This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Modern Protein

OxyElite Protein Reviews

By: USPlabs

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

OxyElite Protein is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by USPlabs. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Modern Protein
COMPARE SIMILAR

levyii
Rep: -1
  May 10, 2014

First lets start by posting the nutrition facts on this wonderful protein:

Profile: (9/10)

5g Total Carbohydrates

3g Dietary Fiber

1g Sugar

23g Protein

While it may have a bit more fat and carbs than some other proteins on the market, their profile is one of the better ones out there, and it comes from their "Advanced Lean Protein Matrix" comprised of Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and 80% Micellar Casein. A solid blend of both slow and fast digesting protein sources which is why they don't have a separate casein protein at the moment.

Effectiveness: (9/10)

It is hard to determine the effectiveness of a protein since you can't really see whether or not it is helping with maintaining muscle or adding to it. The best way to determine its effectiveness in my opinion is whether or not it fits well into your daily macro and caloric needs. If it does without causing you to go over, then in my opinion, it's doing its job.

I didn't feel any upset stomach or any digestive issues with Oxyelite protein. It goes down well and keeps me full for a good 2-3 hours, until my next meal.

I'm not really aware of any extra "leaning" abilities of this protein, but I have supplemented with protein for years, knowing how important it is to get the right amount of protein on a daily basis.

Taste/Mixability: (10/10)

I chose the vanilla after trying a tub of their chocolate flavor. I've had other brands of vanilla in the past, and all of them left a chalky after taste and didn't quite taste like vanilla. Well this one did me in. Not only does it taste like vanilla, but it tastes like vanilla ice cream, and even more so when mixed with milk

I don't usually take protein with just water either but I can with this one, which speaks heaps on their quality. I often mix it with mint flavored chlorophyll for a mint vanilla shake and even add a scoop of peanut butter from time to time. The taste simply can not be beat.

Value: (7/10)

At $30-32 dollars at most retailers, the value isn't great. For 25 servings, this puts you well over $1 per serving and that's not ideal for a protein powder.

There are many other brands out there that offer their protein at a lower cost, however you can usually get around this as there are many deals that can be found throughout the internet making it worth the while. I also believe you get what you pay for and if you pay for the higher quality products, you get just that.

Overall: (9/10)

Overall this protein is my go to protein. I currently have two tubs sitting in my cabinet and will continue to use it. I have been told that it can be used at night as well in place of a straight casein protein, making it very versatile. I recommend it to everyone and I think SR for giving me the opportunity to review such a great product!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Feeling Full
  • Good Macro Nutrient Profile
pxpxp
  January 19, 2014

*This protein was purchase with my own money and was not sponsored.*
I am a huge fan of protein and take it two to three times a day. I usually take two scoops when I wake up, two scoops after my workouts, and again before bed. Today I will be reviewing USP Labs Oxy Elite Protein (vanilla flavor).

Supplement Facts:---------------------------------

Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 23 g

-Currently I have been cutting and this protein was awesome. As you see above, there is only 1 gram of sugar per scoop. Most proteins that I have used in the past have double the sugar, and still do not taste very good. This protein is great for lean bulking, cutting or just looking to lose some extra body fat.

I am really happy that USP Labs did not add a lot of carbohydrates into this protein, which helps when using this protein as a supplement to your cutting diet.

This protein will benefit anyone's daily macros and will help you feel fuller longer. At 140 calories per scoop, this protein is ideal for anyone trying to cut down their calorie intake. Unlike most proteins, Oxy Elite truly makes you feel full without the rock like feeling in your gut.

Value: (9)----------------------------------------
I am giving this protein a (9) for value because I recently bought it for a New Year's sale at Nutraplanet for $19.99 for a 2 pound tub. However, if you are looking to purchase a tub of this stuff, it will probably run you right around $29.00 +, which is still a great deal.

