This product has been reported as discontinued.

OxyElite Pro

By: USPlabs

It can be a tricky decision when it comes to picking a thermogenic as it seems that every single company has their own version. Examining the ingredients, its even harder to pick as it seems that they're all just pixie dusted to give you that 'stimmed-out' Sensation to make the product seem more effective, but when it comes to Oxy Elite Pro, they seem to have gotten the blend just right.

Taste: N/A

Mood/Feeling: 9.6/10
One of the very...

Taste: N/A

Mood/Feeling: 9.6/10
One of the very first things that are noticeable when you start using OEP is an elevated mood. I, along with many others that have reviewed and discussed it have noticed that same 'Zen' and alert feeling. Anything that puts me in a better mood during a cut is a + in my book.

Ingredient Profile: 9.4/10
USP started another trend by using 1,3-Dimethylamylamine in their blend and it was a nice overall addition from an energy aspect. There's 100mg of caffeine as well, so this isn't for the stimulant sensitive.

Effectiveness: 9.7/10
This is my favorite over the counter thermogenic to date. Of course a large portion of the results are attributed to my diet and training for the duration of the cut, but this certainly helped Accelerate the results. Another thing I noticed was that it seemed to have a diuretic effect as well. I've used it both with a moderate carb, low carb, and even a CKD style cutting diet and all three are effective.

If you're looking for the closest to normal feeling, then go the moderate carb route with a slower fat loss pace. If you're looking for the fastest results possible, then of course go with the CKD but keep in mind the mental difficulty and lethargy that goes along with it. For most, I would recommend a low carb approach with about 100g a day, with the majority of your carbs coming post workout.

Sides: Low to Moderate
Personally, I have a pretty high stimulant tolerance so the amount of stimulants weren't an issue for me. There was also a hot feeling with a little extra sweating but that was easily manageable I experienced mild anxiety only a couple of times, as well as some occasional mild heart palpitations, but other than that, it was a smooth ride.

Value: 8.9/10
This is the only con that I could see for this product. For the majority of those that use it including myself, the effectiveness is worth the price. Don't get me wrong, the price isn't bad at all, but compared to some other products it can be a little steep.

Overall: 9.5/10
USP did a fantastic job here when they released OEP. They took their concept of their concentrated pre-workout (Jack3d) and applied it to their thermogenic, which resulted in a smaller capsule size and less capsules to take a day. Add in the appetite suppression that seems like you almost forget to eat sometimes and the mental focus, and that adds up to a winner. If you're looking for a cutting supplement and have a moderate to high stimulant tolerance, OEP is worth a shot.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Thermogenic
  • Fat Loss
  • Increased Focus And Concentration
  • Diminished Appetite
  • Increase Performance Of Workouts
  • No Crash

February 12, 2011

Nice review bro,really value your opinion,would you say this is the best otc thermo?
      February 12, 2011

Yes, this is the best OTC thermo that I have tried. I actually add Green Tea extract and CLA to the stack as well.

If you're more stimulant sensitive, then consider trying Recreate which is my second favorite OTC thermogenic.

Don't know what it is about USP, but they got their thermogenics right.

• birdman2211
      February 12, 2011

Solid review as usual petey!
    • chochanegra
      February 12, 2011

Great review petey but i guess it doesn't work the same way for everybody.check out my review on it
      February 12, 2011

I just read your review and I'm wondering the same thing that Marco was; What was your diet and training like?

February 13, 2011

Thanks for the reply,besides oep and recreate what would your next favorite thermo be?
      February 13, 2011

If talking strictly over the counter, if you can find it, Diablo ECA is damn intense and surprisingly effective despite all the products with watered down ephedra ingredient profiles.
    • Meuth

Qualtiy review!
    • chichistrong
      February 13, 2011

Nice review bro, now on what weight range would you consider to use this? I weight 177 and I would like to use this to get cut, but I don't really wanna lose muscle ya know?
      February 13, 2011

You can use it at any weight range bro. The key factor in determining fat loss vs. muscle loss is going to be your diet. If you cut your calories too low, you'll be more likely to lose muscle mass on your cut.

• DNRCMO
      February 13, 2011

Nice review...have you done this before? :)
    • Roger035
      February 14, 2011

Nice review. I just finished my cycle yesterday and I had alot of the same info as you did. I'll post later on this week.
    • jrdudley73
      February 14, 2011

I'm a collge football player. I have gotten too big and dont fel comfortable playing at the wieght I am at. I am 315 ad I wanna get down to 280, would this be a good supplement for me to take?
    • jrdudley73
      February 14, 2011

I got to pay more attention, I completely just butchered that whole question.
    • JHoff27
      February 14, 2011

In relation to the increased sweating, did it cause your pits to sweat when not working out? haha like just chillin around the house?
      February 14, 2011

@jrdudley: Yes, this would be a good choice for anyone looking to cut up, just keep in mind the possibility of a false positive with any stimulant based product when dealing with the NCAA.

@JHoff: I personally never have gotten the 'pits' problem regardless of on a supplement or not. The main thing I noticed was the 'warm' feeling associated with the thermogenic properties, and that I seemed to sweat easier.

• jgrant23
      February 14, 2011

Great review man. I got a couple questions for you cause you seem to know what your talking about. I've purposely been bulking up for the past couple of months to try and win my schools bench competition and have got where I wanted to be for that but now unfortunately I'm definitely seeing myself as big as I've ever been, just at about 200. My 6 pack has gone to a 4 pack and I usually stay around the 180 range and want to get back. Now that I'm starting to diet again and get in better shape I was going to give this a try to help me get back to a more lean and cut physique. Just wondering if you recommend this or any different supps, I have never taken anything like this. Sorry for the length..
      February 15, 2011

@jgrant: This would be an excellent choice for a cutting phase following a bulk. What you described is a traditional bulk/cut cycle and I don't see any reason that this wouldn't be an appropriate product to help you get back to your previous body fat.

Combine this with a sound nutritional descent plan, keep the core lifts heavy to help maintain muscle mass and don't try and cut weight quickly for best results.

