Kill It Reviews

By: 5% Nutrition

Kill It is a Pre-Workout manufactured by 5% Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

November 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Long Handle Scooper
  • Solid Tingles In Spite Of Lower Dose Of Beta Alanine
  • Clean Energy
  • Increased Strength
  • Bang For Your Buck
  • True One Scooper Preworkout
  • Solid Pumps
  • Endurance
  • Not That Punch In The Face Energy
  • Lacking A Bit In The Mental Focus Department

Hello SR community. Redweilerfan is back again with a review and this time around we will go IN DEPTH with one of the most popular preworkouts the market has seen in the last years. Yes I am, of course, talking about Kill It by Rich Piana and 5% Nutrition. We all know about the tragic event of Rich Pianas death some time ago and there is no doubt about the fact that the supplement world has lost one of its most colourful personalities, regardless of what people think of him individually. 5% Nutrition is a widely popular company and their supplements are selling basically all over the world, something few brands really manage to pull off today. This is certainly based on good marketing and branding, but also on Pianas own person. I have just recently finished my tub of this pre and will now deliver an in depth review of it. A few words about me; I workout 4 times a week with 3 days off for recovery since Im not in my 20s anymore. I'm currently bulking and the goal is to eat tons and lift tons. For this one needs good preworkouts and I usually rotate them two and two, so as not to get too used to one specific brand. Alright, on with the review then.

So, right off the bat I will say that this is the international version (European) and not the U.S version of Kill It, so there are some minor differences, although I will also say that this is a rare occasion when I believe that the international version is better. Usually it is almost always the other way around. Okay, so with one scoop at 11.9 g we get 30 servings in total and per scoop we get;

Vitamin B3 (as Niacinamide) 30 mg (150% of daily allowance)
Magnesium (as Creatine MagnaPower Magnesium Creatine Chelate) 120 mg (30% of your daily allowance)
Sodium (as Sodium Citrate) 24 mg (1% of your daily allowance)
Potassium (as Potassium Citrate and Raw Coconut Water Concentrate) (1% of your daily allowance)

L-Citrulline 4000 mg
Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COPMax) 500 mg
Caffeine anhydrous 250 mg
L-Norvaline 125 mg
Rhodiola Rosea Extract (Root) 75 mg

So, the US version contains 750 mg of agmatine and tri citrulline malate for pumps and the international contains 4 g of pure l-citrulline, and this is the most obvious difference. Now, 750 mg of agmatine is generally seen as under dosed (1 to 1.5 g is the standard dose) and the tri citrulline malate is hidden behind a prop blend in the US version, so we don't know the exact amount there. The international version has a full disclosure label (a plus in my book) and 4 g of straight citrulline is not under dosed, it is over dosed (clinical dose seen generally in 3 g). This will produce solid pumps and I will elaborate upon that in the Effectiveness section below.

Beta alanine comes in the well known Carnosyn patented version, thought of as the best, although here it is under dosed with 2 g (usually 3.2 g is regarded as clinical dosage). I will also return to this issue in the Effectiveness section. Beta alanine as we all know works by blocking mainly hydrogen ions and the build up of lactic acid in your working muscles, which has the effect of providing increased stamina and endurance, resulting in a few more reps.

Taurine is another popular ingredient nowadays and it primarily helps with muscle cell volumization and power output, thus giving you some extra lifting power and muscle fullness. 1 g is a clinical dose, but I have seen more than double that amount in other pres.

NALT is mainly for mental focus and, if you are lucky, euphoria during a hard workout. This version of tyrosine passes through the blood-brain barrier via its high solubility and thus increases the effects on the brain. 500 mg is a standardized dose, although I would have been happy seeing the double amount here for some real mental boost.

Creatine MagnaPower is touted as a more bio available version of creatine due to the addition of magnesium, and the claims are that this aids in the process of ATP production, the main source of energy for your muscles. I personally think the jury is out on that one and the debate continues as to the efficiency of that versus creatine monohydrate. The dose of 1500 mg is debatable.

Creatinol-o-Phosphate in the patented COPMax version is an interesting ingredient which has become popular during recent years. In spite of its name suggesting otherwise, this is more similar to beta alanine than creatine and it inhibits low PH in your muscles, thereby delaying lactic acid build up.

125 mg of l-Norvaline, which is a clinical dose, adds to the pump effect together with 4 g of citrulline and vitamin B3. L-Norvaline inhibits arginase and prolongs vasodilation. Niacin has a vast array of health benefits, it converts carbohydrates into glucose for easily attainable energy for your working muscles, it boosts natural energy and for us bodybuilders, it increases blood flow thereby helping out with the pumps.