Effectiveness: (10)-------------------------------
This protein was great on my stomach, and did not cause bloating. After drinking this stuff everyday, it still did not make me feel like I swallowed a blowing ball. Furthermore, the bathroom situation was not jack up either. This protein did not clog me or give me horrible gas. This protein consisted of both Casein and Whey protein, which helped with the digestion.
As you may know, Casein protein is great for a bedtime snack or if you have a long wait until your next meal, due to how it breaks down in your stomach. I could also tell that the Casein helped me sustain my energy and I felt fuller longer.
Taste:

(10)----------------------------------------------
This stuff mixes well! I knew it would when I opened the tub, because the protein appeared to be smaller in size and not as thick as the other proteins I have taken in the past. The vanilla was creamy and only took a few shakes to completely dissolve in my shaker. I was really surprised that my wife added it to her coffee. Usually I add chocolate protein into my coffee, which makes it into a mocha like drink. When she added the vanilla protein into her coffee, it immediately dissolved and tasted like she added vanilla creamer in her coffee.
For anyone who has trouble eating breakfast in the morning, add your protein into it and stop buying that expensive crap (Starbucks).
Another way I tried this protein was by mixing it into a green shake. For all of you that need your fiber, but can't seem to eat enough veggies, then add Oxy Elite Protein into a green shake (spinach, avocado, mix berries, egg whites, oatmeal, and celery blended together), which tasted very delicious. The protein did not clump and supplied the green shake with a smooth vanilla finish. Yummy (and also helps clean the pipes)!

Overall: (10)----------------------------------
Overall, I would tell everyone who likes the taste of vanilla to at least try this protein. I truly believe that you will not be disappointed. I am one of those you hates clumpy protein, and when I find a protein that mixes smooth, I stick with it. This protein is great for males and females who are merely looking for a solid, good tasting, and fairly priced protein. USP Labs have been around for a while and know what they are doing. I could tell that they took their time perfecting this one.

I hope this helps you out next time you are shopping around for a good protein.
–Out- PXPXP
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Feeling Full
  • Good Macro Nutrient Profile
    Brotein
      November 7, 2013

Quick shoutout to Cryo, iSam and everyone else over at USPLabs for allowing me the opportunity to try this as one of the winners of the OxyElite Pro/Protein contest here on SR. Without further ado, it's time to dive right into this one.

Profile: (9/10)

5g Total Carbohydrates

3g Dietary Fiber

1g Sugar

23g Protein

It's a good profile, plain and simple. 23g of protein per scoop falls within the 20-25g range you'd expect, and it comes from their "Advanced Lean Protein Matrix" comprised of Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and 80% Micellar Casein. A solid blend of both slow and fast digesting protein sources.

5g of carbs is a modest amount and it's nice to see 3g of that come from fiber.

The fats that they do have in here are some good ones, including sunflower oil, MCTs, and CLA.

OxyElite Protein is also touted as being "World-Class For What It DOESN'T Contain", straight from the text on the back of the tub. No BS fillers such as creamers, maltodextrin or sprinkles of aminos to raise the protein count. This is a big plus in my book for an ingredient profile that isn't littered by a unnecessary amount of fillers. OxyElite Protein checks out in this category.

Effectiveness: (9/10)

It's been said time and time again that effectiveness from a protein can be hard to tell, and I agree. With that being said, it can still be quantified on a few different levels, which I'll go over here.

I experienced no stomach issues during my use of OxyElite Protein. It didn't feel too heavy in my stomach and I had no trouble fully digesting the protein, regardless of whether it was mixed with water or added to food.

It also did well at helping to hold off my appetite. I would normally use this first thing in the morning or as an in-between meals addition to greek yogurt and it was very effective in this regard. The higher fiber content probably played a part in helping with the feeling of satiation.

I know it says on the tub that it's an "advanced leaning protein" and it does contain CLA, as well as sharing a name with the popular fat burner, but I didn't expect this to attribute any additional leaning effects and as such I won't rate it on these claims.

