PowerFULL

By USPlabs
PowerFULL USPlabs
7.9/10
(Weighted average based on 116 Reviews)

Ranks #20 of 115 (better than 83%)
in Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

garlick

USP has done a good job of creating a good gH increasing agent

Thanks to USP Labs, especially Anabolic Adam for sending me the product to try. I've now run through 2 full bottles.

I definitely don't agree with the usage as directed of this product, and I'll explain why in my review.

I do, however, agree with using this product as a...

I do, however, agree with using this product as a gH increasing supplement, and using this for sleep pattern help, although I do find that adding other supplements to a stack makes this more effective.

Based on this criteria, I can rate this product in the following areas: Sleep pattern help, gH Increase, Recovery & Value.

Sleep Pattern Help: This is where powerfull really shines. Taking this is actually more effective than a high dose of Melatonin and Vitamin B6, which is a natural supplementation cycle that I've taken many times. Falling asleep with powerfull is easy, even when I've taken stimulants too close my normal sleep time. When I make this mistake, often times I have to rely heavily on Magnesium as a way to counter stimulant shaking and help me relax to a sleep state. This is not the case with Powerfull. I also enter REM easier and faster. This is evident in the vivid dreams. During sleep vivid dreams only occur while entering and exiting REM sleep, and the longer and more vivid the dreams, the faster that you're falling into these periods. Most people take longer to enter REM sleep, and fall through REM periods faster into deep sleep periods. You do not dream in deep sleep. This makes the effectiveness of Powerfull very helpful in getting into healthy sleep patterns. In this sense, I can easily rate this product as a 10.

gH Increases: gH is only released during your REM sleep patterns. This is important to understand, as deep sleep starts to trigger other releases which help with muscle repair and growth, which are more effective when gH is in high levels in the blood. Having longer REM periods of sleep, ie more vivid dreams, is a good indication of higher levels of gH being released during these periods. This again, leads me to rate the effectiveness of Powerfull in this category at a 9.

Recovery: This is where the product tends to take a hit, but not for reasons that have to do with the product itself, but more with how the product is marketed by USP labs. Ratings cannot be independent of what's promised by the company, and unfortunately the promises by USP labs in recovery state that improves skin tone, and also increases testosterone release which in turn reduces recovery time. I found the product lacking in these last regards. I saw no noticeable increase in my testosterone production, that I can attribute directly to powerfull. I also didn't really see better overall skin tone, as I tend to have oily skin on my back and shoulders which was still the same, while dry skin on my face, even in humid summer months. My recovery time was also not greatly effected. So overall, powerfull only scores a 5 in my book for recovery effectiveness.

Value: While some have stated that the overall value for this product is low, I would actually beg to differ. My experience with trying different combination of sleep aids, and coming to my preferred stack of L-Tyrosine, Melatonin, 5-HTP & Magnesium Citrate creates a stack that costs approximately $25-28 per month. Powerfull will almost completely replace everything here except the L-Tyrosine, which makes taking this compound at $35-38 per month. Not a bad cost for what I would consider a more effective gH release agent. So for value I can give this a 9.

I still highly recommend L-Tyrosine be stacked with this compound, as it will effect dopamine in the neuropathways, and L-Tyrosine will provide the fundamental building blocks that are necessary for this increased production. I also took 5-HTP along with this for personal reasons, as I am constantly trying to keep my seritonin levels high as those transmitters are important for mood & overall sense of well being, which help me to decrease my binge eating desires.

My overall for the product comes in at 8/10 based on the above criteria. If USP labs were to drop the claim of the testosterone increases, I could rate this at a higher.

Overall, USP has done a good job of creating a good gH increasing agent, and I found this to be a quality product worth the investment.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Increases Gh
  • Helps With Rem Sleep Patterns
  • No Testosterone Increases
  • No Increased Muscle Recovery

Posted September 25, 2012
Who are you? You must be new to the site. Nice first review though.

I love PF as well homie.

Posted September 25, 2012
I signed up just to post this review....now that my work here is done....I'm out!!

yon
(-3)

Stunning review Garlic.

Posted September 25, 2012
Great review G, I love me some Powerfull!

How many caps did you dose, and when? Also have you tried taking it preworkout?

