Home > Categories > Protein > Protein Bars > Worldwide > Pure Protein Bars

Worldwide Pure Protein Bars

Pure Protein Bars Worldwide
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (16 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for Pure Protein Bars (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
21.99 Buy Pure Protein Bars $5.95 flat shipping rate Buy Pure Protein Bars
35.65 Buy Pure Protein Bars Thousands of Supplements! Buy Pure Protein Bars
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum 100% Whey Reviews
100% Whey (375 Reviews)
9.2
BSN Syntha-6 Reviews
Syntha-6 (167 Reviews)
Supreme Protein Carb Conscious Reviews
Carb Conscious (13 Reviews)
9.1

Products in the same category:

Met-Rx Big 100 Colossal Reviews
Big 100 Colossal (28 Reviews)
Quest Protein Bars Reviews
Protein Bars (22 Reviews)
Promax Promax Bars Reviews
Promax Bars (16 Reviews)
8.9
VPX Zero Impact Bars Reviews
Zero Impact Bars (14 Reviews)

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Pure Protein Bars Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Pure Protein Bars Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Value (11)
    • Satisfied Hunger (9)
    • Low Sugar (7)
    • Very High In Protein (5)
    • Way Too Chewy (3)
    • Chalky Taste/texture (3)
    • Bad Taste (2)
    • Small (2)
    April 10, 2009

Raptorbh12

Reviews: 62

Age: 23

April 10, 2009
     If you have ever tried low carb/sugar protein bars then you would understand my high rating for this product. for 200 calories you get 20g protein in a bar i prefer over snickers. The taste is phenomenal and they can be eaten without the need for water. I reccomend smores or chocolate chip cookie flavors.
    February 2, 2012

kbava

Reviews: 4

Age: 18

February 2, 2012
     ok well the reg. pure protien bars are ok... more like a candy bar if you ask me... its good for filling you up but it isnt my go to bar :/
    i tried eating these for breakfast for a few weeks and the only thing i got was a bloated feeling and a sick to my tummy feeling :(
    the fruit ones are sooo NASTY i am a fruit adict if it comes in fruit flavors i usually love it but with their fruit covered bars its like a nasty fruit gell granola bar in my mouth...(to many diffrent textures going on at one time for me)
    i'll get this bar only if the ones i like arent there, but like i said it isnt my go to bar.

but like i say with any one get one and try it... its only like 1.49 for a bar... there is nothing to lose if you dont like it. everyone is different and likes and reacts to different things!

good luck
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Satisfied Hunger
    • Bloating
    • Chalky Taste/texture
    • To Much Sugar
    September 8, 2011

Killercox

Reviews: 16

Age: 25

September 8, 2011
     This is for the S'mores flavor bar

Ingredients: Marshmallow cream--Chocolate coating--blah blah blah Soy Lecithin- blah blah Whey Protein

I'm not a fan of anything soy, it has been shown to do more harm to the male body then any good and try to stay completly awayfrom it. Protein is so far down the list its like they made a candy bar and said HEY lets throw some whey in there and charge $3 bucks for it! Not impressed with the Ingredients

Nutrition Facts.
    I focuse on Protein-Carbs-Fat daily so...

Protein 30g ( how much of that is soy? )
    Carbs 31g
    Fat 8g
    ( sugar 21g )

Being that I use these while working construction I'm ok with the carbs but wish there was 10-15g more Whey Protein and sugar is a little high. Bulking cycle this would be ok.

TASTE 9: Not going to lie this bar is really really good. But like the Ingredients show, lots of sugar to cover it all up.

Value 5 Because these go for $3.25 here in cali that is WAY to high for a small 30g of protein but I get them on clearance only and pay .70 cents so thats about in line with a regular protein serving cost.

