Torrent

By Universal
Torrent Universal
8.4/10
(Weighted average based on 24 Reviews)

Ranks #5 of 44 (better than 91%)
in Protein > Post-Workout Recovery Formulas
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

This product gives you just about everything you need

On the advice of my #1 Broski, BLADE, I looked into this product and the more I read about its ingredients the more impressed I was. I took this product a month ago at the beginning of my summer recomp. My goal was to decrease carbs to about 100-150 grams a day on workout days and then down to like 50 on non-workout days. I was training 4 times a week. For workout days my carbs were consumed at breakfast and post workout only. On my off days my main carb meal was breakfast with pretty much just veggies for carbs the remainder of the day. Ok, that being said what's in this product and what did it do. Here's the ingredient profile:

one serving: 3 scoops
-Creatine Ethyl Ester
-Magnesium Creatine Chelate
-TMG

INGREDIENTS: 9.5
This product gives you just about everything you need post workout to Maximize the Anabolic Window and start growth and recovery. From what I've been reading high doses of Leucine post workout are being found to enhance the anabolic process of your post work out meal by 16%. WOW! Research is saying these high doses (up to 20grams) do everything from reducing muscle breakdown to Boosting muscle protein production. This high dose of Leucine along with the nice carb combo of Waxy Maize,D-Glucose,and maltodextrin is where this product really shines to me. You get a triple carb Assault of slow, medium, and fast carbs, with a nice dose of protein, and all the other essentials of a post workout sup like glutamine for recovery, taurine, citrulline, and the creatine complex to boot!

TASTE: 8
I'm not gonna lie, the first time I took this supplement I almost puked. It had a taste and consistency of nothing like I had ever experienced. I got the Green Apple Avalanche flavor and mixed the 3 scoops in a 16oz shaker cup. Believe it or not it mixed perfectly and thats a lot of product with not that much water. But after a few times the taste kinda grew on me to the point where I like it now. I will say that I did experience pretty severe stomach aches and cramps the first time I took this. I'm not sure if this was from the Waxy Maize or the high dose of Leucine but it went away by the second time.

PRICE: 8.5
I paid $52 for the 6 lb. tub which had 28 servings. That comes out to $1.87 per serving. Considering you pretty much get all your post workout sups in one product I think the price is decent. Plus, I was only taking it on workout days which was 4 times a week. The 6 lb tub lasted me almost 2 months.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9
So like I said I was taking this as part of my initial recomp phase of reducing and cycling carbs around workouts in an attempt to drop bodyfat while maintaining muscle mass. I think using it in this fashion is very effective. I was able to replenish my body post workout nicely while still maintaing my carb intake to mainly good complex carbs. The added creatine and glutamine were a bonus especially considering the high dose of leucine incorporated and its "alleged" affect on the anabolic process. I will note that I was training "Heavy Duty" style aka Mentzer keeping my workouts short but intense and I never lost any strength. My diet was somewhat restricted but I was always full of energy when I trained so I do think it was rather effective in that regard. I also noticed a pronounced feeling of all over body fullness about an hour after taking this. The only thing I can compare it to is when you nail a really good meal that fills out your physique perfectly. I have since cut my carbs even further and have stopped using Torrent but if you're on a bulk or semi-cut program I think its a must have. I'm sure it can be incorporated in many different programs.

Here are a few links on some of the ingredients in this product and what the science is saying:

Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • High Quality Ingredient Sources
  • Great Recovery

Posted June 30, 2011
    Top notch review. I'm either picking this up or MHP Dark Matter for my next post-workout shake.

Posted June 30, 2011
    Nice detailed review this is one of my favorites.

Posted June 30, 2011
    this wayyyyyyy before dark matter not a fan.

Posted June 30, 2011
    @king..really? maybe I'll give Dark Matter a shot after summer for my first bulk.

Posted June 30, 2011
    Read your Dark Matter review a week or so ago King and I found it interesting. One of the few negative Dark Matter reviews from a respected SR member. It's going to come down to price and availability for me since I'll be purchasing one of the two during GNC's gold card week. I'll definitely keep your Dark Matter review in mind. The 12g of protein concerns me and may sway me towards Torrent.

JMetal12

Posted July 1, 2011
    Killer review bro. I'm taking this now and it has become my overall favorite post workout supp. Got the Cherry Berry and hate the aftertaste. Def. gonna switch flavors next time. Anyway, great review and great product.

Posted July 1, 2011
    Jmetal. Thanks. Have u tried aftershock or dark matter?

