Animal Pump Reviews

By: Universal

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #19 of 189 (better than 90%) in

Animal Pump is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Universal. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
INGREDIENTS (21)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
875mg

Novel form of creatine bonded to magnesium to improve bioavailability and ease digestion leading to greater efficacy than creatine monohydrate.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
525mg

A combination of arginine and alpha-ketoglutarate that boosts Nitric Oxide (NO) levels in the body while helping remove excess metabolic waste allowing you to workout longer and have better pumps.

COMPARE SIMILAR

venom434
  August 12, 2010

defiantly my favorite pre-workout product..one pack taken daily (9 pills per pack. take on an empty stomach 45 minutes before you hit the weights for the best results. it's profile contains: 3g of a Creatine Matrix which is - Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatine Gluconate, Creatine Orotate, Creatine AKG, Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine Ethyl Ester. 2g NO Complex, 500mg Energy Complex, 700mg Antioxidant Complex, and 1g Pump Transport Complex. it gave me a good boost of energy, the Energy Complex is equal to roughly 2 strong cups of coffee, but you can remove the stim(red pill) if necessary. in addition, Animal Pump has given be the best pump and focus that i've ever had; this is plateau crusher in a can. it truly does get you "Pumped" and ready to hit the weights. make sure when you take this product that you consume atleast a gallon of water throughout the day. i would recommend this for someone who doesn't like the taste, bloating feeling or upset stomach that some pre-workout powders can give you, but still want a crazy pump that you're going to feel throughout the day, along with a energy boost. it also says that is a "core or "foundational" product that doesn't need to be cycled, but i would cycle a week off in-between cans anyways.
kubitzky10
  February 6, 2011

Universal Nutrition's Animal Pump. The Ultimate Pre-Workout Matrix.

*This is my 2nd time taking Animal Pump. I did do a review on it about 1/2 year ago, but I didn't take it properly. I retried it and took it like it's supposed to be taken.

-Animal Pump is a pretty decent product. I'd like to say also that I have tried the Universal Storm/Shock Therapy stack and I prefer it over Pump. To me, powder is the way to go over pills. Just absorbs better and seems to be more effective.

Here is the breakdown:

-Value(8/10)- I ordered on massnutrition.com around the New Year when they had their sale going. It was only $27.50 which is outstaning. You can't go by a one time deal though for value, so normally on Massnutrition.com its $31.95. Thats not to bad, little over a dollar a day.

-(Energy 5/10)- This is where Pump failed greatly. I took a break from stims (1 month) before taking this and it just didn't work for me. Stim pill isn't near as strong enough compared to Shock Therapy. I believe that Shock Therapy is more for energy and Pump is for the Pump (Hence the name).

-(Pump 8/10)- This is the real highlight for Animal Pump. The only problem was that is was a little inconsistent. I noticed that the more carbs I ate earlier in the day, the better pump worked. Man, on leg days when I did leg ext. and calf raises. My legs and calves were huge. I am a very vascular person but I've never seen 4 veins popping out in my calves. It was simply awesome. I really looked forard to arm days when I was on pump. I knew that my arms were going to xplode.

-(Focus 6/10)- Focus was fairly good. It wasn't anywhere near the focus of Superpump 250 though. I never got tunnel vision on pump.

-One problem with pump is that you have to find the right time to take it pre-workout. Mine was about 50 minutes pre-wrokout when it would kick in the best. Also, I noticed that drinking about 32 oz. of water with it helped out a lot for pumps.

-If you decide to take Pump as like say a creatine product, I would stack with some mroe creatine like Storm or Green MAGnitude or kre-alklayn. I just didn't get the effects of the creatine with 3 grams.

-Also, make sure to keep a good diet. Eat a lot before you workout, good foods ofcourse. Wait about 1 1/2 hours after eating to even think about taking pump or I noticed that it wasn't very effective.

Key Pros/Cons of Pump:
Cons:
There isn't many cons but here they are.
*Not a lot of energy.
*Not very good focus.
*You have to wait a while for it to kick in.
*Not as good for energy as Shock Therapy.
*Not enough creatine for a sole proudct.
Pros:
*Great Pumps.
*Increase in vascularity.
*Okay strength gains.
*Helps build muscle as long as you have your diet down correctly.
*You can take out any pill you want.
*Good value.
*About 1$ a day.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
deumcole

