Home > Categories > Amino Acids > Glutamine > SciFit > Gluta-Lyn 1500

SciFit Gluta-Lyn 1500

Gluta-Lyn 1500 SciFit
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (52 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)
This product has been reported as discontinued.

LOWEST Prices for Gluta-Lyn 1500 (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
Buy Now Buy Gluta-Lyn 1500 Thousands of Supplements! Buy Gluta-Lyn 1500
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Modern BCAA Reviews
Modern BCAA (77 Reviews)
8.9
SciVation Xtend Reviews
Xtend (112 Reviews)
Controlled Labs Purple Wraath Reviews
Purple Wraath (42 Reviews)
8.9
Optimum Amino 2222 Softgels Reviews
Amino 2222 Softgels (23 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

Body Fortress 100% Pure Glutamine Reviews
100% Pure Glutamine (19 Reviews)
9.1
GNC L-Glutamine Powder Reviews
L-Glutamine Powder (11 Reviews)
MHP Glutamine-SR Reviews
Glutamine-SR (10 Reviews)
Optimum Glutamine Powder Reviews
Glutamine Powder (7 Reviews)
9.1

Related Forum Topics

Newbie looking for some advice. Gluta-Lyn 1500? Protien Shake? Hydroxycut?
Hey folks. Im 33 years old, 5'9", about 220lbs and have started going ...

Feedback on my stack. Tblast, DPol, Whey Protein, Gluta-Lyn 1500, Kre-Alkalyn Ef
What im looking to achieve is that buff swimmers look. Not really into being ove...

Sci-Fit Gluta-Lyn 1500 for sale!! 240 caps SEALED! $20 shipped
Got it with the BB.com Kre-Alk deal, don't have a need for the gluta-lyn. &...

How's my Lean Bulk Stack: Opti-Men, Kre-Alk 1500, Gluta-Lyn 1500, whey, etc
Hey everyone, still relatively new to the forum but I get almost all of my suppl...

SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500 250 caps for 29.99....get Gluta-Lyn 1500 240 caps free
Sweet Deal provided by Bodybuilding.Com Buy the SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500 250 caps...

Should or could i add Gluta-Lyn 1500 to this stack?
so here is my current stack: ON Fish Oil ON Flaxseed Oil ON CLA ON Opti-Men NO2...

kre-alklyn with HMB or Gluta-Lyn 1500?
ok im ordering Kre-Alkalyn but there is two deals with it which one would you re...

Need Advice with new stack - Gluta-Lyn 1500, Kre-Alkalyn, Jack3D, Pro Complex ..
*******UPDATE****** Been using these suppliments and work great for my heavy lif...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Gluta-Lyn is an affordable, high quality glutamine. It is different from ordinary glutamine as it is pH buffered for maximum absorption.

Gluta-Lyn 1500 Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Gluta-Lyn 1500 Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Recovery (46)
    • Less Soreness (39)
    • Good Value (30)
    • Builds Muscle (27)
    • None! (17)
    • Bad Taste (2)
    • Kinda Pricey Now That They Do Not Have The Deal Going On Anymore. (2)
    • Small Serving Size (1)
    November 5, 2010

Age: 20

November 5, 2010
      I very rarely give out straight 10s. But i honestly think this product deserves it.

I had experienced with L-Glutamine off and on for a couple years, but never really found it to be worth the money. So i stopped taking it for a while. I bought a small bottle of Kre Alkalyn to see if i liked it, and then after that month, i bought the bigger bottle that came with Gluta-lyn for free at BodyBuilding.com. I immediately started noticing better recovery after taking Gluta-Lyn. I've now gone through two-240 count bottles and had great results from both. I dosed it accordingly to how i felt my body needed it. 1 pill upon waking, 1 after my pre workout meal, and 1 before bed. On leg days, i throw a 4th pill in, usually with my post workout meal.

There are quite a few benefits for supplementing L-glutamine. Some of them are- repair and recovery of muscle tissue (the obvious), Immune System support, protein synthesis, help in restoration of glycogen, and in one study or another- the support of GH production.

Sci-Fit is starting to win me over with their honesty and products that work so well, at a reasonable price. I got these bottles for free, but even at the 20-25 bucks for Gluta-lyn alone, it is still a great deal in my opinion. I'm not gonna write a book about L-glutamine.
    Bottom line- This one is top notch and i highly recommend it.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Value
    • Effective
    • Great Recovery
    • Less Soreness
      mpcatch7

IrishMan
      IrishMan

Reviews: 10
      Reputation: +52
      Hi Manimal, nice review man, do you still recommend this product even if i take Anavite multivitamines and Aftershock recovery as post workout supplement ?

