(Better than 34% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

360Sport is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by 360Cut. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

June 3, 2014

• BCAA Ratio Not Listed
  • Some Ingredients May Be Underdosed For Larger Users

Claims

-------------------
*Great tasting formula promotes optimal athletic performance.
*All natural MCT oil promotes lean muscle mass production and fat burning.
*Boosts energy, endurance, and muscle recovery.

Ingredients

-------------
One 12.4g serving contains:

5g BCAAs - critical components in muscle recovery, growth, strength and overall athletic performance.

2.5g Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) - a lower calorie fatty acid found to increase calorie burning and help to repair muscle tissue.

1g Citrulline Malate - promotes nitric oxide production, improved blood flow, improved energy and endurance.

Simple math shows that this leaves roughly 4g for the remaining Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Blue #1

Huge respect and love for the (almost) full disclosure. Not sure why the BCAA ratio is not listed, but the industry standard seems to be a 2:1:1 split so I'm guessing that is what's contained within.

Taste / Mixing

-----------
I received the Blue Raspberry flavor and honestly was not overly impressed as I had just come off of another product of the same flavor. However after a couple of days this one really grew on me and I had no problem drinking it until the tub was finished. It mixes very easily and quickly into a lovely blue color. Yes, it does unfortunately contain a very unnecessary "blue #1" dye, however it is not so extreme that it will stain your shaker or your toilet like the commode cleaning Ty-D-Bol Man.

Dosage

-------------------
Directions state to take 1-2 scoops with 8-20oz of water during workout. Individuals over 200lbs may take 2 or more scoops as desired.

My personal average weight hovers around 215lbs so I opted to jump directly into a 2 scoop dose rate. Also since I am a huge believer in the benefits of Leucine, and as its quantity was not listed on the label, I added 5g of Leucine as well. Feeling a little low in the energy and pump department I also felt the need for additional Citrulline Malate, and cuz I have a big tub of it on hand, I also tossed an additional 5g of that into the mix as well. Lastly, because Lava reminded me in one of his reviews as to the benefits of LCLT, I tossed 2g of that in for good measure too. ;)

--------------------
For someone over 200lbs this product goes rather quick at 2 scoops per workout. The tub states that it contains 31 single scoop servings so that works out to 15-16 workouts worth of product. If you workout 6 days a week like I do, this stuff is gone in under 3 weeks. Cheapest I could find this product at the time of this writing was $33. That makes each 2 scoop workout over $2. Not a good value in my book.

------------
360CUT's first listed and highlighted claim on the label is that this product is a "great tasting" formula. At first glance this may appear to be a good thing, but for $2 a workout, it really needs to be effective first and foremost, not taste great. The only thing that needs to taste great is Tony the Tiger's Corn Flakes as that cereal brings nothing else to the table other than a cheap and boring breakfast.

360CUT's second listed and highlighted claim is "all natural" and refers to the MCT oil contained within. These MCT's claim to promote muscle building and fat burning. At 5g per workout, I can neither confirm nor deny that this occurred on a miniscule level within my system over the 2.5 weeks I was using this product.

360CUT's third and final highlighted claim is "Boosts" energy, endurance, and muscle recovery. Honestly this is where this product shined the most for me (though hit and miss) and should be listed first on label. I can say with confidence that I received additional energy from 360Sport to help me through my longer workouts. For example I was able to perform 225x103 deadlift reps in 10 minutes and still had the energy to finish my normal back and biceps routine which is normally a 100-120 minute workout.

Unfortunately the recovery was just not there for me. I experienced some of the worst DOMS of my life while using this product. To be fair I had just come off of a very effective transdermal AI that really put the hurt on my system. Perhaps my situation at that time was just too much for this product to overcome, but at the same time, it was a perfect test against the recovery claims listed.

Final Words

-------------
It is very disappointing that the best thing about this product is the taste as I'm quite sure that 360CUT did not design this product to be an overpriced Kool-aid. Then again, "Great Taste" is the first thing listed on their label......