Posted September 25, 2012
Good point, I was supposed to put that. I started with 1 pre workout, and 1 before bed, and switched to 2 before bed for 2 weeks, then 3 before bed all at once for 4 weeks. that gave me the best results.

workoutguru

Posted September 26, 2012
WOW great review Garlick. Very well detailed. This is one of the USPLabs products I have yet to try. Been wanting to try this for awhile now. I did get a 10 serving sample of this but that was not enough to really tell if it did much for me. I would need to do a full bottle of this to noticed anything from this.

cssrss

Posted September 26, 2012
Great review man!

Jpotter21

I do feel like PF is not a product that is extremely hyped up

Whats up all, first off a big thank you to Isam and all of the USP labs team for allowing me to try this. I greatly appreciate it. On to the review.

I have a mixed bag of emotions when it comes to Powerful, probably because I am currently not using an AI and my estrogen is out of wack. But regardless, I feel like it worked well but lacked also on certain aspects of its delivery. From what I've understood, this is marketed as a gh/strength/test boost product. I was running this along side DAA (test powder), to see if it enhanced libido at all or made DAA more effective than what it already was for me.

Dosing-N/A

The dosing here can be kind of tricky. You have to take it within an hour before bed, with no more than five grams of carbs. Which makes sense in theory as GH/Insulin don't mix. So you have to be mindful when you take powerful.

Effectiveness-8/10

As a stand alone product, this does not knock me out. Maybe my expectations were a little high going into PF. As I've experienced with other GH supplements it seems like almost everyone knocks me out. On this however, I found myself staring at the ceiling more often times than not trying to figure out when I was going to fall asleep. The sleep I did get was nice, but I never felt like it was a deep sleep or I would stay asleep for long.

I actually ended up adding L-Theanine in at 200mg every night, and that really helped. Basically it helps to create physical and mental relaxation. I felt like when I threw this in, PF took on a whole new level. I would be out in 30 minutes and sleep great. No waking up and I would feel awesome in the mornings. I would have great energy throughout the day as well, and not feel tired or lethargic.

PF definitely delivers on putting you into an REM mode of sleep. Which is actually where your body goes into repair mode, and your sleep is at its deepest. Your dreams become extremely vivid as well, which I had almost every night on PF even before adding in L-Theanine. I never really felt an enhancement in recovery. I felt like some days I may have been less sore, and some days I was as sore as I always am. I also never once got a dreaded sleep hangover.

I actually feel like one of the greatest aspects of PF was what it has helped to establish being done with the product. What I have noticed is an increase in a healthy sleeping pattern. Where now I am tired around the same time every night, no matter what time of he day I woke up. I actually find this extremely beneficial, and this would actually be the stand out point IMO for this product. I go to sleep around the same time every night, while waking up around the same time every day. So overall I feel Powerful gets a solid 8 for effectiveness.

Value-7/10

The only reason I give the value a 7 is because I felt like I had better results while adding another product to it. The actual product itself is really not to expensive, as I've seen it for as low as 24$ which I feel is pretty solid for a months supply. If it weren't for having to add in another product, I would give this a higher rating. But I felt like it was lacking something.

Overall-7/10

I do feel like PF is not a product that is extremely hyped up. It claims to support healthy sleep and growth hormone. Both of which it does do, I just feel like you may have to add in other things to make it more effective in those regards. I would certainly pick it up and give it a shot. Its definitely worth the coin and gives you some extra zzz's. Have a good one guys.

Blade410

Posted February 21, 2013
    Is this a ER JPotter review? Nice!

Posted February 21, 2013
    Thanks for the review JPO! 3 PF, 3 Valerian Root, 3-6mg of Melatonin...amazing sleep and recovery.

Posted February 21, 2013
    Thanks guys, BTW I totally biffed up the value on this lol.

Yes. Yes you did ;)

Posted February 21, 2013
    Nice review...I've discovered that taking this 45 min or so prior to intercourse,made for some two-three hour sessions..Ha,Ha

sdunlimited

Posted February 22, 2013
    Nice review - interesting effects you had w/the theanine thrown in there. I use it for just the opposite, combined w/caffeine and love it!

While this is a good review, Brooklyn sold me on this product with his single sentence above! :)

lava135

@SD - your rep is at "69". Coincidence? I think not.... lol

Posted February 22, 2013
    @SD- I'll have to give that a shot. It definitely works nice before bed to. Totally relaxes me.

