Pure Protein Bars

By Worldwide
Pure Protein Bars Worldwide
8.0/10
(Weighted average based on 16 Reviews)

Ranks #10 of 36 (better than 74%)
in Protein > Protein Bars
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

its a meal replacement bar for me and it gets the job done

hey everyone another protein bar review. i normally get protein bars as a meal replacement or as a just in case im in a hurry and a shake blend is not feasible. I chose this one because the profile looked ok and the fruit topping looked good.

taste=7 the first couple of bars i had i loved. but once you got halfway through the box the taste got stale really quick, to the point where it was rough for me to finish the box. i got the blueberry crumb flavor.

Profile=8 300cals which is around average, but 90cals from fat is a little high. the salt is low but the sugar alchols is 15g??? 28g of protein is a hair low from the standard 30g. they use milk, whey, and soy proteins but there all isolates. also the mineral content is above average.

price=8 pretty standard. 22 dollars for a box at target.

effectiveness=8 its a meal replacement bar for me and it gets the job done. i like the fact that it has a yogurt covering over the standard chocolate one so it wont melt under normal heat. a nice touch is the fruit topping is made from real fruit puree.

overall i would recommend this but maybe not a whole box. the taste for me got old really fast. I did chose this over ON's whey crisp which im going to get next.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Satisfied Hunger
  • Lots Of Vitamins/minerals

jmlstocks

Posted July 12, 2011
Nice review Rico, these are probably my second favorite behind the Dymatize bars.

Posted July 12, 2011
thanks, the dymatize bars are good. the worst i have ever had was the detour lean muscle bars.

kbava

i'll get this bar only if the ones i like arent there

ok well the reg. pure protien bars are ok... more like a candy bar if you ask me... its good for filling you up but it isnt my go to bar :/
i tried eating these for breakfast for a few weeks and the only thing i got was a bloated feeling and a sick to my tummy feeling :(
the fruit ones...
the fruit ones are sooo NASTY i am a fruit adict if it comes in fruit flavors i usually love it but with their fruit covered bars its like a nasty fruit gell granola bar in my mouth...(to many diffrent textures going on at one time for me)
i'll get this bar only if the ones i like arent there, but like i said it isnt my go to bar.

but like i say with any one get one and try it... its only like 1.49 for a bar... there is nothing to lose if you dont like it. everyone is different and likes and reacts to different things!

good luck

Pros:
Cons:
  • Satisfied Hunger
  • Bloating
  • Chalky Taste/texture
  • To Much Sugar

This isnt the best bar around in terms of purity

Another protein bar review. I tend to use these whenever I travel cross country and they come in handy. In contrast to the Clif Builder's Bar these have nothing organic about them and tend to focus on being lower in calories in carbs for people more concious about their physique. I broke up the review into categories.

Taste: The taste is OK, they aren't the best tasting bars around, but I think the lower calories are worth it. These things are extremely chewy and are hard to get down which is a pain. They stick to your mouth and you end up having to use your tounge to scrape off all the sticky chunks of the bar off your teeth and gums which is incredibly annoying, more so then you might think. IMO though Im glad they dont taste too good because I would be tempted to eat more then I need which is a problem I face with other protein bars.

Ingredients: Im just going to let everyone know now that these are the farthest thing from organic, theres a laundy list of artificial ingredients in these so keep this in mind. The bars are sweetened with sOrbitol which is used in gum so expect a little bloating with these. If you eat one bar at each meal then the bloating is nothing to worry about and in fact it helps fill you up, eat more then one and you probably will get a reasonable bloat for a little while which we all know is uncomfortable. There is very little sugar in these which is a plus, but in sugar's place are sugar alchohals. There is also 16g of carbs which I assume are simple. Overall the artificial ingredients equal less calories.

Value: These things are quite cheap and effective. Low in calories(180) for a protein bar and have around 17g-19g of protein in them I cant remember exactly how much but its in the high teens. These are a decent meal replacement if you cant fit in a real meal, but you will probably need 2 or 3 of these to satisfy your hunger and protein needs if your bodyweight is moderately high or even average for an adult.

Bottomline: I think these are ok, but my stance on protein bars is that you should only use them as craving curvers or last-resort meal replacements. This isnt the best bar around in terms of purity, meaning it still has 16g of simple carbs and a decent dose of protein, but it comes close in my book and you can find these at at any supermarket(Walmart, Target, etc..) for a fairly cheap price. I would recommend these as a low calorie protein alternative for someone who is travelling, definately not as a craving curver though(Builders Bar wins that) as the taste isn't too special. If your stingy about your food being organic then stay away from these as these are not the slightest bit natural. They arent trying to be, they aim for the artificial low calorie approach. People concious about their calorie intake should check these out and give them a try. This is just what my experience was like, yours might be different.

P.S: This review is in regards to the small versions of the bar you get in a box. Im aware there is a larger version of these bars becuase I've tried them. Their the same, but just bigger with more protein, carbs, etc..

