Animal Cuts Reviews

By: Universal

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #34 of 91 (better than 63%) in
Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Animal Cuts is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Universal. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (69)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
MIN. EFF. DOSE
75mg
CATEGORY AVG
156mg

Powdered form of caffeine that has 99% of the water removed and exhibits all the same benefits as standard caffeine: increases alertness, mood, and exercise performance.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Compound high in caffeine, typically used as a stimulant in fat burners and pre workouts, that also aids digestion, suppresses appetite, and improves focus.

COMPARE SIMILAR

Bulldog42
  April 1, 2016

----Introduction----
Being my first post, here is my introduction. Found out about SR just by doing personal research on some other supplements I was looking at trying and came across the site. I'm writing this review because it really is a product that exceeded my expectations since I haven't had much luck with fat burners in the past honestly. Currently I am trying to cut in order to get to a lower body fat percentage in order to have a cleaner bulk next time. I have been lifting seriously for about four years. The main emphasis is on strength, but with some respectable physique. So kind of the PL/BB hybrid. I plan on reviewing some more of the Universal brand Animal products along with a few others that I have tried recently and really liked.

----Ingredient Profile----
As one can see from the ingredient label on almost any of the animal supplement packs, they are not shy of packing tons of different ingredients in the supplement. I was leery of this at first just because I had never taken any supplement with so many ingredients, being foreign to my knowledge especially. After doing some personal research on some of the ingredients and using it, it seems like a solid ingredient profile. That is to say I am no scientist or anything though.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Of course taste and mixability are not relevant in this case, but the dosing I feel is spot on. I tried experimenting with a single packet because of the recommendation of a friend who had taken it before me. Wasn't getting much effect with a single pack so I bumped it up to the two packs as recommended. Definitely made a lot of difference. Unless you already loose fat easily or are of very small stature, I would definitely recommend going with the two packs a day. three would just seem completely too much and wouldn't recommend it at all really.

----Effectiveness----
This has definitely been the most effective fat burner I have taken thus far. With each cycle, paired with a fairly good caloric deficit carb cycle for cutting fat, have given me approximately a solid 5 pound drop in body fat by the end of each cycle. This has been tested with body composition scanners and other measurement methods to ensure accuracy also. There's definitely an energy boost too with each pack. This isn't in the form of jitters or anything crazy, but a smooth perk. Somewhat like coffee seems to do, for me at least. I was also stacking this with Animal M-Stak, which has produced the best cutting results I have had thus far. The M-Stak has actually helped me put on a small amount of muscle mass instead of loosing it, again tested with the body scanner. all tests have been done under the same circumstances, food previously, and timing of the day and done at four week intervals for measuring progress as I have gone through my cut. This was stacked with standard whey and creatine also and pre-workout. As far as workouts, it was a four lifting days in an upper/lower split style.

----Value----
Although not overly priced by any means really, it can seem so when you go to stack it with other supplements or your usual year round ones. Overall a fairly good value in regards to other fat burners. Definitely wouldn't mind paying the price again.

----Side Effects----
I was hesitant to start this supplement after hearing many of the different side effects others were having. I can say that I have had no issues with increased bowel problems, sickness, headaches, or bad crashing. Only negative side effect was hot flashes every now and then, but nothing too bad really. The product definitely does give an energy boost though. I replaced my morning coffee with this pack because of the amount of caffeine in it, and it definitely woke me up just as good if not better than my usual coffee. One other effect, that doesn't seem too negative to me at least is the increase in thirst. The cuts definitely made me more thirsty and almost dry mouthed sometimes. This made getting my water in for the day and even beyond that usually. Most days making it easy to go over a gallon and a half to two a day on a few days. Of course with this comes the increase in bathroom use, but that minor to me especially considering how well the product has personally worked.

----Conclusion----
With negligible side effects and a fairly good price point, I can find too many faults with Animal Cuts. It definitely exceeded expectations and has been the best fat burner to date that i have used. Definitely will be running another cycle of it soon and buying again. Well worth it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Alot Of Energy
  • Paks Are Convienent
  • Loss Of Fat
  • Good Amount Of Sweat
  • Occasional Hot Flashes
  • Weird Tasting Burps
Nony
  June 23, 2013

At the end of my bulking phase I realised I have to cut a little bit too much because my task was to see my abs in 11 weeks starting from 23% bodyfat!
I usualy don't like fatburners and the jitters so I had to follow a hard diet plan (10calories per 1 pound of lean mass), drop sets and 1hour of moderate cardio daily.
Going through the 7th week I decided to use the help of a fat burner.

