Testogen XR Reviews

By: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #10 of 108 (better than 92%) in
Growth Enhancers > Natural Testosterone Boosters

Testogen XR is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Ronnie Coleman Signature Series. It helps optimize your natural testostorone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

Amino acid that may boost testosterone levels in men in addition to increasing levels of Luteinizing Hormone and Follicle-stimulating Hormone.

Arginine by-product that helps with pumps, nutrient partitioning, and focus all in one.

August 12, 2015

So while I was taking this product I was on a calorie deficit and just finishing up a run of DPOL and Inhibit - E. I stopped with the DPOL about 4 weeks prior to starting this. Keep the Inhibit-E during the first 4 weeks of this 8 week run. I was excited to try this stuff because it was a blend of interesting items - not just DAA like DPOL.

When I first opened the box my wife made a comment about how happy Ronnie looked on the label. Ronnie does look happy - and so was I cuz I was about to take part in a 8 week journey to gains town...

----Ingredient Profile---- 7/10
Since we are no longer putting all the ingredients in the reviews I will run down the high lights and comment on the effect/lack of effect each component had during my 8 week run of this stuff. More details in the effectiveness area.

DAA was dosed at 3120 mg - which is pretty potent versus the category average. I was expecting this stuff to provide some of the same effects as DPOL. That didn't happen for me.

The other thing that made me interested in this supplement initially was some of the other components like Agmatine, Astragalus, and Taurine. I was looking for some better pumps, fuller muscles, and that extended "just set down the dumbbell" look/feel.

The Performance & Enhancement System prop blend was another aspect of this supplement I was excited about trying - always looking to find ways to help me recover and this product seemed to have different elements that could help with that interspersed within this blend.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---- 6/10

This stuff mixes poorly. Maybe it is just my expectation of what something mixing together should look like but dang it - no matter what I did to this stuff it was just always gritty. It took 2-3 rinses to get everything out of the glass or shaker cup.

Taste was ok - I had Strawberry Lemonade and Orange Creamsicle. Both tasted ok. Nothing awful - I didnt dread the taste. The grit was more an issue and it was an annoyance.

Dosing is easy peasy. one time a day - prior to work out or before breakfast on an off day.

----Effectiveness---- 6/10

This supplement was completely hit and miss with me. There were days in which my pumps were awesome, my muscles were full, and I could go forever in the gym. Then there were days where things were just - meh... The test boost, which is the primary reason for me trying this, did not seem to be there. No changes in aggression, libido, etc... I am not saying I got get weaker - but compared to the last test booster cycle I ran I didnt have the intensity and extra aggression - especially in the gym - I experienced before.

As for the pumps - they were hit and miss - some days lots; some days nots. I stacked this with the staples and was using Inhibit E in the beginning (first 4 weeks). Once I stopped using the Inhibit E pumps dropped some and never really improved over the last 4 weeks. I am sure the Inhibit E dried me out some but still - I was hoping to keep that fullness and it didn't happen for me consistently.

The recovery was pretty solid throughout. Rarely was I sore - I could get back in the gym the next day and hit ti pretty hard. Even when I would mix in the HIIT throughout the 8 weeks my recovery was pretty spot on. Not knowing how the prop blend is dosed I would still say the components of that portion of this supplement assisted in my recovery...

----Value---- 8/10
60 servings for $40 after a BOGO free on I would say that is solid value for this product. That said - I wouldn't pay more than that for it after this run.

----Side Effects---- 8/10
No sides that I could note. The first day I had an "explosion" and thought - "awww man, these dudes were right about this stuff!" But after that - nada. As I said there was little to no increased aggression, libido, acne, nothing... So it is good - and bad - that there werent any sides, I guess...

