Home > Categories > Amino Acids > BCAA > USP Labs > Modern BCAA

USPlabs Modern BCAA

Modern BCAA USPlabs
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (77 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Ingredients:

L-Isoleucine
Aminogen

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

SciVation Xtend Reviews
Xtend (112 Reviews)
SciFit Gluta-Lyn 1500 Reviews
Gluta-Lyn 1500 (52 Reviews)
9.2
Dymatize Recoup Reviews
Recoup (26 Reviews)
Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Reviews
Purple Wraath (42 Reviews)
8.9

Products in the same category:

BSN Amino X Reviews
Amino X (36 Reviews)
Optimum BCAA 5000 Powder Reviews
BCAA 5000 Powder (14 Reviews)
ALRI Chaind Out Reviews
Chaind Out (13 Reviews)
Universal Animal Nitro Reviews
Animal Nitro (12 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

USP Labs Modern BCAA+ Buy 2 Get 1 Free ($17.99 per tub)
http://bodybuilding.com/store/usplabs/modern-bcaa-plus.html You can get 3 of on...

"new Modern BCAA plus + by usp labs watermelon flavor a must try!
Im not an expert reviewer but I tried alot of supplement. this new modern bcaa p...

USPlabs Modern BCAA At GNC For 18.49 With $10 Off Instore Coupon.
Get USPlabs Modem BCAA at GNC for 18.49 with $10 off with instore coupon. http...

USPLabs Modern BCAA+ Buy 2 Get 1 Free ($18 per tub after coupon)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usplabs/modern-bcaa-plus.html It is back on a...

Buy 2 Get 1 Free USP Labs Modern BCAA ($17.99 each new formula) *EXPIRED*
http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/usplabs/modern-bcaa-plus.html That is a great ...

USPLabs Modern BCAA $18.81 - 1 Flavour
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/modern-bcaa-428-grams.html Not a bad...

USP Labs AP, Protein, and Modern BCAA CHEAP on nutraplanet
http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/usplabs/ AP-$18 Modern BCAA $15 Protein...

New USPLabs Modern BCAA+ New Formula, 150ct
Just happen to come across this on tigerfitness.com. It looks like they have a n...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Modern BCAA is an intra-workout branched chain amino acid supplemement. What makes it unique is its 8:1:1 ratio of the three BCAA's, designed to activate mTor. It is a valuable tool in promoting protein synthesis, preventing catabolism, reducing cortisol and increasing performance at the gym.

Modern BCAA Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Modern BCAA Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Excellent Recovery (68)
    • Great Bcaa Ratio (62)
    • Less Soreness (60)
    • Good Value (55)
    • Tricky Mixing (22)
    • Poor Mixing In Water (19)
    • Bad After Taste (13)
    • Makes Shaker Bottle Smell Weird (12)
    August 10, 2012

Reviews: 49

August 10, 2012
     For the longest time I was not a huge fan of BCAA mixes only because I've never really noticed much of a huge difference when using them. Well I can honestly say, USP Labs has nailed a solid BCAA mix with a great profile and it certainly works.

Ingredients/Profile- 9/10- So I really dig Modern BCAA's ingredient profile. They use a 8:1:1 ratio and include glutamine along with an electrolyte blend. You get 10g of Amino's per scoop with the added leucine and glutamine which are two of my favorite ingredients in any intra workout/post workout shake. Now what I really love about Modern BCAA is when you go down to the additional ingredients you don't see 10+ fillers and other garbage companies throw in their intra's. What you see is 3 lowly ingredients. Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, and Sucralose. Its a pretty raw blend and not highly processed. You can tell too when drinking it because you don't have an overbearingly sweet taste. Some intra's I have used are extremely sweet, to the point where I don't like taking them. This wasn't the case with Modern BCAA but I'll get more into the taste in the next category.

Taste/Mixability- 8/10- So you certainly get the classic BCAA and leucine taste but its something I can live with. I had the fruit punch flavor and it was not bad at all. I usually sip on my BCAA's throughout the day so I'm constantly getting a steady stream of aminos and it was nice and refreshing. It was also nice because my water didn't change colors and I didn't have 50 billion people asking if I was drinking windshield washer fluid. The mixability was no better or worse for me than other intras. You really can't rate something like BCAA blends low because of mixability. Anything with leucine mixes rough. With that being said it only took a few minutes of shaking and by the time I was at work or the gym everything was gone. So overall taste and mixability were pretty solid.