Posted July 1, 2011
    @king. Were u saying u liked this better or worse than dark matter?

Posted July 1, 2011
    sorry brotha didn't clarify but yeah i wasn't a fan of dark matter from the recovery aspect. I did very much like torrent probably third or second favorite recovery drink if you can find dark matter cheap then i'd go for it. May just not have worked well for me but everybody else seems to love it. Torrent green apple was very good.

JMetal12

Posted July 1, 2011
    I've taken dark matter a few times and like it. I prefer adding in a serving of MBCAA's to add a little extra kick. With that addition, I think it's a killer recovery product. Blue rasp. taste is 10/10

Blade410

One of the best results I have had on this cycle

Just finished the second 6lb tub of Torrent. As most of you broskis know out there in SR land, I am a huge proponent of post-workout carbs to Spike insulin, replace glycogen and shuttle protein, aminos and creatine to the muscles. This Anabolic Window is the most important time period bar none.

It was hard to break away from my usual post-workout staples such as ON 2:1:1 and Aftershock, but on Petey's recommendation I took the plunge.

The Review:

Ingredients 9.5: 20g of Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, 8g of Leucine, 7g of Glutamine AKG, Taurine, L-Phenylalanine and Citulline Malate. 3g of CM, CEE, Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Tri-Methyl Glycine. 52 Carbs (26 Sugars) from D-Glucose, Waxy Maize, Maltodextrin. The ~2.5:1 ratio of carbs to protein is desired.

Effectiveness 9.5: One of the best results I have had on this cycle. Took 3 scoops post-workout. Was on a 4 day weight split and 2 days of cardio. Weight is up to approximately 188 (~+5 lbs) now and body fat (not tested) but appears to have stayed the same. Great Results and recovery is solid. Stacked this with Kre-Alk, Jack3d pre-workout, Modern BCAA intra workout. Recovery and result on appear better than 2:1:1 and much better than Aftershock (my old staple).

Taste 8.5: Thru two tubs of Sour Citrus Rush and the taste is very pleasing. Much like sour patch kids and in a good way too. I typically chug it.

Value 8.5: A 6lb tub can typically be had for about $47 with free shipping. I get it on Amazon.Com and it is a solid deal. Look into the subscribe and save deals they have.

Recovery 9: Regardless of the post-workout and supplements I take, I have the typical DOMs, but this definitely helped the soreness a bit. Stacked with Gluta-lyn throughout the day to assist as well.

Conclusion 9.25: If you are looking for a solid post-workout solution w/ creatine then look no further. This is my new favorite post-workout product. ON 2:1:1 will still be in my arsenal for off cycles for sure, but Torrent is king.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Formula

steelfan10

Posted November 18, 2010
      Call this man "the truth" right here, blade gives another 5 star review.

Thanks Broski!

But honestly, your review of the Muscle Marinade was 10 stars!

You are King broski!

Posted November 18, 2010
      Is amazon.com really legit? Like how long does it take to ship? They got some really good deals on universal and controlled lab products. May have to give this torrent a try.

Posted November 18, 2010
      AMAZON is about as legit as the Pope.

I order 100% whey and Torrent there all the time. I have amazon prime so I get free 2 day air shipping.

CAN YOU DIG THAT BROKSI?

Manimal

You'z wack broski blade.

Posted November 19, 2010
      took your advice on this when you gave it to me and i'm lovin it thanks alot brotha! sour apple aint too bad either

@Manimal

Right back at ya broski!

@King

Glad you like it! A solid product for sure

taysab23

Posted November 19, 2010
      dude i freakin loved this product.. fixin to order some of it soon... I've had some other post workouts.. but they don't have anything on torrent.
      good review.. repped.

Posted November 19, 2010
      Thanks for the review... I've never heard of this particular product from Universal Nutrition before (I mix Universal Nutrition's Milk and Egg protein with ON's Casein and like that UN product). I typically use Aftershock when I'm cycling creatine but will try this a try.

Posted November 19, 2010
      Thanks for the review! Have been looking into what to replace my ON whey with when it runs out next week & I'm gonna give this a try.

The recovery wasn't what I was expecting

Universal Torrent "Anabolic Muscle Building Supplement" :Triggers New Muscle Growth with Key Aminos and Creatine:

Why did I buy Torrent?
      - I bought Torrent because of reading the importance of post workout carbs and it had a lot of goodies in it. 8 grams of Leucine, 3 grams of a creatine blend, and other stuff.

