Home > Categories > Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA > Universal > Atomic 7 > Reviews

Atomic 7

By Universal
Atomic 7 Universal
7.9/10
(Weighted average based on 9 Reviews)

Ranks #22 of 94 (better than 77%)
in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

workoutguru

An Atomic knock out punch to soreness.

I had won a free gift card on here to use on illpumpyouup.com for announcing a new product and decided I would use it on a Intra workout. I decided to give Atomic 7 a try after I read some of the reviews for it on here. This will be my first ever Universal product I have taken.

Ingredients:

Ingredients:
Vitamin B6 10mg
L-Taurine 500 mg

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Citric acid, natural flavor, acesulfame K, sucralose, red #40 lake, FD&C Blue #1, pyridoxine HCl.

I think the ingredient profile is pretty decent. This is a 2:1:1 ratio. I think the 4:1:1 ratio is the best overall you can take. This has a very similar profile to Xtend but this has a little more in BCAA's and they added Taurine in this which I like. I also really like the high amounts of Leucine they put in here. I say the more Leucine the better for recovery.

Dosing/Mixability:
I got the smaller size container with 30 servings in it. I used 1 scoop each time and it worked good for me. Had no issues at all with mixing this. No real gritty pieces to deal with while drinking it and very little foam if any.

Value:
I got this for $19.95 which I thought was a decent price for what you get in this product. A lot of sites I have noticed sell this for around $20 to low $20 range which is not to bad.

Taste:
I went with the watermelon flavor since they did not have the black cherry which I wanted. They also have a grape flavor. When I first opened this I always smell the powder to see what it smells like and it had a real strong watermelon smell to it and thought it smelled pretty good. With the strong watermelon smell it had I was like man if this tastes as good as it smell this is going to taste amazing. Well I was a little disappointed which taste but it was still good. It did not taste as good as I thought it would by how good it smelled. This did not have a very strong watermelon taste to it. This is probably a good thing otherwise I would have wanted to guzzle it instead of sipping on it. After drinking this for awhile I started to like it a lot more and thought it was rather refreshing to drink.

I would have to say that this worked a lot better than I thought it would. To prove just how good this was there were some really intense leg workouts I had that really took a lot out of me but I was able to keep going because of this product. My recovery time between sets was really improved and felt a lot better. There was one day that I hit my legs really hard and was pretty sore the next couple days and this stuff really helped me limit the soreness a lot after taking this. I felt I leaned up more and my muscles looked a little more cut. I feel this stuff really helped push me more through out my really intense workouts so I could hit it harder and go longer. Had no issues with DOMS which I really dislike when they happen.

Side Effects:
Had no stomach issues at all while taking this product or any other kind of issues which was good.

Overall:
I really enjoyed this product a lot and thought it was pretty decent for what you get in this. I thought it was really refreshing to drink and enjoyed this a lot. I would love to try the black cherry flavor next time and I would rather get their bulk size so it lasts longer. I would for sure recommend this product if your looking for a good BCAA product that will really help you limit your soreness you get from really hard and intense workouts.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • No Stomach Upset
  • Incresed Workout Capacity
  • Increase Workout Intensity

Posted October 21, 2013
    Nice back to backs bro..

HYDE

Posted October 21, 2013
    Great review. Im currently taking this at 3 scoops intra on workout days. Ive tried several tubs of purple wraath xtend and modern bcaa and this has been my favorite along with purple wraath. (Ive been through probably 9 or 10 of the 90 serving purple wraaths. I have to say the grape flavored atomic 7 isn't that great. I also notice a good amount of endurance and quick recovery. top notch review on a top notch supplement.

line6reed

If you have your staple supplements in order than this would be a worthy bcaa to pick up

Is line6reed really reviewing another Universal product? yes gentleman I am because of my journey to my first bodybuilding show I became a huge fan of bcaa products. Mainly because of their ability to prevent muscle breakdown in the time of a calorie deficit. During my 11 week contest prep I used all the main bcaas/eaas supplements on the market. Purple wrath, xtend, modern bcaa, and atomic 7.
    Out of those 4 products I will give the edge to purple wrath.