Taste/Mixability: (10/10)

I chose the vanilla flavor and it was absolutely phenomenal. It might be an unpopular opinion, but I would actually rate this higher than the vanilla version of Pro-Antium, and we all know how great that tastes.

Whether I used water or almond milk, this was great every time and I actually preferred it with water as the protein is thick enough in consistency as it is, so almond milk made it a bit too much so. Mixability was right on par so no complaints there.

I made pancakes with this protein on a few separate occasions and those were good as well.

My favorite use for this protein, however, was hands down with plain fat free greek yogurt and a little bit of water. This was an absolute god-send to the taste buds and I would literally look for excuses to make up this concoction.

The water made for a more normal yogurt-like texture rather than the thick texture of greek yogurt on its own. Just flat out delicious, and I recommend using it this way to everyone.

Value: (7/10)

It is a quality protein, however, so the value isn't completely back-breaking. I'd recommend looking around for a BOGO or something of the sort before buying, and they do happen occasionally. If there were a larger tub of this, perhaps a 5 pounder, that would help the value as well (I'd hope.)

Overall: (8/10)

All in all, this was a good protein. I enjoyed my time using it and would gladly use it again.

The vanilla flavor was fantastic, it has a good profile and macros, no fillers, and a nice blend of different proteins.

The only downside is that it is slightly expensive, but as I said, the right deal does come along every now and then.

Definite seal of approval from this guy.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Keeps You Feeling Full
    • Quality Protein Blend
    • Greater Satiety
    • Mixes Fantastic In Water
    • Good Macro Nutrient Profile
    • 3g Of Fiber/serving
    • Dat Dere Vanilla Flavor
    Manimal

November 4, 2013

This review is long over-due. USP Labs hooked me up with a tub and some samples of this near it's release and I have to say thank you for that. I have been using it pretty consistently ever since trying it and as a busy full time college student, Protein powders are an asset for me. I have gone through 4 tubs of this now.

Let me begin with stating that I view protein supplements as food sources. I do not believe in the post workout anabolic window of opportunity, nor the need for slow digesting proteins near bed during your sleeping fast. I have been practicing Intermittent Fasting (16/8) for almost a year now and I also use Flexible Dieting. As most of you know, I track my calories and macro nutrients consistently and take my diet pretty seriously. So I'll gauge my review on the following categories: Ingredient profile, taste, mix-ability, and value.

Profile: 8/10
    USP brought a basic, yet satisfying, profile to their first ever protein product. I like the macro nutrient profile @ 140 calories per serving. The protein blend consists of 80% good ol' Whey concentrates and 20% Micellar casein (the higher quality casein). Following up with that, you get some CLA, fiber, enzymes, and tasty artificial sweeteners.

If you have seen the write-ups from the company on their star child protein, you'll see where they have tried to uncover the scams going on in the protein market. Many companies will add free form amino acids which can falsify nitrogen tests in labs, allowing them to basically state you are getting more protein in grams than you actually are on the label. Not cool right? Think about paying for 5 lbs of chicken breast and only getting 2 lbs. Not trying to do that with chicken, nor my protein supplements. So props to USP for not taking this route and giving us what we are paying for.

Taste: 8/10
    Yep. USP scored very well here. This is one of the few, possibly the only category, where I do see taste as a higher priority. Using protein powders as a food supplement and being a flexible dieter, I like taste in my diet, specially when contest prepping. Both the chocolate and the vanilla are something to be desired by virtually anyone with a sweet tooth. Although I am more into vanilla these days, I prefer the chocolate flavor OEProtein. It's definitely more on the rich side and I enjoy it with milk, water, oats, or even making protein smoothies. I've even used it as a base for cold cereals, successfully.

Mix-ability: 7/10
    Due to the guar gum, fiber, and casein content, this protein is a tad thicker than your average one. If you enjoy making sludge, you may find that you need more liquid than usual. I definitely love the consistency here though. Some proteins (I won't name any names) are basically like drinking a light chocolate flavored water (gross). I typically use blender bottles, a blender, or even the old fashioned glass and spoon when making basic shakes. Oxy Elite protein, although thicker as mentioned, passes all my personal tests.