ZANARK

Posted February 22, 2013
    exceptionally well expressed... "you have to be mindful when you take powerfull"

ron

Greatly enhanced Mind/Muscle connection

It is my experience that PowerFULL is soooooo much more than a sleep aid. Sure, USPlabs and several other reviewers claim PowerFULL supports your quality of sleep and makes you feel better on less sleep and I have no doubt that it does just that. However, I consider myself one of those fortunate people that can fall asleep very quickly and sleep deep through the night without a sleep aid so I am not positive this product has that large of an impact on me. No matter how much sleep I get, I still need my morning coffee mixed in my protein drink to really get going. Where this product really shined for me is in the area of testosterone production by way of prolactin regulation. Before I go too far on this topic, first a little personal back story:

I was just getting back into the fitness game and wanted to amplify my workouts with some healthy vitamins and other supplementation. Knowing that in the world of muscle growth, testosterone is king, I did a little research. The hot natural T boosting supplement was DAA and I read several positive reviews and scientific studies of how awesome it was at increasing testosterone naturally. So I hopped on the band wagon and had my T levels blood tested and started my first 4 week cycle of DAA. After that first 4 week cycle I had my T levels blood tested again and comparing the before and after, I found that my T dropped 5.6%. I was shocked. How could the scientifically backed studies be wrong? I then heard from Virtus (a highly respected SR.com member) that roughly 1 in 5 people are non-respondent to DAA. So with my current blood results in hand, it was obvious that I must be one of the 5. Lucky me right? Now what do I do? I thought.... Then the following article fell in my lap from another highly respected member of SR.com, AnabolicAdam:

--------------------
    D-aspartic acid Also stimulates Prolactin--
    DAA & PowerFull â„¢

D-aspartic acid is gaining momentum as a decent testosterone booster as rightfully indicated by some scientific studies (1-3). Unfortunately, the amino acid is also a known stimulator of prolactin release (3-5). One study in male rats found that while D-aspartic acid increased testosterone and LH by 236% and 146%, respectively, it also increased prolactin levels by 152%. Prolactin is probably best known for its ability to stimulate lactation in women. But, it can also have other effects in humans, including men. Prolactin may be associated with lowered testosterone levels, lowered libido and possibly even increased fat mass (possibly through suppression of lipolysis or increased lipogenesis) and decreased insulin sensitivity (6-10). When considering that D-aspartic acid's testosterone-enhancing effects might be hampered by its ability to also elevate prolactin, it makes sense to use it with a product that is designed to support healthy prolactin levels. By utilizing USPLabs', PowerFull product, which contains a precise formulation designed to support healthy prolactin levels, it can allow you to not only enhance the testosterone-boosting effects of the amino acid, but also benefit more from it in general.

---------------------------

After reading the above study I figured I might as well give PowerFULL a shot. I mean, what other natural options did I have? So my next natural T boosting cycle consisted of D-Pol, Erase and PowerFULL. After 4 weeks on this stack my blood T levels increased 23%. I was flippin ecstatic. My faith in supplements was restored!!! However, I was still skeptical to give PowerFULL all the credit. I mean this stack contained two other new components to me (D-Pol and Erase) that could easily be the culprit for my awesome T numbers. So being the skeptic I am, for the following 4 weeks I dropped PowerFULL from the line up and added Animal Stak to D-Pol and Erase. The following blood test was shocking to me. My T levels dropped 24% !!! This proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that while consuming a DAA product, I need to regulate my prolactin if I want to see any type of testosterone increase.
    To summarize:
    4 weeks on D-Pol, Erase, PowerFULL = 23% increase in testosterone
    4 weeks on D-Pol, Erase, Animal Stak = 24% decrease in testosterone

IMPORTANT ADVICE:
    If you are coming off of a prohormone cycle and need to raise your testosterone naturally and are relying totally on a DAA based product, I HIGHLY recommend adding PowerFULL to your post cycle stack. If you are like me, one of the unlucky 5 guys immune to the effects of DAA, taking PowerFULL is cheap insurance to ensure your hormones bounce back safely. Let me say that again.