Dosing-9/10- I love the dosing on Modern BCAA. First off its just two scoops before a workout. Which gives you a total of 35 workouts. Which is 7 weeks if your on a 5 day split. Its as simple as that. Two scoops and your good to go. No certain amount of scoops if over this weight, or if your doing this type of program. You just lock and load which makes it so much easier. I'll echo another reviewer and say I wish all supplements could be this easy.

Effectiveness- 9/10- So I feel the effectiveness of Modern BCAA was really more than what I expected. I have tried BCAA supplements before and never really gotten much benefit out of them, but I had a different experience with MBCAA. I felt less DOMS the next day, and felt better overall endurance during my workouts. I had practically cut out whey protein too, and had already been taking huma pro, so I was able to gauge MBCAA's effectiveness pretty easily. I certainly felt less fatigued while working out and much better hydrated. No dry mouth or anything like that. The biggest plus for me was reduction in DOMS and sometimes even no soreness the next day. Even on leg days after heavy squats which is a huge plus.

Value- 9/10- I think this may be one of the better priced Amino products on the market. With a true 35 servings/workouts you get 7 weeks. Which is great. Like I said no tricky dosing just the two scoops. The price is about 24/25 bucks a pop which I feel is incredible compared to other bcaa products. Your looking at .71 cents a serving which is a pretty solid deal. And again one that is going to be pretty tough to beat on the Amino market.

Overall-9/10- So I know its not some crazy new product, but I feel MBCAA needs a solid review. I really enjoyed using it and have more already in route. I liked the flavor and the simple and effective ingredient profile. I feel for the price its offered at and how well it worked MBCAA should be a staple in every lifters gym bag. Certainly a solid product by the boy over at USP labs. Have a good one guys.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Excellent Recovery
    • No Additives

Reputation: +3478
      Still using this product! Right now, specially, since i'm at a major caloric deficit and daily cardio puts a beating on my legs. This stuff is making a difference for me right now more than ever.

Reputation: +3478
      And nice review, as always homie.

Joined: 11/2011
      Reviews: 49
      Reputation: +1326
      Thanks man. And I can relate, I've been a pretty hefty caloric deficit as well and this was making or breaking most of my recovery. Good stuff for sure.

TheDivine1
      TheDivine1

Joined: 8/2012
      Reputation: +1
      Great review mane! Really found this helpful as I was looking into buying this.

littlebear34
      littlebear34

Joined: 7/2012
      Reviews: 15
      Reputation: +316
      Great review! When I used this product, I had a difficult time mixing it. The first time, I used cold water and it hardly mixed. It looked like a bunch of styrofoam was floating on the top. It tasted like dook, too. Then I started mixing it in warm water and refrigerating it before my workouts. It worked much better that way.

iSamurai
      iSamurai

Joined: 2/2012
      Reviews: 12
      Reputation: +809
      Nice review bro...MBCAA is hands down my favorite intra, never fails.

line6reed
      line6reed

Joined: 1/2012
      Reviews: 45
      Reputation: +1988
      i just got this stuff along with the jack micro it was free im currently using purple wrath hopes this is as good i plan on using purple wraath during workouts and this after

December 5, 2010

Age: 20

December 5, 2010
       This product easily ranks as one of the most effective supplements I have taken to date.

I am somewhat new to the Intra/BCAA supplement category, but have experience with products such as Dymatize Recoup and Controlled Labs Purple Wraath. Out of the three I've tried, This one scores the highest in recovery and mixability. I really liked Recoup alot because of it's mixed B vitamins along with a full flavorful taste and good recovery. But I found that MBCAA has better recovery, without all the dyes and with a very tollerable taste. The taste is debatable and very hard to compare to anything else, as this is micronized and not like any other BCAA flavor/texture on the market. The taste is very light and smooth and the powder is so fine, it is almost like dust. You can tell as soon as you lift the container, that it is light as a feather. When I got my InnerCircle release order, I thought they sent me empty tubs at first. That's how light it is.