In all respectfulness, 360CUT is a great company with a strong moto. "Powered By Passion. Fueled By Science." They are passionate about performance and what they strive to do with their entire product line is very commendable and appreciated by most. There is no arguing that the science behind the main ingredients in 360Sport is well established, but at the end of the day this product for me personally was just a great base with which to add what components it was missing. Again, much respect to 360CUT for not hiding behind a proprietary blend, but this product is just too expensive for what it gave me in return.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

October 19, 2013

• No Words Can Properly Describe How Great This Tasted
  • A Bit Pricey
It's about that time again, ladies and gentlemen! Brotein is here to roll out another review for you all and this time it's on 360Cut and their BCAA product, 360Sport. Let's take a look at what we have here:

Profile: (9/10)

Clean and simple profile on 360Sport.

5g combo of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine

2.5g of Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT)

1g of Citrulline Malate

What kind of BCAA product would it be without the BCAAs, of course? BCAAs are important contributors to muscle growth, strength, and recovery. The ratio isn't disclosed and that's really my only gripe with the profile.

MCTs are touted by 360Cut themselves as being "a lower calorie fatty acid which has been found to increase the body's calorie burning potential while helping improve the body's ability to repair muscle tissue after a grueling workout".

Rounding out the profile is Citrulline Malate, which, as most of us know, has been linked to an increase in nitric oxide production and, in turn, increased blood flow.

Effectiveness: (8/10)

This did exactly what I expected it to do in that it kept me fairly hydrated while providing a bit of a boost in endurance whenever I used it as an intra, and lending a slight boost in recovery when mixed with a protein shake post workout all while tasting like the nectar of the gods.

I can't speak to the efficacy of the MCT oil as a calorie burning agent as that would be a hard thing to pinpoint, but I will say I feel that it does contribute something in that it allowed me to to have a constant stream of healthy fat to burn as fuel during my workouts.

I'm not expecting anything extraordinary out of BCAAs these days, so if they surpass my expectations, then that's great and my ratings will reflect that. If not, then that's okay as well and I feel an 8 is a fair enough rating for a solid yet not spectacular product.

Value: (7/10)

I feel as if this could be more competitively priced. Grabbed this off of Sizeup for $32.99, and that's about as low as I've seen it so far. For 31 1-scoop servings, we're already talking about over $1 per scoop and going any higher than that obviously doesn't make for a bargain.

On any given day I was using 1 to 1.5 scoops, which brings us to a price of $1.06 for 1 scoop and $1.59 for 1.5 scoops. $1.59 is a tough pill to swallow.

If this dropped to around $25-28 dollars or they released a larger tub with more servings, then we're approaching good value territory.

Until then, it's not something I would consider a staple as there are other products similar to this with a cheaper price tag.

Taste/Mixability: (10/10)

The first 10 I've ever given out is for a category that won't affect the official ratings, but one that should always matter for an intra-style product.

Man, was this stuff absolutely awesome. The MCT oil gave it a creamy taste that along with the blue raspberry was outstanding. Did I mention that this tasted like the nectar of the gods? If not, then there you have it.

As the title stated, if you're not convinced on trying this for the performance aspects, then get it just to treat yourself because it tastes that damn good.

No problems with mixability whatsoever either, so this was a winner in that category.

Overall: (8/10)

As a whole, I really enjoyed my run with 360Sport. A bit disappointed that I ran out of it, actually. I wish it would have lasted forever. Great taste, solid ingredients, and increased endurance but it all adds up to a price tag that I feel it just a bit too high.

I would definitely recommend this and plan on purchasing again, but just from time to time and not as a staple until the price hopefully comes down a bit.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

July 6, 2013

• Preserves Muscle
  • A Bit Pricey
Huge thanks to 360cut and there reps here on Sr.
Thanks for letting me try this.

