Anabolic Pump

By USPlabs
Anabolic Pump USPlabs
7.9/10
(Weighted average based on 64 Reviews)

Ranks #7 of 36 (better than 83%)
in Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

FlashSunday

This can be useful for a lean bulk

Ok, I'm not gonna lie I LOL'd taking the new crash course before writing this review. I am an expert no more, but you punks should know by now that you can trust my opinion when it comes to supplements.

Not going to bore you with the ingredient profile. You guys know that this is a nutrient repartitioner meant to:

--Super saturate muscle cells with glucose and amino acids
--Block glucose uptake in fat cells
--Potentiate the positive effects of insulin on muscle cells
--Block triglyceride uptake in fat cells
--Stimulate lipolysis
--Improve lipid profile

------------Effectiveness(8/10)--------------

Some supplements require a specific dosing protocol for maximum benefits and I think this is one of them, but not necessarily the most sensitive. Sometimes I would take a pill and then force myself to wait the 15 minutes to even eat a bite of food and sometimes I didn't have time and I would just pop it before my meal. Either way, I tried to make sure I had at least 25g of COMPLEX carbs in my meal.

The "food pump" experiences was a little hit and miss, but there were definite times I really felt it. Did I use it as an excuse to get rice on my Chipotle burrito? You bet your sweet butt I did.

I ran this along with a low(er) carb diet, relying mostly on complex carbs. I enjoyed this product because sometimes while cutting I feel "flat" or glycogen depleted because of lack of carbs or calories. While taking this product I did feel like I was utilizing my carb intake much more efficiently.

I also on a cut usually get worn down more easily while working out. I feel like this product played a role keeping up my muscular endurance while again taking a fat burner and also trying to watch what I was eating.

With that being said, I definitely felt like this product played a more effective role than AI's glycobol, which I didn't really notice the effects of much at all.

I did not really feel like it helped too much in the lypolysis department. I don't feel like it trimmed me down as much as it kept my muscles fed and kept new fat deposits from forming.

---------------Value(7/10)------------------

I believe I paid roughly 30 dollars for a months supply of this product. Not a bad value. $1/day is usually my target cost for supplements. This one, however, is definitely more of a luxury and special occasion supplement as it is not a necessary staple in most people's supplement stash. With that being said, its not expensive but its not necessarily a GREAT value either.

-------------Overall(8/10)----------------

As far as nutrition partitioners go, I think this is up there with some of the better ones, though I have not tried SLINSANE, SLINSHOT, NEED2SLIN, ect.

This can be useful for a lean bulk when trying to keep fat off while adding mass and it can be good on a cut when every carb counts to maintain strength and endurance, but you are trying to lose weight. It is, however, more of an optional supplement and is probably not first priority above a good multi, amino, protein, and that sort of thing.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Improves Body Composition
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
  • Endurance Increase
  • Pumps!
  • Difficult To Time Before All Carb Loaded Meals
  • A Little Pricey

Posted September 28, 2012
Nice review. Should last you 45 days though. The new dosing is 2 per day, instead of 3.

That aside, I love AP. Probably my favorite USPlabs supplement.

iSamurai

Posted September 28, 2012
Even though you're not an ER anymore Flash, you're reviews are always top notch.

CamSTL

Posted September 28, 2012
I am a punk, therefore I CANNOT trust your judgement.

The only thing I liked about this was the Chipotle ref..

Lol, jk, great review man

WarMachine

Posted September 28, 2012
Superior review flash, I think I'll give anabolic pump another try in the future.

Blade410

FLASH REVIEW!

0_0

Posted September 29, 2012
Good review Flash. I've been using AP now for almost 2 weeks. I like how it prevents nasty bloat, and I feel like it helps digest food better.

@ Cryo, it's a 60 count bottle, 2 per day, therefore it lasts 30 days

Posted September 29, 2012
uh oh ^^^ schooling the usp rep on his own product!

