Iso-Mass Xtreme Gainer Reviews

By: Ultimate

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 16

Ranks #6 of 23 (better than 77%) in
Protein > Weight Gainers

Iso-Mass Xtreme Gainer is a Weight Gainer manufactured by Ultimate. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.
INGREDIENTS (31)

CATEGORY PREVALENCE

COMPARE SIMILAR

CamSTL

November 3, 2011

Im a long time fan of the site. Heck its homepage but Im just so busy with school majoring in Nutrition & Fitness and playing ball that I don't have time to contribute to the site like I wanna. I have gone thru 4 or 5 tubs of this so I figured it's time to write a review on it

- Mixability
I personally love this gainer but im going to knock it 1st by saying it sucks mixing in a shaker cup or by using a spoon. But in all honesty what gainer ever mixes using a shaker cup. I always blend my proteins with ice and either milk or water in a blender so that solves any mixing problems for me.

-Taste
The common complaint I hear with this is that it is hard to swallow...haha (had a dirty thought) anyway the main reason is because of the added omega's and fishy smell along with the added creatines which i heard help leave that gritty taste it has. I take my fish oils and/or eat so much fish daily that downing this does not bother me one bit. Thats just me tho, but I will add that I usually stick with chocolate or cookies n cream. I am burnt out on vanilla and strawberry flavored proteins and I did find that the fishiness along with the strawberry/vanilla took more getting used to.
This said I will say that Iso Mass isn't the best tasting, but its def not the worst in my humble opinion

-Value/Ingredient profile
I have seen this at Gnc.com for as low as $50 but I have found the hard way that it sells out quick. bb.com and amazon usually sell it around 60+ and I will admit that on a college budget that is quite an investment lol. But seeing that it has added creatine (7g) which include mono and kre alkalyn, omegas fatty acids(6.5g), vitamins and BCAAs/glutamine. This also contains your Whey, milk and egg protein iso's along with caseinated proteins. Im sorry tho, I do not know how good the actually quality of all this is. I know that some companies put cheap ingredients such as low quality creatine for example along with added sugars or carbs to expand the calorie count but I will say that I've never had a problem with this gainer and at times when I was low on $$$ I really came to appreciate what all Iso Mass had in it.

-Effectiveness
I usually take this around months leading up to training camp and I take it during the season as well. During the season I am never ever at home except in the morning or night and with classes I don't have time to eat like I should and want to. Taking this helps me maintain my weight as like I said earlier I really have come to appreciate what all it has in it. This helped me maintain strength across the board and I didn't notice any drop in performance despite probably not getting the required calories daily. During bulking season I am able to eat more at home, but I will say that this has helped me pack on the pounds. My sophomore year taking this I was 218lbs prior to taking it and once I finished a tub I weighed 223lbs. This past year my steady weight was 225 but I bulked up to 232 but I do alot of HIIT cardio which I believe might have always hindered my gains. So I stayed at about 230lbs. I would say based off of that logic I usually gain about 5lbs a tub but this really helped add thickness to my body and my strength increased as well.

-Overall
What can i say. I guess you can call me a fanboy of Iso Mass. I do love taking this during bulk and football season. I did not find myself bloated but if I was it was not noticable. Like any athlete tho, I always want to get BIGGER,STRONGER,FASTER. I have always been interested in other gainers like Real Gains, Real Mass, or any other (bulking) supp that might aid my bulk let me know. Like I have stated tho, everybody is different. I can tolerate the fishy taste and I prefer to mix this in a blender and to. But thats me. Hope this helps
    PTfootball54
      December 19, 2010

I personally dont believe that weight gainers are really that important since the majority of your calories should be coming from your diet. BUT my friend gave me a container of this for like half price, and then another friend gave me half a container or so for free...so why wouldnt i use it?

