Home > Categories > Amino Acids > BCAA > Universal > Animal Nitro

Universal Animal Nitro

Animal Nitro Universal
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (12 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 90% (Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Reviews
Purple Wraath (42 Reviews)
8.9
Universal BCAA Stack AAC Reviews
BCAA Stack AAC (7 Reviews)
SciVation Xtend Reviews
Xtend (112 Reviews)
Universal 100% Beef Aminos Reviews
100% Beef Aminos (13 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

USP Labs Modern BCAA Reviews
Modern BCAA (77 Reviews)
8.9
BSN Amino X Reviews
Amino X (36 Reviews)
Optimum BCAA 5000 Powder Reviews
BCAA 5000 Powder (14 Reviews)
ALRI Chaind Out Reviews
Chaind Out (13 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

suggestions on how to take animal pak and Animal Nitro
Hi hombres... I would be gratefull if you could share a good way of taking both ...

Purple Wraath vs. Animal Nitro vs. Intra-Bolic
Just wondering guys. Right now money isn't an option. I can get whichever o...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Animal Nitro Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Animal Nitro Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Harder (11)
  • Builds Muscle (10)
  • Actively Helps Build Muscle (8)
  • Recovery Sky-rocketed (8)
  • A Bit Expensive (4)
  • Burped Up Powder Sometimes (4)
  • Biggest Pills Ever Seen (1)
June 21, 2012

Reviews: 49

Age: 22

June 21, 2012
 I promise you guys I am not a Universal Rep. I have just recently purchased a few of their products. I have had great success with these guys in the past and continue to. So Animal Nitro, The Essential Anabolic EAA Stack. Here it goes.

What is it? According the Universal, Nitro is a superior amino complex. One of the things that makes Nitro unique is the Amino complex is Uncoupled. Basically the Amino's bipass your liver and go straight to the muscles you just worked. So instead of being broken down by the liver and loosing some of the effectiveness, they actively help to build muscle and don't need to wait for digestion. And to be honest, I think these boys are onto something. Part of the reason I chose to try this, was because of my success with Humapro. This sounded similar, and came out a little cheaper than Humapro in the long run.

Ingredients- 8/10- Seems to be pretty standard. One of my issues with Universal is they always list their ingredients on the can as being 2 servings not one. But they than will tell you in the directions you will probably only need one pack, but for maximum effectiveness take two. It can be a little deceiving. The Human Muscle Protein Complex contains the Uncopuled Amino complex, which has a blend of 4995mg of the following: Leucine, Lysine, Arginine, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Threonine, Methionine, and Phenylanine. Then the Pro Bcaa Complex which contains 3500 Mg Leucine, 1690 Mg Isoleucine, 1815 mg Valine. All in all with two packs your getting 12 grams of Aminos. Which isnt to shabby, plus the 5 grams of uncoupled. If you cut that to one pack you get 6 grams of aminos. Depending on what your uses for this are I feel both are fairly decent at the one and two pack dosing.

Dosing/Taste- 8/10- So the dosing is pretty easy. One before Workout and one post workout. Universal states to wait 30 minutes after training to consume your post workout shake to allow the aminos to absorb better. I know these are pills, but boy oh boy the powder burps on these suckers are rough. I have taken many a packs by universal and this is the only product I have gotten nasty powder burps from. Too the point where I would actually choke when it came back up. It was pretty gross. All in all if you ever end up taking this stuff make sure you drink it with a generous amount of water or you will choke on your burps.

Effectiveness- 8/10- So I cut out whey protein while using this. And I actually found the recovery from this to be right on par with whey and maybe even better. I felt DOMS decreased quite a bit with taking Nitro. Which is always a added plus. For some reason DOMS for me is killer. I will almost never be sore the day after working a body part, but a lot of the times two to three days after is where I feel it the most. While taking this I felt stiffness the next day but no major soreness. Which is a plus in my book. So I don't think the Uncoupled Aminos thing is hype, they are on to something for sure. I tend to lift fairly heavy to, so anytime I can have added recovery I will take it. I feel Animal Nitro can be extremely valuable on a cut. Especially if any of you, like myself, tend to do cardio post workout. Here is why. Given the Uncoupled Aminos go straight to your working muscles, in theory, I would think it would also help to prevent catabolic activity which cardio can sometimes ensue. I think a product like Nitro would help to preserve muscle mass while dieting while also keeping your strength up. Could easily be used in the early morning before a run to ensure muscles will have optimal protection. You get the added benefits of no calories as well, which should ultimately help to keep you lean while cutting out whey if you choose to do so.