Overall I do not like soy in my product and will most likely look for a differant bar even those this one is like a candy bar I want to stay a little cleaner then what this bar offers. If your not afraid of soy and on a bulking cycle this is a good pick me up or an on the run need a fix of protein.

thoughts? Questions?
    Cons:
    • Taste
    • Decent Taste
    • To Much Sugar
    • Price
    • Small
    • Artificial Ingredients
    July 12, 2011

Reviews: 151

Age: 32

July 12, 2011
     hey everyone another protein bar review. i normally get protein bars as a meal replacement or as a just in case im in a hurry and a shake blend is not feasible. I chose this one because the profile looked ok and the fruit topping looked good.

taste=7 the first couple of bars i had i loved. but once you got halfway through the box the taste got stale really quick, to the point where it was rough for me to finish the box. i got the blueberry crumb flavor.

Profile=8 300cals which is around average, but 90cals from fat is a little high. the salt is low but the sugar alchols is 15g??? 28g of protein is a hair low from the standard 30g. they use milk, whey, and soy proteins but there all isolates. also the mineral content is above average.

price=8 pretty standard. 22 dollars for a box at target.

effectiveness=8 its a meal replacement bar for me and it gets the job done. i like the fact that it has a yogurt covering over the standard chocolate one so it wont melt under normal heat. a nice touch is the fruit topping is made from real fruit puree.

overall i would recommend this but maybe not a whole box. the taste for me got old really fast. I did chose this over ON's whey crisp which im going to get next.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Satisfied Hunger
    • Lots Of Vitamins/minerals
    Reply #1:
    jmlstocks
    jmlstocks

Joined: 7/2010
    Reviews: 46
    Reputation: +2497
    Nice review Rico, these are probably my second favorite behind the Dymatize bars.

Reply #2:

Joined: 6/2010
    Reviews: 151
    Reputation: +694
    thanks, the dymatize bars are good. the worst i have ever had was the detour lean muscle bars.

July 5, 2011

meangreene69

Reviews: 5

Age: 42

July 5, 2011
     I had a coupon so I figured I would try the Pure Protein "Chocolate Deluxe" protein bars, so here is my review.

The bar itself looks and smells really good, but sometimes looks can be deceiving. The bar was downright chalky and not very good in the taste department. I had to drink quite a bit of water to help with the chewiness of the bar, so it didin't get high marks in my book for taste/texture.

The ingredients aren't too bad, but I am not to keen on the sugar alcohols they have in the ingredient profile, although the sugar content is very low at 6g/bar. It is loaded with tons of vitamins/minerals which may be the reason behind the chalky taste, but I can't guarantee that's the source. So as far as vitamins/minerals/ingredients in the bar itself, I give it decent marks. But again, not too keen on the sugar alcohols.

The regular cost of the bars at my grocery store are $1.50 each, and with my coupon I got them for a buck a piece. Thus the value got high marks as well.

Overall the Pure Protein Bars are not in my top 5 bars at all. But if you are on a budget and can stomach a chewy, chalky protein bar, then these are for you. I would rather have a nice Met RX or Clif Builder's bar instead. Sorry Worldwide but this product needs improvement.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Low Sugar
    • Lots Of Vitamins/minerals
    April 9, 2011

Tugg

Reviews: 2

Age: 41

April 9, 2011
     Pretty good protein bars for the price. I've had 3 or 4 flavors, chocolate, peanut butter, forget what else. The taste is actually pretty decent, and like has been said before, pop 'em in the microwave for 10-20 seconds and they're even better! Nice and chewy :) They get the job done in curbing the appetite, as well. I have one at first break at work sometimes and it tides me over until lunch. They do have a bit of a milky aftertaste however, but nothing a big drink of water won't get rid of. Easy to find since Wal-Mart carries 'em, too, and at a decent price. They've got a good protein profile, especially when you consider the price compared to some of the very expensive bars out there (I'm not the kind of guy that's gonna pay upwards of $3 for a hyped up candy bar lol!) Overall, good bars and well worth the money.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Satisfied Hunger
    • Milky Aftertaste

Age: 53

January 5, 2011
     These bars certainly don't taste like candy bars but they do the trick. The Pure Chocolate flavor provides 20 grams of protein for 180 calories which is a good deal compared to other bars. The price is right too... $6.88 for six bars at my local Walmart. They aren't organic and don't claim to be, but if you need cheap, edible protein on the run they work!
      Reply #1:

Joined: 1/2011
      Reputation: +5
      I should have said "Chocolate Deluxe" flavor...