Let's face it fellas. We aren't gonna be looking at a dirt cheap quality whey protein any time in the near future. I still dig Allstarhealth as my go-to site and you can find USP labs's OEProtein on there for 30 bucks + flat rate shipping currently. 25 servings per tub at 30 bucks a tup, do the math.... Not the worst price I've ever seen by any means.

I was incredibly happy to see USP Labs put their effort into a protein supplement and get that foot in the door. I've been an avid user of the brand since the release of Jack3d and Recreate, when I was just a highschool student wondering into the gym to do bro curls and bench press every day. I haven't had insane results with every product from them, but I can say I've had more success with them as a whole than any other company to date. I enjoy this protein and I'll continue to keep switching it in and out of my supplement arsenal. Pick some up if you haven't tried it.
    • Good Mix-ability
    • Versatile
      Samazon

November 2, 2013

I got to try a tub of this protein from Isam/SR contest(thanks!) with a bottle of OEP. I have not seen this in stores near me yet, but see it is readily available online.

My goal was to use this throughout the day between meals and after late night lifting sessions, when I want a mixed protein instead of just whey. (To keep me fueled throughout the night).

Taste: This was one of the better tasting protein powders I have used. It was best when mixed with something other than water (I liked it with milk or almond milk, bananas and/or peanut butter). I had the chocolate flavor (haven't tried vanilla yet).

Mixability: It mixes well, with minimal clumps. Blends really thick with a blender and I liked this a lot. It was like drinking a real milk shake!

Price: ?? I haven't seen this on shelves at GNC/Vitamin Shoppe near me, but it goes around $35 online that I can find, which is a bit pricey, but definitely worth the price for the blend that you're getting of both slower and fasted digesting protein sources.

Effectiveness: This tended to leave me feeling quite full and satiated for some time after drinking it. It also helped with muscle soreness (my own subjective opinion) I think better than when I used straight whey isolate for late night lifting sessions. I found that I would wake up much less sore than expected! It is advertised as a 'leaning' protein, and I did use it during a run of OEP; I saw a decrease in BF and dropped water weight while using both products (cannot say that this product alone led to any portion of the weight loss vs. training and OEP alone).

Overall: It may be a bit pricey, but I LOVED this protein and will definitely plan to get it in the future. I have found a great use for mixed proteins and think this product delivers!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Keeps You Feeling Full
      • Quality Protein Blend
      • Tastes Great
      • Pricey
      Raptorbh12

September 2, 2013

I tend to shop around whenever its time to buy proteins. I found that USP Labs Oxyelite protein had a similar cost/protein ratio to Pro-complex as well as a similar time-release protein blend that had milk protein isolate as the first ingredient.
      I tried both the Chocolate and Vanilla flavor which I purchased on my own and not through the Expert Review program.

Taste: 10
      This was one of the best tasting proteins I have ever had in my life. The vanilla was reminiscent of vanilla muscle milk which has nearly double the calories. The consistency was a little thick because of the caseins but not too thick. The Chocolate was fantastic but the Vanilla was by far my favorite. Oxyelite protein is great on its own and I never made it as part of a shake. I did however add to oatmeal one morning which was not the best idea, a little soupy and bland (It was on deployment, I didnt have resources to jazz up my breakfast like peanut butter).

Nutrition Profile: 9
      Each scoop contains 23g of protein, 4 total carbs with 2g of that being fiber, and 3.5g of fat derived from the "Rapid Burn Lipid complex" which is sunflower oil and Medium Chain Triglycerides.It is sweetened with sucralose which is pretty standard for proteins nowadays.
      This nutrition profile fits needs of nearly any niche group of fitness because of its low carb nature and low-fat profile.