September 4, 2010

In the words of Bobby Bell, it's "unbelieva-awesome".
As compared to Jack3d, its a close second with some advantages.
The pump I got was the best thing, and the best I've gotten from a preworkout supp. Just a warm up set or two, I can see my muscles filling out rather nicely. By the end of the workout I'm all but bursting at the seams. The best part was the pumps it gave my legs. I usually don't pump up in my legs on leg days, and if I do its not anything special. With Animal Pump I looked like Branch Warren after I finished up my leg day (OK maybe not quite like Branch). Real, good, hard pumps.
The energy I got was great, but not the best. Especially on cardio days it didn't feel as good as Jack3d. However though in the weight room it was just as good. A little odd to me but whatevers.
I like the idea of pills as opposed to powder, because it takes out the frustration of mixing the powder. With powders you need water, a shaker cup, and then you gotta put the right ratio of water to powder to make it drinkable. Even then you still get "sand" at the bottom of the drink. With Pump I just tear open a pack and down em.
The pills are not that hard to swallow, just divy them up however you want, I did them in 3s. It would be foolish though to take em all at once. They go down easy, but just make sure you don't have a dry mout when you take the tablets or they'll stick. With pills you can take the stims out, which is another advantage over powders. But then wudduya do with 30 red pills when yer done? Also it helps to see what yer taking better, so you know what goes into stuff like this.
Price isn't bad. More then Jack3d but cheaper then everything else. The only real problem was the smell when you first open the can. Almost blew out my neck it smelled so bad. However the smell goes away as the packs do.
Overall this is a solid product, as is the case with most things Animal. Best part is my collection of Animal cans is finally taking shape!
    Jeepkc
      August 24, 2010

This was my first pre workout supplement so I didn't know what to expect. I didn't realize how good a product this was until I got off it. It's got everything you need from the creatine matrix blend . The nitric oxide pump some antioxidants and energy (red pill) which I never took. It gave me great pumps from day one I felt a big difference that last my whole workout which is about an hour. It's convient to have it in a pill form you can just put it in your pocket and your set no mixing up powder or carrying a shaker. It's a solid product and if taken on workout days only can last you about 2 months. I would recommend this if you ok with taking 7-9 pills each time.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pumps
    • Strong Stimulant
    • Slight Crash 5 Hours Later
    beanney
    Rep: 0
      June 12, 2010

results were alright i guess? extra vascularity was noticable, pumps were decent but nothing special? taste wasnt really an issue because its a tablet supplement. Side effects wise my digestive system was all over the shop! I stacked it with M-stak and felt terrible going to the gym, probably because i drank so much water just putting the two lots of tablets into me? Diet isnt much of an issue, high protein diet with a carb loading day 2 or 3 times a week? the first few days i did notice the crash in the evenings , you do feel very focused in the gym though so the crash later shouldn't be a big deal?! As for results i guess when i actually look at my self and weigh it up i probably did put on some size , triceps are bigger , better cleavage on my chest so i would recommend it but dont be expecting miracles?!
    • Slight Crash 5 Hours Later
    caskeyhunt
      October 3, 2010

This is my first review, so bear with me! I have to say I was really disappointed with Animal Pump, it did not live up to the reviews I read. But I wouldn't say it was bad, maybe it's just not for me.

Results: I really got next to nothing out of taking Animal Pump. I got a decent slow-released, focused energy but it did not last more 20 minutes. The pumps, well they were not there. This is what was most disappointing. I did not feel any "extra" pump; it was like lifting without a preworkout supp.

Side Effects: This is one area that was great- no side effects at all. No crash, which I experienced badly with NO Xplode NT. No stomach issues, no headaches, etc.

Taste: Taking the pills (9 of them) was no big deal to me. I will say that I have a preference of powder mixes just because I think they have a more immediate affect- just my preference though. The pills were quick and easy though.

Overall: This product just didn't do anything for me. I would not say it is a bad product though, just not for me; that's why you have to try these things and see what is right for you. These reviews are to give an idea of what other people have experienced, but you have to see what it does for you by trying it. Personally I would choose BSN NO Xplode (not NT, the regular one) over Animal Pump every day. But you have to see for yourself!

Oh and the value rating is 10 because I can't really judge that- I live overseas so everything is overpriced!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Crashes
    • Focused Energy
    • No Immediate Energy Burst
    • Minimal Pumps
    • Short-lived Energy Boost
    theanimal
    Rep: -1
      February 26, 2010

i have finished off 4 cans of Animal Pump. all i got to say i wish i had more right now, whenever i get paid im gonna stack on animal products. anyways. this pre workout supplement is one of THE best i have ever taken. i get great focus on what im doing no matter what it is. i have huge pumps, crazy veins. i love it. the energy complex is really good but sometimes i take it out if i feel i dont need it. this has the right dose of creatine you need to. if you are thinking about getting it, dont think twice get it as soon as you get the urge, you will never wanna go back. i highly recommend this to everyone.
      hinem005
      Rep: 0
        February 18, 2013