Finally, we got 250 mg of caffeine as the only stimulant source in this pre. This amount is a moderate one, and it will probably appeal to most people, even stim sensitive ones. It is a nice middle range dose for most people, it is not too much to cause jitters and crashes, and it delivers an adequate amount of mental and physical energy. The inclusion of rhodiola at 75 mg is, in my opinion, practically worthless. This low amount (clinical dose often stated as 300-400 mg) will not do a thing for you, and besides, rhodiola is an anti-stress ingredient mainly and not something that you will have any direct use for in a preworkout. Well, someone perhaps will say: "this is for fighting fatigue, making you working out longer"! Nope, the amount is still so low that it will probably not do anything at all here. According to Examine.com the recommended dose for stopping fatigue and providing stress relief is in the 288-680 mg range. Either way, it is under dosed. Alright, so those are the ingredients and they are all good ingredients in a pre (except rhodiola in my opinion anyways).

Okay, so we now come to the taste aspect here. This is unfortunately not the best aspect of Kill It, and yes, it is a personal and subjective statement. This pre comes in several flavors; Blue Raspberry, Fruit Punch, Grape Bubblegum, Mango/Pineapple, Lemon/Lime and Southern Sweet Tea. I bought the Mango/Pineapple since I'm a big fan of tropical flavors overall. Unfortunately, there was no taste of pineapple whatsoever here. What I did taste was a synthetic mango flavor with a strange kind of bitterness in the aftertaste. The first few sips were pretty good, but then it got old and it got old fast. The bitter chemical aftertaste made me just chug it down to get it over with. Mixability was nice though, the powder dissolved quickly and the dosing is great. This is a true one scooper preworkout; you don't have to double scoop in order to reap the benefits here. Gotta love that nowadays! I usually chugged it down 20-30 minutes before hitting the gym, which was perfect.

The important part for a pre; did it work? I can say this; I have used many pres during my time as a bodybuilder and Kill It is in my opinion one of the best so far. I would say that it is among my top 5 pres so far. After chugging it and hitting the gym I got to work and Kill It delivered all the way. I got noticeable strength increase and I could increase weights for chest press, shoulders, biceps/triceps and legs. Endurance was pretty good and I gotta tell you guys, these are among the worst (or rather best) beta alanine tingles I have felt ever! That's crazy, I can take 3.2 g of Carnosyn beta alanine in some pres and I don't feel a thing, and yet here I took only 2 g and my whole body was running rampant. Endurance was good in spite of under dosed beta alanine and perhaps the COPMax helped out here. Once (no joke here guys) I had tingles for 50 minutes straight and euphoria for 3 hours on. That time I got a little bit scared, wondering what was going on! I did not have euphoria every time with Kill It, but often enough. However, the mental focus part was a bit inconsistent to be honest. Sometimes I maxed my strength and had 2 hours straight in the gym, but almost without any mental focus. When I had mental focus it was of the weaker kind. But the strength and overall effectiveness of this pre made up for it though. Pumps were great overall, and they should be with that amount of citrulline combined with niacin and l-norvaline. Energy wise, this is in the lower end of the spectrum. It is not bad per se, but my sweetspot when it comes to caffeine is usually around 300-350 mg, and I would not consider myself a stim junkie by any means. But the energy was clean and long lasting, although not particularly strong. So, if you require 400 mg of caffeine for a good workout, then this is not a pre for you. If you like Piana and 5% Nutrition then 5150 would be a more stim packed alternative. Sometimes I myself like that "punch in the face" energy that gets me going, but that depends on the circumstances, it is not something I like every time I workout. For all you folks working out late in the evening, which I do twice a week, this would be a nice pre to try out. Also, I didnt notice any tolerance build up, which is nice. Overall then, solid effectiveness in most areas.

Value is a good thing here as well. Kill It is not cheap by any means, but I would contend that you will get some bang for your buck. I paid $ 38 when I bought this one online long time ago and the prices are around the mid $ 30 mark today as well. On Amazon I saw it for $ 35.95 and on 5% Nutrition's webpage the price is the same. For $ 35.95 you get 30 servings which comes down to around $ 1.20 per individual serving. Not the best, but not the worst either. As I said; you do get some bang for your buck here. This is after all a true 30 servings preworkout. And certainly, this is a "celeb product" and as with all those you do pay for the name on the tub as well as for the brand name. Second, we have ingredients here that are expensive, like COPMax for instance, so those things affect the price. But overall a pretty good value I think.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For me, Kill It does exactly that. It killed the workouts. If you wanna kill the weights and feel good about it, this is a pre that would be a good alternative. It has solid ingredients, it provides good pumps and it is a true one-scooper pre. Strength is a winner here. Yes, it is not cheap, but if you find it on sale somewhere, don't hesitate. I will buy it again in another flavor if I can find it a bit cheaper in the future. Sometimes we just have to admit that quality costs, right? But Kill It is still, after some years, a strong contender on the preworkout market, and that is saying something when we consider how flooded it is today. For me, this is a "thumbs up" product.
  • Mango Pineapple: 5/10

October 3, 2015

• Underdosed At 1 Scoop

I will be reviewing 'Kill It' by 5% Percent nutrition. I had the blue raspberry flavor. I was very excited to give this product a try hearing so many mixed reviews. I thought it would be perfect to give it a shot. So here we go.

