Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > Universal > Animal Rage

Universal Animal Rage

Animal Rage Universal
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (27 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 96% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
AI Sports Nutrition Glycobol Reviews
Glycobol (25 Reviews)
Betancourt Bullnox Androrush Reviews
Bullnox Androrush (41 Reviews)
Universal Real Gains Reviews
Real Gains (12 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Free Trial Universal Animal Rage
Sorry if this has already been posted.  I looked but didn't see it any...

Animal Rage Slaughter melon Flavor: Any better than Orange Juiced?
I just got a couple sample packs of Aminal Rage Slaughter Melon the other day. I...

Animal Rage Orange Juiced Flavor.
A couple weeks ago I got a couple sample packets of Animal Rage made by universa...

C-bol an Animal Rage pre-workout.
This pre-workout was killer today. This was my first time taking the two. The en...

Free Animal Rage Samples
I don't know if this has been posted or not but I haven't seen anythin...

Animal Rage vs. Jack3d???
Ok i have used jack3d for about 2 weeks sharing with someone else... i honestly ...

Who is trying Animal Rage?
earlier today i received my Animal Rage in the mail from Allstarhealth, i'm...

Animal Rage just a new overhyped supplement?
Honestly, I love the Animal series. I've been a little dissapointed though ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Animal Rage has been one of the most anticipated products since it was first brought into formulation. Originally known simply as "Agent Orange" when it was a top secret formula, the testers were raving about how it will change the pre-workout game.

After finally being released in 2011, the reviews have been a little lackluster compared to what was anticipated. While it is a solid product, it didn't come close to living up to the hype, but don't let that fool you. Although it isn't what everyone expected, it is still a high quality pre-workout and has many solid reviews behind it.

Animal Rage Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Animal Rage Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy (18)
  • Works Quick (15)
  • Great Company (15)
  • No Crash (14)
  • No Creatine (12)
  • No Arginine (9)
  • Acquired Taste (7)
  • Not Enough Of A Boost (7)
February 10, 2013

Age: 26

February 10, 2013
 Whats up supplement review brethren its been a good while since I dropped I review. Being an avid Universal/Animal line lover it breaks my heart to have to give animal rage a thumbs down, but to be honest this product flat out sucks!

Dosing:10/10
Do to some of the other reviews I had seen on animal rage I decided to go with the packs instead of the powder simply because the reviews stated that rages flavor was disgusting. Since I don't have any issues swallowing pills I figured it would be better for me. Universal/Animal recommend that you take 1 pack 45 minutes prior to exercise, and if you use the powder mix one scoop 20-30 minutes prior to exercise. Throughout the entire can I played around with the dosing protocol but never really found the sweet spot.

Effectiveness:4/10
Here is were Rage takes the biggest hit the energy from this product was more along the lines of a small energy punch you get from a 5 hour energy shot. Nothing special at all I mean some times I had sick energy filled workouts on this stuff but very rarely. Most of the time it simply felt like I had just went to the gym without even taking a pre workout energy supplement. I think its kinda laughable Universal/Animal states Due to Animal Rage's potency, do not exceed 1 pack per 24 hour period. I mean a person would have a better chance of having a heart attack on a cup of starbucks coffee.

Value:5/10
On most websites you can find animal rage at a very fair price between $30-$35 which isn't bad since 1 can last for 44 workouts. I paid $34 bucks on bodybuilding.com for rage which came out to be around $0.77 per serving. Though the price for animal rage is fair I just cannot give the value anymore than a sub par 5, simply because I base my value on performance not price.

Overall:5/10
When you compare Rage to products like speedx3 Jack3d and muscle marinade rage is nothing short of a joke. Those products deliver better energy focus and muscle endurance than rage. I do believe rage could possibly work for someone new to the supplement game but if you have ever tried any of those other three pre workout supplements I named, rage will greatly disappoint you. So overall rage was $35 poorly spent.
Pros:
Cons:
  • In Pill Or Powder Form
  • Not Enough Of A Boost
  • No Nothing
  • No Point
WarMachine
WarMachine

Reviews: 73
Reputation: +2358
who are you and what have you done with line6reed? He would never give universal products a bad score :( LMFAO!!!!!