So with the IC release, I got a tub of each flavor (3) and also a tub of the new white blue raspberry Jack3d for 50 bucks with free shipping (This was a historic deal) and have so far gone through 1 and 3/4 tubs. It runs for about 30-35 dollars a tub, depending on where you buy from and 1 tub gets you 35 workouts/servings. I mixed 2 scoops with a half gallon of water and drank it throughout my workout, but this is can be used pre/intra/post workout or really any time of the day to keep up the intake of aminos. I recommend basing around the workouts though to get more value from it.

The grape-bubble gum is not as tasty as the GBG Jack3d, but It is not bad by any means. It got a little old for me about half way through the tub but that's no biggy. The unflavored is obviously designed to be taken with other supplements such as protein powders, pre workout supplements, or flavored sport beverages such as gatorade. I had the Drive to try it with just water alone and man, don't make this mistake lol. Just an experiment is all. The white blue raspberry seems to be the winner in taste. Very refreshing and pleasant to sip on or chug during a workout.

The recovery- Beyond satisfying. For those of you who go hard and heavy on leg day until you have to tip-toe to the parking lot after a gym session, this supplement will impress the hell out of you. Every leg session, it seems next to impossible to fatigue even when doing movements like stiff leg dead lifts, front squats, and drop sets of Hack squats. Safe to say, I may not go into another leg session without MBCAA for a long long time to come because I can simply lift more weight with shorter resting periods and continue to recover faster so I can get back in the gym faster.

The ingredients are unique and legitimate.
      The 8-1-1 ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine works better than any other ratio I have tried. Sustamine (L-alanyl-L-glutamine) is also included in this product, which is a more stable and water-soluble form of L-Glutamine. USP Labs claims that the reason for using this form is because up to 65% of regular L-glutamine can be destroyed before it reaches the muscle.

Modern BCAA is versatile, cost-efficient, and very very effective! I highly recommend it fellas.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Greatly Reduces Doms
      • Versatile
      • My Best Friend On Leg Day
      • Outstanding Mixability
      • Excellent Recovery
        taysab23

IamAlex
        IamAlex

Reviews: 20
        Reputation: +949
        So you'd give this one a nod over Purple Wraath?

Thank you guys.

@IamAlex- Yes sir. Altho i have only sampled wraath several times, i still feel that MBCAA takes the cake in terms of recovery.

kubitzky10
        kubitzky10

Reviews: 29
        Reputation: +567
        Manimal scores again with a kick ass review!! cant wait to try this myself

rizkallah
        rizkallah

Joined: 10/2010
        Reputation: +2
        hey manimal, i am taking after shock as a post and jack3d pre, do you think it is worth it to take this as an intra as well?

Reputation: +3478
        @ Kubitzky- Thanks man! I think you'll really dig it.

@ Rizkallah- I don't take it all the time on smaller muscles when using Jack3d and a good post workout shake, but You can bet that i always take this on leg day, regardless if i'm taking a pre/post supplement. When i'm cycling off stims/pre workout supps, I take MBCAA every single workout. When i am taking pre/post, i take it on leg day and back day (bigger muscle groups), and maybe on days where i am doing some Drop sets, or FST-7 on smaller groups. Sorry if that was a little confusing.

Solid review broski

Meuth
        Meuth

Reviews: 40
        Reputation: +3593
        Good review! Almost exactly how I'm using it too! Only difference is that I'll take some before bed on days that I hit it really hard! Excellent work as always Manimal!

Reply #10:

Reputation: +407
        This is the Manimal at his best!!

Very Nice!!

Reply #11:
        Showtime88
        Showtime88

Joined: 8/2010
        Reviews: 16
        Reputation: +172
        Great review man. It was my best friend on leg day too

Reply #12:

Reputation: +3478
        Hey, thanks again broskis!

Reply #13:
        pbgstar
        pbgstar

Reputation: +2
        Hey manimal, awesome review. I was considering taking MBCAA with USP's Asteroid stack, would you take the it the same way as normal? Or would you change the time of taking it?

Reply #14:

Reputation: +3478
        Thank ya. MBCAA is to be taken the same way bro.

Reply #15:
        ShafeA17
        ShafeA17

Joined: 1/2012
        Reputation: +1
        Great review manimal , you have me convinced tha I need to try this!

Reply #16:

Reputation: +3478
        Stuff is great man, I've been trying out Xtend right now and it's a good one too.

Reply #17:
        junster
        junster

Joined: 12/2011
        Reputation: 0
        Xtend works great but after reading your review and replies from the members I purchased MBCAA. Thanx guyz!