Does Torrent Deliver? Yes.
      Is Torrent Worth The Money? Yes and No. Yes, being if you have extra cash because it's a great product and No because it's so damn expensive.

On to the review.

Over the past 2 months I've had the Green Apple Avalanche and the Sour Citrus Rush so the taste will have two categories.

-Taste-
      *(Sour Citrus Rush) 10/10*- On recommendation of my broski blade I tried the Sour Citrus Rush because it supposively taste like Sour Patch Kids. It didn't really taste like Sour Patch Kids to me but it still tasted amazing. It was kind of like a strong tasting orange juice like minute made or something. Also, it smelled great.
      *Green Apple Avalanche (8/10)* When you first open the GAA of Torrent its like did I just buy some dog food? It smells exactly like doggy food. The taste though taste just like a Green Jolly Rancher. Has a wierd after taste but isn't bad.

-Recovery (9/10)- Torrent, Torrent, Torrent. The recovery wasn't what I was expecting. I was expecting to not even be a little sore. I was dumb to think that and I apologize to Torrent for putting it on a pedi stoole. That being said, I wasn't near as sore as usual and the awesome thing was that my legs only stayed sore for 2 days instead of the usual 4-5.

-Euphoric Feeling (10/10)- I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this from Torrent but after 10 minutes of consuming Torrent I'd just get this feeling of happiness rush through me. You can actually feel the Torrent going through you and it makes you feel verry happy.

-Value (8/10)- Torrent is very expensive but if you consider the ingredients then it's not to bad. It does have hydrowhey (not enough in my opinion.) 8 grams of Leucine. Hefty amount of Glutamine. I'd like to see a high Amino Acid Content for Torrent and about 15 more grams of hydrowhey. If you have the extra money go for it but if your on a budget then it's not really worth the money IMO!

---------------------------------------------
      ------------Torrent Vs. AfterShock-----------
      To be honest, I wanted to give Torrent all 10's because I love Universal but to be honest AfterShock has the edge over Torrent for me in effectiveness, not taste! I'm not completely done with my AfterShock, I got a little over half left but I can already tell that its better then Torrent. Also, AfterShock is only 1 more dollar on AllStarHealth.com. If your set on a recovery product either is a good choice and I'd recommend getting little tubs of each to see which one you like more before getting the big tubs!

-Overall (8/10)- I really enjoyed Torrent but I'm glad I decided to try something so I could compare it because AfterShock is superior to it. Again, try both to see which one you like more.

Key Pros:
      Euphoric Feeling
      Saves Your Ass From Crashing (Pre-Workout)
      Awesome Taste (SSR>GAA)
      No Bloat
      Easy on Stomach

Key Cons:
      Not Enough Protein IMO.
      Expensive. (Only buy if you have extra cash.)
      Not enough servings.

I can't decide if I wanna purchase a post-workout again for a while since I'm a teen and don't make much money flipping pizza dough. It'll deffintly be on a Christmas and Birthday list though. Whether it be Torrent or AfterShock, I'll probably switch between the two because my goal is to get sponsored by Universal so I've gotta rep em. If you try this product then good luck and please PM me and let me know how it goes for you.
      Peace, Kubz

p.s.- I've got a few products that are up for reviews but I don't really feel like doing more then one in a day so I'll prolly have one a day for the next few days.

venom434

quality review sir.

Mooselini

Posted July 28, 2011
      Good review bro for some reason it got posted twice lol

Posted July 28, 2011
      Good review, every lifter should try this just for the unique taste imo.

But yeah aftershock is better.

kevO

Posted July 28, 2011
      Very solid review young man.
      Im not a fan of postworkouts, or preworkouts for that matter. Its just much more cost effective to make your own IMO.

blizzard

Posted July 28, 2011
      Nice Review. I know what you mean about feeling this working. Definitely had the same feeling of effectiveness, though it wasn't quite euphoria for me!

Posted July 29, 2011
      Excellent review bro. Epic, just like your procomplex, purplerag

Posted July 29, 2011
      Excellent review bro. Epic, just like your procomplex, purplewrath and animal stak reviews. If it werent for you, I wouldnt have my beloved pro complex in my stack. I will def look into torrent!

Oooooops! Sorry about the first reply, im on mobile! Lol

Posted July 29, 2011
      I know what you mean, I got the same "rush" feeling, as if your body is getting what it craves for after a tough workout.

The product mixes fairly well

I'm posting my first review after reading about hundreds of them on various products. I'm back in the gym after a 6 year break, and about 14 years since I was really serious (6 days a week for 3 years straight from age 18 to 21). That said, there are so many more supplements these days, so this site has been very helpful in determining which ones to use and how to build my stack.

