(Better than 4% in Weight Loss > Thermogenics)

Furian Xtreme is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Adaptogen Science. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

January 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Appetite Suppression
  • Under Dosed
  • No Thermo Effect
Big thanks going out to the folks over at Adaptogen Science for providing this product up for review to the TROOPs. On a personal note this review is a landmark for me as it is my 100th product review. It's been a fun and wild ride off and on for the last 7 years for me on this site, and I'm proud to have hit this milestone. Onto the review:

Dosage

1 pill taken first thing in the morning.

Ingredient Profie (7/10)

(All reference of these ingredients is from examine.com and bodynutrition.org)

From first glance this product seems like a decently put together formula. It starts off with 260mg of caffeine, which is a significant amount to give you a kick for sure.

125mg of Tyrosine is next on the list, which is typically used more for mental/stress support but can also be used to help increase focus which is what I'm assuming they were going for here. At any rate, 125mg seems like a low dose as most research indicates 500mg is the amount you want for substantial benefits .

Next on the profile is 50mg of Coleus Forskohlii, an herb that has shown promise as a fat loss aid. However recommended doses range from the 250-500mg range for this particular ingredient, so it appears to be underdosed in that vain.

50mg of Paradoxine Grains of Paradise is next in the profile, which this ingredient seems to be a paradox...ahh, get it? It's hard to find any substantial research as to what this can do, or how much is an effective dose so it's hard to say if this is beneficial or not. (https://bodynutrition.org/grains-of-paradise)

45mg of Teacrine, or Theacrine is included which is basically a modified version of caffeine which basically adds to the stim effect of this product.

40mg of Bitter Orange extract is used as a fat loss/appetite suppressant. This dose is in line with effective doses in trials.

Lastly to round it out, 2.5mg of Bioperine for absorption support.

So while there is some good in this product, there are certain areas and ingredients that it does seem underdosed in.

Effectiveness (6/10)

The main thing I always want to feel from a thermo is the heat or the core temperature rising...with this I felt none of that. The most I felt was the kick from the caffeine, and the appetite suppression was decent. I was on an intermittent fasting diet while on this product, so I did get to test the strength of the appetite suppression and I would say that it passed. I didn't feel miserable while on those long fasting periods.

As far as weight loss results go, I did manage to lose about 7 pounds overall throughout the course of my two month run on this. I would say this is decent considering it was over the holiday season, although I was stacking with CLA and Carnitine as well as being on previously mentioned intermittent fasting diet. So I feel it was a mixed bag as far as results go.

Side Effects

The only thing I would say is worth noting is I did tend to get headaches more frequently than normal while using this product.

Value (8/10)

The cheapest price I could find was on Tiger Fitness for $35.17 for a 60 count bottle, or 58 cents per serving. Which is a pretty good deal when it comes to thermos, and even if taken twice a day still only puts you at a little over a dollar a day.

Conclusion and Verdict

Furian Xtreme is a thermogenic product that is lackluster in thermo effect, but decent in appetite suppression. It can be effective as part of a well planned out cut, and is available at a good value but I feel like there is better products out there for your buck. My favorite thermo I've tried recently is Radiate from RXS supplements, and I feel that is a better product overall than this one. So unfortunately, I can't give my endorsement on this product but will let it off the hook with a "meh" rating as there are some redeeming qualities to it.

January 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • BurningAcidic Sensation In Throat
    • Under Dosed
    • Ineffective

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I have recently been trying non stim weight loss supps to no avail, so I decided to try out a thermogenic. I have only taken a thermo one other time, and that one did pretty good and I felt the thermo effects. When I saw Furian Xtreme come available via TROOPers I decided to give it a go. Big thank you to Adaptogen and SR for making this review possible and providing me the opportunity to provide some feedback.

