Animal Flex Reviews

By: Universal

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #1 of 19 (better than 100%) in
Health & Wellbeing > Joint Support

Animal Flex is a Joint Support Product manufactured by Universal. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.
INGREDIENTS (20)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
1500mg

Natural sugar found in and around the fluid and tissues that cushion the joints often added to supplements to improve joint health and recovery.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
2000mg

Compound known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that may improve joint health

COMPARE SIMILAR

Isuma
  November 16, 2015

----Introduction----

Long time lifter here. I've written my background in a few other places so I'll try to keep this to the facts that affect this product. My knees have been bad since day one. We (we being me and my parents whom are both registered nurses) believe I injured them back during my early track days resulting in the ligaments not quite tracking right. This causes a great deal of irritation and grinding during heavy lifts (squats are accompanied by snap, crackles and pops). To add insult to injury I never received instruction on proper form and lacked the knowledge to realize there even was such a thing. My sophomore year of college my bench finally hit that nice 200lbs mark...and my shoulder hit that not so nice "I give up" mark. Sharp pains and reduced strength in my shoulder kept me from doing bench for the next three years. I had to use dumbbells at canted angles. In hind sight it's something I should have had checked out by a professional but never got that far. I did find the Animal line up though! I was young and impressionable and those blasted ads in the magazine's sucked me right in. Thank God. Got my first can of Animal Flex probably seven years ago, took me about that many days to get hooked. I'm never going to stop taking this product.

----Ingredient Profile----

So where to start on this? Universal lists a lot of the ingredients in their supplements as "blends" which makes it difficult to know which ingredients are getting dosed how. The other thing is while this and a few other of their products are great stand alone products, they were all designed to work together for max effect so a lot of the time when you'd like to see more of something in one supplement you were supposed to get it in one of the others. I digress....

So Animal Flex!
You start off with some basics up there, Vitamin E, Zinc, Selenium and Magnesium. These are our catalysts for Flex, they facilitate cell growth and antioxidant usage. Along with this they set up numerous metabolic processes that promote healing (zinc especially).

Joint Construction Complex - We got our basics; Glucosamine and Chondroitin. These serve a couple different purposes. First they are both known to help slow the degeneration of cartilage and even rebuild some of it. Some anti-inflammatory properties exist, nothing huge but enough for some minor pain relief. In addition to this Chondroitin will help improve cartilage quality, give it a little more elasticity which helps a lot with movement comfort. Now my one problem with these two run of the mill ingredients is they're not regulated by the same FDA rules as a lot of others are. Quality and source are never guaranteed when you buy supplements containing this. If for no other reason this would keep me coming back to Flex, I trust Universal. Also in this blend is your Methylsulfonylmethane (say that five times fast and post the video here please), or better known and spoken as MSM. I LOVE seeing this in a joint supplement as I think it's a little too often overlooked and underrated. This is the Mack Daddy for the tendons and ligaments. There are few supplements out there that seem to REALLY help maintain and rebuild connective tissue and this is one of them. You're looking for a daily intake of about 1500mg of Glucosamine, 1000 of Chondroitin and 500mg of MSM. Now, this blend is dosed at 3000mg so it has the potential to be, well, damn near perfect. However since Universal doesn't see us mere mortals fit to gaze upon their super blend I cannot say that it's dosed well with any certainty.

Joint Lubrication Complex - Nice word, complex, so much better than "proprietary blend". Oh...wait....there's a Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend in the complex -_- .....Flaxeed oil, Cetyl Myristoleate, you know, cartilage lubrication. Both are used to treat for arthritis and both promote the formation of a joint "film", much like your Omega's. I am a little perplexed by the use of Hyaluronic Acid. I didn't know anything about it before hand and everything I find on it say's it's mainly for skin use.

Universal Nutrition Animal Flex Joint Support Complex - What the hell? Give it a longer name please! The long and short of this complex is it uses numerous herbs that contain anti-inflammatory properties that are safe for long term use (like a dumbed down ibuprofen). Some antioxidants in there as well.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Common theme with Animal Products: Open can, take pack out, down pack with meal. This is as easy as it gets, I love it! No taste issues...just don't bite down on the capsule...nasty nasty nasty.

