Animal Flex

By Universal
Animal Flex Universal
8.7/10
(Weighted average based on 42 Reviews)

Ranks #2 of 25 (better than 96%)
in Health & Wellbeing > Joint Support
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

VonBoom

Lots of Pills, but They're Worth It

The one thing I've consistently struggled with, as I've moved to lifting heavier weights in my 40s, is joint discomfort. My wrists, shoulders, knees...you name it. If I do heavy lifts (particularly compound lifts), I feel it before, during and after. Because I was starting to kick my training into higher gear this past year, I started taking Animal Flex to try to combat the aches.

Here's a quick look at the profile:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 100mg
Vitamin E 100mg
Zinc (as Zinc piccolinate) 15mg
Selenium (as Sodium Selenite) 70mcg
Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate) 1mg
Joint Construction Complex 3000mg
Glucosamine (as HCl sulfate KCl)
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA)
Chondroitin Sulfate B (CSB)
Joint Lubrication Complex 1000mg
Flaxseed Oil (50% alpha linolenic acid)
Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend
Hyaluronic Acid
Joint Support Complex 1000mg
Quercetin
Bromelain **
Ginger Root Extract (gingerols shogaols)
Turmeric Extract (curcumin)
Boswellia (boswellic acid)

I've used three tubs of Animal Flex now and am definitely dealing with fewer joint issues than before. And I'm lifting heavier weights than I was several months ago, too. So, I'm definitely seeing results. But it's not a cure-all. I still get aches in my right shoulder and my wrists. The difference, with my shoulder at least, is that it's not constant. I'll have soreness directly after the workout, sometimes for the remainder of the day. But it doesn't hold me back when I return to the gym a day later. That's a marked improvement. There were times last summer where I would have to change my workout rotation because my shoulder or hip was still aching from a workout several days before. I haven't had that happen for a while now.

Taste: n/a
Just a pile of caps.

Dosage: 8/10
People complain about the number of pills in these things (8 per pack), but it all comes in a convenient little bag to be taken one time a day, either on an empty stomach or with food.

Sides: 10/10
I've heard others complain about digestive issues. I've had none. No complaints.

If you can catch a special, you can get a can of 44 servings (one per day) for under $25. That's less than $.60/day. Not bad at all.

Summary:
Animal Flex is a solid product for joint issues. It's not going to make all your troubles go away, but the profile is one of the most complete and well-rounded on the market and will definitely help you heal up for your next workout.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Relieves Joint Pain
  • Convenient Dosage
  • No Sides

Jpotter21

Jpotter21's Animal Flex Review

Sorry I've had so many reviews, I feel like Flash Lol. But I just finished a bunch of products all at once, and I can't believe I've never reviewed this stuff. It's been a staple in my stack for quite sometime. Animal Flex, my personal all time favorite joint supplement.

Ingredient Profile:...

Ingredient Profile: 9/10- So I'll admit that at first glance the ingredient profile doesn't seem like much. But whatever these guys do it just simply works. You have your pretty basic stuff like Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and Flax Seed Oil. Than you have some other things I've never seen in a joint supplement thrown in like Ginger root, tumeric root, hyaluronic acid, boswellia, quercitin, and bromelain. Some how all of this comes together and delivers some of the best joint protection I've ever had. How it all works together I do not know, but all I can say is it simply works. Some of the ingredients said it seemed underdosed, which it may be but it works.

Taste/Pills: N/A- I've said this once and I'll say it again. Don't buy a Animal Product and complain about all of the pills. Thats just the way they do it. You should know Animal loves a lot of pills. Just swallow the dang things. I actually don't mind having all of the pills because than you know exactly what your getting. Their is no taste with this, and you don't get a funky smell like you do with with some of the Animal line. I love having the individual packs, it makes my life so much easier.