• accramer

Hi Petey,
      I'll echo the others and say thank you for such a thorough review. I'm getting ready to start my first cycle of OEP and am also coupling with CLA. How did you stack/dose these together during the day? Thanks again for the great feedback.
      February 15, 2011

@accreamer: Thank you for the positive feedback. I dosed a total of up to 3 caps a day on the OEP and 4 grams of CLA perday.

I dosed 2 caps OEP and 1g of CLA 30 minutes before breakfast, the second dose of OEP 6-8 hours later, 2g of CLA pre-workout, and 1g of CLA with supper.

I have also grown quite fond of adding in Lean Extreme to combat cortisol and have found that it helps significantly with cutting.

February 15, 2011

Great post! I know I'm super late on this but Im just about to start a cycle of my own! I'm 5'9" and recently reached an all time high weight just over 200 pounds! I'm looking to get back to where I use to be around 175 to 180 lbs. I'm starting a workout routine of cardio in the mornings and weights in the evening. Eating breakfast around 7 and lunch around 12 when is the best time I should take the OEP and how many a day? Any bit of advice would be well appreciated! Thanx!
      February 15, 2011

@Ebroled: Dose 1-2 capsules at 6:30 and an additional capsule if you feel up to it around 2 on an empty stomach.
      February 15, 2011

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated!
    • Eyetalion
      February 16, 2011

Awesome post! I, too, am late to reply, but I'm 5'10" 205 lbs male and some people at the gym have been recommending oxy elite pro to me, I was wondering a) if it has a history of negatively effecting the heart and b) what would my doses be?
      February 16, 2011

@Eyetalion: It will be the same dosage as I referred to Ebroled. Does 1-2 capsules 30 minutes before breakfast and an additional capsule 6-8 hours later in the afternoon.

As for negative heart effects, there really shouldn't be any aside from the possibility of an increase in blood pressure (as with any stimulant) and possible heart palpations (forceful heartbeat). Other than that, the typical side effects that can happen is anxiety, jitters, and sleeplessness if you take it too close to bed time.

• Eyetalion
      February 16, 2011

Does OEP dehydrate you? is it true you need to drink around 170 fl oz of water a day to keep up with the water being using by OEP?
      February 16, 2011

One more question petey, if I may. Is it necessary (or do I need) to take a multivitamin when cycling the EOP?
      February 16, 2011

Yes, any stimulant based product has the potential to act as a diuretic, so I would advise aiming for at least a gallon of water a day.

• Rhonlynn
      February 17, 2011

I started it today, cause of the reviews on this site. Yours was solid and informative.
    • Axisgg
      February 17, 2011

I was actually wondering if it was possible to use tonalin cla with oxyelite pro .... i'm not going to like od or something right? lol I figure with tonalin it's pretty safe as far as taking both right?
      February 17, 2011

@Axisgg: Yes, you can certainly add Tonalin CLA or a simliar CLA product to your stack including OEP. As a matter of fact, I've done so numerous times myself and recommend it.

• rnelson
      February 17, 2011

Nice review, very helpful. I'm trying to simply burn fat and lose weight, not necessarily add muscle mass at this point. I've been on OEP for one full week now and am down 5 pounds. My question is, I'm doing an hour of cardio a day, eating a low calorie diet, lots of protein and little carbs, am I on the right track here to lose 20 pounds or so? I'm a healthy 35 year old, 5'10, 205, and want to get down to about 175 in a decent amount of time. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
      February 17, 2011

@rnelson: This is a more detailed answer than I can give in the reply box for this supplement review. I suggest starting a topic in the forum and we'll be happy to assist you there.

• rnelson
      February 17, 2011

@petey7408 Cool. Thanks. Posted this time in forum under cutting.
    • Brian444

Hey Petey,
      Sorry for the late reply but I got a question about OEP. First of all, I am in the worst shape of my life. I have a lot of fat around my belly that I have been trying to get rid of. I started the product monday on top of running everyday, and eating a healthy lo-carb diet. I immediately felt the effects. I sweat more, I have more energy, and I can even feel the burn in my stomach area!
      Do you think OEP is the right fit for me? Do you think it will help to get rid of the gut I have right now? Also, any advice on fat burning exercises and the best foods to eat while using OEP?
      Thank you so much in advance! Much appreciated!
    • jcr2001
      February 18, 2011

Thanks for the review Petey. Can I ask for some advise: I just started on the path to getting fit: I'm 5'11 and 280 lbs. I started a routine with a friend of weight training 3 times a week, and i do some incline training 6 days a week as well. (that's the plan) I take the AMP Recovery Shake twice a day (morning & evening) and I just started the Oxyelite Pro today. Label says start with 1 pill a day for 3 days I guess to see how my body will react top it. Anyways, my question is, anything you recommend to use or do for maximum weight loss? Thanks bro. Appreciate your expert advise.
      February 18, 2011

@Bryan and JCR: I'd be happy to advise both of you, but please start topics in the dorum for me to do so. It will be much easuer to advise there.

• VS2SouthLLC
      February 18, 2011

Petey Is it Ok to take the MegaMen Sport VitaPack while taking OxyELITE PRO?
    • gayathriv
      February 18, 2011

Great review ! You seem to be the goto guy for this ! I have 3 ques. Did / Has the weight come back once you stopped taking it? Does it help lose water weight alone or actual fat burn? Can I do 2 back to back courses and then take a break? Thanks bro !
    • Gkhn0
      February 18, 2011

Nice review! I wonder that would u suggest OEP to 148 pound weighted guy ? Besides, i haven't much fat. Can i get big help turning 4 pack to 6 pack and lean muscle from OEP?
    • lson27
      February 19, 2011

Hi There! Loved the review thank you for providing such honest feedback! I'm actually going to get some tonight before going home after reading your review. Quick question - I saw that you said you took Tonalin CLA while taking this. Could you recommend the brand name/shop that you buy your CLA from? I read before there's a lot of bogus CLA out there and stopped taking the one I bought from the Vitamin Shoppe. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • trooper
      February 19, 2011

Really good review!! My questions about this product are answered!
    • miabrentley

Can you please help me with usage of this product? So I workout :
      Mondays, Wednesday and Friday at 6 am
      Tuesday and Thursdays at 3 pm
      Saturday at 8 am..
      When should I take pills?