Value- 7/10- This is where nitro takes a bit of a dive for me. I feel for the ultimate effectiveness it is best dosed for two packs. A can is 44 servings or 22 if doing 2 packs a day. If you are on a 5 day or 4 day workout split you are looking at roughly a months use. For a 44 pack can you are looking at a little over 32$. Which comes out to a 1.45 a day, which in my book is a little steep. However, I feel if you are using this for something like cardio alone, you could easily cut that down to one pack and I feel still get your moneys worth. That would last you a little over a month and a half. If you do cut out things like whey and intras I think in the long run you would save money using a product like nitro.

Overall- 7/10- So overall I give it a 7. I really think it comes down to individual goals. I feel it worked well for me, and would for others depending on what your doing. I really think Universal has done something unique and quite honestly created a product that works. The biggest let down is the value, but I do feel this product can be pretty versatile. Props to the boys at Animal for trying something different. Lift hard fellas and fight on.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Recovery Is Good
  • Actively Helps Build Muscle
  • A Bit Expensive
  • Burped Up Powder Sometimes
Reply #1:
707daniel1
707daniel1

Joined: 6/2012
Reputation: +3
good thorough review bro! I need a new bcaa supp but I dunno bout this cuz of the $$ but really good review +rep

Reply #2:

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 49
Reputation: +1326
Thanks man I appreciate it!

Reply #3:
Mojo
Mojo

Joined: 2/2013
Reviews: 2
Reputation: +7
Great and detailed review !
I agree, to get the best results out of Nitro, most people [lifters]will need 2 packs and thats a bit pricey. But like you mentioned, to cut out intras or whey, is reasonable and makes it more affordable.

Reply #4:
rickwarrior
rickwarrior

Joined: 5/2012
Reputation: +16
i do cardio after my weight training
i just wanna ask
when i should take 1 pack of this after finishing my weight training or after finishing both my weight training and cardio.
pls reply

April 15, 2013

jlaureano13

Age: 25

April 15, 2013
 First off let me say this is my first review. I love all things Universal although my daily supplement stack features an arsenal of other companies. So back to the review. I loved it. I took it only pre workout. I know. Not the norm. But it worked for me. My post workout consisted of HumaPro which I felt was enough Aminos for my post added with the age old classic of chicken, white rice, and broccoli. So here's my review.

What is it? It's an EAA stack that is bar none the best I've come across. It's got it all. Packed into 8 capsules just like Animal is so popular for. Guess they haven't figured out a one pill formula yet. But I'm not complaining. For the most part their stuff works.

Taste (N/A)- They are pills. Which is one of the main reasons I was drawn to this. I cant do the protien shake PLUS the pre workout like most suggest so to get those aminos this was the perfect alternative. No taste going down. Did burp up some funk though but nothing to ruin my workout. Drink some water and you'll be golden.

Dosing (9/10)- Again. I took it pre workout and it did its job just fine. Aminos are critical to prevent muscle catabolism so I highly recommend some form if you don't choose this.

Effectiveness (9/10)- Did what its supposed to. I'm the type that needs mental clarity when I lift. And taking this before my session made me feel confident that the muscles were being broken down but not catabolised. Very important. I'm fairly confident that this helped with my DOMS as well. I'm sore occasionally but usually always after a solid leg day. And this stuff made my legs not AS sore. I don't think there is a full proof way to escape DOMS after leg day besides the wussy theory of just not doing them. Haha. But yes. This stuff worked great.

Value (8/10)- I've gone through three tubs so far and I only do one pack before my workout which with my current split is 6 days a week. Making one can last about 7 and a half weeks. Pretty solid deal for what I get it for which is about 33 bucks. But if you took this as recommended from Animal then the price can get a little costly. Up to you how much you dose really.

Would I recommend it? Yes. I would. As most of you know things like this are a necessity in any bodybuilders lunchbox. To protect the muscle. The increase the muscle. And help the muscle recover overall. I tried to be thorough without boring you so I hope this helps make your decision. Again. I do recommend this. I hope you all have the same luck that I did.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Harder
  • Recovery Is Good
September 24, 2012