Effectiveness: 9/10- So a little back story on why I picked up this product about a year ago. I messed up my shoulder really bad doing a military press. I was out of the gym for almost a month. I tried everything. Fish oil, flax seed, Glucosomine, MSM, anything and everything. Nothing was working for my shoulder. It was so bad I couldn't even do a 5lb lateral raise. It was driving me absolutely insane. I went into the vitamin shoppe here locally and spoke with one of the salesman. He is a great guy and really knows a lot. I asked him if he had anything that worked really well for joint pain. He pointed me over to flex. He told me he messed up his shoulders and started taking this. He said within days his shoulder pain was gone and he felt so much better. I thought maybe he was just trying to get a sale out of me, but what the heck. I had tried everything else and had nothing to loose. Went home that night and took my first pak. Woke up the next morning and NO shoulder pain. Still gave it a few days before I hit the gym and when I finally went back I did a shoulder workout. It was as if my shoulder had never been injured. I felt fantastic.

Fast Forward a year and this product is still a staple for me. I use this every day and feel great. Now I did run Erase Pro recently and suffered some major joint pain. Within minutes of taking this the joint pain would subside. I still had aches and pains but I know it was from erase. It dries you out so its normal to still feel some joint pain. But I cant imagine how it would feel without this. I absolutely love this stuff. Its consistent and always works. I've not had anymore issues out of my shoulders. I've tried switching to other products and nothing compares. Flat out IMO Animal Flex is one of the most superior joint supplements available. Its also won Joint Supplement of the year quite a few years in row over at BB.com. Great stuff!

Value: 9/10- I feel the value on this is actually pretty decent. I generally pay 21.99 for it which averages out to .49 cents a day. I feel that is pretty good, and for what it does I can easily afford to make this a staple in my supplements.

Overall: 9/10- I love this stuff. I'm raving about it simply because it works. Universal IMO puts out top quality products. They have been in the industry for quite some time and it shows. I will continue to use flex for years to come. I would highly recommend you guys trying some. You won't be sorry. Have a good one guys.

Posted June 15, 2012
      Foo'ed up my shoulder the other day on military too bro. Very irritating. Great review though. +rep

Gkeezy

Posted June 15, 2012
      Just picked it up, cant wait to see how it goes for me

SpartanKing7's Animal Flex Review

If you have ever been thrown in an arm bar 5 days a week, done iron crosses, back levers, planches, or ran miles a week, you know what joint pain is. But you don't have to be highly active to relate to my pain. Every day life can cause enough wear and tear to cause a person discomfort. I had an older gentleman who used to be a power lifter in the age of Arnold's (good) movie making days, and I'm always up for trying something that universal makes. Here is my experience:

-Ingredient profile: 9/10
      Chondroitin Sulfate C (CSC) **
      Joint Lubrication Complex 1000mg
      Flaxseed Oil (50% Alpha Linolenic Acid) **
      Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend
      (Cetyl Myristoleaste**, Cetyl Myristate**, Cetyl Palmitate**, Cetyl Laurate**, Cetyl Palmitoleate**, Cetyl Oleate**)
      Hyaluronic Acid **
      Joint Support Complex 1000mg
      Ginger Root Extract (Gingerols, Shogaols) **
      Turmeric Root (Curcumin) **
      Boswellia (Resin) (Boswellic Acid) **
      Quercetin **
      Bromelain **
      * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

-Taste: N/A
      They are pills, taste really just runs off what they smell like in a residual olfactory response upon the moment of swallowing them, and I've never smelled a pill that was worthy of making a Yankee candle out of it. These are horse pills though, so some people may have a hard time swallowing them.

-Effectiveness: 9/10
      I have gone through 2 containers at the rate of 1 packet per day, and noticed results around packet number 21, or 3 weeks of use. I feel that it helped with lubrication of joints, as well as support for my foundation at the tendon and ligament level. These results consisted of less joint inflammation after rough sparring sessions and brutal submission attempts. My elbows felt less of a dull pain, my left knee didn't have the low grade pain associated with running or shooting for takedowns, and most importantly, my neck needed to be cracked less often to relieve the gaseous pressure that builds up from using your head to control an opponent on the ground. This effect only continued to maintain though, and it is not something that will cure arthritis, but it will offer mild relief I common ailments. This alone is worth the price, as opposed to spending money on doctors visits and ibuprofen, which causes stomach issues with many users.