----Effectiveness----

This is one of those supplements that you don't realize just how much it is doing for you until you stop taking it. This is my story. I've been taking Animal Flex for seven years straight. This isn't a miracle pill, you're not going to finish a can and suddenly find your torn shoulder or busted knee are fixed. If that's what you're looking for you need a doctor not a pill. However since you read my story in the introduction let me tell you how it evolved after seven years. My shoulder pain is gone, my knees no longer swell and lock, squats don't have the crackle and pops. It took years. When I stop taking this, whether I'm trying a different supplement or my bank account dropped lower than it should, the pain and pops slowly make a comeback but never at the same level. This tells me the Animal Flex at least is slowly healing things as well as maintaining them. Animal Flex also helps with day to day life. My joints don't get tired from standing at work all day. I can squat and deadlift and not be super sore the next day. My neck doesn't creak as much and the arthritis in my hands doesn't hurt as much.

----Value----

What's that? $23.00 for a can of 44 packs? Cannot go wrong here.

----Side Effects----

Do NOT take these on an empty stomach. I know it says you can, I'm tell you you can't. Heart burn is a serious issue with that.

----Conclusion----

This is the best money I've ever spent. I never willingly give this up anymore. I don't bother trying other supplements any more. Animal Flex has me hooked. Between this and Animal Pak I may be shelling out a college loans worth every month, but it's worth every penny. I couldn't recommend this more.
  • Life Saver
  • Convenient Dosage
    krystian
      September 30, 2015

Hey SR Community!

It's been a while since I posted a review and this is the first of two (both are related, hence the timing). First, let me give a little relevant info on myself: 43, 5' 9", 172lbs, workout 5-6 times a week, fairly clean diet Monday to Friday, a sort of split cheat [Saturday I eat whatever I want in terms of food like pizza/pasta/burgers/fries/etc., Sunday I can eat sugary snacks/pastries/chocolate/etc) - but never both of these on the same day], I eat 7 small meals a day, macros are at 40c/30p/30f (approx.), less than ideal sleep/recovery, present goals=add mass, get stronger.

As some of you may remember, I discovered this site a little over 3 years ago and made a commitment to reclaiming my youthful vigor by dedicating myself to a healthy and fit lifestyle. Along the way there have been mistakes (diet and exercise related, never anything serious like injuries, etc.) and I think that I have made solid and steady progress towards my ever changing goals. While I don't do PRs, I have seen those weights stack more and more on the bar, and I'm no longer intimidated by dumbbells over 25lbs - lol. My Bodyfat % is also around 11 and the 172lbs I now carry look way better on me than the 175/6 chubby lbs I had those 3 years ago. Everyone at my gym thinks I weigh more/am bigger and I was also invited to join the Gym's competition team for a bodybuilding competition by the trainers - I'm not there yet and declined but, I truly appreciated the offer.

My supplement staples during this year are: orange triad, fish oil, flaxseed oil, cla, lecithin, vitamin c, creatine, whey, casein, bcaa intra workout. I am trying a new PWO, the Metabolic Nutrition ESP (which I really like), but not done yet will post review once I am.

My food staples during this year, m-f, are: oatmeal, 2 cups coffee w/brown sugar (2 teaspoons per cup), 2-3 boiled eggs, raw almonds, raw cashews, dried cranberries, chicken breast, tuna, couple slices of freshly baked multi-grain bread (with no milk, sugar, yeast, and made primarily from flax, pumpkin, barley, wheat, cassava, and a few other nice ingredients I can't remember; it's a small loaf and only lasts 5 days - both in terms of portion and freshness - so I buy it each week at the bakery), frozen veggies which I heat in olive oil, and milk. I usually drink water with my lunch but, sometimes I drink juice (I know it's only sugar!).

So, previously I was trying to cut fat/lose chubbiness/build muscle and I was doing that for a long time - with decent results. But, I was getting burnt out mentally because I wanted to lift heavy. So, I decided to kick that to the curb and go heavy, eat more (but eat good), and see what happened. Well, I think it has worked for me because over the past 9 months I have put on 6lbs of mostly muscle while maintaining the same waist and also dropping a little fat along my overall mid-section.

