Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > USP Labs > Jack3d Advanced Formula

USPlabs Jack3d Advanced Formula

Jack3d Advanced Formula USPlabs
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (9 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

ProSupps Mr. Hyde Reviews
Mr. Hyde (24 Reviews)
Cellucor C4 Extreme Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Reviews
Muscle Marinade (77 Reviews)
Gamma Labs Pre-Training Formula Reviews
Pre-Training Formula (12 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Buy one get one free Jack3d Advanced Formula at Nutraplanet
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/usplabs/jack3d-advanced-45-servings.html Tha...

Buy 2 get 1 FREE USP Labs Jack3d Advanced Formula ($18 each)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usplabs/jack3d-advanced.html Works out to 59....

New Jack3d Advanced Formula coming soon.
I just saw this posted on USPLabs facebook page. Not much was said on their page...

Just got Inner Circle Email from USPLABS for new Jack3d Advanced Formula.
I just received the inner circle email for the new Jack3d Advanced Formula. I ca...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Jack3d Advanced Formula Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Jack3d Advanced Formula Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Increased Energy (7)
    • Good Value (6)
    • Mixes Easy (5)
    • Consistent Energy (4)
    • Not A Big Pump (4)
    • Loose Focus (2)
    • Needs Agmatine (2)
    • Blend (2)
    March 25, 2014

Raptorbh12

Reviews: 62

Age: 28

March 25, 2014
    Not a bad shot without DMAA

This is not a bad pre-workout as far as they go. The ingredients are all dosed appropriately and its a bargain compared to most of the market.

Before I get started, I would like to thank Adam at USP Labs for sending this to me as part of a care package to me and my Marines in Afghanistan. Thanks again Adam!

Taste: 7
    Now a 7 out of 10 is not terrible for a pre-workout! Imagine 10 being something to the tune of a Gatorade. The flavor I had was Fruit Punch and it was quite palatable with a little bite at the end if you made it kind of concentrated (which I always do).
    Mixability: 8
    This PWO is quite soluble and mixes well in small amounts of liquid. Very little creatine residue is left on the bottom of your solo cup or shaker when all done.
    EffectivenessL 7
    Its almost come to be known as the Gold Standard of pre-workouts but this new Jack3d Advanced is just too similar to the rest of the market. Same familiar beta-alanine tingles, proper dosages of creatine, 100mg of caffeine per scoop which is great for scalability for how intense you need your PWO.
    I noticed adequate focus and intensity commensurate with a PWO of this type.
    This Jacked Advanced is like you Honda Accord of PWO's. Its known for its reliability, affordability, and is updated periodically. But it lacks the exotic appeal of more expensive and robust PWO's.

Value: 9
    Roughly $28 per container, this is one of the most affordable PW's on the market right now. I imagine this is due to production capacity at USP Labs.
    Most PWO's are $30 and some can reach upwards to $40 and even $50 a pop.

Overall: 7
    I do recommend this supplement to anyone who lifts with intensity and purpose. This is a great starter PWO but if you have been using PWO's for years with only a few breaks in your caffeine consumption, you might find that this Jack3d Advanced is a little weak.
    I don't see myself purchasing this again. It did not stand out to me whatsoever and with the fast paced advancements in today's supplement industry you can easily find more innovative Pre-workouts and remember, "No PWO, is one supp fits all"
    • Too Simple For Its Own Good

Age: 34

January 17, 2014
    Jack3d up my Johnson

Jack3d Advanced Formula

I recently picked up USPLabs' Jack3d Advanced Formula during one of their last "inner circle" deals. $25 for a PWO, t-shirt & free shipping didn't seem too bad, so I figured if give it a go.

Now, I never was crazy about Jack3d original or micro, but I generally don't pass up a deal and enjoy trying new & revised products. So, I gave it a try....

SUPPLEMENT FACTS:
    *******************************
    Serving Size: 1 Scoop (5.1 grams)
    Servings per container: 45
    ---------------------------------------
    Proprietary Blend: 3580 mg

[Advanced Creatine Ratio, Nitrate Blast, Pinus Pinaster (bark), Beta Alanine (Carnosyn), Yohimbine Extract, Norcoclaurine HCI, Swertia Chirayita (whole plant) Extract]
    Caffeine: 100 mg
    Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid): 50 mg
    --------------------------------------

I could try to go in to great detail about boring fluff regarding the taste, mixability and all that jazz, but I'm not trying to be an ER'er. I just want to tell you what I experienced and thought of this product. Honestly, it seemed about as on par with micro. Perhaps a little bit more alertness & energy, but nothing that was noteworthy. Now, I'm not a heavy stim user, but I am fairly tolerate to caffeine. I regularly have a few cups of coffee a day, but that's about it. During my run of Jack3d AF, I used 1-1.5 scoops a day. I never ran 2 or more scoops. Now on paper, the profile doesn't seem to be super stim heavy and my thoughts while using it seemed to mirror that...

