Anabolic Pump Reviews

By: USPlabs

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #13 of 26 (better than 52%) in
Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners

Anabolic Pump is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by USPlabs. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.
INGREDIENTS (4)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Improves glucose control by inhibiting uptake of certain carbohydrates and improving glucose uptake in skeletal muscles

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Herb used in Traditional Chinese medicine to treat inflammation and bone pain. Also noted to act as a potent beta-2-adrenergic agonist helping to stimulate lipolysis (fat metabolism).

COMPARE SIMILAR

Gkeezy
  January 7, 2014

I have been reading many reviews on here regarding this product, and since it was on sale at GNC and I had a bunch of coupons, I decided to pick this up, during my bulk to see what it would get me.

Ingredients:

AnabolicPump Proprietary Blend 750.00 mg
P-Insulin (Engineered Extract from Phellodendron) & Tannins Complex (Engineered Extract From Lagerstroemia Speciosa)

Dosage: As a dietary supplement, for the first 7 days take 1 cap twice daily, 15-20 minutes before carbohydrate containing meals. Each dose should be spaced 6-8 hours apart. After day 7, take 1 capsule 3 times daily 15-20 minutes before carbohydrate containing meals, preferably with breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Effectiveness: 5/10 - I will discuss what this product did for me on different categories:

Food Pump - 0/10 - There was no pump, and it didnt matter how many carbs I consumed after taking the pill. There was no vascularity or anything that felt remotely like a pump...

Bloating: 10/10 - This is where the product really shined for me. I usually feel very much bloated after consuming a high amounts of carbs, but when I took this, even 5-10 minutes before my meals, I felt no bloat at all. Maybe it was all mental or a placebo type of effect, but it was fantastic. I am carb sensitive, so this definitively helped.

Build Muscle: 4/10 - Eh I mean I guess because I was consuming a higher amounts of carbs while on this product, it helped me put mass on. But I cannot directly attribute growth just to this product itself.

Taste: 4/10 - Eh usually in pill capsule form there should be zero taste. And this is true if you down the table quickly, but the bottle itself had this yellowish powder, I guess either from the packaging or one of the pills had opened inside, this powder was disgusting when ingested with water. I would always pull the pill out of the bottle and blow on it and wipe any yellow powder off before consuming, otherwise it was pretty bad.

Pricing: 8/10 - If you can get it on sale, it'll run you anywhere from $18-$24 dollars, which is not too expensive for a product that allows you to consume large amounts of carbs.

Overall: 6/10 - I think this was just a placebo effect on me. I mean the no bloating factor was definitively fantastic, but that's about all I got from this product. Also others mentioned that this product should be called anabolic dumps, and it's true, there were times after consuming a large amount of carbs in one meal, I would run to the bathroom and take the biggest dump ever. It was crazy. But sometimes that can be a good thing, keep that colon clean for more food throughout the day.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
  • Prevents Carb Crashes
  • Nothing
  • King Of Expensive For What It Does
  • Get Off The Bandwagon
  • Has You Running To The Bathroom
  • Worst Tasting Capsule Ever.
hasta666
  April 23, 2013

I just finished my first bottle of this supplement. Here is my review :

Taste :
Pills have a disgusting taste, you should really try to swallow them as fast as possible. But in the end, who cares about the taste...

Side effects:
None. I carefully respected the delay and never had any stomach problems. I also made sure to take a pill only when eating a sufficient amount of carbs. As a consequence, I never took 2 pills a day.

Honestly I have to say that I saw no progress whatsoever. Even worse, my BF slightly raised. But I can't really relate it to AP so in the end I don't know what to think. I'm planning to order a second bottle though in order to confirm my initial thought.

Value:
Considering the effect, or the lack of, this product is too expensive in my opinion.

Overall :
No side effect at all, no change of composition of body.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nothing
  • King Of Expensive For What It Does
Aussieborn
  January 18, 2013

Hey SR, this is my first review on here and thought i would start out with a product i can safely say i thoroughly enjoyed! so here i go.

