TROOP CP

This product has been reported as discontinued.

Gluta-Lyn 1500 Reviews

By: SciFit

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Gluta-Lyn 1500 is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by SciFit. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

This product has been reported as discontinued.
COMPARE SIMILAR

ManUtd
  June 13, 2012

This is my first review on a SciFit product, and my first on this site. I just want to start put saying I was pretty impressed at this product. I have all ready run 3 bottles of this stuff.

Glutamine is potentially the most important amino acid for your body is with the immune system as it serves to prevent illness, speed recovery, and enhance the way the body feels and functions. Leading to that it speeds recovery of the soreness in your muscles after a workout.

I ran Gluta-Lyn 1500 as part of a basicc stack along with my Opt Whey Protein, Fish oil, multivitamin, and other supplements. Of course, along with a healthy, high-protein diet.

The bottle indicates 2 capsules directly before and after any physical activity you wanted to use this for.

------------Effectiveness(9/10)--------------

Works like a charm. If taken correctly, you will feel virtually no soreness. Speeds up recovery significantly when used with a good protein/post-workout shake. You really know it works when the days you forget to take it you're pretty sore.

-----------------Value(10/10)----------------

This is what I really like about Gluta-Lyn 1500. This product is relatively cheap compared to the amount of pills you get and the effectiveness of it. I usually get my 240 count bottles and the Vitamin Shoppe.

--------------Sides/Dosing(10/10)------------

Dosing was extremely easy and I noticed zero side effects.

---------------Overall(10/10)----------------

I give this supplement a 10 because of it's overall effectiveness and has a really great value. Just follow the directions and you'll be fine. My only concern was that the pills kind of had a funny taste to them.
1000ClubCub
  November 30, 2011

Being the most popular product on this site, i had to try it. Bought it for the recovery, because i for the most part am terribly sore the next morning after workouts. I received a 240 ct bottle with my Kre Alk from bb.com.

Dosage: 9
I started dosing at 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules prior to bed, and saw decent recents. But i quickly played with it and found taking 2 prior and 2 after with my protein shake worked that best. So 4 capsules a day in a 240 ct will last a long time.

Effectiveness: 9
After getting my dosing down, and having to go a week without glutalyn i know how much of a quality product his truly is. I rarely am noticeably sore the next day or to where it will inhibit my workout. I absolutely love not being deadly sore waking up the next morning, and when i do not take this product i will notice being much more sore than usual

Value: 10
I got this for free with my purchase of Kre Alk, so perfect as can be considering the Kre Alk is fairly inexpensive in itself!

Overall: 9
First time taking glutamine as a solo supplement, usually just in a pre workout or post workout. But i have learned to respect and recommend glutamine by itself and most specifically glutalyn 1500 because of my great results in muscle recovery and delaying fatigue.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Less Soreness
  • Free!
    UChiGrad
      September 27, 2011

This entire summer I was on a cutting cycle and for the last month I decided to add in Kre-Alk and Gluta-Lyn to aid in muscle recovery. Now Glutamine is not considered one of the essential amino acids for the human body, but I believe it should be considered as such.

Glutamine has been shown to aid in the repair of damaged tissue and muscle post injury. I argue that for weight training, the catabolic state mimics injury to the muscle and the Glutamine will aid in the recovery. Thus you should recover faster and feel less sore. Gluta-Lyn does provide an excellent source of Glutamine, but Glutamine is also very abundant in beef, poultry, dairy products and some grains. So IMO you will really only notice the effects of Gluta-Lyn if you currently have a deficiency of Glutamine.

With that being said: make sure you have enough Glutamine in your diet! Same with BCAA's, they are all essential to recovering during catabolic phases.

Now, for me, I stopped taking Gluta-Lyn and BCAA powders because of Dymatize Elite Whey Isolate. This protein has 5g of BCAA's per serving and 4g of Glutamine. This makes in much easier to get these essential amino acids and its all together in one powder. I would recommend going this route.

If you do however want to take a mid-workout product like Extend to get some vital BCAA's I would recommend it. Studies have shown that your muscles may enter a catabolic state between 60 and 90min into a workout. Taking a product like Extend could help aid in recovery during this phase and help keep the intensity of your workout up.

I know this is a pretty long response for a Gluta-Lyn review, but I just thought I would share my opinion.

Effectiveness = 9: Provides an excellent source of Glutamine.

Value = 9: Fairly cheap but even cheaper in powder form.

Overall = 8: I believe that there are easier sources of getting your essential Glutamine levels.
      AngryOldMan
        September 1, 2011

After I got back into lifting a few years ago, everything went great at first. I made fairly rapid gains and all my lifts increased. Then after about a year, I started getting sore. Eventually, it got to the point where it was interfering with my exercising. I stumbled upon this site, and a lot of people recommended this product. In short, it worked great.

Results 9.5/10
      Within a week my DOMS were all but gone. Couldn't have asked for better!

Taste 9/10
      They're a capsule. Like most (but not all) capsules, they have virtually no taste.

Value 9/10
      I take anywhere from 3-6 capsules/day depending on how sore I think I might get based on my workout. It can get fairly pricey at this rate. I do drink protein shakes that have glutamine in them, but I really need the Gluta-Lyn for my best recovery.

Overall 9/10
      Both my wife and teenage son mocked me a little for thinking that these pills would help. After a grueling day of skiing, my son was so sore he asked to try some Gluta-Lyn. He was much less sore than his friends the next day. I felt thoroughly vindicated. I don't catch any more grief for any of my supps after this incident.

The only negative that I want to mention is that it seems that my weight loss became harder since using this product. Not sure if there is a correlation or not.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Less Soreness
        jdthered
          August 17, 2011

When I was getting together my cutting stack at the begening of the summer, I realized that I had never tried a stand alone glutamine product. I figured since it was one of the highest rated supplements on this site, and that it is fairly inexpensive it would deffinetly be worth a try.

