Home > Categories > Vitamins > Anti-Oxidants > Sundown Naturals > Milk Thistle Xtra

Sundown Naturals Milk Thistle Xtra

Milk Thistle Xtra Sundown Naturals
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (1 Review)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)
LOWEST Prices for Milk Thistle Xtra (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
5.98 Buy Milk Thistle Xtra Thousands of Supplements! Buy Milk Thistle Xtra
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

NOW Omega 3-6-9 Reviews
Omega 3-6-9 (2 Reviews)
PrimaForce Cissus Reviews
Cissus (2 Reviews)
Vibrant Health Joint Vibrance Reviews
Joint Vibrance (1 Review)
Athletic Xtreme Athletes Joint Restore Reviews
Athletes Joint Restore (26 Reviews)
9.3

Products in the same category:

Vibrant Health Green Vibrance Reviews
Green Vibrance (12 Reviews)
9.3
Purus Labs Organ Shield Reviews
Organ Shield (6 Reviews)
AI Sports Nutrition Magic Matcha Reviews
Magic Matcha (5 Reviews)
Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Greens Reviews
Orange OxiMega Greens (3 Reviews)

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Milk Thistle Xtra Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Milk Thistle Xtra Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Convenient (1)
    • Good Value (1)
    • Could Have Better Dosing (1)
    Have you used Milk Thistle Xtra? Submit your own Review!
    January 4, 2012

FlashSunday

Reviews: 77

Age: 23

January 4, 2012
     This is a product that is useful for everyone, especially those running prohormone cycles. It allows you to supplement proper cycle support very conveniently, because for those of us that work, proper dosage spacing for PH’s and cleansers is hard to come by. I have used this product on a number of cycles, taking my ph dose first thing in the morning, followed by two caps of Milk Thistle Xtra at lunch, my second Ph dose 4-5 hours later, and more Milk Thistle Xtra toward nighttime in addition to cycle assist which I take when I can.

--------------------Taste10/10-----------------------------------

Since these are caps they have no general flavor to them. Also, they do not product any noticeable aftertaste whatsoever and I have never had any “burps” from them either.

---------------------Effectiveness / Convenience 9/10-------------------------

This is the type of product that you have to judge the effectiveness of by what you don’t feel rather than what you do feel. While using prohormone compounds, especially Superdrol, which is very hepa-toxic, since using this product on a regular basis on top of my existing cycle assist, I did feel like there was a noticeable effect on how I felt, my energy levels, and side effects like back pumps, which I can attribute in part to this product.

The convenience of this product is a major reason you should get it. Since it comes in capsules instead of needing to scoop them out, you can easily keep them in a Ziploc bag in your pocket while at work and dose them when necessary in accordance with your PH dosing schedule.

-----------------------------Content 7/10--------------------------------

Silymarin, 192 mg

XTRA Premium Blend® 560 mg
    Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) (root) **
    Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) (seed) **
    Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) (root)

This provides Milk Thistle plus a little extra. Dandelion root is used as a liver and bile detoxifier, common effective dosage is 250mg extract and 2-8 grams dandelion root. Fennel might be effective for treating hypertension, which would possibly help decrease blood pressure which sometimes becomes an issue on cycle. As far as licorice goes, I couldn’t really find anything positive that would warrant its addition. If anyone can shed light on this please let me know.

The reason I gave this a 7/10 is purely the effective dosage of the milk thistle and “extra”. In all actuality you can dose this however you want, its not gonna kill you to take 10 servings of milk thistle, but the proportion of milk thistle to dandelion root is way off. You would need at least 8 servings to get an effective dose of dandelion and way less to get an effective dosage of the milk thistle. A little more research and planning could go in to making this a great product.

------------------------Price/ value 10/10-----------------------------------

The price of this product is also a major contributing factor when looking at milk thistle products in general. I usually keep my eye out for sales at my local grocery store and score this product Buy one get one free. The most recently I did this, I ended up paying 6.00 for 2 bottles of this! That is a total of 60 servings for 6.00! You can easily supplement your cycle assist for .20-.30 cents a day and that my friends is well worth it.

Overall, this is my favorite add-on to my cycle assist regimen, it is cheap, costing no more that a few dollars for a whole cycle, and its as convenient to pick up as going to the grocery store. As far as ingredient profile I would say it’s about average or a little above, but in terms of price and convenience, this product knocks a lot of others out of the park.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Convenient
    • Could Have Better Dosing
    Reply #1:
    nofatchix
    nofatchix

Joined: 9/2011
    Reviews: 10
    Reputation: +420
    how did you feel? did you stack this with anything? did it make your stronger? what was your pct like? i hope you took a SERM while you were on milk thistle. your review is not descriptive at all flash. very disappointed :/ .haha! +rep!

Have you used Milk Thistle Xtra? Submit your own Review!