----Conclusion---- 6/10
I didn't get what I thought I would get out of this - consistent pumps, a full test boost, and results similar to what I saw with DPOL. It was, however, a solid product that did support my recovery and supplement my diet/lifting regimen. I would not pay full price for this - I would wait and get it on a deal like I did when I bought it BOGO @ $40 on
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Granular
  • Higher Side On Artificial Colors And Flavors (Roughly 19%)
  • No Test Boosting Effects
  • Proprietary Blend Should Be Clearer
  May 16, 2015

If your answer to the title is a big, fat "YES" then I would recommend this product. I am currently in the midst of getting certified to be a personal trainer (PT) so I have a huge interest of all the products I take to the detailed level. Yes, my girlfriend sometimes call me a nerd, but hey that's what happens when you get passionate and interested to supplements related to workout. Anyway, below are my thoughts on Ronnie Coleman Signature Series (RCSS) Testogen XR.

Ingredient Profile: 9/10
The most important ingredient in natural testosterone booster is D-Aspartic Acid. In fact you can go to a supplement store and just buy pure D-Aspartic Acid (2,000mg minimum per serve) and mix it up with your pre workout shake and you will get testosterone boosting effect as well. This could work for budget conscious shoppers.

D-Aspartic Acid (D-AA)(3,120mg): Standard dosage for D-AA is 2,000 to 3,000 mg. D-AA can be used as a testosterone booster for infertile men, and by athletes as a temporary booster. Elevated testosterone levels only last a week to a week and a half in healthy men, with testosterone returning to normal afterward.

D-AA works in the central brain region to cause a release of hormones, such as luteinizing hormone (stimulates Leydig cell production of testosterone), follicle-stimulating hormone, and growth hormone. It may also build up in the testicles, where it alleviates a rate-limiting step of Testosterone synthesis, which leads to a minor testosterone increase.

Various clinical tests have shown that D-AA actually works and boosts testosterone level in healthy men.

Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)(500 I.U): Cholecalciferol to be exact is vitamin D3. 500 I.U. of Cholecalciferol is 125% of daily dosage. Your skin actually makes Cholecalciferol when you are exposed to ultraviolet rays from the sun.

Cholecalciferol is important for the absorption of calcium and phosphorous from the stomach and proper functioning of the minerals. In addition, there has been a research done in Germany where small but statistically significant increase in testosterone levels was detected in men who received vitamin D3.

I also think vitamin D3 was added for better absorption of Calcium D-Glucarate which is included in Testogen-XR.

Agmatine (1,000mg): 1,000mg is a good clinical dosage. Below are some handpicked information regarding Agmatine taken from another website.

Agmatine is a pain fighter. This can be beneficial to the athlete in two ways: It can potentiate the effects of analgesics used during recuperation from injury. It has the potential to aid post-workout recovery.

Agmatine enhances insulin production leading to better insulin response. This allows for positive effects in attaining body composition goals. Better insulin response means a harder and leaner more muscular body.

Agmatine acts on various hypothalamic and pituitary peptide hormones such as LH and GH. These will have subsequent effects on other hormones like IGF-1. Control of the hormonal environment of the athlete and you will perform better, look better and feel better.

Agmatine possesses anxiolytic (relieves anxiety) and antidepressant properties offering potential control of cortisol levels in the stressful life of the athlete.

Agmatine modulates nitric oxide (NO) through different ways. It stimulates some types of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) while inhibiting others. This is essential to the proper functioning of the polyamine biosynthetic pathways.

Agmatine acts on catecholamine (Epinephrine > Norepinephrine > Dopamine) release. These endogenous compounds are part of nearly every action in the body. Most notably for the athlete is the role that this compound would ultimately have in both energy production and aiding anticipation of the stress afforded by competition. However, there are also well-established roles that epinephrine can have on the body that includes:
Increasing endurance
Enhancing performance
Decreasing body fat

Agmatine has an antioxidant role. There can be no greater source of free-radical build up than that seen in the day-to-day activity of the athlete. The sheer stress that the body takes on when in you're an athlete in the trenches (i.e. - the gym, the field, etc...) could ultimately have significant detrimental effects with continued build up.

Agmatine can offer protection from the undesired effects that free radicals can have on the body.

For the athlete desiring body composition change, Agmatine has an independent role of insulin and testosterone management on lipid (fat) metabolism.

AstraGin (50mg): Helps in better absorption of amino acids and vitamins. 50mg is right on the dot for recommended dosage.