Here you are getting some very solid, proven ingredients here including, citrulline malate, agmatine sulfate, creatine magnapower, COP, Beta Alanine, and a energy blend of caffeine and tyrosine. Fairly standard, These are all blends, but it appears to be effectively dosed! 1 scoop provides 750mg of agmatine, a solid amount! it is even more solid if you use 1.5 - 2 scoops. If you don't mind running through the container as quickly. Overall KILL IT does have lots of PUMP producing/lasting ingredients, and a heavy dosing of caffeine for some at 250mg. But then there is more! They did add in N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NAT) which is a more soluble version of L-Tyrosine, which "improves brain function. Which was an added bonus. Not a huge fan of the prop blend in general for this product.

I had the blue raspberry flavor I thought it mixed very well in my blender bottle. The taste it what you come to see with a standard blue raspberry flavor it wasn't out of this world nor was it bitterly horrible it was drinkable. I thought it was a pretty sweet flavor. Thankfully there was no bad aftertaste. Like stated before there was no issue with the mixing with this product a few times there was some residue left in the bottom of the shaker cup threw some more water in there and shook and went down fine. The dosing was fairly simple for this product 1 scoop 20-30 mins before your workout. I started the first 4-5 workouts with one scoop then eventually worked my way to 1.5 scoops/ (I found this was my sweet spot with this product as I will explain better in effectiveness section.) 2 scoops was just a tad bit to much for me personally. Overall pretty easy to drink mixes well.

Like I said earlier at one scoop for me the effectiveness was not out of this world just a solid workout but, at 1 1/2 scoops it had me (killing) the weights pretty well if I say so myself. Now I did try 2 scoops dose twice was just too much for me had a good workout but had an upset stomach through the workout. However I was very impressed at the fact that at any of the doses stated above I never had a (crash) after my workout I figured the 2 scoop dose would have my sleeping in the squat rack but do my surprise it did not. I felt this product shined where maybe a lot of others don't as a stand alone pre workout. I got a good pump feeling with this product without having to add a(Noxygen) or (Vasky) to get my pump feeling which had me impressed with this product. I enjoyed the tingles off of this product but, that is completely my opinion alone some may not enjoy the beta -alanine tingles. Mental focus was decent with this product I found myself getting in the (zone) quite often. I really enjoyed this product on my arm days. Between the pump you received and the vascularity it just made for a spot on arm day.

At $30 for a 30 serving tub, this PWO falls right in the sweet spot for value at $1 per serving. Unfortunately if you are like me and use 1.5 scoops it does go quicker.so when upgraded to 1.5 scoops per serving the price is also hiked up to $1.50. So not the worst for cost but, by far not the best. I would love to see either the servings go up or the price drop cause it is a solid product just depends on your needs and tolerance.

Side Effects

I gladly did not experience any side affects with this product besides the upset stomach when taking to 2 scoops but, when you go over the 1 scoop servings then you take your chances. Anytime you go over the recommended dosing it's at your own risk.

Conclusion

Well, if you could find this product on a BOGO or a buy one get one half off sale. Would be worth stocking up. I feel this product is worth a try, I experienced solid workouts and if your looking for a stand alone pwo this will do the trick just might have to up the dosing a bit. I am sure I will use this again and most likely keep it in my pwo rotation. It gets my approval to give it a try.
  • Blue Raspberry: 8/10

September 19, 2015

• Slight Crash

Hello all. Time for my much overdue review of 5% Nutrition's PWO product, Kill It. Thanks to the company and SR TROOPS for providing this product for us to try. And my apologies for how long it took to get my review up. Many unplanned family vacations came out of nowhere when I bought an RV a month ago. I enjoyed this product and found it to be pretty spot on for dosing and effectiveness.

I like this profile quite a bit. I'd call it a little above average for what we have come to expect from a decent PWO. I like the 250mg of caffeine, and I really like the 750mg of agmatine. I got a very nice pump from this product on its own, which is something I find alot of PWO's to be lacking these days. The label should be automatically attached to the review (I think). I guess there have been some questions about the actual amount of Creatine contained in this product, but that's for the company to figure out. I don't get too worked up about creatine content in PWOs. Its cheap to supplement it yourself.

I had the Lemon-Lime flavor and loved it. Tasted like gatorade to me. It mixed pretty well every time with minimal shaking. Dosing is directed at 1 scoop before your workout, and I never had any problems with the scooper itself. I tried this at varying doses which I will get in to in the effectiveness section.

