100% Beef Aminos

By Universal
100% Beef Aminos Universal
8.3/10
(Weighted average based on 13 Reviews)

Ranks #15 of 96 (better than 85%)
in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

FlashSunday

FlashSunday's 100% Beef Aminos Review

Thought I would write a quick review on Universal Nutrition's 100% Beef Amino. I lead a busy life, as I'm sure many of you also do. I am usually not at home for 15 hours of any given day, whether Im at work, at the gym, or just out and about. I still try to eat every few hours, but in order to maintain anabolic throughout the day, I take Universal Beef Aminos about twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon between meals to fill in those gaps.

Profile:

Protein 3g 6%*
Vitamin A 25IU <1%
Vitamin C 8mg 13%
Niacin 2.6mg 13%
Vitamin B6 2mg 100%
Typical Amino Acid Profile
Grams Of Amino Acids In 100g Of Beef Protein.
Essential Amino Acids
L-Proline 11,100mg **
L-Tyrosine 900mg **
L-Serine 3,400mg **
Other Ingredients:
100% Beef Amino Acid Complex (Beef Protein Isolate, Beef Albumin Concentrate, Dessicated Argentine Beef Liver), Di-Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearatefile:

----------------(Value 10/10)----------------

The serving size of this product is 2 tablets, so you get 200 servings for about $17. I tend to take 8 servings a day, so a bottle lasts me about a month, making this cost no more than 50 cents, can't really beat that.

-------------(Effectiveness 9/10)------------

This product is primarily made from Beef Protein Isolate, so the profile is decent, warranting a 9 rating, not much else you can say about the product.

--------------(Taste/Smell 6/10)-------------

If you open the container it does smell pretty bad, sort of like rotting meat (go figure). If they could find a way to make it smell better (like beef jerky perhaps?) it would be a plus. I personally do not have a problem swallowing such large pills, but some do and they are pretty big.

----------------(Overall 9/10)---------------

This is a nice convenient product that is great for those of us that are barely home during the day. I am always looking for good products that help sustain my protein intake throughout the day. This is a good standby that is definitely cheaper than a lot of alternatives. The big downside is the smell and size of the pills, but if you can get past the smell and swallow them then there isn't really any issue with using this product.

• Smelly Pills

Posted January 29, 2012
Great Review, I dont know what took me so long to find these. I picked up a bottle this week and so far I am loving them. Pretty cheap for great protein. can get 21 grams of protein for 49 cents split up throughout the day. It is great. I am going to make these a staple and add Uni-Liver.

Posted January 29, 2012
Great review as always +1 rep. Ive been taking these for a couple weeks, working great. Only concern - i live in california and they require these prop 65 warnings for anything containing cancerous materials. Do you know why there is that warning on universal beef aminos? Its says Prop 65 warning: this product contains a substance known to cause reproductive harm and birth defects. Im wondering why...

BodySpammer's 100% Beef Aminos Review

Okay, why so much cotton? Anyway... lol

This product has been one of the best product I have tried.

Effectiveness: 10/10.
Okay, why so much cotton? Anyway... lol

This product has been one of the best product I have tried.

Effectiveness: 10/10.
Since the first time I took the 2 pills with my meal, I felt the results. I drink it after I eat and many times with my Syntha-6, 30 minutes before going to the gym. I don't need any pre-workout! My protein shake and 2 pills of this bad boy, and that's it! I get energy, focus, great PUMP(I'm a pump fanatic and this product knows how deliver it), endurance, well being, etc. It's amazing!

Price: 100/10
Do we have to talk about this?

Results: 10/10
I feel my muscles are tight, and very FULL. My banes from my arms pop out 5 minutes after I ate. It's amazing. People at work and at the gym say that I look bigger, tight and stronger. They ask me what juice I'm taking. LOL.

Overall: This amino acid is really amazing. best one I have ever tried compare to those who require 5 pills to only provide half of what this product offer in just 2 pills!

Tip:
People take 4 to 6 in a meal, that is fine but with food and the protein a bodybuilder or athlete consumes in their food- is too much. So, my advice, take 2 in EVERY meal you eat. You don't have to drink 6 at once, but just 2 in every meal so the body digest it and have it flowing it in your body through out the day.