Performanace & Enhancement System (2,305mg)
L-Carnitine Tartrate: This substance plays a crucial role in helping your body burn, or oxidize, fat for fuel. It allows body to use fat as an energy source, carnitine transports long-chain fatty acids into specialized fuel manufacturing centers called mitochondria.

Taurine: Taurine is an amino acid that supports neurological development and helps regulate the level of water and minerals in the blood. Taurine is also thought to have antioxidant properties. In some studies, taurine combined with caffeine improves mental performance. Green Tea Extract contains caffeine but you will get more if you stack Testogen-XR with MyoBlitz XS.

Horny Goat Weed: Do I really need to explain this? LOL. Herb based testosterone booster.

Nettles (Root): Natural free testosterone booster. Studies have found that lignans in nettle bind to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), potentially leading to greater testosterone levels.

Green Tea Extract (Leaf): Most well known green tea extract facts are fat burning properties, antioxidants, and caffeine.

Calcium D-Glucarate: There are research done showing that Calcium D-Glucarate might reduce estrogen levels. Also has detoxifying properties to remove carcinogens and toxins.

All the proprietary blend contents are good but I really can't tell whether they are clinically dosaged.

Taste: 8/10

I have personally tasted Orange Creamsicle and Strawberry Lemonade. Both are quite good with roughly 8oz (~235ml) of water but this is just my personal taste. Please try with less or more water depending on your own taste buds. I also personally prefer Strawberry Lemonade over Orange Cremsicle.

Mixability: 7/10
Doesn't dissolve completely even with a shaker. You will have some granular powders sinking at the bottom.

Effectiveness (Stand alone): 7/10
It does what it is supposed to do: Boosts free testosterone level. However, if you want to use it as a stand alone pre workout then you will not get that elevated mental state which you might look for in a stim pre workout.

Effectiveness (Stacked with Myo Blitz XS): 9/10
This combo stack will bring this product to another level! Muscle to mind connection, good mental focus, enhanced strength and endurance and great pump! In fact, I have tried stacking Testogen-XR with MTS Clash and Pre Jym as well and they all worked out great. However, it might just be psychological but I felt Testogen-XR stacked best with Myo Blitz XS.

Slightly on the pricey side. 30 servings per container. As mentioned above, if you are on a budget, you could just get some D-Aspartic Acid powder which will give you more bang for your buck for similar results.

Overall I am happy with this product and I will buy it again. Definitely will be in my main stack for quite some time. Some other positives that might be worth noting are increased sexual drive and enhanced feeling during copulation. However the negative down sides are occasional bathroom issues (aka diarrhea) and I was informed by my girlfriend that I do tend to be more short tempered while I am on Testogen-XR. I might try out the capsule version of Testogen-XR since they have more active ingredients and no artificial colors and flavors.

Remember to cycle this product every 4 weeks as cautioned in the warning label.
  • Builds Muscles
  • Granular
  • Minor Aggression
  • Proprietary Blend Should Be Clearer
  • Higher Side On Artificial Colors And Flavors (Roughly 19%)
  August 21, 2014

I am back after a long, dormant period of not reviewing supplements. A lot has changed including the site layout. I hope to provide you with insight and maybe even a few laughs (especially with my experience with this supplement). Let's get into it...

Taste: 10/10
I just finished up my 30 day tub of Testogen and I will severely miss it in the morning. Strawberry Lemonade was a nice refreshing nice way to start off the day. As far as dissolving goes, you will not find anything better than this DAA. A couple swirls in a cup with a spoon and you are good to go. You may get a tiny little bit of sediment, but only a light dusting that you can swallow whole.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10
My test levels have been all over the place lately. It's really hard to pinpoint Testogen's role in my overall test increase. Over the period that I consumed it I experienced muscle gain and a better lifting experience overall. The ingredient profile is much more promising than any other DAA product IMO.

As much as I liked the product I still preferred AI's DAA better. Much more simple formula but much less agonizing side effects (which I will explain earlier). AI's DAA is also a lot more servings.

Libido: N/A
My libido has been thrown off by other products so I don't want to misinform.