However, what I did notice while on this product, unlike other PWO that's I've used it gave me consistent "stim dick". For the life of me I could barely get a hard on or keep it when it was time for fun time. I thought, at first that there was something wrong with me, but after thinking about it, I recalled people talking about "stim dick". Now, a few people have experienced this while on the 1,3 Dime (original jack3d), but i fiinf nothing about the Advanced Formula). So, I took a guess and dropped this product. A few days was back to normal.

Now, I'm not 18 anymore & I realize that this might effect people differently...., but if you like having the full use of your Johnson, you might want to skip this product. I certainly will.

Overall, It's an average PWO. It will give you a bit of focus, energy & drive, but unfortunately may break your wiener and disappoint your lady.
    • Decent Focus
    • Unhappy Lady
    November 14, 2013

nickyfondz

Reviews: 8

Age: 20

November 14, 2013
    Jack3d advanced?

This pre-workout has been out for quite a while. It has changed formulas 3 (or 4 counting micro) times. While I think everyone agrees that the original was the best, this one is definitely an upgrade from the "University Studied" second one.

Price: 10/10
    $26 for 45 servings is a ridiculous price. It is closer to $30 in most places that you look, but I got a decent deal (impressive for GNC).

Mixability: 10/10
    This product mixed perfectly. You literally couldn't even tell that it originated as a powder. USP Labs hasn't had a problem with mixability.

Taste: 6/10
    I had the fruit punch flavor. It was the only flavor left at the store and I figured fruit punch is usually a safe bet. The only problem is that the flavor was way too overpowering. It was one of the strongest flavored PWOs that I've tried. Of course, this could be prevented by adding more water, but who wants to drink a gallon of PWO before a workout? It was tolerable, but not great.

Energy: 7/10
    Definitely need two scoops for most of the PWO users. Not a very strong PWO. 100mg of caffeine per scoop. It says you could take up to 3, but 2 will probably suffice for most.

Ingredient profile: 7/10
    Caffeine is listed at 100mg, which could be higher. The rest of the ingredients are listed as a proprietary blend of 3,580mg. It contained beta-alinine, creatine monohydrate and anhydrous, and yohimbe. I was not a fan of the yohimbe. I always felt as though my heart was beating through my chest during cardio. it was not because of the caffeine because 200mg is not ridiculous. Yohimbe is known to raise blood pressure so I believe that is what did it.

Although the price is very inexpensive, the value isn't as good. For me, it took two scoops per workout. This makes the price go up. Even at 2 scoops per serving, it is still not a bad deal, but not great for what you are getting.

Overall: 6.5/10
    It is a pretty average PWO. Nothing ridiculously great. it definitely doesn't compare to the original Jack3d with the 1,3. It is somewhere between the second "University Studied" formula and the 1,3 OG formula. For the price it is decent, but you get what you pay for.

Hope this review is better than the first couple, as I am still a newbie!
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Mixes Easy
    • Blend

October 13, 2013

Age: 26

October 13, 2013
    Advanced? I think so.

Whats up SR? First review here and what inspired me was the new USPlabs Jack3d Advanced Formula. I have used the original formula and the Micro and I have to say I think I like this the most.

During my run of this product I was on a bulk. Not a lean bulk but basically just ate everything I saw. I used a standard muscle split with multiple rep/set variations. I felt Advanced helped out in any situation which was a plus.

Other supplements I was using include:
    -DPOL
    -Creatine Mono(generic)
    -Gold Standard Whey
    -Optimen Multi
    -Fish Oil

Now lets get to the goods,

PROFILE: 8/10
    OK so first off the majority of the profile is a blend which most do not like but understand as far as marketing is concerned. I can't blame a company for not wanting to give away a secret but as a user I always want to know the exact numbers. Here are the supplement facts. Most ingredients Ive seen before but some are foreign.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (5 g)Servings Per Container: 45Amount per serving% DV

Proprietary Blend3,580mg*Advanced Creatine Ratio (Creatine [as Monohydrate, Anhydrous]), Nitrate Blast (Arginine [as Arginine Nitrate], Pinus Pinaster (Bark) Extract), Beta Alanine (Carnosyn™), Yohimbe (Pausinystalia Johimbe) (Bark) Extract (Standardized for Full Spectrum Alkaloids), Norcoclaurine Hcl, Swertia Chirayita (Whole Plant) ExtractCaffeine100mg*Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)50mg84%* Daily Value Not Established