Fully transparent label here which is great to see especially on a fat burner, where a lot of companies like to hide their "secret" blends. Lets break each ingredient down with dosage so we can evaluate what we have here. The ingredients I won't define are the 260mg of Caffeine Anhydrous (we know what caffiene does), and 2.5mg Bioperine for absorption. All doses are based off 1 pill.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (125mg): Known as NALT, this is a more water-soluble form of the amino acid Tyrosine. Tyrosine enhances focus, mood, and alertness by increasing levels of dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine. Typically dosage here is 500-2g, but according to examine.com studies in humans showing most anti-stress promise for acute supplemental L-Tyrosine use a dosage range of 100-150mg/kg bodyweight and taken 60 minutes before exercise. So either way we have a low dose here, but it does not hurt.

Coleus Forskohli Root Extract (50mg): This is an herb that may boost testosterone and induce fat loss, particularly in men. 250mg of 10% forskolin taken twice a day is recommended dose, here we have 20% forskolin but well underdosed at 50mg.

Paradoxine (50mg): This is a stim free weight loss ingredient that turns white adipose tissue to brown adipose tissue. The brown fat then gets activated by the Paradoxine which increases thermogenesis. I could not find any good dosage recommendations besides Priceplow, where they state 10-40mg, so if that holds true this is well dosed.

Teacrine (45mg): Similar to caffiene, this increases your dopamine levels to provide you with more long lasting energy, promote greater focus, and cognition. Typically doses of 100mg is where you can notice these effects, so 45mg is pretty low in here.

Advantra Z (40mg): You will see this called Bitter Orange on the label as welll utlized for weight management and as a thermogenic agent. NCBI has a nice paper on this ingredient, and concludes that "The results involving both published and unpublished clinical studies indicate that p-synephrine alone or in combination with caffeine does not appear to produce significant adverse cardiovascular effects or pose a risk to human health at doses commonly ingested orally. No adverse effects have been directly attributable to bitter orange extract or p-synephrine. p-Synephrine/bitter orange extract alone as well as in combination with other ingredients results in significant increases in resting metabolic rate, and when taken for periods of time up to 12 weeks may result in modest weight loss." Unsure about dosage here.

All in all a interesting ingredient profile. I appreciate they did not fill up the product with the standard ingredients you see as fillers like raspberry ketones and the like. Most of the ingredients here are under-dosed as well.

Taste/Mixabililty: Nothing to discuss here as its in pill form. I did have some issues after I swallowed the pill, which I will cover in side effects.

Dosing: The label calls for 1 pill a day, which is what I did. 4 times a week I would take a PWO, so I did not want to over saturate my body with caffeine by taking this multiple times in a day, though it sometimes appears that this was made to be dosed at 2 a day.

So I was looking for some appetite control, a thermogenic effect, and some fat loss. My expectations in the fat loss department were minimal, and I measure this by my belly versus my weight, since the numbers do not tell the whole story. Fat loss wise, I did not experience any at all. This was taken in a combination of good eating (pre-holidays) and bad eating (during holidays), so I got to see how this works with a good and bad diet. I noticed no difference whatsoever. I never did feel a thermogenic effect either. The one Thermo I have take in the past did warm me up, this never did, not even in the slightest which really surprised me. I also experienced no difference in appetite. I would typically take this mid-day as a pick me up thanks to the caffiene, but was just as hungry as normal. Also with that caffiene and the Teacrine I never even felt an energy boost. I am currently taking a PWO that contains 176mg of Caffiene and I feel that boost, so hard to say why I felt nothing in this product. My guess it the delivery system with a low dose of Bioperine but I cannot be certain.

Overall, nothing changed for me at all while taking this, I did actually gain a little fat, but that is due to the holidays. I was going to run this the whole 60 day course, bu the last few weeks I started to experience some bad side effects so I decided to stop.

The best deal I could find this was through Natural Foods via Amazon, which sells this for $33.99 + $5.62 shipping, so $39.61. If you follow the directions you get 60 doses coming out to 66 cents a dose. This is a pretty nice deal for a thermo, but I do rate value combined with effectiveness. Given that I found this not effective at all for me, the price may be right, but I personally would never buy this.