-Value: 9/10
      Cost on bodybuilding.com right now is about 28 dollars plus tax. Compared to the cost of other types of joint support supplements which can exceed 50 dollars with debatable results and quality, I have few problems giving up around 30 dollars for 44 days worth of decreased joint, tendon and ligament problems from a reputable company such as Universal, especially with their "iron clad guarantee" policy.

-Overall: 9/10
      This product works. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it works. It's not a placebo effect, that's for sure, my results were measured in my ability to not move like I have arthritis following rigorous activity as compared to before I tried the supplement. This is not a cure all, and if you're not drinking sufficient fluid and taking basic precautions in your nutrition (don't starve yourself and jack up your body, etc.) then nothing will help you because you're just going to deplete your body's ability to help itself. I would recommend this product, and I actually urge athletes in sports such as MMA, parkour and running to take it. Later.

Posted April 29, 2013
      I meant to say I had an older power lifter recommend this to me. Hope that helps clarify my introduction.

Posted April 29, 2013
      good review man. I have tendonitis in my shoulders and i am doing 3 weaks therapy at my doctor. I also have cracks as you at my feet and i cant wait to test this supplement. I have read the reviews and it seems reliable.

Posted April 29, 2013
      Thanks man. Be warned, it is something you have to take every day to keep the effects in your system.some days I will forget if I took it yet so I prefer to run the risk of double dosing than under dosing. Think of it like creatine, you have to saturate your system with the stuff before you notice anything.

ron

Posted April 29, 2013
      Great review. ill be looking for a new universal line of yankey candles this holiday season. Gotta be a market for that at the local Golds Gym im sure......

Posted April 29, 2013
      Yes, i have seen from the reviews that you have to take it every day. It is a pain relief product not a product.

Posted April 30, 2013
      for cure*

Animal Flex is Universal Animal's joint complex

Animal Flex is Universal Animal's joint complex. Its pretty much an all in one supplement in terms of joint support/repair. It has a "Joint construction complex" which is made up of Glucosamine, MSM, and chondroitin Sulfates A and C and the purpose is to build/repair damaged joint cartlidge. It has a lipid complex which is based on Flaxseed Oil and other healthy fats to pretty much coat your joints to prevent ware and tear from excercise. And a joint support complex for "upkeep" on your joints to even further prevent joints from damage. I Originally got Animal Flex because I usually lift with very heavy sets and low reps, and as a result my knees, elbows and shoulders would ache (knees espcially). My knees got to such a point that it hurt to run, and i was forced to do very high rep excercises for legs and do around 3-4 warmup sets before any working sets. it was a pain in the a** to do this, and so I got Animal Flex and I am very impressed with how I feel now compared to the way I was feeling. I noticed significant changes in the way my joints felt in the 2nd week I was taking this product, and the results kept getting better the longer I used it. Depending on where you get AF, it can range from a good price to expensive, bb.com has a good price on it and so does sbmuscle.com and AllStarHealth.com. Animal Flex will remain a staple in my stack because after taking this i believe that it is a must for powerlifters, bodybuilders and anyone who excercises on a regular basis. (Plus you get a sic shirt if you order it off of bb.com haha)

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Almost No Joint Pain Anymore!

Manimal

Posted September 22, 2010
        Man, 16 and taking joint support already, i feel for you bro.

Nice review.

Posted September 22, 2010
        my family has a history of knee problems, (espcially on my dads side of the family), I really just got this for my knees but other joint aches could have been solved in other ways but it helped me either way, and I think its just good to have something that is kind of like insurance if you want call it that. I mean if you lift heavy,run, just excercising in general can take a toll on your joints and i feel that it is good to have something to back you up if you know what I mean.
        By the way thanks haha

ncm7772

Posted September 22, 2010
        A shame you have to take this at a young age, Man. I had patella tendonitis when I was a senior in high school and it sucked!

