This product has been reported as discontinued.

Gluta-Lyn 1500

By: SciFit

Gluta-Lyn 1500 is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by SciFit. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain. This product has been reported as discontinued.

What should I take with Gluta-Lyn 1500?
Manimal

I very rarely give out straight 10s. But i honestly think this product deserves it.

I had experienced with L-Glutamine off and on for a couple years, but never really found it to be worth the money. So i stopped taking it for a while. I bought a small bottle of Kre Alkalyn to see if i liked it, and then after that month, i bought the bigger bottle that came with Gluta-lyn for free at BodyBuilding.com. I immediately started noticing better recovery after taking Gluta-Lyn. I've now gone through two-240 count bottles and had great results from both. I dosed it accordingly to how i felt my body needed it. 1 pill upon waking, 1 after my pre workout meal, and 1 before bed. On leg days, i throw a 4th pill in, usually with my post workout meal.

There are quite a few benefits for supplementing L-glutamine. Some of them are- repair and recovery of muscle tissue (the obvious), Immune System support, protein synthesis, help in restoration of glycogen, and in one study or another- the support of GH production.

Sci-Fit is starting to win me over with their honesty and products that work so well, at a reasonable price. I got these bottles for free, but even at the 20-25 bucks for Gluta-lyn alone, it is still a great deal in my opinion. I'm not gonna write a book about L-glutamine.
Bottom line- This one is top notch and i highly recommend it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Less Soreness
  • Great Value
  • Effective

I am on my second bottle of gluta-lyn and all I can say is its the real deal guys. 2 pills = 7.5g of glutamine. I take it 3 times a day, with my morning protein shake, post-workout and at bed time with my casein shake. Gluta-lyn is also ph buffered witch is proven to absorb 100% in to the bloodstream meaning there is no waste.

-Effectivness 10/10: It helps with...

-Effectivness 10/10: It helps with protein synthesis and also prevents your muscle from being catabolized. I found it definitely helped with my recovery and building new lean muscle.

-Taste 10/10: If you take the pills its tasteless and easy to swallow. The powder isn't bad at all I couldn't even tell it was in my protein shake.

-Value 10/10: Because its ph buffered you don't need to take as much to get the same effectiveness as standard glutamine so thats a huge plus. You can still get a free gluta-lyn with a purchase of kre-alkalyn or prota-lyn protein.

Gluta-lyn is superior to all other glutamine in my opinion. I will never buy regular glutamine again. SciFit has done a superb job on this great product!
MMAFreak

I have always since I started training been a firm believer in supplementing glutamine into my diet and this is by far the most effective form of it I have come across. The great part is that every time I buy a 3lb container of Prota-Lyn, which is another great product from sci-fit, I get a 240 ct bottle of these babies free! Talk about value! I have the powder form of it that was also free as well, but I really like the convenience of the pill form for when I'm out and about at work. Being Ph buffered means that you can take less and get more out of it than traditional glutamine supplements. I really notice a difference in recovery time and alleviation of DOMS when I'm taking these little blue pills. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in the body and a must take for anyone who takes their training seriously. I have yet to try a Sci-Fit product that I didn't love and this one stays with the trend for sure. Even when the deal at bb.com for a free bottle with Prota-Lyn is long gone I will continue to use this product as it has become a staple in my arsenal. There is two different ways to get this product free at bb.com, so no excuse to not try it. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
  • Works Great With Kre Alkalyn 1500

Just finished my first 120 capsule bottle today. As recommended to me by my man BirdMan! Here is my review.

I ran this supplement as such:
1 pill AM w/ morning shake.
2 pills Post Workout with shake
2 pills before bed with Casein

I ran this supplement as such:
1 pill AM w/ morning shake.
2 pills Post Workout with shake
2 pills before bed with Casein

The recovery time was increased while I ran this product. Some of the most noticable recovery was with my leg routine. I typically have DOMS 36 hours after my leg split. The Gluta-lyn has helped very nicely with leg recovery. Legs are alot less sore. I would estimate that a full day or two was gained in less soreness while taking this supplement.

