ISOP9X Whey Protein Isolate has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Whey Protein

ISOP9X Whey Protein Isolate Reviews

By: Adaptogen Science

Protein > Whey Protein
ISOP9X Whey Protein Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Adaptogen Science. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

ISOP9X Whey Protein Isolate has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Whey Protein

---------------
Best Protein Available on the Market Today

Ingredients

----------
A 29.5g scoop of ISOP9X contains 25g Protein, 1g Carb and .5g Fat which leaves roughly 3g for flavoring and a few other necessary components in the production of a tasty whey isolate. This puts Adaptogen Science's protein count at 84.7% which is a tad low when claiming to be the best protein available. Obviously flavoring is to blame for the lower percentage count so I can't fault them too hard in this area.

Taste / Mixing

------
ISOP9X comes in 4 flavors: Vanilla, Strawberry, Cookies & Cream and my go to flavor that I never waver from, good ol' tried and true Chocolate. This protein did not disappoint in regards to taste, texture or mixing. The flavoring was very light and not overly sweet at all. It tasted delicious no matter what I mixed it with and for all intents and purposes hung right up there with any other pure isolate I've used. And believe me, I've used a lot over the years.

-------
ISOP9X fit flawlessly into my body building lifestyle. It mixed perfectly with my morning coffee. It blended impeccably with my post-workout casein, instant oats and PB2. Two scoops with low fat milk and some mixed nuts for an anytime snack, scrumptious!

-----------

Side Effects

---------
It's lactose and gluten free so zero negative gastrointestinal issues!

-----------

----------------
On Adaptogen's website you can purchase a 1.6 lb. 25 serving tub for $45.50 or a 3 lb. 47 serving tub for $89. However to save some cash, I recommend checking out Amazon. At the time of this writing, the smaller tub could be had for $40 which works out to $25 per pound or $1.60 for each single scoop serving.

As you can clearly see, this is not a cheap protein by any means. And while I am a firm believer in getting what you pay for, with a little shopping you'll find that there are many other equal isolates on the market for far less cash.

Final Words

---------
ISOP9X is an excellent whey isolate. It will meet your dietary needs for cleanly adding a low fat, low carb protein source to your diet. However, is it truly the best on the market as claimed? Unfortunately I have to say no. But can it hang with the best of them? Absolutely!

The real problem here is value. Yes, you are getting a quality protein for your hard earned dollar but there are other manufacturer's out there who manage an equal if not more pure isolate recipe while still maintaining good flavor offerings and also adhering to best practices of cold filtered processing.

If you are a frugal consumer who loves to shop around, you don't need me to tell you to keep shopping. If you really don't care to save your money, this product is among the best you'll find. For me personally, I'll be waiting for the big sale or perhaps the Olympia Expo to pick up my next tub of ISOP9X.
  • Chocolate: 8/10

March 6, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Seems To Be A Bit To Basic
Adaptogen Science bringing a sweet tasting carb-conscious isolate to the game.
Isolates are my top choice, I am getting older and seem to be able to add a few extra lbs easier now days than before. So for me a low carb isolate is my top pick. But finding a isolate that has decent taste seems to be a challenge at times.

Profile.
Pretty simple profile.
25 grams of cold processed isolate, Gluten free, lactose free and 5.5g of BCAAs including 2.6g of Leucine.
Nothing really pops out to me good or bad with this profile.

Taste. 7.8
I received cookies and cream, I have only tried this flavor a few times with other proteins. I would say this is right in the middle of those. It is pretty tasty but nothing to make me scream and tell everyone around me about. It does make a good sweet something to have for a snack instead of a bad choice. I did this a few times late at night. Always satisfied the craving. In milk this was much better but that does seem to defeat the purpose of the low carb protein doing that.

Mixing. 8
I never had an issue with the mixing on this as long as you do not forget to add the whisk ball in the blender bottle.
If you do though, you might have a few clumps. Not a big deal though.

Effectiveness. 7.8
No new PR's from this protein. No huge changes in scaled body weight. No massive changes in muscle growth or look. So No this is not a miracle protein.
It is however easy and light on the stomach. With a really basic profile it is exactly that, a basic protein. No this is not a bad choice but I will stick with my top picks unless I happen to see this on a killer deal.
I never had stomach discomfort , burbs, gas or anything else I can think of. I found taking this in the mid morning or late at night was favorite. I do not like chugging anything after a big workout. I need a while to let myself chill out before doing that. Just a habit I got into I guess.

Value 6
It is not a bad protein, just I feel better about spending my money on some other brands that have earned my trust for a long time.
This runs around 32 bucks for 25 servings, I think I did get more servings than that out of it though.
This is going to be around 1.40 - 1.50 servings, You can can get myprotein.com isolate for around .70 cents - 1.14 depending on what kind of sale you see.

Overall 7
Overall is was not a bad run, I think something is missing to make this standout, but I am not sure what. Thank you for letting me give this a run.
  • Cookies and cream: 8/10

March 6, 2016

Cons:

There's not any product I can think of on this site that is more important and more used than protein. Everybody needs and loves it, so when a chance comes to try a newer brand you just have to try it. My workouts have been here and there lately, trying to decide what exactly I want to set my goals at for the summer, but regardless there is always room in my stack for a new protein isolate.

Not anything tricky here 25 grams of Cold processed whey protein isolate, 1 gram of carbs and a half gram of total fat. With a scoop size of 29.5grams im happy with the protein content in this.

It seems from reading the other reviews I there is something that makes adaptogen stand out its the taste of their proteins. I received chocolate, always my go to for new proteins as its usually safe regardless and ive only found a few that could really mess up that flavor. As for this I wont say it is my favorite, but I will definitely say I can put it in my top 3. Very smooth and easy going down. I use this with water and never had any issues with mixing between 8-12oz of water. I used this 1 scoop immediately post workout.

For protein me like most people on here grade this as to how our digestive systems handle it and taste more than actual feeling of it working. I really like isolates and take them immediately after a workout, no im not a "30minute anabolic window" nut, but I do believe in getting needed clean protein into my system shortly after tearing my muscles apart. Doing this I like a smooth protein, not too overpowering in taste and one that doesn't have me looking for a bathroom on the way home from the gym. This product really did the trick I was able to slam a postworkout shake, and head home without any issues. Once home my stomach still managed to handle it well and the gas was minimal most days if it showed up at all. No notable body composition changes, but with only 25 servings and the workouts I was doing I wasn't expecting any.

Ive found this for 29.99 for 25 servings, a little over a $1 a scoop is pretty normal for isolates so I think the value for this is good and fair.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Thanks to Adaptogen for sending this out and thumbs up on the product. They put out a protein that is can be used on almost any diet and still made it tasty to boot. So far this is my only experience with you guys, but it was a great one.
    • Chocolate: 8/10