Home > Categories > Amino Acids > BCAA > SciVation > Xtend

SciVation Xtend

Xtend SciVation
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (112 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Modern BCAA Reviews
Modern BCAA (77 Reviews)
8.9
SciFit Gluta-Lyn 1500 Reviews
Gluta-Lyn 1500 (52 Reviews)
9.2
Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Reviews
Purple Wraath (42 Reviews)
8.9
Dymatize Recoup Reviews
Recoup (26 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

BSN Amino X Reviews
Amino X (36 Reviews)
Optimum BCAA 5000 Powder Reviews
BCAA 5000 Powder (14 Reviews)
ALRI Chaind Out Reviews
Chaind Out (13 Reviews)
Universal Animal Nitro Reviews
Animal Nitro (12 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Beginner starting my Cutting Stack:ISO-100, NO-Xpl, Kre, Xtend Need your Opinion
What's up SR. I'm starting my stack next week and I just wanted to get...

RCSS Veteran's Day Sale EXtended Through Today!
We at RCSS want to extend a big YEAH BUDDY to all former, current and future mem...

90 Servings Scivation Xtend for $41.38 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free 30-servings)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html?_requestid=3689575 You can mix ...

Can i stack this all together safely? Xtend, Super Charge Xtreme N.O., 100% Whey
I was just wondering if this is safe to stack together? Thank you for your respo...

ON PLATINUM PRE & SCIVATION Xtend TAKING BOTH
Hey guys just out of curiosity i wondered if anyone has tried to do this, i.e. t...

New Scivation product Xtend Endurance
I just came across this on Scivation facebook page. Here is the post and pic the...

EXtended deals all weeklong.....
I got this email today I thought I'd share with everyone. Memorial Day Sav...

whey protein, DAA, APE test booster, Xtend - good for bulking?
Apologies in advance for complete newbie questions. Background: -46, trying to...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Xtend is a BCAA product that is designed to be taken intra-workout. It contains a scientifically proven ratio of BCAA's that assist in gaining lean muscle tissue, decreasing body fat, and increasing recovery.

Xtend Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Xtend Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Shortens Recovery Time (85)
  • Great Bcaas (76)
  • Tastes Good (67)
  • Supports Lean Muscle (52)
  • Containers Go Quick (45)
  • Taste Is Addicting (17)
  • Too Expensive (15)
  • Ok Mixability (11)
May 1, 2011

Tsunami2k

Reviews: 50

Age: 23

May 1, 2011
 I received this product about a month ago from a buddy who bought too many bottles apparently (who knows). I had the orange flavor. I didn't know what to think at first of a supplement drink you take during a workout, because I figured it would make my stomach feel gross and ruin my workout.
Well I was wrong. I sip it throughout my weightlifting or cardio, and it seriously extends my endurance. I go for longer.
What it does great for weighlifting it that I believe it allows my mucles to not get that worn out, and thus I can go harder. I stay in the gym for 20 minutes longer when I'm taking Xtend. I only use 2 scoops too, I don't fall for the BS of taking more, thats just a way for the company to have you consume the product faster so you buy more.

All in all, great source of BCAA's and it helps me considerably on my workouts.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Extends Endurance
  • Shortens Recovery Time
  • Great Bcaas
  • Ok Mixability
March 2, 2011

Age: 27

March 2, 2011
 Xtend: One of the worst named supplements on the market today. Honestly, this product sounds like a medication for ED. Regardless of its horrific name however, I decided to give this popular intra-workout supplement a try as I was in need of a 0 calorie source of BCAAs during my Fasting period. To date I have finished off a 30 serving tub of Orange and half of a 90 serving tub of the same flavor.