Another problem area for me is chest soreness, this was helped as well with the Gluta-lyn. Incline DB Bench makes my top chest really sore and this turned down that volume level for sure.

Effectiveness Rating: 9

Even better than the effectiveness of this product is the price. It is so inexpensive anyone would be silly not to run this. You can get it free with a purchase of Prota-lyn at BB.com as most of you know. From a cost/benefit ratio, this may be the best part of my stack.

Value: 10+

In short: Sci-Fit has hit another home run, another great pH balanced glutamine supplement. Glad I took Birds advice.

Overall: 9+

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Excellent Value
  • Less Soreness

This is the first Glutamine product I have ever used, and I am sorry I did not get it sooner.

Initially purchased this because it was a deal on supplementdeals.net and came free with your purchase of Sci-Fit Kre-Alkalyn 1500.

Dosage: I took 2 pre-workout, 2 post...

Dosage: I took 2 pre-workout, 2 post workout and 2 right before bed. Found this to be very effective for me based on my weight of 223-228 lbs 45 days ago .

Value: 10/10 The bottle came free with my Kre-Alkalyn 1500 purchase from bb.com. You can't beat that. In all I think both items cost $30.

Effectiveness: 9/10 Excellent product. After about a week of taking the above dosage, I noticed upon waking up my muscles appeared a lot fuller than normal and fuller later in the day.

Recovery times were shortened which resulted in me feeling less sore than normal, especially after training legs. Typically I am sore for 3 days and noticed while taking this it cut at least one day of soreness out.

Conclusion: This is a staple product for anyone working out. I would definitely suggest purchasing this product and dosing it according to your weight.

I just ran out myself last week and have to place an order shortly.
  • None!

Like many here, I started Gluta-lyn because of "the deal" (Buy Kre Alk 1500 and get this free). At first glance, it seemed a little pricey if one were to buy it at regular price, but the reviews on this site were good and Sci Fits claims of the product definately made me want to try it.

To fully test the effectiveness of the product, I decided to take it as soon as I finished my creatine cycle. The only other post workout I used during the period was Optimum 100% Gold Standard for the first 30 days and MyoFusion for the second 30 days.
My expectations weren't all that high as I figured it to be a typical glutamine product which isn't necessarily a bad thing. What I actually found was that my recoveries were better than ever before. Muscle soreness was very noticably down, especially noticed after leg days and chest days. My recovery time increased significantly and I found that I was able to effectively work my chest twice a week which I struggled to before.

Sci Fit claims this to be ph buffered and 100% absorbable. They say that 1500mg of Gluta-lyn is equivalent to 7500mg of normal glutamine. While I can't fully speak on the exact equivalent, what I will say is that my recoveries with this have been better than previous 5000mg Glutamine Powders that I have used.
Overall, the last two months, I experienced greater strength gains than I had in many years and I did so without creatine! This will a permanent part of my stack from this point forward.
  • Less Soreness

Sci Fit seems to have another winner in this product. Like the Kre Alk it is ph buffered so it absorbs much better than a normal glutamine pill or powder. I do not buy that it absorbs 100% though, no matter what they do nothing will ever absorb 100%, I think some people on here drink a little to much of the Sci Fit Kool Aid. But having said that I def do believe that it absorbs better than other glutamine supps I have taken and that is all you can ask for. I have noticed that my recovery is better on it and since glutamine is involved in the immunity system I feel like i've avoided some petty little colds and things that others around me have gotten. As far as the price BB.Com seems to always have a deal where you can get a free bottle so value is through the roof. All in all I def recommend this product.
  • Less Soreness

Being the most popular product on this site, i had to try it. Bought it for the recovery, because i for the most part am terribly sore the next morning after workouts. I received a 240 ct bottle with my Kre Alk from bb.com.

Dosage: 9

Dosage: 9
I started dosing at 2 capsules in the morning and 2 capsules prior to bed, and saw decent recents. But i quickly played with it and found taking 2 prior and 2 after with my protein shake worked that best. So 4 capsules a day in a 240 ct will last a long time.

