TROOP CP

Super Cissus Rx Reviews

By: USPlabs

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #2 of 19 (better than 94%) in
Health & Wellbeing > Joint Support

Super Cissus Rx is a Joint Support Product manufactured by USPlabs. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.
INGREDIENTS (2)
THIS PRODUCT

1600mg
CATEGORY AVG

1600mg

This traditional Ayurvedic medicine is commonly used for joint and bone health and is also known as Winged Treebine Extract.

COMPARE SIMILAR

krystian
  September 30, 2015

Hi SR Community!

This is the second review I'm posting today. The first is located at this link: http://supplementreviews.com/universal/animal-flex/review/animal-flex-lacked-flexibility-joints-still-49940#top and this review is sort of a continuation as the reason I bought the USP Labs Super Cissus is for the same reason I bought the Animal Flex: Joint Pain.

As I mentioned in my review of Animal Flex, I'm now at the stage where I can lift heavy weights once again - and I truly enjoy doing this. Truly. The feeling I get while lifting/moving heavy weights is addictive; along with the stares (because I am not a big guy, most don't think I can lift as much as I do) and the congratulations I get from my gym buddies, it really lifts my ego and makes a hard and/or stressful day at work disappear.

With great power comes great responsibility, or er..that's Spiderman's thing, lol. What I meant to say is: with heavier weights come great joint pain and less productive workouts which sabotage progress and leads to depression :(

So in my search for a supplement to alleviate the Joint Pain I tried the Animal Flex - that didn't work for me - and then I tried the USP Labs Super Cissus.

There is only 1 ingredient: Cissus Quandrangularis (Stem) extract - 1600mg.

This is a vine found in Africa and Asia. There are not many studies published. Here is one link which is good but, it's just for the abstract: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ptr.4846/abstract

There is also a summary of information, which is excellent, that you can read at this link: http://examine.com/supplements/cissus-quadrangularis/

Basically, Cissus has traditionally been used to treat bones and reduce pain. For the purposes of reducing Joint Pain, one study conducted placed the recommended oral supplementation at 3200mg daily. USP Labs suggest taking 2 capsules (1600mg) twice a day, once in the morning and once at night, which gives you the recommended dosage spaced out. I should note that Cissus has two effects:

1. Gum forming - when taken with water before meals can cause the formation of a gummy substance which can lead to a feeling of fullness
2. Relaxing - muscle relaxing properties within 30 minutes of ingesting, so should not be taken close to work outs

These two above are just examples I found in what I read.

I followed the suggested dosage and took 2 caps with breakfast and 2 caps with my after workout meal. I noticed results after 1 week - the Joint Pain went from Intense to Tolerable. Throughout the next 2 weeks the pain gradually subsided to Mild. At the end of the approx 5 weeks/37 days a bottle lasts I bought another and the pain is practically gone. I say practically because as I started to feel better, I increased the intensity of my workouts and keep working at upping my weights/sets/reps/etc. and expect to feel some kind of soreness but, I am surprised that I don't feel as much pain as I expected.

Up, up and away to those gainz! I was no longer Clark Kent, but once more Superman - in my mind anyways, lol.

I am all in on this. I have had no side effects, it works, and it's cheap. I paid 15 bucks for a bottle (that's about 3 bucks per week) and I will be buying this regularly. One thing I have not tried is reducing the dosage, and I think I'll try that for my 3rd bottle, just to see if I can get away with it.

Now, is this the Holy Grail for Joint Pain? I think it's close to it.

I did read that when combined with Ashwagandha and Holy Basil it can increase bone mineral density; and with Calcium, Vit D and Boswelia can improve the healing of fractures.

So, a supplement with some combination of these ingredients I mentioned above could be THE Holy Grail - if someone makes it. But, we can get these things separately if desired. I'm wondering why Animal Flex doesn't have it because it seems this one ingredient would make that a one punch knockout.

I recommend!!!! Your joints will be happy.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relieved Joint Pain
  • Worked Fast
  • Very Affordable
  • Best Joint Care Supplement Ive Used!!
    bromine2122
      August 11, 2015

----Introduction----
    (Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
    I'm 37yrs old been training since I was 16yrs but really didn't serious in till 2003. I usually train 5 to 6 days a week for around 90mins. A friend of mine told me about supplement reviews so I check it out like it and wanted to be apart of it. My current weight is 245lbs height is 5'10 looking to shed about 20lbs. My diet right now is lean beef, chicken and fish. I'm also trying to eat more greens like kale and baby spinach.