Hi my name is Mike and I have been working out for just over a year. I have read reviews on this site before and thought that I should add my own experiances.
      I have used a couple of preworkouts including Super Pump MAX and Jack3d (The old one.
      Compared the these supplements Animal Pump gives me a solid focus and an amazing pump, also you have the option to remove the stimulants or creatine if you are taking other supplements.
      I have taken this supplement for two months and I don´t intend to change yet.
      I didn´t expect the results I had and although this product is made to be stacked with Animal rage I don´t think its necessary.
      Whilst taking this product I have gained about 8 pounds of muscle however I still take it whilst cutting and I have lost a pound in the last week.
      The only side effects were during the first week as my body first adjusted but compared to Super Pump MAX they were next to nothing.
      This product could not be improved.
      I don´t intend to stop using it.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pumps
      • Great Focus
      • Crazy Pumps
      • Removable Pills
      • Focused Energy
      • No Crashes
      VANatural
        December 4, 2012

Animal Pump, for me, is a go-to pre-workout, though, to be honest, I haven't tried many. I've used Universal Storm, as well, and I will write a review on that soon. My next pre-workout will be Labrada Super Charge Xtreme N.O.

Pricing 8/10
      The pricing for this product is pretty spot on. $30 is not a lot at all to spend on Pump, considering the amounts in there. I first got seriously ripped off when I bought this from GNC. I spent over $60, which was ridiculous. So my advice is to stick to buying it online, which is pretty common sense.

Taste N/A
      Well, there's no taste because they're pills. That can have its up sides and down sides; for example, it eliminates the taste factor, and if you're a real man, you can swallow it all in one gulp and that eliminates the bloating from all the water, but unfortunately I'm not a "real man" which brings me to the downside. The pills Animal uses are really big. I get the feeling Animal makes them that big just because it's their style, and I find it pretty unnecessary. I take a pill at a time, and it takes forever because there's nine pills, but that's about as long as it would take to drink a traditional pre-workout.

Effectiveness 9/10
      Oh yes, the effectiveness. Here's how it worked with me (keep in mind I'm on my second run). The first week tends to feel like a really mild pre-workout's effects. The second week it starts to kick in and I got some amazing pumps from it. The third week it peaks, and then the fourth week it goes back to what it was like the second week, and the fifth week is the same. It helped me blast through some tough workouts, and totally upped my confidence in the gym. I remember doing an arms workout and my friend said my arms looked like they were about to explode from the skin, which was exactly what it felt like!

Side Effects 1/10
      There were basically no side effects, except I felt a minor headache each time on the first day of the second week, but I'm pretty sure it was coincidental. Still, I thought I might as well throw that in there.

Overall, this is an awesome product that does what it says. But let me give you some tips so you can get the maximal effect from it. First of all, I always took it 45 minutes before training, because whenever a situation occurred where I was rushed and had to take it in a shorter window of time, I didn't feel it when training. Also, the container says it works best on an empty stomach, but if you're serious about lifting, chances are you don't have time to have an empty stomach 45 minutes before training; you're bound to have some food in there. My advice is to keep it at a comfortable level, because if you're stuffing food and Animal Pump into your system 15 minutes before training, you might as well not haven taken the Pump.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pumps
      • Causes A Headache
      BigAl434
        August 9, 2011

I've only tried a few pre-workout supplements, an I gotta say this one is for grown folks. Wait, let me explain. I have used Assualt, Superpump, an some single shots of N.O.Explode, an will again. Animal Pump was different, I did'nt get that I'm gonn stay up for 3 days an do 10 sets on everything in here felling you first get with the aforementioned powder supps. I got that did I mess up an take Animal Pak insted of AP.

The first few days I Questioned its affectivness, mild pumps, a bump of energy an not much else. After about my fifth straight day of eating those packs it started to deliver. I noticed the weights going up a little easier, the pumps were good, an it was a sustained energy that was the same from start to finish. It was not a smack in the face an chew the steering wheel of kind of energy, but it worked for me.

The dosage I used was 1 pack everyday on an empty stomach. I took them about 90 mins after I ate an waited 40 mins befor my workout. Sometimes it was a pain to work around that schedule, but I always train on an empty stomach so it was not to difficult. Also being able to take the stims out was a plus. You could also just take them on non-training days an strech the can out more. I opted to take them everyday.

Overall Animal Pump was a good fit to my stack. It was not an in your face pre-workout with neon blue tub an hologram lables an huge claims. But it was a good value an a good product, that I will use again.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pumps