Profile:8/10
    Atomic 7 profile closely resembles Xtends profile except Xtend has some extra goodies in it like the electrolyte blend. With Atomic 7 you will be getting slightly more of each BCAA and added taurine. Each scoop of A7 combines the benefits of a scientifically researched 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA.

Dosage:8/10
    The recommended dosage for A7 is mix one scoop in 8-12 ounces of water pre and post workout. Me I would consume 1 scoop upon waking up 4 scoops in my gallon jug of water for the day and 1 scoop intra workout. I chose to use bcaas throughout the whole day for these two reasons the flavor helped me in chugging down two gallons of water each day and two because I wanted to keep my body in an anabolic state throughout the day.

Taste:9/10
    When I bought A7 I bought the groovy grape, juicy watermelon, black cherry bomb, and rockin raz lemonade. All of them tasted flawless. My favorite being the juicy watermelon. I loved mixing 2 scoops of the juicy watermelon with 2 scoops of the rockin raz lemonade it tasty like sour patch kids mmm. I truly dont think I would of been able to consume 2 gallons of water each day if at least one of those galons wasn't that tasty ***tail I created. At no point in time did I ever get that chemical after taste that most bcaas normally give you.

Effectiveness:8/10
    Now here is were A7 delivers like I stated earlier I chose to drink A7 intra workouts and man I must say it definitely increased muscle endurance and recovery during sets. usually I rest 20 seconds between sets but it seemed like as soon as I racked the weight I could jump right back under the bar in a matter of seconds. My workout intensity greatly increased while using A7, wich is why I believe I remained alot more sore than usual. As far as the muscle recovery go I would still be soar days after my workouts, but I would like to think it was because (a) A7 increased my workout capacity and intensity and (b) because I was on a calorie deficit.

Value:7/10
    A7 is competitively priced with all the bcaa supplements on the market. It comes in 3 sizes 10 servings 32 servings and 90 servings. I opted to buy four 32 serving containers this ran me about $90 bucks. If you buy a 32 serving container the price range is around $22 wich comes out to be roughly $0.73 a serving, If you go the 90 serving container route your looking to pay $56 wich comes out to be $0.63 per serving.

Overall:8/10
    For me I think bcaas are a luxury though I will continue to use them I dont think anyone should buy bcaas before they have the staple supps in this order a good muilti vitamin creatine fish oil and whey protein. I know most will say whey should be priority but Its easy to hit your macros if you eat the right foods so a shake isnt a must, and guess what gentleman if you eat solid protein sources you will get your bcaas there. As far as A7 goes I think if you have your staple supplements in order than this would be a worthy bcaa to pick up. As for me even though this is a great product I will stick with purple wrath.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Excellent Flavors
    • Increase Workout Intensity
    • Incresed Workout Capacity
    • Dont Sell All Flavors In 90 Servings

LeCajun

Posted October 22, 2012
    Good review. Looking into trying this or Gaspari's new amino

IamAlex

Their products work without a doubt

It's been quite some time since I've written a review. I recently started using this and I've fallen in love so I guess you guys need to know why.

Atomic 7 doesn't really bring anything new to the table in terms of ingredient ratios or ingredients for that matter. However, I feel this product works better than the new Xtend formula or Purple Wraath.

**EFFECTIVENESS**-- 8

- For as long as I can remember, I can barely crawl out of bed the next morning after I do legs. No matter how much I stretch, or regardless of if I warm up properly, I walk like a decrepit old man for 2 days after legs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still sore as hell, but since I've started using this I've noticed a marked change. No lies. I'm definitely not as sore.

I don't know if it's higher quality ingredients or what, but this is better at aiding my recovery than Xtend.

**TASTE**-- 10

I absolutely guzzle this stuff. Whether it's the watermelon or the black cherry flavor, it's amazing.

There's a lot of supplements that the flavor has to grow on me. Not this stuff. The first day I had it I had to control myself so that I didn't down it all before I even lifted.

**MIXABILITY**-- 9.5

Universal instructs you to add water first, then the powder. When you do it their way, it's probably the best mixing stuff I've seen. No issues whatsoever.

