Intra Amino Sport Reviews

By: Adaptogen Science

Amino Acids > Recovery
Intra Amino Sport is a Recovery Product manufactured by Adaptogen Science. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

January 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Hydration
  • Good Recovery
  • Pricey
  • Strong Flavoring
Big thanks to the folks over at Adaptogen Science for the hook up on this product to the TROOPs. Aminos are one of my favorite supplements and one that you can keep in rotation all the time regardless of your fitness objectives.

Dosage

One scoop taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

A strong profile that starts off with 7 grams of BCAAs in the 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. Next up is 2 grams of Glutamine, which I think is too low of a dose to be effective. 1 gram of Citrulline is next, which I also think is a low dose to be effective for this ingredient. 1 gram of Coconut Water Powder and a 350mg electrolyte complex round out the profile. Overall a decent profile as far as BCAAs and hydration support go with some cursory "throw in" ingredients.

Mixture (9/10)

Like most BCAA products, this mixes well and almost instantly. Sometimes products with Glutamine can end up with undissolved clumps, but not the case here. As I will get into on the next section, I used a lot more water than called for in the directions. That could have been a contributing factor as to why it mixed so well for me.

Taste(7/10)

I had the Coconut Lime flavor for this product. The taste of this product was kind of a double edged sword for me. The flavor of this product is STRONG, intense even. So I cut with a whole bunch of water, the directions call for up to 20 oz but I ultimately ended up using a full liter (roughly 34 ounces) with this. Once I watered it down a little the taste was actually enjoyable. But with the 20 ounces of water the flavor was just too much for me. If you love a coconut explosion in your mouth you'll enjoy this, but if not you'll probably end up like me and needing to water it down.

Effectiveness (8/10)

I felt like this product did what it was set out to do. I felt adequately hydrated throughout the course of my workouts, and did not feel overly sore after them. That's about all you can realistically ask for from a BCAA product, especially one meant to be taken during your workout. You get a little bit more than the standard fare of BCAAs with 7 grams as opposed to 5, and the hydration support is good as well.

Value (7/10)

The cheapest place I have seen to grab this is at optimalnutrition.com for $34.99 for a 30 serving tub. That comes out to about $1.17 per serving. Considering you get a little more BCAAs and some added ingredients in the package I don't feel that it's a terrible deal overall. There are better and cheaper options to be found, especially for BCAAs but for what this product delivers in addition I give it a little bit of slack.

Conclusion and Verdict

Intra Amino is a good BCAA product to chug during your workouts. You get over and above the standard dose of BCAAs and an adequate hydration complex. You can expect the standard recovery features you get from supplementing with BCAAs. The flavoring is intense, so I recommend using up to a liter of water to cut the flavor a little and to help with mixture as well. This product is on the pricier side of the spectrum, but still holds a decent value for the added BCAAs per serving and added goodies. I give it the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval.
  • Coconut Lime: 7/10

6.6
  January 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Hydration
  • Good Recovery
  • Non Effective Pump

Hey SR, back at it today to do a review for Adaptogen Science's amino supplement Intra Sport Amino. I train fasted at 5 a.m. and am usually cutting (although the holidays did a number this year) and so I love having an amino supplement on hand to sip on during my workout to keep me out of a catabolic state and help with recovery. Amino supplements have gotten a lot better recently and have tons of extras nowadays, so lets see how this one stacked up.

Overall, it's a solid profile. Main ingredient is 7 g BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio, which is a solid amount and ratio. Added to this, is 2 g of glutamine for recovery and immune support. A lot of hate towards glutamine supplements, but I have always liked them and felt better using them, however 2 g is low and probably won't make a huge difference. Same deal with the 1 g of citrulline for pump and endurance, 1 gram is too light to really do anything on it's own but I take a preworkout and sometimes that helps extend and help the quality of pump from that. To round it all off, we have coconut water and electrolyte complex for hydration. I like coconut water as it works for hydration and also adds a little natural flavoring, and hydration is important to me with the cardio I've been doing. So, we have bcaas, some glutamine and citrulline in small doses, and hydration. A pretty solid formula, but it's eerily identical to Xtend.

Mixability was great, limited foaming. Dosing is whenever for recovery, but recommended during your workout as an intra and that's how I took it. The flavor I had was watermelon cooler. Watermelon can be hit or miss, but this was just about right and the coconut water tamed it down some. I liked it every time I took it. Everything is good and solid here.

Well, this did work fairly well. I've had some intras completely blow out my DOMS like Intrablast, some really help with pump, some really help with endurance, and this does a pretty good job but not great at everything. My DOMS was definitely reduced and I felt it did help me stay out of a catabolic state. I'd say the best performing aspect of intra was the hydration, while the worst performing aspect was pump as I didn't get a noticeable difference than just using a preworkout alone. Overall, this intra did a good of reducing DOMS, preserving some muscle, and keeping me hydrated throughout my workouts. It's an average to above average intra supplement (similar to Xtend).