Posted September 29, 2012
@Bull, you're totally right lol, I just thought he had an old bottle of it :P

Manimal

Anabolic Pump has mixed results from the consumers

Anabolic Pump is in a unique class of supplements called Selective Insuline Muscle Sensitizer or better known as SIMS. The ingredients in this are designed to help control insulin sensitivity in order to build muscle while also stimulating lipolysis for the loss of fat. AP has nutrient partioning effects in the terms of better using Complex carbs for Muscle Gains and saturating muscles with glycogen and aminos. Insulin plays a HUGE roll in Muscle Gains and bf % levels and AP helps support it. I just wanted to clear that up because I know this supplement brings aton of questions to people new to the game. Now onto my review. And yes it is safe and 100% natural. The P-blend is 750mg, consisting of Phellodendron (Bark) and Crape Mertle (Lagerstroemia Speciosia)(Stem)).

I ran 3 bottles of AP and stacked it with Prime on my bulk phase. I waited about a month after my cut to do some strength training and start bumping up my calories slowly and when I got them to their peak, I starting taking this.

Results- This product claims to induce a massive food pump (Unlike any pump product or AAKG pump) about an hour after a dose. There was no food pump so to speak of for me. That was slightly disappointing because I was excited to experience that. I proCEEded with the cycle and it wasn't until about a month later that I noticed that I looked just as good as I did fresh off my cut phase. Throughout the entire cycle, I only managed to go up 1.5% bf. Not exactly cutting fat, but for having my calories and carbs sky high, that impressed me. I am now about a month and a half off my cycle and my bf% is up roughly 1% with the same diet. My bf% is currently 11% and is normally about 12-13% long before this time in my bulk phase, so I know I can attribute my lean-ness to AP.

The other thing I like about AP was the decrease of the nasty, well known Carb Bloat. I felt like this helped me experience clean energy from food without the feeling of sluggishness after my big carb meals. Definitely felt like it helped me push through some heavy weight sessions and recover better with my diet.

The gains I experienced while taking Anabolic Pump were tremendous. I was having 10 lb increases every week on my compound lifts for a month straight while they still increased after that in slightly smaller increments, and LBM (Lean body mass) was climbing at a steady pace of about 1.5 pounds a month. However, I don't know if I can attribute the majority of it to AP. I know it helped but I felt like Prime was the mackdaddy of my supplement stack. But to stay lean while making clean gains significantly fast is more than I can ever ask for in a supplement. So for that, I thank USP Labs for formulating Anabolic Pump and the rest of their trust-worthy supplement line.

Value- You can find AP in only the 90 count bottle cheapest on the web at about 45-50 dollars + shipping, depending on where you buy from. I recommend ProSource.net or BodyBuilding.com. At first, you dose it 2 caps a day, 15-20 minutes before a complex carb meal containing at least 30-40g of carbs. Then, I believe it's after a week or so, you can bump up to 3 caps a day. I dosed it exactly like this. USP Labs recommends using the 3 doses for breakfast, pre workout meal, and post workout meal but for me it didn't always fall like that since my daily schedule changes constantly. I would usually take it right upon waking before breakfast, have a snack before my workout, take it with my postworkout meal, and then my last big carb meal of the day later in the evening.

**I advise everyone to not take more than 1 cap at a time, take 2 doses closer than a few hours apart, or take a dose without eating because it will cause your body to go Hypoglycemic.** I made this mistake once and never again. I took my dose, fell back asleep, and woke up an hour later with dizzyness, cold sweats, and extreme hunger pangs. I sprinted to the kitchen and almost busted my ass trying to get my oatmeal out lol!

From what I have seen, Anabolic Pump has mixed results from the consumers. For me, I liked staying lean and making gains, so I will buy this again and I will also recommend it to anyone looking to stay lean while bulking, recomping, or even cutting. I also highly recommend stacking it with Prime. That stack can get pricey, I know, but if you have the dough, I think it's worth it.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Keeps Bf% Low While Bulking
  • No Carb Bloat
  • Helps Enhance Clean Energy From Complex Carbs
  • Improves Recovery
  • Improves Body Composition

taysab23

Posted January 2, 2011
A++ review as always manimal.. first rep! lol

toolhead

Great review sir

venom434

good review manimal.

Posted January 2, 2011
Thanks fellas. I guess i missed a spelling error. I spelled Partitioning wrong lol. I will remember to proof read better next time.

Posted January 2, 2011
God, i also spelled role wrong... I've been out of it tonight guys. My apologies for my horrible grammar on this one lmao.

kevO

Posted January 3, 2011
Insulin is spelled wrong at the top too. haha, sorry had to point it out. But honestly tho Great Review...

