Ab-Lounge Xtreme

By Tony Little
Ab-Lounge Xtreme Tony Little
7.1/10
(Weighted average based on 2 Reviews)

Ranks #9 of 9 (better than 0%)
in Other Products > Equipment
Dashboard Reviews Related

Gkeezy

Can get a better ab workout with a hand towel

I will make this short and sweet and to the point. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON GARBAGE. If you want to throw your money somewhere, just flush it down the toilet or buy a Unicorn.

These days there are a ton of gimmicks and machines that are supposed to help you get ABS. Electronic Muscle Belts, Ab coasters, AB lounges, etc.. nonsense and utter nonsense... did I mention nonsense? Well lets begin

PRICE: 3/10 - This thing goes for about $230 and you get some DVD's with instructions on how to use it. As if there are different variations to this. There are not... its overly expensive to what it does

CONSTRUCTION: 7/10 - What can I say... ive only used it for stretching purposes.. and not too often. It's also made in China.. so you know... Iphones are also made in China... I think I will leave it at this

EFFECTIVENESS: 5/10 - If you are using this for Stretching only, a 5 is the best I can give it. If you are going to use this for exercise of obliques and abs, can I give it a negative score... let me check?.. No, I guess I cannot.

Look guys, this thing had a good concept however, the resistance is minimal and also it comes with a stupid counter.. that is supposed to count how many times you do the crunch.. however, it basically counts on every movement... oh and you cant turn it off unless you take the batteries out.. It honestly ***ed me the F OFF!

OVERALL: 4/10 - Its a nice paperweight I guess, also it does work well for stretching out your core muscles after an intense AB workout with something else...

Would I recommend this to others ? Yea sure... so I don't feel like a sucker on wasting over $200 on this alone...

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good For Stretching
  • Might Be Comfortable For New Sexual Positions.. Who Knows
  • Does Nothing
  • Overrated
  • Bad Rep

Meuth

Posted May 31, 2013
I used an ab lounge for quite some time but not this expensive version. I had it sitting by my car in the garage and hit it before I went to work every morning. It gave me a great burn and cramped my stomach up good. If anyone wants to get one, I suggest going to craigslist and getting one that someone bought and never used at a discounted price.

Posted May 31, 2013
Meuth how dare you deny people from getting a unicorn... just how dare you... ;)

Posted May 31, 2013
I have a broken beach chair that gives you the same workout.

SoCal exactly!!

chefneilde

Posted May 31, 2013
I've got my wifes ab circle pro for sale if you're interested. It's only been used a few times. You'll love it, only $200.

Posted June 1, 2013
Hahah chef :(

lava135

Posted June 1, 2013
I want a unicorn :(

thedan

I dont know if it is this exact ab lounge but they are all built the same way

Ive had one of these for about a year. I dont know if it is this exact ab lounge but they are all built the same way. Despite what i and most people Originally thought you CAN get a really good ab workout using one of these. The key is to make sure you isolate your abs and let them do all of the work. Alot of newbies use their back and legs to complete the motions and then complain that the machine doesnt work. But it does. Do not get the wrong idea, this is no miracle machine it simply assists you in keeping proper form while doing crunches/ sit ups. The reason why i would recommend this product is because it takes alot of strain off of your back, helps maintain great form and also it is a little more fun to use than just laying on the ground and doing regular sit ups so there is a bit of a motivational factor. There is a DVD that came with mine, this is good for beginners and provides some basic concepts for different abdominal workouts. After a while you may be able to expirament and find new techniques to use. I payed $80 Canadian for mine at a local fitness store. I literally spent more than that on protein today so i think it was well worth the money.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decreases Chance Of Injury
  • Bad Rep

Posted August 26, 2010
Wow. Props for finding one of these actually helpful.