TROOP CP

This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Xtend

Xtend (Old Formula) Reviews

By: SciVation

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Xtend (Old Formula) is a BCAA manufactured by SciVation. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with Xtend
INGREDIENTS (6)
THIS PRODUCT

3.5g
CATEGORY AVG

3.0g

One of the 3 Branched Chain Amino Acids that is responsible for stimulating muscle protein synthesis (MPS).

THIS PRODUCT

2.5g
CATEGORY AVG

2.4g

A much beloved amino acid supplement widely regarded for its ability to improve recovery and boost performance.

COMPARE SIMILAR

thatswild
  August 20, 2012

Value 9/10
90 7.5 gram servings for 55 dollars at my local shop

Effectiveness 9/10
4 grams of leucine, 2.5 of both isovaline and valine, 2.5 citrulline malate, and 2 glutamine. I took during every workout and it proved to be very effective. I could pump out more reps than normal and also it helps you not waste muscle while lifting very hard, especially while cutting.

Taste 9/10
Watermellon taste was great, mixology was fine, bcaa is very hard to mix and scivation did a great job mixing this

Overall 10/10
Everyone needs BCAA and if you aren't taking you are missing out. Helps recovery, prevents catabolism, increases muscle and tastes good!
    PumpEatPump
      August 7, 2012

Took this stuff all day. As I mentioned, I stacked a ton of supps (read dpol review for info on my stack).

I took this every single workout and every night before bed. Every serving is 7.5 grams of BCAA and citrulline malate essentially. There is a little glutamine in there as well.

90 servings was about 60 bucks so it is fairly pricey but in my opinion a must if you are lifting hard.

BCAA helps lower cortisol levels and even helps aid in neurotransmitter recovery after heavy heavy sessions. It also cuts out catabolism and helps keep you in an anabolic state especially while cutting. Drinking BCAA before meals also increases protein synthesis

Ovearall9/10
    It's hard to say how effective it is because there are no immediate results but this stuff is great. Taste was amazing. I got the watermellon flavor. Throw this intra workout and you will notice a slight difference in recovery and endurance.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Shortens Recovery Time
    • Tastes Good
    • Supports Lean Muscle
    • Great Bcaas
    • Containers Go Quick
    RegohMerl
      June 12, 2012

Ok for my first review, I felt I had to give it to Xtend.

Seeing as it has great reviews, I decided to give this product a shot...so here goes

Taste: The first time I tried it, I felt the taste was a bit too strong. Kind of sweet and chemically-ish...if that explains much. Over time though, the taste was something I was looking forward to and actually started to enjoy drinking this while working-out. I chose Green Apple Explosion for flavor. :)

Mixing: I had no problem mixing Xtend. For most cases, I would add one scoop into my mixer cup first, then added water, followed by GENTLY shaking it(sideways jack-off motion.)

Effectiveness: I was always a bit sketchy with BCAAs and taking them....wondering if I'm just wasting my money on an over-hyped product, but it appears as if it was helping.
    I've recently finished taking this about a week ago and I noticed that I've been a lot more sore since.

Value: I think this product is great, however....the price is a turn off so I can't say that I would personally add this as a staple to my stack considering the amount of servings it has. The last week I was taking Xtend, I was taking half scoops just to make it last and the week before that I got picky on when I would take full scoops.

Example: Legs, arms, back, chest = full scoop
    Shoulders/traps, abs = half scoop

Overall: I recommend this product if you can gather up the cash for it. I'll be sure to get more Xtend in the future, just not as much as I'd like to.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Shortens Recovery Time
    • Tastes Good
    • Supports Lean Muscle
    • Great Bcaas
    • Containers Go Quick
    • A Very Chemically/artificial Flavor
    • Expensive When Used As Directed
    GodofSerbia1
      May 1, 2012

Overall I think this is one of the better valued BCAA products out there. My only con "Containters go too quick" is because I love this stuff and find it very beneficial to take a lot. I take 1 scoop before, 2 scoops during, and 1 scoop after each workout. This helps keep me in a constant state of anabolism and fights off catabolism, even when muscle glycogen and calories are depleted.

