Universal Uni-Liver

Uni-Liver Universal User Rating: (25 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
Universal Shock Therapy Reviews
Shock Therapy (24 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250 Reviews
SuperPump250 (250 Reviews)
BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
NO-Xplode (356 Reviews)
6.9

Products in the same category:

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9
Cytosport Muscle Milk Reviews
Muscle Milk (113 Reviews)
BSN CellMass Reviews
CellMass (104 Reviews)
ProMera Health Con-Cret Reviews
Con-Cret (64 Reviews)

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Uni-Liver is somewhat of an old school supplement, as it is amino acids from beef liver. It comes in tablet form and is one of the classic, tried and true supplements that many veterans in the bodybuilding game swear by for helping them pursue their fitness goals.

Uni-Liver Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Uni-Liver Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Value (19)
  • Great Formula (17)
  • Great Amino Profile (17)
  • You Can Stack It With Many Other Supps (10)
  • Smells Like Dog Food (11)
  • Large Tablets (7)
  • Lots Of Big Pills (3)
  • Effects Can Be Hard To Judge (2)
October 13, 2013

Age: 33

October 13, 2013
Best source for aminos

UNI-LIVER!

Cow liver that has been de-fatted put through a meat grinder put into a pill press and flash frozen.

Supplements are just that, your are supplementing them for food or using them to enhance your diet.

Uni Liver is perfect. It is not a powder that has been dyed green and flavored melon apple. It is made from beef liver. So this supplement is actually from food. Not made in a lab. (or if it is made in a lab it involves liver and a meat grinder)

Facts about beef liver. high in protein. 3oz serving contains 24g of protein. It is packed with vitamin A and B vitamins. High in iron which gives us energy

Quick history. The year was....... I actually don't know the year, but way back when, when supplements were in their infancy, someone got the idea to take liver suck out all the juices grind it up and turn it to a pill so that we can have all of the benefits without having to actually eat liver.

So Uni Liver is full of Aminos. An incredibly high amount. Serving is two tablets which id actually about four regular tablet because these are HUGE. Almost 5.5g of Alanine (reduced muscle fatigue) 6.6g of arginine(the main ingredient in N.O. supps, however, not enough proof to support its effectiveness) and best of all 5.9g of leucine(makes muscle)

Uni-liver also contains Magnesium Stearate which helps with absorption.

Compared to Beverly internationals liver pill, Uni-livers are twice the size. Beverly international adds more B vitamins but theyalso commit a major no no. They use fillers and add silicon dioxide to their beef liver.

Uni-liver is cheap. $24 for 500 on BB.com. I take nine a day. one for every 20 ibs I weigh. It is real nutrition. This is a Bodybuilding classic supp that has stood the test of time.

Also I like the smell.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Builds Muscle And Power
  • You Can Stack It With Many Other Supps
  • Better Recovery
  • Helps With Feelings Of Well Being
  • Gave Good Pump
  • Got Big
  • Pills Are Easy To Swallow
    MuscleCow
    MuscleCow

Joined: 2/2013
    Reputation: +522
    Incorrect, there is not 5.5g of alanine/6.6g of arginine/5.9g leucine per 2 capsules (3.2g)... those would be ridiculously giant pills. Those numbers are based off of 'per 100g of liver'. So multiple those numbers by .032 to get the actual amounts of 176MG Alanine/211MG Alanine/189MG Leucine.

Something you should know so you aren't thinking your body is getting more than it actually is. To get the amounts you stated you would need to take 31 pills.

Also, lot's of straight 10s lately....

Joined: 3/2013
    Reputation: -4
    I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out Muscle Cow. I never saw that. And I should have gone into more depth on the review as far as servings. I take 9 a day. 3 with each meal. A lot of experts recommend taking supplements with food because it allows more to make it past your stomach acid and into your intestine where it is absorbed through the wall and into the blood stream.

I take 18 a day which is a total of 35 grams. So at that consumption rate about 2.1grams of leucine a day.

For the record the pills are ridiculously huge.