----Ingredient Profile----
    (Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    2 softcap gel pills

----Effectiveness----
    I've been having the usual joint pains from years of lifting like my elbows were start to pop, and my ankles would pop. When I would sit up my body would sound like tin man because of a the popping in my joints. Over the last year or so my kneecaps started to hurt really bad from doing squats I would get severe pain if I tried to do barbell or front squats. It's been a few years since I've taking a joint supplement and after doing a little looking around people had mention USPlabs supercissus and the best joint product you could buy. So I decided to do a 5 week supply taking 4 pills total a day 2 with breakfast and the other 2 with dinner. After doing a 5 week run of this product it did noting at all to relive my joints. My kneecaps would still hurt on random days. The only leg exercise I could do was hack squats or leg press at light weight but high volume. My elbows popped even more along with my ankles in the morning when I would get out of bed. I had to alternate leg sitting because I could not squat because of the joint pain. This product would be whole lot better if Glucosamine HCL and MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) were in it. USPlabs just uses Cissus Quadrangularis (Steam) Extract) which in regards to bone health, there are limited human reports of increased fracture healing rate which are poor quality of evidence due to not disclosing adequate methodlogy (ie. how they did the study) and not disclosing the source of the compound.

----Value----
    DPS nutrition has it at 22.97

----Side Effects----

----Conclusion----
    I would never recommended this product to anyone who is a serious lifter or who is suffering from joint issues. Because you will not find any relief in this product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
      • Sketchy Science Behind Its Mechanism Of Action
      • Could Use Some Additional Joint Support Ingredients Like Msm For A More Complete Formula
      • No Results
      • Did Nothing To Relive My Joint Pains
      powerbottom
        January 25, 2015

----Introduction----
      Took this after I had a mild tear in my rotator cuff. The inflammation was causing pain in my surrounding joints. Anti inflammatory medications did't seem to be enough. I read the reviews and figured it wasn't very expensive, so I thought I would give it a shot.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Pills so not taste.

----Effectiveness----
      I coupled this supplement with rehabilitation exercises, hot/cold therapy, Omega 3's, Glucosamine MSM, and some ibuprofen. I felt noticeably better after about 2 weeks of starting Super Cissus. Prior to this I had been using the other methods, minus the omega-3. Though I wouldn't expect anything miraculous from this (or most other supplements), it did speed up my recuperation time.

----Value----
      I got it from amazon for ~ $18 for what amounts to be over a months supply, so it wasn't much. It did prove to provide plenty of bang for the buck

----Side Effects----
      None that were apparent.

----Conclusion----
      I feel that coupled with other things, it worked great for getting my shoulder back in shape. Though I am using this just to rehab, it would seem that it would be useful as a part of your everyday regiment.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Relieved Joint Pain
      • Very Affordable
      • Better Than Advil
      • Helped Sleep Comfort
      • Effective Overall Joint Support Formula
        want2beswole
        Rep: -7
          May 9, 2014

Wow ! This stuff has become a staple in my supplement regimen.

I truly believe that this herb has anti-inflammatory properties although there is not much empirical evidence stating this. I have suffered tendonitis in my elbows, a torn pec , and a mangled knee (3 surgeries) and SuperCissus has helped me recover faster.

Results: 8-9/10

I can say that if I do not use this stuff for 2-3 weeks, I begin getting elbow pain and pectoral pain where I suffered an injury. I have no idea what it is about the herb , but it simply works.

It reduces swelling and although I would not go far enough to say it "heals" any injury you may have, it will assist in calming down inflammation ! For me , that in itself is enough to give it 8-9 stars.

Side Effects: 6.5

This is my complaint on this product. I personally get headaches if I take 4 pills a day which is the best dose in my opinion. I have to cut it to two.

While it still works at 2 , 4 was the perfect dose for me . The headaches that came along with this product were to much and I was forced to drop the dose.

I also believe sinus congestion can occur on this product as my allergies flair up much more frequently when I use it .

Value : 8/10

This product is not overpriced and priced at "fair market" or at the price it should be . I have no problem paying full price for this product as the results have helped mitigate alot of pain and get me through my workouts unharmed!