This product is currently one of the best (still legal) OTC fat burners out that I have tried. I gave this product 8's accross the board because its not revolutionary, the lbs dont fly off without putting in the ground work and its not a cheap supplement either.
    However, with a hypocaloric diet, you WILL lose weight while using this product. It has a combination of 3 proven stimulants to include 100mg of caffeine, and rauwolscine (yohimbine derivative) and Dimethylamylamine which is the stim found in Jack3d.
    When using OEP, I noticed an increase in core body temperature, increased focus, and excessive energy. I was able to power through workouts with ease and lost bodyfat while retaining muscle.
    I have gone through about 3-4 bottles so far and I am very pleased overall with the results since many fat burners dont benefit fat loss at all where this one actually benefits the user.
    I do like the fact they included Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia Canescens L. [Leaf And Root])but I do have to mention that it can make cardio difficult since it puts excessive strain on your heart and can make a normally leisurely jog feel like a death run.
    The appetite suppressing effects are definitely there but they seem to wear off halfway through the bottle. If taken first thing in the morning, you might have to force yourself to eat breakfast.
    This product is very potent if you are not used to taking products with alot of stimulants in them and so some people might experience insomnia if they take this product within less than 6 hours of bedtime.
    There are plenty of places now to get a bottle for a reasonable price so shop around online before you commit to a purchase since the prices range wildly. Just DO NOT buy from a retail store such as GNC or Vitamin Shop unless your an employee.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Intense Thermogenic
    • Fat Loss

• IamAlex
        December 6, 2010

How much fat/weight do you think you've lost on this?
      • Raptorbh12
        December 6, 2010

When I ran this alone during a cut, I dropped about 10 lbs. I did not have much bodyfat to lose already though so those 10 lbs were substantial.
      • toolhead
        December 6, 2010

Nive review Raptor. Very thourough!
        December 6, 2010

Outstanding review,you really help people save money by telling them not to buy it from places like gnc,most people just assume get ripped off
      • ddb2794
        December 6, 2010

When you say still legal, are you implying that it may not be on the shelves much longer?
      • Raptorbh12
        December 7, 2010

Yes, I am implying that this probably won't be legal in 2 years. What's the number 1 fat burner from 5 years ago?? Try 1 year ago, fat burners are often abused and so unfortuneately they experience untimely demises.

It almost feels useless to type up a review on OxyElite Pro when there are over 370+ of them, but I'll throw mine in the bucket as well...

I originally purchased a 90-count bottle of OxyElite Pro in an attempt to cut some weight I gained after doing an H-Drol cycle. I was going to also go through a pretty intense diet and high cardio workout plan. Needless to say, I got great results.

Value : 7/10 - I purchased the 90-count bottle for $38.00. It's technically a one month supply, so it isn't too expensive, but at the same time, like every other supplement, it could be cheaper. But compared to other 'Fat Burner' products, it's not too shabby.

Pill size/Taste 9/10 - The pills are purple, and smaller than normal sized capsules. There is no taste to them, and no aftertaste burp after consuming them also.

Effectiveness : 9/10 - Giving a product a 9 is really good coming from me. I rarely/never give out 10's, but OxyElite Pro really surprised me. I started off my cutting cycle by only consuming 1600 calories a day, consisting of almost no carbs, 2 bowls of mixed fruit a day, and cooked lean meat such as Chicken breast or Steak for lunch and dinner.
      I also was doing cardio 6 days a week, running approx. 3 miles a day in the morning, and at night I would do a short weight lifting session just so I wouldn't lose any gains I made during my H-Drol cycle.
      At first I took one pill when I woke up, and another one 3 hours later, and the last one 3 hours after that. I did this for 5 days until I felt I can up the dose. It made be sweat considerably more than normal, and it supressed my appetite not too heavily, but just enough. After the 5th day, I would take two pills upon waking, and then a pill 3 hours later and another pill 3 hours later. I know that USPlabs only recommends taking 3 pills a day, but at this dosing, I felt it working the best for my body.
      After two weeks I had dropped 8 pounds. I couldn't believe it. Each morning I weighed myself exactly at the same time, and I was surprised how fast I was dropping weight. At this point I ordered another bottle of OxyElite Pro just so I could extend the cycle since I was taking 4 a day. I stopped taking it after I was done with the first 90-count bottle, which lasted me a little over 3 weeks. I lost a total of 10 lbs, going from 212lbs down to 202lbs. I wish I would have taken body fat %'s to find out exactly how much fat I lost.
      So after this bottle, I tried another product, Shred Matrix, and I absolutely hated it. I got no increased energy, my appettite wasn't supressed, and it was as if I was taking sugar pills. So after a week of that, I started up OxyElite Pro again. After doing another 90 count bottle, I am now at 194.6lbs.

Overall : 8/10 - OxyElite Pro assisted me greatly in cutting, and I am surprised how much weight I've lost. I'll admit that my strict diet and heavy cardio based workout routines most likely played the greatest part, but I am confident that this product allowed me to drop more weight than I would have if I hadn't taken it. I would have given it a higher rating, but it wasn't the magical weight loss pill that some claimed it to be. I'm sure I would have barelly lost a couple pounds if I kept up a bad diet and didn't exercise.