Side effects: 2/10
I will keep this as mild as I can for how I feel about what this product did to my O-ring.
Almost as perfectly timed as a train, an hour after consuming Testogen I had to be seat-belted down to a toilet with a weighted vast to keep from blasting off planet Earth into orbit. I started calling it "nuclear reactor dookies" or "peeing out my butt". I would be sitting in my office going through paperwork...BANG...I have 20 seconds to get to the nearest restroom or suffer a soupy death. There were times while I was clench-walking to the bathroom I thought even the slightest misstep and the Colorado river would project out from behind me. If you were sitting in the stall next to me you'd be thinking, "Is this guy sitting down to pee right now." When I was finally done unleashing anything that has ever been in my intestines it looked like Jackson Pollock finished his most recent painting.

Summary: 8.5/10
A very good tasting and functional product that will help you obtain your goals, but(t) at what cost.

Hope this helps.
  June 27, 2014

TestogenXR has always been on top of my wish list but unfortunately I live in a country where less is found and for a price.

A couple months ago I was hanging out at a mall with my fiance and I was very glad to see some of the RCSS at a sport shop so I immediately bought one.

As recommended. 1 scoop preworkout or prior breakfast on off days.

Taste: 9/10
I had the wild berry. It's sweet and gives me a slight rush after drinking it.

Mixability: 9/10
Mixes very easily

I won't list nor discuss any of the ingredients since it's been done several times in previous reviews.

I was on a recomp and aiming to gain strength and I find test boosters a perfect match for this kind of goals.
Stack: TestoFX from AllMax (Was on my 7th week when I started testogen)
Creapure from allMax
Allwhey from AllMax
Combat from musclepharm
Mega men from GNC

Mood : 8/10
Since week 1 my mood got better most of the time but I could get angry very quickly which wasn't in line with my personality. I think test levels were high! I managed to calm down and deal with this issue after a few days though.

Pumps: 7/10
Pumps were OK , sometimes crazy and sometimes even nonexistent. I was expecting this instability since agmatine always works this way for me.

Pumps: 8/10
Vascularity is more noticeable even on my hairy thighs. I know getting leaner helps a lot but I'm sure testogen plays a good role.

Strength: 9/10
PRs came like rain on the third week even though I was on a very slight caloric surplus and only on training days while eating on a slight deficit on off days.
It's the 7th week now (2nd container) and the progress rate still steady despite it is the only test booster I'm taking right now.

Endurance : 7/10
Endurance was good. Combined with creatine I get the feeling of not wanting to leave the gym and it helps with cardio sessions.

Recovery: 7/10
Long and short term recovery were boosted. I need shorter rest between sets and the muscle pain is reduced. As for the next day I also felt it helped me a bit with soreness.

Muscle building and fat loss: 9/10
Arms, chest, thighs measurements remained the same while waist's was decreasing on a weekly basis to end up losing 1.4" in 7 weeks which is great when the goal is recomp
This is a proof I was gaining muscles while losing fat.
My weight dropped 2.7 lbs in the process.

Side effects: 9/10
I had no bathroom issues, no acne, no stomach disturbance, no headaches, I had nothing negative but the short temper that I knew how to deal with and it's all good.

Value 8/10
It is on the pricey side but understandably. I think it could be cheaper anyway.
  May 1, 2014

I must say I really enjoyed this product. I took 1 scoop a day for the duration of the product and was pleased with its effects. Thanks to the guys over at RCSS for supplying me with a month trial of this.

Taste and Ingredients - 10
I will not go over the ingredients since they have been covered extensively in the other reviews. I had orange creamsicle and I liked the taste and there were no mixing issues. I would mix it with some caffeine and creatine in the mornings.

Effectiveness - 9
I have taken test boosters before but this one seemed to work the best. I did not notice much recovery wise but I hit several pr's in the gym. I set new maxes on front squat, clean & jerk and even beat some of my best times on several "wods." Even though I train for CrossFit, I found this product super effective and I was sad when it ran out. I also noticed a clear boost in libido and no acne like some reviews have stated.

Value - 9
For 25-30$ this seems like it is a pretty good value, I just wish the container was a little bigger.

