Home > Categories > Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA > Universal > Animal Nitro > Reviews

Animal Nitro

By Universal
Animal Nitro Universal
7.7/10
(Weighted average based on 12 Reviews)

Ranks #37 of 95 (better than 62%)
in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Jpotter21

Jpotter21's Animal Nitro Review

I promise you guys I am not a Universal Rep. I have just recently purchased a few of their products. I have had great success with these guys in the past and continue to. So Animal Nitro, The Essential Anabolic EAA Stack. Here it goes.

What is it? According the Universal, Nitro is a superior...

What is it? According the Universal, Nitro is a superior amino complex. One of the things that makes Nitro unique is the Amino complex is Uncoupled. Basically the Amino's bipass your liver and go straight to the muscles you just worked. So instead of being broken down by the liver and loosing some of the effectiveness, they actively help to build muscle and don't need to wait for digestion. And to be honest, I think these boys are onto something. Part of the reason I chose to try this, was because of my success with Humapro. This sounded similar, and came out a little cheaper than Humapro in the long run.

Ingredients- 8/10- Seems to be pretty standard. One of my issues with Universal is they always list their ingredients on the can as being 2 servings not one. But they than will tell you in the directions you will probably only need one pack, but for maximum effectiveness take two. It can be a little deceiving. The Human Muscle Protein Complex contains the Uncopuled Amino complex, which has a blend of 4995mg of the following: Leucine, Lysine, Arginine, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Threonine, Methionine, and Phenylanine. Then the Pro Bcaa Complex which contains 3500 Mg Leucine, 1690 Mg Isoleucine, 1815 mg Valine. All in all with two packs your getting 12 grams of Aminos. Which isnt to shabby, plus the 5 grams of uncoupled. If you cut that to one pack you get 6 grams of aminos. Depending on what your uses for this are I feel both are fairly decent at the one and two pack dosing.

Dosing/Taste- 8/10- So the dosing is pretty easy. One before Workout and one post workout. Universal states to wait 30 minutes after training to consume your post workout shake to allow the aminos to absorb better. I know these are pills, but boy oh boy the powder burps on these suckers are rough. I have taken many a packs by universal and this is the only product I have gotten nasty powder burps from. Too the point where I would actually choke when it came back up. It was pretty gross. All in all if you ever end up taking this stuff make sure you drink it with a generous amount of water or you will choke on your burps.

Effectiveness- 8/10- So I cut out whey protein while using this. And I actually found the recovery from this to be right on par with whey and maybe even better. I felt DOMS decreased quite a bit with taking Nitro. Which is always a added plus. For some reason DOMS for me is killer. I will almost never be sore the day after working a body part, but a lot of the times two to three days after is where I feel it the most. While taking this I felt stiffness the next day but no major soreness. Which is a plus in my book. So I don't think the Uncoupled Aminos thing is hype, they are on to something for sure. I tend to lift fairly heavy to, so anytime I can have added recovery I will take it. I feel Animal Nitro can be extremely valuable on a cut. Especially if any of you, like myself, tend to do cardio post workout. Here is why. Given the Uncoupled Aminos go straight to your working muscles, in theory, I would think it would also help to prevent catabolic activity which cardio can sometimes ensue. I think a product like Nitro would help to preserve muscle mass while dieting while also keeping your strength up. Could easily be used in the early morning before a run to ensure muscles will have optimal protection. You get the added benefits of no calories as well, which should ultimately help to keep you lean while cutting out whey if you choose to do so.

Value- 7/10- This is where nitro takes a bit of a dive for me. I feel for the ultimate effectiveness it is best dosed for two packs. A can is 44 servings or 22 if doing 2 packs a day. If you are on a 5 day or 4 day workout split you are looking at roughly a months use. For a 44 pack can you are looking at a little over 32$. Which comes out to a 1.45 a day, which in my book is a little steep. However, I feel if you are using this for something like cardio alone, you could easily cut that down to one pack and I feel still get your moneys worth. That would last you a little over a month and a half. If you do cut out things like whey and intras I think in the long run you would save money using a product like nitro.

Overall- 7/10- So overall I give it a 7. I really think it comes down to individual goals. I feel it worked well for me, and would for others depending on what your doing. I really think Universal has done something unique and quite honestly created a product that works. The biggest let down is the value, but I do feel this product can be pretty versatile. Props to the boys at Animal for trying something different. Lift hard fellas and fight on.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Recovery Is Good
  • Actively Helps Build Muscle
  • A Bit Expensive
  • Burped Up Powder Sometimes

Posted June 21, 2012
good thorough review bro! I need a new bcaa supp but I dunno bout this cuz of the $$ but really good review +rep

Jpotter21

Posted June 21, 2012
Thanks man I appreciate it!

Mojo

Posted June 21, 2012
Great and detailed review !
I agree, to get the best results out of Nitro, most people [lifters]will need 2 packs and thats a bit pricey. But like you mentioned, to cut out intras or whey, is reasonable and makes it more affordable.

Posted June 21, 2012
i do cardio after my weight training
i just wanna ask
when i should take 1 pack of this after finishing my weight training or after finishing both my weight training and cardio.
pls reply

jlaureano13's Animal Nitro Review

First off let me say this is my first review. I love all things Universal although my daily supplement stack features an arsenal of other companies. So back to the review. I loved it. I took it only pre workout. I know. Not the norm. But it worked for me. My post workout consisted of HumaPro which I felt was enough Aminos for my post added with the age old classic of chicken, white rice, and broccoli. So here's my review.

What is it? It's an EAA stack that is bar none the best I've come across. It's got it all. Packed into 8 capsules just like Animal is so popular for. Guess they haven't figured out a one pill formula yet. But I'm not complaining. For the most part their stuff works.