Posted January 3, 2011
Yea, i found like 200 grammar errors. I'm normally pretty good on the grammar part lol. It's the FST-7 training i tell you! I'm absolutely drained all the time. This week will only involve one FST-7 session, thankfully.

Thanks bro.

bigworm89

Posted January 3, 2011
I dont appreciate the grammer arrors, butt i wheel rep you neways.

ruabeyo
(-110)

Legit bro...

Have you tried Glycobol yet? These two look similar...

Cray

Posted January 3, 2011
Way to follow my awesome review with a terrible one. I expect Meuth will be disliking this very soon...

Posted January 3, 2011
I am running the Pink Magic/Prime Stack starting tomorrow. What do you think about adding this for my bulk stack?

Posted January 4, 2011
Definitely recommend it anytime you are running Prime if you can afford it bro.

Eh... should be called Anabolic Placebo

I have been reading many reviews on here regarding this product, and since it was on sale at GNC and I had a bunch of coupons, I decided to pick this up, during my bulk to see what it would get me.

Ingredients:

AnabolicPump Proprietary Blend 750.00 mg
P-Insulin...

Ingredients:

AnabolicPump Proprietary Blend 750.00 mg
P-Insulin (Engineered Extract from Phellodendron) & Tannins Complex (Engineered Extract From Lagerstroemia Speciosa)

Dosage: As a dietary supplement, for the first 7 days take 1 cap twice daily, 15-20 minutes before carbohydrate containing meals. Each dose should be spaced 6-8 hours apart. After day 7, take 1 capsule 3 times daily 15-20 minutes before carbohydrate containing meals, preferably with breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Effectiveness: 5/10 - I will discuss what this product did for me on different categories:

Food Pump - 0/10 - There was no pump, and it didnt matter how many carbs I consumed after taking the pill. There was no vascularity or anything that felt remotely like a pump...

Bloating: 10/10 - This is where the product really shined for me. I usually feel very much bloated after consuming a high amounts of carbs, but when I took this, even 5-10 minutes before my meals, I felt no bloat at all. Maybe it was all mental or a placebo type of effect, but it was fantastic. I am carb sensitive, so this definitively helped.

Build Muscle: 4/10 - Eh I mean I guess because I was consuming a higher amounts of carbs while on this product, it helped me put mass on. But I cannot directly attribute growth just to this product itself.

Taste: 4/10 - Eh usually in pill capsule form there should be zero taste. And this is true if you down the table quickly, but the bottle itself had this yellowish powder, I guess either from the packaging or one of the pills had opened inside, this powder was disgusting when ingested with water. I would always pull the pill out of the bottle and blow on it and wipe any yellow powder off before consuming, otherwise it was pretty bad.

Pricing: 8/10 - If you can get it on sale, it'll run you anywhere from $18-$24 dollars, which is not too expensive for a product that allows you to consume large amounts of carbs.

Overall: 6/10 - I think this was just a placebo effect on me. I mean the no bloating factor was definitively fantastic, but that's about all I got from this product. Also others mentioned that this product should be called anabolic dumps, and it's true, there were times after consuming a large amount of carbs in one meal, I would run to the bathroom and take the biggest dump ever. It was crazy. But sometimes that can be a good thing, keep that colon clean for more food throughout the day.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
  • Prevents Carb Crashes
  • Nothing
  • King Of Expensive For What It Does
  • Get Off The Bandwagon
  • Has You Running To The Bathroom
  • Worst Tasting Capsule Ever.

Posted January 7, 2014
dude this stuff gave me great bloat pumps and huge dynamic dumps.

willyb87

Posted January 7, 2014
I loved this stuff, i didnt get the pump from it either but i didnt see any bloating. Also gave some major dumps but they were consistently the same time everyday so it wasnt too bad.

Same for me willyb

Posted January 7, 2014
I always found it was better during a cut.

Posted January 8, 2014
The Phellodendron is also known as Berberine... at least it is one of the main plants in which Berberine is sourced.

Berberine is also a yellow colour, and it tastes HORRIBLE. So yes, one of the capsules probably broke open and leaked the Berberine inside the bottle hence why you could taste it.