Other Ingredients:citric acid, natural & artificial flavors, Silicon Dioxide, calcium silicate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium

Directions For Jack3d Advanced: Mix 1 Ultra-Concentrated Scoop (5 grams) with 4 ounces of cold water and consume 30-45 minutes prior to resistance training. Do this the first 3 times using the product. Beginning with the 4th use, if needed, you may gradually increase serving by a half scoop (2.5 grams), up to a total of 2 full scoops. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED 2 SCOOPS IN ANY 24 HOUR PERIOD OR USE MORE THAN 5 DAYS IN ANY 7 DAY PERIOD. Consume at least 125 fl. oz. of liquid per day for men and 91 fl. oz. of liquid per day for women.

Ok so a few things here. Some would rather not have added creatine but it can't be that much and I like the stamina when taken preworkout. Quality and popular Carnosyn Beta Alanine and Arginine for a N.O. boost which I will get to later. Yohimbe Extract for energy and a fat burning effect. I also like the amount of caffeine at 100mg a serving. Just enough to get the positive effects of it. This didnt disappoint.

TASTE/MIXABILITY: 9/10
    Advanced Formula shined here. Ive always loved Jack3d flavors and is what I think a pre should taste like. I had the pleasure of running the blue raspberry and it was some of the best stuff Ive ever tried. I do have a blue razz bias though its always been my favorite. This product mixed very well with a few shakes in a Blender Bottle or a regular water bottle for that matter. A pleasant experience indeed.

DOSING: 8.2/10
    This was pretty simple although I did experiment a little. I came to the conclusion that 2 scoops 20 minutes before on an empty stomach worked best for me. One scoop was ok but not enough. I do like when a company can fit everything into one scoop but this wasnt quite it. There was no need to go over 2 scoops as when I bumped it up to 2.5 and 3 scoops I was a little too jittery and anxious. I felt this was ok though to make it a better value.

SIDES: 9.5/10
    I experienced no stomach issues whether I took it on an empty or full stomach. There was also no crash to speak of. No problems here.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8/10
    Overall very consistent and quality product where it counts. I enjoyed every workout and no matter how long my day was got me focused and ready to train. Im going to break his up.

Focus- 7.5/10
    Nothing special here. Nothing really jumped out and I felt like I was actually getting bothered by other people a lot which means I wasnt too focused. Maybe that is partly the DPOL lol.

Pump- 8/10
    Very good, consistent pumps. Although I was running the DPOL as well I could feel and see a difference when I didnt use a preworkout. This mixed with DPOL gave me hard almost painful pumps and I mean that in the best way. I saw some nasty veins too in my chest and legs that usually is not there. Very fun.

Energy/Stamina- 9/10
    My favorite part right here. With Yohimbe, Beta Alanine, and creatine you can't go wrong here. I used a very high volume training method with a lot of drop sets and I was recovering quickly and I seemed to have to force myself to leave a lot of times. I work long hours and this gave me the needed boost every time.

VALUE: 8/10
    Nothing special here as far as price but the value of this product overall was what gives this an 8. I impulse bought this from the Vitamin Shoppe store and spent 32 dollars. You can find it cheaper as well if you shop around.

OVERALL: 8.4/10
    As I mentioned before I loved every experience I had with USPlabs Jack3d Advanced Formula! I feel they got this right for most people and even your beginners. Quality ingredients by a proven company you can't go wrong with this one. I would recommend this to anyone wanting consistent results at a good price. I will be buying this again in the future.

• Blend
    • Creatine

Reputation: +443
    Wanted to add that I had a consistent nice beta alanine tingle throughout. Important for most people.

CamSTL
    CamSTL

Joined: 12/2009
    Reviews: 43
    Reputation: +1747
    Nice first review! I'll have to try this version eventually.

Reputation: +443
    Thanks Cam. I know a lot of people are looking for reviews on this so I had to do it. If you can deal with "only" 200mg of caffeine this is a staple. Hope it works for you bro.

Reply #4:
    workoutguru
    workoutguru

Joined: 7/2009
    Reviews: 83
    Reputation: +880
    There's a guy I workout with and he just got this and this was his first day taking it and said he could really feel it and was tingling all over and thought it was amazing. He thought it was possibly better than the original Jack3d.

Reply #5:

Reputation: +443
    I think its all about who you ask and their stim tolerance. The new formula is more user friendly and would appeal to a more vast demographic. Both are extremely solid.

Reply #6:
    iSamurai
    iSamurai

Joined: 2/2012
    Reviews: 12
    Reputation: +809
    Thank you for the thorough review man!