I originally discovered Anabolic pump in my local supplement shop and was recommended by the owner but knowing him to be a former USP rep i figured i'll do some research first only to find a mix bag of reviews by people who either swear by USP labs or absolutely hate them! so i thought i would just give it a try!

--------- What is it? -----------------------
Anabolic pump is a class of supplement called SIMS or Selective Insulin Muscle Sensitizer. What Sims does is create something called "super nutrient partioning" which basically uses nutrients sourced into the body and causes them to be utilized by muscle tissue rather than potentially being stored as fat. USP labs promotes this product as a way of eating excessive amounts of carbs with minimal to no fat gains. sounds to good to be true right?

--------- Value -----------------------------

So as i live in Australia my cheapest option for supplements is usually buying from america such as bb.com however im very impatient! so ebay usually is the next cheapest option. But for the 60 cap bottle it was average priced could be cheaper but for what it did it wasn't to bad.

---------- Effectiveness/Results ------------

One thing i noticed in the first week of taking the product, was that in the 20 or so minutes of waiting for the meal after taking the capsule i experienced a very unique feeling in my stomach almost a pain which was a sign that it was working, but quickly leaves once you start eating! I would probobaly classify myself as a endomorph, so usually i have to be EXTREMELY careful with my carb sources and what not and being formerly obese i found it hard to bulk and eat excessive amounts of carbs however Anabolic Pump has helped me alot. Things i noticed with Anabolic Pump was that after a large meal i found minimal bloating which without the supplement would have occurred. Also i noticed almost an all day pump if i timed my meals right (i dosed the supplement one in the morning 20-25 minutes prior to a high carb breakfast and one 20-25 minutes prior to my post workout shake/meal) with my muscles feeling/looking fuller and a slightly more vascular look. Over the 30 days which the bottle lasted i noticed significant muscle gains which i honestly didn't think were possible in that time frame however being one of my first major bulks i wont contribute all my gains to the supplement, as i was also training longer and harder. However what i most was impressed by was the minimal fat gains, i am probobally around 13% Bf and at the end of the cycle my bf % was the same if not slightly less from personal opinion so very impressed! I also noticed approx. an hour after the meal of which you take the capsule prior, its almost clockwork that it sends you running straight to the toilet, which in some circumstances can be bad, but was a good sign that it was working.

--------------- Overall --------------------

For me personally i loved this supplement and love how versatile it is as it can be used while bulking or cutting. I was definaetly pleasantly suprised that it worked as considering some of the reviews by the anti-USP labs reviewers shaming the product, i didnt expect much going into the cycle. Overall i would recommend this supplement to anyone wanting to make gains with minimal fat, or for someone who wants to shed fat and still have the ability to consume some carbs.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
Kins40
Rep: -5
  January 17, 2013

I first tried anabolic pump years ago when it first came to the market. Back then I was following what some would call a "carb cycling" diet. I only took it on my carb up days. Usually I would have been very bloated during those days. With Anabolic Pump however it seemed to stop the bloat. At that time I didn't notice much in the way of energy or anything else.

Recently I switched to a more "Carb-central" type diet. So I decided to try Anabolic Pump again. This time I took it every day, 3 a day around 20 minutes before a carb meal. I still noticed that I wasn't that bloated for eating all the carbs I am eating. When I take it before I workout with a carb heavy meal I notice I can power through my workouts. It gives me more energy from carbs. At lot of times when I would eat carbs without this I would get tired very quickly after eating. Not with Anabolic Pump though.

Have not lost any fat with it but I'm not eating for fat loss. Overall I would say it really helps with energy. I don't crash from carbs anymore. I'm on my second straight bottle now and will continue as long as I can afford to.

The only thing I don't like is the price increase. Usp Labs went from a 90 capsule bottle to a 60 capsule bottle but the price stayed the same.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Body Composition
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
workoutguru
  November 15, 2012

Well this was the first time I have ever taken a product like this. It was a unique product I thought. I like how this product would allow you to be able to eat lots of carbs and not have to worry about them being storded as fat.

