Iso-Mass Xtreme Gainer

By Ultimate
Iso-Mass Xtreme Gainer Ultimate
7.8/10
(Weighted average based on 56 Reviews)

Ranks #12 of 31 (better than 63%)
in Protein > Weight Gainers
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

CamSTL

I do love taking this during bulk and football season

Im a long time fan of the site. Heck its homepage but Im just so busy with school majoring in Nutrition & Fitness and playing ball that I don't have time to contribute to the site like I wanna. I have gone thru 4 or 5 tubs of this so I figured it's time to write a review on it

- Mixability

- Mixability
I personally love this gainer but im going to knock it 1st by saying it sucks mixing in a shaker cup or by using a spoon. But in all honesty what gainer ever mixes using a shaker cup. I always blend my proteins with ice and either milk or water in a blender so that solves any mixing problems for me.

-Taste
The common complaint I hear with this is that it is hard to swallow...haha (had a dirty thought) anyway the main reason is because of the added omega's and fishy smell along with the added creatines which i heard help leave that gritty taste it has. I take my fish oils and/or eat so much fish daily that downing this does not bother me one bit. Thats just me tho, but I will add that I usually stick with chocolate or cookies n cream. I am burnt out on vanilla and strawberry flavored proteins and I did find that the fishiness along with the strawberry/vanilla took more getting used to.
This said I will say that Iso Mass isn't the best tasting, but its def not the worst in my humble opinion

-Value/Ingredient profile
I have seen this at Gnc.com for as low as $50 but I have found the hard way that it sells out quick. bb.com and amazon usually sell it around 60+ and I will admit that on a college budget that is quite an investment lol. But seeing that it has added creatine (7g) which include mono and kre alkalyn, omegas fatty acids(6.5g), vitamins and BCAAs/glutamine. This also contains your Whey, milk and egg protein iso's along with caseinated proteins. Im sorry tho, I do not know how good the actually quality of all this is. I know that some companies put cheap ingredients such as low quality creatine for example along with added sugars or carbs to expand the calorie count but I will say that I've never had a problem with this gainer and at times when I was low on $$$ I really came to appreciate what all Iso Mass had in it.

-Effectiveness
I usually take this around months leading up to training camp and I take it during the season as well. During the season I am never ever at home except in the morning or night and with classes I don't have time to eat like I should and want to. Taking this helps me maintain my weight as like I said earlier I really have come to appreciate what all it has in it. This helped me maintain strength across the board and I didn't notice any drop in performance despite probably not getting the required calories daily. During bulking season I am able to eat more at home, but I will say that this has helped me pack on the pounds. My sophomore year taking this I was 218lbs prior to taking it and once I finished a tub I weighed 223lbs. This past year my steady weight was 225 but I bulked up to 232 but I do alot of HIIT cardio which I believe might have always hindered my gains. So I stayed at about 230lbs. I would say based off of that logic I usually gain about 5lbs a tub but this really helped add thickness to my body and my strength increased as well.

-Overall
What can i say. I guess you can call me a fanboy of Iso Mass. I do love taking this during bulk and football season. I did not find myself bloated but if I was it was not noticable. Like any athlete tho, I always want to get BIGGER,STRONGER,FASTER. I have always been interested in other gainers like Real Gains, Real Mass, or any other (bulking) supp that might aid my bulk let me know. Like I have stated tho, everybody is different. I can tolerate the fishy taste and I prefer to mix this in a blender and to. But thats me. Hope this helps

Mooselini

Posted November 3, 2011
    good review bro, you should look into dymatize elite mass half the price and works great

While this was a good gaine

I personally dont believe that weight gainers are really that important since the majority of your calories should be coming from your diet. BUT my friend gave me a container of this for like half price, and then another friend gave me half a container or so for free...so why wouldnt i use it?

Taste/mixability (8/10;4/10): this is probably one of the worst mixing gainer/protein powders ever when mixed in a shaker cup. no matter how long i shook the shaker cup, the flavor would mix into the water/milk, but the vast majority of the powder would clump up into dime and quarter sized clumps that tasted like eating a spoonful of the powder right from the tub. but in a blender it mixed fine and tasted quite good. I liked vanilla the best but the container smelled like ***.ewwwww

Value(6/10): Im basing the value off of the price at bb.com and GNC. there are a lot of servings in the tub but it still costs as much as a normal gainer, which amounts to around 60-70 dollars a tub normally.Although it can sometimes be cheaper (ive seen it go for around 45-50 dollars) it is still pretty expensive, like all gainers, but i just do not believe that gainers are necessary for putting on weight, so to me its not worth it.