GENERAL OVERVIEW:
      Torrent was highly recommended by other users on this site, so I decided to give it a try. I like the fact that it's an "all in one" post work out supplement. I still added some glutamine, kre-alk creatine, and L-theanine to the mix. After I started taking Torrent I encountered my first minor plateau since starting back up. My strength gains stalled a bit, but after a tub of Torrent, I broke through the plateau and noticed substantial strength gains in every muscle group. I noticed the best strength gains at the very end of the tub- after 3 or 4 weeks of use (I lift weights 5 or 6 days a week).

Recovery 9/10:
      One of the cool effects of Torrent I noticed is my muscles feel fuller and more pumped up for awhile after each work out, and my energy levels are back to normal fairly fast. Since I've only been back at the gym for 2 months, I still get sore the next day after all work outs. In fact, if I don't get sore, I don't feel like I did enough work!

Value 7/10:
      Although the tub I bought is only 15 servings, I found that 3 skimpy scoops (instead of 3 heaping scoops) provided at least 20 servings. It's a little expensive to be a daily supplement for me, but I plan to pick up a tub every couple months.

Taste 9/10:
      I thought the taste was nice, but I'm not picky. I had the cherry flavor and think the flavor is great. I haven't came across a supplement that I won't purchase again simply because of the flavor. I'm more concerned about the results than the flavor.

Mixability 8/10:
      The product mixes fairly well, however, sometimes small clumps end up in my mouth. When that happens I just crush them up with my tongue and keep drinking, so no big deal. I always use a closed bottle that I shake for about 10 seconds.

Side Effects 8/10:
      I did notice some nausea for about the first 5 times I used the product. After that I didn't have any problems, so my system adapted.

Other Supplements:
      Pre Work Out: Beta Alanine, arginine, citruline malate, kre-alk creatine, whey protein shake, glutamine

Intra Work Out: Modern BCAA's 10g

Post Recovery: I added glutamine, L-theanine, and kre-alk creatine to the Torrent. About 1 hour after I take the Torrent, I always eat a high protein meal.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Strength Gains
      • Minor Nausea Until Body Adapts

petey7408

The recovery while using this product was outstanding

Product Highlights/Claims:
      * Enhanced With Key Aminos
      * Triggers New Muscle Growth
      * Osmosulin Delivery System
      * Supports Glycogen Re-Synthesis
      -Formula: I like the combination of the hydrolyzed whey, carbs, and the leucine. This makes it a sound post workout formula. The protein source is the fastest available using hydrolyzed whey. In regards to the carbs, the mixture of dextrose, waxy maize, and maltodextrin is an understandable carb blend especially with the sudden surge around WMS. However, I do think a lower amount of dextrose would be ideal.
      -Mixing/Texture: Product mixes easily in 20oz of water at the suggested serving size in a shaker. Drinking it is not an issue. The mixed drink is smooth without clumping and only has minor foaming that lasts only briefly. While drinking, one can feel a unique texture which is the waxy maize.
      -Smell/Taste: The smell to me is rather odd. It doesn't smell appealing, but it isn't bad either. The taste is rather pleasant and refreshing especially after a workout. I really like the flavoring overall (Green Apple). It is especially impressive considering that the formula contains hydrolyzed whey and waxy maize which can be very difficult to cover.
      -Effectiveness: The recovery while using this product was outstanding. I incorporated it immediately post workout and followed it with a meal about 60 minutes later.
      * Taste: 9.4
      * Mixability: 9.1
      * Formula: 9.0
      * Effectiveness: 9.8
      * Overall: 9.7
      I feel this is a product worth looking into if you are an individual looking for an all inclusive post workout formula. When one considers the contents, price point, and servings contained, then this product certainly shows an excellent level of value for the consumer. The taste and ability to mix easily are great bonuses. Definitely worth looking into for a bulk/lean bulk.
      -AP

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Formula

jgn2112

Posted December 31, 2009
        My only concern...does taking this product eliminate the need for kre-alk at any point (either immediately after or later in the day)? I only ask because I'm a big fan of kre-alk and don't want any duplication of effort.

Everything I want within post workout recovery: ZE TORRENT

First things first this website is phenomenal. This is a first review for me but I felt compelled to shed light on the product.

