Lipolyze

By: Species Nutrition

Alright, this is review 2 of 3 on the products that SPECIES NUTRITION sent me via the expert reviewers program. Just to be clear this is not a review for the original Lipolyze, but rather Lipolyze e2 without USNIC ACID, which is a controversial ingredient that some find to be dangerous. I'm not going to comment on it other than this is the newer formula that does not contain it.

Ingredient Profile:

Irvingia Gabonesis (African Mango)100 mg
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 100 mg *
Oleic Acid 50% 50 mg *
Guggulsterone Z and Gugglesterone E 95% 10 mg

An explanation of the ingredients can be found here:

Basically this is a non-stim fat-burner/appetite suppressant, which is great because most fat-burners overkill with stims. This is a product targeted to those who are not stim-friendly and those products are few and far between compared to stimulant-dependent fat burners.

-------------Effectiveness (7/10)------------

I am splitting this into two parts. Weight loss and appetite suppression.

Weight loss 5/10: Taking 5 caps a day, I only took this for a total of 18 days. During the first 10 days I did not change my diet or exercise routine and I lost no weight whatsoever. On the last 8-10 days taking this I followed a slow-carb diet and dropped 5-6 lbs. So what does this tell you? Diet has way more to do with weight loss than popping pills. Did this product have an effect? Possibly, but I cant say for sure.

Appetite Suppression 9/10: This is the aspect of this product that impressed me the most. Even though I was taking other products, the effects of this particular product were apparent, because from the first dose to the last, this product crushed my appetite. I didn't feel hungry in between meals and and didn't feel like eating as much. Even when I wasn't following a "diet" so to speak, regular portions seemed like too much, so if you are trying to diet and eat less I can definitely recommend this product to help reinforce your willpower.

----------------Price (5/10)-----------------

This product is a bit expensive. You can find a bottle for 35 bucks online, which doesn't look bad off the bat, but when its suggested to take between 3-5 caps a day that ends up only lasting you between 18-30 days. In my experience, I liked the results from this product at 5 a day, I might try fewer to save some money and product, but I generally stick with the high end of the recommendation, especially with a non stim fat burner like this.

---------------Overall(6/10)-----------------

Even though my final ranking is a 6, this is more because of the cost factor above anything else. Having to pay possibly $70 bucks for a little over a months supply is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. I did really enjoy the fact that this is a non-stim fat burner and that it had very effective appetite suppression abilities. Also, the change in diet reflected the biggest change in effectiveness, so with proper diet and exercise I think this product can be used effectively, but whether it is worth the price tag is up to you.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Appetite Suppression
  • No Stimulants

• kris65
      April 6, 2012

Nice Review Flash!

this product was ok at best. i bought this because i loved species Isolyze. this was a nice change from thermogenics and stimulant fatburners but i was a little disappointed because about a month after i bought it from a local supp store i found out that the one i have is the older formula, they have a newer "evolved" formula. needless to say i wont be going back there. anyway heres my review.

profile=9 ok i gave this...

profile=9 ok i gave this a high mark because i like the indrediants here. 20ui of vitamin e, 500mg carnitne(great stuff imo), 300mg of greentea extract, 12mg of usnic acid, 10mg of guggulsterone z, and c-amp 2mg. this is per pill x3 pills a day. the newer evolved formula has less carnitine, a different acid, and another item that i dont remember.

price=6 eh i bought it for 50 bucks but u can find it for around 43 online. but still this is way to expensive for what it is. i mean u could almost go to Vitamin Shoppe and buy the ingrediants yourself.

energy=5
    thermogenisis=5 i put this just to put this, as this product was not intended to give u neither one. but this did not go into my overall stats.

weightloss=7 this was ok i took this over the holidays and got somewhat decent results but it was hard to tell. but id say around 3lbs.

this product is taken one pill at a time 3x a day. again im a little disappointed by this product but i would recommend this to people who are a little sensitive to stims or dont like thermogenics. but only in those cases. again i cant speak for the newer formula but this can be made at home for 3x the amount for the cost of this product.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Stimulants

• Manimal
        January 4, 2011

Dave Palumbo and Species nutrition have been under the gun recently mostly because of this product and the use of Usnic Acid.

Last I heard, they were going to court for a lawsuit because Lipolyze and Somalyze both contained Usnic Acid and caused liver failure; one patient getting an actual transplant. Palumbo said they were planning to either discontinue the whole line or reformulate the whole line, depending on it's reputation after the lawsuit. Either way, Bodybuilding.com refuses to carry their supplements anymore.

Just throwing that out there for you guys. Sounds like Dave went with the reformulation, according to bignastyrico.

Nice review man.

• bignastyrico
        January 4, 2011

Thanks, well that explains why species wasnt on bb.com when i tried to order huh. well im also taking artholyze and about to review it.
      • Manimal
        January 4, 2011

Yea man, I guess this stuff was pretty dangerous. How did you feel while on it?
      • bignastyrico
        January 4, 2011

Ok i guess, there was one week where i got the runs pretty badly but i cant pinpoint if it was this supp or not. i guess its the bad part of always trying different supps

Worked ok, but not the results I was looking for.
      Not bad for a NON-STIMULANT fat burner. But not ass effective as I thought it would be.
      Worked ok, but not the results I was looking for.
       Cons:
      Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.