On a positive note, at least you know they are actually putting the real ingredients in there and not full of fake fillers :)

That's true Muscle

willyb87

Posted January 8, 2014
i cant swallow a pill, so i break them open its definetly a weird yellow color kind of like pollen and tastes awful. Probably the worst tasting thing ive ever had.

line6reed

I am really pleased with AP I think this product would do wonders on a bulk

Ok fellas I am hear to share with you my experience with this unique product from usplabs.

AP is a new category of supplement called a Selective Insulin Muscle Sensitizer (SIMS). A SIMS is a substance that stimulates muscle cells to suck up glucose better than Insulin. Unlike Insulin, a SIMS blocks glucose uptake in fat cells while promoting lipolysis/fat loss. AP also activates GLUT4 in striated muscle cells without exercise or insulin. GLUT4 is a transport protein that is responsible for glucose disposal in muscle and fat cells. GLUT4 is activated by Insulin, exercise, or AP.

Profile:
Phellodendron (Bark), Crape Mertle (Lagerstroemia Speciosia)(Stem). After doing some research I learned that phellodendron is used for osteoarthritis, weight loss obesity, and is also a vasodilator. As far as the other ingredients go I couldnt find much other than that crape mertal can be used as an appetite suppression.

Dosing: The new AP formula comes in 750mg capsules compared to the old formula wich was 700mg capsules. Basically I would take 1 capsule 30 mins before my carb containing breakfast and then I would take one capsule 30mins before my pre workout meal. I feel this new formulas dosing is a lot more convenient than the old simply because it is less pills to remember to take. I would also like to note that I was consuming upwards of 60 carbs with my meals when dosing AP.

Ok now while I wasn't to impressed with ingredient profile The effectiveness is were AP shined. normally I am a super vascular person but while dosing AP my veins were unreal. Last week after breakfast I was sitting on the couch next to my son and he touched my arms and said wow daddy you have lots of lines like Goku. That was the icing on the cake for me. I didn't notice anything different in the gym while dosing anabolic pump but I got it for the nutrient Partitioning and I feel it did that.

Value:7/10
I am not one to really put a value on results and this product exceeded my expectations. I paid $35 bucks for this on bodybuilding.com wich comes out to be $0.58 per serving wich really isn't much. It is Competitively priced with glycobol and slinsane two other products of this kind.

I am really pleased with AP I think this product would do wonders on a bulk, though I am not a carb sensitive person this product gave me a great piece of mind consuming large amounts of carbs while on a cut. If you have room in your supplement budget for this get it you wont be disappointed!

Pros:
Cons:
  • Road Map Veins
  • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
  • Improves Body Composition
  • Pumps!

iSamurai

Posted September 5, 2012
    Thanks for the honest review, Line. I liked the Goku line your son threw out there ;)

Posted September 5, 2012
    thanks you samurai yea when he said that it made my day

Posted September 5, 2012
    AP is my favorite USPlabs product to date! Nothing like eating 300-500 carbs a day and no getting bloated or fat!

Posted September 5, 2012
    Yes cyro it is a thing of beauty

good review bro!

Posted September 6, 2012
    Good review man. I'm looking forward to trying this out. I like how C20 kept bloating and water retention down, I think AP and C20 would be a sick combo.

Thanks for bringing this back into the light!

Posted September 6, 2012
    for sure bro cant go wrong with c20 and ap together

Posted March 6, 2014
    Hi now im taking lipo 6 black ultra, im the third week and found half a bottle of anabolic pump. Right know im more into cutting, can i take lipo 6 + anabolic pump?