So this is where it really hurts Adaptogen, as I'm sure they have no way to compete with Scivation and it's distribution costs yet. I found this for as low as $30 for 30 servings. $1 is not bad, but Xtend, with almost the exact some profile, can be found for around $24 for 30 servings and more flavor options. This is effective and $1 a scoop isn't bad so it has value, but there's similar and better options out there at a better cost point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked this product and it worked for my goals, but you can find similar intras at a better price.

December 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Better Endurance
  • Helps Build Lean Muscle
  • Better Hydration

First off I want to thank Adaptogen Science for letting us trooper's have the chance to give this product a try. This was my first time ever using any adaptogen products. I had looked into their products in the past but was not to overly crazy about them. Then I noticed they had released a few new products with this being one of them and thought this looked pretty good and had to give it a try. I am a really big fan of amino products and always have them in my workout stack. I think with the direction they are going with some of their new products makes them a little more worth trying now.

This looks to have a pretty decent ingredient profile for an amino product with a few extra things in it. This has a ratio of 2:1:1 and you get a total of 7g of BCAA's. 2g Glutamine and 1g of L-Citrulline. This also has coconut water & electrolytes in it.

Coconut Water helps restore hydration naturally and replenishes electrolytes lost during exercise.

Electrolytes play several important roles in the body, including maintaining proper fluid balance & brain function.

Glutamine supports muscle recovery and protein metabolism; and also increases the body's ability to secrete human growth hormone (HGH), which helps metabolize body fat and support new muscle growth.

L-Citrulline decreases muscle fatigue and soreness and may increase exercise capacity and improve blood flow.

This also helps supports hydration, promotes muscle growth, enhances performance & endurance stamina, Non GMO, sweetened with stevia, no artificial additives or fillers, and no artificial colors or dyes.

This comes in three flavors coconut lime, pina colada, and watermelon cooler. I am not really a fan of anything coconut flavored so I went with the watermelon cooler. This does have a pretty strong taste to it. It was a bit more than I cared for. I thought it was really sweet and rather tart and bitter. It's not horrible to drink by any means but just to tart and bitter for my liking and after awhile I really got tired of this because it was just to over powering. The stevia they use in this I feel is a big part of the reason I was not overly crazy on taste. I would like to see them do away with the stevia because I am not a fan of it at all. I have noticed a lot with stevia that it does leave you with a kind of weird aftertaste which I don't like very much.

This did seem to mix fairly well and no left over little pieces or sediment left over. There is a little bit of foam when mixed but nothing to bad. I also like that there is no dyes in this when mixed to give it some fancy color you don't really need. I would do just one scoop during my workout each time. If you want you could pretty much take this when ever you wanted or if you need a little extra recovery.

I look to amino products to help with recovery, endurance and stamina. I felt this helped me a bit more with my recovery. You do get 2g of glutamine which I really like for recovery and to help with your immune system a little better. I know after using this I did not seem to be as sore especially in the mornings when I would wake up after doing some of my more intense workouts the day before. I think this did a fairly good job at helping my body to feel a little better and not hurt as much. I feel my endurance was really improved. I felt I was able to take a lot less time between sets and not feel as winded. I felt this helped me control my heavy breathing better from some of those heavier sets I would do that tend to make me feel a bit more winded after doing them. A lot of the time I go semi heavy on weight and do at least 10-12 reps per set sometimes I do 15 reps. I noticed a lot less muscle fatigue and felt I was able to push though my workouts a little harder. With the addition of coconut water and electrolytes I felt I was able to stay a little more hydrated than normal and seemed to help me a bit more on my high rep volume training. I think this will help you from becoming so dehydrated. My energy also seemed to be better and more consistent. I think overall this will really help you a lot more no matter what kind of lifter you are. I think overall this will help keep you on track better so you feel better and perform better during your workouts.

The cheapest I could find this was on Amazon.com and they want $42.99 for 30 servings. I think for an amino product that is rather high. I did have a hard time finding sites that carried their product line. I think if some more sites could start carrying their products this would really help lower the price a bit. I think most amino products should be no more than $30 at most. I know on their website they want $49.95 so the amazon price is not to much better.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I thought overall this helped me perform better. I like that this does have a few more things in this besides just your aminos so it can help you in other areas also. I feel this is a product that is more than worth giving a try. After using this and seeing the direction they are going with some of their newer products I am a bit more excited now at wanting to try their products. No matter what kind of a lifter you are I feel this will help you in some way. I do feel they have some decent products but the prices are a bit high. I would like to see more sites start carrying their product line so the prices can go down a little more. I feel they need to tone down the flavoring a bit. For me it's a bit to strong and made it kind of hard after awhile wanting to drink this. I blame most of that on the stevia they use. Again I want to give a big shout out to Adaptogen for letting me have the chance to give this product a try.
  • Watermelon Cooler: 7/10