Home > Categories > Creatine > Chelate > Universal > Storm > Reviews

Storm

By Universal
Storm Universal
7.6/10
(Weighted average based on 11 Reviews)

Ranks #4 of 9 (better than 63%)
in Creatine > Chelate
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Overall I'd say this is a pretty good product

Universal Nutrition's Storm. Creatine Matrix and Cell Volumizer. Storm contains 4 different types of creatine for all you non-responders.

-I'd like to start of by saying that I stacked this with Universal Nutritions Shock Therapy, CTL Purple Wraath, Pro Complex, MP Bullet Proof. I still had my staples like Animal Pak, and Fish Oils. The stack went real well together. I dno't recomend Bullet Proof though.

-Taste (6.8/10)- The taste was Grape Splash. It did taste way better than the Shock Therapy's Grape Splash. Storm tasted kind of like Grape Koolaid Jammers, but like a very cheap off-brand.

-Value (10/10)- I paid $27 on BodyBuilding.com for 80 servings. You can find it on massnutrition for even cheaper. It lasted me about 65 days. Since I stacked with Shock Therapy I only did 1 serving while I has Shock Therapy. When I ran out of Shock Therapy I doubled up on the serving. 1 Pre and 1 Post.

-Strength(8/10)- I did get a good bit stronger while on this, but I don't give full credit to it. I think this mainly helped with endurance. For example I could rep 225 more times then before Storm, but my max didn't go up very much. Make sense? I don't give full credit to Storm because I had a very strict diet as well as training routine.

-Effectivness(7/10)- I gained 3 lbs. while on that stack. I don't think I gained much water weight, maybe .5 lb. at the most. I never felt bloated while on Storm. Storm didn't help me get any more vascular, but that's expected b/c I'm already super vascular. I can tell a difference in muscle endurance since I've gone off of it. I have notice also, that my shoulders and lats are bigger than before.

How I took?
-I took Storm pre-workout with my Shock Therapy when I still had it. I would shake them up in 15 oz. of water. As soon as I chugged that down, i'd drink an additionaly 16 oz. of water. I felt that it helped me get a better pump throughout my workout.
-When i was out of Shock Therapy. I'd still take this pre-workout, but with 8 oz. of water and still consume 16. oz aftwerwrds. I also tooked it post with my protein (Not Mixed Together). i didn't really notice any difference in recovery when taking it post.

Ingredients:

4-Hydroxyisoleucine (20%) **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
"  Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients
Natural Grape Flavor, Grape Skin Extract, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K, Fenugreek Extract, Silicon Dioxide

-Overall I'd say this is a pretty good product. The Storm/shock therapy stack is very similar to Animal Pump. I think that I liked Animal Pump a little more though. I will recomend this to anyone. It's comparable to CellMass except you get to keep your gains. Don't bash me b/c i like cell mass..LMAO..

Key Pros/Cons of Storm
Pros-
*Increased Endurance.
*Works well with Shock Therapy.
*80 Servings for 27$.
*Top Notch Ingredient Profile.
Cons-
*No Cons.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Helps Build Muscle

Posted December 22, 2010
    haha awesome as always review broski! I will def try this some day in the future... i honestly wanted to stack it with a hardcore stim pre like 1mr or hemo rage uc... haha first one to rep it lol

Excellent review.
    I'm about 2/3rds of the way through my tub of Storm (the blue raspberry is really nice tasting btw).

Very similar experience for me. No bloat but I do feel "fuller" in my shoulders and arms.

Now I gotta go back and read the rest of your reviews. =P

LIES! I was f1rst!

AWW DANG YOU WERE! lol i was writing my review lol

my bad i meant reply

Posted December 23, 2010
    Haha. I just went back and rep'ed like 4 of your reviews Kub. Some of the best I have read in a long time. Keep it up!! (but don't pass me in rep =P)

Posted December 23, 2010
    Nice rewiew bro and Happy holidays to you and yours

nice review broski

krim

Posted December 23, 2010
    Great review, but what was the problem with Bulletproof?

Thanx Broskis!
    @Krim: I wrote a review on it if you wanna go read it. It just didn't work to well with me.

Thanx Brosephs!!
    @Krim: I wrote a review on it. I believe it was my last review before this. I just didn't enjoy bullet proof.