I definitely recommend buying OxyElite Pro.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fat Loss

• Wrestler152
          July 23, 2011

Thank you for reviewing this, now i dont have to go over 80 pages of OEP looking for a decent one.
        • Showtime88

Good review man
        • escohard11
          July 23, 2011

So i just finished my 90capsule in the directions it says to wait 4 weeks before i start it up again. Do you suggest anything meanwhlie im off of it?
        • 852AmpUp
          July 23, 2011

Is it possible to take this and not lose weight and just burn fat ?
        • Tsunami2k
          July 23, 2011

Sure, as long as you aren't calorie defficient and are doing the proper weekly workout routines
        • rickwarrior
          July 24, 2011

I have just started oep I
          First 4 days I took one capsule at am n one capsule in pm. Then from 5th day I increase dosage to two pills.
          I have started it from Monday, m I want to ask I go to gym 5 days a week do I hv to take 3 pills 7 days a week on those days also I don't go to gym. I have one question in mind that do we have to taker the recommend 3 pill dosage everyday. I mean to say I go for workout 5 days a week m rest for 2 days . So I have to take it 7 days a week, 3 pills a day.
        • lonerst0ner
          July 24, 2011

A little about me before asking questions: I'm 19, 5'6 and my weight fluctuates between 107-110. I run a mile on the treadmill 5x a week, I do the P90X ab ripper x and other random workouts, I'm always moving. However, I've been battling anorexia so I'm kind of weak and have heart palpitations.

I want to lose some belly fat & create abs. Would you recommend this product to me? If not, what WOULD you recommend?
        • rinkesh
          July 24, 2011

Thank u for such an informative review.
          I have a question ie i have just finished one bottle so now when is a good time to start with the second bottle.
        • Tsunami2k
          July 24, 2011

I personally liked running two bottles right after each other. But most people wait 4-6 weeks before starting another cycle of a fat burner
        • gayathriv
          July 24, 2011

Hi, thanks a lot for the review. I had 2 ques, grateful if you could ans them. Did / Has the weight come back after you stopped it? Also did you lose inches too or is it just a trick to lose water weight which comes right back? Thanks !
        • bpatt24

Lonerstoner

Do NOT take this supplement. Although it works great you are not in the right condition to take this. I know from experience...I battled anorexia for 5 years. This will not help you it can seriously hurt you! If you have any questions email me at bpatt24@yahoo.com!
        • txmarie
          July 25, 2011

I see most people posting are weigh lifters, bulking up. I have no desire to bulk up, just want to lose fat..and maybe some toning..i started OEP on the 26th of november, weighing 173 lbs (i am 5'10) this morning I weighed in at 169lbs..i drastically changed my diet, and have yet to add a steady workout plan, however, I stay busy. not a couch potato! lol
          all that being said, is this product right for me? And have you noticed a loss in inches?
        • VonBoom
          July 25, 2011

Nice review. Very helpful. I've had a sample bottle sitting in my medicine cabinet for a month. Still deciding whether to use it..
        • johnelong
          July 25, 2011

I will be starting my cut phase with OEP. The instructions say take 1 capsule 30min before breakfast, and do not take with anything else. I will be on my way to the gym 30 to 45 min later. I'm using Jack3d is it safe to take with OEP?
        • miabrentley
          July 25, 2011

And how did you do when you had cardio workout? Did you take before workout or?
          I have cardios in the morning, so I dont know when I should drink it...
        • snobordr
          November 22, 2013

@ lonerst0ner
          I'd be careful taking caffeine based supplements if you're already having heart palpitations. That might be something to talk to an actual Dr. about.

I finished a bottle of OxyElite Pro about a month ago and I was very pleased with the results. Though not a magic pill, OxyElite Pro is definitely a strong fat burner and here are my experiences with it:

BACKGROUND:

BACKGROUND:
        I have been bulking for more than a year now and it was time to do my first diet. Before starting my diet I was weighing 172 lbs, with some fat around my chest and belly.

DIET:
        My diet was very clean; high protein, decent fat and low carbs. I ate 6 times a day with lots of protein in each meal, carbs only in the morning + post workout shake and fats mostly before going to sleep. Troughout the diet I had an estimated calorie deficit of about 500-700 Kcal.

I stacked OEP with USPlabs Pink Magic and Creatine to maintain as much muscle as possible. I also used some Green Tea Extract capsules in the morning and Fish Oil capsules in the morning + before going to sleep.

WORKOUT:
        My workout was weightlifting 4 times/week and morning cardio 2 times/week with 1 day off. For the weightlifting, muscle groups were shared in 4 different days and I usually did sets of 6-8 to maintain strenght.

GOALS:
        My goals were mainly to lose extra fat from bulking up, and some of the chest/belly fat that's always been there. I was also hoping to get to see at least a little part of my abs.

DOSAGE:
        The first morning of my diet I only took 1 capsule to see its effects. It didn't feel bad so after that I went straight to the maximal dosage (2 in the morning + 1 4-6h after) and kept that dosage during the month.

EFFECTS (+):
        Right after starting to use OEP my weight started to drop at an average rate of 3 lbs per week. I could definitely feel that it was working. I was losing water weight immediately.

I was often feeling quite hot, and at the gym I always had a lot of energy. I was also sweating a lot more than usually. I was feeling quite concentrated all the time, a clear stimulant effect.

I felt some of the appetite diminishing effects. I was sometimes hungry but not often, I was still eating 6 times a day!

OEP also gave me a lot of energy which is necessary on a diet. I didn't experience insomnia as I took my last capsule around 4 pm usually.

EFFECTS (-):
        A worrying effect of OEP was a very high heart rate. After heavy bench press sets my heart was beating so fast sometimes that I got scared and I was feeling quite dizzy. My performance was ok but 1 set felt like 3 sets at once.

An annoying effect I also experienced was vasoconstriction. It's not dangerous I think and it's very common with stimulants, but the fact that my penis shrunk to the size of a shrimp after taking OEP was not very nice :P. This effect diminished after the cycle.

I also noticed some mood swings and angriness during the cycle. This can be also related to eating less, but I sometimes got very angry for unimportant things. Sometimes I was very emotional which is not usual me!!

WERE MY GOALS REACHED?:
        Yes and no. I went from 172 lbs to 159 pounds in a month. 13 pounds in a month was not bad, actually it was too fast. Quite a lot of the lost weight was water weight I would say. I didn't get to see my abs and didn't lose much around my chest but of course, cant expect wonders from such a short diet! Next time I should run it for 2 months, but do it more slowly.

