Uni-Liver

By: Universal

Uni-Liver is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by Universal. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

Does Uni-Liver work?
Click to Expand

This is one of those products that as stated before is hard to really know or see the benifits of while on it. I waited for a month after being off the product to write this review so I could make comparisons to how I felt without it.

Profile: 10/10
Calcium 120mg 12%
Phosphorus 100mg 10%

Choline 22mg **
** Daily Value (DV) not established.

Typical Amino Acid Profile...

Profile: 10/10
Calcium 120mg 12%
Phosphorus 100mg 10%

Choline 22mg **

Typical Amino Acid Profile
(Grams Of Amino Acids In 100g Of Liver)
L-Alanine 5459mg **
L-Threonine 2530mg **
L-Tryptophan† 1011mg **
L-Tyrosine 2900mg **
L-Valine 4196mg **
(copy and pasted from BB.com)
To me thats pretty good It allows you to get some extra protien in your diet, and also gives you a good amount of aminos

Dosing/value: 10/10 I dosed this 6 pills 3x's daily with food for about 8 weeks. So it didn't last as long for me as it may for others, but at $13.50 for 250 pills its a great deal, and thats what I'm paying for it at a Dutch shoppette in Afghanistan I'm sure it can be found cheaper.

Taste: 7/10 I know it's a pill you swallow it quickly, but these things are big and they do smell. It's basicaly a compressed liver, and it smells and taste just like fishing bait to me.

Effectiveness: 8/10 I've noticed since being off of these that my muscles aren't as hard and full as they were consistenly throughout the day while on them. My recovery dipped down by about a day for leg day DOMS. Which is what I use to gauge recovery in a product.

Overall: 8/10 I will definitley be using this again now that I've had time to see the difference in not using them. They are an easy way to add some protien and aminos into your diet. And for the price kinda like a multi in my opinion. Some say it's not needed while other say it's a must. I say it's cheap enough so just get some regardless.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Lots Of Big Pills

• slysteps
    December 6, 2011

Been using these for a couple weeks. Like 3 with every other meal. Kinda made my head feel weird for a bit. Now I just get neon pee...
  • SSGdimsmash
    December 6, 2011

Never had those effects your water intake at the right level. I go through abbot 9-10 half liter bottles of water a day.
  • slysteps
    December 6, 2011

Been doing at least a gallon every day
  • chichistrong

I love uni-liver. I got like 3 of the 500ct sitting in my pantry lolol

This is a classic supplement. "Old school" but very effective.

Uni-Liver is an excellent source of B-complex vits and especially B6 and B12, and some minerals, too. It also has a very good amino profile (just take a look on the label) which makes it ideal for everyday and every hour use.

I stacked it with Animal Pak and it worked on me.

This is a classic supplement. "Old school" but very effective.

I stacked it with Animal Pak and it worked on me.

To be more specific, on a "hard day" in which I had to wake up in the morning, work about 9 hours and then go for REALLY intense training, I took AP with lunch plus 2 pills of Uni-Liver.

Three hours later and about 45 minutes before training I took another 3 pills and when I finished my session, which lasted about 2 hours, I took 4 pills.

As a result, during my workout I felt way more energized. When I finished, I noticed a refreshing feeling on my body instead of fatigue and exhaustion.

As a consumer, I always judge a product by the results, if possible of course. Uni-Liver belongs to the category of supps that I truly believe that help. Although is not heavily being advertised like other products, it's really effective.

I also love that Uni-Liver can be stacked with other supps. As I said, I combined it with Animal Pak and was satisfied. You can also try another stacks and see which combo is better for you.

Finally... the price. I bought the 500 pills version for about 30 euros, which is a fairly good price for my country's standards. I know that in US is cheaper and I'm planning to order it from there. In any case, 500 pills can last for 1-3 months depending on the usage.

All in all, I highly recommend it. Try it and see the results.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • You Can Stack It With Many Other Supps
  • Great Formula
  • Lots Of Big Pills

• deeja

This is great stuff
  • 22inchpipes
    December 24, 2010

I second - this is a great old school product. Most people would never take enough pills consistantly, but if you can, you'll get good results.
  • Halls75

Yeap... No pain, no gain :p
  • joe651dzd
    December 24, 2010

Agreed i loved this product. i actually would grind it up and use it as a seasoning. it's different, but delicious!!

I finished my first tub of many more to come of Universal Uni-liver about a week ago. So now it's time for a short and sweet review.

-----------Ingredient Profile---------------

100mg

Choline
22mg

Typical Amino Acid Profile

(Grams Of Amino Acids In 100g Of Liver)
L-Alanine
2900mg
L-Valine
4196mg
"  Naturally Occuring
" "  Conditionally essential amino acid.

