Animal Nitro

By: Universal

Animal Nitro is a BCAA manufactured by Universal. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Does Animal Nitro work?
Jpotter21

June 21, 2012

I promise you guys I am not a Universal Rep. I have just recently purchased a few of their products. I have had great success with these guys in the past and continue to. So Animal Nitro, The Essential Anabolic EAA Stack. Here it goes.

What is it? According the Universal, Nitro is a superior amino complex. One of the things that makes Nitro unique is the Amino complex is Uncoupled. Basically the Amino's bipass your liver and go straight to the muscles you just worked. So instead of being broken down by the liver and loosing some of the effectiveness, they actively help to build muscle and don't need to wait for digestion. And to be honest, I think these boys are onto something. Part of the reason I chose to try this, was because of my success with Humapro. This sounded similar, and came out a little cheaper than Humapro in the long run.

Ingredients- 8/10- Seems to be pretty standard. One of my issues with Universal is they always list their ingredients on the can as being 2 servings not one. But they than will tell you in the directions you will probably only need one pack, but for maximum effectiveness take two. It can be a little deceiving. The Human Muscle Protein Complex contains the Uncopuled Amino complex, which has a blend of 4995mg of the following: Leucine, Lysine, Arginine, Valine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Threonine, Methionine, and Phenylanine. Then the Pro Bcaa Complex which contains 3500 Mg Leucine, 1690 Mg Isoleucine, 1815 mg Valine. All in all with two packs your getting 12 grams of Aminos. Which isnt to shabby, plus the 5 grams of uncoupled. If you cut that to one pack you get 6 grams of aminos. Depending on what your uses for this are I feel both are fairly decent at the one and two pack dosing.

Dosing/Taste- 8/10- So the dosing is pretty easy. One before Workout and one post workout. Universal states to wait 30 minutes after training to consume your post workout shake to allow the aminos to absorb better. I know these are pills, but boy oh boy the powder burps on these suckers are rough. I have taken many a packs by universal and this is the only product I have gotten nasty powder burps from. Too the point where I would actually choke when it came back up. It was pretty gross. All in all if you ever end up taking this stuff make sure you drink it with a generous amount of water or you will choke on your burps.

Effectiveness- 8/10- So I cut out whey protein while using this. And I actually found the recovery from this to be right on par with whey and maybe even better. I felt DOMS decreased quite a bit with taking Nitro. Which is always a added plus. For some reason DOMS for me is killer. I will almost never be sore the day after working a body part, but a lot of the times two to three days after is where I feel it the most. While taking this I felt stiffness the next day but no major soreness. Which is a plus in my book. So I don't think the Uncoupled Aminos thing is hype, they are on to something for sure. I tend to lift fairly heavy to, so anytime I can have added recovery I will take it. I feel Animal Nitro can be extremely valuable on a cut. Especially if any of you, like myself, tend to do cardio post workout. Here is why. Given the Uncoupled Aminos go straight to your working muscles, in theory, I would think it would also help to prevent catabolic activity which cardio can sometimes ensue. I think a product like Nitro would help to preserve muscle mass while dieting while also keeping your strength up. Could easily be used in the early morning before a run to ensure muscles will have optimal protection. You get the added benefits of no calories as well, which should ultimately help to keep you lean while cutting out whey if you choose to do so.

Value- 7/10- This is where nitro takes a bit of a dive for me. I feel for the ultimate effectiveness it is best dosed for two packs. A can is 44 servings or 22 if doing 2 packs a day. If you are on a 5 day or 4 day workout split you are looking at roughly a months use. For a 44 pack can you are looking at a little over 32$. Which comes out to a 1.45 a day, which in my book is a little steep. However, I feel if you are using this for something like cardio alone, you could easily cut that down to one pack and I feel still get your moneys worth. That would last you a little over a month and a half. If you do cut out things like whey and intras I think in the long run you would save money using a product like nitro.

Overall- 7/10- So overall I give it a 7. I really think it comes down to individual goals. I feel it worked well for me, and would for others depending on what your doing. I really think Universal has done something unique and quite honestly created a product that works. The biggest let down is the value, but I do feel this product can be pretty versatile. Props to the boys at Animal for trying something different. Lift hard fellas and fight on.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Actively Helps Build Muscle
  • Recovery Is Good
  • A Bit Expensive
  • Burped Up Powder Sometimes

----Introduction----
Universal is known to make solid quality products that do not claim anything that they will not back up 100%. I love amino acid products as I find they are very easily digested especially during workouts and can boost recovery and maintain energy levels during the workout. I am a competitive bodybuilder and recovery is very important to me.