petey7408

-Anabolic Pump is a new category of supplement called a Selective Insulin Muscle Sensitizer (SIMS).
    -What is a SIMS?
    -What is a SIMS?
    *A SIMS is a substance that stimulates muscle cells to suck up glucose better than Insulin. Unlike Insulin, a SIMS blocks glucose uptake in fat cells while promoting lipolysis(fat burning).
    -Product Claims:
    * Super saturate (literally force feeds) muscle cells with glucose and amino acids
    * Block glucose uptake in fat cells
    * Potentiate the positive effects of insulin on muscle cells
    * Block triglyceride uptake in fat cells
    * Stimulate lipolysis
    * Improve lipid profile
    Personal Results:
    *Strength/Endurance:
    -Individually I don't find Anabolic Pump to be very outstanding in strength strength increases but endurance was ten fold better. With the amount of carbs I was able to put down and therefore the amount of glycogen stored in my muscles, I blew through sets at the gym.
    *Diet/Carbs/Fat Loss:
    -Aside form the success I have had with AP during my run of it during a lean bulk phase, AP is a great weapon in your arsenal when trying to loose BF while maintaining LBM. For me to be able to put down that large amount of carbs a day while loosing significant body fat is remarkable. Keeping carbs high and still having fat loss is an A in my book.
    *Overall Subjective Feelings
    -Recovery while on AP is incredible. Like stated before a product that has the ability to saturate muscles with glycogen has allowed me to burst through sets and keep a steady schedule/pace even on when I am consistently pushing past PRs with weight and reps.
    -The pumps and vascularity that are promised are not what you will experience with a NO product. Full, pumped, engorged muscles is the only way to describe what I feel like in the gym training. Not only does this provide a mental boost and great feeling but it is creating an environment Primed for anabolism.
    *Overall Ratings:
    -Strength: 7/10
    -Muscle Growth/Retention(Bulk/Cut): 9.3/10
    -Fat Loss: 9.6/10
    -Endurance/Recovery 9.8/10 (both aerobically and anaerobically endurance was greatly increased)
    -Pumps/Vascularity: 9.75/10
    --Product as a whole: 9.35/10
    -AP

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Endurance Increase
    • Nice Recomposition Effect
    • Improves Body Composition
    • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat

Posted December 19, 2009
      how many pills and when did you take it?

WarMachine

I did not see a noticeable increase in the overall "pump"

I recently finished a full eight week run with anabolic pump, which began back in April. I apologize for not mentioning it in some previous reviews. Its lack of effectiveness most likely caused it to slip my mind at several points. Please read my review and allow me to explain my experience in more detail. I am going to try something new and organize the details of my review in categories of results much like Petey and Manimal did in their reviews.

First, a quick overview on what anabolic pump is designed to do. Anabolic pump belongs to a class of nutrient partitioning supplements that are better categorized as selective insulin muscle sensitizers (SIMS). A SIMS is designed to increase the efficiency of glucose absorption into active muscle cells and reduce absorption of glucose into less active fatty tissue cells. The cells in our muscles are clearly more active than those in fatty tissue. Therefore, glucose is better utilized through metabolism in these cells. As a result, our muscles are able to obtain more sufficient consistent energy sources and glycogen reserves. In addition, since the fat cells have been starved of their energy source, they are better burned through lipolysis since our bodies tend to burn simpler sources of energy before more complex ones. Lastly, AP's nutrient partitioning properties allow are muscles to better obtain vital nutrients from our food. This helps to catalyze muscular recovery and integrity. Overtime with proper training and diet, this will result in gains in strength and size.

Supplements taken in conjunction with anabolic pump were the following: Kre-alkalyn, myofusion, Razor8, hemaNOvol, myovite, modern BCAA, and aftershock.

Usage (10): Pretty simple to use; simply take one capsule before a carb packed meal. Two capsules are taken for the first seven days and then three for the remainder of the cycle. Each capsule should be taken 15-20 minutes before a meal. I follow a five meal plan, so I took a capsule with meals 1, 3, and 5. Each serving should be at least six hours apart.

Endurance/Stamina (8): In conjunction with the kre-alkalyn, BCAA, and hemaNOvol, I definitely noticed a noticeable increase in my overall endurance and stamina. I was able to train harder and longer in both cardiovascular exercises and weight training. I gave it an 8 because giving a 10 would display a false image that I would be equating this to AP alone, but that is clearly not the case. Still, AP did influence this category of results nonetheless.

Pump (4): I did not see a noticeable increase in the overall "pump" that I was experiencing before starting AP. Beforehand, I was getting a good consistent pump from hemaNOvol and Razor8. Upon adding AP, there was only a slight increase if any were to be present. Therefore, AP seemed to lag in this category for me. Its possible that since I already had a good pump going from the other supplements that there was not much room for improvement here to begin with, so I will be fair and give AP the benefit of the doubt in this category.

Strength/Size (5): Gains in size and strength were relatively minimal with AP. Of course, I was not expecting anything phenomenal or steroid-like, but I believe with the increase in endurance and stamina there could have been more in this category since I was training harder. Saw some increases mainly in my compound movements and a few isolation exercises, so there was some moderate benefit. However, personally I believe that the degree of gains I did achieve could have been perfectly achievable without AP. To be fair, I will stay say that AP did at least provide the benefit of being able to train longer and harder. Since you do need to do so for any gains whatsoever, I will give AP some credit here.