Taste/mixability (8/10;4/10): this is probably one of the worst mixing gainer/protein powders ever when mixed in a shaker cup. no matter how long i shook the shaker cup, the flavor would mix into the water/milk, but the vast majority of the powder would clump up into dime and quarter sized clumps that tasted like eating a spoonful of the powder right from the tub. but in a blender it mixed fine and tasted quite good. I liked vanilla the best but the container smelled like ***.ewwwww

Value(6/10): Im basing the value off of the price at bb.com and GNC. there are a lot of servings in the tub but it still costs as much as a normal gainer, which amounts to around 60-70 dollars a tub normally.Although it can sometimes be cheaper (ive seen it go for around 45-50 dollars) it is still pretty expensive, like all gainers, but i just do not believe that gainers are necessary for putting on weight, so to me its not worth it.

Effectiveness (8/10): While on isomass, i gained some weight and a good bit of strength, when i took it post workout. The ingredient profile is pretty good as well, consisting of 60 grams of protein from Whey, milk, and egg protein isolates, and casein which gives you a very large spectrum of amino acids and sustained delivery of these amino acids, it also contains 80 grams of carbs with fast,medium and slow digesting carbs, lots of good fats, a large amount of vitamins and fiber. the only problem is that this would give me some stomach issues 10 min after drinking it. also it contains creatine, which i am not a fan of creatine in protein powders, but that might just be me. Isomass definately improved my recovery time and i added some weight onto the bar as well.

Overall: While this was a good gainer, it seems like anyother gainer. i had good results as far as weight gain is concerned,and the ingredient list is very impressive, but again i like gainer powders but i would not like to spend a lot of money on them, just because i can get all the quality nutrients in my diet, but i realize this can be hard for a lot of people (whether thats because your a hardgainer, or are busy and dont have time to cook) so in that case Isomass can be a good source of calories as a meal replacement or a postworkout shake. although if you do buy this, make sure you have a functioning blender because this stuff does not mix well at all.
    • Gave Me Bad Stomach Aches
    • Contains Creatine
    • Mixes Terribly
    jthayer1
      July 22, 2010

Does it get any better? I mean really? I've done Iso-Mass on both my serious gaining cycles and it does the job. Yes you can find gainers with a better carb to protein ratio but you can't beat this in many other areas. Plus you can always add some fruit or oatmeal to this to really up the carbs. Yes it will make you bloated but we're gaining so you have to deal with that anyway. You can't stay ripped and gain! Come on people!

Honestly I believe this is the best it gets and I've tried gainer after gainer after gainer but this takes the cake. 65 grams of a blended protein per serving (in water), 7 grams of creatine, digestive enzymes, omega blends, and even a partial vitamin spectrum. Plus you get 30 servings for a similar price to other gainers.

Yes I agree that it doesnt taste the best but honestly let's stop whining about that. I've had much worse (cough cough strawberry Mass-Tech). This is the most complete and the best value!

Did I mention... I love this stuff!
      glasswars
        November 23, 2010

Currently on my second tub of this stuff. Recommended flavor: Cookies N' Cream

Price: 10/10. I know I've see ISOmass in different prices at a lot of different websites and GNC's around, but the GNC I get it at sells it for 45$, which is an awesome deal for 30 servings. I would probably pay up to 60$ for it.

Taste: 10/10 for Cookies N' Creme, 4/10 for Chocolate Peanut Butter. This is probably the worst part about ISO mass is the taste, as it's not like all the flavors are good, because it varies. I suffered the whole way through the Chocolate Peanut Butter version, and about half way through I couldn't even drink it unless I added a lot of Hershey's syrup and additional peanut butter. When I drank it I had to drink it fast or it would make me sick thinking about the taste. Not to mention it smelt like dog food. The Cookies N' Creme on the other hand, is AMAZING! It smells sweet, and tastes just like the real thing. I could easily drink it for a snack. I only have drank this with Soy Milk (Vanilla or Chocolate) which helps the taste alot.