Great review, and I'm glad the product worked for ya.

I am completely satisfied

okay i am on my third can of this and i was skeptical at 1st but know i am completely satisfied and here is why. about 4 months ago i started to see a trend of increasing pain on on the anterior portion of my ulnar epicondyle during my chest day workouts. greatly disturbed by this i started to do some research. after reading through some medical journals there were a few ingredients i kept noticing flaxseed , msm, etc etc. i have read a few places that this product was underdosed but after running it through a Epistane cycle with minimal joint stress i am very pleased to say that this stuff worked great . at the time when iwas running this i was on no other joint support supps besides the standard ON Fish Oil . i tried some Cissus products with no real luck. i will note that i did not see a difference until my third week of taking it . (and just a side note i ran carlsons cod liver oil with the epi cycle ) but i did have a solid 6 weeks with just Animal Flex so i know it worked for me.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Staple In My Stack

A 44day subscription.

Universal's Animal Flex Joint Support Supplement.
          ---------------------------------------------------

Universal's Animal Flex Joint Support Supplement.
          ---------------------------------------------------

This supplement it is supposed to heal the body from injuries, to smooth internal joints, to increase the rate recovery and it also has a combination of vitamins and electrolytes to protect ligaments and tissues! Everything is cool! Don't you agree?

I am using this product since i injured the tendons of my shoulders. It is a real fact, that once it happens to have tendinitis, you will have it for the rest of your life, maybe, not in the same intensity if you do physiotherapies but you will still have it. I was incredibly sad when i injured my shoulders and i was searching like a maniac at the net to find a "cure" from people who had experienced the same problem! I was reading reaviews at this site about this supplement and it seemed to be very reliable.
          I was reading that guys were noticing immediately changes after one day or one-two weeks and i wanted to believe that this supplement will do what it is supposed to do even if it takes more time. Crazy??? So i ordered my first joint support supplement!

Along with this product i was also taking On's Gold Standard Whey, Reflex Nutrition's Bcaa and later USP Labs Pink Magic. I am in th 3rd box of this supplement so i think that i have a clear view of this product.

Effectiveness: 7
          Before i start i have to say that i was doing physiotherapies for 3 weeks and after this i started animal flex. I will explain you later why i am saying this. I was off the gym for more than a month. I began again training and also using animal flex. For almost 1 and a half month i was working out like a woman, with the pink dumbells, cause the soreness at my joints was intense and it needs some time recover!!! I dint notice anything until the 4th weeκ. Basically i was more sure about the effectiveness when i finished my first box and had a break between the second box. At the end of the first box i was noticing that the pain at my joints was starting slightly to reduce. I was feeling that this supplement was strating to working. Unfortunately a couple of days later the extinct pain returned and i realized by my self that this supplement will work as long as you use it and no more! Now i am at my 3rd box and i can say that it has helped me, especially when i am working out my shoulders and my triceps, but not so much at my chest. When i got inured i couldn't workout neither my arms, nor my shoulders, nor my chest. Now i am more satisfied about my arms and shoulders workouts, but i am worried about my chest workouts :( . I also have crack at my ankles since i was a young child and i was hoping that this supplement will help me with this but it didn't do so much. Now the bad news are that this supplement didn't manage to stand up against USP Labs Pink MAgic. During my PM cycle especially when it started to kick in, i started feeling again soreness in my shoulder joints. I know PM dried my body out of water, but for this reason i was using Animal Flex to lubricate my joints and to have no problem! I also have to mention that i always drink a lot of water. As long as my PM cycle lasted the soreness was more intense and i am not happy about this.

Side Effects: 7
          Many guys maybe dont like the smell of theese pills but i really like it when i open the container! Some times i was taking the pills on an empty stomach and other times i was taking them with food. Some times theese pills were stucking to my throat and i had a bad aftertaste when i was burping. I also was experiencing this nasty aftertaste even if i had swallowed them properly some times. Finally i didn't like the burning feeling at my throat when it was happening to stuck.