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Amount Of Protein
  • Decent Taste
  • Satisfied Hunger
  • Small
  • Bloating
  • Artificial Ingredients

workoutguru

This is another great brand of protein bars

This is another great brand of protein bars. The taste of these is pretty good and they don't leave a bad after taste in your mouth like some protein bars have done. The energy I got off these was good. I like the high amounts of protein they put in these. It felt like it gave me really good recovery. I like it when they keep the amount of sugar low. Too much sugar in protein bars I think is what gives me upset stomach. Great value for what you get in these protein bars.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Satisfied Hunger
  • Very High In Protein

jgn2112

Bottom line, it's the best protein bar you can buy IMHO

Overall, I honestly do give this bar 10s across the board. I get the variety with a whopping 32g of protein and I have yet to try a "flavor" that isn't good. Of the three protein bars I consume regularly, this bar is the least tasty, but don't let that fool you, they're still very good. And considering the amount of protein you get per bar as well as the rest of the nutritional info, I consider it the best bar on the market. The variety with 32g of protein has 310 calories, 70 calories from fat...that's 23% of the calories from fat. For essentially a candy bar, that's fantastic. Couple that with the fact that it only has 4g of sugar (with 10g of sugar alcohol) and again, you'll see why I give it 10s across the board. Although I eat 3 different protein bars, if I had to supplement my diet with only one bar, this would be it. It's also the best value of all the protein bars I eat (and I think the best value of all the bars on the market). Bottom line, it's the best protein bar you can buy IMHO!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Very High In Protein

Posted May 17, 2010
      Try putting them in the microwave for 25-35 seconds. It makes them so much better.

Raptorbh12

The taste is phenomenal and they can be eaten without the need for water

If you have ever tried low carb/sugar protein bars then you would understand my high rating for this product. for 200 calories you get 20g protein in a bar i prefer over snickers. The taste is phenomenal and they can be eaten without the need for water. I reccomend smores or chocolate chip cookie flavors.

Overall the Pure Protein Bars are not in my top 5 bars at all

I had a coupon so I figured I would try the Pure Protein "Chocolate Deluxe" protein bars, so here is my review.

The bar itself looks...

The bar itself looks and smells really good, but sometimes looks can be deceiving. The bar was downright chalky and not very good in the taste department. I had to drink quite a bit of water to help with the chewiness of the bar, so it didin't get high marks in my book for taste/texture.

The ingredients aren't too bad, but I am not to keen on the sugar alcohols they have in the ingredient profile, although the sugar content is very low at 6g/bar. It is loaded with tons of vitamins/minerals which may be the reason behind the chalky taste, but I can't guarantee that's the source. So as far as vitamins/minerals/ingredients in the bar itself, I give it decent marks. But again, not too keen on the sugar alcohols.

The regular cost of the bars at my grocery store are $1.50 each, and with my coupon I got them for a buck a piece. Thus the value got high marks as well.

Overall the Pure Protein Bars are not in my top 5 bars at all. But if you are on a budget and can stomach a chewy, chalky protein bar, then these are for you. I would rather have a nice Met RX or Clif Builder's bar instead. Sorry Worldwide but this product needs improvement.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Low Sugar
      • Lots Of Vitamins/minerals
      • Way Too Chewy

They aren't organic and don't claim to be

These bars certainly don't taste like candy bars but they do the trick. The Pure Chocolate flavor provides 20 grams of protein for 180 calories which is a good deal compared to other bars. The price is right too... $6.88 for six bars at my local Walmart. They aren't organic and don't claim to be, but if you need cheap, edible protein on the run they work!

Posted January 5, 2011
        I should have said "Chocolate Deluxe" flavor...

Posted January 5, 2011
        Try putting them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. It makes them taste awesome.

Posted January 5, 2011
        Good review, quick and simple.

Posted January 5, 2011
        You're right. Slight nuking does improve the taste!

SBRit

I would go back to before trying these again

I bought these as a 3 pack variety box from Sam's Club. At around $.93 a bar it is a pretty inexpensive source of protein in bar fashion. Flavors included in the variety pack included:

Chocolate Peanut Butter
        Chewy Chocolate Chip
        Chocolate Deluxe

To be honest,...

Chocolate Peanut Butter
        Chewy Chocolate Chip
        Chocolate Deluxe

To be honest, I couldn't really tell much difference in taste between the first two, and only the whole chocolate content of the last one made it any different. I would usually have these as a mid morning snack along with a banana and they did keep my hunger in check until lunch time pretty good even on days when I would get a run in before I eat lunch. Has a nice protein blend to make up its 20g of protein and on the plus side it does not include any High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Granted I wasn't expecting knock out taste in such a low cost bar, but even still there are better tasting options out there even in this price range that I would go back to before trying these again (at least these 3 flavors).

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Satisfied Hunger

Posted May 1, 2010
        Wow, I LOVE these bars. What do you think tastes better than these?

Posted May 1, 2010
        Probably the best bars I've ever tasted are the Original Supreme Protein Bars.

For this price range, however, and for my big box warehouse store option, I probably will go with the Premier Nutrition Protein Bars. Not only do they give you an extra 10g of protein more than Pure Protein, I tend to like the taste of theirs better as well. Probably just a personal preference with the taste, but I guess to each their own. I did notice the last time I was in Wal-Mart a few other Pure Protein Bar choices, but did not try them. Maybe I'll give those options a shot down the line.

Posted May 1, 2010
        I do disagree that the supreme protein bars trump these in taste. The smores flavor especially made by worldwide is one of the best bars I have ever had. The Supreme protein bars seem way too dry and have little flavor to them once you get past the dryness. I have never seen or heard of the premier nutrition bars, ill keep an eye out.
        Also a side rant, I hate how all protein bars it seem use soy protein as the primary source, drives me crazy!

admin

Posted May 1, 2010
        You are the 10,000th review on the site!!!

Posted May 1, 2010
        Have not tried the Smores flavor. I have seen them at Walmart so I may have to try a few of those to compare.

bigworm89

Great value, Great taste, and low sugar

I love these bars. i get them at walmart for like 7 dollars a box. I have only tried the chocholate flavor, but i can say it is very tasty. It makes a great snack. I think they taste better if microwaved for about 10 seconds. While cutting i will sometimes smear some natty peanut butter on it and eat it for dinner. Great value, Great taste, and low sugar.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Low Sugar
        • Satisfied Hunger