Conclusion: I don't see a reason why anyone shouldn't take this product. Is amazing and I recommend it to many friends that go over to to buy Amino at my work, Vitamin Shoppe.

C. from Miami.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Energy
  • Good Amino Profile
  • Universal Quality
  • Filling
  • Real Beef
  • Beef Flavor
  • Great Resutls
  • Well-being(feel Good)
  • Endurance
  • Gain Strength

Posted August 14, 2011
    ive been wanting to try this. great review

Virtus

Posted August 14, 2011
    People are commenting about you taking steroids from the massive pumps you get specifically from a beef amino product?

nmucha01

Nice review man, +

Posted August 14, 2011
    Very nice review this is on my short list of things to try.

Posted August 14, 2011
    Thanks you guys, and yes, is really great. Virtus, due to the great pump I'm getting at the gym after taking this product with my syntha-6, people have asked me if I have been juicing up. I believe is because of the L-Arginine it has that gives me that great pump and makes my banes pop out. For the price and for what it is(beef amino), is has made it one great product.

Virtus

Posted August 15, 2011
    Fair enough, good review!

Posted August 15, 2011
    Although, I have a little doubt. Since is amino from beef, could it affect my liver if I take it for too long?

PN1434's 100% Beef Aminos Review

BACKGROUND
    Been using this product for about 2 months now.

BACKGROUND
    Been using this product for about 2 months now.

For some context, I lift 6 days a week; 3 days of lifting in the morning and in the evening and 3 days of lifting in the morning and running in the evening, alternating each day. With such a high volume of exercise, I was looking for a product to help with protein synthesis, recovery and strength gains.

EFFECTS
    The effects of this supplement are likely to be more subtle than a PWO, for example but I've still been very impressed.

Taking about 6 pills a day - 2 pills post-workout with a shake and basic carb and 2 pills twice before meals in the daytime - I do not feel tired between workouts and have been making consistent strength gains.

Whereas it is difficult to attribute these benefits strictly to the BCAAS, I know they're helping and are complementary to all the other components such as diet, sleep and training regimen.

Negative side-effects? Initially when taking these I got some pretty horrendous gas and was pleased (?) to read I wasn't the only one. Not a big problem, I suppose but something to consider. Otherwise, the pills are fairly large but if you've got a problem with that, just chop them up?

RECOMMENDATION
    I would recommend these beef aminos as part of a stack for strength trainers and athletes in general. Effects are a little more subtle than most supplements but certainly beneficial nonetheless. Another quality Universal product.

Posted May 3, 2013
    these beef aminos are a must for a bulk. Good review bro

ruabeyo
    (-111)

These pills are "big"

First off I wish I could say who it was on TSR.com who mentioned these but I just can't remember. Otherwise I would give him his propers (I know it was a guy though...???). I went to The Vitamin Shoppe to get some AAKG when I saw this little yellow and black bucket o'aminos. So when I saw the price at around $12 for 200 Tablets I just had to give them a try. Results?? Night and day.. you actually feel the effects once the aminos hit your blood stream. I mean you feel good, refreshed and energized. At that time I was using Isopure Unflavored Zero Carb Whey Isolate, MHP Probolic SR, MHP T-Bomb II, GNC Mega Men's multi, Olympian Labs AAKG (which really helps delivering this to your blood and muscles)and my trusty Vitamin Shoppe Vitamin C. Once these were added I really felt a difference. That made me know they were legit. No side effects except for a sore throat trying to choke these down. These pills are "big". Sometimes I would get it right with a gulp of water other times they would get lodged in the "pipe" and it really hurt goin' down. But the recommendation still remains high. I am actually going to buy a pill crusher because I am currently trying some other aminos that are twice as big as these and I will come back to Beef Aminos. Looking at the Nutritional Data I saw that is has a pretty high dose of the big 3 EAA's per 100g of Beef Protein: 3900mg Leucine, 1700mg Iso Leucine and 2800mg Valine. These three are pretty common in Post Workout dinks and I just didn't realize it until I was almost done with the pills. Then I started using them pre-workout and post. Which brings me to the Value Rating. I rated them a 9 only because once you get going to higher doses you can run through one these tubs really quick but I think the 21-23 dollar range for the 400 Tablet bottle is a great buy and will last much longer. Overall I rated Beef Aminos an 8 but if you don't have any problems with swallowing pills this big I'd rate them a 10. So if your like me and really can't take pills like this... get a pill crusher and buy the Beef Aminos you really can't go wrong. Oh yeah... I had a quick conversation with the guy at the Vitamin Shoppe when I bought these and then the next time I went in he told me that he had actually sold a bunch of the Beef Aminos on my recommendation but I was only repeating the comments made here on TSR.com ( Sorry I just can't remember who it was.. oh well... props to TSR)