This was another product I got to try for free so it would be easy to give it a 10 but to be fair I would only give it a 7. I think for what this product does the price is a little high. It really depends on where you buy it from. The price varies a bit depending on which website you go to. I wish they would not have changed the amount of pills you get in the new bottle. It went from 90 to 60 now. Why they lowered the pill count I don't know.

Effectivness
It was a little hard to tell if this product did a lot for me. I do think it helped some. I did notice my muscles felt a little more full and had some increases in my enderance and engery. I did feel it helped me gain a little more strength in my lifts. I don't think I really lost anything in weight but I do feel I got a little more leaner.

The hardest part I did not like when taking this was getting the right timing down before my carb meals. A lot of times I was not eating a lot of foods that had high amounts of carbs in it. I was starting to think to myself if this was still good to be taking even if I did not eat a lot of carbs. A lot of the time I was just about ready to eat and then I would remember I needed to take a pill. It says to take about 20 mins before your meal and lot of the time that never happend. a lot of the time it would only be a few mins before my meal. I don't know if that made much differnt in how effective this product was I kind of doubt it but don't know for sure.

If I was into eating a lot more highier amounts of carbs I would say this would be a really good product to take. I think having the right timing down would have made this a much better product for me. I wish I could done the full 8 weeks on this instead of just 4 weeks. I think then I would see a little more improvements in this product and get some better results.

Overall
I thought I this was a pretty decent product overall. I would for sure recommend this if you are going to being eat high amounts of carbs and you want to try and stay a little more leaner especially on a bulk.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Body Composition
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
FlashSunday
  September 28, 2012

Ok, I'm not gonna lie I LOL'd taking the new crash course before writing this review. I am an expert no more, but you punks should know by now that you can trust my opinion when it comes to supplements.

Not going to bore you with the ingredient profile. You guys know that this is a nutrient repartitioner meant to:

--Super saturate muscle cells with glucose and amino acids
--Block glucose uptake in fat cells
--Potentiate the positive effects of insulin on muscle cells
--Block triglyceride uptake in fat cells
--Stimulate lipolysis
--Improve lipid profile

------------Effectiveness(8/10)--------------

Some supplements require a specific dosing protocol for maximum benefits and I think this is one of them, but not necessarily the most sensitive. Sometimes I would take a pill and then force myself to wait the 15 minutes to even eat a bite of food and sometimes I didn't have time and I would just pop it before my meal. Either way, I tried to make sure I had at least 25g of COMPLEX carbs in my meal.

The "food pump" experiences was a little hit and miss, but there were definite times I really felt it. Did I use it as an excuse to get rice on my Chipotle burrito? You bet your sweet butt I did.

I ran this along with a low(er) carb diet, relying mostly on complex carbs. I enjoyed this product because sometimes while cutting I feel "flat" or glycogen depleted because of lack of carbs or calories. While taking this product I did feel like I was utilizing my carb intake much more efficiently.

I also on a cut usually get worn down more easily while working out. I feel like this product played a role keeping up my muscular endurance while again taking a fat burner and also trying to watch what I was eating.

With that being said, I definitely felt like this product played a more effective role than AI's glycobol, which I didn't really notice the effects of much at all.

I did not really feel like it helped too much in the lypolysis department. I don't feel like it trimmed me down as much as it kept my muscles fed and kept new fat deposits from forming.

---------------Value(7/10)------------------

I believe I paid roughly 30 dollars for a months supply of this product. Not a bad value. $1/day is usually my target cost for supplements. This one, however, is definitely more of a luxury and special occasion supplement as it is not a necessary staple in most people's supplement stash. With that being said, its not expensive but its not necessarily a GREAT value either.

-------------Overall(8/10)----------------

As far as nutrition partitioners go, I think this is up there with some of the better ones, though I have not tried SLINSANE, SLINSHOT, NEED2SLIN, ect.