Mixability: 9
      I mentioned it earlier but this mixes very well. I did not have the opportunity to mix it in a shaker cup but I funneled it into water bottles and shook for 30 seconds and voila! A smooth, non chunky protein smoothie made using only water.

Value: 8
      Its roughly at $33 per 2lb. This is pretty standard now for 2 lbs of higher quality whey protein and especially protein blends. I do miss the old days when $25 got you 5lbs of Gold Standard Whey Protein.

Overall: 9
      I see myself buying OxyElite Protein again in the future. Its a little pricey and sometimes I cant make myself fork over the bills with a clean conscience for mere protein but for those who religiously hit the weights, its a solid investment. The taste is phenomenal and mixability is perfect. I tip my hat to USP Labs for developing a fantastic protein and I hope they expand on this market and offer more flavors and more types of protein in the future.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Keeps You Feeling Full
      • Quality Protein Blend
      • Greater Satiety
      • Supports Lean Muscle
      • Mixes Fantastic In Water
      • Vanilla Ice Cream Taste
      IronBrother
        July 29, 2013

Okay first off, i dont in anyway want to spam USPLabs reviews, buuuut this protein is hands down my favorite. The hype was definitely USP-like, but i think the ad showing what brands do to thier proteins is spot-on. USP did a great job on this product, especially the profile and taste aspect.

Profie - 10. They rely more on the proteins and flavors which is all a protein should be. They leave out the BCAAs, which actually act as a filler in a protein, the maltodextrin, which has a high glycemic index, and the concentrates at low percentages. They rpovide the concentrate percentage (80%), which is great. They add in CLAs for leaning properties, great but nothing to write home about. I see nothing wrong with this profile and find it to be one of the best on the market.

Taste/Mixability - 10. This is the only protein i will give a 10 for now, as it absolutley tastes like cake with almond milk. I went through 1 tub of choclate and 3 of vanilla. The mixability is thick, but tasty and is enjoyable if you enjoy thicker shakes. My favorite thing about this product, which is what keeps me buying it, is that the sludge it makes is the best thing ever. It makes the absolute best sludge and tastes like cake batter. No other protein has compared (Cellucor,ON,Pro-Antium). I advise everyone to try a sludge with this, but its addicting lol.

Value - 7. TigerFitness has tis for 33 along with a shaker, OEP samples, and Moder BCAA+ samples. Its a great deal, but other than that you can find it for under 30 on a couple sites. I wont pay over 30, because you only get 25 serv and paying 1$/serving is pretty expensive, but im stuck on this protein. I say at least give it a go, it has a great profile and a good name behind it.

Overall, it helped tremedously during my cut. The sludge was amazing after my workouts and the taste was really sweet and helped with satisfying cravings late at night. Easy on my stomach, tastes great, amazing profile, cant ask for much more. Another great product from USP, especially if you love making sludges. Give it a try !

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Protein Blend
      • Supports Lean Muscle
      • Mixes Fantastic In Water
      • Vanilla Ice Cream Taste
      • Marketing Hype
      Clipper83
        July 22, 2013

I walked into Vitamin Shoppe one day needing a protein powder, and for some reason, this caught my eye. I personally thought I would never buy this due to the price being somewhat higher than other protein powders on the market, but I just caved in and bought it anyway. This will be a rather simple review, as Lava and petey have already gone over the product in depth.

I personally did not like the hype that came with this, but I still won't knock the product down for that.

Profile:
      Milk Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, and Whey Concentrate. Nothing special, but at least it is versatile, whether it be post workout or a meal replacement. The macros are fine, nothing special, but not bad at all.

3.5f
      5c(3f)
      23p

I like the addition of MCT's and CLA, but I would like to know how much of each is in there. If USPLabs is trying to market this as a "Leaning Protein", I have no idea why they would rely on CLA and MCTs to promote leaning.

Mix.(9.5/10)

I got no clumps, but the foam was annoying so I took off 1/2 point. The protein itself is slightly thick, which I personally like. Makes me feel like I actually ate something and have some substance in my stomach to hold me over until I need to eat again.