Joined: 2/2010
      Reputation: +2878
      Damn fine review broski!

So fine it appears I actually negative'd you. How you like that action, a negative for a true broski!

I will hit you back, blade style.

Joined: 2/2010
      Reputation: +2878
      Irish,

I still take this AM upon wake up, post-workout with Torrent and before bed with shake.

Reputation: +3478
      @ Irish- Yes sir, i sure do recommend taking this even if you take a good multi and post workout supp like Anavite and Aftershock. Now i personally don't find it necessary to take it WITH the post workout supp/shake simply because i find that there is plenty of L-glutamine, depending on the one you buy. Something like aftershock, torrent, or Dark Matter has enough for me to get my Glutamine fix post workout.

@Blade- That's 2 neg reps you have givin me ***. Maybe i should start giving you neg reps every day woman. hahahah

Reply #7:

Reputation: +2497
      Great review man, I'm glad to see somebody else give this straight 10's like I did. I never expected to get such great recovery from a just that small amount in a few pills a day, this supp is definately a keeper.

Reply #8:

Reputation: +3478
      Thanks stocks! I never expected it either. Gluta-lyn made me a believer haha.

Wait..You gave it a 9 in value. YOU LIE!!!

Reply #9:

Reputation: +2172
      Great review bro, This is jst convincing me more to get it. Do you think this would be good for a soccer player? I am planning on giving it to my brothers in law. One of them 19, other 16.

Reply #10:

Reputation: +2497
      Well dang...guess I did give it a 9 for value, you've exposed me for the fraud that I am!

Reply #11:

Reputation: +3478
      @ Chichistrong- Thanks man.

Certainly. I find it very useful to pop a gluta-lyn before and/or after a hockey game to keep catabolism to a minimum and recovery up. Soccer is alot like hockey in the sense that it is a stop N go sport, altho soccer players probably keep their heart rates slightly higher on the field than hockey players on the ice. The reason i state this is because Oxygen levels become less present in muscle tissue when the heart rate gets that high, which is not good for maintaining/gaining muscle especially if you don't have your body supplied with carbohydrates.

But rather they are concerned about muscle mass or not, Gluta-Lyn would help out nicely with their performance and recovery during a soccer game. I was just throwing a few more facts out there ;D

@Stocks- You disgust me! ;)

Reply #12:
      Cray
      Cray

Joined: 6/2010
      Reputation: +2375
      This review made me gag.

Reply #13:

Reputation: +2172
      Thanks manimal, I will take your advise in consideration.

Reply #14:
      finestP0WD3R
      finestP0WD3R

Joined: 11/2010
      Reputation: 0
      Hey nice review bro. I was wondering if I should take the kre alkalyn during wrestling season. Will it make me retain water like mono or make me gain too much weight? I'm cutting about 5-7 pounds a week so I don't want to gain too much. Thanks

Reply #15:
      jeffspelman
      jeffspelman

Joined: 12/2010
      Reputation: +1
      convinced me to order it bro. Good review :)

Reply #16:

Reputation: +3478
      Thanks man. I think you'll like it!

@finestpowd3r-Not sure if I got back to you in PM or not. I normally reply to questions on my reviews via PM or the review itself. Anyway, just in case- Kre Alkalyn causes little to none water retention. From what I could monitor, It was anywhere around 2-3 lbs of water tops. But I know with wrestling, even that could be crucial.

Reply #17:

Joined: 1/2011
      Reputation: +12
      hey Manimal, will you give me some advice on What the term TEST means and what i should be looking for. i need help stepping up a cycle and from reading a few of your reviews i trust your opinion. :)

Reply #18:

Reputation: +3478
      "Test" is the short term for Testosterone.

What kind of cycle are you running?

Reply #19:

Joined: 1/2011
      Reputation: +12
      I am currently about to start a cycle of m Drol/ h drol 8 week.
      i am stacking this with cytogainer
      gluta lynne 1500
      cyto carb 2
      jack3d
      universal 100% beef amino
      Animal pack
      trying to find a good test.
      and loads of milk thistle
      this isnt my first cycle i am just trying to maximize my results.i am still ignorant in some areas. i have a hard instructed six meals aday diet as well. please any input is wanted

Reply #20:
      SciFitAndrew
      SciFitAndrew

Joined: 1/2012
      Reviews: 2
      Reputation: -1
      Certified expert! We really appreciate everyone's honest feedback. Thank you!