I started this off at the directed 1 scoop prior to workout. I could feel it working reasonably well, but it always left something to be desired. I am a big guy and am stim tolerant, so this didn't surprise me at all. I tried 2 scoops one or twice, but honestly felt this is just too much caffeine to be using, and it would cause me a terrible crash an hour or two after my workout. I found the sweet spot to be just a tad under 1.5 scoops. This is when I got good energy, good pumps, and minimal crash effect post workout. Since I was on a bunch of vacations where I did not use any supps, it was nice to come back and try a PWO and see if the effectiveness was any different after a break. It seemed to stay on par regardless of time off. The pump this product provided was really where it shined for me. Good fullness and vascularity. I love getting this effect from a PWO without supplementing it with a Pump product. I also think that should be taken into account when considering the value of this product. Overall, my workouts were above average while using this. My mind was never blown away, but I was definitely content.

Around $30 for a 30 serving tub is right on par with the competition, if not slightly better. Even at about 1.3 scoops, which is how I liked it, you're still getting about 23 workouts in. Most of the true 1-scoopers these days are 22-23 scoops for usually a little more than $30.

Side Effects

Nothing much to speak of here. Pretty bad crash after taking 2 scoops, but no one should need to take 2 scoops of this stuff in my opinion.

Conclusion

8's across the board on this one for me. Good taste, good value, pretty good workouts. I think Rich Piana put his name on a pretty good product here. I wouldn't hesitate to put my stamp of approval on this one. Once again, sorry for how long it took me to get this one up, and I will have my reviews up for the rest of the 5% line within the next week or so as I wind them down. Thanks alot to 5% and TROOP for letting me review this product!
  • Lemon-lime: 9/10

Overall
Overall
5.9
5.5
  September 18, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Long Handle Scooper
  • Needs More Caffeine
  • Underdosed At 1 Scoop
  • Needs Focus Ingredients

Again, I want to thank the team at 5% Nutrition for presenting SR TROOPs with the opportunity to write a review of their pre-workout "Kill-It". I had quite a favorable review of 5% Nutrition's BCAA Product, so it's time to see how this stacks up!

This product has a number of PWO favorites, such as Beta-Alanine, Agmatine, Citrulline, Tyrosine and of course caffeine. So they are trying to hit the marks on pump, stamina and energy. It also contains a 1.5G serving of a creatine blend with MagnaPower as the main formula. The profile also lists coconut water powder, but I don't feel it had the same smooth texture as their "All Day U May" BCAA. My issue is, the scoop is listed at 10.5 Gs the two blends are listed at a combined 9G. Where's the other stuff? As the other nutrients not in the blends are nominal.

I received the "blue raspberry" version of this product. Any time I receive a "blue raspberry" or a "fruit punch", it brings a nostalgic tear to my eye as those flavors were always the first I'd try when it came to workout supplements wayyyy back in the day. The blue raspberry flavor was just like I remembered it as well, very sweet and quite a "sugary" flavor. I'm not going to call it my favorite, but it wasn't intolerable like other products have been.

Dyes! Dyes! It's blue! I gotta blue drank! I don't care about dyes. Ain't no one gonna care if my kidney is blue after I expire.

The product mixed quite well, it's just a PWO, people!

I started out dosing this product at a single scoop. I found this wasn't very effective. I eventually moved up to around 1.75 scoops as my settle point.

As touched on, I feel the energy aspect of this product, even with a combined mix of caffeine and Tyrosine, I didn't get a great amount of a "jump". Dosing at 1.75 scoops, I'd be getting about 400 mg of caffeine and that should certainly be more than enough to pick me up, but I didn't get that from this product. The energy also didn't sustain throughout the course of my workouts. I was never tired, but the little bit of juice I did acquire tapered off around a half hour in each time. Endurance also was an issue as I appeared to fatigue a bit during workouts.

The focus element of this product was non-existent. I love it when a pre-workout or pill gives me a vibe that I WANT to work out. I did not feel that with this product. I found myself resting more each and every time, not wanting to "kill" the lifts. There was no "mean" streak for me like the big man wants you to feel with this product.

The best attribute of this product is the pump. Looking at Rich, you know his products aren't gonna let you down there because he's a slightly larger than average human himself. The pumps weren't earth shattering, but they wee actually quite solid each and every time I would hit my upperbody. I did add AAKG on occasion, but it was mostly unnecessary as this product alone does well.

I did experience a bit of excess water retention while running this product. I was able to shed it quickly with an hour of cardio shortly after though.

This product can be found for around $33 for 30 "servings". I found that one "serving" didn't quite hit the spot for me. I eventually had to get myself to 1.75 scoops for a decent workout. This gives you about 18ish or so workouts. $33 for 18 workouts is a bit expensive in my opinion, especially with the product struggling in the focus and energy department.

Side Effects

Little bit of water retention.

