Animal Rage Reviews

By: Universal

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #173 of 219 (better than 21%) in

Animal Rage is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Universal. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

rt96
  February 13, 2014

Hey guys, I havent done a review in a while but I just finished my animal rage and decided it was time. I was in a hurry to get the original rage because they replaced it with rage xl, which has less stims which is not good for me haha, but anyways to the review:

Profile: (7/10)

I dont like the fact that this is a proprietary blend, but alot of pre workouts are now, especially the concentrated ones. Its a blend proprietary blend of 5275mg, and its broken down into 4 categories.

Endurance and performance complex
Focus and intensity complex
Sustained energy complex
Quick energy complex

Taste: (6/10) (apple jacked)

To be honest this product did not taste the best but also was not the worst supplement ive ever tasted. The initial taste was actually ok, it was like a tart apple, but then the aftertaste was very chemically. Since you only mix it in 4oz of water its not that hard to get down.

Effectiveness: (8/10)

This is where this product stood out. The energy I got from this product was decent, nothing crazy like speedx3 but it was noticable. The focus from this product just blew me away. Honestly I would put the focus level I had on this on par with the focus I got from craze. Also I did get really good pumps from this which was unexpected since this isnt a pump product.

Value (7/10)

I paid $30 for this on amazon for 44 servings so the values not bad if you get it from amazon with free shipping like I did. If not then the value is just ok because ive seen it run anywhere from $30-$60 depending where you buy it from.

• Focus
  • Acquired Taste
line6reed
  February 10, 2013

Whats up supplement review brethren its been a good while since I dropped I review. Being an avid Universal/Animal line lover it breaks my heart to have to give animal rage a thumbs down, but to be honest this product flat out sucks!

Dosing:10/10
Do to some of the other reviews I had seen on animal rage I decided to go with the packs instead of the powder simply because the reviews stated that rages flavor was disgusting. Since I don't have any issues swallowing pills I figured it would be better for me. Universal/Animal recommend that you take 1 pack 45 minutes prior to exercise, and if you use the powder mix one scoop 20-30 minutes prior to exercise. Throughout the entire can I played around with the dosing protocol but never really found the sweet spot.

Effectiveness:4/10
Here is were Rage takes the biggest hit the energy from this product was more along the lines of a small energy punch you get from a 5 hour energy shot. Nothing special at all I mean some times I had sick energy filled workouts on this stuff but very rarely. Most of the time it simply felt like I had just went to the gym without even taking a pre workout energy supplement. I think its kinda laughable Universal/Animal states Due to Animal Rage's potency, do not exceed 1 pack per 24 hour period. I mean a person would have a better chance of having a heart attack on a cup of starbucks coffee.

Value:5/10
On most websites you can find animal rage at a very fair price between $30-$35 which isn't bad since 1 can last for 44 workouts. I paid $34 bucks on bodybuilding.com for rage which came out to be around $0.77 per serving. Though the price for animal rage is fair I just cannot give the value anymore than a sub par 5, simply because I base my value on performance not price.

Overall:5/10
When you compare Rage to products like speedx3 Jack3d and muscle marinade rage is nothing short of a joke. Those products deliver better energy focus and muscle endurance than rage. I do believe rage could possibly work for someone new to the supplement game but if you have ever tried any of those other three pre workout supplements I named, rage will greatly disappoint you. So overall rage was $35 poorly spent.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • In Pill Or Powder Form
  • Not Enough Of A Boost
  • No Nothing
  • No Point
inmyfifties
  October 14, 2012

My first SR review!

I bought the capsules packets.

I used 2 of the 7 that come in the packets. It had negligible effect.

Around an hour or so later I took another 2 capsules. I woke up a bit more. It felt like having a strong cup of coffee. But no rage.

The next day, I tried it again--this time the whole packet. I only had a half of a small chicken breast and some pumpkin seeds in my stomach. I was expecting to feel like the incredible hulk when he goes on his rage. NO dice!

I waited 15 minutes. I felt a caffeine effect. But nothing too strong. I waited another 15 minutes. I just felt a little more stimulant. I started slowly jogging. After 10 minutes of jogging I felt some tingling/itch on the tips of my fingers. But I DID NOT feel the rage!

I started sweating. Still no rage. So I took three capsules of 750mg Creatine Ethyl Ester. Nothing happened.

However, I did feel some good energy--like I could jog longer and faster. I then hit the heavy bag for about 15 minutes. I felt stimulated, but that's it. So it did help my workout.

BTW, I was drinking lots of water both before, during and after the jogging and the heavy bag.