IF YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO INCREASE YOUR TESTOSTERONE NATURALLY AND ARE ONE OF THE 20% THAT IS NON-RESPONSIVE TO DAA, YOU MAY NEED A PROLACTIN REGULATING PRODUCT SUCH AS POWERFULL!!!!

And down from the soap box I go......

Side effects: none

Effectiveness: 999/10 (not a typo)
    There has never been a product to this date that I have taken that I feel has done more for my goals in boosting testosterone naturally than PowerFULL. If I could give it higher score than 10, I certainly would.

Value 10/10: At the time of this writing, you can obtain a 90 capsule bottle from AllStarHealth.com for $29.99 which is where I purchase all my supplements. I personally dosed PowerFULL at 3 caps before bed each and every night on an empty stomach so that's $30 for a 30 day supply. Simple math is $1 a day and well worth the insurance of prolactin regulation as well as the other great sleep benefits you may be in need of.

PowerFULL is product that will be permanently in my supplement stack year round. It is well priced and highly effective.

If you found this review helpful and care to know more about my year long journey of blood letting and supplementation, please check out my journal: "BLOOD CAN'T LIE"

The following is an overview from AllStarHealth.com:

USPlabs PowerFULL is a premium natural growth hormone enhancing supplement with select ingredients backed by scientific research. There are only two ingredients in PowerFULL, chlorophytum borivilanum and velvet bean. Both ingredients were shown in independent studies to raise endogenous growth hormone levels in men within 60 minutes after consumption.

Chlorophytum borivilanum is an herb cultivated in India and contains high amounts of potent saponins. These saponins have been shown to increase natural testosterone and libido.

Velvet bean contains high concentrations of L-Dopa, which is a precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine. Velvet bean has been shown to increase natural growth hormone levels in men almost immediately after being absorbed by the body. Velvet bean has been used by natives for centuries as a natural libido and mood enhancing supplement.

The following is an overview from USPlabs:

USPlabs PowerFULL is scientifically shown to increase natural HG production by at least 221% in just one dose.
    Increase strength and power in and out the gym.
    Get more out of each hour of sleep – improve quality and feel better on less sleep.
    Increase sex drive and libido by lowering prolactin levels in men (the women hormone)
    Greatly enhanced Mind/Muscle connection – by increasing dopamine, the dopamine neurons of the brain are activated that are essential for normal movement and sensory-motor integration.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Effective Testosterone Booster
    • All Natural

Posted December 13, 2012
      Awesome review man. Love the blood tests. I assume they were both the same time, fasted, etc?

Posted December 13, 2012
      Thank you for this review Ron. Because of this review I have actually decided to hold onto my bottle of PF for my next pct.

Great review.

mhseaver670

Posted December 13, 2012
      Outstanding review. I will rep you multiply times for this.

Proven Ingredients, Overpriced product.

I still don't know what made me buy Powerfull. Either I was in a mood of experimentation or I received some unexpected money, I can't exactly remember but I bought it and used it, at least this much I remember.

Ingredients:- 9/10
      One thing I like about USP Labs is that their formulas...

Ingredients:- 9/10
      One thing I like about USP Labs is that their formulas are simple. Just two ingredients in Powerfull. Velvet bean Extract and chlorophytum Borivilianum, unlike most of the companies coming up with products that have hair of Chinese monkey, bark of a secret tree from Amazon forest (so secret that it actually doesn't even exist), 1,2 4, 5, 6 di pepile popine and what not. These two ingredient are time tested (time here is 5000 years) as they are extensively used in Ayurvedic Preparations (5000 years old medical science of India). In Sanskrit and Hindi they are known as kapikachchu and Safed Musli. Both are mainly used as men's health supplements but have wide ranging benefits. So the ingredients are solid and have proven health benefits.

The main issue with this supplement is either it will work wonders for you or it won't work at all. While velvet bean is always associated with growth hormone release, chlorophytum Borivilianum is mainly known as an aphrodisiac. Generally in Ayurvedic formulas these ingredients are often combined with many other herbs that increase each ingredient's efficacy multifold. For me it didn't do much. One reason could be that I was already taking these ingredients in other formulas. (chyawanprash – A herbal paste). It did help a bit in better sleep but apart from that I didn't notice much difference. But that doesn't mean that it won't produce good results for other individuals. If you respond to these ingredients they have the ability to produce results that can far exceed one's expectations.