Yes I gave a lot of 10s. If you the there is a better price for the three products I revered please comment on them. I am always looking to save money. For Effectiveness on all three I have not come across anything bettter. In fact I do not know of a better source for aminos than cow liver, so I will compare all amino supps to it which is why it gets a 10. Just like all protein is compared to an egg. An egg should get all 10's. Same as egg protein and every protein supp should be compared to it. it gets a 10 overall because 10+10/2=10 I have know idea how some of the other people on here come up with their ratings. Optimum Tribulus 7 overall effectiveness 7 value 9. Well multiple studies have shown tribulus does not boost test. so really it should get a 0 for effectiveness 0 for price b\c it doesnt work and and then based of the pretend review an 8 for overall since that is the average between 7 and 9. just sayin. But thanks for catching my error.

Joined: 3/2013
    Reputation: -4
    And for the record I take 18 9 morning and 9 dinner. i fudged that up in the beginning.

Reply #4:

June 16, 2012

Reviews: 23

Age: 31

June 16, 2012
     Price: 10. This product is a steal. 500 Tablets for $25. I don't think there is another supplement that has that much serving size for that amount of$..

Effectiveness: 10 I felt great on Uni-liver. I took 6 a day. I really did feel more alert, energetic, and focused. There was a noticeable increase in my muscular endurance. I don't want to way I recovered quicker from my workouts, b/c I always felt like I could keep going.

Overall: 10 I will never use another source for my amino acids. Its AA profile is impressive, and the fact that they are actually coming from food(dessicated liver) as opposed to some powder made in a lab i believe increases its effectiveness.

Some have complained about the size of pills and the # you have to take. However, they recommend you take uni-liver with food. Reason being is when you are eating your throat relaxes so you can swallow with more ease. This makes the pills easier to swallow. Others have complained about the smell but honestly it hasn't bothered me. Great product by Universal.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Formula

Joined: 5/2011
      Reviews: 23
      Reputation: +9
      This is a follow up. I am still using uni liver. I have had no drop off in results. However, another company, Beverly International, also makes a dessicated liver pill. Same exact product but their dosing instructions are 1 pill for every 10 ibs you weigh. So I decide to try this but I stayed with Universal. AMAZING. I highly recommend this dosing formula.

April 20, 2012

TonyAtlas

Age: 43

April 20, 2012
       Just finished my 500ct tub so here is my review. This product is old school back when bare feet, short shorts and donkey calves with another dude on your back was the norm. These are loaded with Aminos and Heme iron. I won't list the ingredients since the previous poster did.

I picked up a tub of 500ct from DPS for $19 bucks I take about 12 a day at 225lbs. So that's about 6 weeks worth. I also use Beverly Int. but it is $35 so this is a great value.

Side Effects: Zero
      As I would expect from a liver tab zero sides.

This product is great for what it is loaded with aminos and iron you will feel some effects if you take the proper dosage some strength increase and lean mass.

This will be a great staple to any BB plan great price with some nice benefits for the price give a tub a try and see what you think.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Formula
      • Effects Can Be Hard To Judge
      March 29, 2012

Age: 20

March 29, 2012
       I finished my first tub of many more to come of Universal Uni-liver about a week ago. So now it's time for a short and sweet review.

-----------Ingredient Profile---------------

Phosphorus
      100mg

Choline
      22mg
      * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
      ** Daily Value (DV) not established.

L-Alanine
      2900mg
      L-Valine
      4196mg
      † Naturally Occuring
      †† Conditionally essential amino acid.

On the label it says:
      “The Desiccated Bovine Liver In Each 30 Grain Uni-Liver Tablet Is Extracted From Pure, Grass Fed, Argentine Beef Liver That Is Certified BSE-Free.”
      So basically you are getting amino sources from quality beef that is certified Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy free. Which means the cow didn't have “mad cow,” disease. That would be bad if it did. :)
      -----Side Effects(N/A)-------------
      I never had any problems like constipation, dehydration, or nasty burps and farts while using this.
      ------Effectiveness(8/10)--------
      This aspect is kind of hard to judge because of how I used this product. I used 3 different BCAA products, a post workout formula, and two different whey formulas throughout the whole time I was on these. However, I took 2-4 pills 30-45 minutes prior to working out, and I definitely noticed slightly improved pumps and endurance as compared to right now. Nothing spectacular though. I also sometimes used this product as a quick way to add some more protein into one or two of my meals. Especially the ones where I was out and needed a quick fix to stay in sync with my macros. Since 2 pills contains 3 grams of protein, I think they work quite well for that purpose.