TASTE: 10/10
Simply put, Xtend is one of the best tasting supplements I have come across. Personally I need my BCAA source / intra-workout product to be enjoyable and tasty, as I often sip on the product throughout the day. Xtend fits this bill perfectly. I have actually tried 4 different flavors of this product (Muscle and Strength has a deal where you can buy 3-30 serving tubs for the same price as a 90 serving tub). Here are my rankings for each flavor I’ve tried:
Orange: 10 – Absolutely fantastic. Tastes like an orange creamsicle. I’ve gone through roughly 60 servings of this flavor and I’m nowhere near tired of it.
Watermelon: 10 – Unique, refreshing, and just plain awesome. Everyone raves about this flavor for a reason as it truly is unlike any other supplement on the market.
Grape: 8 – Nice and smooth but nothing special. The grape tastes exactly like you would expect from a grape-flavored supplement. I haven’t had much of the grape flavor but I don’t think it will stay as refreshing to my taste buds as orange and watermelon.
Apple: 7.5 – Ehhhh. If you like green apple Jolly Ranchers, then you’ll love this flavor. It’s a bit different yes, but personally not my favorite. Sometimes has a weird smell to it. Regardless, it’s still enjoyable. I have this container at work.

MIXABILITY: 7.5/10
As with most other BCAA supplements, Xtend is also a bit stubborn when it comes to fully dissolving. Often there will be a slight film on the top of the water and BCAA flakes in my shaker bottle even after a full 30 seconds of shaking. Personally this doesn’t bother me in the slightest, and on the whole I found Xtend to mix a bit better than MBCAA but not quite as well as Purple Wraath or Amin.O Energy.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8.5/10
As mentioned above, I used Xtend as an “anytime” supplement as well as during my workouts. Although it’s not necessary when doing Intermittent Fasting, I have found that sipping a flavored BCAA supplement throughout the morning helps me feel fuller and further decreases my level of soreness. Xtend really shines in this capacity as its ingredient profile is clean and calorie free. A single serving (2 scoops) delivers 9.6g’s of BCAAs as well as 10mg’s of vitamin B6 and 1g of Citrulline Malate. Of course, the flavors of this product also play a heavy role, and the wide variety of Xtend flavors scores it another point in this category.

As an intra-workout product, Xtend is solid but not necessarily a stand out. I did notice a slight decrease in soreness post-workout, but I felt that both Purple Wraath and MBCAA had a positive impact on my between-set recovery time, where as Xtend did not. I also like PW better in terms of energy, as the Beta Alanine and Niacin included in each dosing provide for a nice kick. Personally I added Beta Alanine to Xtend for my workout for this very reason.

VALUE: 7.5/10
This is my only real gripe with Xtend. A 90 serving tub costs $50, which breaks down to a per serving cost of .55c. Purple Wraath costs almost the exact same for the same amount ($1 more), while 35 servings of MBCAA will run you around $29 and a higher per serving cost of .82c. Finally, Amin.O Energy, which is a bit tougher to price out as there seems to always be a special on BB.com, costs the same as Xtend for a 30 serving tub, but breaks down to a slightly less .50c per serving cost when you go with the “Buy 3 Get 1 Free” deal.

By and large, Xtend competes in its price point with other similar intra-workout products; however I feel that it should be slightly less for what it offers. I love this product and I FLY through it (I use roughly 3-4 servings per day), but it doesn’t offer some of the bonuses included in PW (mentioned above) or Amin.O Energy (which includes caffeine, Green Tea Extract, and is in somewhat of a different category altogether), nor does Xtend offer the 10g’s of “highly micronized” BCAA’s that does Modern BCAA.

OVERALL: 8/10
Xtend is a great tasting and versatile supplement that can be a solid addition to any stack. For me, a BCAA supplement ranks high on my list of supplement priorities, and Xtend currently occupies the top spot on the list of intra-workout products that I’ve tried. Although not packed with some of the goodies of other products, Xtend still delivers everything you need and a little bit more. The wide variety of flavors and the fact that it’s one of the best tasting supplements on the market make Xtend an excellent product and one of my personal favorites.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Excellent Bcaa Source
  • Shortens Recovery Time
  • Can Be Costly
bigworm89
bigworm89

Joined: 1/2010
Reviews: 33
Reputation: +2067
I heard scivation is going to start making CMP. Can't wait!!

Reputation: +199
Nice Review..Hey Cray do you ever drink this at night before bed. I been drinking it with PowerFull and when I wake I dont feel or look as flat?

