Animal Cuts

By: Universal

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 15

Ranks #56 of 80 (better than 30%) in
Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Animal Cuts is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Universal. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

Nony
  June 23, 2013

At the end of my bulking phase I realised I have to cut a little bit too much because my task was to see my abs in 11 weeks starting from 23% bodyfat!
I usualy don't like fatburners and the jitters so I had to follow a hard diet plan (10calories per 1 pound of lean mass), drop sets and 1hour of moderate cardio daily.
Going through the 7th week I decided to use the help of a fat burner.

After some research I decided to go with animal cuts because the daily stims dosage is about 400mg so It might be ok for me.
When I first read the reviews on this site I was a bit disappointed because it rates low but I trust universal anyway and decided to give it a go.

Usage:
1 pack upon wakind and another one 4-6 hours on empty stomach.

Taste:
When I first opened the can I immediately smelled a mixture of natural herbs and it was good.
The aftertaste was also good and the pills (9 pills) are easy to swallow.

Side effects: 8/10 (10 means no sides)
The first week I felt mild stomach cramps (nothing serious) 15 minutes after consumption but they completely vanish after the meal.
Dizziness when I stand suddenly and this may be a sign of blood
pressure drop.

I have not changed anything in my routine before and with animal cuts.

Before:
I wont mention anything about first two weeks because I was dropping weight fast mostly water.
3rd to 5th weeks my weight drop average was 2.2 pounds a week.
6th and 7th the rate dropped to 2 pounds and this is normal because the more you drop weight the more bmr drops and you need less effort to move your body so the same period of cardio will burn less fat.

Using animal cuts:
I was surprised to see my rate jumping to 2.4 pounds per week
When it should be decreasing.
Thermogenic effects can be felt! I was sweating like hell in the gym and felt my skin was on fire!
I noticed some decreased appetite but that is not a plus for me because I don't cheat anyway.
The only reason I don't give this a 10 for effectiveness is the unaffected energy (nothing to mention) when it is needed most on a caloric deficit.
I felt my muscle were harder and I can attribute this to the diuretics.

This product is not cheap but it is cheaper than buying a fat burner and diuretic compound at the same time
It hits fat burning in 4 aspects and I really think u get what you are paying for

NB: now I really can tell why it rates low on this site!
People underestimate diuretics and don't drink sufficiently.
Most of the sides effects are directly related to dehydration (headaches, weakness, dry mouth...)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Paks Are Convienent
  • Good Amount Of Sweat
joe651dzd
  January 21, 2011

Animal Cuts is a thermogenic as close to a diuretic as you can get. It supply's you with 200 mg of caffiene (about 2 cups of coffee), and a total of eight complex's. Like most thermogenics, you will take 1 pack in the am, and 1 pack in the pm.

Price: 31.99 for a 1 month cycle. Not bad, Not bad... I can't compare this thermo to anything like oxy-elite or t7, which are clearly more expensive and in my mind serious cutting thermo's. If price is an issue and you're trying to cut serious bulk I would wait a bit and grab something heavy duty. This is better in my mind for getting rid of stubborn fat deposits and water weight.

Profile: The 8 proprietary complex's cover: thermogenic, metabolic, thyroid, diuretic, nootropic, cortisol, cck boosting, and bioavalibility. Darn near all of the ingredients are herbal, and unlike stupid company's bad habits; the ingredients don't all fall under 1 proprietary blend so you can get a better idea as to how much your getting and of what. I'll be honest, I'm not an avid thermo user so the ingredient profile is rather bewildering...

Outcome: I absolutaly have lost weight and fat deposits in stubborn area's which was my goal. I didn't want to loose too much weight so this was a great help in loosing the little fat I wanted to get rid of. I wouldn't recommend stacking creatine with this product as it drains water weight quickly. All in all, if you're like me and want to loose little weight quickly, try it!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Cheap

• joe651dzd
    January 21, 2011

Also, I experience no side effects and no loss in gains. Obviously when you thin out you're going to look a little smaller but that's fine because the definition appears.
  • Manimal
    January 21, 2011

Couldn't agree more with your outlook on this man. Very good for losing the last couple stubborn pounds and very close to a complete diuretic.
  • kevO
    January 21, 2011

Good review bro. Im a fan of Animal Cuts. It obliterates those last little fat deposits, which are always tough to get rid of...
  • naleps
    January 21, 2011

Good post on Animal Cuts. I took it about a year and half ago and did not see anything significant. My diet was not as clean as it is now and I was not in as good shape. After reading your review on it i might give it another go because i definitely have some nagging fat areas.
Joshuaco
  July 2, 2012

I would like to start off by saying that this was the first Animal product that I had ever tried and I was very excited to get it started.