Reply #7:

Reputation: +443
    @ISam Thank you and the crew for a quality product. Keep it up over there at USPlabs you boys are killin it as usual.

Reply #8:

how is creatine a con?

Reply #9:

Reputation: +443
    I guess it can be a pro or a con. Ive seen that some people would rather supplement creatine separately because maybe they are Getting enough from other sources. For me personally I like the added creatine.

Reply #10:

Reputation: +474
    just seems like an odd con
    when the very same company produces a creatine free preworkout that contains several of the same ingredients.

Reply #11:

Reputation: +443
    Good point Appleman. I guess one can decide for themselves on that

Reply #12:

Joined: 3/2013
    Reviews: 13
    Reputation: +329
    Great, detailed review man.

August 23, 2013

WingedHussar

Age: 22

August 23, 2013
    A King Attempts To Regain His Throne…

I want to start with big thank you to USP Labs for sending me a container of Jack3d Advanced. Jack3d was my very first pre-workout and boy was it a doozey. Great energy, pump, and tunnel vision focus. I loved every moment in the gym and it’s the product that got me into many other sports nutrition products.
    Goals:
    Bulking at 3500 calories/day, doing power-endurance workouts 2x/week for cardio and power output, then doing a bodybuilding split to fill in the gaps and get my upper body back in shape before another round of Wendler’s 5/3/1 once school starts up again.

Ingredients 8/10

Two scoops gets you 200mg caffeine, 100mg vitamin C, and a prop blend of ingredients topping out at a 10.2 gram serving.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (5 g)
    Servings Per Container: 45
    Amount per serving
    Proprietary Blend 3,580mg

Caffeine 100mg
    Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 50mg 84%

Other Ingredients:

citric acid, natural & artificial flavors, Silicon Dioxide, calcium silicate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, Beet Juice Powder (Color), Beta Carotene (Color)

Profile Breakdown:

200mg is pretty tame for many pre workouts, but frankly, many shouldn’t need more than this considering the other products found here. Caffeine has been shown to not only boost energy but also improve strength in some studies.

Yohimbe-

Yohimbe extract is an alpha-2-adrenoceptor antagonist. It’s been known to increase blood plasma levels of noradrenaline, resulting in elevated rates of lipid mobilization. Yohimbe has also been used for boosting libido and as an energy supplement. Some have also used it as a topical diuretic, although I’ve never tried that myself. After speaking with the USP Labs rep in my area, he stressed the importance of standardizing and upping the percentage of active alkaloids in their extract. He mentioned how yohimbe usually made him sick and jittery but after trying this, the side effects were gone and the benefits improved (more on that later).

Norcoclaurine (Higenamine)-

This is a substance that not many have seen in pre workouts (save for Jack3d Micro), but it’s touted to be quite the effective one. It’s effects are similar to caffeine but it works through something called the reverse adrenoreceptor process. In essence, this is supposed to make sure you get a good stim kick from the caffeine and yohimbine, and then have it stay there until your workout is over.

Swertia chirayita-

Swertia is an Indian plant known to improve weight loss, detoxify the body, lower blood sugar, and it has also been shown to protect the liver. Not all the studies are entirely conclusive however. For instance, the blood sugar study was done on albino rats, not humans. It works as a stimulant and I’m assuming this is meant to be used almost like “extended release” caffeine.

Creatine monohydrate & creatine anhydrous-

This surprised me a little. USP is all about cutting edge ingredients and yet they opted for a couple grams of creatine mono/anhydrous instead of Kre-Alkalyn or Creatine HCl. While I don’t usually gain water weight with creatine mono I know others might, but the yohimbine might negate any of that so perhaps it’s a smarter choice than I first thought.

Arginine Nitrate-

Nitrates are taking over new pre workout formulas everywhere, whether as creatine nitrate, arginine, or others. This is another instance where I found myself scratching my head. Why no agmatine? I did a little research and found this excerpt for a possible reason:

“During intense exercise, in the middle or toward the end of your workout when your body is low on oxygen anyway, the L-Arginine NO Synthase pathway — the more common route for typical pre-workouts — is much less effective, and nitric oxide production won’t last as long. The effect of this process is usually seen early in the workout, when energy and stored oxygen levels are high.

Arginine Nitrate, however, doesn’t rely on oxygen nearly as much, meaning a longer, sustained effect that will last through your final reps, and vasodilation will, too. Arginine Nitrate uses the N3O pathway, an alternate to the normal L-Arginine NO Synthase pathway used by regular Arginine-based products.”