This can be useful for a lean bulk when trying to keep fat off while adding mass and it can be good on a cut when every carb counts to maintain strength and endurance, but you are trying to lose weight. It is, however, more of an optional supplement and is probably not first priority above a good multi, amino, protein, and that sort of thing.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Body Composition
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
  • Endurance Increase
  • Pumps!
  • Difficult To Time Before All Carb Loaded Meals
  • A Little Pricey
line6reed
  September 5, 2012

Ok fellas I am hear to share with you my experience with this unique product from usplabs.

AP is a new category of supplement called a Selective Insulin Muscle Sensitizer (SIMS). A SIMS is a substance that stimulates muscle cells to suck up glucose better than Insulin. Unlike Insulin, a SIMS blocks glucose uptake in fat cells while promoting lipolysis/fat loss. AP also activates GLUT4 in striated muscle cells without exercise or insulin. GLUT4 is a transport protein that is responsible for glucose disposal in muscle and fat cells. GLUT4 is activated by Insulin, exercise, or AP.

Profile:
Phellodendron (Bark), Crape Mertle (Lagerstroemia Speciosia)(Stem). After doing some research I learned that phellodendron is used for osteoarthritis, weight loss obesity, and is also a vasodilator. As far as the other ingredients go I couldnt find much other than that crape mertal can be used as an appetite suppression.

Dosing: The new AP formula comes in 750mg capsules compared to the old formula wich was 700mg capsules. Basically I would take 1 capsule 30 mins before my carb containing breakfast and then I would take one capsule 30mins before my pre workout meal. I feel this new formulas dosing is a lot more convenient than the old simply because it is less pills to remember to take. I would also like to note that I was consuming upwards of 60 carbs with my meals when dosing AP.

Ok now while I wasn't to impressed with ingredient profile The effectiveness is were AP shined. normally I am a super vascular person but while dosing AP my veins were unreal. Last week after breakfast I was sitting on the couch next to my son and he touched my arms and said wow daddy you have lots of lines like Goku. That was the icing on the cake for me. I didn't notice anything different in the gym while dosing anabolic pump but I got it for the nutrient Partitioning and I feel it did that.

Value:7/10
I am not one to really put a value on results and this product exceeded my expectations. I paid $35 bucks for this on bodybuilding.com wich comes out to be $0.58 per serving wich really isn't much. It is Competitively priced with glycobol and slinsane two other products of this kind.

I am really pleased with AP I think this product would do wonders on a bulk, though I am not a carb sensitive person this product gave me a great piece of mind consuming large amounts of carbs while on a cut. If you have room in your supplement budget for this get it you wont be disappointed!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Body Composition
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
  • Pumps!
  • Road Map Veins
    WarMachine
      June 17, 2012

I recently finished a full eight week run with anabolic pump, which began back in April. I apologize for not mentioning it in some previous reviews. Its lack of effectiveness most likely caused it to slip my mind at several points. Please read my review and allow me to explain my experience in more detail. I am going to try something new and organize the details of my review in categories of results much like Petey and Manimal did in their reviews.

First, a quick overview on what anabolic pump is designed to do. Anabolic pump belongs to a class of nutrient partitioning supplements that are better categorized as selective insulin muscle sensitizers (SIMS). A SIMS is designed to increase the efficiency of glucose absorption into active muscle cells and reduce absorption of glucose into less active fatty tissue cells. The cells in our muscles are clearly more active than those in fatty tissue. Therefore, glucose is better utilized through metabolism in these cells. As a result, our muscles are able to obtain more sufficient consistent energy sources and glycogen reserves. In addition, since the fat cells have been starved of their energy source, they are better burned through lipolysis since our bodies tend to burn simpler sources of energy before more complex ones. Lastly, AP's nutrient partitioning properties allow are muscles to better obtain vital nutrients from our food. This helps to catalyze muscular recovery and integrity. Overtime with proper training and diet, this will result in gains in strength and size.

Supplements taken in conjunction with anabolic pump were the following: Kre-alkalyn, myofusion, Razor8, hemaNOvol, myovite, modern BCAA, and aftershock.

