Super Gainers Fuel Pro

By: TwinLab

January 16, 2010

I tried Super Gainers Fuel Pro last year. I went through an entire container and gained weight all right. But most of it was fat. I've since decided gainers aren't the best route to go. I depend on whole foods for the carbs and rely on the supplements for protein intake. This product tasted good but the problem was that the recommended servings required so much powder, it was like trying to swallow batter. I don't think, unless you're bodybuilding for hours upon hours a day, that taking the amounts suggested would be beneficial. Way over a thousand calories (with whole milk, approaching 2,000 calories) in one serving doesn't work for me, that's for sure. Plus all that content made me feel bogged down for at least an hour after taking it. And to do it more than once a day plus other supplements and regular meals? Not for me. Of course, others might benefit from this product. But what I ended up doing, is cutting the servings in half and finishing the container that way. Now I stick to supplements with minimal carbs for the most part and certainly with way less than this one has in it. But, then again, like I wrote, perhaps this product might work for some hard gainers and/or someone working out for hours and hours a day. That's why I clicked "Maybe" for the recommended item.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Too Many Calories
  • Toolarge Of Servings

January 16, 2010

Actually, Super Gainers Pro has some great attributes - the amount of vitamins, nutrients and protein is incredible. But it also has a high cholesterol and saturated fat content. And, as mentioned, the high calorie content of one serving... 1,860 calories by itself (would have more calories if you mix it with anything other than water)is, I believe, too many calories to take in at one serving. If anyone takes this, it would probably be best to cut the size of the servings so that the body can process and handle the huge intake of carbs, protein and the resulting insulin rush.
    January 16, 2010

Hey man, i jsut bought this protein shake, but the directions of use are confusing me, im from australia and we dont use oz here, but i did figure that part out. so my question is, how much of the powder do you actually put in with the water. it says 24 oz of water (about 700 ml) and 3 scoops of the powder, but 3 scoops of wat?? because it only came with a scoop which i assume is fore the water only since it has oz and ml written on it
    January 16, 2010

Actually, the scoop is for the protein powder, not for the water (or skim milk or whatever you mix it with). I know it seems a lot, but, yes, that scoop, which is HUGE, is for the powder.

The manufacturer's directions:
    As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving daily preferably within one hour after high intensity exercise. Add 3 level scoops to 3 cups (24 fl oz) of non-fat milk, or 3 cups (24 fl oz) of water. If desired mix in a blender with crushed ice. Serve immediately. For best results, combine with resistance exercise or weight training to promote lean anabolic weight gain.

Now, some people (which I recommend) take those three scoops in three different servings throughout the day. At one time, as the directions suggest, is A LOT of powder. You see the scoop. Think of three of those scoops in one protein shake with 24 ounces of water. Now you see why I wrote in the review that it was almost like trying to swallow batter. So, when you ask three scoops of what, yep, it the scoop that comes with the tub. It's understandable that you thought the scoop was for the water and not the powder. It's a huge scoop, isn't it?
    January 16, 2010

And, since the scoop does have oz and ml levels marked on it, I suppose it is also meant to be used as a measurement for not only the power, but also the water or whatever you mix with the powder. But, again, when the directions mention a scoop, they mean that scoop, which came with the tub.
    January 16, 2010

It is huge lol...jsut one more question...because im a skinny guy who is trying to get big, i started my workout yesterday (weightlifting)...and my workout routine is for 3 days a week (which was recommended for me). so should i only take the drink 3 times a day ONLY on the days i workout?or everyday of the week? which would be better? and thanks for you're help, i really appreciate it.
    January 17, 2010

And would you recommend it with water or milk?
    January 17, 2010

I originally took it with milk, but due to its high calorie content, you might want to take it with water or skim milk. It depends on what your calorie needs are... it actually tastes OK with water since there is so much protein powder even in a third of the serving.
    January 17, 2010

And, regarding your other question, it really depends on what your goals are and how much calorie intake you need to achieve them. If you are trying to bulk, you probably will want to take it every day; not just the days you work out. However, I would break down the servings to 3 times daily rather than taking 3 scoops at once. Not only is it an incredible amount of calories at one time, each serving (3 scoops) contains 100 grams of protein... and I believe it's all whey protein, both isolates and concentrate. That's way too much protein to take at once. Your body can only utilize so much of it in a several-hour span and the body doesn't store it. It'll just get expelled; thus, wasted. Spread the servings out. I'd recommend three times a day. You'll still get the massive calories each 3-scoop serving offers, plus the 100 grams of protein. But your body will more efficiently utilize both the calories and protein and you won't get bloated. Hope that helps.
    January 17, 2010

That helps alot. thanks for you're help :)
    January 17, 2010

You're welcome... glad to be of help.

rb33
  August 28, 2011

this is the first supplement i used about 2 years ago and after i finished a tube all i had was love handles unfortunately.instead of using this one you can get a protein powder and eat loads of oats, peanut butter and white rice.
i dont recommend it.

i dont recommend it.

Pros:
 Cons:
      September 24, 2009

I had great results with this product. Yes, it took a lot of hard work and time at the gym, but i couldn't be more pleased with my results. I was on the P90X workout routine and a decent diet, definitely not strict. Each morning, after a 1.5 hour workout, i would comsume 2/3 serving. there is a lot of everything in this powder, i felt this sufficient and it made the product last longer. over my trial period i consumed only one of the large jugs of powder, using this as my breakfast. About every 3 days i would run on the treadmill for a couple miles, then i was involved in an Ultimate frisbee team, so i had a decent cardio workout.
    As for my results: In 3 weeks i gained 17 pounds. jumping from 162 to 179. Sure i'm not huge, but after such time people began noticing the difference in my mass.
    As for abilities at the gym: I literally doubled or tripled my lifting weight comparing to where i first started.

• laith2x
      September 24, 2009

Hello. as I just noticed your review on this product was the best one. I just bought this product and I'm afraid to use it from all the horrible reviews about fats and calories in this product. I usually work out 2 hours a day 5 days a week. and my weight is 74 KG not sure how much is that in pounds.still its not fail with my Length that is about 184 CM. what do you recommend the best daily intake for me? kindly reply.

July 26, 2009

I gained a good amount of weight from it but alomost all of it was fat. The amount of weight i was doin didnt go up. It jus helped wit puttin poundage on. I didnt rly like it , it sux
    Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.