Pinus Pinaster Extract-

USP Labs via their rep mentioned that its primary use in Jack3d is to relax the veins and allow for greater transport of nutrients. This is important because caffeine and other stimulant products do the exact opposite.

Beta Alanine-

This is a nonessential amino acid that turns into carnosine within the body. It produces the familiar tingling sensation many have felt when they take a pre-workout. Beta-Alanine is effective for exercise lasting longer than 60 seconds. Others have gone into the nitty gritty aspects of how it works so I’ll save everyone some time.

Vitamin C

This is a pretty surprising little addition. Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant and improves the uptake of nitrates, but it has also been used to relieve and prevent muscle soreness prior to and following exercise, so it could be used by athletes who train almost every day to recover quicker.

Mixability: 10/10

I never give out 10s. Ever. But this product deserves it without a shadow of a doubt. No joke, this was the scenario the first time I mixed it: I’m driving down the highway during rush hour for a late gym session. I have a water bottle (not a shaker) held between my legs. I crack open the container of Jack3d and toss in two full, even scoops into the bottle. Traffic picks up to 15 mph for half a minute and I had to merge into a different lane. Traffic slows down again and I pick up the water bottle to start shaking it. I look at it, and it’s PERFECTLY AGITATED. No clumps, floaters, foam, nothing. It was all completely assimilated. I’m pretty sure if I tried hard enough, I could mix the powder up with my mind. It’s really that easy. Great foo-ing job USP!

Taste 9/10

I won’t lie to you, I’m a female dog when it comes to pre’s. I usually happily take my pre workout, only to choke it down (wincing the entire time), feel nauseous, cramp up, go to the bathroom, and end my workout. Seriously; it must be something to do with the dyes or excess beta alanine or something. There’s only a handful (although growing number) of products that I can take that don’t make me ill or negatively affect my workouts, and I’m happy to say that this is one of them.
    The old Jack3d I took with a pained and sort of sickened expression, and by the end of it there was always a layer of sand-like grit at the bottom that was always the worst. All of this is long gone and replaced with a surprisingly full flavored, somewhat natural-tasting formula that is really light on the stomach. A couple of times I ate something light about an hour before the gym. In these cases, something must’ve not agreed in my stomach because I would occasionally get a little gas and have to take it easy for my first few sets. Because of that, I strongly suggest eating something filling a couple hours before, and always take this on as empty a stomach as possible. I didn’t always feel bad from it, but for the sake of getting the most out of this, I would only have water before.

Effectiveness 8/10

I swear 1,3-Dimethyl has utterly ruined my tolerance for stimulant products. Even products like Mr. Hyde don’t really amp me up much anymore, and I sometimes take months off at a time for pre workouts. Maybe it’s because I’m naturally a pretty focused person, but I didn’t really get much of a “tunnel vision” feeling from this. I had a moderate boost in energy and focus, no jitters, but I was confident and my lifts were superb. My strength definitely went up and I think it might be that USP Labs added more creatine that the 2-3 grams of the original. There’s no way to know for sure, but I do know that this is very, very balanced. No aspect of my pre workout experience grossly outweighed the rest, which I like since it makes the product that much more versatile. Depending on what you do, I could see sports athletes, crossfitters, powerlifters, and bodybuilders all use this formula since it has something for everyone. An added benefit to this is that I didn’t feel like Jack3d Advanced wore off on me. All the way to the last scoop, I was able to get a consistent level of energy, focus, strength, and motivation.

Stim 8/10

Like I said, this didn’t hit me like a sack of bricks. It’s fairly gradual and you can start noticing it within 10-15 minutes. It’s subtle, but noticeable and I enjoyed the clean energy I got from it. While there wasn’t a huge amount of it, the energy I got was actually perhaps the cleanest I’ve ever had. I felt like it was an energy more from myself than anything else, but I knew it was the Jack3d since I didn’t have any ludicrous expectations for it, and even on days when I was dragging myself to the gym, this got me through it. Awesome.

Focus 7/10

While it doesn’t compare to Mr.Hyde or Craze, I enjoyed the focus from this. It gives you a little nudge in the right direction, but on days when I really didn’t want to go and had a lot on my mind, it didn’t REALLY work that well. People looking for tunnel vision and a primal feeling should look elsewhere, since it’s unlikely you’ll find it here.

Pump 7/10

My suspicions were validated even on the first workout of this product. Does it help with pump? Yes. Does it give you fascia-splitting, nigh-painful pumps that could only be gifted to you from the gods themselves? Heeeeeeeeck no! Even on my higher volume days, I got an above average pump. I swear, if there was a gram or so of agmatine this product would rock and the pump junkies of the world would rejoice. Alas, that isn’t the case here, so let us move on to better things.