Taste:(9.7/10)

I only got a few sample packets of the chocolate, and tbh I did not enjoy them as much as others did. They were not horrible by any means, but they had nothing on MTS, Wheybolic, or Super Sport.

Vanilla: the Vanilla was awesome. I thought it tasted more like a cake batter or something similar. I would go as far to say that it was the best Vanilla protein I have ever had, but I had a sample of RCSS Vanilla Pro-Antium and still need to go through a tub of that before I make my decision on that.

Either way, the vanilla is very enjoyable and the thick texture made it even better. Tasted best in unflavored almond milk for me

Effectiveness:(9/10)

No digestive issues, at all. Not much to write here. I guess I could go on and say that it is a great snack option, as it keeps you full with its thick texture/3 grams of fiber. Not much better than any other protein out there.

Value:(7.8/10)

This is slightly overpriced imo. Although it has a solid/versatile blend, I bought this for $35+. That was at VS however. Online you can find this for around $30, not including shipping. Not horrible, but it can't compare to ON GS.

Overall:(8.5/10)

In the end, it's just another protein. The taste is awesome and the thick texture was enjoyable(for me at least). I think the CLA/MCTs aren't a bad addition, especially if you make this a staple, there is just no reason for it to be called a "Leaning Protein". I recommend trying this out, at least once. I'll be buying this again.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Keeps You Feeling Full
      • Quality Protein Blend
      • Greater Satiety
      • Vanilla Ice Cream Taste
      • No Clumping
      jmlstocks
        July 10, 2013

First off, I'd like to thank the USP guys: ISam, Cryo, & of course Adam for both the free tub of protein, along with the additional samples I was given. As reps, they represent their company well and are a great resource.

Onto the review: This product was touted as a "leaning protein," the first of its kind. Since protein is a staple supplement that we all take, I really do in theory like the idea of a leaning protein, if it had all the right ingredients in it since I often times take protein before a workout, after a workout, and sometimes for an in between snack. I've had fairly good experiences with USP on most (but not all) products, but I was skeptical of the "leaning aspect."

Mixability: 4/10: I pretty much had to physically scrape the residue off my blender blades after each shake, this part was very annoying. I would have rated it worse in this aspect, but in all fairness, my past experiences with Casein protein are that it blends terrible, so this is the likely culprit.

Taste:
      Chocolate: 7.5/10 You really can't go wrong with chocolate in a protein shake. This wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst I've tasted, but decent tasting. It blends extremely thick, so more water than usual is advised

Vanilla Ice Cream: 10/10 I don't think I've ever given any product a 10 for flavor, but they hit an absolute home run with this flavor. Vanilla is a hard flavor to get right and I usually have very low expectations, but I actually craved this flavor it was so good. For somebody that puts a lot of emphasis on taste, this IMO would be the biggest reason to buy this product. While I consider taste, it isn't my primary reason for buying.

Cost: 6/10 Based on bodybuilding.com's prices, it comes out to 1.32/serving. Comparatively ON's Gold Standard comes out to 1.00/serving (2 lb bag). Its not terrible, and I understand it has a couple extra goodies, and if those extra goodies made it worth it, I'd be fine with the cost.

"Leaning Aspect": 2/10
      This one wasn't really fair to begin with. There are no miracle supplements that aren't stimulants, I believe this was too much for even USP to conquer. I've tried CLA even for a year and I was no leaner after the year, than at the beginning. This product also contains Sunflower Oil and MCT's that are supposed to lean you out over time. Am I any leaner now than when I began this protein: nope-and I purposely didn't change my diet or exercise routine. The only reason I didn't rate this aspect any lower is that I do know that CLA has been proven to work for some people, just not me.