Reputation: +2374
Interesting. No, I don't normally drink this before bed. I don't normally wake up feeling flat though - I usually feel my leanest and tightest first thing in the AM.

I would think it's more the PFULL then Xtend. Not sure.

Reply #4:

Reputation: +199
Its def the BCAA's cause whenever I forget to drink it before bed I wake up looking leaner but flatter. When I drink it I wake up looking slightly pumped? If it spares your muscle from breakdown intra workout prob the same while fasting for 6-8 hours asleep?

Reply #5:
ebayaholic
ebayaholic

Joined: 1/2010
Reviews: 13
Reputation: +43
Great review. I'm currently half way through a 90 serving tub of Purple Wraath and have a tub of MBCAA standing at the ready. I was thinking to trying this after I finish those 2 just to get a good all around feeling of intra workout supps. This review is definetly swaying my decision.

Reply #6:
HamBone1188
HamBone1188

Joined: 10/2009
Reviews: 4
Reputation: +1
joe...i would say that the xtend would not cause this feeling, and for correction it doesnt help with healing during the fast of a nights sleep....this may be better suited with casein protein which will supply the muscles for up to 6 hours with aminos....but whey protein has an active life of 45 minutes...and bcaa's are broken down even faster...so by the time you fall asleep the extend has already been fed to the body

Reply #7:
soybomb
soybomb

Joined: 4/2011
Reviews: 2
Reputation: +2
energy during my workout sounds good, but i dont want to lose any weight. i want to gain. will this make me lose weight?

Reply #8:
mybody143
mybody143

Joined: 2/2014
Reviews: 0
Reputation: 0
100% correct budddy.... very usefull... review ...

remember that what my expirinc is.... since year i tried 2times but but problem is the same... that preworkout only for who has already six packs and very flat stomak.... not to reduce reduce fat... der is written that... also for fat buring but only for for really pro whos has six packs.... not to who has already messy belly....

pls my advice to all what my expirienc says... for messy belly fat use preworkout without Any Amino or Glutamine or Carbohydrates or Sugar

also remember wherever written as recovery and endurance thats only gain with extra mass which 1st comes on stomak.....

February 10, 2011

Age: 31

February 10, 2011
 First 10 across the board supplement that I have ever taken. First of all for BCAA, which can be very bitter, the taste is amazing. Green apple and Water Mellon are my two favorite. Aside from the great tase, the recovery time between sets is greatly noticible. Prevents soreness, fatigue, and truely Combats lactic build up. I sip on this intra-workout, or any time throughout the day. After a hockey game my recovery time has improved twice fold! The B6 and Glutamine are a plus! Small tubs go quick, but you can obtain a 90 serving tub for $45. Can't beat it and you will drink it. It will not sit on your shelf.

Joined: 2/2011
Reputation: +1977
Although I doubt that I will waver from Xtend, I do wonder how Modern BCAA compares... any thought?

Reputation: +199
I'm just finishing up Modern BCAA's and I think I'm gonna order this stuff. 90 servings for around $50 for Extend compared to 35 servings of Modern for about $28. If Extend tastes and works that good sounds like a win-win.

January 18, 2011

Age: 34

January 18, 2011
 I'm long overdue to review a very popular product that is very often talked about that everyone will be tempted to try at some point. When you read the reviews on this product it is often talked about as both an intra workout supplement and as an amino acid supplement.

Taste: 10/10
The taste is absolutely amazing with this product. I believe that this product in some ways gets higher ratings simply because the flavor is just that good. My flavor of choice is the Watermelon which I believe is also the most popular. The fact that they took "nasty" tasting supplements like plain BCAA's and Citrulline Malate and made it into this good of a flavor is nothing short of a miracle. I've heard the term floated a few times before, and yes this tastes somewhere between a Jolly Rancher and a glass of Kool aid. To date, its the only supplement I've ever craved the taste of when I didn't need to take it.