Reply #18:

Reputation: 0
        I'm gonna ask you sense you got a good rep, just started taking supplements just got a tub of this what can I really expect from this product? I have always ate high protein diets only been training a year,?

Reply #19:

Reputation: +3478
        BCAAs are not necessary but I think they definitely make a difference when training, specially when you're at a caloric deficit.

You can expect a bit more endurance and reduced fatigue while training, allowing you to train a little harder. Can help speed up the recovery process if you aren't eating enough.

I also like taking this with my daily water intake. Add a few scoops to your jug and you have good tasting water all day with aminos. The new version of this has electrolytes and the fruit punch is phenomenal.

Reply #20:

Reputation: 0
        Thanks for the info I got the icy blue razz pretty good tasting with electros,

Reply #21:

Reputation: +3478
        Yeah man, I tried alot of the others like Xtend and Recoup and i keep coming back to this one. 8-1-1 ratio seems to work much better, for me at least.

Reply #22:
        vincesanity
        vincesanity

Joined: 4/2012
        Reputation: 0
        Awesome review! Best BCAA ever. . . I mixed mBCAA with glycomaize and ON CGT-10 and it works miracles!

Reply #23:
        TheSecret
        TheSecret

Great review.
        I've always takin my MBCAA in my water bottle/jug while I workout. Should I take before or after. My post shake I usually ON pro complex which has some BCAAs in it also

Reply #24:
        Swords
        Swords

Joined: 9/2012
        Reputation: 0
        Great review really want to pick up a tub of this now

Reply #25:
        roczniak2209
        roczniak2209

Joined: 12/2012
        Reputation: 0
        Very good review. Went to GNC and bought this today!!

Reply #26:

Reputation: +3478
        I assure you will enjoy it.

November 26, 2010

Reviews: 106

November 26, 2010
         First BCAA supp I've tried, and probably only one I'll ever use. Didn't know what to expect when I first bought this, but it blew me away inspite of that.

Value gets a 9, mainly due to the fact I have nothing really to compare it too. That being said, I still think it has a good price. Under $30, around 35 servings, not bad. Anytime I can buy a supp that will outlast a month & keep my wallet full is awesome in my book.

Effectiveness is 10, even though this has been the only BCAA I've taken. With my first dose I defintely noticed a difference in my workouts. Better endurance, better strength, and a better pump? Yes, I'm not sure if BCAAs will effect pump, but it did. Wasn't using any other supps that would effect pump, and I definitely noticed a better pump. Also recovery was great. Soreness was not existant & short lived. The ratio looked awesome as well. I don't know it off hand, but it is definitely better than other BCAA supps I've seen.
        Mixibility was tricky. In real cold water it foamed up bad, and the foam was rather thick. In room-temp water, it mixed up well. Don't know why it did this. It states it on the tub, but outta force of habit I always use near-ice cold water. The first thing you notice though when you open the tub is this smell. I can only describe it as something wet...it was disgusting. You get used to it, but it will throw you off. Taste is great though. Got white-raspberry or whatever, and it taste great. Get passed the smell, and you'll manage just fine.

Overall, it gets a 9. If I had something to coompare it to, I'd have no problem giving it a 10. Its great addition to any stack, and perfect for a permanent staple for anyone seriously active.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Tastes Awesome
        • Buy This Product!
        • No Additives
        • Great Bcaa Ratio
        • Good For Stacking
        • Better Pumps?
        • Tricky Mixing
        • Awful wet Smell

Reviews: 46
        Reputation: +2497
        Great review man, did you use this intra workout or after? Also, did you take on non workout days?

Joined: 8/2009
        Reviews: 106
        Reputation: +2792
        I used this mainly intra workout. If I had some left over, I would use it to mix my post workout shake in. White-raspberry whatever tastes interesting with chocolate protein powder.
        Also I only used it on workout days. It probably could've helped some on off days, but I saw no reason to use it then.

Reviews: 46
        Reputation: +2497
        Great, thanks man, I might have to give this a try.

October 23, 2010

Age: 32

October 23, 2010
         Just finished up my first tub of modern BCAA and lets just say I was very impressed. It will now replace my long time favorites Xtend and Purple Wraath. If you look at the ingredient profile its just pretty much BCAA's and nothing else. It doesn't contain all those unnecessary fillers or artificial colors or flavors which is a huge plus!