Effectiveness: 7.5/10
      I didn't count the "leaning" aspect in this score as I buy protein for the protein. Effectiveness is a tough thing to judge in a protein, but the only thing I can effectively judge it on is my recovery ability. While I have found some differences in different proteins, I would say this one's recovery was somewhere in the middle. There is research that shows that a fast protein (whey) combined with a slow (casein) improves recovery. The recovery this gave me was alright, but just alright. I have found that the proteins with added bcaa's and glutamine tend to give me much better recovery which comes as no surprise.

I think USP made a noble attempt at what I feel has a kernel of a good idea. I think the idea of a leaning protein has some legs behind it, but I just don't feel like the right combo of supplements exists at the moment to accomplish such a thing.
      If I were to make a couple suggestions, and this is just my personal opinion. My first is to make it naturally flavored protein (Stevia) or even adding Dextrose which I add anyway as my fast carb would work. Our goal in working out is to be healthy and I feel that all the artificial stuff takes away from that.
      My second suggestion is added aminos. I have found a noticeable difference in proteins with added bcaas and glutamine. I supplement with them anyway, and would be willing to pay more for a combo type of product.
      The biggest selling point of this product no doubt was the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. If you haven't tried it, its worth buying just to taste this flavor.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Keeps You Feeling Full
      • Vanilla Ice Cream Taste
      • Artificial Flavoring
      lava135

July 4, 2013

A special thanks to ISam and Cryo for choosing me as a winner in their contest thread. Thanks guys!

I need to write a small intro on why USPLabs marketing drives me batty. It's kind of like marketing on steroids; I'm pretty sure that you'll test positive just reading it. ;)

USPLabs calls this an Advanced Leaning Protein. I assume that this is in part, because of the inclusion of CLA and MCT, two ingredients that are commonly found in weight loss products. Unfortunately the actual results for either of these ingredients are hit and miss with people and quite frankly of such limited value that I would rather not see them in here at all. I understand marketing – it's a necessary evil. But in this case, the name, label and marketing was tied so closely with the OxyElite line, that it really ended up shifting the focus (in my opinion) to a really sketchy area – the promise of potential weight loss and ended up obscuring the fact that is a totally legit protein supplement, period.

So really guys, quit shooting yourself in the foot by having to always come out with the latest and greatest – call me crazy, but sometimes just having a kick-ass, no frills, no gimmicks, no novel or ground breaking ingredients that I have to Google, high quality supplement that does exactly what it should do is, well, genius. But hey, what do I know – my favorite protein flavor is vanilla, lol.

Ok, moaning, hair-pulling and gnashing of teeth is over. On the good stuff:

Profile: 8.5/10
      Serving Size: 36g (25 servings per tub)
      Calories: 140
      Protein: 23g
      Carbs: 4g (2g fiber, 1g sugar)
      Fat: 3.5g

This is a pretty robust blend of ingredients: protein, carbs, fiber, fats, enzymes, gums, flavors, sweeteners, etc. It's worth noting that USPLabs goes to great lengths to focus on what isn't in this blend – maltodextrin, creamers, added amino acids, etc. and this also resonates with me. And while I won;t go quite as far as USPLabs and call into question the profile of every protein out there, it is a valid point. But keep in mind that even this profile isn't anywhere close to what I consider the platinum standard in lean and clean - Muscle Feast. Personally, I don't get even a little concerned over the fat and carbs. There are other isolates out there that have <1 grams of fat and carbs (RCSS Isotropic Max or MF Premium comes to mind) if that's what you want. Still, I think the amounts are relatively meaningless for me personally as whatever negatives people may think about 3.5 grams of fat can easily be overcome within your daily macro intake. There are far more important things to consider other than a few grams of carbs or fats and for me, that's the daily picture. So again, I had no trouble fitting this into my nutrition. (And I have one thing to say to anyone who moans about the 35 calories from fat – Really dude? Can I have that pop-tart?)