This is one of my favorite Bcaa so far I have tried.
Great taste mixes very easy and simple but effective formula.

Ingredients 8.5
I am not one to go on and on about what each thing does as there are others on here that like to break things down further, also below my review lava pretty much covered everything anyway.
5 grams of Bcaa per serving.
BCAAs (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine) 5000mg
The building blocks of protein and critical components in muscle recovery, growth, strength and overall athletic performance. They provide a readily available fuel source for muscles leading to greater endurance and improved mental focus.

L-Citrulline Malate 1000mg
For some added pump and blood flow

MCT Oil 2500mg
a lower calorie fatty acid, has been found to increase the body's calorie burning potential while helping improve the body's ability to repair muscle tissue after a grueling workout

Mixability 10
Awesome job guys! This one does better than any other I have used. No floater, just a bit of foam but that fades fast. It stays mixed too. You never have to keep shaking it up.

Taste 9.5
I am not much on lue raspberry but this one was awesome. When you get the water to mix ratio right its really refreshing to sip on. I loved this at work during the hot days here.

Effectiveness 9
I think I can say with confidence that this stuff really helped me with my workouts and just feel better during the day. It always seemed to help perk me up so to speak.
I also seemed to be able to push a little harder at the gym with fewer rests when I had sipped this all day.

Also I was messing with the IF dieting while on this too. And I have to say I do think this helped when I took this in the mornings instead of eating food. Once I got used to this I was able to really start to see the stomach come off. Now I do not think it was just this alone that done that But I feel it should have some credit.

Also I was able to stay at basically my weight of 255- 260 while losing almost 2 inch on waist and still make gains in the gym. So I feel that this played a role in that too.

Value 7-8.5
On their website they have this for 59.00 That is a bit steep, but they also run a promo that will bring the price down by adding something else to the cart. Something lava pointed out. I will say this says 30 servings but it seemed to last forever!. I mean dang I used this constantly and it just keep coming out of the tub. I have not seen this on lockout or anywhere else yet but I did not look real hard either. I am sure they will have better deals out soon.

Overall 9
I loved this product. I know it does not have every compound known to man in it but it does not need it either. I think sometimes we over do things to much on some of the ingredients in some products.
I feel this products and did help with several things over the use of it. I will get this again .

June 12, 2013

• A Bit Pricey
First of thanks to 360Cut for the opportunity to log and review this great product. I was selected to use the BCAA Sport Formula and put it to the test to see if it boosted my energy during rigorous workouts and reduced soreness. This product is geared to boost athletic performance and help with recovery. I took 1-2 scoops mixed with a pre-workout before Crossfit style workouts. After using it I realized that it was a great product but could be better, as I will get into further.

Ingredients: 8
The ingredients in this product are pretty simple. It has the BCAA Complex of 5000mg of L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine. Also 2500mg of MCT'S and 1000mg of L-Citruline Malate. I like that it has the MCT's included which are the Medium Chain Triglycerides that are burned directly for energy during physical activity. Overall I liked the simple but effective ingredients. If it is a sport formula maybe they could add some caffeine to give even more energy burst. That might take it into a pre-workout category and not BCAA formula but that would make it better.

Dosing: 10
1-2 scoops during workout or sipped throughout the day. I drank my 1-1.5 scoops with a pre-workout before my workouts.

Taste: 10
Blue raspberry tasted great and even a bit sour which I like. I mixed it with C4 and it still tasted good.

Value: 6
This product only looks to be available on their website. Using their buy one get one 50% off discount, I found this product, a t-shirt and a shaker for 35$. That's not too terrible of a deal. For 35$ you get 31 scoops, which is over a dollar a scoop, and some people would be using 2+ scoops a day. I would like to see a larger container with more servings because this realistically only lasted me 15-18 days. They are looking to expand to other online retailers soon which should lead to a cheaper price.

