Professional Strength N.O. Fury

By Six Star
Professional Strength N.O. Fury Six Star
6.1/10
(Weighted average based on 21 Reviews)

Ranks #153 of 161 (better than 5%)
in Pre-Workout > Stimulant
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

joeflah13

I felt a bit more energy

DISCLAIMER: I would never ever buy this product regularly but I happened to get a few free samples from Vitaminshoppe and decided to actually use the samples instead of using them as paper weights. The sample pack I got had 3 servings in it, meaning that there was 60 g of "active" ingredients in it. I already dislike the product because it's an affiliate to Muscle Tech, and I nearly broke out in laughter after I turned the packet around and say the very first ingredient in their "VasoForce" blend is Maltodextrine... Yeah, lets stock up on that pump-inducing table sugar! Come on, give me a break, the only thing you'll get from that is an insulin spike. I scanned the packet fully and had trouble sounding out all of the 17 syllable words that were in there. It had a bunch of different creatines I've never heard of, and their "IonShock" blend had some of the longest words ive ever seen. I did see some l-glutamine, citrulline AKG, aminos, tyrosine, Beta Alanine, caffeine, and straight up L-Arginine, which was a decent couple ingredients thrown in there. But, there was no L-Arginine AKG, the one that actually works, and there were a bunch of aminos bonded to AKGs and HCLs and Malates that I've never seen bonded before. Acetyl-L-Carnitine-L-Arginine and L-Isoleucine Ethyl Ester HCL were a bit confusing. I know that aminos, arginine, and carnitine work in their regular form, I just have no idea how they work bonded, and I can't give Six Star the benefit of the doubt here. Skimmed a bit more and saw a truckload of dyes and fillers at the end INCLUDING Aspartame, another reason why I'd never recommend this. Sure it's $20 a tub but your poisoning yourself every serving. Anyways, when I opened the packet to pour and mix it, I found it took a long time to fully mix together... or so I thought. When I drank it, it tasted like cough syrup without the thickness and there were huge clumps at the bottom that I had to chew. It was gross. I took it immediatley prior to my preworkout cardio and by the time I hit the weights I felt a bit more energy than a few cups of coffee (which was surprisingly good for this product) and was DEFINATLEY more focused. Took it on a leg day so I can't really vouch for the vascularity. No flushed face but my ears got a bit red. To my surprise, I did feel the beat alanine tingle a bit, but then again I took 3 servings (which is how they get you, they put 3 in a packet, you take the whole packet, feel great, go by the tub and it only has 20 or so single serving scoops and then your screwed because your body has already taken in 3 servings at one time and is building an immunity to it. Ahh, marketing) Speaking on the price, $20 for 23 servings, can't go wrong there, but Jack3d is very comprably priced and is a much better product. In conclusion, it doesn't stack up to any of the elite preworkouts on a single serving basis and I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone REGARDLESS of how it works for you because of the various fillers, dyes, and aspartame. I'd also venture to say your body would get immune to this quite quickly because the main stimulant is caffeine, and A LOT of it. Then again, can't expect much more from our buddies at MuscleTech.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Decent Pump
  • Underdosed
  • Horrible Mixability

Zero improved focus, felt jittery

Results: Zero improved focus, felt jittery, felt very tired after spending an hour and a half trying to mix it into a bottle of water...still had to suck down a few lumps of unmixed insanely sweet balls of gritty slime.

Taste: Extremely sweet

Sides: Excellent laxative, jitters,...

Taste: Extremely sweet

Sides: Excellent laxative, jitters, sporadic weakness, loss of focus

BSN NO-Xplode Nitro Shots make N.O. Fury look like a shot of diet club soda compared with a Venti Iced Coffee from Starbucks with a couple extra shots of espresso as far as it's effectiveness. Leave this stuff on the walmart shelves where it belongs. It might appear cheap in price, but you get nothing for the money accept for a bit of a sugar rush. However, if you got yourself all clogged up from eating too many cheese hot dogs on the 4th of July or mom's home made cheesecake has your colon stopped up, take a triple dose of this N.O. Fury and you'll be cleaned out in no time. This is nearly as "evacuative" as Superdump from Gaspari...only without any of the benefits of having a good workout.

I highly don't recommend this product. It was difficult to complete and entire container of this stuff in order to qualify as a reviewer.

Pros:
Cons:
    • Sugar High Only
    • Awful Profile
    • Horrible Mixability
    • Too Sweet

I only recommend this if you want to try it out for cheap

Another cheap supplement that I wanted to try out since it's only $20 at wal-mart. Well, any way when I took this as directed I got little to no pumps at all and my stomach didn't like it either. I felt bloated and it made me burp a lot.

Dosage 5/10 – One to two scoops depending on...

Dosage 5/10 – One to two scoops depending on your tolerance in 4-8oz of water. But here is where it gets a lower rating because it does not mix very well. Leaves slimy chunks behind after you drink it, and I have to add more water to try and finish it off. The taste isn't bad it's sweet, there are much worse things and it wouldn't bother me if were actually a decent product.

Effectiveness 3/10 - Eh, I got a little pump sometimes that's why I rate this at a three. I'm not sure why but sometimes I just felt no pump at all. They list the ingredients on the container as a proprietary blend so you don't really know how much of what they are putting into it.

Value 3/10 – Maybe it might be good for someone who has never taken a N.O. booster before, but I won't be purchasing this again.

