All Day You May Reviews

By: 5% Nutrition

Overall
Overall
Thanks to 5% Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 11, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Delays Fatigue
  • Helps DOMS
  • Increased Recovery
  • Helps Hydration
  • Easy To Scoop
  • Dyes
  • A Bit Pricey
I want to sincerely thank the 5% Nutrition team for allowing us TROOPers to test out their products. All Day You May was something different, and it really was a pleasure.

I've attached an image of the profile below. It's a big one, and an impressive one.

This BCAA supplement has a 10:1:1 ratio of Leucine : Isoleucine : Valine. We all know that Leucine is the driver behind Muscle Protein Synthesis and the anabolic trigger, but Isoluecine and Valine are important as well; Isoleucine is used in the Krebs cycle for energy (it's the reason you take creatine) through gluconeogenesis (it basically breaks down the amino acid into glucose). Valine is said to aid muscles, but I've never found a scientific reason as to why. Anyway, this basically has none of Isoleucine and Valine, but if you've eaten within the last 4 hours, this won't matter. If you haven't and are working out fasted, this won't give you much energy. If it does, it's not promoting muscle growth as much and is using the amino acids for energy instead by converting Leucine into glucose.

K enough of that talk. This has 6 grams of its BCAA blend, and with it being a 10:1:1 ratio, that means we have a massive 5 grams of Leucine and 500mg of Isoleucine and Valine. Now, I'm not a fan of 10:1:1 ratios, but this gives you enough Leucine to raise your insulin and make you feel full! That's how you know it's working.

Now, on to the crazy amount of extras they put in here.

Highlights: N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) - 100 - 150mg, Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn) - 500mg, Creatinol-O-Phosphate (CopMax) - 1g, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 100 - 150mg, HICA - ?? probably somewhere around 500mg, Bromelain - less than HICA, MicroDried Blueberry Fruit Powder - less than Bromelain, D-Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium - 300mg or so, MSM - 300mg or less

- NAC in at least 600mg in here would have been amazing. For it to do anything, you need it to be at 600mg for a maintenance number and 2.4g for some liver detoxification and for quickly raising the most powerful and underrated anti-oxidant in your body, Glutathione. So I was really disappointed in how they sprinkled that in here.

- They actually used CarnoSyn here which is impressive. 500mg was enough to give me the tingles after drinking my pre a little while before.

- Creatinol-O-Phosphate (CopMax) has been hypothesized to increase endurance by relaxing your muscles and allowing blood to move freely from and to your heart (as well as other areas). This hasn't been studied in decades, but it's a recent trend, and you know what? I feel the difference when I take it. My endurance is increased slightly or majorly depending on whether I've eaten beforehand. Is 1g enough? No idea, but I think that's the typical bro-science dose that's going around (they've used around 30mg/kg by IV in studies).

- The HICA in here is about where it should be at for it being an additive, and that's impressive, really impressive. It's not even listed on the front as a selling point.

- The rest of the ingredients I listed in the highlights are nice as an enzyme, anti-oxidant, and joint supplements, but they're nothing special (and the joint supps are at too low a dosage) and really didn't do anything for me. They're nice to have, however. So I can appreciate those extra ingredients.

**** I hate the dyes, so in the future, please companies, use something else to naturally dye your products. Be innovative in this area or just make the powder white. I really don't care what color it is if it tastes good. Dyes do us no good and may or may not harm us in the long-run.

Mango Pineapple - taste wasn't great (and this is my favorite flavor), but it wasn't bad either. I'd give it an 8/10.

This did the job of working as a BCAA product should. It made me full when I drank it, and that only happens when a BCAA product contains enough Leucine to do so. This does.

Claims are:

- Recover Faster (I've never had a problem with this, so I can't comment on if I did or not, but with some HICA and enough Leucine, it should be enhancing recovery; the glutamine won't do much unless you are truly deficient in protein)

- Grow Quicker (I guess if your nutrition isn't up to par, then increasing MPS through the amount of Leucine in this will do that)

- Minimize Fatigue (it for sure gave me a boost an energy)

- Repair Joints (not enough of MSM and Glucosamine in here to anywhere near make this claim valid, and it did nothing for my joints)

- Digest Food Better (I doubt the tiny bit of Bromelain would do that for you; it didn't for me. If you have a problem digesting food, you're gonna need much more than that)

- Safeguard Your Liver (they're talking about the NAC here, but the 100-150mg isn't gonna do a damn thing for you as I pointed out earlier)

- Stay Healthy (I'm assuming they're referring to the MicroDried Blueberry Fruit Powder; this will not keep you healthy... Eat right and take care of yourself)

- Immune Strengthening (My guess is they're referring to both the NAC and Blueberry here; again, not enough of either to affect you in any way)

The reason I rated this a 9/10 is because if you took out all of the claims and the fluff, the bottom-line is it's a BCAA product that does what it's supposed to do if you knew only that. It has a great amount of Leucine per serving, and the 10:1:1 ratio worked well for me.

7.8/10

7.8 wtf? I know, I know. I just couldn't rate it an 8. It's a BCAA supplement and really not necessary in anyone's regiment. Take care of yourself; eat right, workout, and sleep well. I honestly only get a BCAA supp if it's around $.5-.7/serv because it's just nice to have on hand if I haven't had anything to eat and don't want anything to bog me down. The price was once expensive, but I can see at IllPumpYouUp, they've not got this for around $1.03/serv + shipping. They're are others out there that are cheaper, but they either don't taste as good or have much less Leucine or both.

At this price, it's actually worth a buy if you're looking for a BCAA supplement and has good value.

Side Effects

Muscles grew too fast. Hahaha just kidddiing. None.

Conclusion

8.5/10

There's a lot of fluff and bad claims due to the underdosing, but you know what, at a decent price, who cares? The bottom line is that this products comes at a good value, has a great 5g of Leucine, and tastes pretty good. It's definitely in my short "would buy" list. Great product 5% Nutrition! I'll be looking out for others under your brand name in the future as well.