Ingredient Profile 10/10 (13 gram scoops)
    Here are the important ingredients and doses
    L-Leucine 3500mg
    L-Glutamine 2500mg
    L-Isoleucine 1750mg
    L-Valine 1750mg
    Citrulline Malate (1:1) 1000mg

As you can see above, each scoop gives you about 7 grams of BCAA and 2.5 g of glutamine. The proportions are great, as leucine (the most anabolic of the three BCAA is dosed highest.

I bought 90 servings of lemonade sour for 54.99 on bodybuilding.com This comes down to about .60 cents a dose. This isn't as cheap as I would like but beats most BCAA products which are about .60 cents per scoop for 5 grams of just BCAA alone.

Taste: 10/10
    Lemonade Sour was the bomb! Taste was amazing flat out

Mixology: 10/10
    I would pour the BCAA into my shaker cup with some water and poof, dissolved.

This is one of those products again that is very hard to tell how effective it is. I was working out extremely hard while taking this and I want to say it helped me a good amount. I was on a cut during this phase so energy is always going to be a little lower than normal but I feel that Xtend gave me that extra edge I needed.

Cons:
    Really the only negative thing about this product is although it tastes amazing, all that flavor comes from unhealthy sweeteners. Not a big deal for me

Overall 9/10
    All in all this is a great product. The value was very competitive, I have only seen a few companies that beat the value (their product is worse though). I give this a two thumbs up and highly recommend to everyone that takes training seriously to maximize what you get out of each session by taking at least 5 g pre, 5 grams intra, and 5 grams post workout of BCAA along with 10 grams of glutamine post workout. There are plenty studies that prove its effectiveness.

Fair and Honest,
    SonofSerbia1
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Shortens Recovery Time
    • Tastes Good
    • Supports Lean Muscle
    • Mixed Great
    • Containers Go Quick
    • A Very Chemically/artificial Flavor
    sammyd1337
      April 16, 2012

Just going to do a short review seeing as there are plenty of others out there.

Taste:

The orange tastes great. If you like fanta or anything orange, ull love this. Taste much better in cold water and i could drink it all day everyday.Only downside i noticed was as i got to the bottom of the tub the taste started to be different. Not sure if moisture got in or something else happened, but the first 3/4 of the tub tasted great.

Mixability:
    As always, mixes great, leaves virtually nothing floating in it. It does rarely, but they aren't very noticable and have no bad taste.

Value:

I work in a supp shop in australia, so a 90 serve for me goes for about $50, whereas normal retail is 79.95. Even the 79.95, isnt to bad for the 90 serves, but $50 for a tub makes it and easy purchase.

effectiveness:

The biggest difference i can notice is the day after leg day. It would always take 5-7 days to fully recover from a big leg session. When i first started taking xtend it gave me a placebo effect as during that first session i pushed harder than i ever had. I was extremely sore the next day, but by day 3, i was fully recovered and good to go. i noticed that it often took a little longer to take effect, but when it did my recovery time was cut in half basically. I cant do legs anymore without using it. i like to be able to walk a few days during the week :)

Conclusion:

Taste great, mixes well, and deffinately improves recovery. A good staple to have in your stack
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Shortens Recovery Time
    • Tastes Good
    • Great Bcaas
    • Mixed Great
    • Containers Go Quick
    • Taste Is Addicting
    wreckedbig
      March 21, 2012

Value - 8/10 - I bought a 1188g tub for $50 bucks from vitaminfix.com and got free shipping so it wasn't bad. I use 2 scoops during any intense workout so it lasted a little bit longer than using it everyday. I started with 1 scoop and then went to 1 1/2 and now am at 2 full scoops. Recommended is 1 or 2 full scoops, but the 2 scoops worked fine for me. Because this product works so well you will find that you want to use more which depending on how many scoops you use can get pricey.