First off a little background on glutamine. Glutamine is one of the most abundent amino acid found in our bodies, and can be found naturally in many foods which contain protein such as poultry, fish, nuts beans and dairy. Glutamine not only aids in Combating muscle fatigue, but it also works as an anti-catabloic agent. This means that it preserves your muscle tissue as well as premotes new muscle growth.

Sci Fits Gluta-Lyn 1500 is a pH buffered Glutamine product that is quickly and completely absorbed by the body and therefore utilized fully.

Dosage: I took 2-3 pills pre workout and then another 2-3 immediatly following my workout with a protein shake.

effectiveness: This product was excellent when it came to recovery. After long exausting workouts I would wake up feeling little to know soreness. I deffinetly found its anti-catabolic effects benificial as well during my cut. It paired nicely with Pink Magic and lipo-6 ultra concentrate. It really help me retain muscle while trying to lose fat.

value: I was able to pick up a 180 count bottle off of supplementwarehouse for a little over 20 bucks. Not to shabby, but it is fairly inexpensive no matter where you shop for supplements.

overall: This is being my first glutamine product that was not already in my protein, i gotta say im very impressed. This was also my first impression of Sci-Fit as a company and over all i was pleased with with there product and price. If you are still feeling like you got hit by a truck the next day after a long workout and protein just isnt enough, give Gluta-lyn a shot.
        RSloma
          May 23, 2011

Ok, so the other reviews really blew this one out of proportion. I would like to start off by saying that the workouts my coach has me doing get me sore 4 days out of the week -- really sore. I needed glutamine to help my muscles recover for the next day. While many claim this product is a miracle cure for soreness, it is not. Having said that, I did notice slight decrease in soreness; enough to make my workouts the next day much easier. When it comes down to it, nothing will completely get rid of soreness from a tough workout, but this product will help enough to get the job done and prepare you for the next day. I recommend this to people who are looking for something that will slightly help their soreness.
        Frankiemusc
          May 9, 2011

This is the first Glutamine product I have ever used, and I am sorry I did not get it sooner.

Initially purchased this because it was a deal on supplementdeals.net and came free with your purchase of Sci-Fit Kre-Alkalyn 1500.

Dosage: I took 2 pre-workout, 2 post workout and 2 right before bed. Found this to be very effective for me based on my weight of 223-228 lbs 45 days ago .

Value: 10/10 The bottle came free with my Kre-Alkalyn 1500 purchase from bb.com. You can't beat that. In all I think both items cost $30.

Effectiveness: 9/10 Excellent product. After about a week of taking the above dosage, I noticed upon waking up my muscles appeared a lot fuller than normal and fuller later in the day.

Recovery times were shortened which resulted in me feeling less sore than normal, especially after training legs. Typically I am sore for 3 days and noticed while taking this it cut at least one day of soreness out.

Conclusion: This is a staple product for anyone working out. I would definitely suggest purchasing this product and dosing it according to your weight.

I just ran out myself last week and have to place an order shortly.
        marcus805
        Rep: -3
          April 5, 2011

Definitely one of the best OVERALL supplements I've ever taken. I'm on my 3rd 240 count bottle. I rarely give 10's across because most supps don't deserve it!

I am not a powder guy unless it tastes like chocolate! Hah. Everything else I just tolorate. So if possible i will always get the caps. These gel caps are small and easy to take with anything. And you don't have to take a bunch, 2 pre-workout and 2 post-workout. Taking anymore than 4 a day is just a waste.

I can definitely see and feel the difference when on this. Especially waking up the next morning after a hard workout. It doesn't take as long to limp to the bathroom because of how sore you are! Hahaha.

Along with this product I take Kre-Alkalyn, and Nitrox II. Which are also both made by SciFit. Would highly recommend both of these as part of your daily supp regiment! And I just ordered some AfterShock Recovery (super duper exicted!) So will see how that goes!

Overall I would recommend this product to anyone if you do any kind of athletic training, this product will help with your recovery process and your morning after soreness. I have nothing bad to say about this product! Three 10's!!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Recovery
        • Excellent Value
        • Works Great With Kre Alkalyn 1500
        • Less Soreness
        • Effective
          vinvanman
            February 20, 2011

I have always used glutamine with good results. When I found out the deal that BB.com was offering(still is just checked)I decided that what the heck. Looks like a pretty good deal especially as I had already used the Kre-Alk and loved it and the PH delivery system. This offers the same delivery. I can't say enough good things about Gluta-Lyn! It stacks great with Kre-Alk. It helps with everything. I Originally took it with the intent of helping with recovery and it does indeed help with that, but I was very pleasantly surprised about how much it helped with my overall workout. It helps with pumps and endurance during workouts and recovery time in between sets. I am very impressed with Sci-fit products. Everything that I have taken from this company has been outstanding. I am now waiting for BB.com or someone to run a special on Nitrox II. Highly, highly recommend Gluta-Lyn.
          • Great Value
          • Gives Good Pumps During Workout
          • Fantastic Product!
          workoutnoob
            February 3, 2011

I got this supplement when I was new to the site, at the suggestion of a fellow and more wise member and I am extremely glad that I did!!!!!

I remember at times being almost unbearably sore after workouts, especially after long days of really pushing it at the gym. After I added this to my stack I can honestly say, it made a WORLD of difference. I did not feel nearly as sore after taking this, and my recovery times improved greatly, thus helping with my gains. This will most likely become a permanent fixture in my stack. I would recommend this to ANYONE who wants quicker recovery times and less soreness, all for a great price!
          • None!

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.