Side Effects

The last 3 weeks or so taking this (so after about 2 weeks), I would swallow the pill and after swallowing I would get a weird burning and acidic type sensation in my throat. This was very uncomfortable for me, and would last a few minutes each time. It felt like the pill would break open in my throat, but this happened so consistently I have no idea why this was happening. After dealing with this for a few weeks, thinking it would stop, and it did not I stopped using the product, because I found no point in taking something that is going to make me uncomfortable.

Conclusion

This was not effective for me at all. Yes, my diet did vary during this, but if someone has a perfectly clean diet then they really don't need a thermo. I was at least expecting something minimal like an energy boost or appetite suppression, but it just felt like a pill that did nothing at all. The side effect at the end coupled with everything makes me not recommend this product. Everyone's different, so bear in mind this was my experience. Adaptogen looks like they have some exciting products out there that I will likely try in the future, but this one was a swing and a miss!

Overall
    Overall
    6.6
    6.3
      January 8, 2018

• Not Great At Anything

Hey SR, here today to do a review for Adaptogen Science's fat burner called Furian Xtreme. I've been cutting for awhile and always on the look out for a great fat burner to help in that quest. I've had a lot of good ones in the past in both forms of high stim (OptiBurn, old school Alphamine) and non stim (Torem), and see value in both types. Your diet is obviously the most important factor when cutting, but a good fat burner can help in a number of ways like energy, thermo effect, appetite control, etc. So let's see how this stacked up.

Interesting profile, and props for it being fully disclosed. This has a mixture of some stims and some non stim fat loss ingredients that are pretty well known, with maybe on exception. As far as stims, you get 260 mg of caffeine (a decent amount, but I usually have preworkouts much stronger), Teacrine which I love as a longer lasting energy but kind of low at 45 mg, 125 mg of Tyrosine for some focus (a little low as well), and 40 mg of Advantra Z which always works pretty well especially with low carb diets like mine. Then in the non stim varietywe have 50 mg of Forskolin which I like and have used before in products like Anabeta Elite and is used mostly for a recomp, and a newer ingredient in 6-Paradol at 50 mg which is a Grains of Paradise extract. After doing some research this can increase your metabolism in some studies, boost testosterone, decrease estrogen, and can be a powerful antioxidant. However there was a stipulation that all were using cold therapy as well. Some possible sides do include urinary tract distress though. The 50 g dosage of this ingredient does look on the good side for this ingredient, and I'm always looking to try something new so I was down to give it a shot. Overall, a mixture of some stims, non stims, and in semi good/ a little low dosages. Not a bad profile, not great, some points for creativity.

No taste or mixability, easy to swallow pills. Dosing states to take one pill a day. I did this for a majority of the container, however I did use two pills a day near the end which I'll explain later.

So as my title states, this wasn't a very good stim fat burner or a non stim fatburner. Overall, I didn't get much out of this product than a slight pick me up after taking. Because of the lack of effectiveness, I even upped the dosage to two pills a day near the end and in similar results, it was just a slight pick me up. My diet was pretty good while on this and my workouts/cardio continued, but I only had a slight decrease in fat/weight. The other factors I look to when using a fat burner weren't there at all. There was no thermo during the day or when I used before cardio, and the most important factor for me in appetite control was non existent either. My mood and focus were elevated slightly with the energy, but nothing to write home about. Overall, this product just didn't work for me very well. I've used fat burners whether high stim or low stim that do a better job in these areas.

The value of this is pretty good (if it works for you) which is $35 for 60 caps. A fat burner for $35 that lasts two months is a great deal. Even when I used two a day the value is strong as a good fat burner will cost you in the $30 range. Effectiveness effects my value, but this is not very expensive for a 1-2 month run.

Side Effects

After reading about the urinary tract issues I was a little worried, but I experienced no side effects.

Conclusion

For me, this supplement is lost in no mans land. Not great at energy, not great at body recomp low stim effects. I don't think this has a clear cut direction and needs some tweaking.