----Conclusion---
I personally didn't get extreme benefits from this product, but it seems like a decent amount of people here like it. I guess it just wasn't the right PWO for me, so I personally will be using other options going forward. If you are looking for a supplement for pumps, this could service you well though.
  • Blue Raspberry: 6/10

September 16, 2015

• Needs Focus Ingredients
  • Under Dosed Beta-Alanine And Creatine
----Introduction---
As always, a big thank you to The TROOPER program and 5% Nutrition for providing me with this product in exchange for an unbiased, quality review.

This was the little jug that just wouldn't quit. For the first time ever, I feel like there were more serving in the bottle than were on the label! It seemed to last forever, but I am finally through it and ready to jump into the review.
Simply put, in a preworkout, I look for something that allows me to do more work than I would be able to without it. The more work it allows me to do the better I tend to like it. Kill It is a solid entry into what I call the "Mid Level" preworkout market. It's more than a concentrate such as C4, 1MR, or Jack3d, but not as complete as products like Nutrabio Pre, PMD Pump Fuel, etc. Other products I consider to be in the same class are BSN N.O.-Xplode, MusclePharm Assault, etc. It definitely allowed me to get more work done than without it.

One note I would like to make is that one level scoop of this does not a serving make. It came up consistently at 9g. To get to the 10.5g on the label you need to do a heaping scoop. The tub says "1 Scoop", which I can only assume means 1 level scoop. So their scooper is the wrong size and you are under dosing by 15% which is a BIG DIFFERENCE. This annoys me to no end. I am weighing everything now and find that about 75% of products are off to some degree. This really annoys me. Companies need to have the right size scooper and clearly specify whether the serving is a heaping scoop (which is stupid because this is not accurate anyways), level scoop, to the ring in the scoop, or whatever. Did I mention this annoys me severely?

Pros:
-Electrolytes! Always a welcome addition.
-Effective, disclosed doses of Agmatine, L-Citrulline and Caffeine. I like that with the caffeine the amount is enough to stay at 1 serving, or to increase if needed.
-Uses patented ingredients. COPMax, CarnoSyn, AgmaMax, Creatine MagnaPower. Usually these are top quality.
Cons:
-Creatine under dosed at only 1.5g. Bear in mind that all the forms of creatine in here are bonded creatine. This means 1g of any type of bonded creatine isn't equal to 1g of pure creatine. Ratios vary depending on the type. So out of that 1.5g you're getting even less actual creatine.
-Massive proprietary blend on many ingredients. Taurine, Beta-Alanine, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, COPMax, L-Norvaline and Rhodia Rosea extract are all in a blend that works out to 3.4g. So there is very little chance that any of that is dosed effectively.

With dosing I had to tinker a little bit. Getting the right amount of stims is the number one thing for me in a preworkout and I quickly found that at 250mg of Caffeine 1 scoop was not enough. This makes sense, even more so after I weighed it and found out it was coming up short because I wasn't even getting that much. I eventually found my sweet spot at 1 heaping scoop and a half. Even at this dose I was tempted to go up to two full scoops, but I didn't want to get into the crazy amounts of caffeine that would provide. It was also important that I made sure to have an empty stomach. A couple of times I didn't quite and the energy didn't hit at all then.

I had Blue Raspberry and it was good! 5%'s flavors seem to taste less artificial and more like the fruit they are actually named for. I experienced this same thing with the Mango Pineapple All Day You May. I also realize that this doesn't really make sense since there is no such thing as Blue Raspberries anywhere in nature! But I'll stand by my statement!

Kill It mixed just fine. I really had no issues here.

Kill It performed better than average, based on products I have taken, but there was lot that could be improved on as well. Don't get me wrong, I had solid, above average, workouts while running it but everything can improve.

Energy was okay, but I wish it would have hit harder. Even at 1.5 servings (325mg Caffeine) I never really got a big rush from it like I like. It also seemed to ware off fairly quickly. Normally that amount of Caffeine puts me right in the sweet spot but for some reason Kill It just didn't hit me as hard as an equivalent amount of Caffeine from other products I have used. For comparison, I have 200mg pure Caffeine pills that I use on occasion and taking 1.5 of those gets me JACKED, like borderline jittery, for 3-4 hours.

Endurance was also okay, but again could have been better. I wish the effects of Kill It would have lasted longer. I found my workouts petering out sooner than I would like on many occasions. Lack of Beta-Alanine is certainly a factor here. Interestingly, I did feel the Beta-Alanine in this product, which is weird because I know it's under dosed and I don't normally get hardly any tingles after using high amounts of Beta-Alanine for so long. The bottom line is that sometimes I really wanted to kill my workout but ended up maiming it instead due to fatigue.

The thing this product is really missing is focus ingredients. I didn't get any extra focus from this product other than what Caffeine normally provides. There was definitely no tunnel vision and I found my mind wandering a lot. It was harder than normal to stay engrossed in the moment. The only thing I see in here for focus is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, and we don't even know how much. I would love to see something else like Pikatropin or even some DMAE. I really think the addition of some focus ingredients could help the stims hit harder as well.