WHAT I EXPECTED: I expected to feel what I felt when I tried a sample pack of HYPER SHRED (capsules I got as a free sample from Nutrition Express). I only took 1 capsule (as recommended) of Hyper Shred (with a cup of green tea) and in 5 minutes I felt HUGE energy and a really POSITIVE MOOD. The mood enhancement caught me by surprise. It felt really good to feel so happy at 6 a.m. on a work day.
Also, I was kind of nervous trying this stuff. I am about 50 yrs. old. I was never a body builder, but I was pretty huge when I was in my thirties. If I would have had more cuts back then anyone would've mistaken me for a body builder.
I used to take Ephedrine back in those days. That was extreme energy. But my heart would race way too fast. I had to quit that.
I was expecting the energy I used to get from Ephedrine. That's why I was kind of nervous. I haven't trained regularly in years. Now that I'm back into it I need something like this to wake me up early in the morning.

I am sensitive to caffeine, by the way. So I don't know what happened here.

After reading how bad this stuff tastes, I opted for the capsules. I guess the capsules are a mild stimulant.

Next, I will try Hyper Shred and compare it again to Animal Rage to see if I get the same results as before.

WOULD I RECOMMEND ANIMAL RAGE? Yes. But don't expect RAGE from the capsules. It's good for an old timer like me. It seems it's not dangerous.

Many of these stimulants are extremely dangerous. Don't risk your life with this stuff. One of my friends died of a heart attack way back in the day by taking stimulants. He was only 35 yrs. old, no body fat and generally healthy. Be careful.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Upset Stomach
  • Great Company
  • No Crash
  • Not Enough Of A Boost
  • No Boost
Dirtyman12
  September 18, 2012

SLAUGHTER MELON!!!!!!!! I love Animal Rage it is the most overwhelmingly intense pre-workout on the market. I purchased the slaughter melon flavor for $34 on Bodybuilding.com. Rage contains 44 servings so it comes out to $.77 a serving which is good value generally for pre-workouts.

Animal Rage is heavy stimulated and I'm gonna be honest I had a huge comedown every time I took this product but my workouts on Rage far outweighed the after effects.

Animal Rage for example contains a good amount of Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate so your strength is up and these two ingredients help with athletic performance output.

For the stimulants Animal Rage contains Caffeine, Coffee Bean extract, Green Tea Extract, and Schisandra berry (pioneered by USPlabs Jack3d). This stuff really gets you going hard.

I'm again gonna be honest, I have tried Slaughter Melon and Orange Juiced and they both taste horrible and chalky. I don't care cuz Rage is an absolutely wild pre-workout.

The energy is not clean but intense and you feel absolutely maniacal in the gym.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Works Quick
  • Reasonable Price
  • Taste Bad
Troma99
  May 28, 2012

Well this was the first pre-workout I tried and as such I figured this should be the first one I review.
I got two sample packets of the original formula by messaging a Universal Rep on bodybuilding.com. That being said 400mg of Caffeine and my first exposure to Beta Alanine this was not an overall enjoyable experience. I FELT SPIDERS UNDER MY SKIN.

Flash forward to just Two Months ago from the posting of this review. I Just polished off my tub of Hyper-FX and was looking for a Pre to take during my cut. I had a free tub of PWR I got from working for a certain three letter Nutrition company, however I wished to have a strict control over my creatine intake so I opted for a pre- with no creatine in it that I planned to take with Green Magnitude.

I recalled the massive amount of energy I felt with my sample pack of the original formula and endeavored to find other reviews on it. Through my research (a 2 sec Google Search) I found that not only were most of the reviews for this positive but that they had improved the formula. So Let's get to the nitty gritty.

Results: I felt no pump and that was expected as this lacked any real NO producers in the product. I did however notice that I had an incredible amount of energy within 15 min of taking it. (Prolly the caffeine). I noticed during my warm up sprint that I sweated considerably more and found that when I got to lifting that I was way more focused than when I was on Hyper-fx.
Unlike my first time I felt no Spider Sense Tingling.

Side Effects: Other than the aforementioned tingling sensation when I tried it way back I had no jitters or any kind of adverse reaction to it.

I was also taking: Green Magnitude (1/2 scoop Pre with this. Doesn't taste well mixed together. and 1/2 a scoop after).
Mega-T: Weight Loss System Green Tea (I was on an off cycle of Oxyelite Pro).

My Diet was a typical cutting diet. High Protein. Medium Carbs. Necessary Fats. Nothing Amazing.