Stacked with Pink Magic, I was able to keep most of my strenght and muscle. Some strengt was lost after the diet though.

Check my BEFORE/AFTER picture here to get an idea: http://img217.imageshack.us/i/beforeafterx.jpg/

OVERALL:
        Overall OxyElite Pro is a very strong fat burner, and I can recommend it to everyone who want's to lose weight quickly. If you are sensitive to stimulants try another product. Be careful and don't go max dosage right away, it's very potent!

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Intense Thermogenic
        • No Crash
        • Lost Excess Water Weight Immediately.
        • Diminished Appetite
        • Increased Focus And Concentration

March 8, 2011

Solid review,keep them coming just like this one.
          • Cray

Well done!
          • madhungry
            March 8, 2011

This is what I like to SEE!!
          • BigWill93
            March 8, 2011

So wait, your not supposed to take this right before your workout?
          • powerpants
            March 8, 2011

Not really, but some people do it that way to maximize their energy for the workout. OEP gave me energy for the whole day so that wasn't necessary for me and as I workout in the evening, taking it as a PWO would've caused sleeping problems probably.

As I was preparing to start my 10 week travel season for my job I knew I wanted to begin a moderate cutting and maintenance period. I was pushing almost 200 lbs. upon completing my first ever bulk cycle, so I set a goal for myself of getting back down to 190 lbs. without losing any muscle mass. I decided to take OxyElite Pro to aid in my cut cycle. OEP was my first ever experience with any thermogenic or specific weight-loss stimulant.

DOSAGE & SIDES:
          I started off dosing one pill of OEP in the morning and one in the afternoon. After about three weeks I increased the dosage to two morning pills and one afternoon pill. A full 90 pill bottle took me a little over 6 weeks to finish.

First off, I will admit I was a bit skeptical when starting this product. I had recently discovered that I was very tolerant to most stimulant supplements, none more so than USP Lab's Jack3d. Indeed, 3 scoops of Jack3d barely affected my energy-levels, so I was concerned that this would also be the case with OEP. Wow, was I wrong. OEP is absolutely not for the stimulant-sensitive individual. During the 6 weeks I took this product, I experienced a platitude of side effects, including:
          Insomnia
          Wet Mouth
          Jitters
          Nausea
          Anxiety
          Sweating & Warm Sensations
          Racing Heart

It was not an entirely pleasant 6 weeks, I assure you, although almost all the side effects had abated by the middle of week 4. I do take a small dose of anti-anxiety medication as is, and I will say that OEP did increase and exacerbate my already existing symptoms. Additionally, OEP wrecked my sleep cycle for the first week I was on the product, made me sweat almost non-stop for hours on end, and caused me to constantly want to spit. Additionally, if I was not careful to eat between 15-30 minutes after taking the morning dose, I would experience heavy feelings of nausea and illness and often would not want to eat for hours.

In short, this is not a product to screw around with. I stacked OEP with Green Tea Extract and CLA, along with my usual regiment of Fish Oil, Multi-Vitamin, Glutamine, and a protein blend (MHP's Probalic-SR for this particular cycle).

EFFECTIVENESS: 8.5/10
          Despite the negative sides, OEP certainly delivers on its promises. I lost, in total, about 8 pounds of fat and no muscle by the end of my 6 week cycle. I was noticeably leaner in the waistline and had gained muscle definition throughout my arms and chest. I experienced a notable decrease in appetite which was helpful in maintaining my caloric intake and keeping my diet as clean as possible.

Although 8 lbs. might not sound like a lot, I will say that I am pretty tall (6'2") and have always been fairly lean. I am by no means in ideal shape, but I was certainly not overweight and did not have a ton of excess body fat to lose. My main problem area was (and still is) my stomach, due in part to a hereditary malformation that causes more of my weight to distribute to my body's lower half. Since completing OEP I feel like my stomach is more flat and tone than ever before.

VALUE: 8.5/10
          A 30-day supply of OEP will run you between $35 and $40; not a small sum. That equates to a daily cost of around $1.30. When compared to similar products, OEP falls in the middle of the price range. Lipo 6, for example, will only cost you $30 for a 2 month supply, while Animal Cuts is a bit more comparable at a cost of $32 for a mere three weeks of pills. It should be noted however that OxyElite Pro has one of the most respective and highest rated profiles on just about every supplement website. It is widely renowned for being a great weight-loss supplement from a reputable company. Although I wouldn't consider OEP a must-have for someone looking to lose weight, I would recommend the product to anyone with the money who was looking to try a thermogenic.

OVERALL: 8.5/10
          As stated, OEP is certainly at the top of the weight-loss supplement market. Users should beware of the potential side effects of OEP and should prepare themselves accordingly. I would not recommend this product to anyone with a high sensitivity to stimulants, nor to someone who is exCEEdingly obese (for heart health reasons). For intermediate to advanced lifters looking to shed a few pounds or for individuals with a solid workout routine in place looking for additional support in their weight-loss goals, OxyElite Pro can be a solid addition to one's cutting stack. It is important to understand though that this product is not a magic pill, nor will it simply cause fat to "melt away". Hard work, a clean diet, and dedication are required in order to Maximize the effects of OEP.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Fat Loss
          • Intense Thermogenic
          • Diminished Appetite

• Blade410
              October 27, 2010

Very nice broski! Keep it up!
            • BirdmanFTW
              October 27, 2010

Nice review, though I will say that if I were taking anti-anxiety medication I wouldn't be messing around with stimulants and thermogenics. :P
            • Beinamonster
              October 27, 2010

I had the same side effects when I took this!!! It's a very strong supplement!! Good review bro!!