Being an Indian, for me the value is maybe 2/10 as I can get the same ingredients with lots of other "˜powerful' ingredients from the most trusted of brands at a fraction of the cost of Powerfull, but even for others the price ($40-$65) is too much. Also these products work best if used for longer duration of time that makes it even pricier.

If you are left with any money after buying Protein, pre-workout, post-workout, Intra-workout, Creatine, Multivitamin, etc etc then give it a try but make sure you use it for 2 months because these are all natural products and take time to produce desired results. And keep in mind it may or may not work for you. And if all you get from this product is better sleep then I would suggest to buy some Melatonin instead.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Helps With Sleep
      • Improves Libido
      • Good Recovery.
      • A Bit Expensive
      • And A Bit Expensive (about 45 Dollars A Bottle)

Manimal

Posted May 24, 2013
      If anything, this product has acute effects for REM sleep, which is the main purpose I take it. I sleep so damn well on this stuff and It seems to intensify morning wood.

venom434

Effective product, did mostly what is was supposed to do

this is one of my favorite products by USP Labs,i tried this for the first time about a year ago and i just recently finished a two bottle cycle of this. one thing i would like to note is that i'm a huge fan of the fact that USP Labs uses alot of Herbal/Natural ingredients that aren't harmful to the body as long as you dose according to directions(too much of anything isn't good).

Ingredient Profile - per capsule: 750mg (Chlorophytum Borivilianum (Root) Velvet Bean (Bean). not your typical ingredient that you might see in other supplements, but basically these herbs are claimed to help with increasing male potency, fight fatigue, strengthens immune system, promote natural testosterone/growth hormone production, increase in recovery from exercise, increase strength/muscle mass.

Dosage: i chose to dose 3 capsules 30min before bed, 6 days a week (monday through friday). a few times i tried taking 1 addition capsule pre-workout and i didn't notice much of a difference.

Taste: N/A. cant really taste anything because it's a pill, although the capsules so smell kinda weird.

Effectiveness: the main thing that stood out to me about PowerFULL was the quality of sleep was amazing! this has given me the best sleep that i've ever had, it would put me into a deep sleep and i felt more refreshed, sometimes feeling like a had a "sleep hangover". also if there were nights were i could only get 5/6 hours of sleep, it made me feel like i got 8 hours. dreams that i got from this were crazy! i'm not sure why but most of them consisted of zombies..after doing some slight research i found out that vivid dreams are infact a sign of GH(HGH'>Growth Hormone) being released/produced at night.

recovery was good, i would wake up with a "Mind/Muscle connection" feeling more focused and ready to hit the weights again. i didn't keep track of the exact stats, but i could definitely see an improvement in strength gains, reduced fatigue and i felt like my muscles grew and i looked a little more "swole" as the weeks went on. one thing that i didn't noticed from this is increased libido, and that's probably due to my age.

Price: $29.99 for a 90 count bottle from AllStarHealth. not too bad considering the way i dosed it, one bottle lasted me around 5 weeks.

Overall: effective product, did mostly what is was supposed to do. what i've noticed with alot of the herbal supplements it takes a little longer to kick in to see results, but in the long run its a little "safer/easier" on your body. if you can have some patience and run atleast two bottles of PowerFULL back to back i believe that you will see some positive results.

• Good Recovery.
      • Strength

venom434

typo: Monday through Saturday*

Sal

Posted March 23, 2011
        The few times I took it 30 min pre-workout I felt in the zone, almost in a trans, anyhow every is different enough said. good review.-

Manimal

Posted March 23, 2011
        Great review brotha! I have an unopened bottle of this waiting for me next bulk.

Posted March 23, 2011
        it's great stuff, one of my favorite supplements.

Posted March 23, 2011
        I just started taking this product in conjuction with Pink and Prime. I've taken it for about 1 week and haven't slept this great in years. Just a little input. I appreciate all the honesty on this site.

Posted March 24, 2011
        it's a great website, you can gain alot of knowledge from here.

Posted March 24, 2011
        So wait is this a tesbooster or gh booster?

Posted March 24, 2011
        GH mainly, with some Test.