As I said earlier, USP touts the inclusion of CLA and MCT. I won't go into the details of the studies that I've read quoting effectiveness for these, but suffice it to say that they exist; however, I'm personally pretty "meh" on them for various reasons. If you want to give MCT or CLA a try, then buy them individually; in a protein supplement I find it totally unnecessary and of questionable applicability within the context of this blend. (I personally use MCT oil but I find CLA totally ineffective.)

So why did I rate this so highly? Because this is a high quality blend of milk protein isolate, 80% whey concentrate and micellar casein. All three are solid ingredients and I especially like that the purity of the concentrate is listed (80%) as it they can go quite low - big kudos to USP for resisting the more common trend of combining a few grams of 6-7 different proteins. Also a big plus is that they use micellar casein instead of the cheaper calcium caseinate that is more commonly found in low priced blends. And while there aren't whey isolate or hydrolyzed proteins here, all in all, it still contains 3 high quality protein choices that I've used individually in the past.

Taste&Mixing: 9.5/10
      This is, without a doubt, the best mixing vanilla or chocolate protein I ever had for mixing in water. It is as rich and creamy in water as many of my proteins are when mixed in milk. (Although the more cynical among us would point out that if you add enough fats, gums and sweeteners to a product, it's going to taste good.)

I've said this elsewhere, but if there is a leaning aspect to this protein, it's how delicious it is when mixed in water and thus saving the added calories from milk. I found it to have a greater than normal satiety effect. If this were packaged in individual serving packs, I would carry them with me for a quick snack on the go any day of the week. It's that good. And isn't that one of the most common downfalls of people's diet – they just don't enjoy eating or drinking many of the food based supplements they incorporate into their weight loss program and thus eventually fall of the wagon. I don't see that as ever being a problem for me with this protein. I'm still holding Pro-Antium up as the best tasting protein that I've ever had, but this one is certainly no slouch in the taste department.

There was no clumping and the consistency was smooth and rich. When mixed in coconut or almond milk it was like drinking a thick shake so I had to add a little water in if I wanted it thinner.

How effective is this? Well I bought 4 more tubs with my own money. If you know how cheap I am, then you can infer how effective I felt this was. I'm currently using almost all RCSS proteins but this provides me with a slower acting protein to fill the gap, especially because of the milk protein isolate and micellar casein. Where it really excelled for me was as my late morning or afternoon snack. Typically I would have consumed about 300 calories for my snack but using this with water gave me the same results at half the calories. So using this twice a day really allows me to shave about 400 calories. Is that the leaning aspect that people are after? I can't say what's in the minds of others, but I will speculate that it's the higher quality ingredients that provide me with the nutrients I need far more than anything I got from the CLA or MCT (both of which I've used in abundance in the past so I think I'm on solid ground in making that statement.)

Recovery is on par with other proteins and had no digestive issues. Used in conjunction with my normal training and nutrition I saw no decrease in strength. I use diet to support my training, not the other way around, so overall this met or exceeded my expectations for performance.

You can find this for sale as low as $28.00 per tub. That's $1.12 per serving. Let's take a look at some of its competitors per serving prices: ON Gold Standard - $1.01, Dymatize Elite $.92, Allmax Hexapro $1.08, iForce Protean $.85, Muscle Milk $1.40, Trutein $.70, etc. So as far as whey concentrate blends go, it's in the upper echelon of price per serving. However, in this case I'm going to agree with USPlabs Marketing department in that a big part of its value is not only what you do get (3 high quality proteins) but all the junk that you don't get.

I absolutely would recommend this. It's a solid, top tier protein that has functionality way beyond "leaning". It's an excellent choice for post workout, during the day or nighttime. Top quality proteins, no garbage or fillers, great taste and mixing, what more could anyone want? So do yourself a favor and look past all the hype. I don't think you'll be disappointed but if you are, blame Cryo. Just kidding – you won't be disappointed.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Protein Blend
      • Greater Satiety
      • Supports Lean Muscle
      • Helped Me Reduce Total Calories
      • Mixes Fantastic In Water
      • Marketing Hype

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.