Posted December 24, 2010
    i haven't tired this, but good review.

Martin

Posted December 24, 2010
    how can you truly rate this product when it is taken with 6 other supplements ?

Posted December 24, 2010
    @ Martin - he could of already been taking the other supplements stacked together, then when Storm was added to the stack that's he started noticing different results.

alot of people do this.

@Martin

He can easily rate this product while stacking it with others. A majority of the members here stack products together for pre/post workout. By him disclosing this information it further helps form an accurate opinion of the product as it was taken.

Martin

Blade410
    he stated that his staple was fish oil and animal pak

jmlstocks

Posted December 24, 2010
    Martin, although I understand your point, I disagree. Many of us have been taking Post Workout Protein, vitamins, and fish oil for ages and we already know the effects. Because those are essentials, you can't exactly stop them just to evaluate a product. Those 3 items cover 3 of his 6 supps and I know he's been taking PW for awhile now and already knows the effects. While it can sometimes be challenging, you can accurately rate a product as long as you don't change too many variables at once.

Posted December 25, 2010
    @Martin..
    Well first off I would never stop taking
    Protein, Multi Vitamin or Fish Oils just to test out another supplement. I mean come on, really? I've been takn pak, efa's, and protein powders for a while. There is no need to stop takin them to examine creatine. They all effect you differently. Someone who has knowledge over supplements would know this. As far as the purple wraath, i've been taking that for about 3 months now. All the supplements I stacked together had different purposes, so it was VERY EASY to review this. Creatine isn't gonna fill my nutritional needs(Pak and Fish Oils.) Creatine isn't gonna fill my protein needs(Pro Complex) Creatine isn't gonna give me a caffeine rush or a pump (Shock Therapy) and it's deffinetly not gonna replace a constant flow of EAA's.

Posted December 25, 2010
    good review sir, im ordering some of this myself next week to see how it compares to my current favorite CL GreenMAG.

I have always liked Universal Nutrition's supplements because they work, plain and simple, and they dont hype up their supplements like MuscleTech, and other companies. Storm is a creatine blend with added goodies like arginine, taurine, Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate and others to help with the absorption of creatine. The directions said to take 1 scoop pre, and 1 scoop post workout but instead i took 2 scoops and sipped it during my workout. The taste isnt great but its not the worst blue Rasberry flavor i have tried. As far as results go, my strength went up a decent amount, my muscles were fuller and harder, but my muscle size didnt increase a lot, which isnt a big deal to me since i bought this product for the strength aspect. And the price is amazing its around 25$ for 80 servings on bb.com which is like 40 days worth. Im not sure how this product afffected my pump in the gym because i was taking HemaNOvol at the same time. Overall, if someone doesnt have much money to spend on supplements and wants an effective creatine, this is the way to go.

Posted July 9, 2010
    I'm thinkin about ordering this for my main creatine source. Did you take 2 scoops on off days, or did 1 scoop on off days seem sufficient?

1 scoop would be fine to take on off days to maintain creatine levels

Posted July 9, 2010
    Did you notice any water weight on this? How long before you noticed strength increases? I just started this and shock therapy 2 days ago.

Posted July 9, 2010
    I did notice a little bit of water retention, nothing significent though. The strength increases were gradual, although im not sure exactly when they started, it was apparent that by the end of the tub i had gained strength. hope this helps and Im liking the stack by the way, I love Universal Nutrition (including the Animal line)good luck with the gains

Posted July 9, 2010
    Yeah thanx bro i love universal to.

Kevn

I think almost every product will work for someone so it is worth giving a shot

After reading many of reviews I had to come to the decision between storm, green magnitude, and muscle pharms creatine. I decided to go with this just because of the extra goodies it comes with. Although it has a lot of ingredients I feel they are somewhat under-dosed at 1 scoop a day, and green magnitude is a better overall product.

---------------Taste 7/10-------------------
    I don't really care about taste but I know some people do so I included it in my review. I ordered the grape splash flavor. It's nothing special but it is better than some other creatine products I've tried in the past. For all of the ingredients included in the product I feel universal did a par job at masking the flavor. It takes a while to get used to but its easy to go down. I'm trying to say it isn't neccesary to hold your nose while drinking!