----Ingredient Profile----
6 grams of BCAA/EAA per pack some vitamin some...
----Introduction----

----Ingredient Profile----
6 grams of BCAA/EAA per pack some vitamin some vit b6 and niacin. Nothing new. They call the mix of EAAs the Human Muscle Protein Complex. That is really more to make it sound appealing kind of unnecessary they are just aminos.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
No taste because they are unflavored powdered pills that are easily digested. The fact that they are uncoupled aminos means that they quickly bypass the liver and are digested within few minutes. Instructions on the can say to take 1 pack before and 1 pack after the workout.

----Effectiveness----
I think this is where Nitro shines. Although the product is just amino acids. This actually works and I can FEEL a big difference especially during a caloric deficit. I find that for me 1 pack before and 1 pack after is not sufficient. I will take 3-4 packs during the workout or immediately after and can see and feel a difference. It helps to increase my pumps and the feeling of fullness during my workout as well as feeling the decrease in DOMS after. It is also very convenient that they come in packs so I can carry some around if I know that it may be a few hours in between meals to stay anabolic.

----Value----
This is by far the biggest downside. Animal products do usually run a little bit higher in price for the amount of ingredient per serving. I guess they feel the quality is what will continue to draw consumers. Nitro for an EAA/BCAA product is far expensive. But only because of how effective it is does it bring me back to using this product. I may use up to 2 cans a month of this stuff and that really adds up.

----Side Effects----
Maybe some amino burps that taste nasty but that's about it.

----Conclusion----
Overall very happy about this. It is my favorite amino acid product and will continue to use for a while.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery Is Good
  • Increase Fullness
  • Harder
  • A Bit Expensive
  April 15, 2013

First off let me say this is my first review. I love all things Universal although my daily supplement stack features an arsenal of other companies. So back to the review. I loved it. I took it only pre workout. I know. Not the norm. But it worked for me. My post workout consisted of HumaPro which I felt was enough Aminos for my post added with the age old classic of chicken, white rice, and broccoli. So here's my review.

What is it? It's an EAA stack that is bar none the best I've come across. It's got it all. Packed into 8 capsules just like Animal is so popular for. Guess they haven't figured out a one pill formula yet. But I'm not complaining. For the most part their stuff works.

Taste (N/A)- They are pills. Which is one of the main reasons I was drawn to this. I cant do the protien shake PLUS the pre workout like most suggest so to get those aminos this was the perfect alternative. No taste going down. Did burp up some funk though but nothing to ruin my workout. Drink some water and you'll be golden.

Dosing (9/10)- Again. I took it pre workout and it did its job just fine. Aminos are critical to prevent muscle catabolism so I highly recommend some form if you don't choose this.

Effectiveness (9/10)- Did what its supposed to. I'm the type that needs mental clarity when I lift. And taking this before my session made me feel confident that the muscles were being broken down but not catabolised. Very important. I'm fairly confident that this helped with my DOMS as well. I'm sore occasionally but usually always after a solid leg day. And this stuff made my legs not AS sore. I don't think there is a full proof way to escape DOMS after leg day besides the wussy theory of just not doing them. Haha. But yes. This stuff worked great.

Value (8/10)- I've gone through three tubs so far and I only do one pack before my workout which with my current split is 6 days a week. Making one can last about 7 and a half weeks. Pretty solid deal for what I get it for which is about 33 bucks. But if you took this as recommended from Animal then the price can get a little costly. Up to you how much you dose really.

Would I recommend it? Yes. I would. As most of you know things like this are a necessity in any bodybuilders lunchbox. To protect the muscle. The increase the muscle. And help the muscle recover overall. I tried to be thorough without boring you so I hope this helps make your decision. Again. I do recommend this. I hope you all have the same luck that I did.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Harder
  • Burped Up Powder Sometimes

I have been using Animal Nitro off and on for a little over a year and I got to say that I get good results after a day or two. It also gives me a boost while dieting and seems to be even more effective when stacked with pump. I would normally take one pack anytime of the day but I always make sure that I take another right after my workout. Im sure that there are better products out there in everbody elses opinion but Im a die hard Animal user.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
  • Actively Helps Build Muscle
  • Work Out Longer
  • Stronger
  • Harder
  • Recovery Sky-rocketed

I really liked this product and continue to use it. I used this product as a post workout. As soon as my time in the gym was done I would take one pack with 8oz of grape juice. Pills are a little bulky even as a Veteran Animal User. After taking the pills which are a large dose of Aminos I would have a Post Workout Shake after 30 minutes. My recovery time went up and my muscles felt fuller and harder. I've taken other Aminos, but really like this one best.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Solid As A Rock
  • Stronger
  • Harder
  • Recovery Sky-rocketed
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.