Taste (N/A)- They are pills. Which is one of the main reasons I was drawn to this. I cant do the protien shake PLUS the pre workout like most suggest so to get those aminos this was the perfect alternative. No taste going down. Did burp up some funk though but nothing to ruin my workout. Drink some water and you'll be golden.

Dosing (9/10)- Again. I took it pre workout and it did its job just fine. Aminos are critical to prevent muscle catabolism so I highly recommend some form if you don't choose this.

Effectiveness (9/10)- Did what its supposed to. I'm the type that needs mental clarity when I lift. And taking this before my session made me feel confident that the muscles were being broken down but not catabolised. Very important. I'm fairly confident that this helped with my DOMS as well. I'm sore occasionally but usually always after a solid leg day. And this stuff made my legs not AS sore. I don't think there is a full proof way to escape DOMS after leg day besides the wussy theory of just not doing them. Haha. But yes. This stuff worked great.

Value (8/10)- I've gone through three tubs so far and I only do one pack before my workout which with my current split is 6 days a week. Making one can last about 7 and a half weeks. Pretty solid deal for what I get it for which is about 33 bucks. But if you took this as recommended from Animal then the price can get a little costly. Up to you how much you dose really.

Would I recommend it? Yes. I would. As most of you know things like this are a necessity in any bodybuilders lunchbox. To protect the muscle. The increase the muscle. And help the muscle recover overall. I tried to be thorough without boring you so I hope this helps make your decision. Again. I do recommend this. I hope you all have the same luck that I did.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Harder
  • Recovery Is Good
  • Burped Up Powder Sometimes

I got to say that I get good results after a day or two

I have been using Animal Nitro off and on for a little over a year and I got to say that I get good results after a day or two. It also gives me a boost while dieting and seems to be even more effective when stacked with pump. I would normally take one pack anytime of the day but I always make sure that I take another right after my workout. Im sure that there are better products out there in everbody elses opinion but Im a die hard Animal user.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
  • Actively Helps Build Muscle
  • Work Out Longer
  • Stronger
  • Harder

DJKalee

I really liked this product and continue to use it

I really liked this product and continue to use it. I used this product as a post workout. As soon as my time in the gym was done I would take one pack with 8oz of grape juice. Pills are a little bulky even as a Veteran Animal User. After taking the pills which are a large dose of Aminos I would have a Post Workout Shake after 30 minutes. My recovery time went up and my muscles felt fuller and harder. I've taken other Aminos, but really like this one best.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Recovery Sky-rocketed
    • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
    • Stronger
    • Harder

Awesome product

Awsome product! i always take one pack immediatley following my workout. i tried two packs years ago but that was not necessary one pack is plent for the average person. i always recover faster and my muscles are more dense and full of energy. this stuff definatley will always be a part of my supplementational arsenal.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
      • Actively Helps Build Muscle
      • Stronger
      • Harder

taysab23

My recovery time seemed alot shorter

I used this when i did a Universal nutrition cycle. You take two packs... not just one. One 30 min. before your workout and suppose to take on immediately after. I took mine about 20 mins before the end of my workout. It seemed to enhance the Animal Pump. When i took it with 1.M.R. i didn't notice too much of an effect. It has an awesome eaa and BCAA profile. My recovery time seemed alot shorter and there it helpd keeping me from crashing afterwards.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Work Out Longer
        • Stronger
        • Harder

Posted May 21, 2010
        Did you lose hardness, muscle size, or strength when you stopped taking this? on a 1-5 scale what where would you put the strength gains. Saying you work out hard as *** 5-6 days a week?

taysab23

Posted May 21, 2010
        I really didn't lose anything. I was taking this with abunch of other stuff so i couldn't say. I took this with animal pump, m-stak, torrent, real gains, animal pak. It was a gaining stage and i gained 12 pounds of solid muscle in a month. The animal nitro heled intensify my workouts and keep my going afterwards.

This is "The" best post workout supp I ve ever taken.

This is "The" best post workout supp I ve ever taken. I don't believe in protein powders. First of all people should realize that this is not pump or vascularity product. This is a amino acid supp. Which consists of HMPC(human muscle protein complex).

I am on my second can of Nitro, I...

I am on my second can of Nitro, I take just one pack per day which is post workout. I have gained '8 pounds' of muscle. While only having the same amount of body fat.

It really makes your muscle harder and stronger. I am taking this with a grape juice. My stack was Nitro, Pump, Pak, Flex.

My favorite brands are universal and optimum nutrition. Ill recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good post workout supplement.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Actively Helps Build Muscle
        • Harder

BubbaD
          (-12)

Once again a staple in your supplement stack

Once again a staple in your supplement stack, some guys get candy in their stockings but as for me last year I know it was a thing of pak, nitro and omega. Used as directed sometimes only 1 pack a day to make it last longer. Didn't like having to wake a half hour after workout for my shake so I used it before with me pre and such

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Actively Helps Build Muscle
          • Harder
          • Recovery Sky-rocketed
          • Biggest Pills Ever Seen
          • Burped Up Powder Sometimes

The recovery is amazing, im bigger

Ive been taking this 3 weeks ago, i take 1 pack after training cause in the pre i take NO Shotgun mhf-1, my doubt is that u take the whey protein with the Animal Nitro or 30 min later? and u take the animal with water or maltodextrin? The recovery is amazing, im bigger, not sure if is the shotgun or the animal, i got stronger, but in brazil where i live its very expensive comparated to USA

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Actively Helps Build Muscle
          • Harder

amazing product

amazing product, but I would like to know if its no side effect when taking Animal Nitro before training and after training as mentioned in the label behind the box, however i take SizeOn maximum performance as well while training

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
          • Stronger
          • Harder