I am a big fan of this product and would recommend it to anyone with MINOR injuries who are able to continue lifting.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Relieved Joint Pain
        • Very Affordable
        • Stopped Inflammation
        • Best Joint Care Supplement Ive Used!!
          WarMachine
            June 1, 2013

Time to lay down the first of an onslaught of reviews to come from my Epi-1-test log!!!

Today, I will discuss my experience with Usp labs joint support supplement Super Cissus Rx. Super Cissus is a relatively simple and straightforward joint support product containing one primary ingredient: Cissus Quandrangularis. This plant has been indicated to having quite a few benefits. Its anti-inflammatory benefits are perhaps one of its more recognized benefits. From my experience, I can definitely say that this products efficiently and continuously kept my joints lubricated and pain-free.

Now for the breakdown of my impression of Super Cissus Rx:

Taste N/A: Capsules are tasteless, easy to swallow, and have no aftertaste or unpleasant post-dosage burps.

Ingredient Profile (9):

Cissus Rx has one primary ingredient;

Cissus Quandrangularis dosed at 750 mg per capsule engineered at 10% of the specific extract.

As I mentioned in my intro, Cissus Quandrngularis has been indicated for a few benefits including its anti-inflammatory properties. Here are some of the others;

1. Enhanced healing of bone fractures

2. May potentially aid in fat metabolism

3. Potential treatment for gastric ulcers

4. Suggested to antagonize cortisol

It should be noted that all of these benefits including the anti-inflammatory benefits have only been suggested through in-vitro studies and lack more human-based study support. In other words, there isn't a significant amount of human studies backing these claims. Despite this, from my experience I can at least vouch for the joint support benefits.

Usage (10): Very simple; two capsules a day with each one taken before your first and last meal.

Effectiveness (10): Joint pain tends to be a common side effect when running compounds that inhibit or antagonize the actions of estrogen due to estrogen's role in the natural lubrication of joints. The prevention of fluid retention is god news for those looking for a dry, hard looking physique, but bad news for the joints lacking the natural fluid that keeps them lubricated.

Since Epi-1-test has anti-estrogenic properties, I found it vital to run efficient joint support. Orange Triad, the multi-vitamin that I was using in conjunction with my cycle support supps has joint support properties if its own, but I believed that it was worth taking a little extra precautions giving the workload I induce on my joints in each workout.

Needless to say, with Super Cissus Rx, my joints never aches, stiffened, or felt dried in any way. I would never wake-up in the morning feeling like the tin man robbed of his oil. Despite the pounding on my joints and skeleton in general, super cissus rx kept them consistently battle-ready and pain free. Therefore, despite the sketchy science behind Cissus's anti-inflammatory benefits, I can say that the benefits were most definitely present for me.

Value (8): A 120 capsule bottle which would last you 2 months at the directed dose goes for about 23-31 dollars. I got my bottle for 23.90. For the efficacy and amount in the bottle, I'd say this is a relatively decent value. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.

Overall (9): Super Cissus Rx is an effective and affordable joint support supplement that in my opinion is worth including in one's regimen not only when running a PH, but also for general joint support for those having continuous difficulties in this area. It will aid in joint pain prevention, stiffness, and lubrication. The only drawback as I mentioned before and as some previous reviewers touched upon was the lack of science backing its claim. I wouldn't consider this a "hit or miss" supplement, but everyone will potentially respond differently.

Well this completes review 1 of my AMS log review of products, next up will most likely be orange triad.

UNTIL THEN TRAIN HARD BROSKIES!!!

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Very Affordable
          • Effective Overall Joint Support Formula
          • Sketchy Science Behind Its Mechanism Of Action
          RobertMc1982
            May 2, 2013

I had been experiencing chronic knee and elbow pain for several months, and decided to try Super Cissus after reading reviews and soliciting feedback from everyone on the SR forum. I have to say, it is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Ingredient Profile:

---------------------------------------------

Each capsule contains 800mg of USPLabs' patented cissus quadrangularis extract. The herb has been used in ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years for a multitude of issues, but it is most widely known for its anti-inflammatory properties and usefulness in relieving joint pain. The company claims that their proprietary extract is superior to any others on the market, of course. The serving size is two capsules, and the directions are to take one serving in the morning and one in the evening with a meal.