Another area that could use attention is strength. Due to an inadequate amount of creatine I really didn't get any strength boost over the course of the tub. I usually like to see some strength gains above and beyond what I could normally do but I didn't find that here.

The thing about this product that stood out best to me was pumps. Once I upped the dose to a heaping scoop and a half you get great does of L-Citrulline and Agmatine. Now that I have used a few products with these ingredients I can say that I respond really well to both of them. The pumps were always strong and consistent, leaving my muscles swole and stretched after each workout. The latter part of the can I stacked it with another Nitric Oxide booster I had lying around and WOW. Pumps were often painful. Even my legs got super pumped after squats. I didn't really see too much vascularity but I'm not really lean enough for that.

Side Effects

I did not have any negative side effects!

This still has very limited availability which probably hurts the price. I could only find it on illpumpyouup.com for $34. If you are someone who only needs 1 scoop (and I suspect many of you will be) I say that at about $1/serving it's a very fair price and a great value. However, for me personally, having to do 1.5 scoops cuts the servings down to 20 at $1.70/serving. That's not horrible but it's not great either. At that price point, personally, I'd rather spend a few bucks more and get a truly top tier product like Nutrabio Pre. If the cost dropped I would definitely pick this up again.

Conclusion

I think Kill It is a solid, above average product in the preworkout market. And for many people, I think it will be a home run. Being a little more experienced in the game I wouldn't quite call it a home run for myself. Overall, I've been impressed with both products I have tried from 5%. Usually celebrity product lines suck. 5% seems to be bucking that trend. Since they seem to be building on a solid foundation I will be looking forward to some improved reformulations down the line.

5% if you're listening, here are some suggestions:
-Make your product available to more distributers to drive competition and get the cost down more.
-Either make the creatine a meaningful addition or get rid of completely. If you put more creatine add Betaine as well. They work great together for strength. If you take it out then use that money to add other ingredients such as
-Get more Beta-Alanine and better focus ingredients into your product to improve those areas. I would also love to see some BCAAs, but I wouldn't make that a priority over anything else I mentioned.

That's all folks. Thanks for reading and for a thumbs up if you found this helpful!
  • Blue Raspberry: 8/10

7.1
  August 31, 2015

• Endurance
  • Underdosed
Alrighty then, time to get this typed and posted! This is my final product to review from Rich Piana's 5% Nutrition line; a company that seems like they're on the right track. In true 5% fashion, it came with a ridiculous label, funny name, and lots of hype, but this one really grew on me. I have to say, at first I thought of this product line as another "slap my name on label, let my YouTube followers line my pockets". But, the products have all gotten some great feedback. I'm not gonna drag this one out too much because I'm in a hurry, but this is actually a solid product, and did give a noticeable boost to the gym sessions

PROFILE- 6.5
First I gotta say FINALLY!!!!! We aren't required to get into the ingredient detail now, since it was redundant. Had to get that off my chest! This has a few blends in here, one of which was the Creatine blend with 2 different types. The other blend is the NO/Endurance blend which has all your typical pump products (citrulline, agmatine, etc) and 250mg of caffeine. For the stim-junkies (including me) 250mg doesn't look like a big deal at all. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume they did that on purpose, to give flexibility to us consumers on the dosage. Honestly, I appreciated it, since I could up the scoopage and not worry about caffeine overload! Also in the label was 24mg of sodium nitrate, and raw coconut water concentrate, always a nice inclusion. It mixed pretty well, just some mild graininess and foam, and the blue raspberry flavor was just a tad too-sweet.

EFFECTIVENESS- 7.5
At first, I went into this expecting some crazy energy and to rage like a maniac, and was disappointed. It took about 10-15 minutes to hit, and was a gradual rise in energy and focus. I went to 1.5 scoops and (over time) really enjoyed it; more pump more focus. One time I tried 2 scoops, and felt was just too much caffeine and not enough other benefits to justify the dose. So I stayed at 1.5 scoops throughout the duration. Like I said above, this really grew on me with continued use! My recovery between sets was great, and I had nice "locked in" focus but not "psycho killer" focus, if that makes sense. But oh, the pump I got from this! I loved it, that painful feel after some drop sets! It never lost its magic during the time I used it, which happens a lot for most Preworkouts. It was a clean, consistent energy and focus, every time I used it. All in all, I liked this.

SIDE EFFECTS-8
There's not much bad to write about. I didn't experience any insomnia from this, but I usually don't workout in the late afternoon. When I tried 2 scoops, I experienced some mild shortness of breath, and shaky hands. But I expected that would happen if I ingest 500mg of caffeine! No stomach discomfort from this. Face tingles were mild at most, nothing uncomfortable. The flavor got old after a few weeks, but I wouldn't say that's a major problem.