Value 8/10

I’ve been seeing some great deals on this, sometimes ranging in the $20.00 range. At my Vitamin Shoppe this product sells for 29.99, just like the old formula. I figure it’s fair, since this is an admirable successor to the old formula, although someone like myself would get only 20 or so servings out of it. As an athlete who works out only three times a week, that isn’t bad. But I’m doing personal training now and I’m exposed to many different types of workouts and am going about five times a week, that edges closer on the spendy side for me. Frankly though, I think what they give you will suffice for most people since not everyone is as stimmed out as me, and it delivers even with 1 scoop.

Overall 8.5/10

Wow, what a great experience. I looked forward to taking this every time and pushed through my workouts easier, even the more puke-inducing ones that I’ve been subjecting myself to as of late. But everyone is surely wondering “Does it stack up to the old stuff”. Like many things, the answer is more complicated than that. Can it go blow for blow, with the old one? I don’t think so. It does however put up a fight much like Rocky does against Drago. It’s a potent, well-rounded formula that has adapted to the recent changes in the pre-workout market almost flawlessly. In every category it seeks to match –if not trump- the old Jack3d, and most of the time it succeeds. So without further ado, I can safely say that for many, the crown has been dropped, and the once and future king of pre-workouts can now have its time at the top. And that product my friends and brothers of the iron, is Jack3d Advanced.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Mixes Easy
    • Decent Focus
    • Needs Agmatine

Jack3d advanced formula review

Lets get right into it…

Ingredients 8/10

For me this is a 2 scooper

In two scoops of the product you get 200mg caffeine, 100mg vitamin C, and a proprietary blend of ingredients — 7,160mg worth.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (5 g)
    Servings Per Container: 45
    Amount per serving
    Proprietary Blend 3,580mg

Caffeine 100mg
    Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 50mg 84%

Other Ingredients:

Profile Breakdown:

Caffeine, 200mg per 2 scoops is a modest amount these days but anymore and this product would be 2 heavy for most users of pre-workouts. It is a nice stim that leaves you a little wirey. A less advanced stim user would be good to 1 scoop for the first couple uses but you would have to be really sensitive to caffeine not to turn to using 2 scoops.

Yohimbe

Yohimbe extract acts as an alpha-2-adrenoceptor antagonist, which significantly increases plasma levels of noradrenaline, resulting in elevated rates of lipid mobilization. In a fasted state this leads to significant energy elevation associated with increased noradrenaline levels.

Norcoclaurine (AKA higenamine)

While yohimbine is an alpha-2-adrenoceptor agonist, higenamine is a beta-1-adrenoceptor and beta-2-adrenoceptor agonist. I came across some research for this compound to have significant effects of dopamine.

Swertia chirayita

The plant is traditionally used in Tibetan medicine for a variety of conditions.
    In a German compendium of Tibetan herbs, published in the 90s, it was identified as a stimulant. S. chirayita was later found in a study on its composition and actives to be a CNS stimulant from specific total xanthones in the plant. I could not personally find a good deal of information on this to really understand its mechanisms for being a stimulant but the product delivers stimulant effectiveness.

Creatine monohydrate & creatine anhydrous

They stick with the tried and true creatine monohydrate, as well as some creatine anhydrous (a more concentrated form of creatine monohydrate).
    Anhydrous simply means "without water". This means getting a more condensed form of creatine.

Arginine nitrate

Nitrates are providing to be more beneficial than most other nitric oxide boosters on the market today with high amounts of AAKG. Nitrate is the intermediate to nitric oxide as arginine is a precursor to nitrate at a rate limiting capacity that losses tolerance to conversion as arginine mediates nitrate tolerance. I am not sure if that is right but I have scavenged the internet and text books and came to that. So the conclusion I got was that nitate’s are better, last longer and are used more efficiently for increasing blood flow, reducing the oxygen cost of exercise, causing ridiculous pumps and boosting endurance.
    I really enjoy nitrates this but would have liked to see agmatine nitrate in this product as I have had better pumps off agmatine nitrate products.

Pinus pinaster extract

This bark contains a group of compounds called procyanidins, which are also found in grape seed extract and cocoa extract. Not active in their original state, these compounds actually become active in the body after they’re metabolized in the intestine.

Pinus Pinaster has been reported to have cardiovascular benefits, such as vasorelaxant activity, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibiting activity, and the ability to enhance the microcirculation by increasing capillary permeability. Moreover, effects on the immune system and modulation of nitrogen monoxide metabolism have been reported.

Pine bark extract can increase nitric oxide on its own through increased expression of eNOS ,as well as a result of its antioxidant activity preserving the half-life of nitrates in the body.