abe

Posted September 3, 2010
    How many times do I have to tell you double space.

Creative writing 101 sir.

ruabeyo
    (-111)

Posted September 3, 2010
    Listen... this an old review homeboy.

I know I know... doublespace like this

:P

Posted September 3, 2010
    how many pills a day did you take?

Posted September 3, 2010
    very nice comment and said

BubbaD
    (-12)

BubbaD's 100% Beef Aminos Review

Once again just add in with your meals or even the odd time with my meal replacement shakes when I was trying to pack in the calories. Quality and quantity with a low price doesn't get much better then that hard to complain about something that is relatively cheap. also the brand itself stands up and sticks to its guns from start to finish.

slysteps

Posted December 10, 2011
    how do you like them? i was gonna get these but went with uniliver instead due to higher amino count

100% beef aminos is like the cousin of Uni Liver. Beef Aminos is a cheap amino acid supplement with a very wide spectrum of amino acids with the source of nutrients coming from Beef Protein, and partially from liver (same liver thats in Uni Liver). I took 3 tablets at my 3 smallest meals of the day and before bed to keep amino levels high at all hours of the day and increase anabolism. One of the best things about this product is that it is really cheap and you get a ton of servings for the price. It could be 20 bucks more, and still worth the price. I also noticed a small decrease in recovery time, and an increase in muscle fullness during the day. Overall, its a great amino acid supplement that will remain a staple in my supplement line.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Good Amino Profile

Posted August 6, 2010
      how did you manage to fall, I raise this supplement and 50% every day I am doing better and stronger, and my muscles are more durable.may drink alcohol and smoking you to reduce the possibility of recovery but this product would not dare.all in all,great comment

A hard hitting supplement that everyone can afford

I like beef aminos. Affordable and offer all of your aminos at high doses. A hard hitting supplement that everyone can afford. This is old school and alot if poor weight lifters are seeing results with this as many better off weight lifters see results as well. You need aminos for growth and recovery if regular BCAA is out of your price range beef aminos are here to save the day. The only downside is choking down these tablets other than that beef aminos is as good if not better than any BCAA or eaa product in terms of effect and results.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Beef Flavor
      • Real Beef
      • Filling
      • Universal Quality

32lax

Overall very good product

Overall very good product. Its hard to judge how effective they are by themselves though. Pills were a little big, but I didnt mind. They make a great addition to snacks or small meals throughout the day, especially before or after a workout. Taste is improved compared to the old Uni-Liver pills that were just the liver.

meathead96's 100% Beef Aminos Review

I started taking this product because it was on sale. I like to take some form of aminos before my workout to help me from becoming catabolic. I very much like this one. Its different to have it from a beef source and I like this. I just pop four of them before my workout and roll. Extra aminos never hurt anyone, especially before a workout.

Beinamonster's 100% Beef Aminos Review

This product really impressed me if u take 3 or 4 with each meal u will grow and get stronger in no time!! People asked what I was on I just aminos lol!! There only 8 dollies for 200 pills at ProSource !! That's a deal u can't beat , I take them everday !! I feel swoll and tight and my muscles look dense!!! People should try them u won't be dissapointed!!!

• Gain Strength

Cray

Posted April 5, 2011
        Oh snap! Only 8 dollies?? I gotta get on that.

Posted April 5, 2011
        U want be dissapointed bro!!!!!