Again a slight increase but nothing off the charts

Ok so first let me start off by saying unless a supplement is off the charts I'm not giving it a 10. That being said this is a very strong 8.5-9.0. It's as close as it can get. I just finished almost two months of the product. I dosed it at 2 pills a night the first month and a half and recently started taking 3 pills through the end of the second month. I'll start by saying I'm a 40 yr male old who's been lifting a long time. I'm in good shape but Father Time has started catching up with me which is the reason I was interested in this product. So first off here's what the product claims:

Promotes natural Testosterone production!*
        Dramatically increase quality of sleep.*
        Significantly increase endurance.*
        Get more out of each hour of sleep - Feel better on less sleep!*
        Increases blood flow.*
        Greatly enhanced Mind/Muscle connection - by increasing dopamine, the dopamine neurons of the brain are ActivaTed that are essential for normal movement and sensori-motor integration.* Improves athletic movements and increase contractile strength with weight training.*

So that's a lot of claims but I'm gonna hit each one with my experiences.
        TESTOSTERONE INCREASE: 8
        while dosing the product at 2 pills per night I didnt really notice too much in testosterone increases. As soon as I increased it to 3 pills within a week I knew it was working. I sensed an increased aggression, my libido raised, and I started getting some acne. All signs of a test increase. Thumbs up on the testosterone.

INCREASE QUALITY OF SLEEP: 9.5
        Let me start off by saying I work in law enforcement and I work shift work. 6pm to 6am 4days a week so trying to get quality sleep is a ***! I also commute 45 minutes to work. Before taking this product I would Drive home, see the sun, lie down, and toss and turn. Sleep usually lasted 2 or 3 hours and then I was back up. This went off and on all day til I went back to work. Again, after upping the dose to 3 pills I would come home from work, take the pills and literally be knocked out for 6-7 hours minimum. I would wake up feeling the best I felt in years on shift work. Also, as they say the dreaming was pretty crazy.
        ENDURANCE: 7
        I noticed a slight increase in endurance while doing cardio but nothing that was off the charts.
        INCREASED BLOOD FLOW: 10
        Ok so this is where this product truly shined for me. A few weeks back I had a little injury to my shoulder while doing chest. Not sure if I strained a tendon, tore a rotator cuff etc. but I was in pain. So for a few weeks I took it easy in the gym. I felt constant pain daily in my shoulder and was getting worried. Right at that time is when I had upped my dose to 3 pills. Well call it a placebo but after 2 short days of 3 pills the pain had almost fully disappeared? I'm not sure if it was increased blood flow causing faster healing but I know I feel 100% better .
        FAT LOSS: 8.5
        I've noticed a significant drop in bodyfat also since upping the dose to 3 pills. My abs are tighter and pants are loser. Early morning is when its really obvious before I start eating. Its extremely noticeable in the gym as well with vascularity and overall conditioning.

STRENGTH INCREASE: 7
        Again a slight increase but nothing off the charts but I was slightly injured for a few weeks so it mighta been a little different at full strenth.

So there you have it. Overall I think its a great product. It does just about everything it says it does and a little more. I still have a little to go in my second bottle but at this point I had to get the review out there. I'm not sure if this will work on younger guys but if your around 40 it's a MUST HAVE in my opinion.

Cray

Posted February 25, 2011
          Nice review. Too bad it got washed away in a wave of the usual junk.

Posted February 25, 2011
          LMAO!!!! I'm really disappointed by that cause that product was great and I wanted guys to know how good it worked for me. Do you think there is a product SeanMoser hasnt taken?????

Cray

Posted February 25, 2011
          13 reviews in the span of an hour... and +1 rep...

good review.

this product is awesome, and the quality of sleep you get from it is great.

Posted February 25, 2011
          Thanks..I cant emphasize how good it worked for me.

Posted February 26, 2011
          Nice review. I've been eyeing this up ever since a co-worker bought it. I've read some good reviews and now I think I'm convinced to take the plunge and try it.

Posted February 26, 2011
          Thanks for the review man, I'd also like to say thanks for serving in law enforcement too going in after my time in the army anyway, would you say you gained any weight in regard to muscle mass?

krystian

I was less powerful while using PowerFULL

Hi SR!