Body Composition/Fat loss (8) Saw improvements in my overall body composition in terms of more definition in my chest, back, legs, and arms. Also noticed some fat loss around my mid-section area. Nothing I would consider astounding but visible.

Recovery (10): Here is where AP really did make a difference. In unison with the benefits of aftershick, BCAA, and kre-alkalyn, AP helped significantly with muscular recovery. The fatigue following my workouts were minimal to virtually absent. I would wake up the next morning ready to attack the iron just as furiously as the previous day.

Value (7): A bottle can run anywhere from 45-60 dollars. I paid 47 dollars for each bottle. Somewhat pricey in my opinion especially if you experience a lack of overall results, but I've seen more expensive so I won't rant and rave here.

Overall (7): I will give AP a seven overall when taken into consideration everything in my experience. The overall benefits I gained from this supplement included mostly improvements in endurance, stamina, recovery, and body recomposition. Anyone looking for improvements in these areas should definitely give this product a try since it is simple to use and not overly expensive. However, if your looking for some edge in strength and size I would say stick with the DAA/erase fad with intensive training and proper diet. After Ramadan, I will give AI's glycobol a try.

TRAIN HARD SR BR0S!!!!

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Improves Body Composition
      • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
      • Increases Energy
      • Prevents Carb Crashes
      • Endurance Increase
      • Nice Recomposition Effect
      • Lack Of Results In Some Areas

Posted June 17, 2012
      I seriously love this stuff. You stay so lean on a bulk... just wish the price was better.

Excellent product

Excellent product. Makes the user intensely insulin sensitive and allows carbs to be eaten without being shuttled to fat stores. I have noticed a leaning out effect while on this. For this to be effective you must workout (like I am sure you all do), save your high glycemic carbs for directly post workout and then eat low glycemic carbs the rest of the day. Waiting 15 minutes is easy, all you need to do is find something to distract you for 15 minutes (television, hobbies, computer, etc.) and the time just flies by. It is a little pricey, but the ingredients are solid. Look up phellodendron and corsolic acid and you will find numerous studies on their anti-diabetic effects/insulin sensitivity effects (exactly what a bodybuilder is looking for). This product or similar products like this will remain a staple in my supplements.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Improves Body Composition
      • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
      • Increases Energy
      • Prevents Carb Crashes
      • Endurance Increase
      • Nice Recomposition Effect
      • King Of Expensive For What It Does

Blade410

Nice review broski!

Posted July 12, 2010
      Did this help you put on any more lean mass than you usually do?

How did this effect your body weight?

Any strength gains?

Posted July 12, 2010
      I just started AP the other day, and I'm really excited to see how it works for me. Did you do a single bottle, or more?

Posted July 12, 2010
      Spdgreddy- Yes, I was able to lose approximately 2% bodyfat, which brought me down to 10% and gain 5 pounds of muscle.

Kverdone- I used a single bottle, but I have ordered more. I am pretty sure this can be used indefinitely.

Awesome bro. thanks

workoutguru

I thought I this was a pretty decent product overall

Well this was the first time I have ever taken a product like this. It was a unique product I thought. I like how this product would allow you to be able to eat lots of carbs and not have to worry about them being storded as fat.

This was another product I got to try for...

This was another product I got to try for free so it would be easy to give it a 10 but to be fair I would only give it a 7. I think for what this product does the price is a little high. It really depends on where you buy it from. The price varies a bit depending on which website you go to. I wish they would not have changed the amount of pills you get in the new bottle. It went from 90 to 60 now. Why they lowered the pill count I don't know.

Effectivness
      It was a little hard to tell if this product did a lot for me. I do think it helped some. I did notice my muscles felt a little more full and had some increases in my enderance and engery. I did feel it helped me gain a little more strength in my lifts. I don't think I really lost anything in weight but I do feel I got a little more leaner.

The hardest part I did not like when taking this was getting the right timing down before my carb meals. A lot of times I was not eating a lot of foods that had high amounts of carbs in it. I was starting to think to myself if this was still good to be taking even if I did not eat a lot of carbs. A lot of the time I was just about ready to eat and then I would remember I needed to take a pill. It says to take about 20 mins before your meal and lot of the time that never happend. a lot of the time it would only be a few mins before my meal. I don't know if that made much differnt in how effective this product was I kind of doubt it but don't know for sure.