Overall: 8
I loved using this product before my Crossfit workouts. I was doing a very large workload day in and day out and this product seemed to boost my energy and recovery. Since I ran out, I seem to be feeling noticeable more sore when I wake up. The energy provided by this product was helpful and I loved adding the BCAAs and MCT'S to C4.

This product is something great for athletes as it does not string you out on caffeine but rather provides a different sort of energy burst. I took this product during a long Crossfit competition and it kept me energetic and feeling fresh. If I played a sport like Basketball or Football I might look into this product to help me out.

The only negative would be how this product does not last very long. Taking 1-2 scoops a day would mean this product would only last 15-30 days. I would prefer an amino supplement that I can buy 60-90 servings and have it last me a few months.

Overall I liked this product but it was not cost effective as it only lasted me a little over two weeks. I enjoyed logging this product but I would not purchase it again unless it was cheaper than 35$ (59.99 was the retail price on the site).

May 20, 2013

• Preserves Muscle
  • A Bit Pricey
A little tribute to the Bladeski in my title. 360Cut comes through with another quality offering, this one a bcaa+mct product that is perfect for longer endurance training or athletic events.

Formula: 8.5/10
It's a simple formula with 5g of bcaa's ('m assuming 2:1:1), 2.5g of medium chain triglycerides and 1g of citrulline malate. Basically energy+aminos+a little NO pump which provides a solid combo for fueling your body during bouts of high intensity. Personally I think the addition of the MCTs is a smart play for 360Cut as it gives a bit of energy beyond your normal BCAA formula and we all like to "feel" something working.

I'm not a huge fan of all these super-duper, everything but the kitchen sink formulas so this gets high marks for simple ingredients in efficacious doses.

Taste & Mixing: 9/10
I actually love the taste of this. The powdered MCTs lends a kind of milky color and flavor to the already lighter blue raspberry flavor. (At least I think its raspberry - I don't have the container in front of me at the moment but it is blue, lol). Mixed completely with minimal shaking and no residue left behind. In any case, don't get freaked out if it looks more like blue whey than blue Gatorade. And unlike many other blue raspberry products, its not over-powering and sickly-sweet. Just right and quite refreshing to sip on.

Effectiveness: 9.25/10
Instead of an intra, I used this during the day at work, which is 11 hours of HIIL (High Intensity Interval Landscaping) (Yes, I just made that up)This gave me great muscle endurance; nothing like stim-based energy which inevitably leads to a crash when I take it during the day. I would use 1 scoop in the middle of the morning and 1 mid-afternoon and never felt the need to use 2 scoops in any single serving.

I can't comment on the claims of being an effective fat loss aid(based on the presence of MCTs) since I only ran 1 tub. However, the science behind MCTs is sound and I've used them in the past with success. I will say that I was slightly below maintenance for my macros and I continued to drop BF with no loss in muscle. So as a component in an overall diet and training protocol, it worked very well. However, if you wanted to go strictly keto, you'd need greater doses of MCTs than this provides on its own.

As with all 360Cut products the single unit price is a bit insane at $59.99, however, they have a buy one, get everything else at 50% off discount so all you have to do is add something as simple as a shaker bottle in your cart first and the price drops to roughly $29.99. At that price, one tub gives you 31 servings at less than a dollar per serving. Some of you may take issue with me using the discount price in my value formula, but its just not feasible to consider this any other way. Yes, it's still a touch higher than most BCAA products out there, but well worth it when you take into account how well it performed.

This is a great product with one caveat - if you are looking for an intra to use during normal training sessions, go with the 360Intra. However, if you need something to put in your shaker to help propel you through extended bouts of intense activity, then this works like a charm. You can argue over whether BCAAs are beneficial, but if you believe they are (like I do) then this is worth checking out.

360Cut is a totally legit company and I can not recommend them any more highly; all the products that I've been fortunate to try so far have been top-notch. The bottom line is that I will spend my own money on this. Nuff said.