Dosage: 8
          I have no problem taking a bunch of pills but i dont like when they stuck into my throat.

Value: 7
          I am buying this product for 30 euros here in Hellas and it keeps me for 44 days. I Am a little confused about the value of this product because even though it works you must pay 30 euros every 44 days and this is a bad ass subscription.

Overall: 7
          In conclusion i have to say that this is an overhyped supplement which doesn't do miracles but it finally works even if it is not so potent and you are able to see results as long as you take it and no more!!! If i hadn't done physiotherapies this supplement wouldn't be enough to help me with my injuries. To be more specific physiotherapies helped me a 60-70% and the supplement a 30-40%. I guess that i will have a break after my 3rd container to see again what will happen. I suggest to anyone to try this and see by himself it it works or not. I tried to be as much objective as i could and i hope that my review will help anyone who is searching for a joint support supplement.

Pros:
          Cons:
          • I Thought It Was A Life Saver But I Am Not So Sure Now
          • Almost Good Value
          • Helped With Old Injuries
          • Staple In My Stack
          • Nice Pills
          • Takes Time To Kick In
          • Staple In My Stack And I Don't Know For How Long
          • A Bit Overhyped
          • Pills Stuck At The Throat Some Times
          • Once You Stop The Use The Resutls Disappear

Posted August 27, 2013
          I always have at least 2 extra cans at home so when I run out I always have backups

Posted August 27, 2013
          i guess this is the way to have backup, as i also do.

Gkeezy

Animal Flex, should be renamed to Animal FIX

I will try to keep this review short and to the point.

Animal Flex is used for joint support and to fix those nagging pulled injuries many of us deal with due to over straining or going too heavy or sometimes dare I even say this.. not using proper form.

Ingredient: 8/10...
          I will try to keep this review short and to the point.

Ingredient: 8/10 - 44 packs per container.

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)100.00 mg 167%
          Vitamin E 100.00 mg 333%
          Zinc (as Zinc piccolinate) 15.00 mg 100%
          Selenium (as Sodium Selenite) 70.00 mcg 100%
          Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate)1.00 mg 50%
          Joint Construction Complex 3000.00 mg
          Glucosamine (as HCl sulfate KCl) Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
          Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA)
          Chondroitin Sulfate B (CSB)
          -----------------------------------------------
          Joint Lubrication Complex 1000.00 mg Flaxseed Oil (50% alpha linolenic acid) Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend Hyaluronic Acid
          Joint Support Complex 1000.00 mg
          Quercetin
          Bromelain **
          Ginger Root Extract (gingerols shogaols) Turmeric Extract (curcumin)
          Boswellia (boswellic acid)
          -----------------------------------------------
          The ingredients are pretty straight forward

Taste: 10/10 - Its easy to rate pills since they don't really have a taste. Its a lot of pills. But as we all know by other Animal Products, its always going to be a lot of pills. Because you get so many concentrations of minerals and nutrients you have to be used to taking in so many pills.

Effectiveness: 9/10 - I will gauge the effectiveness basically on how its worked for me. So first most I'd like to preface this by stating that I stacked this with Animal Pak and Stak, so I was already used to taking a ton of pills. I am okay with it now, because the effects are fantastic, so I just swallow whole and go about my day.

I will explain point by point how this helped me.

Joint Pain: 9/10 - Because I was also using Erase Pro I have been suffering from dry joints and pain. This product really helped lubricate my joints well. The pain did not instantly go away as some other people claim, but after about a week, it drastically got better.

Muscle Inflammation: 8/10 - Ive always had lowerback pain after a heavy deadlift day, and it just wont go away. I would use icy hot, I would jump into ice cold pools (Russian Polar Bear Club) but nothing would subside my pain. This however, did do that. The pain quickly dispersed. This was a good sign.