---------------------------------------------

I just finished my first bottle of this two days ago, and it has worked better than I ever expected or hoped for. Like I said, I had been dealing with knee and elbow pain for several months, but both of those are completely gone now. I wear steel-toe boots and walk a lot at work on concrete, and between that and jogging my knees had been feeling pretty beat up. My right elbow and shoulder have always given me problems during heavy benching, but all these ailments are now completely gone (or at least I don't feel any pain from them anymore). I started feeling relief after about the third day, and it got progressively better from there. My knees were particularly bad. The warehouse I work in is about 5 feet off the ground, and we have a set of metal stairs that leads up to it that we use many times per day. I had gotten to where I kind of dreaded having to walk up them because of my knees, and would use the handrails as much as I could. One day, about two weeks into the bottle of Super Cissus, I was coming in to work and I just ran up those stairs without even thinking about it. It was then that I realized that my knees were no longer bothering me!

I should note that I have been taking fish oil as well, but I didn't start until a week into taking Super Cissus. I had already begun experiencing relief by then, so I can say for sure that the Super Cissus is at least primarily responsible for the improvement.

---------------------------------------------

I found an average price of around $24 online for 75 servings, which is a little over a month's supply. This comes out to be $0.32/serving (or $0.64/day, taking two servings a day). This is an excellent value in my opinion considering how well it worked for me. I paid $40 for my bottle from a local supplement shoppe because I was desperate for relief and didn't want to wait for shipping, and I still feel like it was money well spent.

Overall: 9.5/10

---------------------------------------------

This stuff worked great for me, and I would recommend it to anyone that has nagging joint pain or anyone who will be doing any kind of activity that puts extra stress on their bones, tendons, ligaments, etc. This along with fish oil and glucosamine/msm will probably make life a whole lot easier!
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Relieved Joint Pain
          • Worked Fast
          • Stopped Inflammation
          • Wish For Costco Sized Drum
          ron

December 4, 2012

Super Cissuss is a unique blend of vitamins, minerals and plant sterol compounds not only supporting healthy muscle and bone, but actually helps deliver nutrients to tendons while supporting healthy ligaments, cartilage and joints. Key ingredient is Cissus Quadrangularis. It does not contain glucosamine, choindroitin or msm and is Stimulant-Free.

My Story:
          When I first got back into lifting approximately 3 years ago I found out rather quickly that my 40+ year old body does not recover from the strains and stress of heavy lifting like it did when I was in my 20's. Within the first month I had a major shoulder pain that would not allow me to do dumbbell or barbell military presses with any considerable weight. Within 6 months my right knee that I injured during a motorcycle accident 10 years earlier ached for days following any type of squatting exercise, with or without weights. I had read that taking NSAID's was a bad idea and to take Glucosamine w/ MSM and I would be good to go. Well I took 1000mg of that with breakfast and dinner and my shoulder pain disappeared but I received zero relief for my knee. I figured that with old age I just had to suck up the pain if lifting was truly what I wanted to do. And so that is what I did for over a year until I developed tennis elbow. This pain was the worst. I bought straps for both forearms and just synched them as tight as I could without cutting off circulation. This allowed me to still lift heavy, but it still hurt like hell. It was the tennis elbow that caused me to do more research to relieve the pain and injury. For a while I tried the whole elevate arms and ice pack thing following a hard work out and that was not only ineffective, it was a pain in the butt. Then I found good things being said on SR.com about USPlabs Super Cissuss. I figured it certainly couldn't hurt to try. So I dosed 2 capsules with breakfast and 2 with daily every day. Well I'm so glad I listened to other people at this great website because within 2 weeks my knee pain and tennis elbow in my left arm was completely gone and within 2 months the tennis elbow pain in my right arm was completely gone. This new pain free body gave me the confidence to up all of my lifts and I have not experienced any of the previous mentioned pains since I started Super Cissuss. It is a permanent staple in my daily diet for as long as I am able to lift and I couldn't possibly indorse or recommend a product any higher. If you have aches and pains that are preventing you from giving your all, give this stuff a try. If it doesn't work for you, go see a physician as I believe you may have a more serious problem to deal with.

Side effects: None

This product claims to support healthy muscle and bone, but actually helps deliver nutrients to tendons while supporting healthy ligaments, cartilage and joints. It alleviated my knee pain and tennis elbow which is what I originally purchased it to do. It did the job I needed it to do. If that's not worth a 10 on effectiveness, I don't know what is.