Usage (10): Pretty simple to use; simply take one capsule before a carb packed meal. Two capsules are taken for the first seven days and then three for the remainder of the cycle. Each capsule should be taken 15-20 minutes before a meal. I follow a five meal plan, so I took a capsule with meals 1, 3, and 5. Each serving should be at least six hours apart.

Endurance/Stamina (8): In conjunction with the kre-alkalyn, BCAA, and hemaNOvol, I definitely noticed a noticeable increase in my overall endurance and stamina. I was able to train harder and longer in both cardiovascular exercises and weight training. I gave it an 8 because giving a 10 would display a false image that I would be equating this to AP alone, but that is clearly not the case. Still, AP did influence this category of results nonetheless.

Pump (4): I did not see a noticeable increase in the overall "pump" that I was experiencing before starting AP. Beforehand, I was getting a good consistent pump from hemaNOvol and Razor8. Upon adding AP, there was only a slight increase if any were to be present. Therefore, AP seemed to lag in this category for me. Its possible that since I already had a good pump going from the other supplements that there was not much room for improvement here to begin with, so I will be fair and give AP the benefit of the doubt in this category.

Strength/Size (5): Gains in size and strength were relatively minimal with AP. Of course, I was not expecting anything phenomenal or steroid-like, but I believe with the increase in endurance and stamina there could have been more in this category since I was training harder. Saw some increases mainly in my compound movements and a few isolation exercises, so there was some moderate benefit. However, personally I believe that the degree of gains I did achieve could have been perfectly achievable without AP. To be fair, I will stay say that AP did at least provide the benefit of being able to train longer and harder. Since you do need to do so for any gains whatsoever, I will give AP some credit here.

Body Composition/Fat loss (8) Saw improvements in my overall body composition in terms of more definition in my chest, back, legs, and arms. Also noticed some fat loss around my mid-section area. Nothing I would consider astounding but visible.

Recovery (10): Here is where AP really did make a difference. In unison with the benefits of aftershick, BCAA, and kre-alkalyn, AP helped significantly with muscular recovery. The fatigue following my workouts were minimal to virtually absent. I would wake up the next morning ready to attack the iron just as furiously as the previous day.

Value (7): A bottle can run anywhere from 45-60 dollars. I paid 47 dollars for each bottle. Somewhat pricey in my opinion especially if you experience a lack of overall results, but I've seen more expensive so I won't rant and rave here.

Overall (7): I will give AP a seven overall when taken into consideration everything in my experience. The overall benefits I gained from this supplement included mostly improvements in endurance, stamina, recovery, and body recomposition. Anyone looking for improvements in these areas should definitely give this product a try since it is simple to use and not overly expensive. However, if your looking for some edge in strength and size I would say stick with the DAA/erase fad with intensive training and proper diet. After Ramadan, I will give AI's glycobol a try.

TRAIN HARD SR BR0S!!!!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Body Composition
    • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
    • Increases Energy
    • Prevents Carb Crashes
    • Endurance Increase
    • Nice Recomposition Effect
    • Lack Of Results In Some Areas
    PTfootball54
      February 18, 2012

Anabolic pump, as most people know is a nutrient partitioning supplement. The difference between AP and other similar supplements, is that AP supposedly works independently of insulin by activating GLUT-4, essentially opening up the "anabolic window" at multiple times of the day, instead of 30 min to an hour post workout. This is supposed to increase muscle growth, as well as support fat loss.

Taste/Smell- This was a pill, so there want much of a taste, but it smelled like burnt food a little bit. It didnt matter to me because, again, its a pill.

Value- I bought this for around 40 dollars, which isnt aweful, but it is pretty darn expensive. Its not the best value, but i figured it was worth a try.