After reading the reviews and seeing similar results I had to put spin on it. Quick background: 24 year old teacher. I've been lifting pretty seriously through college, played sports and used supplements often and have grown familiar with several products over time. Began my career following college and really lost the time and energy I used to devote to slaying weights on the regular. After my first year working I began regularly working out and reverted back to a supplement I was always a huge proprietor of... Ze Torrent.

I'm going to spare the details of the product because it is outlined clearly through the many other well versed reviews of this product. (Before reading I have to admit I've never taken Aftershock but seeing so many strong comparisons it's something I'm considering)

I began taking Torrent as the Post-Deal as soon as I could get home from the gym. Along with Torrent I was taking Animal M-Stack as a pre (Universal 4lyfe). Some ON Whey mixed with Syntha 6-Isolate (on occasion if I wasn't looking for the big insulin boost from the sugars and carbs of Torrent, thinking lean here). And just an extra steady flow of BCAAs and Amino tabs with meals and pre and post workout. The diet's been, for the most part, pretty lean, making my large carb intakes at night following my workout and try to avoid carbs in the morning. I try to shape my diet after Carb backloading but I don't do to it's full ferociousness. Bottom line, Torrent is a strong product.

(9/10) Strength Gains
        Each workout for me is always centered around a strong core lift with auxillery lifts following. I try to judge gains by my initial lifts, prior to the shreddage. I can't truly accredit all of the gains to the Torrent but I always noticed how much easier I was stroking my heavy weight each week when I was going hard on the Torrent.

(8/10) Taste
        Bottom line I'm not crazy particular on taste. As long as it's not some butt-lick I'm drinking following a workout, I'm good. That being said I did enjoy the taste of the Fruit Berry flavor I have. Not like the traditional chocolate or vanilla I had always turned to for protein.

(10/10) Supplementation
        As stated earlier I didn't delve completely into the true supplement aspect. Reading the label this is a product that really contains almost everything you'd really want. The creatine monohydrate, high carb and sugar intake, 20 g decent quality protein. For those who don't individually supplement each it's perfect. If I want more protein, I take more whey following, it's simple.

(8/10) Body Composition
        Going to be real here, a year off from slamming weights really deteriorates alot of what I achieved in college. That being said I put on the weight with Torrent. Currently I'm on the tail end of a 6 lb. container and I've gone 6'0 180 with 13% body fat to 189 14% body fat. I'm not lean but I've gained muscle mass throughout my entire frame. I've never felt the gains come as quickly as they have now compared to the glory days but in comparison to protein alone it's a drastic boost for the better. I never really approached working out as either bulking or cutting, I'm trying to do both at the same time since I don't look to the competition aspect

I feel full and bloated sometimes from Torrent but it's always a calming feel good bloatness (can't describe but it's not a feeling I get from any other post workout). Appetite has been relatively unchanged. Stomach hasn't been bothered but who knows, everybody is different.

(9/10) Overall
        Not much to complain or nag on a product that offers so much packed into a single easy to consume supplement form. Price can be much and it's definitely not a on-the-budget type deal.

Closing note... I'm a huge proponent of a total diet, supplement and fitness deal to achieve goals. It's hard to measure the effectiveness of one product alone when I'm trying to encompass many things in my diet and supplementation to achieve similar goals. Torrent provides for me though the total supplementation that I'm looking for.

• Strength Gains
        • Bloating At First
        • No Lean Gains

I recommend to anyone that hits the gym PERIOD

Well heres goes one of my FAVORITE sup's.

Well heres goes one of my FAVORITE sup's.

Effectiveness 9/10 Ive tried a few types of creatines and was always alittle sore the next few days. But Torrent is just on a whole nother level. As far as recovery shakes go this was amazing! I was rarely sore after a hard workout. Took 3 sccops per serving and it definatley works.

Taste 10/10 As soon as I opened the bottle I though "Oh crap this is going to suck" But from the first swallow until now I thoroughly enjoy drinking the Sour Citrus Rush. The taste was literally beyond all expectations considering everything thats in it.

Value 8/10 A 6lb tub normally costs about $47 with free shipping(depending where you order it). As long as you get the 6lb tub itll last alittle while.

Recovery 9/10 No matter what I have ever taken I always had DOM. Once I started using Torrent as my PWO recovery I literally dont get sore anymore.

Overall 9/10 I swear by this now. I will try Aftershock next, but I think its going to be hard to beat this honeslty...I recommend to anyone that hits the gym PERIOD

• Awesome Recovery

Posted June 16, 2011
        I didnt mean to click the expensive under the cons...sorry guys

Mixability was very good

Second post workout ive tried. Loved it.