Now about this review: Animal Flex. What does this supplement have to do with what I've just shared? Joint Pain. Lots of Joint Pain. Never dealt with this before and it was the kind of thing that literally was killing my workouts. I would go heavy Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and by Thursday I was in constant pain.

Heavy for me means, for example, 5-6 sets of flat bench going up to (2 plates + 10lbs) x 2 + the bar for 4 reps on my last set; my spotter usually helps me complete the last two sets; on back squats I do 7-8 sets working up to (2 plates + 25lbs) x 2 + the bar to parallel and 6 reps on my last two sets; on deadlifts I do 4 sets starting at (2 plates) going up to (2 plates + 25lbs) x 2 + the bar and then Rack Pulls right after, 3 sets, up to (3 plates + 10lbs) x 2 + the bar, and I squeeze 2 reps on that last weight.

So, by mid-week I couldn't work my triceps properly as my elbows ached, my wrists hurt, and my knees constantly ached and got stiff while sitting. Plus, I like to work out 6 days a week, and couldn't get anything going on the last two days. So, I decided to get the Animal Flex in the hope that it would help.

----Ingredient Profile----

Animal Flex has four (4) groups of ingredients:

(1) Vitamin/mineral blend: vit c, e, zinc, selenium, manganese
    (2) Joint Construction Complex: glucosamine, msm, chondroitin sulfate A and C - 3000mg
    (3) Joint Lubrication Complex: flaxseed oil, cetyl myristoleate propriety blend, hyaluronic acid - 1000mg
    (4) Joint Support Complex: ginger root, turmeric root, boswellia, quercetin, bromelain - 1000mg

These ingredients are combined into eight (8) pills which come in a packet. There are 44 packets. All of the ingredients are fairly well known and easy to find information on - information which suggests that this combination is good and should impact your joints in a positive way. Of course, I was already getting some of these from the Orange Triad and I was taking Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil. But, I thought getting extra amounts of some ingredients shouldn't hurt.

As for the dosage, it looks about right; although bioperine is not present, and that may help absorption.

I basically took one packet a day, with lunch. And, I went through 2 cans. So basically 3 months. Something I always mention: I make small changes to what I do and I take my time before making other changes, so I can really figure out if something is working for me or not. In this case, unfortunately there was not much difference at all over the 3 months in terms of the pain/discomfort I was experiencing. I continued with the extra can because I wanted to be sure.

So, the intensity of the pain went down slightly. But, I can say the one thing it did help with was the pain subsided faster. Instead of feeling pain throughout the week (meaning up to Saturday/Sunday), I felt that by Friday the pain was tolerable but, to different degrees:

For Elbows - Thursdays I could hit triceps with a little soreness. Before I would have to wait till Friday.
    For Knees - Wednesdays I could squat heavy, Saturdays I could squat light, and be ready for heavy squats again on Wednesdays. Before I would have to avoid squats on Saturdays or I wouldn't be able to go heavy the following Wednesday as the soreness would be pain that lingered.
    For Wrist - There wasn't any change.

There were no side effects.

In terms of value. I got it for 25 bucks and I think for what is a month and a half supply, basically, that is a good deal - if you are not already getting these ingredients in any other supplement you are taking.

So, not really the result I had hoped for, and that makes it hard for me to recommend it. I think it's more situational based on what other supps you are taking.

Of course, I looked for something else to try and that led me to the USP Labs Super Cissus, which I'll post a review on next.
    • A Bit Overhyped
    VonBoom
      February 6, 2014

The one thing I've consistently struggled with, as I've moved to lifting heavier weights in my 40s, is joint discomfort. My wrists, shoulders, knees...you name it. If I do heavy lifts (particularly compound lifts), I feel it before, during and after. Because I was starting to kick my training into higher gear this past year, I started taking Animal Flex to try to combat the aches.