After some research I decided to go with animal cuts because the daily stims dosage is about 400mg so It might be ok for me.
When I first read the reviews on this site I was a bit disappointed because it rates low but I trust universal anyway and decided to give it a go.

Usage:
1 pack upon wakind and another one 4-6 hours on empty stomach.

Taste:
When I first opened the can I immediately smelled a mixture of natural herbs and it was good.
The aftertaste was also good and the pills (9 pills) are easy to swallow.

Side effects: 8/10 (10 means no sides)
The first week I felt mild stomach cramps (nothing serious) 15 minutes after consumption but they completely vanish after the meal.
Dizziness when I stand suddenly and this may be a sign of blood
pressure drop.

I have not changed anything in my routine before and with animal cuts.

Before:
I wont mention anything about first two weeks because I was dropping weight fast mostly water.
3rd to 5th weeks my weight drop average was 2.2 pounds a week.
6th and 7th the rate dropped to 2 pounds and this is normal because the more you drop weight the more bmr drops and you need less effort to move your body so the same period of cardio will burn less fat.

Using animal cuts:
I was surprised to see my rate jumping to 2.4 pounds per week
When it should be decreasing.
Thermogenic effects can be felt! I was sweating like hell in the gym and felt my skin was on fire!
I noticed some decreased appetite but that is not a plus for me because I don't cheat anyway.
The only reason I don't give this a 10 for effectiveness is the unaffected energy (nothing to mention) when it is needed most on a caloric deficit.
I felt my muscle were harder and I can attribute this to the diuretics.

This product is not cheap but it is cheaper than buying a fat burner and diuretic compound at the same time
It hits fat burning in 4 aspects and I really think u get what you are paying for

NB: now I really can tell why it rates low on this site!
People underestimate diuretics and don't drink sufficiently.
Most of the sides effects are directly related to dehydration (headaches, weakness, dry mouth...)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Paks Are Convienent
  • Good Amount Of Sweat
    LVNTcut
      October 29, 2012

I was already in good shape when I got on this. I wanted to see how cut I could get. I only did one cycle, and to be honest, I did see a difference, but nothing drastic. Granted, I was already defined everywhere so that may have also played a factor.

Taste 3/10
    The taste of the pills and the burps afterwards are seriously terrible. I dreaded taking the pills just because of the taste and the burps that followed, literally every day for 3 weeks straight.

Price 5/10
    For me it was just a bit too pricy for a 3 week cycle. I mean it's not terrible but I would have expected better results.

Effectiveness 7/10
    Like I said, I did see a little more cut after the 3 week cycle, but nothing drastic. And that may be because I was already pretty cut. I did sweat but nothing major, and I was drinking about 1-2 gallons of water a day. I got minor headaches, but my friend did get bad headaches so he stopped taking it because of the headaches. I didn't feel much of a rush or any added energy or anything.

Overall 7/10
    It was decent. It probably would work a lot better for someone that is trying to drop weight...they would see probably more drastic results. The taste is seriously nasty though. I most likely won't get back on it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • More Definition
    • Loss Of Fat
    • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
    • Price
    • Nasty Burps
    Joshuaco
      July 2, 2012

I would like to start off by saying that this was the first Animal product that I had ever tried and I was very excited to get it started.

Background information for the review: When I started I was about a month and half out from competition, with the diet in check including high protein, low carbs, and medium healthy fats. My starting weight was 191 pounds.

Ingredients: 6
    The one factor that some people like to see in the Animal products are the numerous ingredients included in each of the pills.I am not going to list each and every ingredient because there are far too many, most of which I have never heard before, but the main ones include:
    Thermogenic Complex (Red Pill – 750mg) – Caffeine (200mg), Guarana, Yerba Mate, Kola Nut.

Diuretic complex (Blue Pill - 800mg) – Dandelion & Uva Ursi.