Just kidding with ya big man, solid honest review, sorry this product let you down. Better stick with the better poison out there LOL

Reply #2:
Jpotter21
Jpotter21

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 49
Reputation: +1326
I had the powder form of this, and it kicked my ass. Solid review man.

Reply #3:

Lol thanks war

Reply #4:
Mooselini
Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
Reviews: 28
Reputation: +2203
Damn bro i am taking the powder version of this right now and like it alot. Dosent give a huge punch but when i use it i only do 3-4oz of water and drink it like a shot. Maybe its just the pills?

Anyway great review as always

Reply #5:

Reputation: +1988
yea moose i agree probally just pill form but you know id never hate on animal products

Reply #6:
MrAppleman
MrAppleman

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 30
Reputation: +474
makes me glad I didnt get the pill form.

Thought the powder was really good.

Reply #7:
joeflah13
joeflah13

Joined: 5/2009
Reviews: 52
Reputation: +1254
Solid review Line but like everyone else is saying I really liked the powder. I had 6-10 sample packets a few months back and they impressed me. I'd say bite the bullet on taste and run the powder next time so you can get a good comparison.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +1988
for sure joe will do in the near future

Reply #9:
PHiLTHYPHiL
PHiLTHYPHiL

Joined: 5/2012
Reviews: 0
Reputation: +1
Good to hear a review on the pill form. Like others, I too tried a few tubs of the powder and loved it, but i usually am not pleased by pill form preworkouts.

Reply #10:
Frankiemusc
Frankiemusc

Joined: 8/2010
Reviews: 37
Reputation: +1228
Honest, non-nuthugger review

Big fan of universal as well...had a very similar exp with this product

Reply #11:
mhseaver670
mhseaver670

Joined: 1/2011
Reviews: 78
Reputation: +2485
The taste of this stuff is what gave me a rage.. Omg the taste is nasty.

Reply #12:
snowcristal
snowcristal

Joined: 2/2012
Reviews: 0
Reputation: 0
Pros, first day your body is going insane, second day not so much, third day the body doesn't respond, it's a waste of money

Reply #13:
MuscleCow
MuscleCow

Joined: 2/2013
Reviews: 12
Reputation: +522
Did someone hack into Line6reed's account??

February 13, 2014

Reviews: 7

February 13, 2014
FOCUS!!!

Hey guys, I havent done a review in a while but I just finished my animal rage and decided it was time. I was in a hurry to get the original rage because they replaced it with rage xl, which has less stims which is not good for me haha, but anyways to the review:

Profile: (7/10)

I dont like the fact that this is a proprietary blend, but alot of pre workouts are now, especially the concentrated ones. Its a blend proprietary blend of 5275mg, and its broken down into 4 categories.

Endurance and performance complex
Focus and intensity complex
Sustained energy complex
Quick energy complex

Taste: (6/10) (apple jacked)

To be honest this product did not taste the best but also was not the worst supplement ive ever tasted. The initial taste was actually ok, it was like a tart apple, but then the aftertaste was very chemically. Since you only mix it in 4oz of water its not that hard to get down.

Effectiveness: (8/10)

This is where this product stood out. The energy I got from this product was decent, nothing crazy like speedx3 but it was noticable. The focus from this product just blew me away. Honestly I would put the focus level I had on this on par with the focus I got from craze. Also I did get really good pumps from this which was unexpected since this isnt a pump product.

Value (7/10)

I paid $30 for this on amazon for 44 servings so the values not bad if you get it from amazon with free shipping like I did. If not then the value is just ok because ive seen it run anywhere from $30-$60 depending where you buy it from.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Focus

Joined: 10/2012
Reviews: 7
Reputation: +10
Forgot to mention in the review that I did recieve a small crash from this product, but not during the workout, usually a couple hours after my workout. Like I said it was a small crash nothing more then a crash from a monster.