Pumps- This needs to be talked about. around 30 minutes after taking this and eating my meal, my muscles would get pretty full. Nothing crazy, but they did fill up more than normal. However when i took this with my pre workout meal (usually consisting of 50-80 grams of complex carbs), the pump i got during my workout was insane. It wasnt just a full pump, it was a deep feeling. Its kind of hard to explain, but it felt like the blood was pumping from the inside out, instead of the other way. Again it sounds weird when i explain it, but it was definately a different feeling.

Muscle Growth/fat loss- I did seem to lean out slightly while taking this. Nothing extreme, but i was able to see my "abs" a bit better, and my strength seemed to keep increasing at a steady pace. I cant contribute all my gains/losses to AP because my workouts and cardio changed up a bit. Either way, i did make pretty good gains while on AP.

Side Effects- Really the only side effect i felt while on AP was the Anabolic Dumps that it gave me. Around 5-10 min after i took the pill, it was a sure thing that i would take a trip to the bathroom. Other than that, nothing else to report.

Other Notes- AP did seem to reduce carb bloat a lot. I would consume 60-100 grams of carbs after my dose of AP, and i didnt really get bloated or "sick" from it.

Overall: Personally i enjoyed Anabolic Pump, if it was cheaper, then i would definately keep it in my stack. But until then, i will most likely continue to use supplements like Glycobol or other somewhat cheaper alternatives as nutrient repartitioners.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Body Composition
    • Endurance Increase
    • Nice Recomposition Effect
    • Pumps!
    • A Little Pricey
    • Has You Running To The Bathroom
    dknight
      February 16, 2012

So I have to say I was pleasently surprised by Anabolic Pump. Based on other reviews I looked at before purchasing some people seemed to love it and other claimed to have no effect on them but I was very intreged by AP so I went for it and was very happy I did.

First off AP is a Nurtrient Partitioning Agent known as a SIMS (Selective Insuline Muscle Sensitizer) which in simple terms is a product that takes nutrients from food (in this case carbs) and suttles it to your muscles faster and reduces the amount that turns into fat cells. Meaning theoretically on AP you should both see a decrease in body fat and an increase in muscle size and strenght. Which is of course what we all want, right?

Dosing: Very simple dosing instructions, for the first week take one pill twice daily about 6-8 hours apart and 15-20min before the meal. Then after the first week you are good to start taking 3 pills a day, one 15-20 min before a carb heavy meals which I took as being 40-50g of carbs or more and I did the easy thing and just took it before breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Effectiveness(10): I ran two bottles of AP back to back, so for about two months straight and was more then satisfied by my results. Initially I didn't really notice anything besides the fact that I could eat a ton of carbs without feeling bloated or sluggish. By about the third week noticable body and strength results really kicked in. All of my core lifts have went up significantly over the past two months adding about 30lbs on my deadlift, 20lbs on my bench (which helped me break through a platue, yay!), and about 30lbs on my squat. I know I can contribute most of this to AP because I didn't added anything different to my stack besides it. I ran it with Animal Pak, Kre-alyk, Myofusion, and fish oil which is pretty much my standard stack. As far as weight loss is concered I only lost a few lbs but I know it was purely fat considering my bf% went down from 8.5% to roughly 7%, which is astonishing to me considering the large amount of carbs that I was consuming on a daily basis. There is also a noticable difference in my body composition. The skin around my chest, shoulders abs, and legs look much tighter and they appear more difined.

Side effects(10): There were no noticable sides that I experience. No running to the bathroom, or problems sleeping, none of that. Though I was disappointed to never experience a "food pump" as it claims to give.

Taste(10): Easy, its a pill there was no taste. I know some people complained that the pill as a gross taste but I have no clue what they are talking about, I didn't taste anything.

Value(8): AP is rather pricey, it can range from 35-55 dollars depending on where you get it. I got mine from massnutrition.com for around $37 which I didn't think was terrible but most other places you are looking around the $45 range which is a tad expensive for this product.

Overall(9): Overall I am very pleased with Anabolic Pump, I gained solid muscle and strength, lost body fat and got to eat a ton of delicious carbs along the way!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Body Composition
    • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
    • A Little Pricey

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.