-----Taste(N/A)-------------
      The pills taste like the smell of dog food. It's not the worst or best thing I've ever tasted by far. These pills are not that large as compared to other amino acid pills in my opinion. So I think they are quite easy to swallow, even with water. They don't leave any aftertaste so I'm not going to even rate the taste overall.

----Dosing(N/A)--------
      Pop 2 or how many pills you want at any given moment. If you can't figure out how to take these, you're a idiot.

-----Value(10/10)---------
      Picked up a single 250 count tub from Allstarhealth.com for a whopping 11$ back around Christmas time. I think I averaged about 5 tabs a day during the entire timespan I was taking these. So 250 tabs/5 tabs per day is 50 days. Which makes the price the per day 22 cents. Can be more or less for other people depending on how much they take a day. But I really doubt 11$ is out of anyone's budget.

------Overall(9/10)-----------
      This is a simple and effective product for what it is. Would I say this should be a staple supplement like creatine and a multivitamin? No. But this does have it's added benefits as compared to other similar amino acid products. So the bottom line for me is that this product is from a company I trust, I like it, and it's cheap. Thus I will be continue to use it in the future.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Pills Are Easy To Swallow
      • Increases Pump And Endurance
      • Free Of Mad Cow Disease
      • Effects Can Be Hard To Judge

Joined: 12/2011
      Reputation: +1249
      That did not transfer over right.

Lifeobunting
      Lifeobunting

Joined: 6/2011
      Reviews: 10
      Reputation: +186
      Still a nice review man!

Joined: 12/2011
      Reputation: +1249
      ^^^Thanks man

January 24, 2012

guidemysteps

Reviews: 1

Age: 61

January 24, 2012
       I'm a 61 year old female and I was so fatigued and run down. I started taking these tablets with a liquid breakfast concoction I put together and my energy level just zoomed. I haven't had side effects at all, and no problems with constipation. As a matter of fact it has boosted my regularity, amazingly. I'm not sure if it was the tablets themselves or the breakfast drink or the combination thereof. The pills are huge, and I cannot possibly swallow them, so I eat walnuts while taking the tablets. Well, it does say take with meals. Yes, they smell like dog food sorta, but the benefits cancel out that minor detail. These are well worth the money. I'm getting ready to order my second bottle of 500 tablets. I highly recommend these to anyone who wants to boost their energy level. Just on a side note, I have not been roller skating in literally decades, and I went skating a few weeks ago and out-skated nearly everyone. I wasn't tired at all, and I didn't get sore at all. I was ready to keep going, but they were shooing us out of there.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Formula
      December 17, 2011

keen

Reviews: 3

Age: 30

December 17, 2011
       I tried this product, based on various Vince Gironda articles. I used 2 bottles back to back, using 25 pills a day, yes, you read it right, 25.

Value.

500 tablets for 24.99 was a good deal for me.

Profile.

Pros

This is what the amino acid profile looks like:

L-Alanine 5459mg
      L-Threonine 2530mg
      L-Tryptophan 1011mg
      L-Tyrosine 2900mg
      L-Valine 4196mg

This product worked for me! I was on a high protein, moderate carb diet, and was recomping at the time.
      Both bottles lasted about 6 weeks and in that period I gained about 5 pounds while cutting body fat without changing anything else in my diet. That was what I was going for and it did what I wanted it to do.

Cons

Smell

It has a strong unpleasant liverish smell. I never care about smell.

Tablet size

This are big, hard tablets. I was using a lot of pills and it's hard to swallow more than 3 at a time.
      These are big tablets

Side effects

Ehm... OK, this product worked great for me, and i loved it.
      Unfortunately I had to stop using them :/.
      These tablets gave me the worst constipation I have ever experienced, even though I was consuming about 1 gallon of water. I don't wanna go into details, but let's just say it was very hard..
      Maybe i was consuming to many tablets but dosing it to low was not effective.