Overall that's what I thought of this product and I would definitely try it again.
      April 10, 2014

It was not difficult to decide which supplement would be the subject of my first review. Ronnie Coleman's Testogen-XR truly had positive impact on my results in the gym.

I'm a 34 year old guy, who took a four year hiatus from the gym due to heavy travel for work and girlfriends. Let's face it, it's a tough balance.

After a visit to the Doc in Oct 2012 and a ceremonial weighing on the scale, I said to myself "enough is enough"

I started back in the gym in January 2013 and I really was starting from the bottom. I repped 135 on bench press about 9 times that first night.

By July, I was seeing some strength gains but was still looking out of shape.

I started thinking that maybe with this weight gain and hitting my thirties, I'm suffering from low testosterone

I was on Facebook one day and an ad for Testogen XR appeared, so I clicked and decided to purchase a sample tub. I believe it was a 15 day supply. This was a big move for me as historically the deepest I went into supps was creatine in my mid twenties.

I researched DAA and came across the human studies and the 42% increase in free testosterone that subjects saw after a 10 day does at 3.12 grams. I also read that DAA is used as a fertility drug for men in Europe. All the signs pointed to this being a very effective product.

By day 10 of my first dose, I was feeling really good. I had a fire in belly that I hadn't felt in years. I was feeling much more assertive and perhaps aggressive. Libido started to creep up as well.

Needless to say, I ordered my first 30 dose tub on day 10.

In terms of the gym, this began a very productive six months for me.

Not only was I more driven, I was packing on muscle and seeing strength gains I hadn't seen before.

By September, I was able to begin a "Combine" bench press routine with 225. I reached 21 reps that month. Something that wasn't in the equation in July and a dream considering where I started in January.

These gains were seen in every muscle group. I got bigger and I got stronger.

I ended my second cycle in March 2014 and decided to take a break for a few months to see how my body reacts. So far, about a month into being without it, I haven't lost any strength but my gains are slower as is my recovery time.

Here's the scoop:

Taste: 10/10 Orange Creamsicle was my favorite. Authentic and true to the taste we grew up with. It was a refreshing was to start my day.

Mixability: 8/10- Ronnie added Nettles to this product as a estrogen blocker. I noticed that if I mixed in a paper cup, a small amount of the nettles would stick to the side. I would just add a little more water, mix again, to make sure I drank any that were left.

Effectiveness: 9/10- This product gave me everything I thought it would. From an overall sense of well being, to being more anabolic, and recovering faster. Ronnie know's how to formulate his products and his brand is truly one of best.

Also, As with anything hormonal, there is a cycle with ebbs and flows. Some days are really good and other days you'll feel just ok. But I felt really good the majority of the time and was able to maximize every workout I had during the two cycles.

Dosing: 10/10- This is so easy. I would take one scoop with 14 oz of cold water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Wait about an hour and eat breakfast. I liked taking it this way as I felt absorption was optimal.

Cycle: I took this product daily for 12 weeks, took a 30 day break and resumed for another 12 weeks.

Price: 9/10 I'm willing to pay for products that work. I found some great deals on ranging from 29.99-34.99 a tub. More or less the best $1.00/scoop I've ever spent.

Let's answer some questions:

How did you discover SR? I discovered SR researching supplements about nine months ago.

What prompted you to write this review? How strongly I felt this product to be effective.

What other similar products have you used and how do they compare? This is my only experience with DAA/Test boosters

How long have you taken this product? 24 weeks

What was your diet/exercise routine like before/after/during your use of the product? No alcohol whatsoever during these 24 weeks, water based protein shakes. high protein/low carb diet. 2 upper body/ 2 squat days a week

Were the results what you had expected? Yes

How many pounds of muscle/fat did you gain/lose? Not sure.

Were there any negative side-effects? I won't count irritability as a side effect. But, there were some bathroom issues that began early in the cycle that resolved in a week or so.

How could this product be improved? I think this product is perfect as is.

Will you use it again? Why/why not? Yes! I'm going to use this product again starting in June to expedite my cut cycle as my waistline is now 3" smaller than it was a year ago, I think leveraging the natural increase in T with supplemental T booster should be the magic bullet.