October 14, 2012

inmyfifties

Age: 0

October 14, 2012
 My first SR review!

I bought the capsules packets.

I used 2 of the 7 that come in the packets. It had negligible effect.

Around an hour or so later I took another 2 capsules. I woke up a bit more. It felt like having a strong cup of coffee. But no rage.

The next day, I tried it again--this time the whole packet. I only had a half of a small chicken breast and some pumpkin seeds in my stomach. I was expecting to feel like the incredible hulk when he goes on his rage. NO dice!

I waited 15 minutes. I felt a caffeine effect. But nothing too strong. I waited another 15 minutes. I just felt a little more stimulant. I started slowly jogging. After 10 minutes of jogging I felt some tingling/itch on the tips of my fingers. But I DID NOT feel the rage!

I started sweating. Still no rage. So I took three capsules of 750mg Creatine Ethyl Ester. Nothing happened.

However, I did feel some good energy--like I could jog longer and faster. I then hit the heavy bag for about 15 minutes. I felt stimulated, but that's it. So it did help my workout.

BTW, I was drinking lots of water both before, during and after the jogging and the heavy bag.

WHAT I EXPECTED: I expected to feel what I felt when I tried a sample pack of HYPER SHRED (capsules I got as a free sample from Nutrition Express). I only took 1 capsule (as recommended) of Hyper Shred (with a cup of green tea) and in 5 minutes I felt HUGE energy and a really POSITIVE MOOD. The mood enhancement caught me by surprise. It felt really good to feel so happy at 6 a.m. on a work day.
Also, I was kind of nervous trying this stuff. I am about 50 yrs. old. I was never a body builder, but I was pretty huge when I was in my thirties. If I would have had more cuts back then anyone would've mistaken me for a body builder.
I used to take Ephedrine back in those days. That was extreme energy. But my heart would race way too fast. I had to quit that.
I was expecting the energy I used to get from Ephedrine. That's why I was kind of nervous. I haven't trained regularly in years. Now that I'm back into it I need something like this to wake me up early in the morning.

I am sensitive to caffeine, by the way. So I don't know what happened here.

After reading how bad this stuff tastes, I opted for the capsules. I guess the capsules are a mild stimulant.

Next, I will try Hyper Shred and compare it again to Animal Rage to see if I get the same results as before.

WOULD I RECOMMEND ANIMAL RAGE? Yes. But don't expect RAGE from the capsules. It's good for an old timer like me. It seems it's not dangerous.

Many of these stimulants are extremely dangerous. Don't risk your life with this stuff. One of my friends died of a heart attack way back in the day by taking stimulants. He was only 35 yrs. old, no body fat and generally healthy. Be careful.

Pros:
Cons:
  • No Upset Stomach
  • Great Company
  • No Crash
  • Not Enough Of A Boost
  • No Boost
Isplisgardt
Isplisgardt

Joined: 2/2011
Reviews: 17
Reputation: +650
Hyper Shred is a thermogenic based on caffeine. This is a pre workout. They aren't even in the same category. And you say "no rage", well duh this isn't going to make you angry its a NO boosting pre workout. Good review but you compared supps that aren't supposed to be alike

September 18, 2012

Dirtyman12

Reviews: 2

Age: 33

September 18, 2012
 SLAUGHTER MELON!!!!!!!! I love Animal Rage it is the most overwhelmingly intense pre-workout on the market. I purchased the slaughter melon flavor for $34 on Bodybuilding.com. Rage contains 44 servings so it comes out to $.77 a serving which is good value generally for pre-workouts.

Animal Rage is heavy stimulated and I'm gonna be honest I had a huge comedown every time I took this product but my workouts on Rage far outweighed the after effects.

Animal Rage for example contains a good amount of Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate so your strength is up and these two ingredients help with athletic performance output.