Reply #21:
      Berserkerr
      Berserkerr

Joined: 9/2012
      Great review manimal.
      I have had nothing but good results from gluta-lyn and other sci-fit products. It's a shame the company has dissolved.

Reply #22:
      gmeades
      gmeades

Joined: 7/2012
      Reputation: -1
      Looks like you got some bad info there, Berserkerr... SciFit is alive and doing well. Here's their website http://www.scifitauthentic.com/Products.aspx?CatID=14 You'll find Gluta-lyn 1500 on page two of their "recovery" products page. Thanks for the review Manimal, I've been looking for something to help with DOMS and this looks like just the thing... just ordered some.

September 14, 2010

Age: 33

September 14, 2010
       Like many here, I started Gluta-lyn because of "the deal" (Buy Kre Alk 1500 and get this free). At first glance, it seemed a little pricey if one were to buy it at regular price, but the reviews on this site were good and Sci Fits claims of the product definately made me want to try it.

To fully test the effectiveness of the product, I decided to take it as soon as I finished my creatine cycle. The only other post workout I used during the period was Optimum 100% Gold Standard for the first 30 days and MyoFusion for the second 30 days.
      My expectations weren't all that high as I figured it to be a typical glutamine product which isn't necessarily a bad thing. What I actually found was that my recoveries were better than ever before. Muscle soreness was very noticably down, especially noticed after leg days and chest days. My recovery time increased significantly and I found that I was able to effectively work my chest twice a week which I struggled to before.

Sci Fit claims this to be ph buffered and 100% absorbable. They say that 1500mg of Gluta-lyn is equivalent to 7500mg of normal glutamine. While I can't fully speak on the exact equivalent, what I will say is that my recoveries with this have been better than previous 5000mg Glutamine Powders that I have used.
      Overall, the last two months, I experienced greater strength gains than I had in many years and I did so without creatine! This will a permanent part of my stack from this point forward.
        Kdaawg
        Kdaawg

Reputation: +26
        nice man. just started taking this today i'm excited

Reputation: +407
        I just recently started my bottle and it gets a thumbs up from me too. I may not do a review because there will be many. I actually started taking this right after I finished my Glutamine Powder and I took the powder almost 4 times a day every day. So that means I 'm getting the same results from just 4 caps. That's crazy... But "jml" will you go back to regular creatine or just stick to this and Kre-Alk? Me?? I might not ever go back to Creatine Mono...

Reputation: +2497
        I doubt I'll go back to regular glutamine or creatine after this. Sci Fit's definately got me hooked.

Reputation: +407
        No doubt!! Nice review...Go Pac Go (until Dec. 19th)

Reputation: +2172
        Nice review dude. I am gettin the deal with kre-alkalyn. I had my doubts first cuz I wanted to try it with the HMB deal, but now I am going with gluta-lyn

Reputation: +2497
        Thanks man, good luck with the glut, hope it helps you as much as it did me!

May 16, 2010

Age: 26

May 16, 2010
         I have always since I started training been a firm believer in supplementing glutamine into my diet and this is by far the most effective form of it I have come across. The great part is that every time I buy a 3lb container of Prota-Lyn, which is another great product from sci-fit, I get a 240 ct bottle of these babies free! Talk about value! I have the powder form of it that was also free as well, but I really like the convenience of the pill form for when I'm out and about at work. Being Ph buffered means that you can take less and get more out of it than traditional glutamine supplements. I really notice a difference in recovery time and alleviation of DOMS when I'm taking these little blue pills. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in the body and a must take for anyone who takes their training seriously. I have yet to try a Sci-Fit product that I didn't love and this one stays with the trend for sure. Even when the deal at bb.com for a free bottle with Prota-Lyn is long gone I will continue to use this product as it has become a staple in my arsenal. There is two different ways to get this product free at bb.com, so no excuse to not try it. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
        • Works Great With Kre Alkalyn 1500

Reviews: 33
          Reputation: +2067
          Great review. I have gone through several bottles of and i cant remember the last time i paid for it. Sci fit knows how to keep people happy.