**VALUE**-- 9

You can snag this stuff all day long for $20-22 for a 30 serving container. In my book, that's a damn good deal.

**OVERALL**-- 9

I've always trusted Universal as a company and this product only Drives that point home for me. Their products work without a doubt, and I strongly recommend trying this out next time you go to buy your BCAA. You won't be disappointed~!

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Excellent Flavors
    • Easy Mixing
    • Affordable
    • Aids In Recovery

Posted September 3, 2011
      You can get it for $16 on lockout, good review.

good review you nympho

blizzard

Posted September 3, 2011
      I had always seen this but never looked into it. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Posted September 3, 2011
      I believe everything you said about this product because,Before purchasing a product i usually do a bit of research on it first and when looking for an amino acid i realized that this one has a higher content than all the others eg:
      Citrulline Malate 1g

all other amino blends have their content listed in mg this one is listed in grams 1000mg = 1g

I'll certainly be purchasing this product

slysteps

while using this i was rarely sore

alright this is one of universals answer to a bcaa supplement. its said to be used for post workout but i typically use it for intra, to help with the odd breath i tend to gain while in the gym and having some flavor also helps me concentrate for some reason. while using this i was on a bulking phase. the only other supplements i was using was dextrose for a while. hydrobuilder for post workout protein, assault for my pre workout. animal pak and triple strength fishoil from gnc. i typically do a 4x8-10 rep scheme with failure near the end and focus on a slight negative type effect when doing many of my exercises.

now this particular supplement is comparable to the more popular Xtend, so i will compare the two for all intensive purposes

Xtend amino profile
      L-Leucine 3.5g"
      L-Glutamine 2.5g"
      L-Isoleucine 1.75g"
      L-Valine 1.75g"

universal atomic 7 amino profile
      L-Taurine 500mg

the differences other than amino dosing, atomic 7 has a small amount of taurine added which the xtend lacks, but xtend has some electrolytes. with taurine assisting in focus id say that it did more for me than some electrolytes and really if i was worried about those id just add this to a gatorade (while bulking).

ok so basically youre getting a liiiittle bit more bang for your buck when it comes to atomic 7, for the most part at least.

now for the review

Flavor/taste- 7: i had black cherry bomb. the flavor wasnt as strong as i would have liked, and definitely not as strong as the extend. it seemed to be more like a dull koolaid. some may like this, some may crave a more koolaid less mcdonalds fountain machine poweraid type flavor. but also i add it to my large ON shaker cup with about 28oz of water i believe so that may have something to do with it.

effectiveness-8: while using this i was rarely sore. now i was eating a metric crap ton and supplementing with the hydrobuilder, but i do feel this may have added some to my repair and kept me a little less fatigued in the gym. assuming it did i give it an 8. being my sessions typically run longer than they probly should so that i kill more time out of the night.

price-9:again let me compare to the ever loved Xtend, via bodybuilding.com. i purchased a 32serving container of black cherry bomb(only flavor available for the 32 serving) for $22. a normal 30 serving in the other flavors is also $22. Whereas xtend comes in at $23. the downside tho is that when you go for a 90 serving container atomic 7 will run you $57 and xtend $55. i will normally go for a smaller container so if i decide to try something new it wont take long to run through the one im currently using. so for that reason i rate this a 9 for value.

profile-9: i believe it to be a fairly good profile. 1 scoop seems to be enough to keep you fueled and at 10g bcaa per scoop id say thats pretty good. and knowing its by universal makes me feel a bit better knowing they are probly of better quality aminos than the typical run of the mill (if thats something thats possible)

mixability-8: this isnt so much a powder as very small granules. that being said it does still mix fairly well.

would i recommend this, sure maybe not the flavor i had tho. i wouldnt mind trying it again with a different flavor as well. so obviously that means i will be supplementing with this in the future. due to 3 reasons, universal is a name i trust. the profile, and the reasonable cost.

but in the end a bcaa supp is a personal choice. its really not something youll desperately need unless possibly cutting in which it can help maintain some of that muscle during training sessions. that being said, i could see the taurine in this as well as possibly having a bit more added could help while cut with focus on cardio and such. this wont get you huge tho. and you get bcaa from your protein sources. but still if youre like me and like something to sip on while working out other than water then id say give this a try. you might find a new fav and join the ranks of semen face up there.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • By Universal
      • Aids In Recovery

Taste was ok, nothing special at all

Taste was ok, nothing special at all. The mixology was absolutely terrible.