Contents: Good label, not a mysterious single proprietary blend. I took two scoops instead of three every time. So in two scoops you get:

34 grams of quick carbs.
        14 grams of hydrolyzed protein
        5.5 grams of leucine
        Second post workout ive tried. Loved it.

34 grams of quick carbs.
        14 grams of hydrolyzed protein
        5.5 grams of leucine
        2.5 grams fo akg, taurine, and citrulline malate
        2 grams of creatine blend
        plus some calcium, sodium, potassium electrolytes.

Taste of green apple was excellent, it never bothered me to drink it. Reminded me of jolly ranchers.

Mixability was very good, i had little trouble mixing it in a normal bottle.

I paid about $27, if you use the full three scoops its 15 servings which is a little pricey but your getting a good product. I used two scoops to stretch it out. Will buy again, Id highly recommend having this at the gym to down immediately after workouts.

The only thing I dont really like is the creatine. Id prefer not to have it in a product like this and just be able to add it myself if i wanted, but thats just a personal preference.

• Great Recovery

Recovery is awesome, mixability isnt that bad, taste is awesome, great ingredients.

i bought this on special (6lb tub for $14) no lie. i was happy that whole because it was a total steal.
          recovery is awesome, mixability isnt that bad, taste is awesome, great ingredients.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • High Quality Ingredient Sources

admin

Posted January 24, 2010
          Where did you pick that special up?!!?

Posted January 24, 2010
          yeah everyone asks me that...i got it at www[dot]healthsuperstore[dot]com.
          but i doubt its still on it was like the begining of 2009, luckily i got 2 6 lb tubs for $28, shipping was expense like $23

This is my favourite postworkout-supplement, I have finished three tubs and they won't be the last.

INGREDIENTS (9/10): Torrent is quite different from other PWOs it relies haevily on carbs, leucine and some other amino...

INGREDIENTS (9/10):
          Torrent is quite different from other PWOs it relies haevily on carbs, leucine and some other amino acids (taurine,glutamine, phenylalanine and citrulline) and whey protein. I think this is a useful combination. However, I am not sure how 52 grams of carbs, 20 grams of protein and 15 grams of amino acids can add up to only 302 calories. I read that companies are not allowed to "count" amino acids as calories, maybe this is the reason. This FDA policy is stupid and misleading but not the fault of the company.

MIXABILITY (9/10): I took a serving in a blender bottle to the gym, after finishing my workout I filled up the bottle with some tap water and the powder dissolved quite well after shaking about 10 times. Adding some water first and then the powder will probably facilitate th process. Once dissolved there are no clumps or anything.

TASTE (9/10): I have tried the green apple and cherry flavors and have really come to like the taste. A bit chalky and unusual at first but it never gets old and is not as artificial or sweet as other formulas. The green apple is better than the cherry, I think.

EFFECTIVENESS (8/10): With a formula like Torrent you can't go wrong. I have used it for about three months and felt better recovery. I still got DOMS but not as pronounced as without. I didn't "see" an additional Muscle Gain, the effect probably goes back to an iMRProved recovery and takes longer to really translate into Muscle Gain. However the muscles felt "fuller" and I had the strange feeling the muscles trained "soaked up" the ingredients right away. Probably this goes back to the great carbohaydrate source.

OVERALL (8/10): The one thing that lowers my overall rating slightly is that Torrent made me feel bloated the first couple of times I took it(it went away) and that it killed my appetite. This is the reason why i stopped using it because I workout in the evening and want to have a solid meal quickly after I return from training. An intra-product, Torrent and a meal was just overkill for me. But this wouldn't be a problem if I trained earlier and had some time between Torrent and dinner or if there was no creatine in it. Creatine usually does this to me, but I have a sensible stomach, anyway.

I haven't seen or tried a similar effective PWO, so if you can stomach it, go for it.

• Awesome Recovery
          • Post-workout Energy Boost
          • Bloating At First
          • Loss Of Appetite

Posted July 23, 2011
          Nice review bro,have you tried dark matter or after shock to compare?

Posted July 23, 2011
          Thanks! Aftershock has a similar impressive profile, unfortunately it's very difficult to get where I live (Germany. What I don't like about Dark Matter is that it's mainly one huge proprietary blend with only 12g protein. I still might try it if I get a good deal because of the positive reviews here.

I can compare Torrent directly to Nutrabolics Fighter's Food or VPX Synthesize, for example and they don't even come close.

Posted July 23, 2011
          Excellent review, I have been looking for a better PWO. The reviews here have convinced me to give Torrent a shot.