SIDES: 7/10 - The reason I am giving this a 7 is because if you take this on an empty stomach, the tumeric will probably give you an upset diarrhea like feeling. I learned that the hard way a few times, but never did that again. I always took this with a big meal and with Animal Pak and did not feel any adverse side effects.

VALUE: 8/10 - I always picked this up at my local GNC because its always on sale for like $28. This is a pretty damned good value for what you are getting.

OVERALL: 9/10 Def would recommend this for muscle/joint pain reducesage (if that's a word). Lets just be honest. It does what its intended to do. It reduces pain drastically. Don't get me wrong it does not eliminate the pain, but boy does it reduce it to where you are not feeling it anymore.

• Heartburn When Taken On An Empty Stomach

SlyDuo2081's Animal Flex Review

Animal Flex Review;

Animal Flex Review;

Taste) Everything is more or less in a capsule, some gels and others not... but overall I wasn't paying too much attention to the tastes or after tastes so if it didn't bother me in a noticeable way... then it's good to go! 9/10 just for the simple fact that it's didn't bother me.

Side Effects) Well some people aren't fond of supplements... so for those who aren't fond and don't like to take them- just a note to you... there's around 6 different supps. to swallow in each pack... anyways that didn't bother me and honestly as far as bad side effects there were none. But for the positive ones- I felt great! I took this for only 4 weeks, though I was running an 8 week cycle of Pink Magic and some other products, the first few weeks of PM were fine... but around the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th week I noticed I started to get dry joints which seems common to me in PH's. So I went with Animal Flex, this isn't my first time trying it... just my first time reviewing it, I've used Animal Flex previous times and continue to use it because IT WORKS. If you're pushing heavy weight, or struggling during crossfit because of joints and aches etc. you should consider this product- I recommend it for sure.

Other Supplements)
          1. Pink Magic
          2. D-Pol
          3. Jack3d
          4. Animal Flex
          5. Organ Shield
          6. MP Glutamine

Exercise) As stated before, this helps in pretty much every aspect. I enjoy heavy lifting, various types of cardio and LOVE crossfit routines... and you don't ever pay attention to your joints until they hurt... so when taking this (after the pain comes) if I don't feel any pain... I feel it's doing the job.

Other) I know some people don't like the amount of pills to take... but I feel like it's worth it. There are a few other joint supp. out there that help, but only to an extent... when Animal Flex is thrown into the stack, I'm worry free as far as joint pains- even in my wrist area which is my biggest, I have a weak right wrist and a previously injured left elbow which bothers me sometimes... and neither bother me while on this.

Thanks for reading my review, and if you're seriously thinking about this or trying to find the right supplement for aching joints or dry strained joints... this stuff is at the top of my list. Thanks again

Keeps me in Beast Mode

What's good SR. Animal Flex has been one of my favorite supps for joints that I've tried so far. Normally I just stacked the basics (Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, and recently Bromelain) but this package was able to offer a massive complex plus more, so I said eh why not give it a try. I've pushed through 4 cans already and just cracked open number 5. Lets get down to the specs.

Dosing/Profile-8
          Like I mentioned before, this is a massive complex for joint support that helps offer a multifaceted approach of coverage. It has all the old staples that I mentioned previously plus more. When I run Erase Pro (which is known for torture on joints) I had little problems if any at all. Obviously anyone who has taken anything from Universal before knows its a lot of pills so you know what you're getting into. I for one take mine with a thick protein shake along with breakfast which helps get them all down. Bottom line yeah that many pills sucks but get over it.

Value-8
          This is where things can get tricky. The prices vary between $20 and $40 depending on the site that you use. If you can catch GNC at the right time with Gold card you can get the BOGO and get two cans for like $50, but I've gotten it down to like $21 per can from Supplementwarehouse.com with like $5 shipping so you save a couple bucks. But members of this site should be nothing new to shopping around to find the best rate.

Taste- N/a
          They are just tasteless pills.