I truly believe that even though you will pay leaps and bounds more for this than just a "plain" BCAA supplement, that simply because of the taste, it is well worth the price. The price per serving goes anywhere from .50 to .70 depending on the size you buy and where you buy it. This puts it a cheaper than Modern BCAA, but about the same as Purple Wraath. In addition, if I'm going by recovery supps, this is considerably more expensive than Gluta-lyn which comes in around .20/serving.

Intra Workout Effectiveness: 6/10
To measure, I simply cut out my normal pre/intra workout combo of Beta Alanine, creatine, and citrulline and replaced with Xtend. Xtend does contain Citrulline Malate, but only 1g/serving which IMO is not enough to be effective. I fatigued a whole lot faster using this alone instead of my normal combo, and even still fatigued a lot faster even when I tryed doubling the dose to 2 servings. When compared directly to Purple Wraath, I believe that Purple Wraath makes a much better intra simply due to it having Beta Alanine than this not having it. I do believe that this helps a little over taking nothing at all, but I wouldn't use it again as my sole intra workout supp.

Recovery Effectiveness: 9/10
I do feel this product does its job well as strictly an amino acid recovery supplement. It contains a 2:1 ratio on BCAA's (3.6g Leucine, 1.8 of Isoleucine and Valine). In addition it contains 2.5g of Glutamine which I've always had great results as a recovery supp. I had great results in decreasing soreness and quickening recovery by taking in a serving of this the morning after I workout along with one serving about mid day. I felt this did a better job of recovery the next day than what Purple Wraath did and I believe this is due to it having Glutamine and PW not having it. Strangely however, my recovery was better when I take Gluta-lyn than when I take Xtend which greatly surprised me. Where this comes in handy is when I like to take a break from simply drinking water all day, the flavor of this tastes great and definately serves a purpose in helping my recovery.

Overall, I will continue to use this, I wouldn't say this is a must have supplement, but it is very useful in recovery and the taste is downright addicting.
  • Taste Is Addicting

Reviews: 71
Reputation: +3978
Forgot to add, GO BEARS!!! Lol

Reputation: +1044
Good review man, I love this stuff.

Reply #4:

Reviews: 23
Reputation: +407
Nice review man...

How would you compare this to Mbcca tastewise.. 'cuz I'm really growing weary of that stuff...

LOL kevo...let's take it to the forums homie... ;)

Reply #5:

Reviews: 7
Reputation: +135
Excellent review. I use this product with the Vitargo and it is nothing short of amazing in terms of recovery. Price is definitely an issue, especially since most websites raised their prices on this several months ago, but you can get the 1035 gram size for $36.99 in Watermelon flavor. Cheapest I have found so far

Reply #6:

Thanks all!

@Ruabeyo-haven't quite made up my mind yet on MBCAA, just started, but taste there is pretty good, but IMO not as good as Xtend.
@Kevo: Your off season is now 5 days away!

Reply #7:

BORING.
=) j/k You know I loves me a Stocks review.

I just bought this product myself - love the Orange flavor. Absolutely fantastic. Agree with you on pretty much all points here Stocks. Well done as always.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +2497
Boring?...Cray you dog (no pun intended)
Haven't tried the Orange yet, may have to though! Thanks bro!

Reply #9:

Reviews: 23
Reputation: +407
nuff said...

I'm gonna give xtend a go..

Reply #10:

Reviews: 7
Reputation: +135
Ruabeyo. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

Reply #11:
taysab23
taysab23

Joined: 5/2010
Reviews: 44
Reputation: +501
agreed.. the watermelon flavor his hands down the best! I would sit there and thank of how much I wanted some...

good review.

Reply #12:

Reputation: +2497
Thanks man-agreed the taste is very addicting!

Reply #13:

Joined: 2/2011
Reputation: +1977
Best review of this product yet. These guys need to not mix but shake this supp and will be pleased.

Reply #14:

Reputation: +2497
Thanks Reinger for the props, shaking is what works for me as well!