-Effectiveness 10/10: It does what its suppose to, helps build lean muscle and assist in muscle recovery. It also helps keep your body anabolic while you lift and/or when doing your cardio sessions.

-Taste 10/10: I tired the white blue raspberry flavor and absolutely loved it. It doesn't taste fake or over powering like alot of supplements do. Very refreshing in my opinion.

-Mixability 10/10: If a BCAA drink contains leucine there will always be little flakes floating around due to the fact leucine is not water soluable so you can't knock a product for that. Everything else mixes perfect, no clumps or anything.

-Value 9/10: The price is very reasonable at about 65-70 cents a serving which is about the same as ever so popular Xtend.

USP Labs continues to impress me with their high quality products. Modern BCAA is a great inta-workout or anytime you need BCAA's though out the day. Props to USP Labs on this one!
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Tastes Awesome
        • Excellent Recovery

Joined: 5/2009
          Reputation: +992
          Birdman, you're looking jacked my friend!

Reputation: +3478
          Bout time you jump back around with another review bird brotha!

Joined: 4/2009

joeoftwins

Joined: 10/2010
          Reviews: 12
          Reputation: +199
          bird, if you consume a quality whey pre and post workout do you still think you need to take BCAA's? Most whey's are loaded with them.

Joined: 4/2009
          Reputation: +1840
          @joeoftwins

If your taking whey pre and post then I would say no. You can certainly sip on modern bcaa while doing cardio or anytime through out the day.

October 19, 2010

Age: 32

October 19, 2010
           Intra workout supplements have always left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention the price and having to buy yet another product to use specifically for during the workout.

I have used tubs of Purple Wraath and Xtend and stopped after I could not justify the price of those two products. I recently over the past few months have been using Recoup and enjoyed the profile and price. But I was in search for something with a bit better profile.

Here comes Modern BCAA by USP Labs to the rescue.

How I ran it: 2 scoops intra workout. Stacked with Jacked preworkout, Torrent and Gluta-lyn postworkout. Simple, yet effective.

Effectiveness 9 - These are BCAAs, if you have supplemented BCAAs in the past for intra workout and other times of the day you aren't going to see a huge bump in performance over the other leading brands, but the profile is nice with a 8:1:1 ratio leucine is a nice touch to the typical 2:1 or 4:1. But, honestly the nice thing is not having to use 2-3 servings as I did with Recoup. I just used the single serving and got as good if not better the results.

Mixing 6 - Doesn't mix the greatest with really cold water, but I always shake my bottle while working out before you drink.

Taste 9 - White Blue Raspberry tastes great. Refreshing, but not overpowering.

Value 9 - I got my first tub at the dreaded GNC for 25 bucks after gold card. For 35 servings that is a nice price point. Much better value than Purple Wraath or Xtend. Even a better cost per usage than my previous Recoup.

Conclusion - Definitely a product you should consider picking up if you are looking a good value in the intraworkout/BCAA market.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Less Soreness
          • Excellent Recovery
          • Mixing Ok

LOL.. the dreaded GNC..

I saw it at Vitamin Shoppe for about 35 bucks if I'm not mistaken... so I picked up the Vitamin Shoppe BCAA intra workout... and in a word ... gross.. XP but I stomach it just because it was around 17 dollars...

I hope this products price comes down fast.. I really wanna try it..

Nice review!!!

Reputation: +2878
          GNCs in the Pittsburgh region must be having some serious sales going on. It was $31.00 w/o a gold card and 25.00 with a gold card.

For that price I will jump. Xtend is just too expensive.

October 11, 2010

Age: 26

October 11, 2010
           My first experience with an intra-workout supplement came in the form of Purple Wraath. I was as excited as everyone else when USP Labs announced their new Modern BCAA product, and I was even more eager when I found out about the ‘members only’ launch that got me 3 tubs of Modern BCAA (plus a tub of Jack3d) for only $50. Of course I immediately Cracked open the tub of White Blue Raspberry and set aside my half-finished tub of Wraath upon receiving the shipment.