On the label it says:
"The Desiccated Bovine Liver In Each 30 Grain Uni-Liver Tablet Is Extracted From Pure, Grass Fed, Argentine Beef Liver That Is Certified BSE-Free."
So basically you are getting amino sources from quality beef that is certified Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy free. Which means the cow didn't have "mad cow," disease. That would be bad if it did. :)
-----Side Effects(N/A)-------------
I never had any problems like constipation, dehydration, or nasty burps and farts while using this.
------Effectiveness(8/10)--------
This aspect is kind of hard to judge because of how I used this product. I used 3 different BCAA products, a post workout formula, and two different whey formulas throughout the whole time I was on these. However, I took 2-4 pills 30-45 minutes prior to working out, and I definitely noticed slightly improved pumps and endurance as compared to right now. Nothing spectacular though. I also sometimes used this product as a quick way to add some more protein into one or two of my meals. Especially the ones where I was out and needed a quick fix to stay in sync with my macros. Since 2 pills contains 3 grams of protein, I think they work quite well for that purpose.

-----Taste(N/A)-------------
The pills taste like the smell of dog food. It's not the worst or best thing I've ever tasted by far. These pills are not that large as compared to other amino acid pills in my opinion. So I think they are quite easy to swallow, even with water. They don't leave any aftertaste so I'm not going to even rate the taste overall.

----Dosing(N/A)--------
Pop 2 or how many pills you want at any given moment. If you can't figure out how to take these, you're a idiot.

-----Value(10/10)---------
Picked up a single 250 count tub from Allstarhealth.com for a whopping 11$ back around Christmas time. I think I averaged about 5 tabs a day during the entire timespan I was taking these. So 250 tabs/5 tabs per day is 50 days. Which makes the price the per day 22 cents. Can be more or less for other people depending on how much they take a day. But I really doubt 11$ is out of anyone's budget.

------Overall(9/10)-----------
This is a simple and effective product for what it is. Would I say this should be a staple supplement like creatine and a multivitamin? No. But this does have it's added benefits as compared to other similar amino acid products. So the bottom line for me is that this product is from a company I trust, I like it, and it's cheap. Thus I will be continue to use it in the future.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pills Are Easy To Swallow
  • Increases Pump And Endurance
  • Free Of Mad Cow Disease
  • Effects Can Be Hard To Judge

LBXSH

This is an "old school" supplement but I just started taking this two months ago and wish I knew about it earlier. This is by far one of my favorite supplements.

-Stacked with - Whey and casein protein, Opti-Men multivitamin, Kre-Alkalyn, and White Flood. (I started taking Uni-Liver a month into already taking this stack)

-Effectiveness: 10/10 - I could feel this the first time I took it. I started off taking 3 tablets three times a day with a meal then I bumped it up to 4. I try to take it with my larger meals and space them evenly. I then started to take 2 with my pre workout meal also and started feeling amazing energy and pumps. The only thing I can compare it too is taking Prime (USP Labs) after a large carb meal and getting that food pump. It also would give me that all day muscle fullness and hardness like Prime did too. Please note, I know Prime and Uni-Liver are not the same type of products I was just using it as an example. Back to the effectiveness. Recovery has definitely improved. Also after taking this for such a long time the effects haven't wore off at all. If anything the effects have gotten more profound with time.

-Taste/Size: 5-10/10? - Yes, they are on the larger side. Personally I could care less about the size of tablet or the taste of a supplement, I am solely basing this on what other people could be worried about. People say it smells like dog food but I can't tell unless I stick my face in the container and I don't mark down supplements for taste or size so you can be the judge on personal preference.

-Side effects: 10/10 - It did change my mood a little, but for the good. I felt "healthier" is a good way in saying it. Nothing else that is noticeable though. All good things, none bad.

-Price: 10/10 - I got 500 tablets for $23 online. Not bad at all. I take 14 tablets on workout days and 12 on off days so that comes out to be around 38 servings which in my mind is a great deal seeing how effective this is.

-Overall: 10/10 - This supplement has worked amazing for me. I wish I could say the same about everyone else but who knows. So far I've heard only great things about it and like I stated before I wish I knew about it earlier because this will always be part of my diet for sure.

-My final words are try it. For the price and how safe it is, I couldn't see anyone not giving this a try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula

• PTfootball54
    December 14, 2010

Great review dude. i love Uni-Liver too, great supplement by Universal (like always)
    December 14, 2010

Thanks man. Saw your review and agree with everything. How many tablets you end up taking?
  • joeoftwins
    December 14, 2010

Any problems with gas? I was taking liver tabs by Beverly International way back when and I was blowing up every room i went into..LOL
    December 14, 2010

Absolutely no gas at all. Or bloat. I usually have big issues with my stomach when it comes to supplements but this was perfectly fine.
  • TheShark
    December 14, 2010

Would you use this product in place of Animal Pack? And would I still need a glutamine supplement?
    December 15, 2010

@TheShark no this wouldn't replace animal pak but the two would stack really well together. Be warned though if you take both that will be a lot of pills to down. You could also take this with another glutamine product and it wouldn't hurt but you don't need a glutamine product if you take these, animal pak and a protein but it's all up to how much you think you need.
  • TheShark
    December 15, 2010

LBXSH thank you for the reply. The pills don't bother me much. I look forward to trying uni-liver out.