---------------Effectiveness 8/10------------
    Ehh, it is creatine so it'd better do what creatine states it does. I noticed better explosive power on my main lifts so it did help with strength somewhat. I think the amount of carbs I'm consuming really helped bring out the effects in storm, as I feel all creatine products are better when consuming a lot of carbs. I noticed somewhat better endurance I guess but I didn't really notice what I normally do when taking a beta-alanine containing product. Like I said earlier, I think green magnitude stacked with some bulk beta alanine would be a much better product.

----------------Pump 6/10--------------------
    I included pump only because this product states it has N.O. maximizers in it. I guess I looked more full but that is probably the water retained in my cells.

--------------Value 10/10-------------------
    80 servings for I believe 23$ is about as cheap as you can get except for basic mono. Depending on if you dose 1-2 scoops a day it will last your 40-80 days so this lasts a while and deffintely doesn't break the wallet.

-----------Cons of universal storm-----------
    The one downfall to this product was the actual powder. I opened this as soon as I got it and it made me say a dirty word! The powder was a solid chunk. Every time I used storm I would have to weigh it out which can be inaccurate with cheap weigh dishes. This is what will keep me from buying this product again.

----------------Would I recommend?-----------
    I think almost every product will work for someone so it is worth giving a shot especially at the price. It is a good creatine product but the clumpiness is a major drawback for me. I'd recommend green magnitude over this product and already have some ordered. Additionally green magnitude you only have to take 1 scoop daily and with this it says 2 scoops daily. I've found green magnitude for as low as 24$ for 80 servings on allstarhealth.com. Go for storm if you want to try and pray to god yours didn't get mositure in it. This was caused by either poor distribution by universal or flawed storage by the distributor.

• Extremely Clumpy

line6reed

Posted September 5, 2012
    green mag is my fav creatine but this ingrediant profile has me wanting to give it a go. universal is a tired and proven company so im gonna try it out nice review

Kevn

Posted September 5, 2012
    Well I do like the list of ingredients but I feel they are under-dosed. It would almost be like a pump product containing 500mg of citrulline malate and 50mg of agmatine. They are great ingredient just not in appropriate doses.

line6reed

Posted September 5, 2012
    true true but hey the creatine is properly dosed so all the extra goodies is just a bonus right!

lava135

Posted September 5, 2012
    Nice review - I see you did a little homework and changed formats between your first and second reviews, lol.

Maul

I believe Storm was worth the money. It made me feel stronger, gave me more strength endurance and i improved on all my lifts. I noticed and increased pump while on Storm vs not.

Its a creatine based cell volumizing supplement that claims to have 6 different form of creatine but only 4 are listed on the label (the amounts of which are not listed), time released nitric oxide boosters and "iNOXaulin-7" (which is suppose to speed up absorption). The label lists 0 sugars and 0 calories per serving. There does not appear to be any stimulants or caffeine listed on the label (unless it is coded under some other name i don't recognize) I used the blue raspberry flavor which kind of reminded me of a blue sweet tart. It recommends taking 1 scoop 30min before and after your workout. So 80 serving gets you through 40 workouts. No side effects noted. It seems to be a very similar to Animal Pump.

WhyteGamer's Storm Review

hello guys,

this is my first review. First i have to say that my english is not perfect because i´m from Germany. But i hope you can understand what i want to say.

well, lets talk about the product...Storm - Universal Nutrition.

Taste (7/10): the taste...
      hello guys,

well, lets talk about the product...Storm - Universal Nutrition.

Taste (7/10): the taste is nothing earth-shattering. But you can drink well. I prefer to drink cold, because then it refreshes a bit. All in all there are worse things and it does not taste real bad.

Value (9/10): i paid 37,90€, which are about 47 dollars for 759 gram. I think that's a good price for German relationships.

Effect (10/10): Universal's Storm is really one of the few products that strike at me. I've tried many NO booster. Nothing comes in at Storm. At best Gaspari's SizeOn Intra-Workout. Genuinely world class. Full point number here. The muscle hardness is enormous.

Stacks: One week I'm combining it with Shock Therapy. It works great.

Alternatives: The only product that I've reached such a strengh is Gaspari's SizeOn Intra-Workout.

For me there were no side effects. Also in combination with Shock Therapy.

I can highly recommend this product. Universal is a very dedicated manufacturer.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • No Side Effects

Virtus

Posted July 7, 2012
        I liked this well, mad diarrhea first couple times using it though.