Here's a quick look at the profile:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 100mg
    Vitamin E 100mg
    Zinc (as Zinc piccolinate) 15mg
    Selenium (as Sodium Selenite) 70mcg
    Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate) 1mg
    Joint Construction Complex 3000mg
    Glucosamine (as HCl sulfate KCl)
    Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
    Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA)
    Chondroitin Sulfate B (CSB)
    Joint Lubrication Complex 1000mg
    Flaxseed Oil (50% alpha linolenic acid)
    Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend
    Hyaluronic Acid
    Joint Support Complex 1000mg
    Quercetin
    Bromelain **
    Ginger Root Extract (gingerols shogaols)
    Turmeric Extract (curcumin)
    Boswellia (boswellic acid)

I've used three tubs of Animal Flex now and am definitely dealing with fewer joint issues than before. And I'm lifting heavier weights than I was several months ago, too. So, I'm definitely seeing results. But it's not a cure-all. I still get aches in my right shoulder and my wrists. The difference, with my shoulder at least, is that it's not constant. I'll have soreness directly after the workout, sometimes for the remainder of the day. But it doesn't hold me back when I return to the gym a day later. That's a marked improvement. There were times last summer where I would have to change my workout rotation because my shoulder or hip was still aching from a workout several days before. I haven't had that happen for a while now.

Taste: n/a
    Just a pile of caps.

Dosage: 8/10
    People complain about the number of pills in these things (8 per pack), but it all comes in a convenient little bag to be taken one time a day, either on an empty stomach or with food.

Sides: 10/10
    I've heard others complain about digestive issues. I've had none. No complaints.

If you can catch a special, you can get a can of 44 servings (one per day) for under $25. That's less than $.60/day. Not bad at all.

Summary:
    Animal Flex is a solid product for joint issues. It's not going to make all your troubles go away, but the profile is one of the most complete and well-rounded on the market and will definitely help you heal up for your next workout.
    • Relieves Joint Pain
    • Convenient Dosage
    • No Sides
      konstantinos
        August 27, 2013

Universal's Animal Flex Joint Support Supplement.
      ---------------------------------------------------

This supplement it is supposed to heal the body from injuries, to smooth internal joints, to increase the rate recovery and it also has a combination of vitamins and electrolytes to protect ligaments and tissues! Everything is cool! Don't you agree?

I am using this product since i injured the tendons of my shoulders. It is a real fact, that once it happens to have tendinitis, you will have it for the rest of your life, maybe, not in the same intensity if you do physiotherapies but you will still have it. I was incredibly sad when i injured my shoulders and i was searching like a maniac at the net to find a "cure" from people who had experienced the same problem! I was reading reaviews at this site about this supplement and it seemed to be very reliable.
      I was reading that guys were noticing immediately changes after one day or one-two weeks and i wanted to believe that this supplement will do what it is supposed to do even if it takes more time. Crazy??? So i ordered my first joint support supplement!

Along with this product i was also taking On's Gold Standard Whey, Reflex Nutrition's Bcaa and later USP Labs Pink Magic. I am in th 3rd box of this supplement so i think that i have a clear view of this product.

Effectiveness: 7
      Before i start i have to say that i was doing physiotherapies for 3 weeks and after this i started animal flex. I will explain you later why i am saying this. I was off the gym for more than a month. I began again training and also using animal flex. For almost 1 and a half month i was working out like a woman, with the pink dumbells, cause the soreness at my joints was intense and it needs some time recover!!! I dint notice anything until the 4th weeκ. Basically i was more sure about the effectiveness when i finished my first box and had a break between the second box. At the end of the first box i was noticing that the pain at my joints was starting slightly to reduce. I was feeling that this supplement was strating to working. Unfortunately a couple of days later the extinct pain returned and i realized by my self that this supplement will work as long as you use it and no more! Now i am at my 3rd box and i can say that it has helped me, especially when i am working out my shoulders and my triceps, but not so much at my chest. When i got inured i couldn't workout neither my arms, nor my shoulders, nor my chest. Now i am more satisfied about my arms and shoulders workouts, but i am worried about my chest workouts :( . I also have crack at my ankles since i was a young child and i was hoping that this supplement will help me with this but it didn't do so much. Now the bad news are that this supplement didn't manage to stand up against USP Labs Pink MAgic. During my PM cycle especially when it started to kick in, i started feeling again soreness in my shoulder joints. I know PM dried my body out of water, but for this reason i was using Animal Flex to lubricate my joints and to have no problem! I also have to mention that i always drink a lot of water. As long as my PM cycle lasted the soreness was more intense and i am not happy about this.