Background information for the review: When I started I was about a month and half out from competition, with the diet in check including high protein, low carbs, and medium healthy fats. My starting weight was 191 pounds.

Ingredients: 6
The one factor that some people like to see in the Animal products are the numerous ingredients included in each of the pills.I am not going to list each and every ingredient because there are far too many, most of which I have never heard before, but the main ones include:
Thermogenic Complex (Red Pill – 750mg) – Caffeine (200mg), Guarana, Yerba Mate, Kola Nut.

Diuretic complex (Blue Pill - 800mg) – Dandelion & Uva Ursi.

Metabolic Complex (Unknown color – 750mg) - Green Tea extract & other tea extracts

Thyroid Complex (Unknown color – 350mg) – L-Tyrosine

Other pills include Nootropic Complex, Cortisol Inhibiting Complex, CCK Inhibiting complex and Bioavailability Complex,.

Some people said the 200mg pill of caffeine was too much for them but I did not notice any ill effect from it besides a bit of energy. In my opinion it seems like a bit too many under dosed ingredients and I would rather know how much of each ingredient I am taking in.

Dosing: 7
the dosage to these packs is two paks per day. I would take one before breakfast and then one later throughout the day. Each pak contains 9 pills which is kind of a pain, but I was able to swallow all 9 in one big gulp somehow. These pills are much easier to swallow that those of frat pack in which I was taking at the same time.

Price: 7
The price for the 21 day supply is normally around 28-30$ which is right around the correct price for that amount of thermogenics, but you do get a lot more included in this product.

Effect: 8
after the full 21 days of using this product I was able to drop my weight to 186.5 pounds, which makes sense due to my diet and weight routines. I did notice more sweat that usual when I would take it on an empty stomach first thing and work out. The energy from the red pill was nothing special in my opinion, and taking two 200mg pills a day seemed like a lot of stims for me.

When I read a lot of the reviews before trying this product people said they would get sick, run to the toiler or have headaches or anxiety from the red pill but I did not have any ill advised effects like that. I also did not notice going to the bathroom anymore from the diuretic pill, but I was already drinking a lot of water to begin with.

In short my weight did decrease, my sweat increased by a bit and the energy was pretty normal. I did visibly lean out over these three weeks noticeably in my abs, but I was busting my butt in the gym and kitchen each and every day. Like any thermo be prepared to work hard if you want results, don't just rely on this product by itself to cut you up like an Animal.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Good Amount Of Sweat
  • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
  • Price
welshy2snagg
  May 25, 2011

I was a bit nervous about trying cuts. I have tried other fat burners\thermogenics in the past and had realy bad side effects. Headaches, VERY heavy sweating,lack of energy in workouts, nausea and shakes have always been a problem for me on fatburners in the past. I came to cuts saying that this will be the last fatburner I try as I think I must be sensitive to them. I will start by saying I sufferd NO SIDE EFFECTS from this product. This was amax=zing to me considering I have with every simillar product. It could be that I was stricter with my water consumtion (5 litres minimum each day).
What I found was instead was great results. During the 21 days I was using cuts I lost 9lbs. This was with a 2500 daily calorie intake and 3 HIIT cardio sessions a week. While some of this was water weight, I am convinced I did not lose 9lbs of water. It has been nearly a week since I stopped using cuts and have not regained a single lb.
The other benefit I found was LOTS OF ENERGY during workouts. By the end I was running at full speed on the treadmill and having to increase the gradient a lot. This was a huge improvement on my previous cardio efforts.
The only downside I found to cuts was the endless visiting of the toilet.I can hardly complain about that when I was taking a diuretic though!
Overall a great product that I will definately use again in a few months before I go on holiday.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Alot Of Energy
  • Paks Are Convienent
  • Cardio Easier

RDgulls
  May 12, 2011

Before starting this product i was 195lbs(just after waking) and 16% bf using calipers. I was looking for a product to help me get rid of that las little bit of fat and really bring out some definition. Having good experiences with Universal supps i decided to use Animal Cuts as opposed to OEP because it was more a blend of wieght loss techniques as opposed to just a thermogenic. I got this product for a good price online about $30