Metabolic Complex (Unknown color – 750mg) - Green Tea extract & other tea extracts

Thyroid Complex (Unknown color – 350mg) – L-Tyrosine

Other pills include Nootropic Complex, Cortisol Inhibiting Complex, CCK Inhibiting complex and Bioavailability Complex,.

Some people said the 200mg pill of caffeine was too much for them but I did not notice any ill effect from it besides a bit of energy. In my opinion it seems like a bit too many under dosed ingredients and I would rather know how much of each ingredient I am taking in.

Dosing: 7
    the dosage to these packs is two paks per day. I would take one before breakfast and then one later throughout the day. Each pak contains 9 pills which is kind of a pain, but I was able to swallow all 9 in one big gulp somehow. These pills are much easier to swallow that those of frat pack in which I was taking at the same time.

Price: 7
    The price for the 21 day supply is normally around 28-30$ which is right around the correct price for that amount of thermogenics, but you do get a lot more included in this product.

Effect: 8
    after the full 21 days of using this product I was able to drop my weight to 186.5 pounds, which makes sense due to my diet and weight routines. I did notice more sweat that usual when I would take it on an empty stomach first thing and work out. The energy from the red pill was nothing special in my opinion, and taking two 200mg pills a day seemed like a lot of stims for me.

When I read a lot of the reviews before trying this product people said they would get sick, run to the toiler or have headaches or anxiety from the red pill but I did not have any ill advised effects like that. I also did not notice going to the bathroom anymore from the diuretic pill, but I was already drinking a lot of water to begin with.

In short my weight did decrease, my sweat increased by a bit and the energy was pretty normal. I did visibly lean out over these three weeks noticeably in my abs, but I was busting my butt in the gym and kitchen each and every day. Like any thermo be prepared to work hard if you want results, don't just rely on this product by itself to cut you up like an Animal.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Loss Of Weight
    • More Definition
    • Good Amount Of Sweat
    • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
    • Price
    215sw285
    Rep: 0
      June 15, 2012

Overview: This is a very interesting product, I used it in the summer of 2011 and got some pretty good results. However, there were some inconsistent and relatively bizarre side-effects at times that make me unlikely to use this product in the future.

Value 8/10: I paid $35 for a 3 weeks worth of cuts, which seems to be a pretty reasonable price. Considering the large amount of ingredients provided in every packet, this product seems to be a reasonable value.

Energy 9/10: This is definitely a stimulant heavy product. I have read on various forums about removing certain capsules to lessen the stims, but I took every capsule throughout the cycle. Energy was pretty much constant, and especially noticeable within the first hour of ingestion. Made cardio very manageable, and helped me to stay attentive throughout the day.

Thermogenic 8/10: I certainly experienced a raise in body temperature while using Animal Cuts. I spend a lot of time outside in the summer due to work, and I sweat a lot to begin with. Needless to say I was dripping bullets everyday, and was practically drenched during the first week of use.

Side Effects 5/10: This is where this product has its downfall. While I have lots of positive things to say about Cuts, the side effects make it unlikely to be a repeater. The most present side effect was headaches, which would often start as a light-headed feeling, before transcending to a dull pain. I also experienced some stomach discomfort, and at times nausea while exercising.

Results 7.5/10: As I stated earlier, I had some pretty good results with Cuts. I lost a decent amount of weight, the majority of which was body fat. However I was highly motivated at the time, and had begun dieting and doing cardio daily a few weeks before starting this product. Therefore I can't be precisely sure how much of my success to attribute to Animal Cuts. Without a doubt it helped, it's just a matter of to what degree.

Overall Recommendation: If you have used maximum doses of thermogenics and fat burners before without experiencing any uncomfortable side effects, this may be something you want to try. On the contrary, if you are a stimulant sensitive person, steer clear of Animal Cuts.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Loss Of Weight
    • More Definition
    • Alot Of Energy
    • Cheap
    • Mild Headaches
    • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
    • Almost Too Strong.
    • Nausea
    TMcelroyjr18
      June 22, 2011

I bought Animal Cuts hoping to lose that last bit of bodyfat so I could see my abs. This was my first ever fat burner and boy was that a mistake. This is what I think of this product.