Effectiveness : 10/10 - This is the only staple that I use in every intense workout. I drank about 10 mins prior to working out and during the workout as well. When I first took it I felt a slight energy burst but that went away after the 3rd day. If I upped the dosage I would probably feel that energy again but I let my pre-workout handle the enegry aspect ya know! This stuff works. There is no other thing that really matters when taking supplements and if you like to workout so you hurt like hell the next two days, then this is for you! I like to push myself and on days when I didn't take Xtend oh how did my body hate me in the morning! When I add Xtend to the mix I felt a lil sore in the areas that I worked on, but the good sore that I didn't even remember maxing out in the gym. You just feel like your girlfriend punched you in the arm (replace area you worked on here) 50 times in the same place. It hurts but only when you move it a certain way.
    Taste: 9/10 - Tastes like Raspberry Blue medicine water. Not a bad taste but not a sweet taste. It mixes ok with some frothy white at the top. After awhile things settle to the bottom as with most BCAAs. Shake it up and drink it down and you will be fine. I find it easier to drink when I feel really parched because you just guzzle it down. Once it is done then water for me. Nothing too bad though you actually kinda enjoy drinking this.
    Overall - 10/10 : Overall I would recommend this product because if you like to workout til you hurt for the next few days, this will let you recover faster. Which lets you add more weights and try to get that wonderful pump that we all love so much. If my muscles don't ache then I am not working them hard enough. If you don't have Scivation Xtend in your workout bag then you suck. Or like pain waaaay to much...
    JohnBouchell
      February 2, 2012

I love this product.

Scivation has several good products out and this might be the best all around in my opinion. I prefer the Watermelon Madness flavor and I swear you can even taste the rind in this stuff!

Okay, this is an INTRA-workout supplement and you need it in your Polar or Camelback when you are working out.

The taste is great and considering how packed (7,000 mg per serving) it is with BCAAs that's saying a lot.

The quality really shows up it the mix-ability where even in cold water it mixes nicely. (If you get the amino-foam just let it settle a second.)

The cost is a bit high initially until you break it down in to workout sessions and then realize what even a 'gatorade' type of product would cost you. The 90 serving tub is your best bet.

If you haven't looked at the ingredients you should take a look: L-Glutamine, Citrulline, elctrolytes, no sugar or carbs, B6, and of course a butt-load of aminos. It even has 3.5 gms of L-Leucine per serving (to help with protein synthesis). The quantity of the active ingredients is effective - not just a token splash.

I use two scoops (two servings) in a 24oz bottle and add water to it every time it gets about two-thirds empty.

All and all I would say this is about as good as it gets for an intra-workout drink. Modern BCAAs is the only other consideration for me.

Try it - you'll like it.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Shortens Recovery Time
    • Tastes Good
    • Supports Lean Muscle
    • Great Bcaas
      mempp9
        December 27, 2011

I wasn't sure about how this product would really work, but it absolutely lived up to it's name! I bought a small size off of Amazon for $20, and I felt results immediately. I had just started Kris Gethin's 12 Week Workout, so I was pretty sore, but Xtend almost completely eliminated my soreness. It's a great product!

Mixability (7/10): I mix this in a Gatorade water bottle, and I found that it is best to fill the bottle up halfway and then shake it, and then fill it up the rest of the way. There is a bit of a film when you first start to mix it, but it ends up mixing well.

Taste (8/10): I have tried Blue Raspberry and Grape and I liked them both, although I think Blue Raspberry was a little better. Even with the new formula, the flavors are good.

Effectiveness (9/10): This product is almost magical. I went from barely being able to walk down the stairs or lift my arms, to feeling almost nothing the next day. On days that I still feel minimal soreness, I'll sip some Xtend throughout the day. I did some very hardcore leg exercises and I would feel like I could do it all over again the next day after taking Xtend.