For the stimulants Animal Rage contains Caffeine, Coffee Bean extract, Green Tea Extract, and Schisandra berry (pioneered by USPlabs Jack3d). This stuff really gets you going hard.

I'm again gonna be honest, I have tried Slaughter Melon and Orange Juiced and they both taste horrible and chalky. I don't care cuz Rage is an absolutely wild pre-workout.

The energy is not clean but intense and you feel absolutely maniacal in the gym.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Works Quick
  • Taste Bad
  • No Arginine
August 17, 2012

anavaronly1

Reviews: 3

Age: 31

August 17, 2012
 Value is bad at 40 bucks for 30 servings but inmy opion it is worth it. Energy is intense and powerful but only lasts about 2 hours but hey, who needs more than that.

Taste isn't great, it'd called slaugtermellon but I love the tangy part of bitter because it amps me for battle with the weights.

Effectiveness is apparent. You get extreme energy and the beta alanine content must be high because your ass gets kicked by the itches which I love

Overall 8/10 expensive but effective. Value isn't right but hey, I love universal products and this one isn't exceptiom
Pros:
Cons:
  • Works Quick
  • Great Company
  • Short Lived Energy
  • Only One Flavour
August 10, 2012

bigbill1

Reviews: 5

August 10, 2012
 Animal Rage is an OK product. I purchased off of Bodybuilding.com. The flavor I had was Orange Juice'd and it was pretty disgusting. The Beta Alanine in the pre-workout is way to extreme and the flush and face itch was overwhelming. I mean if your looking to get crack3d out of your mind then this is the product for you but as a far as pump and muscle building ingredients, Animal Rage just does not cut it in that respect.

There is no creatine, no arginine, and like I said earlier no pump. It was hard on my stomach as well.

I had a few good workouts on this product, don't get me wrong. However, these good workouts were far outweighed by overwhelming stimulated workouts that gave me headaches.
  • No Arginine
July 6, 2012

kidmarine

Age: 18

July 6, 2012
 i have been using PW since my freshman year of high school and have tried all types of brands Jack3d, NO xplode, 1MR, Craze, assault, memo rage. just to name a few well known ones. however animal rage was the most efficient and cost effective. i have taken this product for over 3 months at a time and sustained only using 1 scoop for every workout. the rush is quick and amazing and unlike 1MR the crash is near none. the rush and energy is not however as intense as memo rage (but then again what is ??). it does not contain creatine so the results are not substantially great. not to mention the smell and taste resemble something next to road kill but for the pump it delivers SUCK it up
Animal products will always be where my heart lays
Pros:
Cons:
  • Works Quick
  • No Upset Stomach
  • Great Company
fmrPRO
fmrPRO

Joined: 4/2010
Reviews: 18
Reputation: +417
Ha ha, Memo Rage. Damn autocorrect. But this stuff is rough on the taste buds for sure

July 4, 2012

Shredder11

Age: 29

July 4, 2012
 30 bucks for a whole bottle that lasted me about 20 workouts, value was pretty good.

I absolutely LOVE this preworkout. Gave me insane energy. Don't take if you aren't a stimulant savy human. The adreneline rush and burnout alike are both pretty intense but so worth it.

Taste: 6/10
Taste was pretty bad, smell was even worse. Who gives a damn about taste, so this doesn't affect my opinion on this product whatsoever
I was drinking the "slaughtermellon" flavor. If you can get any other ones I recommend it

Ingredients: 9/10
Caffeine, 1,3 dimethylalamine, some low dosed proprietary aminos and different herbs that I have no idea what they really are. All I can tell you is I took rage to get stimulated pre workout and it worked great!

