Animal Pump

By: Universal

venom434

defiantly my favorite pre-workout product..one pack taken daily (9 pills per pack. take on an empty stomach 45 minutes before you hit the weights for the best results. it's profile contains: 3g of a Creatine Matrix which is - Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatine Gluconate, Creatine Orotate, Creatine AKG, Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine Ethyl Ester. 2g NO Complex, 500mg Energy Complex, 700mg Antioxidant Complex, and 1g Pump Transport Complex. it gave me a good boost of energy, the Energy Complex is equal to roughly 2 strong cups of coffee, but you can remove the stim(red pill) if necessary. in addition, Animal Pump has given be the best pump and focus that i've ever had; this is plateau crusher in a can. it truly does get you "Pumped" and ready to hit the weights. make sure when you take this product that you consume atleast a gallon of water throughout the day. i would recommend this for someone who doesn't like the taste, bloating feeling or upset stomach that some pre-workout powders can give you, but still want a crazy pump that you're going to feel throughout the day, along with a energy boost. it also says that is a "core or "foundational" product that doesn't need to be cycled, but i would cycle a week off in-between cans anyways.

• AlimentalFRK

Solid review man!
    • cody07
      August 12, 2010

The whole review is awesome man , the only thing that gets me is that you said you take it on an empty stomach before lifting idk maybe all people are different but i defiantly need to have a big breakfast before lifting.
    • venom434
      August 12, 2010

Thanks! i would wait an hour or two after you eat before taking it. taking it with food or too close to a meal with diminish the effects.
    • lightweight
      August 12, 2010

Not as good as Jack3d, but at least no ***s and stuff. Sustained, but not very noticeable energy. Doesn't give any noticeable pump for me :-(.

kubitzky10

Universal Nutrition's Animal Pump. The Ultimate Pre-Workout Matrix.

*This is my 2nd time taking Animal Pump. I did do a review on it about 1/2 year ago, but I didn't take it properly. I retried it and took it like it's supposed to be taken.

-Animal...
    Universal Nutrition's Animal Pump. The Ultimate Pre-Workout Matrix.

-Animal Pump is a pretty decent product. I'd like to say also that I have tried the Universal Storm/Shock Therapy stack and I prefer it over Pump. To me, powder is the way to go over pills. Just absorbs better and seems to be more effective.

Here is the breakdown:

-Value(8/10)- I ordered on massnutrition.com around the New Year when they had their sale going. It was only $27.50 which is outstaning. You can't go by a one time deal though for value, so normally on Massnutrition.com its $31.95. Thats not to bad, little over a dollar a day.

-(Energy 5/10)- This is where Pump failed greatly. I took a break from stims (1 month) before taking this and it just didn't work for me. Stim pill isn't near as strong enough compared to Shock Therapy. I believe that Shock Therapy is more for energy and Pump is for the Pump (Hence the name).

-(Pump 8/10)- This is the real highlight for Animal Pump. The only problem was that is was a little inconsistent. I noticed that the more carbs I ate earlier in the day, the better pump worked. Man, on leg days when I did leg ext. and calf raises. My legs and calves were huge. I am a very vascular person but I've never seen 4 veins popping out in my calves. It was simply awesome. I really looked forard to arm days when I was on pump. I knew that my arms were going to xplode.

-(Focus 6/10)- Focus was fairly good. It wasn't anywhere near the focus of Superpump 250 though. I never got tunnel vision on pump.

-One problem with pump is that you have to find the right time to take it pre-workout. Mine was about 50 minutes pre-wrokout when it would kick in the best. Also, I noticed that drinking about 32 oz. of water with it helped out a lot for pumps.

-If you decide to take Pump as like say a creatine product, I would stack with some mroe creatine like Storm or Green MAGnitude or kre-alklayn. I just didn't get the effects of the creatine with 3 grams.

-Also, make sure to keep a good diet. Eat a lot before you workout, good foods ofcourse. Wait about 1 1/2 hours after eating to even think about taking pump or I noticed that it wasn't very effective.