Effectiveness: solid product, as soon as i started warming up in the gym i would start sweating bullets. The energy i got from this product was great and would last throughout the day. The diuretic effect was definately obvious i was going to the br what felt like every hour. Also definatley felt more Motivated to do cardio

Dosing/other supps: I took one pak about 30 min after waking up and the other an hour after lunch(normaly aroud 1 to 2). The only other supps i took during this time was a multi vit and a protien shake after workouts

Diet: For 2 weeks completely cut carbs except what was in the protien shake and then gradually included whole grains back into my diet, ate clean foods the entire time, lean protiens, fruits, veggies, eating around 2500 cal a day. Water intake was 1.5 to 2 gal a day

Training: Switched to total body curcuit training 2 days a week and 1 upper and 1 lower workout seperatly so lifting was 4 days a week. All lifts were high rep low wieght about 50 to 60% of max. Cardio was 6 days a week, 3 of them being HIIT for 30 min and the other days just going at a steady pace

Sides: The major side i experienced was about 3/4 the way through the can my strength started to dip, it wasnt an energy problem i had plenty i was just noticeably weaker as i was finishing up the product, but this is sort of expected as you loose body mass. The only other side i experinced was burping when i first started the product but as soon as i upped my water intake and my body was hydrated this went away

End Results:
5'11" 186lbs(morning) at 11% bf so a total of 9lbs lost and a 4% reduction in bf. For me this was great i have a build that makes it very hard for me to loose any wieght and for the first time my abs were showing and i was way more defined

Overall: Animal Cuts worked great for my wieght loss goals i felt all the effects it said it would deliver. I think on my next cut cycle i will try OEP just because of the great reviews ive seen but i still would recomend this product to anyone who is trying to cut out that last bit of fat.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Alot Of Energy
  • Feeling Of Fatigue
  • Feeling Of Weakness
caskeyhunt
  October 3, 2010

I was impressed with the effectiveness of Cuts, but I would warn leaner guys of the loss of muscle when using it- I guess that is to be expected though. I'm 6'1" 186 lbs and just needed to get rid of a little bit of belly fat and now I'm down to 176 lbs. I took 14 of the 21 day supply and stopped then because I was losing so much muscle, BUT it did accomplish what I wanted it to- I lost the pesky fat around my belly and my abs really started to show more.

I am not a big sweater and this stuff made me sweat like a maniac! It was great. I lost about 8-10 pounds in the 14 days that I took it. It did make me hungry all the time though- I would eat and then literally 10 minutes later I would be starving so you really have to be disciplined in your diet. Workouts were a little bit tougher because I just felt like I didn't have as much strength- and my bench max did decrease a bit.

No side effects I noticed except the increased hunger and the fatigue!

I would highly recommend it for someone trying to lose some fat, just remember if you're leaner then you will most likely lose muscle too.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Feeling Of Fatigue
  • Feeling Of Weakness
Dizzizziay
  April 25, 2010

I wanted to try cuts because it came with a good amount of caffeine along with fat burners. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, since Animal seems to market towards men, but I figured I give it a try.

Overall, I felt it was effective. It was awesome with helping lose water weight!!! Like, amazing. I noticed I looked leaner almost right away. Along with this supplement, I did a good amount of cardio. I aimed to run 15 - 20 miles a week along with a high protein, low carb diet.

Cuts gave me sustained energy, throughout the day it seemed. I only took one packet a day mid morning. I truly believe this supplement helped me lose the weight (30 lbs)

However, there was a lot that I did not like about cuts. First of all, THERE WERE SO MANY PILLS! I don't mind swallowing pills, but it was sort of annoying. They also tasted terrible with water to me, so I always needed a flavored drink (something like a G2) to help mask the flavor. And this is gross, but, I felt like they had a large laxative effect. Some people might like that aspect, but eh...

Overall, good supplement, worth the money, and works great. Make sure to watch your diet, as you would with any pill. You have to give some to get some :)
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Alot Of Energy
  • Sweating Alot
  • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow

• jacob2780
    April 25, 2010

They're supposed to have a laxative effect lol. helps you get rid of water weight faster.
  • Dizzizziay
    April 25, 2010

I know, but it totally grossed me out!!!! Hahaha
  • MMAFreak
    April 25, 2010

It has a diuretic effect, not a laxative effect. At least its not supposed to,LOL. Big difference.
LVNTcut
  October 29, 2012

I was already in good shape when I got on this. I wanted to see how cut I could get. I only did one cycle, and to be honest, I did see a difference, but nothing drastic. Granted, I was already defined everywhere so that may have also played a factor.