Effectiveness (8/10): While on isomass, i gained some weight and a good bit of strength, when i took it post workout. The ingredient profile is pretty good as well, consisting of 60 grams of protein from Whey, milk, and egg protein isolates, and casein which gives you a very large spectrum of amino acids and sustained delivery of these amino acids, it also contains 80 grams of carbs with fast,medium and slow digesting carbs, lots of good fats, a large amount of vitamins and fiber. the only problem is that this would give me some stomach issues 10 min after drinking it. also it contains creatine, which i am not a fan of creatine in protein powders, but that might just be me. Isomass definately improved my recovery time and i added some weight onto the bar as well.

Overall: While this was a good gainer, it seems like anyother gainer. i had good results as far as weight gain is concerned,and the ingredient list is very impressive, but again i like gainer powders but i would not like to spend a lot of money on them, just because i can get all the quality nutrients in my diet, but i realize this can be hard for a lot of people (whether thats because your a hardgainer, or are busy and dont have time to cook) so in that case Isomass can be a good source of calories as a meal replacement or a postworkout shake. although if you do buy this, make sure you have a functioning blender because this stuff does not mix well at all.

• Mixes Terribly
    • Gave Me Bad Stomach Aches
    • Contains Creatine

Cray

Solid.

Posted December 19, 2010
    Very nice little bro, as always.

Posted December 19, 2010
    thanks guys! Manimal lookin huge dude!

Posted December 19, 2010
    Thanks homie. When are we gonna see the real PTfootball54 in your avatar? I love the steelers, don't get me wrong lol.

Posted December 19, 2010
    haha im not sure. probably during next football season i might try to put up a picture of me in action lol. then the name "PTfootball54" would make a little more sense (even though my number will be 44 next year). also i will have my mohawk and i will look a little more Bad-@ss haha

PS- Dan Kreider is a freakin tank and he was the fullback for em Stillers (im going to be fullback for my team) and was my idol back when he played for the Steelers. thats why hes been my avatar for the past while. also thanks for respecting the Steelers lol

Word? Ah sweet man.

Too bad you can't keep #54. It's a great number. My brother played with it all through highschool and broke records in the gym and on the field under that number. I played under 56 since he was 54 haha. (4 being his old hockey number and 6 being my hockey number).

And bro, I live just an hour and 15 minute south of the burgh. Gotta love my steelers, pens, and....Well I guess I still love the pirates..Just wish they didnt suck and trade everyone that is half decent!

I'm hittin the pens game this saturday against the Wild. Any Chance that you are doing the same?

Posted December 20, 2010
    oh i didnt know you live that close! haha thats cool man! i dont think ill be going to the game (my dad actually had tickets but had to give them to my uncle i think) but i heard the new arena is insane. I love watching hockey but i can never remember stats or records in it haha and with baseball, i support the Pirates but...well they just suck haha. also i would have kept my number but since i changed my position (nose guard on defence/right guard on offence to fullback and not too sure what on defence, whatever the coach wants me to play i guess)so i had to change my number for the position, plus i like 44 haha.

Posted December 20, 2010
    Haha, i feel you man. No worries. Maybe another pittsburgh game.

jthayer1

This is the most complete and the best value

Does it get any better? I mean really? I've done Iso-Mass on both my serious gaining cycles and it does the job. Yes you can find gainers with a better carb to protein ratio but you can't beat this in many other areas. Plus you can always add some fruit or oatmeal to this to really up the carbs. Yes it will make you bloated but we're gaining so you have to deal with that anyway. You can't stay ripped and gain! Come on people!

Honestly I believe this is the best it gets and I've tried gainer after gainer after gainer but this takes the cake. 65 grams of a blended protein per serving (in water), 7 grams of creatine, digestive enzymes, omega blends, and even a partial vitamin spectrum. Plus you get 30 servings for a similar price to other gainers.

Yes I agree that it doesnt taste the best but honestly let's stop whining about that. I've had much worse (cough cough strawberry Mass-Tech). This is the most complete and the best value!