Key Pros/Cons of Pump:
    Cons:
    There isn't many cons but here they are.
    *Not a lot of energy.
    *Not very good focus.
    *You have to wait a while for it to kick in.
    *Not as good for energy as Shock Therapy.
    *Not enough creatine for a sole proudct.
    Pros:
    *Great Pumps.
    *Increase in vascularity.
    *Okay strength gains.
    *Helps build muscle as long as you have your diet down correctly.
    *You can take out any pill you want.
    *Good value.
    *About 1$ a day.

February 6, 2011

I think it's better if you take AP on lifting days and then supplement a creatine on off days. You could even supplement the same type of creatine that's in AP. I think it's ethyl ester...

BTW great review haha..
      • kubitzky10
        February 6, 2011

Thanx man, but to get the full effects of the nitric oxide boosters you need to take it everyday to. It wouldn't be economical to buy that also. But thanks for the advice. I ofcourse didn't take stim pill on off days.
        February 6, 2011

Lol you're prolly right about dosing it that way to get the full effect. But I guess it's just the cheapskate in me telling myself that it's just a method they use to get you to buy their product more often...
      • Manimal

Awesome review Kub.

I've yet to try this, but it's definitely on my list.
      • taysab23
        February 7, 2011

Good review as always bro..

personally i really thought this was better than shock therapy except for the fact shock therapy last you for like ever.. but you said you stacked that with storm.. def will have to give that a try.

one thing that for sure is a good stack is animal pump and nitro.. plus.. drink your pre workout with some grape juice. Makes you absorb quicker and more of it.

Honestly it seemed that animal pump kicked in really quick for me.. its just that i had to have a complete empty stomach.. like2-3 hours after eating. Its too bad that you didn't have an awesome experience with it.. i've had this 3 times and will be taking it again soon hopefully and its delivered everytime.

but like i said.. sick review.
      • Optimus
        (0)
        February 7, 2011

Thank you for this verry good review !
        Did you take pump every days or only on workout days ?
      • kubitzky10
        February 7, 2011

Take it everyday. On off day take the red pill out and save it for a workout when your run out.
      • Optimus
        (0)

Thanks !

In the words of Bobby Bell, it's "unbelieva-awesome".
      As compared to Jack3d, its a close second with some advantages.
      In the words of Bobby Bell, it's "unbelieva-awesome".
      As compared to Jack3d, its a close second with some advantages.
      The pump I got was the best thing, and the best I've gotten from a preworkout supp. Just a warm up set or two, I can see my muscles filling out rather nicely. By the end of the workout I'm all but bursting at the seams. The best part was the pumps it gave my legs. I usually don't pump up in my legs on leg days, and if I do its not anything special. With Animal Pump I looked like Branch Warren after I finished up my leg day (OK maybe not quite like Branch). Real, good, hard pumps.
      The energy I got was great, but not the best. Especially on cardio days it didn't feel as good as Jack3d. However though in the weight room it was just as good. A little odd to me but whatevers.
      I like the idea of pills as opposed to powder, because it takes out the frustration of mixing the powder. With powders you need water, a shaker cup, and then you gotta put the right ratio of water to powder to make it drinkable. Even then you still get "sand" at the bottom of the drink. With Pump I just tear open a pack and down em.
      The pills are not that hard to swallow, just divy them up however you want, I did them in 3s. It would be foolish though to take em all at once. They go down easy, but just make sure you don't have a dry mout when you take the tablets or they'll stick. With pills you can take the stims out, which is another advantage over powders. But then wudduya do with 30 red pills when yer done? Also it helps to see what yer taking better, so you know what goes into stuff like this.
      Price isn't bad. More then Jack3d but cheaper then everything else. The only real problem was the smell when you first open the can. Almost blew out my neck it smelled so bad. However the smell goes away as the packs do.
      Overall this is a solid product, as is the case with most things Animal. Best part is my collection of Animal cans is finally taking shape!