January 2, 2011

Age: 23

January 2, 2011
 This may very well be the best investment I have ever made as far as supplements go. I had read a lot about this product, and was thinking about buying it to try for myself. Then, in a stroke of luck, a friend in my office who was using this product gave me his 3/4 full container of this because he "couldn't stand the taste". His trash ended up being my treasure, as this is undoubtedly the best supplement I have used to date. The flavor he gave me was blue raspberry, which didn't taste all that bad to me, so I don't know why my friend was so adament about giving this away(but I'm certainly not going to complain or argue about getting free supps).

From what I had read about this product, it is suppose to be used as an intra-workout product. However I have been using it directly after my workout instead to help aid in my recovery, with great success. I usually mix up 2 to 3 scoops in about 12-15 ounces of water. Mixability isn't the greatest, I get a lot of foam when I shake this up. I recently got one of those tornado mixers from bb.com, and they are perfect for mixing this up. After I finished up the tub of blue raspberry, I purchased another tub in a different flavor, watermelon, which I really enjoyed. The thing that makes this product so great to me is the recovery I get from it. After a workout, I'll immediately mix up a batch of this when I get back to the room, then pound a post workout shake, and I'm feeling awesome! The effectiveness is on point, this product works wonderfully. I feel little to no soreness the following day, even working out 5-6 days a week. As tacky and silly as this may sound, it's almost as if I "feel it" working in my body. It helps prevent me from crashing after a workout, or feeling completely wore out, and that is the biggest selling point to me about this product. On top of all this, the obvious benefit of having extra BCAAs to help in your protein synthesis is very valuable. The only real drawback I could say on this product is the price, 50 bucks a tub is quite a price tag. The serving size is two scoops and there is 90 servings in a large tub, which works out to 55 cents a serving. That is a very good deal, however, if I wanted to use it as an intra-workout as it is billed, I'd have to up the dose to 4 scoops as recommended on the label. That would make it 45 servings at 50 bucks, or $1.11 a serving. That seems to be a little much to me as a supporting supplement, and that's the only thing that is really holding me back from using it as an intra-workout. As it's directed to use, I'd say the value is a 7 or an 8. The way I used it the value is a 10.

Overall though, I am very pleased with this product, and it will remain a benchmark in any supplement stack I have from now on. I highly recommend this product, give it a shot!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Amazing Recovery
  • Expensive When Used As Directed

Reputation: +2374
Have you tried any other intra supps like MBCAA or Purple Wraath? I am curious as to how it compares.

Just ordered a tub of the orange myself. Nice review.

deeja
deeja

Joined: 5/2010
Reviews: 17
Reputation: +379
i personally prefer xtend to purple wraath

Reputation: +1044
Thanks for the rep, and no I haven't. I guess I'm kind of skeptical on using a supplement as an intra-workout. I pound about 2 liters of water throughout my workout so I'm not really wild about replacing some of that with a supplement, even though I love this product. I think however you use it though, you'll be very pleased with it.

April 20, 2010

Reviews: 40

Age: 26

April 20, 2010
 I usually either love a supplement or hate it. Not very often do I find myself on a fence about whether or not I would buy it again, but I seem to be torn about this one. I know a lot of members really like this stuff and it was by no means bad. Lets start with what I liked.

I had the watermelon flavor and it was delicious...I mean I craved it. Aside from the flavor I did notice a pretty good increase in energy for my post lifting cardio sessions and it wasn't a big dent in the wallet either.

What I didn't like is that I really didn't see much increase in recovery time over just drinking my post workout shake. I have been using Phormula 1 100% hydrolyzed whey protein which is probably the best post workout protein I have tried to date, and it just didn't seem to have much noticable effect on recovery time. It is not expensive but when you use four scoops per workout, there is only enough for 15 workouts in the small container, which set me back a little more than twenty bucks. In a weird way it tasted so good that it was a negative aspect because I wanted to drink it all the time, because water can get so boring. So it was like I had another vice to resist,LOL!

I just feel like in the end that there are much cheaper ways to get your BCAA's into your diet and that this is more of a luxury than a staple to me. I will probably end up running back to it based solely on how great the taste was and work is booming right now, so I have the funds to splurge on supplements again.

