100% Beef Aminos Reviews

By: Universal

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 4

Ranks #35 of 84 (better than 59%) in
Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

100% Beef Aminos is a BCAA manufactured by Universal. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

FlashSunday

January 29, 2012

Thought I would write a quick review on Universal Nutrition's 100% Beef Amino. I lead a busy life, as I'm sure many of you also do. I am usually not at home for 15 hours of any given day, whether Im at work, at the gym, or just out and about. I still try to eat every few hours, but in order to maintain anabolic throughout the day, I take Universal Beef Aminos about twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon between meals to fill in those gaps.

Profile:

Protein 3g 6%*
Vitamin A 25IU <1%
Vitamin C 8mg 13%
Niacin 2.6mg 13%
Vitamin B6 2mg 100%
Typical Amino Acid Profile
Grams Of Amino Acids In 100g Of Beef Protein.
Essential Amino Acids
L-Proline 11,100mg **
L-Tyrosine 900mg **
L-Serine 3,400mg **
Other Ingredients:
100% Beef Amino Acid Complex (Beef Protein Isolate, Beef Albumin Concentrate, Dessicated Argentine Beef Liver), Di-Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearatefile:

----------------(Value 10/10)----------------

The serving size of this product is 2 tablets, so you get 200 servings for about $17. I tend to take 8 servings a day, so a bottle lasts me about a month, making this cost no more than 50 cents, can't really beat that.

-------------(Effectiveness 9/10)------------

This product is primarily made from Beef Protein Isolate, so the profile is decent, warranting a 9 rating, not much else you can say about the product.

--------------(Taste/Smell 6/10)-------------

If you open the container it does smell pretty bad, sort of like rotting meat (go figure). If they could find a way to make it smell better (like beef jerky perhaps?) it would be a plus. I personally do not have a problem swallowing such large pills, but some do and they are pretty big.

----------------(Overall 9/10)---------------

This is a nice convenient product that is great for those of us that are barely home during the day. I am always looking for good products that help sustain my protein intake throughout the day. This is a good standby that is definitely cheaper than a lot of alternatives. The big downside is the smell and size of the pills, but if you can get past the smell and swallow them then there isn't really any issue with using this product.
  • Real Beef
  • Smelly Pills
BodySpammer
  August 14, 2011

Okay, why so much cotton? Anyway... lol

This product has been one of the best product I have tried.

Effectiveness: 10/10.
Since the first time I took the 2 pills with my meal, I felt the results. I drink it after I eat and many times with my Syntha-6, 30 minutes before going to the gym. I don't need any pre-workout! My protein shake and 2 pills of this bad boy, and that's it! I get energy, focus, great PUMP(I'm a pump fanatic and this product knows how deliver it), endurance, well being, etc. It's amazing!

Price: 100/10
Do we have to talk about this?

Results: 10/10
I feel my muscles are tight, and very FULL. My banes from my arms pop out 5 minutes after I ate. It's amazing. People at work and at the gym say that I look bigger, tight and stronger. They ask me what juice I'm taking. LOL.

Overall: This amino acid is really amazing. best one I have ever tried compare to those who require 5 pills to only provide half of what this product offer in just 2 pills!

Tip:
People take 4 to 6 in a meal, that is fine but with food and the protein a bodybuilder or athlete consumes in their food- is too much. So, my advice, take 2 in EVERY meal you eat. You don't have to drink 6 at once, but just 2 in every meal so the body digest it and have it flowing it in your body through out the day.

Conclusion: I don't see a reason why anyone shouldn't take this product. Is amazing and I recommend it to many friends that go over to to buy Amino at my work, Vitamin Shoppe.

C. from Miami.
  • Great Resutls
    PN1434
      May 3, 2013

BACKGROUND
    Been using this product for about 2 months now.

For some context, I lift 6 days a week; 3 days of lifting in the morning and in the evening and 3 days of lifting in the morning and running in the evening, alternating each day. With such a high volume of exercise, I was looking for a product to help with protein synthesis, recovery and strength gains.

EFFECTS
    The effects of this supplement are likely to be more subtle than a PWO, for example but I've still been very impressed.

Taking about 6 pills a day - 2 pills post-workout with a shake and basic carb and 2 pills twice before meals in the daytime - I do not feel tired between workouts and have been making consistent strength gains.

Whereas it is difficult to attribute these benefits strictly to the BCAAS, I know they're helping and are complementary to all the other components such as diet, sleep and training regimen.

Negative side-effects? Initially when taking these I got some pretty horrendous gas and was pleased (?) to read I wasn't the only one. Not a big problem, I suppose but something to consider. Otherwise, the pills are fairly large but if you've got a problem with that, just chop them up?

RECOMMENDATION
    I would recommend these beef aminos as part of a stack for strength trainers and athletes in general. Effects are a little more subtle than most supplements but certainly beneficial nonetheless. Another quality Universal product.
    • Universal Quality
    ruabeyo
    Rep: -120
      September 3, 2010

First off I wish I could say who it was on TSR.com who mentioned these but I just can't remember. Otherwise I would give him his propers (I know it was a guy though...???). I went to The Vitamin Shoppe to get some AAKG when I saw this little yellow and black bucket o'aminos. So when I saw the price at around $12 for 200 Tablets I just had to give them a try. Results?? Night and day.. you actually feel the effects once the aminos hit your blood stream. I mean you feel good, refreshed and energized. At that time I was using Isopure Unflavored Zero Carb Whey Isolate, MHP Probolic SR, MHP T-Bomb II, GNC Mega Men's multi, Olympian Labs AAKG (which really helps delivering this to your blood and muscles)and my trusty Vitamin Shoppe Vitamin C. Once these were added I really felt a difference. That made me know they were legit. No side effects except for a sore throat trying to choke these down. These pills are "big". Sometimes I would get it right with a gulp of water other times they would get lodged in the "pipe" and it really hurt goin' down. But the recommendation still remains high. I am actually going to buy a pill crusher because I am currently trying some other aminos that are twice as big as these and I will come back to Beef Aminos. Looking at the Nutritional Data I saw that is has a pretty high dose of the big 3 EAA's per 100g of Beef Protein: 3900mg Leucine, 1700mg Iso Leucine and 2800mg Valine. These three are pretty common in Post Workout dinks and I just didn't realize it until I was almost done with the pills. Then I started using them pre-workout and post. Which brings me to the Value Rating. I rated them a 9 only because once you get going to higher doses you can run through one these tubs really quick but I think the 21-23 dollar range for the 400 Tablet bottle is a great buy and will last much longer. Overall I rated Beef Aminos an 8 but if you don't have any problems with swallowing pills this big I'd rate them a 10. So if your like me and really can't take pills like this... get a pill crusher and buy the Beef Aminos you really can't go wrong. Oh yeah... I had a quick conversation with the guy at the Vitamin Shoppe when I bought these and then the next time I went in he told me that he had actually sold a bunch of the Beef Aminos on my recommendation but I was only repeating the comments made here on TSR.com ( Sorry I just can't remember who it was.. oh well... props to TSR)