Effectiveness: 9
After getting my dosing down, and having to go a week without glutalyn i know how much of a quality product his truly is. I rarely am noticeably sore the next day or to where it will inhibit my workout. I absolutely love not being deadly sore waking up the next morning, and when i do not take this product i will notice being much more sore than usual

Value: 10
I got this for free with my purchase of Kre Alk, so perfect as can be considering the Kre Alk is fairly inexpensive in itself!

Overall: 9
First time taking glutamine as a solo supplement, usually just in a pre workout or post workout. But i have learned to respect and recommend glutamine by itself and most specifically glutalyn 1500 because of my great results in muscle recovery and delaying fatigue.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Less Soreness
  • Free!
jdthered
  August 17, 2011

When I was getting together my cutting stack at the begening of the summer, I realized that I had never tried a stand alone glutamine product. I figured since it was one of the highest rated supplements on this site, and that it is fairly inexpensive it would deffinetly be worth a try.

First off a little background on glutamine. Glutamine is one of the most abundent amino acid found in our bodies, and can be found naturally in many foods which contain protein such as poultry, fish, nuts beans and dairy. Glutamine not only aids in Combating muscle fatigue, but it also works as an anti-catabloic agent. This means that it preserves your muscle tissue as well as premotes new muscle growth.

Sci Fits Gluta-Lyn 1500 is a pH buffered Glutamine product that is quickly and completely absorbed by the body and therefore utilized fully.

Dosage: I took 2-3 pills pre workout and then another 2-3 immediatly following my workout with a protein shake.

effectiveness: This product was excellent when it came to recovery. After long exausting workouts I would wake up feeling little to know soreness. I deffinetly found its anti-catabolic effects benificial as well during my cut. It paired nicely with Pink Magic and lipo-6 ultra concentrate. It really help me retain muscle while trying to lose fat.

value: I was able to pick up a 180 count bottle off of supplementwarehouse for a little over 20 bucks. Not to shabby, but it is fairly inexpensive no matter where you shop for supplements.

overall: This is being my first glutamine product that was not already in my protein, i gotta say im very impressed. This was also my first impression of Sci-Fit as a company and over all i was pleased with with there product and price. If you are still feeling like you got hit by a truck the next day after a long workout and protein just isnt enough, give Gluta-lyn a shot.
  • None!

One of the very few products that I'll give a product all 10's, but this one can't be beat. It's super cheap even with or without "the deal", but with "the deal", I'll be stocking up on more Prota-Lyn and Gluta-lyn. Also, a huge benefit is that since it's Sci-fit, and we know how much they love their sodium ash, it is PH Buffered and that means more is absorbed... and that means less product you have to ingest which also means that it's easier on the body. That's a lot of "meaning".

Now the only thing I might disagree with "ph buffering" is that I feel that too much sodium ash can cause your stomach to be way too low in the acidic range, meaning it's not effective at breaking down your protein and sugar post work out. I haven't had any digestive problems while taking these products, but it's a concern of mine.

Another great nature of the product is that my sugar cravings dropped significantly. This is one of the few glutamine products I've tried, and with glutamine, after about 1 week, my sugar cravings plummeted and I ended up sticking to complex carbs all day with no desire to eat very sweet foods.

Also, with this and any other product, took a couple of days for me to really notice anything. But when that happened, I noticed it. It took about 3 days before soreness occurred "occasionally" and when it happened, it felt good instead of "not wanting to workout" kind. If you are new or interested in a different kind of glutamine for recovery, then I suggest this product... but mind you, it might not take effect until several days later.

How I ran it:

2 caps with breakfast
2 caps post workout
And depending on how I felt, then 2 caps with before bed meal for added recovery.

Sorry, no cons. I got two big bottles laying around, and I'll probably be picking up 2 more with Prota-Lyn.

• Cheap
  • Gives Good Pumps During Workout
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.