TASTE & MIXABLITY: 9/10
          The WBR flavor of Modern BCAA is exactly what one would hope for in a blue raspberry flavored product. It has been my experience that blue raspberry flavored products are a bit of a gamble and usually are either extremely tasty or absolutely horrendous. Luckily the WBR Modern BCAA is crisp and clean, with a nice tart flavor and a smooth finish. There’s no strange aftertaste, nor does the product have that off-putting medicinal flavor of other intra-workouts (referring to Purple Wraath). I have not yet tried the other two flavors that were included in the shipment (Grape and Unflavored).

My preferred method of dosing Modern BCAA was two scoops poured directly into a ‘sports top’ bottle of water (I used a funnel to get the powder into the bottle). After a vigorous thirty seconds of shaking, nearly all of the powder had dissolved quite nicely, and I did not experience any powdery residue at the bottom of the bottle. I know a few users complained about the frothy build-up of the product, which I found did happen when I used cold bottles of water. Even so, the L-Leucine build-up didn’t bother me at all and was almost completely avoided so long as I used warm water.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10
          The ingredient profile for Modern BCAA is about as plain and clean as you get in this sort of product. There are no added fillers or buffers, no artificial colors or flavors which I greatly prefer. I found Modern BCAA’s to provide solid energy, especially during cardio sessions. I do feel that this product helped improve the overall quality of my workouts by keeping me hydrated and helping fight intra-workout fatigue.

I liked the effects of Modern BCAA’s so much that I often added a few scoops to my water bottle and drank it over the course of the day to sustain my energy levels and keep me in a positive state of mind.

VALUE: 7/10
          Obviously if you were in on the private release of this product, the value was astonishing. Three 35 serving tubs for $50? Now that is an incredible deal. Right now this product is retailing for $28.99 on BB.com, which equates to a per-serving cost of $0.82. Conversely, a 45 serving tub of Purple Wraath will cost you $0.75 per-serving, while 30 servings of Xtend costs a meager $0.65 per-serving. As you can see, Modern BCAA is a bit more expensive than some of its competitors. While you are getting a higher dosage of a proprietary blend of BCAAs through Modern BCAA (10 grams per serving) than through Xtend (~9.5 grams) or Purple Wraath (~7 grams), you’re also missing out on some of the ancillary benefits offered by the two aforementioned competitors, such as Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, etc.

OVERALL: 8/10
          There’s not a whole lot else you could expect from such a product. It gives you exactly what’s been promised – a high clean dose of BCAA’s, nothing else. I personally love this product and feel that with a slightly more competitive price point, it could gain a very strong foothold in the world of intra-workout supplements. Once again, USP Labs delivers a promising product that illustrates the company’s commitment to both its customers and the world of personal fitness.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Excellent Recovery
            weastwind
            weastwind

Reviews: 21
            Reputation: +292
            Another great review cray.

Thanks bro!

venom434
            venom434

Reviews: 54
            Reputation: +981
            Great review Cray, I'm going to have to try this soon. Which flavor would you say is the best?

Reputation: +2374
            I've only tried the WBR and I certainly recommend it. I would say either that or the Grape.

Nice review woman.

Reputation: +2374
            haha. thanks siski! ...does that work?

For real though, I said I was buying you a woman's "splash" tee shirt if I won the $20 BB gift card off the facebook raffle. If I win, I am assuming you want the 'aqua blue' color in a size S?

Reputation: +3478
            Yea i saw that ***. You've yet to accept my friend request. lol

dammit
            dammit

Joined: 10/2009
            Reviews: 27
            Reputation: +1021
            Great write up Cray. I agree that Blue Rasp is very good. Mixability is so so in cold water but even un-mixed, it still tastes great. I'll be submitting my review soon enough.

Reputation: +2374
            Ah geez, called me out. Guess I have to accept (I didn't even realize that was you).

October 4, 2010

Age: 20

October 4, 2010
             In a category of products gaining more and more usage with expanding research, USP Labs has come up with their own version of a intra-workout BCAA product.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
            A BCAA product is hard to evaluate as you aren't going to notice drastic results, especially if you have been using BCAA's previously. However with this product there was a noticeable difference in intra-workout recovery and a reduction of the 'second-day soreness'.

Ingredient Profile: 9.4/10
            Very interesting philosophy from USP, going with them placing the main emphasis on mTor, and it certainly shows with the 8:1:1 ratio of leucine-isoleucine-valine. This idea really didn't surprise me since they are a company known for utilizing newer ideas and once again, the gamble paid off here. I also like the idea of not just creating another ho-hum glutamine product, as it really isn't necessary because I supplement my glutamine separately. Another major plus is that there isn't any dyes in their product, which means more BCAA's and less filler, not to mention the questionable safety that certain dyes have.

