Pure Protein Bars

By: Worldwide

Pure Protein Bars is a Protein Bar manufactured by Worldwide. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

Does Pure Protein Bars work?
bignastyrico
  July 12, 2011

hey everyone another protein bar review. i normally get protein bars as a meal replacement or as a just in case im in a hurry and a shake blend is not feasible. I chose this one because the profile looked ok and the fruit topping looked good.

taste=7 the first couple of bars i had i loved. but once you got halfway through the box the taste got stale really quick, to the point where it was rough for me to finish the box. i got the blueberry crumb flavor.

Profile=8 300cals which is around average, but 90cals from fat is a little high. the salt is low but the sugar alchols is 15g??? 28g of protein is a hair low from the standard 30g. they use milk, whey, and soy proteins but there all isolates. also the mineral content is above average.

price=8 pretty standard. 22 dollars for a box at target.

effectiveness=8 its a meal replacement bar for me and it gets the job done. i like the fact that it has a yogurt covering over the standard chocolate one so it wont melt under normal heat. a nice touch is the fruit topping is made from real fruit puree.

overall i would recommend this but maybe not a whole box. the taste for me got old really fast. I did chose this over ON's whey crisp which im going to get next.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Satisfied Hunger
  • Decent Amount Of Protein
  • Lots Of Vitamins/minerals
  • Way Too Chewy
  • Chalky Taste/texture

• jmlstocks
    July 12, 2011

Nice review Rico, these are probably my second favorite behind the Dymatize bars.
  • bignastyrico
    July 12, 2011

Thanks, the dymatize bars are good. the worst i have ever had was the detour lean muscle bars.

ok well the reg. pure protien bars are ok... more like a candy bar if you ask me... its good for filling you up but it isnt my go to bar :/
i tried eating these for breakfast for a few weeks and the only thing i got was a bloated feeling and a sick to my tummy feeling :(
the fruit ones are sooo NASTY i am a fruit adict if it comes in fruit flavors i usually love it but with their fruit covered bars its like a nasty fruit gell granola bar in my mouth...(to many diffrent textures going on at one time for me)
i'll get this bar only if the ones i like arent there, but like...
i'll get this bar only if the ones i like arent there, but like i said it isnt my go to bar.

but like i say with any one get one and try it... its only like 1.49 for a bar... there is nothing to lose if you dont like it. everyone is different and likes and reacts to different things!

good luck
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Satisfied Hunger
  • Bloating
  • Chalky Taste/texture
  • To Much Sugar

Another protein bar review. I tend to use these whenever I travel cross country and they come in handy. In contrast to the Clif Builder's Bar these have nothing organic about them and tend to focus on being lower in calories in carbs for people more concious about their physique. I broke up the review into categories.

Taste: The taste is OK, they aren't the best tasting bars around, but I think the lower calories are worth it. These things are extremely chewy and are hard to get down which is a pain. They stick to your mouth and you end up having to use your tounge to scrape off all the sticky chunks of the bar off your teeth and gums which is incredibly annoying, more so then you might think. IMO though Im glad they dont taste too good because I would be tempted to eat more then I need which is a problem I face with other protein bars.

Ingredients: Im just going to let everyone know now that these are the farthest thing from organic, theres a laundy list of artificial ingredients in these so keep this in mind. The bars are sweetened with sOrbitol which is used in gum so expect a little bloating with these. If you eat one bar at each meal then the bloating is nothing to worry about and in fact it helps fill you up, eat more then one and you probably will get a reasonable bloat for a little while which we all know is uncomfortable. There is very little sugar in these which is a plus, but in sugar's place are sugar alchohals. There is also 16g of carbs which I assume are simple. Overall the artificial ingredients equal less calories.

Value: These things are quite cheap and effective. Low in calories(180) for a protein bar and have around 17g-19g of protein in them I cant remember exactly how much but its in the high teens. These are a decent meal replacement if you cant fit in a real meal, but you will probably need 2 or 3 of these to satisfy your hunger and protein needs if your bodyweight is moderately high or even average for an adult.

Bottomline: I think these are ok, but my stance on protein bars is that you should only use them as craving curvers or last-resort meal replacements. This isnt the best bar around in terms of purity, meaning it still has 16g of simple carbs and a decent dose of protein, but it comes close in my book and you can find these at at any supermarket(Walmart, Target, etc..) for a fairly cheap price. I would recommend these as a low calorie protein alternative for someone who is travelling, definately not as a craving curver though(Builders Bar wins that) as the taste isn't too special. If your stingy about your food being organic then stay away from these as these are not the slightest bit natural. They arent trying to be, they aim for the artificial low calorie approach. People concious about their calorie intake should check these out and give them a try. This is just what my experience was like, yours might be different.

P.S: This review is in regards to the small versions of the bar you get in a box. Im aware there is a larger version of these bars becuase I've tried them. Their the same, but just bigger with more protein, carbs, etc..
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Satisfied Hunger
  • Decent Amount Of Protein
  • Decent Taste
  • Way Too Chewy
  • Small
  • Bloating
  • Artificial Ingredients

This is another great brand of protein bars. The taste of these is pretty good and they don't leave a bad after taste in your mouth like some protein bars have done. The energy I got off these was good. I like the high amounts of protein they put in these. It felt like it gave me really good recovery. I like it when they keep the amount of sugar low. Too much sugar in protein bars I think is what gives me upset stomach. Great value for what you get in these protein bars.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Satisfied Hunger
  • Very High In Protein

Overall, I honestly do give this bar 10s across the board. I get the variety with a whopping 32g of protein and I have yet to try a "flavor" that isn't good. Of the three protein bars I consume regularly, this bar is the least tasty, but don't let that fool you, they're still very good. And considering the amount of protein you get per bar as well as the rest of the nutritional info, I consider it the best bar on the market. The variety with 32g of protein has 310 calories, 70 calories from fat...that's 23% of the calories from fat. For essentially a candy bar, that's fantastic. Couple that with the fact that it only has 4g of sugar (with 10g of sugar alcohol) and again, you'll see why I give it 10s across the board. Although I eat 3 different protein bars, if I had to supplement my diet with only one bar, this would be it. It's also the best value of all the protein bars I eat (and I think the best value of all the bars on the market). Bottom line, it's the best protein bar you can buy IMHO!
  • Very High In Protein

• bigworm89
    May 17, 2010

Try putting them in the microwave for 25-35 seconds. It makes them so much better.
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.