October 6, 2012
This is one of the best regular multies.
And when I say "regular", I mean that it's a product not specialized, that it can be taken all year long and that it doesn't have special blends of herbs, aminos, enzymes etc.
This is not necesserily bad, since many herbs are not meant to be taken constantly. I always prefer to take herbs separately and for specific time, in order to control what goes into my system and when I need it.
Returning to Life Force, it's a qualitative multivitamin. And this is why;
1. Vitamin A in two forms (b-carotene and palmitate) in order to increase chances of absorption.
2. Vitamin C, 500 mg, in two forms again.
3. Vitamin D3 (the most active form of D), 1000 IU.
4. Vitamin E 200 IU plus blend of tocotrienols and gamma-E complex. This is quite important, since vitamin E is in fact a complex of 8 components (4 tocopherols - 4 tocotrienols) and taking only a-tocopherol, although it's the most active form, can lead to deficinecies of the other 7, especially gamma-tocopherol.
5. B-complex vitamins in good amounts and forms, such as P5P and methylcobalamin (enzymatic forms of B6 and B12). Most of today's multies provide these vitamins as pyridoxine and cyanocobalamin, which are not readily utilized and chances of absorption are lower.
6. Good forms and reasonable amounts of minerals. Give focus here, there are not oxide or sulfate forms, which are cheap and have poor rates of absorption. Intsead, there are chelate forms in order, again, to be ultilized from your body better.
7. There are also inositol and choline at good doses, plus various things that although I don't think that make a huge difference, some of them like quercetin, NAC, MSM, turmeric etc, are good additions. After all it's a multi, so what really matters is the basics, vitamins and minerals.
One drawback I find at Life Force, is the absence of vitamin K2. I hope that Source Naturals will add it during the next re-formulation of this product. Until then, I suggest to add some K2 separately.
All in all, this is a well-balanced multi that will provide you what you really need in good forms and doses. It's not perfect (but then again, what is "perfect"?) but it's better that many well-known (and hyped) multies.
Try this and see the results. Thumb up.
- Good Forms Of Vitamins And Minerals
- No Underdosed Blends
- The Company Has Good Reputation
- Adequate Levels Of Vital Nutrients
- Wide Variety Of Ingredients
- High Quality Constituents
- Highly Bio-available Forms Of Nutrients
- Increased Energy