Other Supps Taken: 100mg Zinc Gluconate, 9MG Fish Oil, Myoblitz, whey protein, and multi vitamin

March 24, 2014

Alright I have been meaning write this for sometime. I have tried several DAA products of the years and some have been hits some not so much. This was winner and was able to show just how well a product can shine.

First off I am on TRT and although its a lower dose than what some are on, I will say that about a week into this tub I was off TRT for the remainder of the tub. I had trouble with getting in with the doc and ended up just saying I needed a break anyway, as suggested by the Doc a while back.. anyway on to the review.

Ingredients 9
    Its a pretty straight forward profile with some added high quality ingredients.
    Total Fat 0 g 0%

Performance & Enhancement System 2,305mg "¡
    L-Carnitine Tartrate, Taurine, Horny Goat Weed
    (Epimedium grandiflorum)(herb), Nettles (root),
    Green Tea Extract (leaf), Calcium D-Glucarate

Cole and chichi talked a bit more on the ingredients so check them out for more info.

Taste 10!
    I had the orange creamsicle and I have to say.. YES BUDDY! This is awesome and really mixed well with just about any other flavor BCAA or PWO you added it to. I loved this flavor!

Mixing 9
    Pretty normal, Not much grit, floater's or sinkers in this. I just shook it some and chugged it anyway.

Effectivess 9
    Well I have to say that with me coming off TRT and throughout the tub I continued to make great gains on most ever lift!. I got a PR of 360 Bench and 355 squat and 315 for 8 on squats while on this. I can not say it was this alone as I was the right mind frame to go for numbers for a while. But DAA always helps me greatly every time I use it, I always have strength gains and seem to lean out and get way more vascular while on a DAA product.

Also Something to mention is this did not run me to the bathroom like some other DAA blends have before.

I just feel that this and the added Resurrect PM really helped me recover well and helped me make some solid gains that I have been missing for a while. Also I did notice that my joints did hurt some while on this but that always happens while on DAA for some reason with me. Also the libido was even more than when I was on TRT . This is one thing I love about DAA. If you want to leave the wife waving the white flag at the end of the night, try this!

Value. 8.5 -9
    Now I have to say this is a bit higher than some others that are out there, But let me say this, Ronnie and his team have and will most likely always only put top quality ingredients that actually benefit the consumer. And some of these Patented ingredients I am sure are not cheap to get. But for what a good natural test booster that actually works can bring you, I feel its worth it, especially if you are not wanting to step into the dark side of supplements just yet.

Overall 9
    I feel this really helped me in many ways . Being 37 years old I do not have those natural high test levels that I did 10 years ago, But to be able to just simple drink a product everyday and see great results and have strength gains that just really make you proud of yourself. I feel that speaks volumes. Well done again Ronnie!
      March 13, 2014

Big thanks to Joeflah and ronnie for opening up another log op and putting out another great product. I used this as part of my PCT and it didnt disappoint at all.

All dosed correctly, small prop blend in there but just includes the stuff thats in almost all tboosters(horny goat weed, nettles, taurine, etc)

I received strawberry lemonade, and to be honest at 1st i wasnt too fond of it but after the 1st week it really started to grow on me. I started using ice water and it became quite refreshing.

Everything mixes great with the exception of the gritty DAA, but thats not any fault of RCSS.

I used this without a PWO the 1st 3 weeks and then added in bullnox PWO in that last week. Without a PWO this gave me a little pump, and very little energy, but it did give me an overall more alpha feeling. Coming off of Epi I felt like crap, but this really helped me get back to normal feeling pretty quickly. All my lifts stayed at on cycle numbers my bench actually went up 5 lbs to a new PR at 325 in week 3 then i injured my shoulder once again. :/

Now stacked with Bullnox...Great Odens Raven.. the pump was the absolute best ive ever experienced. On arm night i lifted for like 2 hrs hard and felt like i left with more in the tank. Im not a vascular person at all even a few years ago when i was near single digits in BF% i could barely see ANY veins, but this had them sticking out everywhere and i had trouble taking my headphones out my arms were so full.

