Ultra Whey Pro

By: Universal

I promised myself that i would write a review before my op which did not happen lol. Because my reviews have been limited with all the unfortunate happenings. Anywho back to the review.

I ordered this a while back at bodybuilding.com, I needed an afforable, quality protein and Universal delivered once again.

Product profile

Phosphorus 85mg
Sodium 125mg
Potassium 170mg

Ingredients: 8.5
Pure Wheyâ„¢(Ultrafiltered Whey Concentrate [Compromised Of ~45% B-Lactoglobulin, ~20% A-Lactalbumin, ~15% Glycomacropeptides, ~10% Immunoglobulins, ~6% Bovine Serum Albumin, ~1% Lactoferrin, ~1% Lactoperoxidase, Protease Peptone, Lysozyme], Whey Isolates, Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides) (Milk), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Lecithin(Soy), Sodium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Beet Powder, Sucralose

* Contains an array of fast digesting proteins, perfect for postworkouts when your body needs a rapid supply of amino acids to prevent catabolism and promote anabolism.
Not that im saying its better than a mixture of whey and micellar casien, but this is extremely afforable. To make this even better they couldve taken out the cholestrol and saturated fat. But hey im being picky.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8
---------------------------------------------

I'm not going to lie but its pretty tough to say just exactly how effective a protein is, but sometimes it is... with this protein i noticed i got leaner quicker and a tad bit harder as well, just what i needed after I was carrying a ton of body fat and another great thing is i recovered quicker and sometimes muscle soreness stayed away, I used 4 scoops daily, 1 in the morning as soon as i wake up, 2 scoops an hour before my workout with some skim milk and 1 scoop with torrent.
Its a suitable product for leaning out and gaining lean muscle mass. but its not a quick fix at all, time and patience are a must and after an entire tub i only lost 5lbs but it was all good with some lean muscle mass.

thats why im rewarding it with an 8, not as good as other whey proteins out there but gets the job done.

TASTE: 6
---------------------------------------------

The taste was extremely artificial and worse more it had an odd aftertaste which takes some getting used to, I'm one of the few that stray away from the safe flavors and go for the more exotic lol, even though most exoctic flavorstaste bad. Lol oh well someday my hopes will be met. i did order strawberry and banana because the flavors seperately are tasty, and i had the orange torrent so i thought it would be a tropical taste, far from it but its not the worst, makes torrent a tad sweeter. but taste shouldnt make or break a supplement.

MIXABILTY: 7
--------------------------------------------

This was another irritation, with water it mixed decently but in skim milk it mixed fairly poorly with its clumpyness and even worse there was always little bitter particles at the bottom of the glass or shaker but i hardly cared about this because i mostly pre mix my powders and this turned out mixed. It was a very watery whey something i just dont like as the flavor almost becomes absent.
I did expect better mixing but hey its just one of those lil disappointments, but i will live another day lol.

VALUE: 10
--------------------------------------------

This is where Ultra whey beats almost all its competitors, with the value.... Even though the protein is real good the value is top notch, a deserving 10. 100+ servings for less than $70, is a bargain in my book.
The cost of protein as a whole has been increasing but its good to see its still affordable for us thanks to universal!

OVERALL: 8
--------------------------------------------

Overall Ultra whey pro is an afforable high quality fast digesting whey protein, with multiple blends of fast digesting whey protein, an ideal protein for lean mass and prep. There are better wheys out there but few can come close to the affordability.
If your wallet is on a diet I recommend this over any other protein!

-Fridge

• WarMachine
      November 17, 2012

MY MAN FRIDGE, BACK IN THE GAME!!!! Good to hear from you again broski and superb review.

How's the recovery going?
    • inyamaboi
      November 17, 2012

Yo WarMachiiiiine! Thanks bro! Much appreciated, it's been a while. And recovery is going well been doing cardio finally this week and for the following 2. Chest still sensitive but it's good to sweat again!! Thanks bro

They sell this at my local grocery store so I go with it. its like $18 for two pounds I'm fine with it cause I can just throw it in the shopping cart while doing shopping so hard to beat that. it tastes awesome. I use chocolate flavored twice per day one with breakfast and one after workout. I have used water to mix in a pinch but that tastes a bit off. When mixed with milk tasted like ovaltine or something like that.
     Cons:

this is a good whey protein.
      chocolate flavour is delicious.
      this is a good whey protein.
      chocolate flavour is delicious.
      if you are reading this review, please dont think that whey protein will make you a Monster. if you want to become a Monster, you should stack with this whey: creatine, glutamine, multi-vitamin and if you have more than a year training, and feel tired, a good preworkout would be a good idea to include.
       Cons:

Very fast muscle building results. Great taste, mixes well, chocolate mixed by milk is like drinking milk shake (that great)
        Increases energy.
        As far as you get it you are going to have a lot of gas , so be careful don't sit next to your fireplace!
        Increases energy.
         Cons:

I discovered this site because I was looking for honest reviews instead of the typical forums full of company reps and people who were given product/swag to write about them.
          I was prompted to write this review because it is my favorite protein. I tried a 6 lb bag first, now on a 10. I tried the nutrex protein inbetween (which is what prompted me to switch back!)
          Ultra whey pro does not bloat you or give you and stomach problems even with a double scoop. No nasty aftertaste or weird texture (nutrex has both). No cheap fillers, no ton of sweetner (huge plus). The vanilla is great because it actually really tastes like nothing, so whatever you mix it with is what it will taste like.
          I typically use it if I'm in a hurry in the morning, but mainly after lifting or wrestling practice. Mix it w/powerade for some quick carvs and it tastes like a creamsicle. I have been able to maintain weight while leaning out during the season and it worked well to add weight during offseason.
          No negative side effects, will for sure keep using. Buying the 10 lb bag brings it about .60 cents a serving for 22 grams which is darn good.
           Cons:
            Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.