Yes, it is another OEP review. I wasn't going to write a review, but i have a tip or two that i haven't seen in any reviews. Plus, i might win a bad ai supplement review t-shirt. To start off i found OEP most effefective when i would wait atleast 45 mins. before i would eat. This would make the effects last a lot longer, for me anyways. Now, down to the results. Those of you who checked out my Cut Cycle Journal have seen that i made a huge change in appearence over the last couple of months. With proper diet and exercise i droped around 30lbs in a little over 2 months. And OEP assisted very well in that process. And i would rate the individual weight loss properties as followed:

Appetite surpressant:10/10 this was what i found the most effective result in OEP. I would have to force myself to eat. I was rare for me to be hungry. If i was planning a cheat day, i would not take OEP since i would not have a appetite for even the best of junk food.

Energy:10/10 Oep gave some serious energy, I would be energetic all the way until my second dose. It was a good, clean energy.

Thermogenic property: 10/10 OEP worked excellent as a thermogenic. Definatley drink a lot of water while taking OEP. Sometimes i would break a sweat just sitting down.

Fat Loss: N/A It is really hard to tell if this actually burned fat or if i just lost fat through my diet.

Overall: OEP is worth the money for the Appetite Surpressant alone. All the other properties are just a huge plus. I will always run OEP during my cuts.

Side effects: Other then the hot flashes, Libido loss seems to have occured during taking OEP. I know there have been other people say they have experienced this to. I could tell a huge difference in libdo, Im 20 years old, I should be as h0rny as a jack rabbit, but while taking OEP im not. :(
            Another side effect was when i first started taking this i would wake up with some bad stomach cramps. When this happened, i would just eat some sort of carb ex. Banana, piece of bread, etc.

I hope this review is helpful to the 3 people who have not tried OEP. Any questions just ask me.

July 5, 2010

Solid review big broski worm! I'm sorry you experienced libido loss dude, i didnt personally. Mine actually went up :/
              • AlimentalFRK
                July 5, 2010

Good review man, but thats really unfortunate of the loss of your libido..Im surprised you experienced that
                July 5, 2010

It is cool, it is still worth it. It may have just been from cutting calories and being to tired at night to "wink wink".

Hahahaha
              • 22inchpipes
                July 5, 2010

Not sure where your fats were, but when cutting those can be down just like calories (as you mentioned) and create a lowered libido.

Its a natural reaction by the body.

Nice review - and work on your part.

I personally don't notice any libido loss from OxyE.

Good info pipes. thanks.
              • cleveman
                July 6, 2010

Nice review. I also had decreased libido with my first 60 day cycle (for about 2-3 weeks). But, I have not had that problem with my second cycle of OEP.
              • OneKoolKat
                July 6, 2010

Nice Review! How many per day were you taking...
                July 6, 2010

2 first thing in the morning and 1 around 3 p.m. Check out my "cut cycle" journal to get a very detailed look at everything.
              • OneKoolKat
                July 6, 2010

Can OxyElite Pro Affect your blood pressure?
              • blackicebro
                July 6, 2010

Bigworm, my libido didn't go away but my erections did. I love the product, this and chills were the only issues I had with the product. I took it for 2 months and I am on my month off of it, and taking Mega T Green Tea and thing are .... how can I say it...back UP!!! :)
                When I start taking OEP next month, I will take it with Mega T and hopefully I won't have the issues of getting it up. Otherwise OEP is a great product. Went from 258 to 230 so far.
              • johnalca
                July 7, 2010

Hey bud I pretty much had the same review of OEP. I'm naturally full of energy or convince my self I am full of energy.. I am looking for a fat burner what would you recommend. skanless35@yahoo.com

thanks.
              • kuch
                July 7, 2010

Hey man im having the same problem with getting "it" up and right now is not the best time for me to not be getting erections ive stopped it and its been a week and it hasn't fully came back. how long did it take for you to get ur libido back to normal
                July 7, 2010

Once i raised my calories and fat up a little bit, it went back to normal.

Manimal

Ok, i finally have some time to sit down and write my review for this. I bought this based on all its reviews of course, i just had to give it a whirl! I came off my winter bulk after gaining 6 pounds of solid muscle and a little bit of fat as i usually do during the winter and the holidays.. You know how that goes haha. I finished my 90 count bottle about 3 weeks ago. I started off with 1 pill in the morning 30 minutes before breakfast and 1 pill 8 hours later before another meal. I stacked it with Mega-T Green Tea Extract, CLA, and Fish Oil. After a week i started building a tolerance so i upped it to 2 pills in the morning before breakfast and 1 pill later in the day before another meal. I'm gonna be a little brutally honest on this thermogenic. It wasn't what i thought it would be. The way alot of people reviewed it was as if it was a magic pill and of course i am no stranger to that topic as i have been taking fat burners for years. I know there is no magic pill but i thought this might come close and with my hard work and time put into weight training, cardio, and diet, this would be nothing short of mind blowing. But it wasnt. It was just really good. I lost a total of 8 pounds and 2% body fat and it was all in the first 2 and a half weeks. So i am now down to 168 and 9.5% bodyfat which is really good so i was very satisfied with this product as it worked. For the two weeks after that i stayed the same but lets face it, when you get down to that low, it's really hard to get completely ripped especially with my genetics. I even ran a CKD while on it and it took me about a week to get that down (since it is a very tricky diet) and also did 20-25 minutes of HIIT cardio 4-5 times a week, sometimes first thing in the morning after a dose of this and a protein shake. I have come a long way in 5 years. I used to weigh a whopping 225 going into highschool at the age of 14. So i'm not unhappy with this product by any means, i just dont think it lived up to it's hype. Kinda confusing, i know. Anyway, on to the effects. I didnt get jittery or crazy energy like a few reviews said most likely because i have a decent tolerance to stimulants. But i did experience clean energy throughout the day and if i took the pill any later than 5:30 p.m. I couldnt sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning which really came back to haunt me for a week while taking this. The body changes while sleeping and i didnt get enough sleep to lose weight until i realized i needed to take the last dose earlier in the day. After that the pounds started dropping quicker. The appetite suppressant in this product DID live up to the hype. I was never hungry but i have experienced that on other fat burners such as MHP Dren. My appetite experiences with this and also Dren were very similar. My appetite was as if it never existed in the first place. The main ingredient that i think is what makes this product different from most fat burners is the Bauhinia purpurea L. It wAS Researched and said to increase thyroid T3 and T4 levels, Essential hormones of fat breakdown. I did feel like i experienced a little bit of anxiety during the first week while on this and i have seen where a few others have as well. But it decreased and was a small price to pay for the weight i lost. I did experience the hot and heavy sweats thermos are supposed to give you but only when i got in the gym and started my warmup routine. Some people said that within the half hour of taking a dose, they felt like the room temp went up 100 degrees and they were sweating just sitting there but everyones body will react differently to thermogenics and all supplements for that matter. So i guess you could say i have mixed feelings on this product and that i could have done a few things better such as sleep and the mastery of the CKD. But all in all, i really do like this fat burner and I'm positive i will be taking it again in the future. There is a very slim chance you will completely lose your moneys' worth on this product as it is priced just right and seems to work for the majority of people. I am now cycling back on to my Jack3d pre workout and stacking it with Recreate, the mega-T Green Tea Extract, CLA, Fish Oil, and AMP wheybolic and i am slowly but surely, seeing further results. With the help of this and Recreate, i am gonna be ripped for the first time in my life for summer! USP is solid!
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Right Price
              • No Crash
              • Diminished Appetite
              • Fat Loss
              • More Sweat During Workouts
              • No Jittery Energy
              • No Headaches
              • Clean Energy Throughout The Day
              • Easy To Take