Overview: Animal Cuts is a very strong product.It is definetly not for someone who is just starting to diet. My diet wasnt bad when I was taking cuts but I didnt know the basic structure for a fat loss diet.I was consuming the same amount of calories that I had before. So this didnt work that well for me.I only lost about 5 pounds in 3 wees.

Effectiveness: The thermogenic complex and diuretic complex is what you are going to notice the most when your taking cuts. Your going to sweat all day and feel lie you just ran a marathon in 120 degree weather when you train. Youve got to drink plenty of water for the diuretic to work and your going to be going to the restroom every thirty minutes.

If your not an exsperienced athlete, bodybuilder, ect. you dont need to take this product. Start off with some green tea or cla. and make sure you are lowering your calorie and carbohydrate intake.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Loss Of Weight
    • Sweating Alot
    • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
    • Almost Too Strong.
    welshy2snagg
      May 25, 2011

I was a bit nervous about trying cuts. I have tried other fat burners\thermogenics in the past and had realy bad side effects. Headaches, VERY heavy sweating,lack of energy in workouts, nausea and shakes have always been a problem for me on fatburners in the past. I came to cuts saying that this will be the last fatburner I try as I think I must be sensitive to them. I will start by saying I sufferd NO SIDE EFFECTS from this product. This was amax=zing to me considering I have with every simillar product. It could be that I was stricter with my water consumtion (5 litres minimum each day).
    What I found was instead was great results. During the 21 days I was using cuts I lost 9lbs. This was with a 2500 daily calorie intake and 3 HIIT cardio sessions a week. While some of this was water weight, I am convinced I did not lose 9lbs of water. It has been nearly a week since I stopped using cuts and have not regained a single lb.
    The other benefit I found was LOTS OF ENERGY during workouts. By the end I was running at full speed on the treadmill and having to increase the gradient a lot. This was a huge improvement on my previous cardio efforts.
    The only downside I found to cuts was the endless visiting of the toilet.I can hardly complain about that when I was taking a diuretic though!
    Overall a great product that I will definately use again in a few months before I go on holiday.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Loss Of Weight
    • More Definition
    • Alot Of Energy
    • Paks Are Convienent
    • Cardio Easier
      RDgulls
        May 12, 2011

Before starting this product i was 195lbs(just after waking) and 16% bf using calipers. I was looking for a product to help me get rid of that las little bit of fat and really bring out some definition. Having good experiences with Universal supps i decided to use Animal Cuts as opposed to OEP because it was more a blend of wieght loss techniques as opposed to just a thermogenic. I got this product for a good price online about $30

Effectiveness: solid product, as soon as i started warming up in the gym i would start sweating bullets. The energy i got from this product was great and would last throughout the day. The diuretic effect was definately obvious i was going to the br what felt like every hour. Also definatley felt more Motivated to do cardio

Dosing/other supps: I took one pak about 30 min after waking up and the other an hour after lunch(normaly aroud 1 to 2). The only other supps i took during this time was a multi vit and a protien shake after workouts

Diet: For 2 weeks completely cut carbs except what was in the protien shake and then gradually included whole grains back into my diet, ate clean foods the entire time, lean protiens, fruits, veggies, eating around 2500 cal a day. Water intake was 1.5 to 2 gal a day

Training: Switched to total body curcuit training 2 days a week and 1 upper and 1 lower workout seperatly so lifting was 4 days a week. All lifts were high rep low wieght about 50 to 60% of max. Cardio was 6 days a week, 3 of them being HIIT for 30 min and the other days just going at a steady pace

Sides: The major side i experienced was about 3/4 the way through the can my strength started to dip, it wasnt an energy problem i had plenty i was just noticeably weaker as i was finishing up the product, but this is sort of expected as you loose body mass. The only other side i experinced was burping when i first started the product but as soon as i upped my water intake and my body was hydrated this went away

End Results:
      5'11" 186lbs(morning) at 11% bf so a total of 9lbs lost and a 4% reduction in bf. For me this was great i have a build that makes it very hard for me to loose any wieght and for the first time my abs were showing and i was way more defined