Did I mention... I love this stuff!

Posted July 22, 2010
      Great review. I'm kind of sick of people ***ing and giving low reviews because of taste. I don't know about everyone else, but I drink them for effectiveness...

This product has definitely helped me build muscle

Currently on my second tub of this stuff. Recommended flavor: Cookies N' Cream

Currently on my second tub of this stuff. Recommended flavor: Cookies N' Cream

Price: 10/10. I know I've see ISOmass in different prices at a lot of different websites and GNC's around, but the GNC I get it at sells it for 45$, which is an awesome deal for 30 servings. I would probably pay up to 60$ for it.

Taste: 10/10 for Cookies N' Creme, 4/10 for Chocolate Peanut Butter. This is probably the worst part about ISO mass is the taste, as it's not like all the flavors are good, because it varies. I suffered the whole way through the Chocolate Peanut Butter version, and about half way through I couldn't even drink it unless I added a lot of Hershey's syrup and additional peanut butter. When I drank it I had to drink it fast or it would make me sick thinking about the taste. Not to mention it smelt like dog food. The Cookies N' Creme on the other hand, is AMAZING! It smells sweet, and tastes just like the real thing. I could easily drink it for a snack. I only have drank this with Soy Milk (Vanilla or Chocolate) which helps the taste alot.

Mixability: 10/10. I know some of you may not think so, but I'm only giving it a 10/10 because I'm mixing it with a blender. Do yourself a favor and get a cheap blender, it makes a world of difference. No clumps, smooth consistency with a blender.

Effectiveness: 10/10. I love this product and it has been working very well for me, fortunately. I started the first tub on September 1st, and I was about 155 pounds, it is now November 23rd, and I am 164. I try to eat around 3000 calories a day minimum, and when I pack in 3 scoops of this and pair it with 16oz of Soy milk, I hit just around 1000 calories with it.

Recovery is incredible and it goes to show as the line up of everything in the product is very impressive. You have 33% your daily value of just about every vitamin and mineral, 110 grams of carbs (with milk), 82 grams of protein (again, with milk), only 5 grams of sugar! 6.5 grams of Omega3's, 2.2 grams of glutamine, BCAA's, enzymes, the list goes on. 7 types of creatine, and it is supposedly time released with I do believe because of how good it makes me feel through the rest of my day. This leads to a real quick recovery for me and I pretty much never feel sore.

This product has definitely helped me build muscle, and definition through out. This will most likely be the only gainer I will ever purchase because of my extremely positive experience with it (weight gains, recovery and value.)and the great deal I get it for, 45$, but like I said I'd still pay more for it. You get a lot of servings with it (30), so you could drink it every day and it'd last you a month! How many gainers can say that? Certainly not Serious Mass or CytoGainer! The tub ran me about 1.5-1.75 months because I didn't have it on off days.

My only gripe is that if I drank it too fast, I would get extremely flushed, but it would only last for about 10 minutes than pass on, but I guess that would happen with any gainer really. Otherwise, it doesn't make me feel bloated or like I am going to throw up.

Overall I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Tastes Good
      • Boosts Energy
      • Lid Snaps Off Sometiems

Posted November 23, 2010
      Oh yeah, just make sure you have the lid on secure, cause you don't want to see what an open tub of ISO mass looks like bouncing down the stairs. That was a mess.

Posted November 23, 2010
      Good review man

I was very dissapointed with this, there are far better gainers out there

Have been using mass gainers for a number of years now and have always looked at this product and never picked it up for some reason. Well I finally picked up a tub and was dissapointed to say the least.

Mixability- Mixed ok in both water and milk, there was the odd chunk or two but nothing bad. It had a very thin consistancy with a grainy texture and there was always white particals stuck to the side of my shaker when i was finished (I assume that was the glutamine/creatine).

Taste- This was the biggest turn off for me, had almost a sour taste to it; kind of hard to explain but was not pleasant (I had the chocolate flavor). I found myself chuging it as fast as i could and even chasing it with some sort of juice after.

Effectiveness- was a lower calorie gainer so it didnt put on a whole bunch of weight but gave me some gains. Didnt really give me that full feeling like most other gainers have given me which was another huge turn off since I'm always on the go and use these to get in some extra calories. Didnt upset my stomach but did give me alittle extra gas.