• soundsoffire
          September 4, 2010

Me and alot of other people agree, theres something about this stuff and leg days lol it blows em up like balloons

This was my first pre workout supplement so I didn't know what to expect. I didn't realize how good a product this was until I got off it. It's got everything you need from the creatine matrix blend . The nitric oxide pump some antioxidants and energy (red pill) which I never took. It gave me great pumps from day one I felt a big difference that last my whole workout which is about an hour. It's convient to have it in a pill form you can just put it in your pocket and your set no mixing up powder or carrying a shaker. It's a solid product and if taken on workout days only can last you about 2 months. I would recommend this if you ok with taking 7-9 pills each time.
        • 30 Day Supply

results were alright i guess? extra vascularity was noticable, pumps were decent but nothing special? taste wasnt really an issue because its a tablet supplement. Side effects wise my digestive system was all over the shop! I stacked it with M-stak and felt terrible going to the gym, probably because i drank so much water just putting the two lots of tablets into me? Diet isnt much of an issue, high protein diet with a carb loading day 2 or 3 times a week? the first few days i did notice the crash in the evenings , you do feel very focused in the gym though so the crash later shouldn't be a big deal?! As for results i guess when i actually look at my self and weigh it up i probably did put on some size , triceps are bigger , better cleavage on my chest so i would recommend it but dont be expecting miracles?!
          • 30 Day Supply

This is my first review, so bear with me! I have to say I was really disappointed with Animal Pump, it did not live up to the reviews I read. But I wouldn't say it was bad, maybe it's just not for me.

Results: I really got next to nothing out of taking Animal Pump. I got a decent slow-released, focused energy but it did not last more 20 minutes. The pumps, well they were not there. This is what was most disappointing. I did not feel any "extra" pump; it was like lifting without a preworkout supp.

Side Effects: This is one area that was great- no side effects at all. No crash, which I experienced badly with NO Xplode NT. No stomach issues, no headaches, etc.

Taste: Taking the pills (9 of them) was no big deal to me. I will say that I have a preference of powder mixes just because I think they have a more immediate affect- just my preference though. The pills were quick and easy though.

Overall: This product just didn't do anything for me. I would not say it is a bad product though, just not for me; that's why you have to try these things and see what is right for you. These reviews are to give an idea of what other people have experienced, but you have to see what it does for you by trying it. Personally I would choose BSN NO Xplode (not NT, the regular one) over Animal Pump every day. But you have to see for yourself!

Oh and the value rating is 10 because I can't really judge that- I live overseas so everything is overpriced!
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • No Crashes
            • Focused Energy

i have finished off 4 cans of Animal Pump. all i got to say i wish i had more right now, whenever i get paid im gonna stack on animal products. anyways. this pre workout supplement is one of THE best i have ever taken. i get great focus on what im doing no matter what it is. i have huge pumps, crazy veins. i love it. the energy complex is really good but sometimes i take it out if i feel i dont need it. this has the right dose of creatine you need to. if you are thinking about getting it, dont think twice get it as soon as you get the urge, you will never wanna go back. i highly recommend this to everyone.
              • Crazy Pumps

I've been using Animal Pak for a few months, and overall I think it works great. Once I find a quality product from a company, I give their other products a shot. So, finding USP Labs Jack3d to give me a bit of a foul disposition, I decided to give Animal Pump a try. I should preface that Pink Magic and PowerFULL were used during this time.

I went through the entire can, only using the red pill about 5 or 6 times. Without the red pill, I didn't really notice any change in my exercise performance. While Jack3d seem to work great some days, and less well other days, this really didn't seem to do anything.

Now, the red pill. Not good. First of all, a cup of coffee feels more stimulating. Worse, the red pill makes me feel light headed, somewhat dizzy, and after a work out - I have a pounding headache. It's been four hors since I took Animal Pump and I still have a headache as I write this.

I will not be buying this product, especially for the cost.
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Removable Pills
                • 30 Day Supply

• markp
                    February 26, 2011

Animal pump isn't really meant to give you the type of energy that jack3d does. Did you take it on an empty stomach? I find that if I take it with food it doesn't work that well. Also how much water were you drinking? dehydration could explain the headaches
                  • ChelseaNYC
                    (-4)
                    February 26, 2011

Pray tell then Dear Mark, what is the purpose of this product if not to increase your performance while lifting weights? Energy also is clearly a goal of this product, otherwise it would not include a number of stimulants - one of which is well documented to cause headaches.

As for your other questions, I drink a sufficient amount of water and have taken the product with and without food.
                  • Frankiemusc

Neo took the red pill.

Universal makes some very solid product and I have had success with Pak, Pump and M stack in the past.