CMelanW
          CMelanW

Reviews: 5
          Reputation: +87
          Have a bottle on the way.. Thanks for the great review MMA!!

Reputation: +1729
          Yeah. By the time it is all said and done, I think I'm gonna have about 10 bottles of this stuff piled up, and that is more than cool with me.

Reviews: 33
          Reputation: +2067
          Oh yeah i know the feeling. And by the way congrats on making the top 10 users list.

patdelaney
          patdelaney

Joined: 4/2010
          Reviews: 9
          Reputation: +54
          yeeeee buddy MMA. Good stuff brotha! congrats on top 10

Reputation: +1729
          Thanks guys. This site has helped me out a lot and I love helping others with their goals as well. Best resource for fitness and nutrition info by far!

Reply #7:

Reputation: +3478
          First of all, MMAFreak, congrats on the top ten my brotha!! I was not at first a regular poster on this site, i was just on and off to check out reivews and such but then i started getting into it and liking the feeling of helping people and further expanding my knowledge on supplements ect and i was like wow this guy (MMAFreak) came outta nowhere and is dominating this site! hahaha. But i would like to know where you guys find this and the prota-lyn? I cant seem to find them on my usual supplement sites.

Reply #8:
          Highland10
          Highland10

Reviews: 21
          Reputation: +75
          Thanks for the informative review. I tend to overlook glutamine's importance in recovery. Sure, many of my protein supplements have at least some glutamine; I also have a container of ON's glutamine handy (which I take by itself sporadically, after a super intense, prolonged workout). I didn't realize the differences in glutamine supplements.

Reply #9:
          boxinfedor45
          boxinfedor45

Joined: 12/2011
          Reputation: 0
          i cant message you becuase i dont have enough posts yet i guess but i figured since you do mma you would know the answer to this, i box at 165 im an open class fighter now with 26 fights, i want to get stronger but cant gain to much weight(protein just hasnt been cutting it) i was wondering if i take krealkalyn with afterglow and just keep runnning and eating healthy would i still be able to maintain weight somewhat and get more ripped/stronger?

May 7, 2010

Age: 32

May 7, 2010
           Just finished my first 120 capsule bottle today. As recommended to me by my man BirdMan! Here is my review.

I ran this supplement as such:
          1 pill AM w/ morning shake.
          2 pills Post Workout with shake
          2 pills before bed with Casein

The recovery time was increased while I ran this product. Some of the most noticable recovery was with my leg routine. I typically have DOMS 36 hours after my leg split. The Gluta-lyn has helped very nicely with leg recovery. Legs are alot less sore. I would estimate that a full day or two was gained in less soreness while taking this supplement.

Another problem area for me is chest soreness, this was helped as well with the Gluta-lyn. Incline DB Bench makes my top chest really sore and this turned down that volume level for sure.

Effectiveness Rating: 9

Even better than the effectiveness of this product is the price. It is so inexpensive anyone would be silly not to run this. You can get it free with a purchase of Prota-lyn at BB.com as most of you know. From a cost/benefit ratio, this may be the best part of my stack.

Value: 10+

In short: Sci-Fit has hit another home run, another great pH balanced glutamine supplement. Glad I took Birds advice.

Overall: 9+

Pros:
          Cons:
          • Less Soreness
          • Great Recovery
          • Excellent Value
            April 15, 2010

birdman2211

Reviews: 38

Age: 31

April 15, 2010
             I am on my second bottle of gluta-lyn and all I can say is its the real deal guys. 2 pills = 7.5g of glutamine. I take it 3 times a day, with my morning protein shake, post-workout and at bed time with my casein shake. Gluta-lyn is also ph buffered witch is proven to absorb 100% in to the bloodstream meaning there is no waste.

-Effectivness 10/10: It helps with protein synthesis and also prevents your muscle from being catabolized. I found it definitely helped with my recovery and building new lean muscle.

-Taste 10/10: If you take the pills its tasteless and easy to swallow. The powder isn't bad at all I couldn't even tell it was in my protein shake.

-Value 10/10: Because its ph buffered you don't need to take as much to get the same effectiveness as standard glutamine so thats a huge plus. You can still get a free gluta-lyn with a purchase of kre-alkalyn or prota-lyn protein.