Taste: Taste was solid. Especially Compared to the old one. I really dug Orange Jacked. Have yet to try Slaughtermelon.

The Only Real Cons is the amount of Caffeine as I'm going back onto Oxyelite Pro to finish out my cut...and like so much caffeine. Obviously you don't take them together but it's just a bit much.

As I said before and this is labelled as a "con" there's no Creatine. I don't see this as a con as much as the nature of the product. Some Arginine would be nice but I'm not holding that against it as frankly it seems like its not a problem if you read the label.

I'd like to finish with this: I'd say its an excellent Pre for when you're on a cut. However if you're sensitive to stims stay AWAY. If you're looking for PUMP this may not be the one for you. If you're looking for instant and consistent energy (it didn't crash for me but subtly faded about two hours later) this may be the one for you.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Drink
  • Works Quick
  • Great Company
  • Acquired Taste
GodofSerbia1
  March 27, 2012

Let me first put forth that I am a huge fan of Universal Nutrition Products especially M-Stak and Stak. I just finished my 44 servings of Animal Rage "Orange Juic-d" flavored pre-workout. I purchased mine for $29.99 which I feel is a pretty good value. I will outline and comment on the ingredients of Animal Rage before giving my conclusion.

Endurance and Performance Complex (5/10): Beta Alanine, L-Taurine, and others.
-This is one of the negatives of the product. I usually like a hefty dosage of Beta Alanine but the itch is almost too overwhelming.
-Rage is not the best 'Endurance' supplement and you definitely do not feel a pump
-There are few BCAAS and Creatine to give you any performance enhancements.

Focus and Intensity Complex (9/10): Choline Bitartrate, n-Acetyl Tyrosine, and others.
-You definitely feel an extreme boost almost immediately after taking Animal Rage.
-The intensity is through the roof.
-This product deserves the name "RAGE"

Sustained Energy Complex (6/10): Rosea Extract, Schizandra.
-Basically these ingredients are just mood enhancers and DO NOT give you sustained energy.
-You can at most get a good 45 mins to an hour of very stimulated energy
-Again there is No arginine, no agmatine sulphate, no creatine, and NO PUMP
-This is a NEGATIVE about animal rage.

Quick Energy Complex (8/10): Caffeine, Coffee Bean Extract (a.k.a. Caffeine), Green Tea Extract (Caffeine).
-I guess this is one of the highlights of Animal Rage, the re-occuring theme of EXTREME STIMULANTS.
-You definitely get an extreme boost of energy from Animal Rage.
-It is not sustainable energy.
-All of these ingredients are codename for CAFFEINE.

Flavor (2/10): Orange Juic-D is straight up GROSS, CHALKY, AND LEAVES A DISGUSTING AFTER TASTE.

Conclusion and Overall Rating (6/10):
As I said early I am a huge fan of Universal Nutrition products but Animal Rage really just was a mess of a product. The overwhelming dosage of beta alanine and the beefy stimulant ingredient profile gives you an extreme 'rage,' intensified, focus workout, however the crash is pretty bad and there is NO PUMP. I could not workout any harder than if I was 'sober,' did not get any pump, and did not experience any strength gains.'

Try it if you want because in the end this review is my opinion. HOWEVER, DO NOT GET ORANGE JUIC-D flavor it is just not good. plain and simple.

Fair and Honest,
GodofSerbia1
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Works Quick
  • Great Company
  • Extreme Intensity
Enriquevida
  October 7, 2011

I cycled off of any PW drink for a Month and thought I would give Animal Rage a shot. I haven't been this DISappointed since Joe Weiders Carbo Energizers. What a waste. I felt absolutely NO RAGE. I had to triple the dose to feel anything. The taste was just ok if your into chewable vitamins. Since there was no High there was obviously no Crash except the Emotional Crash you feel when you get Jacked. The upside to this product is that my wife really liked it before she does Spin Class because it gives her just enough of a boost to make it to the gym. I'm a HUGE fan of 1MR it has always done what it says it will do. I know the Marketing Department at Animal will feel the RAGE of when clients Stop buying animal Products!!!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Drink
  • For Women Before Cardio
  • Easy Mixed
  • No Crash
  • No Creatine
  • No Arginine
gclar39
  August 14, 2011

I started working outside for a summer job everyday, and I wanted a pre workout supp that wouldnt make me crash, since I would go right to work after.