Side Effects: 7
      Many guys maybe dont like the smell of theese pills but i really like it when i open the container! Some times i was taking the pills on an empty stomach and other times i was taking them with food. Some times theese pills were stucking to my throat and i had a bad aftertaste when i was burping. I also was experiencing this nasty aftertaste even if i had swallowed them properly some times. Finally i didn't like the burning feeling at my throat when it was happening to stuck.

Dosage: 8
      I have no problem taking a bunch of pills but i dont like when they stuck into my throat.

Value: 7
      I am buying this product for 30 euros here in Hellas and it keeps me for 44 days. I Am a little confused about the value of this product because even though it works you must pay 30 euros every 44 days and this is a bad ass subscription.

Overall: 7
      In conclusion i have to say that this is an overhyped supplement which doesn't do miracles but it finally works even if it is not so potent and you are able to see results as long as you take it and no more!!! If i hadn't done physiotherapies this supplement wouldn't be enough to help me with my injuries. To be more specific physiotherapies helped me a 60-70% and the supplement a 30-40%. I guess that i will have a break after my 3rd container to see again what will happen. I suggest to anyone to try this and see by himself it it works or not. I tried to be as much objective as i could and i hope that my review will help anyone who is searching for a joint support supplement.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Helped With Old Injuries
      • Staple In My Stack
      • Nice Pills
      • I Thought It Was A Life Saver But I Am Not So Sure Now
      • Almost Good Value
      • Takes Time To Kick In
      • Staple In My Stack And I Don't Know For How Long
      • A Bit Overhyped
      • Pills Stuck At The Throat Some Times
      • Once You Stop The Use The Resutls Disappear
      Gkeezy
        June 24, 2013

I will try to keep this review short and to the point.

Animal Flex is used for joint support and to fix those nagging pulled injuries many of us deal with due to over straining or going too heavy or sometimes dare I even say this.. not using proper form.

Ingredient: 8/10 - 44 packs per container.

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)100.00 mg 167%
      Vitamin E 100.00 mg 333%
      Zinc (as Zinc piccolinate) 15.00 mg 100%
      Selenium (as Sodium Selenite) 70.00 mcg 100%
      Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate)1.00 mg 50%
      Joint Construction Complex 3000.00 mg
      Glucosamine (as HCl sulfate KCl) Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
      Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA)
      Chondroitin Sulfate B (CSB)
      -----------------------------------------------
      Joint Lubrication Complex 1000.00 mg Flaxseed Oil (50% alpha linolenic acid) Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend Hyaluronic Acid
      Joint Support Complex 1000.00 mg
      Quercetin
      Bromelain **
      Ginger Root Extract (gingerols shogaols) Turmeric Extract (curcumin)
      Boswellia (boswellic acid)
      -----------------------------------------------
      The ingredients are pretty straight forward

Taste: 10/10 - Its easy to rate pills since they don't really have a taste. Its a lot of pills. But as we all know by other Animal Products, its always going to be a lot of pills. Because you get so many concentrations of minerals and nutrients you have to be used to taking in so many pills.

Effectiveness: 9/10 - I will gauge the effectiveness basically on how its worked for me. So first most I'd like to preface this by stating that I stacked this with Animal Pak and Stak, so I was already used to taking a ton of pills. I am okay with it now, because the effects are fantastic, so I just swallow whole and go about my day.

I will explain point by point how this helped me.

Joint Pain: 9/10 - Because I was also using Erase Pro I have been suffering from dry joints and pain. This product really helped lubricate my joints well. The pain did not instantly go away as some other people claim, but after about a week, it drastically got better.

Muscle Inflammation: 8/10 - Ive always had lowerback pain after a heavy deadlift day, and it just wont go away. I would use icy hot, I would jump into ice cold pools (Russian Polar Bear Club) but nothing would subside my pain. This however, did do that. The pain quickly dispersed. This was a good sign.

SIDES: 7/10 - The reason I am giving this a 7 is because if you take this on an empty stomach, the tumeric will probably give you an upset diarrhea like feeling. I learned that the hard way a few times, but never did that again. I always took this with a big meal and with Animal Pak and did not feel any adverse side effects.

VALUE: 8/10 - I always picked this up at my local GNC because its always on sale for like $28. This is a pretty damned good value for what you are getting.