VALUE-6.5
Average price is 30$ for 30 scoops, right about on the money for industry standard. But I dosed it at 1.5 scoops which might have brought it down a little. Now, maybe it was just me, but I swear there were more than the 30 scoops in this can. I took me longer than expected to finish it.

OVERALL- 7
There's not much more to say, other than if you are on the fence about purchasing this product, just give it a shot. I know the Preworkout field is crowded with some good options, but this one really did deliver solid results. It won't tweek you out like Stimul8, or give you a happy Molly trip like ESP. But you will have some good, focused workouts, and walk out of the gym feeling like you accomplished something. And with a sick pump to show!

August 28, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Great Pump
  • Long Handle Scooper
  • Good Pump
  • Tasted Great
  • Needs More Caffeine
  • Underdosed At 1 Scoop

First off, biggest thank you to SR and 5% Nutrition for allowing me to try this product.
5% Nutrition and Rich Piana all come off as hardcore, so I was highly eager to try this product for a while. Thinking "maybe ill be hardcore too!"

The ingredients used in Kill It are very common. I'm assuming 5% Nutrition were just trying to go with quality trusted ingredients rather than try something new, which can be viewed as both a good and a bad thing.

In one 10.5g scoop you get:
750mg of Agmatine, was nice touch.
3g of Citrulline Malate, to me could have been doubled.
250mgs of Caffeine is about right for your regular non stim junkie.

There are a few other ingredients, such as Magnesium Creatine Chelate which is hidden in the Creatine Blend of 1500mg. As well as Beta- Alanine and a few others hidden in the Endurance Blend of 7450mg.

7/10 (Come on, prop blends should be a thing of the past)

First off the taste! I had Mango Pineapple flavour and it was UHHmazing. But really, it was pretty darn good, I thoroughly enjoyed having it before my workouts. I will certainly miss it!
I had no problems with mixability, few people mentioned granules, I found that the preworkout mixes rather well.
First off, do not have a large meal before using this, it will definitely render this PWO obsolete. On an empty stomach however, this product works very well, but needs to be dosed higher than 1 scoop. I tried 1.25 to 2 scoops and found that 1.5 is really where it performs best, perhaps due to higher Citrulline and Caffeine content.

8.5/10

Alright so Kill It does work! But the product needs to be dosed higher than 1 scoop, if you are not new to the PWO world. In my experience with this product 1.5 scoops about 30-20 min prior to your workout will give you good focus and pump for an hour maybe a bit more. A thing I did note, is that Kill It won't interrupt my sleep schedule even if taken late in the evening. I took 1.5 scoops at 9pm before lifting, got home around 11pm and was able to sleep just fine at 1230. Now, you won't get amazing focus you get with AMP citrate or DMAA, but I was able to focus on my workouts enough to get me through. As far as pump, the synergy of Agmatine and Citrulline does perform especially well. It gives you a very nice dry,vascular pump. I really loved using Kill It on arm day, as I could just feel the skin bursting pump vascular, throughout my arm while curling or pressing.

7.5/10

Ok, this is where the product takes a slight hit for me. Now at $29.95 and 1 scoop per serving it comes out to around $1 a serving. Unfortunately at 1 scoop this PWO is underdosed, so when upgraded to 1.5 scoops per serving the price is also hiked up to $1.50. Sadly, at that price range there are better PWOs out there for your money, just check the Stim PWO chart.

6.5/10

Conclusion

Kill It is a good start PWO for 5% Nutrition, but why stop there? If they take it back to the lab it can be a fantastic PWO! The taste is fantastic and it gives you a great pump, but it does lag in the energy and focus department. For now I would look elsewhere if you're an experienced user.
  • Mango Pineapple: 9/10

August 26, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Tasted Great
  • Proprietary Blend

Claims

1st Class Nitric Oxide Boosters
Top Shelf Creatine Blend

Ingredients

----------
Nothing over the top here. Lots of common but tried and true PWO ingredients we've all seen before. Unfortunately most ingredients are hidden in a prop. blend, but then again, this is nothing new either.

The Nitric Oxide portion of the NO/ENDURANCE BLEND is covered with 3g Tri-Citrulline Malate, 750mg Agmatine, 100mg L-Norvaline with a splash of Niacin to help with that all important workout pump.

The Endurance portion of this blend is taken care of with an undisclosed amount of Creatinol-O-Phosphate and Beta-Alanine to help eliminate the much dreaded lactic acid burn, helping you push harder and longer. Also included in Kill It is a 3 part, 1500mg creatine blend.

Lastly, the much desired Energy and Focus needs are covered with 400mg N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and 250mg of Caffeine.

Taste / Mixing

------
The flavor I received was Mango Pineapple and out of the 4 flavor line-up that 5% Nutrition offers, I found this to be the most pleasant of the 3 I had the pleasure to try. 1 scoop of Kill It mixed very easily in a shaker with cold water and produced very little foam or residual grit. I never tired of this flavor and would gladly choose it again.