Mixability: 10/10. I know some of you may not think so, but I'm only giving it a 10/10 because I'm mixing it with a blender. Do yourself a favor and get a cheap blender, it makes a world of difference. No clumps, smooth consistency with a blender.

Effectiveness: 10/10. I love this product and it has been working very well for me, fortunately. I started the first tub on September 1st, and I was about 155 pounds, it is now November 23rd, and I am 164. I try to eat around 3000 calories a day minimum, and when I pack in 3 scoops of this and pair it with 16oz of Soy milk, I hit just around 1000 calories with it.

Recovery is incredible and it goes to show as the line up of everything in the product is very impressive. You have 33% your daily value of just about every vitamin and mineral, 110 grams of carbs (with milk), 82 grams of protein (again, with milk), only 5 grams of sugar! 6.5 grams of Omega3's, 2.2 grams of glutamine, BCAA's, enzymes, the list goes on. 7 types of creatine, and it is supposedly time released with I do believe because of how good it makes me feel through the rest of my day. This leads to a real quick recovery for me and I pretty much never feel sore.

This product has definitely helped me build muscle, and definition through out. This will most likely be the only gainer I will ever purchase because of my extremely positive experience with it (weight gains, recovery and value.)and the great deal I get it for, 45$, but like I said I'd still pay more for it. You get a lot of servings with it (30), so you could drink it every day and it'd last you a month! How many gainers can say that? Certainly not Serious Mass or CytoGainer! The tub ran me about 1.5-1.75 months because I didn't have it on off days.

My only gripe is that if I drank it too fast, I would get extremely flushed, but it would only last for about 10 minutes than pass on, but I guess that would happen with any gainer really. Otherwise, it doesn't make me feel bloated or like I am going to throw up.

Overall I would highly recommend it to anyone.
      • Boosts Energy
      • Lid Snaps Off Sometiems
      whiteman91
        October 23, 2010

Have been using mass gainers for a number of years now and have always looked at this product and never picked it up for some reason. Well I finally picked up a tub and was dissapointed to say the least.

Mixability- Mixed ok in both water and milk, there was the odd chunk or two but nothing bad. It had a very thin consistancy with a grainy texture and there was always white particals stuck to the side of my shaker when i was finished (I assume that was the glutamine/creatine).

Taste- This was the biggest turn off for me, had almost a sour taste to it; kind of hard to explain but was not pleasant (I had the chocolate flavor). I found myself chuging it as fast as i could and even chasing it with some sort of juice after.

Effectiveness- was a lower calorie gainer so it didnt put on a whole bunch of weight but gave me some gains. Didnt really give me that full feeling like most other gainers have given me which was another huge turn off since I'm always on the go and use these to get in some extra calories. Didnt upset my stomach but did give me alittle extra gas.

Recovery- Didnt notice a whole lot with recovery, not going to say it helped but i deffinetly forgot to take this some days (I think it was my subconsiouse telling me its nasty)

Overall I was very dissapointed with this, there are far better gainers out there (real mass, Monster Mass, mutan mass, and even Muscle Juice I would buy before this). The value was right on par with most other gainers. I would not recoment this to anyone as it is hard to choke down and for the amount of calories that are in it you can find a far better product.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Profile
      • Tastes Terrible
      • Disgusting Taste
      tommy777
        August 26, 2013

I took this product awhile back in 2011 going into my second year of playing college football. Just now getting to a review on it... partly because I just became a member on the site not too long ago. My review will be based on when I took it then and the price of it then, but I will also discuss the price of it now.

Taste: 8/10
      I had cookies and cream. For the first half of the summer I loved the taste. I would mix with water or skim milk. About half way through the summer I kind of got sick of the taste of it because I had been drinking so much of it but overall the taste was great a little too sweet.

