Kill It Reloaded Reviews

By: 5% Nutrition

Kill It Reloaded is a Pre-Workout manufactured by 5% Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to 5% Nutrition for sending it out!
  March 9, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Accurate Scoop
  • 30 Servings Per Tub
  • Powder Has A Chemical Smell
  • Artificial Colors Used
  • Short Focus Window

From the brand:

There's a new contender for the ultimate pre-workout - Kill It Reloaded! This is a hardcore pre-workout that's armed, dangerous and out to take over the category. Our new and improved KILL IT is designed to give you more pump, more energy and laser sharp focus. Loaded with 325 mg of caffeine, utilizing 2.5 grams of the industry's most stable glycerol powder, GlycerolPump, along with 4 grams of pure L-Citrulline, Kill It Reloaded is bound to be your new old favorite pre-workout..

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

First off, thank you to 5% Nutrition for participating here at SR.com and sending me out a tub of Kill it Reloaded to use and share my thoughts on. This is part of the first group of 5% Nutrition supplements that I have ever used but that doesn't mean I am unfamiliar with them and the brand as a whole. I used to watch all of Rich's YouTube videos before his untimely passing and always saw him using his products before and after workouts (albeit at much higher dosages than what I used). Please read on if you are interested in my first experiences with this brand and what could be their premier pre-workout supplement.

First, I have copy and pasted a full breakdown of the supplement facts for this product. There is also a photo of the panel included at the bottom of this review. Unlike the original Kill It, the Reloaded version has a fully disclosed label (which is always a positive for me). The amount of ingredients has also increased in this new version compared to the original (10.5 grams per scoop in the original versus 17.1 grams in Reloaded).

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (17.1 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 30

Caffeine Citrate - 50 mg
DiCaffeine Malate Infinergy - 50 mg

Other Ingredients:
Malic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Red #40

My friends over at PricePlow did a fantastic job in their blog post (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/5-nutrition-kill-it-reloaded) detailing the ingredients included and also pointing out all of the changes made from the original version to this one. The highlights of the ingredient profile for me with this product have to be all the pump ingredients included. The four gram dose of L-Citrulline is pretty nice on its own but when you include a huge dose of GlycerPump (2.5g), that is going over the top and should equal a good time for most people. Those ingredients paired with the big dose of Taurine should give you the endurance and pumps to last through the longest workouts.

Moving beyond the pump and endurance ingredients, we have a pretty average Nootropic blend in my opinion. Nothing massively dosed or unique to the industry with these three ingredients but still nice to have in a pre-workout supplement. The next batch of ingredients is different forms of creatine that when added together equals about half of the daily dose that many people use. If you supplement with creatine, this shouldn't be your only source but nice to have to further saturate your muscles and possibly provide some muscle power benefits during your workout. The last blend of ingredients for this supplement is the stims and 5% has stuck with just caffeine but in three different forms. The 367mg of raw ingredients yields about 325mg of total caffeine and the theory is they should come on at different speeds to provide a smooth and long last feeling of energy. The remaining ingredients are all the flavors, artificial sweeteners along with some artificial coloring in the flavor I received. I would really like to see the artificial color removed from this product as I don't feel is serves a beneficial purpose and possibly limits the market to who would purchase this.

Taste >> This product comes in four flavors and I received the Cherry Berry flavor. As mentioned in the "Con" section at the top, there is a chemical smell to the powder when you open the tub. Thankfully that disappears upon mixing and you are only left with an enjoyable cherry/mixed red berry flavor. No specific fruit flavor stands out when drinking and there was nothing unpleasant that I experienced during the entire tub. Very easy to go through an entire 30 serving tub without tiring of the flavor.

Mixability >> Everything was great with this aspect. As you can see from the photos, when you dump a scoop into your shaker, almost everything sinks to the bottom. After about ten seconds of shaking, I would say about 99% of the powder is mixed in the water. Very few small granules can be seen at the bottom of the shaker. There is also some foam that appears that you can see in another photo but that dissipates quickly and is not an issue when consuming.

Dosing >> Per the brand: "Advanced users mix 1 scoop with 8-10oz. cold water and consume 30 minutes before your workout. If you are new to pre-workouts, determine tolerance by consuming 1/2 scoop. Once tolerance has been determined, you can go up to 1 scoop. "

All of my servings were consumed on an empty stomach with there being at least a 12 hour gap before I started my workout.