• bigfella

Great review

Thanks man
                • SoulMonkey
                  May 24, 2010

Paragraphs help, Manimal! Aside from that, I'm really wanting to try this product and your review seals the deal. Great job!
                • Blade410
                  May 24, 2010

Nice review broski! Keep up the good work and don't look to gangsta in your photo!
                  May 24, 2010

Lmao maybe i should look into paragraph format soulmonkey, thanks for the tip and the respect man. Blade- thank you as well bro and dont worry, i wont be getting a gold tooth or anything for my missing one haha, just an expensive surgery!
                • CMelanW
                  May 25, 2010

Good review man.. This is proof that certain supps affect certain people diff... I like the thermo in OEP but like the appetite supression better in Recreate.. Sweet review man

For sure dude, Thanks!
                • costinj1129
                  May 25, 2010

I just bought this and higher power micronized creatine. how should i stack the two? or should they not be taken at the same time?

I'm a 22 year old female who is just trying to flatten and tone the belly a little bit. I just finished my first bottle of OEP and I am SO HAPPY with this product that I had to share my experience. I have been working out really hard and eating right for the last year but I've still had issues getting rid of the layer of fat on the stomach. A friend recommended OEP to me so I decided to give it a try. I was taking Jack3d and immediately stopped when I started OEP since they shouldn't be stacked together. I kept taking the Abdominal Cuts that I was taking though with no issues. I kept my diet and workout the same yet I lost 4 pounds in the first 4 days I used the product and I have TONS of energy. I'm going to try to keep this brief yet detailed.

PROS:
                - It absolutely WORKS. It burns fat and you will notice when you step on the scale. You have to work out and eat right to see the results. This is NOT the miracle pill you've been looking for that you can take while eating twinkies and lose weight.
                - It is a great appetite suppressant. I had to start keeping a journal with everything I ate when I realized one day that the only thing I had all day was a protein shake. You will forget to eat and the cravings for sweets will go away.
                - I got to keep my energy. I got so much energy using Jack3d but it didn't dwindle one bit when I started taking OEP. Love it.

CONS:
                - It's VERY potent. Maybe it's just because I'm not normally a caffeine junkie, but if I take 3 pills in a day, I cannot sleep at night. I had to start taking only one in the morning and one in the afternoon so I could sleep!
                - Makes peeing take FOREVER. Minor inconvenience and probably TMI but when the guys were complaining about it, I shrugged it off. It's the same with females though!
                - Sometimes I get a tad bit nauseous on it but not nearly as bad as I felt on Hydroxycut or the other supplements I've tried. It's very minor.
                - It's a thermogenic. So sometimes you'll feel kind of hot and other times you'll feel a little bit chilly. It's kind of weird not too drastic.
                - Made me a little anxious. Nothing major, but you are definitely more alert and focused than usual so this could go under the PROS category as well.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons of this product. Besides that, just make sure you stay well-hydrated. I am very happy with this product. I recommend it to all of my friends. Please don't buy it at GNC like I did though. It's a ripoff! You can buy it online for so much cheaper.

Good luck and I hope that this review was helpful to somebody. :)
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Intense Thermogenic
                • No Crash
                • Lost Excess Water Weight Immediately.
                • Euphoric Feeling - Felt Very Happy
                • Diminished Appetite
                • Increased Focus And Concentration

• jthayer1

Great review!
                  • chris004

Great first review !!!

Well done, miss.
                    April 13, 2011

Great review from the female side of fatburners.
                    one question WHY are you on them? you look great to me just sayin.
                  • chichistrong
                    April 13, 2011

I am pretty sure you browse the site a lil before you posted your review lol... very good review IMO.
                  • stellarblond
                    April 14, 2011

Wow, thank you everyone :) I'm glad my review was helpful.

and to answer kroberts9's question, I started taking OEP because I've always had a tummy and it's so hard to tone it up. I had hit a plateau. OEP helped me break that barrier though. Thank you for the compliment though, that's really nice. :D
                  • katy14
                    April 14, 2011

Amazing review, i went and got it after i read this, im 22 and am not fat at all but i still wanted to lose some weight, when u worked out did i make u feel sick or lightheaded? i did my first workout on day 3 because i wanted to get used to it a little and i felt awful thru most of the workout but i wanna push myself because i think its just my body getting used to it... only on day 4 but already feel great
                  • andrew17019

Great review!
                  • kris65
                    April 14, 2011

Great review, nice to see a different perspective
                  • BG1988
                    April 14, 2011

Why cant you stack jack3d and oep?
                  • stellarblond
                    April 14, 2011

Wayyy too many stimulants. I had enough trouble sleeping just taking OEP...and that was when I only took 2 pills. I never got up to 3. I couldn't imagine taking Jack3d with it as well. It's definitely not recommended!
                  • jeffthenry
                    April 15, 2011

Nicely done. I dont plan on ever taking OEP, however, I cant stop reading the reviews. Good stuff.