My last review was on Nocturnabol, and I moved on to USP Labs PowerFULL about a week after; I normally wait at least a week between changing/adding any new supplement to my routine as I feel it gives me a better sense of whether or not something is working.

Sleep....
          Hi SR!

Sleep. I long for the day I can take something non-habit forming, which is good for you, effective, and reasonably priced. So, I've been on the lookout for such a thing, which is how I found out about ZMA, then the Nocturnabol, and now the PowerFULL.

NOTE: I will be starting RCSS Resurrect-PM next week based on Sdunlimited's review of it.

So a little of my research on PowerFULL.

The Product is basically a propriety blend of 750mg in one capsule containing:

Velvet Bean (Bean) Extract [Mucuna Pruriens]
          Chlorophytum Borivilianum (Root) Extract [Safed Musli]

The Velvet Bean provides L-DOPA - the direct precursor to the catecholamine neurotransmitter dopamine: dopamine receptors in the brain are responsible for a wide variety of functions including sexual desire, sleep, mood, memory, motivation and cognition.

The Chlorophytum Borivilianum Extract - may increase levels of nitric oxide, and may confer increased non-specific (innate) immunity. When paired with L-DOPA may promote improved sleep.

From what I've read, even in the study USP Labs funded, the effective dose for L-DOPA was 15-30g, and the Chlorophytum Borivilianum was 1-3g.

So on the face of it, the recommended dose of 3 capsules may get you to an effective level but, the research also states that the actual amount of L-DOPA, not Velvet Bean extract, is what determines it's effectiveness and we don't know how it is standardized in this Propriety Blend, i.e. Velvet Bean has a percentage of L-DOPA and the actual amount is what determines it's effectiveness. I've read the L-DOPA needs to be standardized at about 15% for it to really shine.

Now about my experience using PowerFULL.

Dosing.

I started with 1 cap 1 hour before (1 a.m.) my intended bedtime (2 a.m.) with a half glass of water for the first three (3) days as recommended. I then upped the dosage to 3 caps.

Effects.

I have to say the product was pretty inconsistent for me. At 1 cap - I felt no difference. At 3 caps, generally I would get sleepy but, there were some days I was staring up at my ceiling waiting to fall asleep. When I did have a fairly good nights sleep, I experienced some vivid dreams, and woke up at most twice a night.

On some days, on waking up, I did feel like I'd taken Benadryl so I had a bit of a sleep hangover. Towards the end of the bottle, I felt maybe I'd built up a tolerance or it wasn't working as well, because I didn't get as sleepy or fall into as deep a sleep as before.

I didn't notice any extra morning wood like the Nocturnabol, or even better recovery from my workouts - in fact, some days it was worse because I didn't sleep as well and felt sore.

Value.

I paid $33 bucks for this, which I think is too much. It wasn't even as effective as the Nocturnabol over the course of a bottle. I have read that it's effectiveness could be enhanced by adding valerian root or tyrosine, but I'm not inclined to buy other things to make this one work better at that cost.

Overall.

It didn't work well enough for me, so I can't recommend it.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Vivid Dreams
          • A Bit Expensive
          • Didnt Do Much...

willyb87

Posted January 17, 2014
          Im taking Resurrect PM now and loving it. Also got some samples of one from i believe anataeus labs called oneiromancer thats worked really well but gave me some trippy dreams

Posted January 19, 2014
          Thanks for the review. Keep in mind there are no sleep aids or relaxing agents like melatonin, valerian root, l theanine, etc. this product is more for triggering deeper sleep than actually knocking you out. I usually combine it with L-Theanine and Relora for that reason.

Posted January 19, 2014
          Hey willyb87 - great, looking forward to hearing your experience with it!

Posted January 19, 2014
          Hey iSamurai - yeah I understand that about the product but, that makes it too expensive for me to recommend - plus I rarely got a good nights sleep and most days I woke up more tired while using it.

workoutguru

I was pretty happy overall with this product and felt it helped me a lot

Well this was my first time every taking Powerfull. Been wanting to try this for awhile now and finally got the chance to try it.

I got this for free so it would be easy to give it a 10 but to be fair I would say that I would give this either a 7 or 8 for value. I think the price could be a little lower. You need to look around because I noticed the price varied a little depending on which website you buy this from.