Posted July 7, 2012
        I've already had three cures behind me. could never complain of diarrhea. but the farts stink pretty much.

Virtus

Posted July 7, 2012
        "Three Cures" I dont think is the correct translation into english, I am not sure what that means.

Posted July 7, 2012
        I've applied the product three times. Maybe you can understand what i mean ;)

JerHSU2014's Storm Review

Storm is a creatine product from Universal Nutrition, great brand. I used Storm as part of my post workout shake, along with 10 g's bcaa's. It has been my go-to creatine product for a long time. I buy the 80 serving container and it usually last me about 2 months. I always have good recovery while on Storm. The only con would be is the taste, nothing like fruit punch.

SWmachine's Storm Review

Did the loading phase and then the 1 scoop after each workout. I've been using it for about 1 month now and I do feel an increase in stamina at the gym. take a little bit before and you will feel increased concentration and a bit more of a pump. take the rest after and it helps speed up my muscle recover and increase fluid in my muscle tissue. The taste is pretty good, a bit salty from all the different forms of creatine and the inoxosulin complex. My own personal opinion is that it could do with out all the fake dye. I like the grape flavor best. Overall great product!

VANatural's Storm Review

I'm going to give you my complete honest opinion on this. The only reason I purchased this product was because I was under the impression it would make for a nice bulking stack in which I only used Universal products (Real Gains, Animal Pump, Ultra Whey Pro, Casein Pro). Let me cut to the chase. This product claims to be a cell volumizing creatine meant to be taken before and after training (taking it after training proved to be extremely inconvenient).

Pricing 6/10
          It's priced pretty cheap per amounts, but it's not worth a cent in my opinion. Still, if you're set on buying this, I'd say the pricing is fair.

Effectiveness 4/10
          Storm helped me do absolutely nothing. Keep in mind I started taking this directly after a run with Animal Pump. The contrast between the two was tremendous. This product seemed to only work as a daily creatine (and a bad one at that), rather than a pre and post workout cell volumizer. So, the only reason I rated it a little higher than I might have is that it did its job as a cheap creatine. Unfortunately, it did absolutely nothing as a pre-workout. My workouts were boring, excruciating to get through, and my lifts actually ended up decreasing (good thing I got right back on the Animal Pump).

Taste 7/10
          The taste is nothing to write home about and got pretty annoying after a while, but it was by no means bad. The strange thing was that whenever I opened the container, the smell of grape was so powerful, it hurt to breathe so close, and you could see the fine powder float into the air a little bit. That's not a good sign at all and it tells me they most likely overdid it with dyes. I think the most annoying part of drinking it was downing it after my workouts so I could quickly refill my shaker with water and protein powder.

Mixability 10/10
          It mixed pretty well. It's a pre-workout, what do you expect, right?

Side Effects 3/10
          I experienced some bloating with this, as was to be expected, as it is creatine, but it was more bloating than I've had on any other creatine (though I haven't taken many).

Overall, I'd reccomend you not to purchase this product. If you're looking to pack on size, look elsewhere, because it does close to nothing.

Pros:
          Cons:
            • Does Nothing
            • Annoying To Drink Before And After Training

horrible artificial taste and awful deep purple colour

This is another Universal product i have tried. The effects are comparable, maybe even slighter to regular and way cheaper monohydrate. The reason why im not buying this again is its horrible artificial taste and awful deep purple colour. Sipping on it was real pain, and it must contain huge amounts of harmful azo food dyes, stay away.

Pros:
            Cons:
            • Increased Strength
            • Helps Build Muscle
            • Full Of Harmfull Artificial Dyes

I think thats good value for money

hey i got this just over 3 weeks ago and have to admit so far ive been very impressed with the results im getting in the gym!! my squat has jumped to 125 kgs for reps and my deadlift has gone up to 130 kgs for reps! I also feel much more energized while in the gym and find i can keep pushing myself that bit longer :) the taste is ok not the worst and not the best and at 45 euro for 80 servings i think thats good value for money!!

Pros:
            Cons:
            • Increased Strength

deeja

Posted August 21, 2010
              wait til you're done the supplement to write the review.

Posted August 21, 2010
              i think i have a fair idea if a supplement is going to work after 3 weeks!!and im pretty sure not every review here is written after there finished with it!