Overall 3/10 - I only recommend this if you want to try it out for cheap because while it didn't work for me it may work for you.

Pros:
    Cons:
      • Little To No Pumps At All
      • Horrible Mixability

I would recommend this for beginners but that's all

I used this for about a month when I was just starting to take pre-workout supplements. My biggest pro is that it's convenient to buy since you can get it at most Wal-Marts and supermarkets.
      At the time I would...
      At the time I would have sworn by it but now after having used SuperPump250 and NO-Xplode all I can say is that if this is "Professional Strength," then I don't even want to know how underpowered the non-professional strength would be assuming it even exists. Even never having taken a PWO before that time I needed 2-3 scoops to feel anything. Considering that it comes in a 14 serving tub, the value on this is pretty poor. One tub may be cheaper but you'll erase the savings with the number of times you'll need to stock up compared to other PWO's
      Mixability was similarly low and the taste was below average at best. The results were modest. I would recommend this for beginners but that's all.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Ok Pump
      • Underdosed
      • Horrible Mixability

Posted January 3, 2011
      Just for full accuracy, there are larger tubs available online but if your're buying online anyway you should choose something else.

Posted January 3, 2011
      Sorry to blow up the replies on my own review but just one more bit of info on this is that Bodybuilding.com has stopped carrying this product.

DJBME

Medium Result

Medium Result 20 lbs. more on my bench
      10 on my curl
      Gives me Upset stomach
      Taste NOT as good as some but not as bad as most
      I am curently Taking
      1 a day viatams Fish Oil Body...

• Horrible Mixability

I've used this when I first started using NO2, it's pretty good for a cheap supplement. You build tolerance to it pretty quickly though, I've had a little bit of dizziness but I'm pretty sure that was a caffeine buzz. It dont mix too well, the taste is tolerable (kinda like battery acid :P), gives a bit of energy. No stomach problems with this one surprisingly, I usually get an upset stomach from NO2 supplements, but not this one. I'd recommend this for someone just starting out or who wants to try out NO2.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Decent Pump

tree

I'll probably not try this product again.

Picked up a bottle of this for under $15 dollars at Wal-mart.

Effectiveness: 6

Picked up a bottle of this for under $15 dollars at Wal-mart.

Effectiveness: 6

Decent pump, on par with he other NO booster I've tried (NO Explode, Assault, some others), but towards the end of the bottle, I guess I got used to it. The first time gave me tons of energy, I was doing all kinds of extra sets... but by the end, it kinda just felt like a cup of coffee. Not bad, but I wanted that coked-out lift-til-I-die type feeling. Maybe I should have just upped the dose.

Taste: N/A

The other reviews of this product mention a terrible taste and mixability... perhaps this is why Six Star started making it in pill form. Anyway, I got the pills, took three before each workout.

Value: 6

value might be higher if you can find it on sale like I did, but generally, another PWO that's a little more spendy will probably serve you better.

Overall: 6

Like I said, if its' dirt cheap, go for it. otherwise, drop a few extra bucks on something a little more recognized and respected. I'll probably not try this product again.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Decent Pump
      • Tolerance

s9386

Definitely effective and does what it says

First review, hope it doesn't suck!

First review, hope it doesn't suck!

This product caught my eye at Walmart a few months ago while I was looking for a multi vitamin. I wasn't very familiar with any pre workout supplements at that time, but since I work pretty long days, the thought of a little Boost to get me to the gym a little bit easier intrigued me. I was a little skeptical about taking it though, because memories of using NO2 in high school were all I could think of when I read the label. That stuff made me feel like smashing the walls down in my house, and I wasn't really looking forward to feeling like that again. I ended up buying it though, and I was for the most part satisfied with my results.

Effectiveness – 7
      Definitely effective and does what it says. Noticed my heart rate elevated a little bit while doing cardio, but I might attribute that to the fact that I wasn't in the greatest shape when I started using the stuff. It made me pretty jittery when I first started taking it, but that got better as I got used to taking it.

Taste – 8
      The tub I bought was fruit punch flavored, and I thought it was pretty tasty. I used a spoon to mix it with water, and it mixed pretty well.

Value – 6
      Its convenient because they sell it at Walmart, and probably cheaper than any pre workout at GNC if they don't have a sale going on, but obviously if you're not in a pinch for money you can get something like jack3d for a couple dollars more over the internet.

Overall – 6
      Despite the fact that I have for the most part positive things to say about this supplement, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you were broke that week and were out of your pre workout supplement. If I hadn't tried any other pre workout supplements since this one, I would swear by this product, but after taking jack3d, N.O. Xplode, and a couple others, I realized that there's probably a reason this stuff is sold at Walmart.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Pretty Tasty
      • Elevated Heart Rate
      • Jitters
      • Awful Profile

It works decent for what it is

This was the first pre-work out drink I tried. It works decent for what it is, widely available. The main problem i had with it is the second jug wouldn't mix well at all. With that being said its decent over all.

• Ok Pump

jed2140

If you want to be jittery and have intense workouts but...

here's the deal. It depends upon what you like for boost. If you want to be jittery and have intense workouts but not sleep till 3 in the morning than this is your stuff. My lady likes it but her eyes bounce around like a flag in the wind. I however realize how much sugar is in this product and other questionable ingredients, so there my end up being some tyroid issues down the road.
      I would go for a cleaner product but a full scoop 30 min before the gym will get your freak on. More intensity for me than Jacked but with a dirtier feeling

• Too Sweet