Value (7/10): This is a little pricey, but it's worth it to me. I wisht that it was available in larger tubs, so it lasted longer, but that's my only major complaint.

Overall (9/10): If you're willing to spend a little money and try a great product, then I highly recommend this. I don't think that this is a super necessary product, but if you want to add something to your stack, then be sure to keep this in mind. If I ever feel sore, it is always very minimal and my recovery time is greatly reduced. This is a great product that could help those that suffer from soreness during brutal pre-season workouts, etc.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Shortens Recovery Time
      • Tastes Good
      • Ok Mixability
      • Expensive When Used As Directed
      gms585
        October 17, 2011

Hands down the best tasting sup ever. I got this to try a BCAA product while trying to do some recomping. I got the big 90 serving container of grape. I tried it pre workout, intra, post and just in the middle of the day throughout the tub. Here's how I boil it down.

Taste: (10/10) I've herd people say like jolly rancher and so forth. Closest thing to the grape is vitamin water formula 50. This stuff tastes amazing. If muscle milk can have premade drinks in stores so to should this product be premade in stores.

Value: (8/10) It is a little on the costly side, but some sites have 90 servings for around $40 which isn't that bad. The fact that it tastes better then some store bought juice mixes and yet has an excellent BCAA profile makes up for the cost.

Mixability: (8/10) Not spoon mixable, but in a shaker no problem. After a couple minutes of just sitting it gets a brown cloud of aminos in the bottom. So if your using it intra and letting in sit a lot just give it a quick pump before sipping. I here the new formula has fixed this to some degree.

Effectiveness: (9/10) Although many say other aminos are better for recovery I found much better recovery from using this product. Also when used intra it gave me a bit more gas in the tank to get through a long leg session or something like that. I think the big thing here is to remember that this is best for people who rely on sups to make there diet perfect and its not much different recovery or value wise then using protein supplements.

All in all I love this product and $ willing it will be a permanent staple of my stacks no matter what else I'm on. I make it a habit to not drink much fluids other then water IE soda, processed juices and so forth. This is a low cal useful way to spice up water for the active lifter. Just think for like $40 you get 90 glasses of water that taste fooing awesome and have BCAA's in them. I don't see how it's not worth using if you have extra money and want a healthy useful alternative to plain water.
      • Did I Mention The Taste
      • Could Be Cheeper
      Rogiebear
        September 19, 2011

This is one product where I like to think you get more than what you pay for, and you pay a solid amount for it especially here in Australia.

First up:
      Cost - 10/10
      Got it cheap at A1Supplements, was on special for $45 definately good value for money (in Australia at least) and this is for the biggest container. I bought 2, both refreshing grape flavour. This leads me to...

Taste - 10/10
      It was a very natural grape flavour and it was so good! I added a set amount of scoops to a 4 litre jug every day and just sipped it, honestly it is just something that you want to keep drinking. It is especially refreshing when chilled and tastes just like Grape Cool-Aid!

Effectiveness - 10/10
      When I was taking this product during my workout and even throughout the day, I was extremely energized. I don't mean energized in the caffeine kick in the ass way, I mean good clean energy that helped me focus not only at the gym. During my workout I sipped this and water, and I found that the ability to keep me hydrated during was great in maintaining my overall strength and endurance, during my first month of this product I also dropped from 12% to 10% body far and maintained the same weight so I feel it helped my lean MASS gains and helped me shed some fat. I also only felt a small amount of tightness in my muscles the day after even the hardest workouts, my recovery was second to none on this product.

To be honest I swear by Xtend, it does everything it claims so long as you use it properly and with an appropriate diet and workout regime. I am intending to try Modern BCAA when my last bit of Xtend is done. I hope it compares! Also one big plus was that when I opened by container of Xtend it was filled to the brim! Honestly the first time I've seen that in a supplement. Good job Scivation'>Scivation!

All in all, this is
      • Taste Is Addicting

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.