Mix ability: 7/10
      I usually do not review on mixability with my preworkouts because I have the view of suck it up and drink it but with proteins I understand if it gets into a huge clump and is hard to mix it can be annoying, usually do not have the problem with pwos. With this gainer i used a shaker cup not with a ball but with a grid and it worked fairly well not any worse than other proteins and it is much thicker.

Value: 7/10 & 6/10

When I first bought this it was much cheaper than what it is now. If I remember currectly I think I bought it for just over $50.00 now it is much more expensive than that. At $50.00 It was kind of hard to beat getting as much product as you got with it at that price now it is around $75.00-$80.00. I know that you can get it on sale sometimes for around $60.00 which wouldnt be too bad but for a college guy on a budget eighty dollars is a little pricey. But something to take into consideration is the rest of the ingredients and what all you are getting for that money. Unsure of the quality of the ingredients but I do know that it contains a lot of the ingredients that many people buy and take separately which you can check out the ingredient list yourself and see what you would buy apart from it and do the price comparisons.

I was taking this over the summer going into my second year of football. I was pretty small weighting around 190 pounds playing linebacker and my coach told me to bulk up so this is what I started taking. Upon taking this I was eating everything in site and taking this two times a day. This definitely put the weight on me and my strength did increase but my body fat did as well. Which that was also from the lack of cardio on my part when I was taking this. By the end of the tub and the end of the summer I had gained up to about 218 but take into consideration that, that was not all good weight which I have now cut down now to about 195.

I really enjoyed this weight gainer and would recommend it. I will probably buy it again once I plan on putting on some more weight. I would like to get back up to around 220 but do it smarter and eating cleaner while on this and doing cardio. It was over two years ago now that I used this product and know much more about working out, and fitness than what I did then. Then my coach told me to eat as much as possible and lift a lot so that is what I did. Now, my goals are quite a bit different but still think this will be a great product for anyone wanting to put on some good weight!
      • Gained Fat
      dercha
        April 8, 2013

Taste:
      I purchased the strawberry for my 16 year old son who is fairly picky. He mixes it with milk and doesn't mind the taste. He said that he would give it a 7 out of 10. It mixes fairly easy in a standard shaker cup.

Backround:
      My son is 16 and trains strength for football. He is a medium sized kid and was just under 6' 2" and weighed 209 when he started taking isomass extreme. He had a hard time putting on quality weight and had a very difficult time with strength increases. I work out with him 5 times a week and his focus is a typical strength routine with lots of power movements except squats as he is recovering from knee surgery.

Value:
      GNC sells the strawberry flavor on sale for 44 dollaars and with the Gold Card discount it rang up at around 35 dollars. All other flavors were like 75 or so, I feel the value was fantastic.

The best measure of effectiveness is in the results so here we go. He took two servings daily along with another serving of regular whey isolate blend daily. My son went from weighing 209 to 214 in just under 30 days. His bench increased from 195 to 225, deadlift from 260 to 315, power clean from 140 to 170 and the list goes on. He was always frustrated from slow gains until he tried isomass. Now he is super confident and excited to workout every day. I personally have been around lifting and supplements for over 20 years and this is one of the most effective products they I have seen for performance increase.

I highly recommend this product especially for strength gains.
      rippedbeast6
        April 5, 2013

Hi guys, this is my first review about a product that ive tried long back.
      Iso mas is a solid product for those who are trying to gain some extra muscles over their bones and also weight.

----------Taste 6.5/10----------
      as this is an ultimate nutrition product its taste is going to be bad and boring. i had the strawberry one and it tasted like a cough syrup.

----------Mixability 7/10----------
      As i said b4 this is an ultimate nutrition product. so its gonna b this way. it really has no blots. mixes in water with no foam which is a plus point. but as u start to gulp this down you can feel the grannuals on your tongue which is too gross, as from first it tastes bad and trust me you dont want this to happen.