Taste: 8.8/10
            The taste came in pretty good, actually. Don't let my rating of an 8.8 fool you. BCAA's are a hard product to flavor correctly due to their natural tendency to be a little bitter, but USP did a good job here. I prefer more water when I mix mine so that way it will last longer during my workout, so the flavor is a little diluted, but still good. If you desire a stronger flavor, use less water.

Mixability: 9.8/10
            USP made a selling point of how this product mixes, and they stay true to their label. I really like how the powder was micronized, and it mixes easily without clumping or foaming. The product stays mixed for the duration of your workout so there's no need to re-shake which is nice.

Overall: 9.6/10
            I was really pleased with Modern BCAA's. It has an excellent formula and has a noticeable effect in recovery, which is especially impressive since I've been supplementing with BCAA's intra-workout for quite some time. If you are looking to try an intra-workout product for the first time, this is a good place to start. The price is right in line with other brands of BCAA's, giving you 35 servings for about $30.

Pros:
            Cons:
            • Outstanding Mixability
            • Excellent Recovery

Reputation: +3478
              Solid bro. My review for this will be coming along soon, as well.

CamelE
              CamelE

Reviews: 27
              Reputation: +804
              Couldn't agree more--great review!

workoutguru
              workoutguru

Joined: 7/2009
              Reviews: 83
              Reputation: +880
              Really good review petey. Thanks for posting. I need to get some of this stuff and try it.

Reputation: +407
              Leg days are the hardest for me. I work 'em Tuesay, Wednesday I'm walking a little funny and Thursday is when I'm in lactic acid hell.

I'm using BCAA-lyn now(which has been great since I started) but I'm always looking for a better product. This review makes it sound like it is... nice job.

Joined: 3/2009
              Reputation: +3992
              I hear you on the leg day soreness bro. I work them Monday and I'm feeling them for a few days. No product is going to get rid of it completely, but this certainly helps.

This review is......
              MONEY!!!!!!

As always

fmrPRO
              fmrPRO

Reviews: 18
              Reputation: +417
              Excellent review! my only question, is how do you mix yours? cause it takes me a good 30 minutes to dissolve everything completely and i dont even mix it as strong as i should (2 scoops in 30 oz water)
              Once again, great review! and thank you

Joined: 3/2009
              Reputation: +3992
              I put 2 scoops in my jug (its a 64 oz jug) and add 32 oz of water, then shake it for 10 seconds. Mixes right up for me.

SuperMedic
              SuperMedic

Reviews: 4
              Reputation: +2
              Thorough review man. Got mine on order.

Go Big Red!

November 1, 2013

Reviews: 5

Age: 21

November 1, 2013
              BCAA for improved muscle building.

Even though there are lots of reviews on Modern BCAA, I decided to add another one to the SR collection because I have tried many BCAA products and like to think that I am a good judge as to whether or not a BCAA supp is really worth taking.

The next paragraph I write will be in brackets because I will explain briefly the need for BCAA products in very basic terms. If you aren't interested in that and just want to read the review itself then skip to where the brackets end.

( Branch Chain Amino Acids must be present in the body for molecular growth and development. There are different categories of BCAA but I will only mention one which is: essential amino acids EAA. This is because they can not be manufactured by the body, while the others can hence the need for supplementation. The EAA got from supplements are needed because when the body is under stress, i.e when your working out, your body is in a catabolic state. This very basically means the body cant produce muscle but by using BCAA and providing those EAA the catabolic state is turned to an anabolic state and in turn muscle growth can continue. The benefits of them are that, as mentioned, they build muscle but they are also useful for limiting muscle loss if you are injured or just during a cut.)

Mixability: 5/10
              I started first with the lowest rating that this product will get from me rather than hype you all up and then pull you out of the sky with this rating later on in the review. Actually in terms of BCAA this product mixes pretty well due to the fact that it has so much Leucine and Leucine does cause poor mixability in products. However I gave it a low rating because in terms of purely mixing with water and becoming whole, it doesnt achieve it too well. I know thats a bit harsh but its fair because mixability does mean mixability and that, it doesnt do well.