Value was great 9/10 because 45 servings were like 35 bucks

I took 10 grams during my workout to enhance recovery and it worked pretty good.

Don't know what...
        Taste was ok, nothing special at all. The mixology was absolutely terrible.

Value was great 9/10 because 45 servings were like 35 bucks

Overall 8/10
        Don't know what else to say, it enhanced reco ery, didn't taste too good, and is great to supplement intra workout

• Tastes Bad

Pretty good product overall but I would rather just buy BCAA

Atomic 7 is pretty cool. The grape flavor tastes great and it gives you a bunch of amino acids. I hhave always loved universal nutrition so I truest this company

Effectivenes 8/10
        Take a scoop before and after workout for enhanced recovery

Pretty...

Effectivenes 8/10
        Take a scoop before and after workout for enhanced recovery

Pretty good product overall but I would rather just buy BCAA

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Taste Good
        • No Stomach Upset

jpount

It wasn't completely ineffective

After taking and seeing good results with Xtend, I thought I would try something different. I came across Atomic 7 and bought a tub with some high expectations given its reputation. Unfortunately, I was left a bit underwhelmed.

EFFECTIVENESS - 7

Originally I was taking this...

EFFECTIVENESS - 7

Originally I was taking this with ON Pro Complex and recovery was amazing. Literally could not believe it. Then, I finished Pro Complex and picked up a HWPI. The drop in recovery was incredible, so as much as this is a positive endorsement on Pro Complex, I was left disappointed with Atomic 7.

It was obviously most noticeable after doing legs. I was sore for an extra 2-3 days, and mildly sorer after chest than I was when a) I took Xtend and b) took Atomic 7 with Pro Complex.

It wasn't completely ineffective, make no mistake about that, but I didn't have the kinds of results I was looking for.

TASTE - 7

I had the Lemon Lime flavour and it was pretty bitey, pretty sour. I usually love flavours like this as I have a tooth for tang/sour, but this was a little overdone for mine.

It tastes OK, but compared to Xtend, a long way behind IMO.

MIXABILITY - 8

Most BCAA's form small 'pebbles' so it's not really an issue. I would say that Atomic 7 doesn't mix as well as Xtend but really, it is negligent -- it's fine.

OVERALL - 7

Everybody reacts differently to each supplement, no matter if it's protein or a BCAA. Obviously Atomic 7 is a quality product, however, it didn't yield great results for me and especially in comparison to Xtend.

That doesn't mean it won't or can't work for you, particularly at the right price, since I can get this cheaper than Xtend.

• Aids In Recovery

Great product for preworkout, intra

Great product for preworkout, intra, or post workout. Great blend of BCAA's and glutamine. The taste is simply amazing, whether it be grape or watermelon.
            Tastes similar to grape BCAA. Very refreshing.

Mixes fine, a couple of shakes in a shaker cup and your good to go.

Digestibility, perfect! No stomach issues at all.

Effects; I noticed that my pumps were more noticible and I felt fuller.

Recovery; Minimal soreness later in the day or the following day..

Pros:
            Cons:
            • Taste Good
            • No Stomach Upset

Try it if you want to take BCAA in a pleasant way and cheap.

Universal nutrition for ever. I like Universal's products because i can feel them. I wrote about Animal Pak and now i will write about "my friend" during the hard workout. I can't imagine my workout routine without this incredible supplement. BCAA are needed and Atomic 7 is good because when i drink it between the sets i feel like energy running through my veins. It tastes really nice,especially the watermelon flavor. i also drink it during the day sometimes just to cover up my body with aminos. It's really pleasant to drink this think,kind of addictive.
              I would like to see a new flavor like strawberry or banana. Try it if you want to take BCAA in a pleasant way and cheap.

Pros:
              Cons:
              • Taste Good