I thought this was a pretty decent product. When I took this before bed I felt it help me start to fall a sleep a little quicker. I also felt like I got a lot deeper sleep at night and when I woke up in the morning I felt a lot more refreshed. I think this helped me a bit in recovery by how I felt in the morning. Also my GH I think went up some but not a real lot.

During the day I felt this helped more with engery and better focus. I did get some weird dreams when I took this. The dreams I got were just dumb and made no sense at all and after awhile I got tired of having them.

I felt this stuff helped me keep some of the strength gains I got from lifting. This also helped me in building some more lean muscle mass.

Ingredients
          This I thought had a pretty decent ingredient profile. Not really sure on what all this is that they put in here but it all seemed to work pretty good for me. I would have to think that the ingredients in this are good because it seemed to work for me.

Overall
          I was pretty happy overall with this product and felt it helped me a lot. I wish I could do another 4 weeks of this so I could get the full 8 weeks on this. I would recommend trying this product. Hopefully I can get back on this again sometime.

Cons:
          • Strength
          • Good Recovery.
          • Improved Focus
          • Vivid Dreams
          • Improves Libido
          • Helps With Sleep
          • Did Not Like The Crazy Dreams It Gave Me

This product left me feeling a little unsatisfied

I came across this product intrigued about improving my sleeping patterns and if it would help get me to sleep more quickly.
          I have had good luck in the past with USPLabs products, and believe they make a high quality supplement for the most part. I truly enjoy most products.

Overall:...

Overall: 6
          This product left me feeling a little unsatisfied. During the first week powerFULL did work pretty good in getting me to sleep. But i grew tolerant of them after a few weeks where they wouldnt really help me get to bed. But i did feel i woke up with a little more energy than usual.

Dosage: 9
          Very easy dosing, i just popped two around an hour before i planned on sleeping. The only reason i didnt give it a 10 was because you cannot have more than 5 grams of carbs within 60 minutes of powerfull.

Effectiveness: 7
          As i said before, they did help in getting to sleep early on but i did grow tolerant. i was able to stay asleep throughout the night and wake up with fairly good energy, so that is a plus! but i did not notice that much of an improvement in recovery and muscle gain. I did start taking Glutalyn and Pro Complex so that isnt a big problem, i was mostly using this for a sleeping agent and possible growth enhancer.

Value: 6
          Not the cheapest product out there, but can be bought online for roughly 30 dollars if you look. In stores, forget about it not worth it for 50-60 dollars. For the result i gained from using this product id say the price is high but it did last me nearly 2 months so i cannot complain too much.

Overall, i would say this product didnt really work too well for me so i more than likely wont be buying it again. But each supplement works differently for other people, USPLabs is a good company so give it a try if youve got a little extra cash.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Helps With Sleep
          • Improves Libido
          • Vivid Dreams
          • A Bit Expensive
          • Didnt Do Much...

PowerFULL was very effective

One of my favorite supplements here. I have gone through 3 bottles of this. Decided to cycle off and currently using ZMA. In my opinion PowerFULL is a better nighttime recovery product.

Taste- The taste is not too bad. Taste should never be an issue. But with PowerFULL it definitely should not bother any pansies. It does have a very strong smell though.

Effectiveness- PowerFULL was very effective.
          Sleep- I used to wake up a couple of times throughout the night. But on Powerfull I was able to sleep the whole night. And Powerfull would put me in a real deep sleep. Lots of memorable Vivid/Intense dreams.
          Soreness- Was never sore no matter how hard i pushed it in the gym PowerFull Took care of my muscles. Also was taking casein an hour before powerfull dosing. But muscles always felt refreshes ready for punishment the next day. Got some good gains while on Powerfull. However I never noticed a difference when stacked with jack3d before a workout, so i stuck to nighttime use.

Value- A bit on the expensive side but not being sore and increased growth hormone levels are worth it.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Improved Focus
          • Vivid Dreams
          • Improves Libido
          • Helps With Sleep
          • Weird Smell

Posted November 23, 2011
          I made this review a while ago but I would like to make an edit. I recently received another bottle of PowerFULL And have tried taking it preworkout again. I take it 30 or 45 or 60 minutes before I workout and I can tell a difference in my workout big time. Really like it I am taking 3 preworkout and 3 at night.