Whats up Guys My name is Markell, I Originally started Oxyelite because I was getting a little beefy from taking Cell Tech. The strenghth was great but the water weight I hated. I was always wanting to take OEP but really had no reason to. So after Cell tech I finally had a reason.

Height- 5'8"

My starting weight was 175
                  Max Bench- 320
                  Weight Lifting-3 days a week
                  Cardio-2-4 days a week

The first two days of me taking OEP, I immediately seen it was working. I was urinating constantly, getting rid of all the water weight from Cell Tech. Since most of the weight I wanted to get off was water, I dropped instantly. Not only that I was sweating a lot more when lifting and running. The first 3 weeks it really kept my eating down, I would eat a small meal and be good for hours at a time. Being that I always ate big meals it really help me cut down, surprisingly it didn't affect my bench press,if it did it was slightly, cause I'm still lifting the same. But It also make me a little sick to my stomach. That was one reason I wasn't eating so much. After about 4 weeks I seen it wasnt suppressing as much so I moved to the max dosage (2 in the am, 1 5-6 hours later) this helped for the last 3 weeks of the bottle.

Ending weight-166.2

I finally got the look I was waiting for, the look of my profile pic lol. I felt like I was running longer, my muscles were more definded without losing much size or strength, plan and simple, they hype is true....OEP works.
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Intense Thermogenic
                  • Fat Loss
                  • Increased Focus And Concentration
                  • Diminished Appetite
                  • Increase Performance Of Workouts
                  • Lost Excess Water Weight Immediately.

• lilrhino
                      May 19, 2011

Sorry about the grammar, I was playing NHL lol!!
                    • Beinamonster

Nice reveiw.
                    • jdthered
                      May 19, 2011

Great review bro, OEP in my oppinion is one of the most egit products on the market. Surprised you like cell tech tho lol
                    • robeeen

Nice Review :D
                    • lilrhino
                      May 19, 2011

Thanks guys its my first one lol but yeah it really is great. As for Cell tech, I didnt care for it too much thats why I didnt finish the cycle.
                    • tonetham
                      May 20, 2011

Sup, i like the review. From my understanding this product helps curb appetite. so my question is, is there a way to maintain current muscle mass and any tips of what should we eat and how many times a day? did you notice any muscle mass decrease?

Ok sr.com i finished my first bottle of OEP and that means its time to rate it. Fisrt off a little background info on my years of thermo/fat burners. I started using stim back in 1999 my first one was the Original RFA-1.Ephedra was a suprior fatburner and the ECA diet was top notch.After ephedra was banned from fatburners I found a little supp shop tha sold 25mg ephedra hcl, so i bought it and stacked it with white willow bark and caffine and made my own ECA Stack.since then i have tried them all from Hydroxycut to hotrox and nothing compared to ephedra til now.

Lets get in to it. I broke down this review into a few different categories starting with taste and texture.

taste/texture 7.5/10
                    Now I bet your wondering why taste its a capsule. The directions say to take 15-30 min before a.m meal on an empty stomach. when i did that i kept burping up the taste of natural barks and root flavor.texture was great the it was a very small pill that was able to slide right down with out that plastic feeling that other supps can have.

Next for me is the value
                    value 8.5/10

The cost of OEP is not that bad for a 90 count or 1 month bottle i was able to find it at just about every online supp store for under 35.00. Now in my mind 35.00 is not that much for a quality product such as OEP.The only problem I had was I could not find the 180 count bottle besides GNC for over 65.00 thats the only reason why the value dropped.

lastly effectiveness
                    effectiveness 8/10

I gave OEP a 8/10 do to the fact that I'm not sensetive to stims and the first dose gave me the great euphoric feel that older ephedra based thermos gave me. The only problem is I had some mild insomnia for a week and a half. I did build a tolerance to it rather quickly.On ability to HELP you lose weight it was great!This pill helped me with solid diet and cardio routine. THIS IS NO MAGIC PILL BY ANY MEANS.OEP seemed to help aid in the burning of fatty tissue that sits above the muscle unlike other thermos that have helped with the fat stored under your muscles.

In summery OEP in my mind is the strongest thermo/fat burner on the OTC market today,but does fail in commparasen to old thermos and other diet supps.
                     Pros:
                     Cons:
                    • Intense Thermogenic
                    • Fat Loss

• joeoftwins
                        March 4, 2011

Nice review..I loved the old stuff too with the ephedra,caffeine,and aspirin. That stuff just melted fat away. Nice Job
                      • telltruth
                        March 4, 2011

Decent Review of a good product that is highly recommended by myself. In regards to the effects and results from the product, there is a reason why it is a highly reviewed and rated fat burner and diet "assist".
                        Your input on this supplement is highly appreciated and it is my hope that others will be able to benefit from your review.
                        March 4, 2011

Thanks guys. I love the pill for what it is and with solid motivation its a beast among sheep in my mind.
                      • RichMyers
                        March 4, 2011

Very thorough review, I wish that more people would do as good a job,
                        March 4, 2011

Thank you sir.richmyers. i wanted to try to explain that diet pills only help you need hard work as well. i love what everyone here does so i tried very hard on this one.you,bigworm,cray,
                        manimal,petey and my boy reinger all of you guys have help elevate my game. so thank you guys and i hope i can continue some great reviews.
                      • kevO
                        March 5, 2011

Good job bro.
                        I can tell it worked by your avatar ; )
                        March 5, 2011

Bro i noticed when i answer the oep questions with a fat dude people crap on me. only if they knew i was 210 at 16.4% bf lol.

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.