First a little background about the type of training I did while using this supplement. I typically lift weights between three and four days a week. For the first three training sessions of the week, I am doing full body workouts including some heavy movements for different body parts each day. For example, the first session would have a heavy movement focused on my back (deadlifts or rows), the second day would have the heavy movement focused on my chest and shoulders (bench press and/or overhead press) and the third full body session would have the heavy movement focused on my legs (squats or leg press). After the heavy movements were done, the other body parts would be worked in the hypertrophy range. These workouts normally last about 90 minutes and I would sometimes do TABATA cardio afterwards. If I went in on a fourth day, that would just be a "free" day to add some more volume to any body part(s) that were feeling good or that I wanted to improve but nothing heavy.

In baseball terms, this supplement was a home run for me and just short of a grand slam. The only aspect that kept it from being a grand slam was the focus. That would seem to wear off after about 30 to 45 minutes into the workout. If that is how long your weight lifting sessions normally run, then this is a non-issue and you will probably love this supplement. As mentioned, my sessions last longer than that, so towards the end would sometimes be a struggle to get everything done that I wanted to.

Moving beyond that one downfall for effectiveness, this product performed wonderfully in the other areas that I look for. The pumps and feeling of fullness came on quickly, lasted the entire workout and seemed to flow from one body part to the next quite easily. I could feel some extra blood flow during the lower rep sets then it really got going when I moved into the hypertrophy work. I can't speak much to the vascularity that this supplement provides because my current body weight doesn't lead to that effect. If you are a person who can achieve and/or are looking for vascularity during your workouts, this is definitely a product worth looking into. In terms of energy for each scoop, I have no complaints here during my tub.

The different forms of caffeine hit me at different times and I had everything I wanted from the beginning to the end of my weight session with no side effects or crash afterwards. There was still some energy leftover from the caffeine when it was time to do my cardio after lifting weights. With 300mg to 350mg of caffeine becoming pretty standard in pre-workouts on the market, this should satisfy your average stim-junkie but shouldn't blow your head off. If you want more stims in your pre-workout; either increase the dosage of this product or 5% Nutrition also has a higher stim supplement you can look into.

Lastly, I was happy with this supplement's effectiveness when it came to muscle power, muscle endurance and hydration elements during the workout. Aside from those times when the focus aspect had left me, my body had everything it needed to push the weights I wanted through the number of sets and reps that were planned. With the lower dose of Beta-Alanine, I did not feel any immediate tingles after consuming or during the workout but I still believe it served its intended purpose. No issues with cramping or light-headedness during the weight lifting or cardio afterwards.

This product is available at various different online stores and for the most part the pricing is pretty consistent. Keep in mind each tub contains 30 servings versus many others that only have 20-25 nowadays. You can find it for $40 plus shipping unless you order more than $99 on the Rich Piana website. Or you can go to Amazon where it is currently $36 with free shipping. A quick search of eBay revealed a couple high positive feedback sellers who have this listed for just under $30 with free standard shipping.

Side Effects

I personally did not experience any negative side effects throughout my use of the tub. With fourteen active ingredients, be sure to take a look at the label before buying just to make sure nothing is in here that you know you do not react well to. As with any caffeine containing supplement, I would not consume this too late in the day or you might have some issues with sleep.

The flavor I had also contained some artificial colors (Red 40), so be aware of this if you are allergic to them or just trying to avoid these ingredients.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Kill It Reloaded was a fantastic product that almost crushed every aspect I look for in a pre-workout supplement and the only place it missed in effectiveness may not be an issue for others who have shorter workouts. When compared to the original version, Reloaded has more ingredients and an open label which are positives for me. I enjoyed the flavor I received along with the effectiveness in most areas that I desire. At a true one scoop serving for 95%+ of the general population and with 30 servings in each tub, this supplement is a fantastic deal at only around $1.00-$1.35 per scoop.

Thank you again to 5% Nutrition for participating here at SR.com and sending me this supplement to review. Rich and his people should be proud of this product and I wish he was still here for the knowledge and entertainment he provided

R.I.P. Rich Piana

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Cherry Berry: 8/10