GOHARD74

Age: 29

September 24, 2012
 JUST FINISHED MY FIRST CAN. I had really good results with this product. Maybe day 3 I noticed I was feeling more solid and harder muscle. But above all my recovery was amazing..
Even with your most intense workouts, you wont have half the discomfort or aches. I still felt tight and could tell that I definitely had hit my muscles hard , but above all my soreness was not an issue and I had recovered completely in around 2 days time. I did have some strength gains prob due to the fact that I'm recovering faster and working out longer and more often. While using Nitro I was also on Optimum Nutrition creatine /Jack 3D/ and Animal Pak. I have noticed some strength gains and also a little size.I did burp up powder one time, due to the fact that I didn't drink enough water with the Nitro. Overall this is a good product and i do recommend it. The price is a little steep but you get what you pay for.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Stronger
  • Actively Helps Build Muscle
  • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
  • Recovery Sky-rocketed
April 21, 2012

arvind03

Age: 20

April 21, 2012
 This is "The" best post workout supp I ve ever taken. I don't believe in protein powders. First of all people should realize that this is not pump or vascularity product. This is a amino acid supp. Which consists of HMPC(human muscle protein complex).

I am on my second can of Nitro, I take just one pack per day which is post workout. I have gained '8 pounds' of muscle. While only having the same amount of body fat.

It really makes your muscle harder and stronger. I am taking this with a grape juice. My stack was Nitro, Pump, Pak, Flex.

My favorite brands are universal and optimum nutrition. Ill recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good post workout supplement.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Actively Helps Build Muscle
  • Harder
    December 10, 2011

BubbaD

Reviews: 11

Age: 19

December 10, 2011
     Once again a staple in your supplement stack, some guys get candy in their stockings but as for me last year I know it was a thing of pak, nitro and omega. Used as directed sometimes only 1 pack a day to make it last longer. Didn't like having to wake a half hour after workout for my shake so I used it before with me pre and such
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Actively Helps Build Muscle
    • Harder
    • Recovery Sky-rocketed
    • Biggest Pills Ever Seen
    • Burped Up Powder Sometimes
    June 28, 2011

Raphael

Age: 17

June 28, 2011
     Ive been taking this 3 weeks ago, i take 1 pack after training cause in the pre i take NO Shotgun mhf-1, my doubt is that u take the whey protein with the Animal Nitro or 30 min later? and u take the animal with water or maltodextrin? The recovery is amazing, im bigger, not sure if is the shotgun or the animal, i got stronger, but in brazil where i live its very expensive comparated to USA
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Actively Helps Build Muscle
    • Harder
    June 20, 2011

Zytoon

Age: 28

June 20, 2011
     amazing product, but I would like to know if its no side effect when taking Animal Nitro before training and after training as mentioned in the label behind the box, however i take SizeOn maximum performance as well while training

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
    • Stronger
    • Harder
      December 15, 2010

Dtove001

Age: 28

December 15, 2010
       I have been using Animal Nitro off and on for a little over a year and I got to say that I get good results after a day or two. It also gives me a boost while dieting and seems to be even more effective when stacked with pump. I would normally take one pack anytime of the day but I always make sure that I take another right after my workout. Im sure that there are better products out there in everbody elses opinion but Im a die hard Animal user.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
      • Actively Helps Build Muscle
      • Work Out Longer
      • Stronger
      • Harder
        July 17, 2010

DirtyD

Reviews: 4

Age: 23

July 17, 2010
         Awsome product! i always take one pack immediatley following my workout. i tried two packs years ago but that was not necessary one pack is plent for the average person. i always recover faster and my muscles are more dense and full of energy. this stuff definatley will always be a part of my supplementational arsenal.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
        • Actively Helps Build Muscle
        • Stronger
        • Harder
          May 21, 2010

Reviews: 44

Age: 16

May 21, 2010
           I used this when i did a Universal nutrition cycle. You take two packs... not just one. One 30 min. before your workout and suppose to take on immediately after. I took mine about 20 mins before the end of my workout. It seemed to enhance the Animal Pump. When i took it with 1.M.R. i didn't notice too much of an effect. It has an awesome eaa and BCAA profile. My recovery time seemed alot shorter and there it helpd keeping me from crashing afterwards.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Work Out Longer
          • Stronger
          • Harder
          Reply #1:
          kubitzky10
          kubitzky10

Joined: 4/2010
          Reviews: 29
          Reputation: +567
          Did you lose hardness, muscle size, or strength when you stopped taking this? on a 1-5 scale what where would you put the strength gains. Saying you work out hard as *** 5-6 days a week?

Reply #2:

Joined: 5/2010
          Reviews: 44
          Reputation: +501
          I really didn't lose anything. I was taking this with abunch of other stuff so i couldn't say. I took this with animal pump, m-stak, torrent, real gains, animal pak. It was a gaining stage and i gained 12 pounds of solid muscle in a month. The animal nitro heled intensify my workouts and keep my going afterwards.

Have you used Animal Nitro? Submit your own Review!