Taste: 8/10
              The taste is a bit of a touchy subject with this product because its a case of you either like it or you dont. I personally like it, I think it's different and a good one at that. I tried Blue Raspberry and grape flavor. Blue Raspberry gets the nod for my favourite but grape in fairness is nice too. I do know a few people that dont like either flavors but luckily for them unflavored is also available.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
              Its effectiveness is what I love about this product. Before I took it I thought, because I had tried so many other BCAA, that I had experienced everything that a BCAA product had to offer but I was mistaken. When I took this I was amazed at how I was able to recover quicker between sets and the days after a hard session and this is why I gave it such a high rating. It made leg days less painful and who doesnt want that?? I also felt more hydrated during training and as desired it also helps to build lean muscle.

The cost of this was also another plus. It was much the same price as all the other BCAA products in my local supp store but you get more quantity and its just so much better than all the other BCAA products out there that the price seems like a bargain.

Overall:
              Ok I think its time to end this very long review(sorry about that) but I'm sure it'll help you. All I have to say now about it is: TRY IT. You wont be disappointed.

Pros:
              Cons:
              • Excellent Recovery
              • Poor Mixing In Water
              • Makes Shaker Bottle Smell Weird
              brenth6112
              brenth6112

Joined: 12/2012
              Reviews: 17
              Reputation: +447
              Nice review man. I love this stuff.

Reviews: 5
              Reputation: +16
              Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yea me too.

August 1, 2013

nickfuri

Reviews: 8

Age: 31

August 1, 2013
              Don't know what you got 'til its gone.

I'm not going to pretend to know every ingredient in this product or go down the effectiveness of BCAA's. This is a purely non-scientific review from the view of an everyday normal guy. As i've gotten up in age (i'm 31), i have noticed that the aches and pains that i didn't have years ago are creeping in. By this i mean half way through my workouts I notice some fatigue, even though I use pre workout. I notice this more the next morning and days after. I have been searching for awhile to find a product to help me with this little aches and pains. Without sugar-coating it, this is the product.

I initially purchased this after reading reviews of several other BCAA's on this site. I used a full tub of it and noticed less aches and pains, but didn't think anything of it. I decided to wait a bit before purchasing my next tub and boy was i wrong. I simply underestimated the power of Modern BCAA. During my usage, I noticed less fatigue intra-workout and less pains after the fact. Now going on a week without it, I am back to square one and sore as all heck. Here's my rundown:

Taste/Mix: 9/10: Modern BCAA taste is excellent, not too overpowering or sugary, just right. I purchased the fruit punch and loved it. All you gotta do is drop two scoops and shake for 30 seconds, no clumps or residue in the shaker.

Effectiveness: 10/10: obviously from above I realized this a little too late...I am staring out my front door waiting for my next delivery of it.

Price: 8/10: Its around $30 depending on where you purchase it. Worth every penny but I can see how it can get pricey for hardcore lifters.

Dosing: 10/10: 2 scoops is a shaker of water. Tastes great and easy to mix.

Value: 10/10: Its an invaluable product for me and while be a part of my workout for the foreseeable future.

Overall: 9/10: I am now a believer of BCAA's and there importance to my nutritional regiment. I will use this and recommend it to anyone.
              Pros:
              Cons:
              • Excellent Recovery
              • Less Soreness
              • Tastes Awesome
              • Good For Stacking
              • Buy This Product!
                June 19, 2013

David3007

Reviews: 13

June 19, 2013
                The best

So I just finished my 4th tub of this stuff and what can I say. The ratio on this is by far one of the best out there. Not only do the people at Nutrishop highly recommend it but the people at GNC do as well. That's probably one of the only things I can agree on from a person from GNC.

Price: GNC or Nutrishop I have found that they sell this from anywhere from $25 to $30 which is not a bad price for a how many servings you get in one tub.

Taste/mixability: I always get the grape flavor because I never seem to walk in at the right time so that is the only flavor that they have at the time. I would love to try the other flavors but that will be for another time. The mixing on this is not bad I never get chunks and it goes down easy.

Overall: I have to admit like everyone else on this website that USBlabs has nailed down a solid BCAA supplement and I will keep using this product unless someone comes out with a better one.

As always keep on lifting
                Pros:
                Cons:
                • Outstanding Mixability
                • Excellent Recovery
                • Need More Flavors!!!

Have you used Modern BCAA? Submit your own Review!