I concur with Mark P, make sure your drinking enough water.
                  • markp
                    February 26, 2011

It's really more of a pump product. it has less stimulants in it than jack3d, which is why it didn't give you that same energy. There's no need to be pretentious, i was just trying to offer suggestions on how to get more out of this product. sorry if you weren't trying to be, it was just the vibe i got. but hey, some products don't work for certain people so that must be it. Animal pump clearly works for a lot of people though

I finished my can of Universal's Animal Pump a few weeks ago and it was my first pre-workout supplement that I've taken.

Pro's-

Energy/Focus- It def. does give you a nice little jumpstart and it gave me the "million mile stare" between each set. I felt that I had no crash afterwards but I have a strong tolerance for stims.

Pump- The pump was definitely there,...

Pro's-

Pump- The pump was definitely there, it wasn't anything crazy like some of the reviews, but it WAS there.

Convenience- It was nice to just be able to throw a pack of Pump in my bag and head out the door instead of having to deal with another shaker cup. Also it was nice to be able to take out the stim (red pill) if necessary. I found it wasn't, as said before with my high tolerance, and I lift at 3am after work.

Con(s)-

Pills- This really is the only Con I can think of and it's more for the people who don't like pills. I personally don't mind them and I was actually able to take all of them at once after the 1st week. But I can see how one wouldn't like all of the pills because they are a decent size.

Comments/Final Conclusion-

The reason I waited to do a review of Animal Pump was to 1) cycle a couple weeks off of it and 2) compare it to Jack3d. In all fairness I'm not going to give my results about my 2nd point because this isn't a Jack3d review. So with that said, the 2 weeks I cycled off of Animal Pump I did notice I wasn't "hitting the weights" as hard. I was resting more in between sets and I felt like I wasn't able to lift as long or as much. It might've just been psychological but I think different.

Animal Pump is a great pre-workout from a great company who has been doing this for years. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a convenient pre-workout that gives you a good energy kick and focus with some nice pumps as well.
                    bristol

My favorite pre-workout product. Universal makes quality stuff, and it is not that expensive (relatively speaking).

About 7 years ago NO-Xplode was CRAZY. It worked so well. Then one day, the formula cheapened up and it was garbage. For the past few years I have been looking for a pre-workout that is as good as that original NO-Xplode.

In these past few years, I have tried every (yes.. every.. single.. one..) pre workout on the market. My long, drawn out point is that Animal Pump is the best. 20 minutes after popping these pills with a couple glasses of water (i stay super hydrated) I feel like I want to rip something apart in the gym. No other pre workout does this for me. naNO Vapor actually sometimes has made me feel the opposite- so terrible that I want to leave the gym. Jacked is nice, but this is something else. On my back/bicep days my arms feel like they are going to pop. The vein on the bicep just pulses. The first day I did this on my chest day, my bench did not go up (no product will do that) but I repped 295x8 clean reps when I usually go about 4-6.

What I will warn about is this product has a slight crash. But it really gets me pumped up to workout. Nowadays I take it right before my first set, so it kicks in 20 minutes into my workout, carrying me through the rest of it in a high gear.

I am going to give this product a perfect score, because after 7 years of looking for a pre-workout that really gets me in that zone like that original NO-Xplode formula did, I found it: Animal Pump.

• Jeepkc
                        May 7, 2010

You mentioned makes your heart race, is that because of the stimulant pill that is in animal pump? Just ordered Animal pump and I was going to avoid the stimulant pill.
                      • swazz
                        May 7, 2010

I also use this, and love it! Same 'arm popping' feeling that you described. Although, I must have a high tolerance for stims cause I dont get energized like crazy, but it keeps me up all night cause I take it in the evenings when I do my workouts. So, when I hit the gym in the evenings I avoid the stims (red pill)
                      • bristol

Jeepkc,

I believe it is because of the stimulant (red) pill in the pack. Maybe I have a low tolerance, but this stuff (in my opinion) is very strong. The back of the package states that you should take the red pill out on days that you do not work out, and then it is basically a vitamin pack w/no stim.
                      • Jeepkc
                        May 7, 2010

Thanks I can't wait to use it and see results

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.