Recovery- Didnt notice a whole lot with recovery, not going to say it helped but i deffinetly forgot to take this some days (I think it was my subconsiouse telling me its nasty)

Overall I was very dissapointed with this, there are far better gainers out there (real mass, Monster Mass, mutan mass, and even Muscle Juice I would buy before this). The value was right on par with most other gainers. I would not recoment this to anyone as it is hard to choke down and for the amount of calories that are in it you can find a far better product.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Profile
      • Tastes Terrible
      • Disgusting Taste

Posted October 23, 2010
      they have had this stufff at the gnc i go to for THREE YEARS..i promise its the same tube and its still 69 bucks..when it gets down o around 25, im going to get somee though

Posted October 23, 2010
      This would have to be my all time most HATED supplement i have ever tried, makes me sick thinking about the taste, bleh...... did you no that if you mix it in the blender that wierd taste disapears? it does lol but still that product gave me headaches and nausiousness when i took it, no matter how much water i drank, EPIC FAIL

Put On The Weight

I took this product awhile back in 2011 going into my second year of playing college football. Just now getting to a review on it... partly because I just became a member on the site not too long ago. My review will be based on when I took it then and the price of it then, but I will also discuss the price of it now.

Taste: 8/10
      I had cookies and cream. For the first half of the summer I loved the taste. I would mix with water or skim milk. About half way through the summer I kind of got sick of the taste of it because I had been drinking so much of it but overall the taste was great a little too sweet.

Mix ability: 7/10
      I usually do not review on mixability with my preworkouts because I have the view of suck it up and drink it but with proteins I understand if it gets into a huge clump and is hard to mix it can be annoying, usually do not have the problem with pwos. With this gainer i used a shaker cup not with a ball but with a grid and it worked fairly well not any worse than other proteins and it is much thicker.

Value: 7/10 & 6/10

When I first bought this it was much cheaper than what it is now. If I remember currectly I think I bought it for just over $50.00 now it is much more expensive than that. At $50.00 It was kind of hard to beat getting as much product as you got with it at that price now it is around $75.00-$80.00. I know that you can get it on sale sometimes for around $60.00 which wouldnt be too bad but for a college guy on a budget eighty dollars is a little pricey. But something to take into consideration is the rest of the ingredients and what all you are getting for that money. Unsure of the quality of the ingredients but I do know that it contains a lot of the ingredients that many people buy and take separately which you can check out the ingredient list yourself and see what you would buy apart from it and do the price comparisons.

I was taking this over the summer going into my second year of football. I was pretty small weighting around 190 pounds playing linebacker and my coach told me to bulk up so this is what I started taking. Upon taking this I was eating everything in site and taking this two times a day. This definitely put the weight on me and my strength did increase but my body fat did as well. Which that was also from the lack of cardio on my part when I was taking this. By the end of the tub and the end of the summer I had gained up to about 218 but take into consideration that, that was not all good weight which I have now cut down now to about 195.

I really enjoyed this weight gainer and would recommend it. I will probably buy it again once I plan on putting on some more weight. I would like to get back up to around 220 but do it smarter and eating cleaner while on this and doing cardio. It was over two years ago now that I used this product and know much more about working out, and fitness than what I did then. Then my coach told me to eat as much as possible and lift a lot so that is what I did. Now, my goals are quite a bit different but still think this will be a great product for anyone wanting to put on some good weight!

• Gained Fat

CamSTL

Posted August 26, 2013
      Good review. Used to be my go to gainer for football as well

So far I feel like it has worked wonders

This is my first review, and I have yet to complete the entire tub, however I am at least 3/4 full, and I finally have some time, so I figured I'd do it now because who knows if I'll remember to do it another time.

Value:
      I'll start out with value. I got it for free from a friend...

Value:
      I'll start out with value. I got it for free from a friend who could not stand the taste or smell of it. However, based on the value online, I'd say it is pretty average based on what you get and the servings. It's about the same price as Pro-Complex Gainer, however I do believe you probably get more servings in this.

Mixability:
      I'm afraid to just mix it with water/milk and drink it like that. Looks like it would clump up and it smells awful, so I could only imagine the taste. So I mix it with PB, strawberries and a banana. Taste like a PB and J sandwich. So it's drinkable, especially for a weightgainer.