If I was into eating a lot more highier amounts of carbs I would say this would be a really good product to take. I think having the right timing down would have made this a much better product for me. I wish I could done the full 8 weeks on this instead of just 4 weeks. I think then I would see a little more improvements in this product and get some better results.

Overall
      I thought I this was a pretty decent product overall. I would for sure recommend this if you are going to being eat high amounts of carbs and you want to try and stay a little more leaner especially on a bulk.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
      • Improves Body Composition

Posted November 15, 2012
      they lowered the pill count because they lowered the dosage. I believe it is at 1 twice a day versus 1 three times a day. So you still get a months worth either way.

chris004

This product only works with complex carbohydrates

I ran 2 bottles of Anabolic Pump by their self. I received 2 bottles for free and was told that this product didn't do anything and I wanted to find out so I took ap and 100% Whey.

Effectiveness- This product was a miracle worker when it came to eating huge meals, it allowed me not to feel bloated after eating meals that were high in carbs. As far as gains I was increasing every single week I was on this by about 5 pounds a week for my main lifts ( this was good because previously I hit a wall and my lifts were stuck) I don't know if you can attribute those gains to the Anabolic Pump but I know that it helped me stay lean while trying to bulk.

Price: It can be a little bit pricey but this isn't a product you need to use all the time, I use it while bulking and it works for me.

Recommendation:

This product only works with complex carbohydrates and you must go for about 40-70 grams of complex carbs at one time, not fruit, not fiber. So if you eat meals or want to eat meals this high in complex carbs without gaining fat then this product is key to your supplement line up. Don't mess around with that many carbs without this product. Works well for me. I tried stopping it to see if it made a difference because it is expensive.. I gained a lot more fat while I was off of it so I decided to stick on it while my carbs are that high.

Just to be clear, to the guy below me, this does not raise your appetite, Please have the right diet before taking this product, otherwise it wont do anything for you

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Improves Body Composition
      • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
      • A Little Pricey

Raptorbh12

This product was not as bad as Prime. I used it as part of the Asteroid Stack as well as by itself.
      This product does have some merit to it although I do not see...
      This product does have some merit to it although I do not see its place in bodybuilding. Simple manipulation of your own diet would suffice rather than taking this product.
      When I would take AP, I would get very hungry in the time between taking the AP and the actual meal it preceded. This was most likely mental since when you have to wait for food, you begin to crave it more (the thanksgiving effect).
      When I did use this product i would always consume at least 40g of carbs afterwards and most likely more. Afterwards however there was no increase in endurance or energy, I never had a recomposition effect (quite the opposite) and It certainly did not help build muscle.
      My results with this were VERY ambiguous and any positive feelings I might have for it are most likely placebo effects since they are so minimally pronounced.
      In retrospect I did not have "carb crashes" when I took this but I rarely do anyways.
      Im sorry I spent so much money on running this product for 3 months with absolutely no results.
      If you have any questions regarding this review or my usage of AP please PM me.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
      • Prevents Carb Crashes
      • Difficult To Time Before All Carb Loaded Meals

Posted February 13, 2010
      What an honest, honest review.
      Do you know your body type in regards to how you react to carbs? Carbohydrate Non-Responsive/Responsive/ or Reactive? I'm curious as to why you didn't notice any real results.

Posted February 13, 2010
      Dude can im about to start taking this but hte only problem i have is that i hate having to schedule when to take it as it says on the prescription i wanna take it after and before workout u think it might work that way?

Raptorbh12

Ealiev,
      It doesn't matter when you take it as long as its about 20 minutes before a meal containing at lleast 40 carbs.
      Elf,
      I'm not sure what my body type is as far as carb responsiveness but I know I'm not insulin resistant.
      And CKD works wonders for me so omitting the carbs certainly works well for me too.

Posted February 13, 2010
      Cheers, i already started with this and i actually like havig to time it cause i dont miss meals that way, i do have to take a dump every morning tho hahahah. And another thing i was wondering if i could take this with another test booster like cryotest cause i was taking that before and even tho it didnt work alot it gave me those pumps that just keep u goin u kno...