I have used two complete containers of Jack3d
(lemon-lime flavored) and have been very pleased with its results. I have also tried NO-Xplode
, White Flood
, Super-Pump 250 and 1MR, so I do have a baseline to compare this product with.
I felt like I had increased, intensity, endurance, and focus while using this product. Let's take a look at why this product works, followed by some things I don't really like about the product (minor but worth mentioning). I have included links to the online library of the National Institute of Health aka. PUBMED where appropriate.
What it does: This is a precursor to Nitric Oxide
Production. It can cause increased Heart Rate, Heart Palpitations, and dizziness in some individuals, particularly in excessive doses.
Positive Feed Back:
"AAKG supplementation appeared to be safe and well tolerated, and positively influenced 1RM bench press"
"A patient who had been taking an oral L-arginine
-based body-building supplement developed bilateral diffuse subconjunctival hemorrhages,"
My Personal Feeling- Reward>Risk, Good Ingredient.
2. Creatine Monohydrate
- This one is so ubiquitous I was tempted not to cite any research, but here is 1 quote from the a study available in the NIH Library:
Quote: " activities that involve jumping, sprinting or cycling generally show improved sport performance following Cr ingestion"
My Personal Feeling: Creatine Monohydrate
is an effective and safe supplement.
3. Beta-Alanine- Amino Acid
that is supposed to reduce fatigue a common side-effect is paresthesia (Skin Tingling)
Scientific Quote- "beta-alanine supplementation seems to be a safe nutritional strategy capable of improving high-intensity anaerobic performance."
My Personal Feeling-Reward> Risk, good product. Plus I enjoy the parathesia, I think it could possibly enhance the placebo effect for me, and it lets me know the product is in my system and ready to be utilized.
4. 1,3 dimethylamylamine (also known as methylhexanamine, 2-amino-4-methylhexane & 1,3-dimethylpentylamine – Methylhexaneamine (Forthan, Forthane, Floradrene, Geranamine), also known as dimethylamylamine (DMAA), is a simple aliphatic amine used as a nasal decongestant, it is a natural derivative of the geranium flower
This is a banned substance according to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
I couldn't find a lot on its efficacy as a performance enhancing substance,
My Personal Feeling- Risk>Reward. I think this was included to give another reason for JAC3D to stand-out from the PWS crowd.
5. Schizandrol A (2',3',4',1",2",3"-hexamethoxy-6, 7-dimethyl-1,2,3,4-dibenzo-1,3-cyclooctadien-6-ol) is one of the effective components in the dried fruit of Schizandra chinensis.
What the data says:
"A single administration of these adaptogens effectively increases mental performance and physical working capacity in humans. R. rosea is the most active of the three plant adaptogens producing, within 30 min of administration, a stimulating effect that continues for at least 4-6 h."
My Personal Feeling: Appears to legitimate.
6. Caffeine- No Need beat a dead horse. This is an effective Ergogenic
aid to who tolerate it well.
7. Bonus- Synergistic Effect of ingredients-
Synergistic Effect- Of Caffeine, Creatine Monohydrate
and Amino Acids
"findings suggest that the acute ingestion of this preexercise supplement may be an effective strategy for improving anaerobic performance, but appears to have no effect on aerobic power. The possible combinatory effects of acute consumption of caffeine, creatine, and amino acids
on the improvement of anaerobic running performance in humans"
Fukuda DH, Smith AE, Kendall KL, Stout JR.
Metabolic and Body Composition Laboratory, Department of Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019,
My Personal Feelings- Win-Win.
Thing I liked about it:
1. Taste- I wouldn't say that it tasted it good, but it didn't taste horrible either. I personally though NO-Xplode
Orange was so horrible that I wanted to vomit. This was certainly drinkable which makes it a positive in my book.
2. Lack of inactive ingredients- I do appreciate the fact that there aren't a lot of "fillers".
NO-XPLODE has 60 mg of Magnesium per scoop which = 180mg for 3 scoops which is what I would normally take, Magnesium is known to have a laxative effect which I find somewhat annoying.
Things I don't like (These are minor)-
1. I'm not really sold on the efficacy of MDAA
2. The Obnoxious marketing ploys of USP Labs
. (Don't get me wrong they are effective, look at the staggering growth of the company). I am just tired of hearing things like EXTREME, MIND-BLOWING, etc.
3. Uses an ingredient that is banned by WADA. (Minor I know)
4. I don't like how they use the "proprietary blend" ploy, which makes it difficult to ascertain the Creatine/Caffeine content without doing additional research. Just tell how much is in the product!!!
Lastly, just a few comments, I know when people see adverse comments about products they like they tend to get defensive and attack the party making the comments. It is not my intent to post these reviews to make friends, so if you don't like my review attack away.