A big downside to Rage is that it has no creatine, or arginine. So you wont get that "pump" feeling that everyone loves. It says to take the pills 45 mins, prior to workout. It doesnt really matter though. This supp is mostly b12, and other herbal extracts. A big thing for me was I felt like I could push harder. I would bike 5-10 miles, sometimes I felt so good I'd do even 15. To be optimally effective it should be stacked with Animal Pump.

Its a good value for what it is. I paid $35 for 44 packs or servings, and I only used 3 a week. It lasted me awhile and it helped me with my workouts a bit so I think its a pretty good value.

It doesnt have a very high effectiveness on an overall scale, but I still thought it was a good quality product. Universal makes an awsome line of training packs. It was a good value at the price and for how long it lasted me. I'd recommend this to individuals who like to run, bike, swim etc. If you want to use it for actual weight lifting, stack with other products that have creatine and/or arginine.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • Helps Wear Off Fatigue During Workouts
  • No Creatine
  • No Arginine
  • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
Drifter
  June 21, 2011

I have never reviewed a supplement before and felt the disappointment experienced with this product was a good place to start.

For a number of years now I've avoided the indulgence of supplements because many youthful years of giving the hype a chance never delivered anything except inevitable disappointment. However, a recent, but tentative return to pre workout stimulants was welcomed with a surprising effect from NO-EXPLODE.

With renewed enthusiasm for supplements I was once again molested by the hype of RAGE and eagerly scurried away from the store clutching a bag containing "The Ultimate pre workout supplement". If I were to create an analogy for RAGE, it would be going on a first date with a beautiful looking girl who says all the right things only to make it to the bedroom and find out she use to be called Dave and is still packing meat.

On this occasion I feel like I was well and truly rogered by "Dave". With the exception of a sore bum from diarrhoea and nauseous solvent/paint type feeling of intoxication, it offered absolutely nothing.

At the considerable price of this supplement I would suggest to anyone interested in trying it to search around and get it as cheap as possible or better still, see if you can get a free sample or tester from somewhere. It may just be that this product wasn't right for me. But I have since given some to my training partner who doesn't even drink tea or coffee and he returned a verdict after trying a 1, and then 2 scoop serving – "What is it suppose to do?. I didn't feel anything."

I guess you have to experience these things as an individual but I was extremely disappointed in Animal Rage which has now made me very reluctant to throw anymore of my hard earned cash at their product range.

In my opinion Animal need to seriously review this supplement and endeavour to drastically improve its effects before having the audacity to market it with such baseless hype. Give me a nice cup of coffee over this impotent nonsense any day of the week.
 Pros:
 Cons:
    • No Creatine
    • No Arginine
    • No Boost
    • No Nothing
    • No Point
    RDgulls
      June 15, 2011

Ok this is the first of a few more reviews to come as i just got done a stack a few days ago...being a loyal Universal supp user i was amped to hear a new animal pwo was coming out and replaced the tried and true Jacked for Animal Rage. I used the powder form and got it for around $30. This turned out to be a mistake and for the first time i was thouroghly dissapointed by a animal product.

Ingredient Profile: a quick glance at the back i deceptive as it has alot of quality ingedients listed but looking closer it was all listed under a prop blend and it doesnt say how much of each ingredient your getting...not an uncommon thing with supps but not a usual occurance with the animal line. Also this product contains no pump product or creatine which is good and bad, people looing for an all in one should look elsewhere but i liked the ability add my own aakg and break open some kre-alkayn caps insead of the small amounts of mono that are in most pwo's

Taste: ehh would be the best way to describe the taste of this product, not terrible but definately not the best kind of reminded me of really bitter uncarbonated orange soda. But i dont take anything away from a supp based on taste just lettin people know...

Effectiveness: This is purely an enegry & focus pwo so thats what ill judge it on. The engery i got from this product was both good and bad...it dosent come on like a mack truck like Jacked or 1mr this is a area of weakness for me because the only time i have to lift is in the afternoon when i get off work and i really need that quick boost of energy, but the energy is alo sustained and lasts much longer than most pwo's allowing for higher intensity throughout my workout with no major crash wich is nice. The focus this product is ok but definately not the tunnel vision you get from other products. On a side note there has to be alot of beta alinine in this product because i have taken many pwo's and never had my face itch that bad as the first few times i used this product. Again there is no pump prduct in this pwo so i cant judge it on that.

Overall: This product is just above mediocre which for a product line like animal that is rare. I feel like this product was rushed and if they had taken more time it could have been better. There really wasnt anything bad about this product but there are alot of "good but" things to say about the product. I wont be using this product again unless its reformulated...hope this helps
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Works Quick
    • Not Enough Of A Boost

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.