BCAA Stack AAC

By: Universal

Ran 2 bottles, the small one (250g) and the big one (1000g), both grape.

This BCAA have a good profile and good amount of Glutamine. The price is fair. I used it 1st time during a cut, to keep my calories intake as low as possible and using it to recover. The second time I stacked with whey protein.
When using it solo, I used 2 scoops (1 scoop intra-workout and 1 right after). When stacking with whey I used the BCAA 1 scoop intra-workout and the whey post-workout.

Taste: 7. It's OK. And I don't care about it, after all it's a supplement and not a dessert.

Profile/Dosing:...
Ran 2 bottles, the small one (250g) and the big one (1000g), both grape.

Profile/Dosing: 9/9. 5g of BCAA and 2.75g of Glutamine out of 10 grams scoop (2.25g of "fillers", flavor and all other stuff).

Mixability: 9. We all need to know BCAAs sold this way will not dissolve 100%. This one had a great mixability. Few particles were floating after shaking it for 30 seconds or something like that.

Effectiveness: 8. I can make 2 comparisions here: with BCAA+G (from MRM) and when I take 2 scoops of whey (1 pre and 1 post). The best results for me is taking 2 scoops of whey (the amount of BCAAs and glutamine are nearly the same, but I think that the other aminos that whey give me are more effective). But during my crazy cutting this BCAA (2 scoops due my weight) allowed me to train for 90-100 minutes 6 days a week with lots of cardio. And I could feel the difference on the days I was off BCAA and the days I was on (I tested it to check if it was just a placebo effect or it was really helping me).

Price: 8. Got it for 18 bucks (250g) and 50 bucks (1000g) on BB.com. What kills me is the price I pay to bring that to Brazil (shippment and customs). But It's cheaper than buying it here. 250g is like 25 servings, so it lasted a month when I used only 1 serving a day.

Would I take it again? Maybe. I had better results with 2 scoops of whey (30g pre and 30g post). If I need to make a crazy cut maybe I would buy it again.
I also think to smaller guys who needs a good recovery (if 1 scoop is enough to you) it can be a good staple. If you need 2 scoops to feel something like me, I think there might be better options out there.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Mixes Well
  • Contains Glutamine And Bcaas

This is my first review on SR.com. I am reviewing the three products I used in my stack this past month. I got my Universal 250 gram BCAA Stack for $23 on BB.com which is a good value. It is a 10 g scoop per serving. I would mix a scoop and a half with my PWO SUPP-D and ConCret. I would take one scoop during workouts and then another scoop with my Myogenix gainer after workouts. Because I was taking so much I went through my Universal BCAA stack pretty quickly.

Here is the BCAA profile:

Glutamine 2.75g
    Leucine 2.5g
    Isoleucine 1.25g
    Valine 1.25g

Xtend and other BCAA stacks have citruline malate and electrolytes which Universal BCAA stack lacks. I will comment on the comparison after I finish Xtend this month.

I definitely noticed more energy throughout my workout and more recovery the next day. I am a junior college weightlifting coach so I am constantly doing performance training. BCAAs are great for sports and I really noticed a difference.

There is much to comment on BCAAs but Universal BCAA stack gave me good energy during workouts, worked great in combination with Concret and SUPP-D, and helped with my recovery.

Definitely check this product out.

Not to mention the grape flavor is pretty good.
    • Contains Glutamine And Bcaas

Great BCAA product, alot better than USP Labs modern BCAA.

I noticed these when taking this product

-muscle fullness
      -appetite
      -density/size
      -strength

No side effects of course.

Great BCAA product! Very solid!
      Great BCAA product, alot better than USP Labs modern BCAA.

I noticed these when taking this product

-muscle fullness
      -appetite
      -density/size
      -strength

No side effects of course.

Great BCAA product! Very solid!
      • Great To Drink During Workout

• blizzard
          June 25, 2011

Why do you think this is a lot better than Modern BCAA?
        • AnabolicKid
          (-14)
          June 25, 2011

Ive taken modern bcaa, for some reason universal's bcaa just worked better on me, prolly because of the quality they use, USP tends to use great quality mixed with dust in their products, thats why they want you to take alot of servings for their products. Alot of supplement companies do this. Universal does not!
        • DogRomeo
          June 25, 2011

Can we talk taste? Was there a terrible chemical flavor or what? Thanks bro.

ncm7772

I doubt I will ever use another BCAA supplement. I simply love this product! Since I've been using this stuff, I very rarely have a bad workout. I mix up a scoop or 2 with water and drink during my workout. It keeps me from getting catabolic during my workouts, and allows me to hit the weights harder.

The taste is great, too. I've tried orange + grape, both were solid. Also, it mixes great! After you shake it, you won't see any sediment at the bottom of your bottle, which is convienent (sp?). Also contains glutamine, which is never a bad thing!

I highly recommend this product to anyone who hits the weights hard.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Anti-catabolic
        • Mixes Well
        • Contains Glutamine And Bcaas
        • Great To Drink During Workout

I bought this product due to Universals name and known quality. I use BCAA now that I'm on a cut they are important to spare lean muscle mass. Well anyway I love Universal but the Flavor of the orance BCAA stack is pretty rough. It's a great product it just taste very rough.

• Sal
            March 15, 2009

BCAA tend to have a rough flavor friend I've tried NOW and OPTIMUM and well both taste rough but we would probably agree that results are worth it right?

I´ve used this product since 2010, i like it, use it as pre and intra, good value, the taste isnt the best, help me with my basketball games and recovery after workouts, i will keep buying this stuff...
            taysab23

Good basic BCAA complex... i loved the orange flavor.. it was amazing. Basically, you can take this whenever you want, and it will still work.
             Cons:
              Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.