Gluta-lyn is superior to all other glutamine in my opinion. I will never buy regular glutamine again. SciFit has done a superb job on this great product!
              ericthered17
              ericthered17

Reviews: 2
              Reputation: 0
              thanks for the heads up on the sale birdman

HLam
              HLam

Joined: 4/2010
              Reviews: 6
              Reputation: +22
              Thanks for the review, I'm getting it next time I shop online on bb.com.

brianj
              brianj

Joined: 5/2010
              Reputation: 0
              hey birdman would you recommend taking CLA's? because im taking glutamine and i herd it was good to take CLA's with it

October 8, 2012

naturalbeast

Reviews: 10

Age: 30

October 8, 2012
               This is a highly rated product here, which is why I've been using in the last several months. It's SO cheap and I only use 2 capsules either intra-workout(if im doing long workout) or post-workout (if im doing short workout). So it lasts long. Is it effective? probably... I use it intra-workout as an anticatabolic or post-workout. I think it helps. Its DEFINITELY not a dramatic help. But it helps some. And with its low cost, its a decent addition to a muscle building stack. I have to agree with one of the pro's listed below and say that it does give some pump during workout. Good luck guys.
              Pros:
              Cons:
              • Gives Good Pumps During Workout
              • Cheap
              • Less Soreness
              • None!
              June 13, 2012

ManUtd

Age: 16

June 13, 2012
               This is my first review on a SciFit product, and my first on this site. I just want to start put saying I was pretty impressed at this product. I have all ready run 3 bottles of this stuff.

Glutamine is potentially the most important amino acid for your body is with the immune system as it serves to prevent illness, speed recovery, and enhance the way the body feels and functions. Leading to that it speeds recovery of the soreness in your muscles after a workout.

I ran Gluta-Lyn 1500 as part of a basicc stack along with my Opt Whey Protein, Fish oil, multivitamin, and other supplements. Of course, along with a healthy, high-protein diet.

The bottle indicates 2 capsules directly before and after any physical activity you wanted to use this for.

------------Effectiveness(9/10)--------------

Works like a charm. If taken correctly, you will feel virtually no soreness. Speeds up recovery significantly when used with a good protein/post-workout shake. You really know it works when the days you forget to take it you're pretty sore.

-----------------Value(10/10)----------------

This is what I really like about Gluta-Lyn 1500. This product is relatively cheap compared to the amount of pills you get and the effectiveness of it. I usually get my 240 count bottles and the Vitamin Shoppe.

--------------Sides/Dosing(10/10)------------

Dosing was extremely easy and I noticed zero side effects.

---------------Overall(10/10)----------------

I give this supplement a 10 because of it's overall effectiveness and has a really great value. Just follow the directions and you'll be fine. My only concern was that the pills kind of had a funny taste to them.
              • Effective
              April 3, 2012

BronxBomb

Reviews: 14

Age: 23

April 3, 2012
               I got a bottle of this stuff for free when i bought a bunch of other things on BB.com and i have to say i stacked it with Kre-alkaline 1500 and i definitely noticed less soreness the day after my workouts. My recovery time was definitely less. It may have just been a placebo effect but for a free bottle i wasnt really going to complain. I would purchase again.
              • None!

meathead96

Age: 24

March 6, 2012
               I ordered a bottle of Kre-Alkalyn and got a bottle of Gluta-lyn for free with it. I had taken glutamine post workout for a while. I definetly believe it helps with recovery. I was very pleased with Gluta-lyn and found it nice to just pop a couple of caps post or preworkout instead of dealing with the powder.
              Pros:
              Cons:
              • Works Great With Kre Alkalyn 1500
              • Great Recovery
              • Less Soreness
              • Kinda Pricey Now That They Do Not Have The Deal Going On Anymore.

JonaDrop

Reviews: 16

Age: 26

March 6, 2012
               First off, let me state that I dislike this brand for reasons that I outline in my Kre-Alkalyn review so even if I can't dissuade you from wasting your money on Glutamine (outside of specific situations), I suggest you invest in a different brand at the very least.

With that said, I took Gluta-Lyn pretty religiously post-workout and completed a huge (250 count?) bottle that I got for free with my Kre-Alkalyn. I took it with various other recovery products including Purple Wraath, Universal Torrent, various types of Whey concentrate and isolate, as well as alone.

I noticed no difference on or off this product in recovery, soreness, or anything, really. That's really all there is to it. As it stands, I'd only consider supplementing with Glutamine if you are recovering from illness or surgery or want a (mostly unproven) immune system supplement.

Have you used Gluta-Lyn 1500? Submit your own Review!