I most recently purchased a 120 caps bottle Super Cissuss on AllStarHealth.com for $23.49
          To me you can't really put a price on pain free lifting and any price is a bargain.
          The only reason I give it a 9 is because the only way it could be a 10 is if it was free.

Overall: 9.5/10
          Combine an extremely effective and well priced product and you get a high overall score. Again, I couldn't be happier with this product and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Relieved Joint Pain
          • Worked Fast
          • Stopped Inflamation Of Elbow Joint
          • Very Affordable
          • Stopped Inflammation
          • Better Than Advil
            DanTheManski
              November 13, 2012

Whoooooo. Joint health is one of the most over-looked supplement category's out there. Especially for all you young whipper-snappers. This needs to be in your arsenal.

Taste: N/A

These are little pills. Directions are easy, I just decided to take 2 in the morning and 2 more 8 hours later. However, these smell awful.

This gets a solid well deserved 10. This product did wonders for my joints. I work for GNC and usually have to do a 12 hour shift once a week. Around the 7-8 hour mark, my knees ache. This supplement stopped that aching pain immediately. Even during workouts every once and a while i'd get that elbow pain from doing curls. That stopped to, and I'd have to give my thanks and praise to Super Cissus.

This supplement has a pretty decent value on it. 23.99 + shipping on NutraPlanet.com currently. or 44.99 at your local GNC. You get 150 caps, and at 4 a day this should last you around 27 days. So not a full month supply which is why I gave this an 8.

Well deserved 9 here for Super Cissus and USPLabs. This will be one supplement I will continue to buy, no matter what. This is hands down one of the best joint care supps I have used.

Thanks for your time everyone.

DanTheManski.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Relieved Joint Pain
            • Worked Fast
            • Stopped Inflamation Of Elbow Joint
            • Very Affordable
            • Stopped Inflammation
            • Best Joint Care Supplement Ive Used!!
            • Bigger Size
            Mooselini
              September 20, 2012

Super cissus is a super hero. Damn, if If only Cap'n Planet new about this, I know someone would wear the ring of Cissus. Jokes aside this stuff is to legit to quit. I first had tried out USPs Bulk Cissus from Nutraplanet a while ago, and while it did work decently, that stuff literally tastes like dirt. So when my joint stuff ran out this time I decided to pick up the capped stuff. Which turned out to be a God send. Le Go!

Value--7
            Eons ago when I played high school football, I went in for a tackle and popped my shoulder out of the socket. Needless to say that was very painful and it gradually got worse. A few years later I popped the same shoulder out again. Why do I put this info in the value section you may ask. Well the way I dose this is 2 In the morning and 2 at night,that way even severe joint pain is suppressed. So value is pretty good I just wish it came in a Costco sized jug.

Taste--?
            Wha what? No taste but they need a flavored Cissus powder that shi* cray.

Effectiveness--9
            Now while this did not heal my shoulder it did suppress the pain till it was non existent. Before my current job I was doing manual labor for about 10hrs a day pulling, lifting, you name it. This trashed my shoulder to the point where I could no sleep on it at night. No lie I went through about 12 boxes of Cissus while I worked there due to the products effectiveness. The other cool thing about Cissus is it kicks in pretty fast. Very effective.

Overall --8
            This is a staple in my stack and if not for SR I would hav never found out about it. It always delivers and is always
            effective. The only flaw I have found is I wish it came in a bigger size.
            Whatever it still kicks ass
            Peace
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Relieved Joint Pain
            • Worked Fast
            • Stopped Inflammation
            • Helped Sleep Comfort
            • Price *slightly* High
            • Wish For Costco Sized Drum
            • Bigger Size
            OnAClearDay
              August 26, 2012

I had tennis elbow for quite some time. Every time I would lift any type of upper body, it would irritate my elbows soooo bad. I felt like I couldn't shake it.

I started taking Super Cissus with Glucosamine, shark cartillage and msm and noticed some serious differences.

Within two weeks my elbow pain was relieved a little bit. I was taking time off but I started gradually getting back in the proccess and I know that this combo definitely helped.

Overall 9/10
            Great product, relieved my elbow pain substantially, it went back to how it used to be when I stopped. Now I am considering stacking this for a longer period
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Helped Elbow Pain
            • Relieved Joint Pain
            • Worked Fast
            • Stopped Inflammation
            • Better Than Advil
            • Price *slightly* High

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.