OVERALL: 9/10 Def would recommend this for muscle/joint pain reducesage (if that's a word). Lets just be honest. It does what its intended to do. It reduces pain drastically. Don't get me wrong it does not eliminate the pain, but boy does it reduce it to where you are not feeling it anymore.
      • Heartburn When Taken On An Empty Stomach
      locospider09
        June 9, 2013

What's good SR. Animal Flex has been one of my favorite supps for joints that I've tried so far. Normally I just stacked the basics (Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, and recently Bromelain) but this package was able to offer a massive complex plus more, so I said eh why not give it a try. I've pushed through 4 cans already and just cracked open number 5. Lets get down to the specs.

Dosing/Profile-8
      Like I mentioned before, this is a massive complex for joint support that helps offer a multifaceted approach of coverage. It has all the old staples that I mentioned previously plus more. When I run Erase Pro (which is known for torture on joints) I had little problems if any at all. Obviously anyone who has taken anything from Universal before knows its a lot of pills so you know what you're getting into. I for one take mine with a thick protein shake along with breakfast which helps get them all down. Bottom line yeah that many pills sucks but get over it.

Value-8
      This is where things can get tricky. The prices vary between $20 and $40 depending on the site that you use. If you can catch GNC at the right time with Gold card you can get the BOGO and get two cans for like $50, but I've gotten it down to like $21 per can from Supplementwarehouse.com with like $5 shipping so you save a couple bucks. But members of this site should be nothing new to shopping around to find the best rate.

Taste- N/a
      They are just tasteless pills.

Effectiveness-9
      This is where it really shines for me. I was a big track fanatic in high school and did both heavy weight lifting then and into college. Working out 5 times a week can catch up to anyone along with sore tendons, clicking hips/knees, and so on. I for one have always had bad knee pain which was passed down from my father, but I didn't let me that stop me. Throwing Discus and Shot Put can add a lot of torque to a bad knee, so eventually my knees developed the frequent click. Once I started Animal Flex, things like that went away and I didn't hear the click or I wouldn't have the soreness in my triceps tendons after chest day anymore. Just to gauge the product and its effectiveness, I stopped after the first can to see if the problems would come back and like clock work, they did. So the next day I ordered more and it was shipped out quickly.

Overall-9
      In summary, this is one of the few products that I use on a daily basis and will most likely use until I find something even better. I've been meaning to try the USP Labs Super Cissus Rx because I would love to see how it compares. Maybe on the next pay check haha. Well that's all for me folks. Keep it real.
        shawnf24
          May 5, 2013

This product did absolutely nothing to even remotely soothe my sore joints, specifically mt knees and elbows. I bought two containers and have finished one. The other is going in the garbage. On top of that I just read that they use shark cartilage in the product. The owners of Universal probably club baby seals just for kicks on their days off. My bad for not reading the ingredients first but this takes the cake.

Had the product worked I may have continued to take the second container unknowing this fact but now that I have found out this disgraceful information I will no longer use any of this companies products. Buyer beware. I do take some of the blame for not reading the ingredients first. Good riddance Universal.

On a positive note, no more 11 capsule packs twice a day of Animal Pack. Again, good riddance.
         Pros:
         Cons:
          • Too Many Pills
          • Better Options
          • Heartburn When Taken On An Empty Stomach
          • Contains Shark Cartilage
          SpartanKing7
            April 29, 2013

If you have ever been thrown in an arm bar 5 days a week, done iron crosses, back levers, planches, or ran miles a week, you know what joint pain is. But you don't have to be highly active to relate to my pain. Every day life can cause enough wear and tear to cause a person discomfort. I had an older gentleman who used to be a power lifter in the age of Arnold's (good) movie making days, and I'm always up for trying something that universal makes. Here is my experience:

-Ingredient profile: 9/10
          Chondroitin Sulfate C (CSC) **
          Joint Lubrication Complex 1000mg
          Flaxseed Oil (50% Alpha Linolenic Acid) **
          Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend
          (Cetyl Myristoleaste**, Cetyl Myristate**, Cetyl Palmitate**, Cetyl Laurate**, Cetyl Palmitoleate**, Cetyl Oleate**)
          Hyaluronic Acid **
          Joint Support Complex 1000mg
          Ginger Root Extract (Gingerols, Shogaols) **
          Turmeric Root (Curcumin) **
          Boswellia (Resin) (Boswellic Acid) **
          Quercetin **
          Bromelain **
          * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

-Taste: N/A
          They are pills, taste really just runs off what they smell like in a residual olfactory response upon the moment of swallowing them, and I've never smelled a pill that was worthy of making a Yankee candle out of it. These are horse pills though, so some people may have a hard time swallowing them.