-------
While I really enjoyed the taste of this PWO, that is honestly the best thing I can say about it. It's not that it was ineffective. It was just, well. there. I could tell that it was helping in the pump department, but that was about it. I never felt any mentally focused effect and yawning was a very common occurrence while working out in the evenings after work. Things did improve slightly once I increased the recommended single scoop dosage by another half scoop, but at this point the beta-alanine tingles were becoming too harsh to consider a further increase.

-----------

Side Effects

---------
Beta-Alanine tingles can get intense beyond the recommended dosage.

-----------

----------------
At $30 for a 30 serving tub, this PWO falls right in the sweet spot for value at $1 per serving. Unfortunately there are much better pre-workouts on the market for the same price or less.

Final Words

---------
Pending a good sale, this product is well worth trying, but I believe it has the potential to be much more. Value could jump significantly with a slight recipe change and really push this product into a higher level of acceptance for me personally. Honestly if I had never tried LGI's Fully Loaded, this PWO would probably have ranked higher in my book. Unfortunately though, at the end of the day, 5%'s PWO is not bad, but it's also not great. It's just another average PWO destined to be lost in an endless sea of supplement choices.

August 18, 2015

• Proprietary Blend
5% Nutrition is Rich Piana's entry in the supplement industry. He company was very nice to provide the Experts with entire line of supplements. This review is for his pre workout KILL IT. How does it stack up against a very overcrowded market? We will see!

Usage: 1 scoop per session. I am not a huge fan of going extra on preworkout.

Ingredients 8.5: Refer to the ingredient listing as attached to the supplement information. In summary, you are getting some very solid, proven ingredients here including, citrulline malate, agmatine sulfate, creatine magnapower, COP, Beta Alanine, and a energy blend of caffeine and tyrosine. Fairly standard, but here standard is good! These are all blends, but it appears to be effectively dosed! 1 scoop provides 750mg of agmatine, a solid amount!

Mixing 8: Mixed fine, no issues here.

Taste 8.5: Maybe it is just me but all of these pre workouts begin to taste the same. This was blue raspberry, good flavor, with dye though.

Effectiveness 8.75: One of the more effective pre workouts here. From a pump perspective it delivers with multiple pump ingredients assist where some individuals may be unresponsive to single pump products. You get what you pay for here, solid prolonged pumped with the agmatine and citrulline.

From an energy perspective, I have had stronger, but honestly this performs well. As usual the combination of caffeine and tyrosine performs as expected. Nothing new and earth shattering here with the energy, but you really don't expect that. This energy is proven, effective and most of you have used these ingredients.

Value 8.5: $30 dollars for 30 servings very standard pricing here.

Conclusion 8.5: This product definitely gets the Bladeski seal of approval. A solid entry into the market for Rich Piana that utilizes proven ingredients at effective amounts. I recommend everyone to check this out. A solid product.

7.1
  August 15, 2015

• Proprietary Blend

Another 5% Nutrition product that I received through the TROOPer program. This company has been great about getting their products in peoples hands so they can get reviewed. Now on to the review.

This profile is nothing new or special. It has the normal suspects that we tend to see in pres these days...nothing to ground breaking here really. As usual its all listed in a couple of blends but the great thing they do here is give you the exact amount of caffeine in one scoop. If a company is going to use a prop blend at least they should tell you the amount of caffeine so you dont make a mistake that could cause you some real trouble.

Taste was pretty damn good, I had the lemon lime flavor which was good not as good as the All Day You May lemon lime but good non the less. Its a flavor that you dont have to guzzle in a few secinds to keep from hurling, you can def sip on this a bit on your drive to the gym with no problems. Mixability was great had 0 problems here, the few times there was a bit left at the bottom of the shaker a little bit more water took care of that every time. Dosing was very straight forward a scoop 20-30 minutes before a workout. 1 scoop was what I used for the first week or so and it was just so so then I moved it to a scoop and a half and I thought it shined pretty well at this dosing.

Like i said earlier at one scoop for me the effectiveness wasnt all that great, but at 1 1/2 scoops it worked pretty damn well.
Again nothing really special here just a good pre that will give you some good energy for a workout. It wont have you chomping at the bit to workout or have you throwing weights around in a cracked induced energy craze but it will give you the ability to get a good workout in.

This is listed at 29.95 for 30 scoops which is a pretty good value as long as you get the effects you want from that single scoop, but for me I had to use 1 1/2 scoops to get the effects I was looking for from a pre. That of course brings down the value a decent amount but not so much that it kills the products value all together.

Side Effects

0 side effects.

Conclusion

This is a good but not great pre. I def enjoyed my time with it and I would have no problem picking it up again and putting it in my rotation of pres that I use. It would prob never be my go to for a pre but I think overall it a quality product.