Profile:
      Looks pretty good. I could use some more calories in there, however that's easily done by adding some PB and fruit to it in a blender. Plus the kre alkalyn is definitely very nice. Good amount of complex carbs and protein in there. Serving size is three big scoops, so you have to make a big drink to get all the benefits while covering the taste.

So far I feel like it has worked wonders. I am a pretty hardgainer at this point, however, I have gained a couple of pounds while using this. I use it rather inconsistently because of my work and school schedule, plus I stack it with Jack3d, and Gaspari's Anavite while also drinking other proteins from work throughout the week. However, after a solid workout, the next day I am definitely considerably less sore than I am usually am. So that is definitely a plus, and hopefully a sign that it is working. Plus, I have went from repping 185 with 3 sets of 10, to 205 with 3 sets of 8. I do not know how much of that is this or the other supplements, and just mindset alone, but this is at the very least a solid placebo.

I am going to try Pro-Complex Gainer after I finish the rest of this tub unless the last part of this tub blows me away. But, I can't disagree with a free weightgainer, so if you can find a deal on this, I'd definitely give it a shot.

• Has Real Creatine In It
      • Smell
      • 3 Giant Scoops
      • Moderately Bad Taste

The flavor I got was chocolate malt, and it was DISGUSTING

I bought this a while back, hoping to add on some weight. I chose this product because it had a lot of servings, the protein and calories I was looking for, and I got it for a pretty good price (It was like $35). The flavor I got was chocolate malt, and it was DISGUSTING. It was a workout just to choke it down. Also the scoop is huge, and they recommend taking 3 scoops per serving. I thought that was way too much so I cut it in half. At first I started taking it before and after workouts, but it gave me terrible stomach aches. I don't know what it was that did it, I thought maybe it was the iron in it (There's 33% of the daily value in one 3 scoop serving, which is a lot at one time). After the first week of the stomach aches I tried taking it only post-workout. It didn't help. Still I was desperate to gain some weight so I Forced my way through the whole container and bought another one. However by the time I had bought the second container, I was so sick of it that just the smell made me nauseous. I had to stop taking it because I couldn't even open the container anymore without feeling like I was going to throw up. At the time I was working out 5-6 days a week, eating very clean. I wasn't taking anything else with it. After I stopped taking this product I started taking Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein Powder, and I love it. I'm still using it and I prefer it to any other protein powders, even though it's not a gainer.

• Tastes Terrible
      • Gave Me Bad Stomach Aches

One of the best value in supplements out there

i finished a tub of this stuff 2 month ago. i had the chocolate and it worked for me, i went from 170 lbs to 180 lbs, i reached new max on each exercises of my routine.
      One of the best value in supplements out there. This stuff has all sorts good stuff in it. I used 2 scoops mixed with water 30 minutes before working out and 2 more scoops mixed with reduced fat milk inmediately after workouts. Many will hate the fishy smell each time you open it.. Overall it is a great stuff, i think of grabbing another tub.

• Moderately Bad Taste

All-in-all I would definitely recommend this to anyone who trains hard

I'm currently on my 3rd tub of Iso-Mass & I have to say when you combine training hard w/ this stuff, you will see great results. I started off at 187 3 months ago & I'm currently weight 205 & I've gained good quality muscle..& not water weight which some other gainers tend to give. The initial smell when you open the canister will throw a lot of people off because it's give of strong fishy odor due to the 5 different fishes in the formula however the taste is the complete opposite. I actually enjoy the "Soft Vanilla Ice Cream" flavor & I usually take it with water. I would definitely recommend mixing it with Powerade Zero or Gatorade as it mixes very well & the taste is phenomenal. I've also had the "Chocolate Milk" flavor which isn't bad but their isn't too many mixing options outside water & milk.

Iso-Mass has everything you need in a gainer with 5 diff. type of proteins from whey isolate, milk Protein Isolate, egg protein isolate, & micellar & beta caseins so you will get the time released quality. You can't go wrong w/ the 7 different types of creatine, 4 types of glutamine, & BCAA's to help you recover faster also. It's loaded with vitamins & omega's so it really can cut cost w/ buying extra supplements.

I usually take 3 to 4 shakes a day & all together & a tub has 30 servings so it can get a little pricey but w/ the results I think it's worth it. All-in-all I would definitely recommend this to anyone who trains hard & wants to put on quality mass.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Loaded With Extras
      • Not Thick