Effectiveness-9
          This is where it really shines for me. I was a big track fanatic in high school and did both heavy weight lifting then and into college. Working out 5 times a week can catch up to anyone along with sore tendons, clicking hips/knees, and so on. I for one have always had bad knee pain which was passed down from my father, but I didn't let me that stop me. Throwing Discus and Shot Put can add a lot of torque to a bad knee, so eventually my knees developed the frequent click. Once I started Animal Flex, things like that went away and I didn't hear the click or I wouldn't have the soreness in my triceps tendons after chest day anymore. Just to gauge the product and its effectiveness, I stopped after the first can to see if the problems would come back and like clock work, they did. So the next day I ordered more and it was shipped out quickly.

Overall-9
          In summary, this is one of the few products that I use on a daily basis and will most likely use until I find something even better. I've been meaning to try the USP Labs Super Cissus Rx because I would love to see how it compares. Maybe on the next pay check haha. Well that's all for me folks. Keep it real.

metalhead's Animal Flex Review

15 years of wielding heavy weights have taken a toll on my joints and tendons, you know what I'm talkng about...I have been suffering from knee pain (beginning arthrosis) and a golfer's elbow (epiconylitis), as well as a recurrent impingement syndrome in my shoulder. arthrosis is a degenerative problem, whereas the elbow and shoulder problems are inflammatory. These issues do not keep me from working out, but I had to adapt my training to prevent further damage. This is weher a good joint supplement comes into play. I have been taken Animal Flex along with fish oil caps.

Profile:

AF contains a "Joint Construction Complex" with glucosamine,MSM and chondroitin, a "Joint Lubrication Complex" with flaxseed oil, hyaloronic acid etc. and a "Joint Support Complex" with ginger, tumeric extract, boswellia, quercetin and bromelain. Whereas this looks impressive at first glance I think they could have left out most ingredients (see below)and thus cut the serving size and the price. Also, a proprietary blend is not appropriate, especially for a joint product where I want to be sure to get effective dosages.

It certainly alleviated my knee pain, which is a good thing. But it didn't do more than a regular joint product with glucosamine, MSM, chondoitin and this is my main point of criticism. It didn't help with my epiconylitis or shoulder pain. I think the whole "anti-inflammation" thing is just bogus. Not that I expected a miracle drug but some effect that made the product worthwile.

Let me explain this in detail: The idea is that the enzymes in bromelain help to "digest" the inflammed tissue. But, to be effective, if at all, you have to take several grams of it on an empty stomach. In Animal Flex this is part of a 1g blend so the dosage cannot be effective. Further, AF is supposed to be taken with food. When I took it on an empty stomach, I got severe heartburn because of the ginger extract. If you take digestive enzymes with food, these enzymes aid with the digestion of protein but do nothing to reduce your inflammation.

This was just to exemplify that the list of ingredients looks great, but some substances are either ineffective or underdosed. The 1g of the "Joint Lubrication Complex" can't be sufficient, either and could have been left out or replaced with an apporpriate dose of fish oil. The vitamins won't hurt but are not necessary.

Value/Conclusion: Don't get me wrong, Animal Flex is not a bad product. But what you get is only a beefed up glucosamine, condroitine MSM product, probably the only ingredients in AF that are dosed appropriately and produce the desired effects. You can get the same effect with a regular joint product which costs less and requires only one or two pills a day.

If you can get a good bargain an don't mind the number of pills you have to take, more power to you.

Pros:
            Cons:
            • Useful For Arthrosis
            • Prevents Stress On Joints
            • Some Ingredients Probably Underdosed
            • Heartburn When Taken On An Empty Stomach
            • Too Many Pills
            • Better Options
            • Price

Posted November 12, 2011
            Hi there!
            Great review!
            I'm looking for an effective joint-support supplement and was thinking about buying AnimalFlex, but after reading your post I've decided to ask you what better joint-support you could advice me?
            Thank you for that in advance! (from Hungary)

Posted November 12, 2011
            Just try Dymatize Joint Tech or any other over the counter glucosamine-chondoitine supplement (1000-1500mg glucosamine/day) as an alternative