Taste 3/10
The taste of the pills and the burps afterwards are seriously terrible. I dreaded taking the pills just because of the taste and the burps that followed, literally every day for 3 weeks straight.

Price 5/10
For me it was just a bit too pricy for a 3 week cycle. I mean it's not terrible but I would have expected better results.

Effectiveness 7/10
Like I said, I did see a little more cut after the 3 week cycle, but nothing drastic. And that may be because I was already pretty cut. I did sweat but nothing major, and I was drinking about 1-2 gallons of water a day. I got minor headaches, but my friend did get bad headaches so he stopped taking it because of the headaches. I didn't feel much of a rush or any added energy or anything.

Overall 7/10
It was decent. It probably would work a lot better for someone that is trying to drop weight...they would see probably more drastic results. The taste is seriously nasty though. I most likely won't get back on it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • More Definition
  • Loss Of Fat
  • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
  • Price
  • Nasty Burps
215sw285
Rep: 0
  June 15, 2012

Overview: This is a very interesting product, I used it in the summer of 2011 and got some pretty good results. However, there were some inconsistent and relatively bizarre side-effects at times that make me unlikely to use this product in the future.

Value 8/10: I paid $35 for a 3 weeks worth of cuts, which seems to be a pretty reasonable price. Considering the large amount of ingredients provided in every packet, this product seems to be a reasonable value.

Energy 9/10: This is definitely a stimulant heavy product. I have read on various forums about removing certain capsules to lessen the stims, but I took every capsule throughout the cycle. Energy was pretty much constant, and especially noticeable within the first hour of ingestion. Made cardio very manageable, and helped me to stay attentive throughout the day.

Thermogenic 8/10: I certainly experienced a raise in body temperature while using Animal Cuts. I spend a lot of time outside in the summer due to work, and I sweat a lot to begin with. Needless to say I was dripping bullets everyday, and was practically drenched during the first week of use.

Side Effects 5/10: This is where this product has its downfall. While I have lots of positive things to say about Cuts, the side effects make it unlikely to be a repeater. The most present side effect was headaches, which would often start as a light-headed feeling, before transcending to a dull pain. I also experienced some stomach discomfort, and at times nausea while exercising.

Results 7.5/10: As I stated earlier, I had some pretty good results with Cuts. I lost a decent amount of weight, the majority of which was body fat. However I was highly motivated at the time, and had begun dieting and doing cardio daily a few weeks before starting this product. Therefore I can't be precisely sure how much of my success to attribute to Animal Cuts. Without a doubt it helped, it's just a matter of to what degree.

Overall Recommendation: If you have used maximum doses of thermogenics and fat burners before without experiencing any uncomfortable side effects, this may be something you want to try. On the contrary, if you are a stimulant sensitive person, steer clear of Animal Cuts.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • More Definition
  • Alot Of Energy
  • Cheap
  • Mild Headaches
  • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
  • Almost Too Strong.
  • Nausea
TMcelroyjr18
  June 22, 2011

I bought Animal Cuts hoping to lose that last bit of bodyfat so I could see my abs. This was my first ever fat burner and boy was that a mistake. This is what I think of this product.

Overview: Animal Cuts is a very strong product.It is definetly not for someone who is just starting to diet. My diet wasnt bad when I was taking cuts but I didnt know the basic structure for a fat loss diet.I was consuming the same amount of calories that I had before. So this didnt work that well for me.I only lost about 5 pounds in 3 wees.

Effectiveness: The thermogenic complex and diuretic complex is what you are going to notice the most when your taking cuts. Your going to sweat all day and feel lie you just ran a marathon in 120 degree weather when you train. Youve got to drink plenty of water for the diuretic to work and your going to be going to the restroom every thirty minutes.

If your not an exsperienced athlete, bodybuilder, ect. you dont need to take this product. Start off with some green tea or cla. and make sure you are lowering your calorie and carbohydrate intake.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Loss Of Weight
  • Sweating Alot
  • A Lot Of Pills To Swallow
  • Almost Too Strong.

• Str8up
    June 22, 2011

I hear ya bro, i expected way better results from this product.
  • TMcelroyjr18
    June 22, 2011

Yeah man, I think im just goin to get on a better diet next time
  • nmucha01
    June 22, 2011

If you don't already have your diet dialed in, you have ZERO business trying or reviewing fat burners like this; especially if you are going to give them a bad review.
  • TMcelroyjr18

That was my point man.

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.