-Effectiveness: 9/10
          I have gone through 2 containers at the rate of 1 packet per day, and noticed results around packet number 21, or 3 weeks of use. I feel that it helped with lubrication of joints, as well as support for my foundation at the tendon and ligament level. These results consisted of less joint inflammation after rough sparring sessions and brutal submission attempts. My elbows felt less of a dull pain, my left knee didn't have the low grade pain associated with running or shooting for takedowns, and most importantly, my neck needed to be cracked less often to relieve the gaseous pressure that builds up from using your head to control an opponent on the ground. This effect only continued to maintain though, and it is not something that will cure arthritis, but it will offer mild relief I common ailments. This alone is worth the price, as opposed to spending money on doctors visits and ibuprofen, which causes stomach issues with many users.

-Value: 9/10
          Cost on bodybuilding.com right now is about 28 dollars plus tax. Compared to the cost of other types of joint support supplements which can exceed 50 dollars with debatable results and quality, I have few problems giving up around 30 dollars for 44 days worth of decreased joint, tendon and ligament problems from a reputable company such as Universal, especially with their "iron clad guarantee" policy.

-Overall: 9/10
          This product works. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it works. It's not a placebo effect, that's for sure, my results were measured in my ability to not move like I have arthritis following rigorous activity as compared to before I tried the supplement. This is not a cure all, and if you're not drinking sufficient fluid and taking basic precautions in your nutrition (don't starve yourself and jack up your body, etc.) then nothing will help you because you're just going to deplete your body's ability to help itself. I would recommend this product, and I actually urge athletes in sports such as MMA, parkour and running to take it. Later.
          • Life Saver
          aso10a
            November 29, 2012

Here is a little bit of background information about me. During my junior year of high school, I started to feel pain and soreness in both of my shoulders due to genetics. During the summer before my senior year of high school, I tore the patella tendon in my right knee due to tendonitis. During the first semester of my freshman year of college, I tore the ACL and Meniscus in my left knee.

I had never taken joint supplements before until these injuries had occurred. So I did some research and came across Animal Flex. It was one of the best decisions I have made in my life. About a week after starting AF, I started to notice pain relief and a decrease in the still-existing tendonitis inflammation. I also gained a little bit of flexibility and range of motion back in my joints. After 2-4 weeks of use, around 75%-90% of my daily joint and tendonitis pain disappeared.

Although there are 8 pills to take every day, I can tolerate it for the pain relief it gives me. That is the only con that may bother other people that I have come across with AF.

Overall, I think that Animal Flex is a great joint supplement and should be taken into consideration by anyone out there needing joint supplements.

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Helped With Old Injuries
          • Almost No Joint Pain Anymore!
          • Prevents Stress On Joints
          • Too Many Pills
          wolfpilp
          Rep: -2
            October 31, 2012

Sorry about he long read,it all comes down to the supplement.
          I had tendonitis/tendonosis in my bicep tendon.I used ice,inflammatory prescripted drugs and many other things over the time.
          The whole problem lasted 6-7 months and there was a point i felt hopeless about it.I dont really know in which degree Flex helped me but i am sure it played its role.
          I finally solved the problem when i started doing 3 things :
          1)Using massage instead of ice in the problem area,
          2)started trainning the problem area
          3)started using animal flex

Efectiveness 9/10:Absolutely great effectiveness for me.About 7 days after started using it kicked in.

Taste/Pills 8/10:No taste.I dont have a problem with pills,call me crazy but i like pills alot.The make me feel like beg Ron!

Value 8/10:I think its kinda expensive but not over-priced.I got exactly what i paid for.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Helped With Old Injuries
          • If I Could Give This A 20 I Would
          • Almost No Joint Pain Anymore!
          • Prevents Stress On Joints
          • Nice Pills

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.