----------Effectiveness 9/10----------
      this is the section where this product stands up to the mark. id say over the mark. this is the best mass gainer thats out there. and trust me on that point as i say. i had gained almost 6kgs of lean mass. only if i had taken this product as their servings id have gained over 10kgs. and this is without any boosters or BCAA,s. IT WAS ALL PURE ISO MASS.

----------Profile 9/10----------
      A overall solid profile. salute to ultimate team for that. good amount of BCAA, creatine, omega mass, awessome carbs to protein ratio, what more do we want??

----------Overall 9.5/10----------
      Overall to say this is an solid product tasting terrible and giving you big time results in gaining lean mass, and adding weight widout any real fats.
      • Boosts Energy
      • Thanks And Appriciate It.
      • Disgusting Taste
      • Tastes Terrible
      JMach201
        August 7, 2011

I'm currently on my 3rd tub of Iso-Mass & I have to say when you combine training hard w/ this stuff, you will see great results. I started off at 187 3 months ago & I'm currently weight 205 & I've gained good quality muscle..& not water weight which some other gainers tend to give. The initial smell when you open the canister will throw a lot of people off because it's give of strong fishy odor due to the 5 different fishes in the formula however the taste is the complete opposite. I actually enjoy the "Soft Vanilla Ice Cream" flavor & I usually take it with water. I would definitely recommend mixing it with Powerade Zero or Gatorade as it mixes very well & the taste is phenomenal. I've also had the "Chocolate Milk" flavor which isn't bad but their isn't too many mixing options outside water & milk.

Iso-Mass has everything you need in a gainer with 5 diff. type of proteins from whey isolate, milk Protein Isolate, egg protein isolate, & micellar & beta caseins so you will get the time released quality. You can't go wrong w/ the 7 different types of creatine, 4 types of glutamine, & BCAA's to help you recover faster also. It's loaded with vitamins & omega's so it really can cut cost w/ buying extra supplements.

I usually take 3 to 4 shakes a day & all together & a tub has 30 servings so it can get a little pricey but w/ the results I think it's worth it. All-in-all I would definitely recommend this to anyone who trains hard & wants to put on quality mass.
      • Not Thick
        NewGuy11
          May 14, 2011

This is my first review, and I have yet to complete the entire tub, however I am at least 3/4 full, and I finally have some time, so I figured I'd do it now because who knows if I'll remember to do it another time.

Value:
        I'll start out with value. I got it for free from a friend who could not stand the taste or smell of it. However, based on the value online, I'd say it is pretty average based on what you get and the servings. It's about the same price as Pro-Complex Gainer, however I do believe you probably get more servings in this.

Mixability:
        I'm afraid to just mix it with water/milk and drink it like that. Looks like it would clump up and it smells awful, so I could only imagine the taste. So I mix it with PB, strawberries and a banana. Taste like a PB and J sandwich. So it's drinkable, especially for a weightgainer.

Profile:
        Looks pretty good. I could use some more calories in there, however that's easily done by adding some PB and fruit to it in a blender. Plus the kre alkalyn is definitely very nice. Good amount of complex carbs and protein in there. Serving size is three big scoops, so you have to make a big drink to get all the benefits while covering the taste.

So far I feel like it has worked wonders. I am a pretty hardgainer at this point, however, I have gained a couple of pounds while using this. I use it rather inconsistently because of my work and school schedule, plus I stack it with Jack3d, and Gaspari's Anavite while also drinking other proteins from work throughout the week. However, after a solid workout, the next day I am definitely considerably less sore than I am usually am. So that is definitely a plus, and hopefully a sign that it is working. Plus, I have went from repping 185 with 3 sets of 10, to 205 with 3 sets of 8. I do not know how much of that is this or the other supplements, and just mindset alone, but this is at the very least a solid placebo.

I am going to try Pro-Complex Gainer after I finish the rest of this tub unless the last part of this tub blows me away. But, I can't disagree with a free weightgainer, so if you can find a deal on this, I'd definitely give it a shot.
        • Moderately Bad Taste