Final summation is that it is a good way to get your BCAA's and have a tasty treat as well. If you have a decent supplement budget I would recommend this product. If you don't have a lot to spend I would recommend just getting some BCAA caps instead. Damnit, I'm going to order another container right now. The taste just has me hooked.
  • Containers Go Quick
  • Taste Is Addicting

Reviews: 40
Reputation: +1729
For the record great taste was supposed to be on the pro's but it didn't register for some reason.

February 22, 2010

CamelE

Reviews: 27

Age: 19

February 22, 2010
 What can I say. This has become a staple in my supplement regiment. I drink this during my workouts and it helps majorly with recovery. I also use 2:1:1 Recovery and my soreness in addition to this has been cut in half. I've tried most of the flavors. Watermelon is the best, blue raspberry and grape are pretty good too. Orange and apple are alright, but I recommend the watermelon. I also use this repeatedly everyday when cutting; it really reduces the amount of muscle you lose. I throw a few scoops in a gallon of water and drink it all day. If you are trying to improve recovery, support muscle mass, or even preserve muscle while cutting, definitely try this.
  • Good For Cutting
    BirdmanFTW
    BirdmanFTW

Joined: 4/2010
    Reviews: 3
    Reputation: +10
    I like the idea of throwing a few scoops in a gallon and drinking that all day. I think I'm going to start doing that. Thanks!

January 5, 2010

joeflah13

Reviews: 52

Age: 17

January 5, 2010
     I got turned onto this product from this site and a few members who recommended it to me. I started taking 1 serving intraworkout and saw a noticable decrease in recovery time. I didn't see much in terms of increase in strength, but then again it isn't exactly intended to do that. Recently, I purchased Purple Wraath to drink intra workout so now I take Xtend with my kre-alkalyn in the morning. It does a good job at giving me some extra energy and it gets me into an anabolic state. The ingredient profile is pretty nice, I like the 1 g of citrulline per serving because it does basically everything arganine does. The flavor is tolerable, I had the Refreshing Watermelon and it tasted like bubblegum. The mixability is pretty bad, but honestly waht can you expect from a BCAA sup? Every one I have tried does the same thing, and this is no different. A clear film appears at the top, followed by foam. A good chunk of it only partially disolves so I have to eat it with a spoon. If you wait about 5 minutes, it will dissolve pretty much all the way, but when your in a hurry, you'll see chunks floating in your cup. No digestion issues though, which is a good thing. Eventually, the taste gets a bit old, but I'm willing to look past that for the recovery it gives me. At $30/month, this should be a staple supplement for any lifter. I really want to check out the Blue Raspberry flavor on BodyBuilding.com, hopefully that gets released to the public via more outlets. But for now, 1 serving a day is netting me shorter recovery time and greater protein synthesis. Definatley recommend it.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Shortens Recovery Time
      July 29, 2009

Raptorbh12

Reviews: 62

Age: 24

July 29, 2009
       This was my first BCAA supplement and I have mizxed thoughts on it. Recovery while on Xtend has been normal although I do feel it gives me an edge to complete my post workout cardio.
      The price seemed very steep for a flavored BCAA powder.
      The taste was delicious, I picked blue rasberry.
      I just wish they offered some EAA's as well in the mix for about $10 less a container.
      September 21, 2012

Price__________________________________________60 dollars for 90 7.5g servings

Ingredients______________-10________________
      3.5g Leucine, 2.5 isoleucine, 2.5 Valine, 2.5 citrulline mallate

Effectiveness 10/10
      Excellent in effectivness. I simply took 1 scoop during my workouts to help prevent catabolism (muscle breakdown) and noticed for a fact that I was more recovered at the end of my workouts and had a little more endurance.

How I ran___________________________________
      I ran with Optimum 100% Whey, Myofusion, ZMA, T-blast, Green Mag, and Joint support from costco

Overall 9/10
      Great product, the green watermellon tasted so good. It mixed well additionally. I took 1 scoop during my workout and recovery and endurance was much better than usual

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Shortens Recovery Time
      • Containers Go Quick

Have you used Xtend? Submit your own Review!