Beta alanine

Beta alanine provides a significant endurance boosting effect, reduces fatigue, reduces fat mass and increases lean mass.I did not feel the tingles in this product as stong but I knew it was there.
    Beta-alanine is a modified version of the amino acid Alanine. Once ingested, it turns into the molecule carnosine which acts as a potent acid buffer in the body.

Carnosine is stored in body cells and released in response to drops in pH. Increasing body stores of carnosine can both protect against diet induced drops in pH (such as occurs from ketone production in ketosis) and from exercise induced lactic acid production.

Vitamin C

Many nitrate products include vitamin C because it potentiates the effects of eNOS and increases nitrate bioavailability. Vitamin C is an antioxidant compound, and is able to appropriate free radicals (and preserve the functioning of Vitamin E) and is replenished by antioxidant enzymes in the body.

Mix 9/10

So two scoops into the water bottle, boom 2 shakes, dissolved, (this is a super fine powder), It does not look like your average fruit punch, it is offset red or more brownish, like a light brick color. Every time I mixed this it was perfect. Just don’t get it on your clothes cause it sticks to everything.

Taste 8.5/10

Fruit punch is not my thing cause the red dye always gives me a headache, but this was such a light flavor that crystal light would be jealous. (No headache) Still original lemon jack3d was my first and favorite jack3d flavor and I would love to see this product in that flavor. The texture is smooth almost like there is nothing in the water and the flavor is clean and crisp with little to no lingering after taste. I have seen now that they have two other flavors: Blue Raspberry and Watermelon

Effectiveness 8/10

Most of my workouts on this product were golden, no stomach upset, good clean energy but a little wirey sometime. This is definitely a 2 scooper to get a good dose of ingredients but I never had to go over that. On some days I would just do 1 scoop if I already had my morning coffee and an hour later went to the gym.

The focus is okay on this product, comparable to the original but sometimes I was so wired that I would just start dong exercises that I did not need to be doing that day, I would get a little ADD on this but at the end of the tub I was able to get more focued. The stimm did not were out on me. I finished the tub getting the same energy I started the tub with.

Stim 9.5/10

It hit me within 10 minutes, spaz, no focus, but not stimed out and jittery, my mind was just wired. Once i started hitting the weights i started to focus more but it does not tote a high focus profile for me so far. But the wired is there, 200mg of caffeine done right.

Focus 4/10

I feel like I have ADD in the gym but this will affect everyone differently. For me I was full of energy for the next hour and a half with only a mild crash around the 2 hour mark but always depending on how hard I hit it in the gym. I have had better focus products (Gaspari SuperDrive, Lecheek SpeedX3, Gamma Labs G Fuel)

Pump 7/10

Always chase the pump! This is no hard hitting pump but it was consistent, It definitely helped on any arm day where i got a pump pretty quick. If it had some Citrulline or Agmatine in it, this product would jump up on the pump scale for sure (Dosed correctly) IMO. This product is very comparable to their micro version as far as pump. The best part was the consistency of the pump, always had nice full muscle pumps and always seemed to have really good contractions.

Value 8/10

It has been in a couple bundle packs with some new Usplabs products, seems like these guys are on a roll with pumping out products lately. I grabbed it on an innercirlce deal for $19.99 free shipping so for me it was around .44 cents a scoop but at 2 scoops was around .88 cents. It is going for $29.97 on most sites and might stick at that price, so you are looking at .66 cents a scoop but if you are like me at 2 scoops a serving it will be $1.30 which puts this at a pretty good value for the energy and at 22 servings instead of 45 servings it makes it so you don’t have a month and a half of this product cause if you are like me you like to try new things.

Overall 8.5/10

So all in all this was a really good pre for me, I enjoyed this enough to buy it again. I picked up some agmatine for a little bit more pump, vanity, but I like it. The combination of ingredients in this product show to be a well dosed replacement for their original formula and i hope this sticks around for awhile. Consistency of this product was the ticket and I am sure will be why it will make a name for itself as a great replacement and a more advanced formula from the Original Jack3d.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Consistent Energy
    • Good Pumps
    • Awesome Taste
    • Not A Big Pump
    • Loose Focus
    Daloof911

sdunlimited

Joined: 1/2013
    Reviews: 29
    Reputation: +1066
    Very thorough review. Still trying to figure out the most acceptable way to pronounce Pinus Pinaster, though...

Joined: 3/2013
    Reviews: 13
    Reputation: +329
    Great review man.

Reply #4:

Reputation: +474
    good review, wish it didnt mess my stomach up.