Strength Gain: 9/10
Definitely felt the extra activation while taking preworkout. Only really noticed the strength gains on max days when I would get super pumped up from the stims to max out

One of my favorite preworkouts I have tried. Like I said, don't take unless you love stimulants. Beta Alanine is pretty damn potent so you itch a pretty good amount. Overall, I wouldn't have expected anything less from universal nutrition. Another great product!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Works Quick
  • Great Company
  • No Creatine
  • Hard To Get Scoops Out Of Container.
May 28, 2012

Troma99

Reviews: 5

Age: 20

May 28, 2012
 Well this was the first pre-workout I tried and as such I figured this should be the first one I review.
I got two sample packets of the original formula by messaging a Universal Rep on bodybuilding.com. That being said 400mg of Caffeine and my first exposure to Beta Alanine this was not an overall enjoyable experience. I FELT SPIDERS UNDER MY SKIN.

Flash forward to just Two Months ago from the posting of this review. I Just polished off my tub of Hyper-FX and was looking for a Pre to take during my cut. I had a free tub of PWR I got from working for a certain three letter Nutrition company, however I wished to have a strict control over my creatine intake so I opted for a pre- with no creatine in it that I planned to take with Green Magnitude.

I recalled the massive amount of energy I felt with my sample pack of the original formula and endeavored to find other reviews on it. Through my research (a 2 sec Google Search) I found that not only were most of the reviews for this positive but that they had improved the formula. So Let's get to the nitty gritty.

Results: I felt no pump and that was expected as this lacked any real NO producers in the product. I did however notice that I had an incredible amount of energy within 15 min of taking it. (Prolly the caffeine). I noticed during my warm up sprint that I sweated considerably more and found that when I got to lifting that I was way more focused than when I was on Hyper-fx.
Unlike my first time I felt no Spider Sense Tingling.

Side Effects: Other than the aforementioned tingling sensation when I tried it way back I had no jitters or any kind of adverse reaction to it.

I was also taking: Green Magnitude (1/2 scoop Pre with this. Doesn't taste well mixed together. and 1/2 a scoop after).
Mega-T: Weight Loss System Green Tea (I was on an off cycle of Oxyelite Pro).

My Diet was a typical cutting diet. High Protein. Medium Carbs. Necessary Fats. Nothing Amazing.

Taste: Taste was solid. Especially Compared to the old one. I really dug Orange Jacked. Have yet to try Slaughtermelon.

The Only Real Cons is the amount of Caffeine as I'm going back onto Oxyelite Pro to finish out my cut...and like so much caffeine. Obviously you don't take them together but it's just a bit much.

As I said before and this is labelled as a "con" there's no Creatine. I don't see this as a con as much as the nature of the product. Some Arginine would be nice but I'm not holding that against it as frankly it seems like its not a problem if you read the label.

I'd like to finish with this: I'd say its an excellent Pre for when you're on a cut. However if you're sensitive to stims stay AWAY. If you're looking for PUMP this may not be the one for you. If you're looking for instant and consistent energy (it didn't crash for me but subtly faded about two hours later) this may be the one for you.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Easy To Drink
  • Works Quick
  • Great Company
  • No Crash
  • Easy Mixed
April 23, 2012

Tre

Reviews: 4

April 23, 2012
 I honestly want to keep this short, simple, and straight to the point. I know normal people don't want to read an essay when seeking supplement recommendations.
-Ran this at a scoop or 2 a day right before lifting, about 5 minutes prior.
-You don't need more than 1 scoop. Seriously, I'm not a rep, I don't care if you buy this or not, I just feel 2 makes your heart feel like its going to pop. 1 is great.
-I love this product because its basically Caffeine with tons of vitamin B12.
-It makes you immediate grab a feeling of well being; you really can feel it immediately.
-Its not my favorite pre, but its definitely a nice alternative to the ones with 1,3 Di & Creatine in them. I mean its nice to regain a tolerance to those ingrediants.
-Animal Rage taste like crap. Don't be a baby, chug it.
-I'm trying the pills next because its just way more conveniant.
-Great pre workout, just kind of a blown up price. I got mine for $45.00 which I think is too much.
-Lots of servings by the way.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Works Quick
  • In Pill Or Powder Form
  • Helps Wear Off Fatigue During Workouts
  • Taste Like @ss...

Have you used Animal Rage? Submit your own Review!