Reply #2:
      bigworm89
      bigworm89

Joined: 1/2010
      Reviews: 33
      Reputation: +2067
      Try putting them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. It makes them taste awesome.

Reply #3:

Joined: 4/2010
      Reviews: 9
      Reputation: +19
      Good review, quick and simple.

Reply #4:

Joined: 1/2011
      Reputation: +5
      You're right. Slight nuking does improve the taste!

Reviews: 9

Age: 30

January 5, 2011
       Another protein bar review. I tend to use these whenever I travel cross country and they come in handy. In contrast to the Clif Builder's Bar these have nothing organic about them and tend to focus on being lower in calories in carbs for people more concious about their physique. I broke up the review into categories.

Taste: The taste is OK, they aren't the best tasting bars around, but I think the lower calories are worth it. These things are extremely chewy and are hard to get down which is a pain. They stick to your mouth and you end up having to use your tounge to scrape off all the sticky chunks of the bar off your teeth and gums which is incredibly annoying, more so then you might think. IMO though Im glad they dont taste too good because I would be tempted to eat more then I need which is a problem I face with other protein bars.

Ingredients: Im just going to let everyone know now that these are the farthest thing from organic, theres a laundy list of artificial ingredients in these so keep this in mind. The bars are sweetened with sOrbitol which is used in gum so expect a little bloating with these. If you eat one bar at each meal then the bloating is nothing to worry about and in fact it helps fill you up, eat more then one and you probably will get a reasonable bloat for a little while which we all know is uncomfortable. There is very little sugar in these which is a plus, but in sugar's place are sugar alchohals. There is also 16g of carbs which I assume are simple. Overall the artificial ingredients equal less calories.

Value: These things are quite cheap and effective. Low in calories(180) for a protein bar and have around 17g-19g of protein in them I cant remember exactly how much but its in the high teens. These are a decent meal replacement if you cant fit in a real meal, but you will probably need 2 or 3 of these to satisfy your hunger and protein needs if your bodyweight is moderately high or even average for an adult.

Bottomline: I think these are ok, but my stance on protein bars is that you should only use them as craving curvers or last-resort meal replacements. This isnt the best bar around in terms of purity, meaning it still has 16g of simple carbs and a decent dose of protein, but it comes close in my book and you can find these at at any supermarket(Walmart, Target, etc..) for a fairly cheap price. I would recommend these as a low calorie protein alternative for someone who is travelling, definately not as a craving curver though(Builders Bar wins that) as the taste isn't too special. If your stingy about your food being organic then stay away from these as these are not the slightest bit natural. They arent trying to be, they aim for the artificial low calorie approach. People concious about their calorie intake should check these out and give them a try. This is just what my experience was like, yours might be different.

P.S: This review is in regards to the small versions of the bar you get in a box. Im aware there is a larger version of these bars becuase I've tried them. Their the same, but just bigger with more protein, carbs, etc..
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Decent Amount Of Protein
      • Decent Taste
      • Satisfied Hunger
      • Small
      • Bloating
      • Artificial Ingredients
      December 13, 2010

Ruben19

Reviews: 6

Age: 24

December 13, 2010
       I buy the 6 pack for $6 at the local walmart. The bars are kinda small and chewy. They taste ok but not my favorite. I rather go with Cliff body builder bars instead. I've tried all the flavors and i don't have a favorite.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Satisfied Hunger
        November 17, 2010

Falcon89

Reviews: 8

Age: 21

November 17, 2010
         These bars are great, 20g of protein, and sometimes they go on sale for a buck at fresh n easy. There's about 16g of carbs, and only 2g of sugar(though it does contain sugar alcohols), and does taste ok... ill be sure to try microwaving them. Good to eat in between meals, or 45 min before or after a workout, and a nice appetite satisfying snack.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Satisfied Hunger
        • Very High In Protein

Have you used Pure Protein Bars? Submit your own Review!