Everybody is different and I have never heard anyone having issues with this, so I would still highly recommend this product because it does help with building muscle mass.

• Could Lead To Constipation

BubbaD

Reviews: 11

Age: 19

December 10, 2011
       Usually took between 2-4 each meal (not counting shakes) Got the 500 count so as far as value goes I doubt you'll find a more complete product for the price and quantity you receive. Had no side effects, took up to 16 a day at some instances didn't seem to hurt me haha.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Formula
      December 6, 2011

Age: 25

December 6, 2011
       This is one of those products that as stated before is hard to really know or see the benifits of while on it. I waited for a month after being off the product to write this review so I could make comparisons to how I felt without it.

Profile: 10/10
      Vitamin B12 5mcg 85%
      Calcium 120mg 12%
      Phosphorus 100mg 10%

Choline 22mg **
      * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
      ** Daily Value (DV) not established.

L-Alanine 5459mg **
      L-Threonine 2530mg **
      L-Tryptophan† 1011mg **
      L-Tyrosine 2900mg **
      L-Valine 4196mg **
      (copy and pasted from BB.com)
      To me thats pretty good It allows you to get some extra protien in your diet, and also gives you a good amount of aminos

Dosing/value: 10/10 I dosed this 6 pills 3x's daily with food for about 8 weeks. So it didn't last as long for me as it may for others, but at $13.50 for 250 pills its a great deal, and thats what I'm paying for it at a Dutch shoppette in Afghanistan I'm sure it can be found cheaper.

Taste: 7/10 I know it's a pill you swallow it quickly, but these things are big and they do smell. It's basicaly a compressed liver, and it smells and taste just like fishing bait to me.

Effectiveness: 8/10 I've noticed since being off of these that my muscles aren't as hard and full as they were consistenly throughout the day while on them. My recovery dipped down by about a day for leg day DOMS. Which is what I use to gauge recovery in a product.

Overall: 8/10 I will definitley be using this again now that I've had time to see the difference in not using them. They are an easy way to add some protien and aminos into your diet. And for the price kinda like a multi in my opinion. Some say it's not needed while other say it's a must. I say it's cheap enough so just get some regardless.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Formula
      • Lots Of Big Pills

Joined: 8/2011
      Reputation: +278
      Been using these for a couple weeks. Like 3 with every other meal. Kinda made my head feel weird for a bit. Now I just get neon pee...

Joined: 7/2011
      Reputation: +554
      Never had those effects your water intake at the right level. I go through abbot 9-10 half liter bottles of water a day.

Joined: 8/2011
      Reputation: +278
      Been doing at least a gallon every day

Reply #4:

Beinamonster

Reviews: 13

Age: 28

April 6, 2011
       Very good product. Took six before and after workout,,, had a lot of energy and strength , training partners couldn't keep up lol it was my little secret !!! Whenever u want to take over the gym take these and u will be a beast!!!
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Builds Muscle And Power
      • You Can Stack It With Many Other Supps
      • Better Recovery
      • Helps With Feelings Of Well Being
      • Gave Good Pump
      • Great Amino Profile
      • Got Big
      March 8, 2011

swolethirty

Age: 24

March 8, 2011
       As many others have said: "A old school product that is often overlooked but is quite important and should be part of your supplement regimen." People have been using this stuff for years. I have been taking this stuff solid for almost 3 years now.

The Amino Acid profile is perfect, and gives you exactly what you need.

With 3g's of protein per serving, you sneak in an easy protein addition to your daily diet.

You also get some B12, and B6 which are also important.

This is one of those products that gives you results in the long run, similar to EFA's, etc. It's an overal benefit to your health.

If your scared of swallowing big pills, you might be intimidated by them because they are rather large, but not as large as other amino pills. Go practice swallowing skittles or something.

I recommend this supplement to anyone simply because of value, and the health benefits it provides those who train hard.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Formula
      • You Can Stack It With Many Other Supps

Have you used Uni-Liver? Submit your own Review!