Universal doesnt have a bad product in its inventory. I have always been a big fan of the Animal Pak, I dont mind the number of pills, never have. If you can handle the size and quantity of pills that you sometimes have to deal with when it comes to Universal products, you can rest assured that they are going to do pretty much exactly what they claim to do. I was turned onto Uni-Liver from this site actually, and when I hit up my boy Paul at the VS about it, he said that he took them himself. Not the most common supplement, not a lot of hype about it, but there should be. 500 pills for next to nothing, you take like 2-4 pills with meals depending on how hard youre hitting it, and you start to se results pretty much immediately. GREAT source of Amino's, already broken down, you will notice fuller, denser muscles and a better recovery. Honestly, you could buy them and throw half of them away and still have gotten a great deal. They are horse sized though, be prepared. If youve taken Animal Pak, it actually has one of these bad boys already in it. If you havent taken Animal Pak before, go buy it. Dont listen to the nonsense about being too many pills or being "underdosed", go look at the label for yourself. Then try them and tell me they dont do a number on you. A really GOOD number. And dont forget to pick up Uni-Liver. Youll feel the difference.

• blizzard
    June 29, 2009

Hey Adam! I just got uni-liver on the strength of this review. Is it just me, or do these give you just as many bcaa's as something like Modern BCAA's or Recoup, but at a fraction of the price...? Plus they have a good serving of L-Arginine. Honestly, these seem like a no-brainer. Am I wrong? Would there be any advantage to an intra-Bcaa product like those I mentioned, as compared to these? I'm new to all this but I'm really loving Universal's stuff so far.

Uni liver is an amino acid supplement derived from dessicated liver, because its from liver, it naturally has a very high amino acid profile (consisting of EAAs and secondary EAAs and even some BCAAs)because of this it makes a erfect staple supplement. Not to mention that its insanely cheap, it provides a massive amount of aminos from just a few tablets, and when taken with 3 meals of the day, it can basicly make you anabolic all day which results in better recovery, and more muscle building potential. I also noticed an increase in muscle fullness while on this product. Everyone should get this, you have nothing to lose and muscle to gain
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula

• taysab23
    June 15, 2010

Im about to order this product.. does it help with recovery you think?
  • deeja
    June 15, 2010

It's basically 20g more of protein a day so it should help. Also, the b-vitamins will help. I'm using this right now and love it
  • PTfootball54
    June 15, 2010

For me it did seem to help with recovery, its not a recovery supplement but the aminos that you get from this (and like deeja said it can add 20 grams of nutrient and amino dense protein into your diet)can result in better recovery and muscle density. I always love Universal Nutrition's products and this is one that everyone can afford and you get 10x your money's worth.

i have been using this product for about a month now and in my opinion this is the best amino acid product on the market for my active life style. i am a soldier serving in Iraq and we are always on the go. it gives me that extra push during the day

• rochabp
    June 7, 2009

I solute u man
    ur a hero
  • akinhassan
    June 7, 2009

HEY TROJAN besides my home town team The NEW MEXICO LOBOS U GUYS ROCK!!!! YOU GUYS ARE ALWAYS MY FAVORITE SO STAY HEALTHY AND WIN IT ALL

I'm a 61 year old female and I was so fatigued and run down. I started taking these tablets with a liquid breakfast concoction I put together and my energy level just zoomed. I haven't had side effects at all, and no problems with constipation. As a matter of fact it has boosted my regularity, amazingly. I'm not sure if it was the tablets themselves or the breakfast drink or the combination thereof. The pills are huge, and I cannot possibly swallow them, so I eat walnuts while taking the tablets. Well, it does say take with meals. Yes, they smell like dog food sorta, but the benefits cancel out that minor detail. These are well worth the money. I'm getting ready to order my second bottle of 500 tablets. I highly recommend these to anyone who wants to boost their energy level. Just on a side note, I have not been roller skating in literally decades, and I went skating a few weeks ago and out-skated nearly everyone. I wasn't tired at all, and I didn't get sore at all. I was ready to keep going, but they were shooing us out of there.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Large Tablets

As many others have said: "A old school product that is often overlooked but is quite important and should be part of your supplement regimen." People have been using this stuff for years. I have been taking this stuff solid for almost 3 years now.

The Amino Acid profile is perfect, and gives you exactly what you need.

With 3g's of protein per serving, you sneak in an easy protein addition to your daily diet.

You also get some B12, and B6 which are also important.

This is one of those...

The Amino Acid profile is perfect, and gives you exactly what you need.

You also get some B12, and B6 which are also important.

This is one of those products that gives you results in the long run, similar to EFA's, etc. It's an overal benefit to your health.

If your scared of swallowing big pills, you might be intimidated by them because they are rather large, but not as large as other amino pills. Go practice swallowing skittles or something.

I recommend this supplement to anyone simply because of value, and the health benefits it provides those who train hard.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
Sal

Awesome, great everything: amino vitamin profile Im only 160 pounds so only stick to 2 pills with each meal but it works at prevent soreness and boosting the quality of my already clean and good for you diet. it helps give a pump as well
Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.