Overall: Animal Cuts worked great for my wieght loss goals i felt all the effects it said it would deliver. I think on my next cut cycle i will try OEP just because of the great reviews ive seen but i still would recomend this product to anyone who is trying to cut out that last bit of fat.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Loss Of Weight
      • More Definition
      • Alot Of Energy
      • Feeling Of Fatigue
      • Feeling Of Weakness
      Tsunami2k
        April 29, 2011

Well I just completed my first all-natural cutting cycle, and I was using Animal Cuts during the whole thing.
      I've come to learn that Universal is a pretty well trusted company, but from what I've read, people say that they just don't put enough ingredients, making it not such a bang for the buck.
      The first day I took the pack, the infamous red pill got me real bad. I had bad anxiety, and felt like ***. I only took one pack that day because I was like 'what the hell? this isn't worth it..'
      Well the next day I just emptied out some of the contents of the red pill and gave it another go. I think my main problem was that I never consumed a lot of caffinee in the past, so perhaps I was getting jitters from over-exposure. It went well after that, so the next day I did what was recommended, one pack in the morning, and one after lunch, and taking just a bit out of the red pill. After 6 days, I felt confident that I can tolerate the whole red pill, and stopped pouring some out. I was fine.
      Something I liked was that it did slightly curb my appetite. I wasn't eating huge meals. I did notice the thermogenic effects, I was sweating more and felt warm throughout the day.
      A couple times I forgot to take it after lunch, and took it around 4ish PM, and it totally messed with my sleep, like real bad. So I learned my lesson that if I just forgot to take it, then wait till the next day.
      After I finished the bottle, I did lose some weight, 12 lbs to be exact. But the thing is I was doing plenty of cardio and keeping a real good diet. So to contribute all that weightloss to AnimalCuts would be an outright lie.
      But I truely believe that it did help me in the weight loss, first by curbing my appetite, and then increasing my body temp so that I burn more calories throughout the day.
      But still, it wasn't anything amazing, and it was really pricey, almost not worth it. So if money isn't an issue for you, then I say maybe get it. But just be sure to realize that isn't some kind of miracle weightloss supplement, and that it is just good to take along with cardio 4-5 times a week and a healthy diet.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Loss Of Weight
      • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
      • Price
      smcobert24
        April 15, 2011

Let me tell you what this product actually DOES accomplish, then I will cover what this product WILL NOT do for you.

When I started this product I got sucked in to all the Hype. So hopefully this review will help deter you from wasting your hard on money.

Here is what the Product DOES DO: It makes you Hot as Hell in the Gym. It makes you feel like you have heart burn (acid reflux) all day. It makes you feel fatigued in the GYM. It actually acted as a de-Motivator due to it's fatigue effects. It makes you dred each consumption of the 9-pill pack twice a day. It WILL make you weaker. It will make you lose muscle. And it will make you sweat like a Hooker in church and make you feel Hot all the time.

Now let me tell you what This product will NOT do for you: It will not make you "melt the fat." It will NOT conserve muscle. It most definently will NOT "pump you up" when referred to as a pre-workout motivator. It will not give you "Gratuitous amounts of Energy" (like Shocklate or Rawberry). You will NOT be power spotting Babies (400 Babies). It will NOT make you feel Uncomfortably Energetic... It will just make you feel Uncomfortable. It will not make you lose weight. It will not burn off the Fat. It will not increase your stregth.

Overall, this prduct sux. Which is a Huge disappointment. It basically did Nothing for me. It made me feel tired in the GYM. Gave me Heart Burn, made me 20 lbs weaker on my bench, 10 lbs weaker on my biceps, and 40 lbs weaker on my triceps. It demotivated me so much that when I was in the GYM, I was counting down the sets until I could leave. Then on top of it, I had to swallow 18 pills a day which sucked because I was seeing NO results.

I would also like to add that I have tried a few different fat burners during different cutting phases. So far, the best supplement that I have used and seen results with has been Lipo-6 (Multi-phase Technology). Not the new Lipo-6 "Black." That stuff was also a HUGE dissapointment.

If you want my advise. Please don't waste your money. This product does NOT do what it advertises and I suggest you look somewhere else for Quality.
       Pros:
       Cons:
        • Feeling Of Fatigue
        • Feeling Of Weakness
        • Sweating Alot
        • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
        • Loss Of Energy
        • Price

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.