Reply #5:

Daveo

Joined: 7/2011
    Reviews: 0
    Reputation: +1
    Good review, however I am always curious as to why companies make supps with both a2 agonists and NO products..... They work against each other with respect to vasodilation. Just a little concerning...

July 19, 2013

Reviews: 2

Age: 42

July 19, 2013
    Jack3D Advanced Advances my training

I enjoy reading reviews on this site and decided I would add my experience with Jack3D Advanced.
    I have used both the Original and Micro versions of Jack3D.
    As a member of the USPLabs Inner Circle I had early access to a tub of Advanced. I just finished my first tub.
    I currently am going through the Beach Body Body Beast program and right from the first serving of this product I could tell it was better than the other versions of Jack3D. About 30 minutes after taking this as recommended I could feel that tingle which I really like from pre-workouts..I was able to go up in all my weightby the end of this tub. It makes you feel like you could lift all day. I actually felt the pump through the whole wworkout. After my workouts I felt a calmness..yet still felt like I could lift the whole gym up to 4 hours later.

10/10 for taste. No aftertaste or bad flavoring. Very good easy to mix
    10/10 for effectiveness. Don't recall getting this much from a pre-workout. I am very pleased.
    9/10 for price. Its not free but fits right in the ranges of previous versions.
    10/10 overall. I am amazed by this product and is and will be my go-to pre-workout. I would recommend this to anyone who lifts heavy and wants to get as much out of their training as possible. There is no crash with this. It actually left me feeling great for hours and hours.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Intense Focus
    • Insane Pump

Reputation: +398
      This looks really suspicious. You signed up just to review this product, just like 2 others? What prompted you to write this review and only this review?

Joined: 7/2013
      Reviews: 2
      Reputation: -3
      Well to be honest I was raving about this product on Twitter and Facebook and they said this was the best review site to post on. I do plan on another review of a pre-workout I've been using once Ifinish it called ACG3. Will post that review when I finish rthe tub. Almost done with a tub of syntha6 banana flavor protein that I want to review...but I can't till I finish the tubs

metalhead
      metalhead

Joined: 7/2011
      Reputation: +16
      Really suspicious indeed. I wonder why USP is still considered a trusted brand with "no suspicious activity found" then?!

Age: 36

USP Labs overdone themselves with Jacked 3D Advanced

I discovered sr on the internet. I wanted to be the first to review this product. I have taken several different pre workout formulas NO Explode, Nutrex Hemo Rage Ultra, C4, and NO Shotgun. None of these products compare to Advanced Jacked 3D. I have been taking this supplement for 2 weeks. I have a weight training routine using push/pull routine 5-6 times a week. The energy I got from JAcked Advanced was amazing. I had amazing strength without the side effects of most pre workouts like tingling sensations. I am waiting for this formula to be available. I will be purchasing more. USP Labs made yet another great product. Thank you.

Joined: 7/2013
        Reputation: -5
        I heard sr was the website to utilize for supplement reviews. I always heard things about jack 3d wanted people to know the advanced formula is even better.

ProteinFreak

Age: 26

Jack3d Advanced Formula Review

I want to say, I was a little cautious about trying Jack3d Advanced formula because I was worried that it would not compare to the previous Jack3d. USP Labs offered a special promotion for the release of this product and I was able to get one of the first bottles, really glad I took advantage of the offer!

Day 1: The day I received Jack3d Advanced Formula and also my first day trying it. I noticed the bottle said "100mg caffeine per scoop" and my initial thought was that this stuff would be weak, boy was I wrong! I started with one scoop about 25 minutes before my workout and within the first 10 minutes I could already feel the energy kicking in. The energy continued to grow for the next 30 minutes or so and by that point was ready to move mountains! I didn't notice much tingles from the beta alanine, just a crazy amount of energy. At the start of my workout I noticed a rise in focus as well, which really helped me get in the zone to lift. Probably one of the biggest effects I noticed from Jack3d Advanced Formula was the pump, it was very intense. At one point I had to put the weights down after 3 reps because of the massive pump I had in my arms.

Day 2 and so on: After day 1 I decided to stick with 1 scoop per workout, I thought that 2 would be too intense for me. Everyday after first trying I was still experiencing the amazing effects that I had initially felt( crazy energy, intense focus, unreal pump).

So my initial worry that this stuff wouldn't compare to the original formula was very wrong, this stuff dominates the original stuff!

I did want to mention that when using this stuff, make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. I noticed some headaches the days I was taking it, I'm guessing because I wasn't drinking enough water. After adding more water in, the headaches subsided.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Intense Focus
        • Insane Pump

Reputation: +398

Have you used Jack3d Advanced Formula? Submit your own Review!