Its a little expensive but thats not ut of the ordinary for an effective test booster. You get what you pay for.

Side Effects-9.5

Only thing i noticed was some shoulder and back acne around the middle of week 2. Its already clearing up and thats not a big deal to me at all.
    Never had any bathroom issues, well once but that could have been due to something else.

So overall i had a great experience and i may give this a shot on a natty cycle in the near future.
    • Minor Bacne
      March 11, 2014

Here is my review for Testogen-RX the first product I have used in the RCSS. Got to give thanks to the people of RCSS for letting log/Review their products. This is my first ever review on this site. Overall I was satisfied with the product with my strength gains and increase of libido. I would use this product again, but I would use another pre workout like Myo Blitz XS. Here is my overall Breakdown of the product.

Ingredients: 8.0

AsparTest (D-Aspartic Acid) - 3,120mg
    Agmatine - 1,000mg
    AstraGin - 50mg
    Performance and Enhancement System 2,305mg –L-Carnitine Tartrate, Taurine, Horny Goat Weed, Nettles Root , Green Tea Extract, Calcium D-Glucarate
    Good ingredients profile, but I would like to see something else in there for the pump.

Value: 8.0

I like that it's a full 30 serving product which
    now you see lots of test boosters around 20 servings and not a full 30. With this product it various in price depending where you get it and if you get it in pill or powder form. I would like to see it a little cheaper than what I see on some sites. A dollar or 1.25 a serving is how much I would pay for this product, which you see on most supplement sites.

Dosage: 9.0

Dosing times is 30 minutes before workout or first thing in the morning. 30 minutes is what you see with most pre workout products today and first thing in the morning is perfect right before a morning quickie.

Taste: 9.0

The flavor I had was Strawberry Lemonade and it was great. It had none of the bitter taste that you have in most pre workouts today. Enjoyed every serving from the first one to the last one.

Effectiveness and Side Effects: 8.0

During this log I had no side effects. I saw reviews of acne and some other sides, but I saw none of them. The effects I saw where increased libido and strength with this product. I had a couple of PR's like with my hack squat and leg curls.

March 6, 2014

Testogen XR is advertised as the Ultimate Testosterone & N.O. Amplifier. It claims to boost natural testosterone levels and amplify male libido & performance. Additionally it claims to give the consumer increased strength, recovery, vasodilation, endurance and extended workout pumps.

--------------- Ingredients -----------

Serving Size: 1 scoop – 8g
    Servings per container - 30

AsparTest (D-Aspartic Acid) - 3,120mg
    An amino acid which in University human clinical trials resulted in an increase in luteinizing hormone by 33% and an increase of testosterone by a 42% in only 12 days.

Agmatine - 1,000mg
    Prevents your body from breaking down nitric oxide resulting in better blood flow which can benefit you in the gym and out.

AstraGin - 50mg
    Improve the absorption of critical nutrients including Amino acids such as Arginine by 66.7%, Vitamins by 50.4%, Glucosamine by 41.9% and ATP production by 18%.

Performance and Enhancement System 2,305mg –
    Proprietary blend consists of:

L-Carnitine Tartrate -
    Natural substance that contributes to a normal functioning metabolism, helps improve vitality, prevents heart problems and increases fat burning.

Taurine –
    Amino Acid that regulates the constriction of the vascular system, allowing blood vessels and arteries to widen.

Horny Goat Weed -
    A time tested aphrodisiac from ancient Chinese medicine that increases libido, improves erectile function and combats fatigue.

Nettles Root -
    Inhibits the production of aromatase which in turn decreases the production of estrogen.

Green Tea Extract –
    A natural energizer that raises metabolism, increases fat oxidation and helps suppress appetite.

Calcium D-Glucarate -
    Helps eliminate estrogen and toxins in the body.

--------------- Value ---------------

At the time of this writing, the cheapest I could find this product was on for $43 for a 30 serving tub. This works out to $1.43 per serving. This is a little more money than the average test booster, but keep mind that you are also getting the muscle pump blend at the same time, making this 2 products in one.

As another option, this product also comes in a 90 capsule bottle for $28 but at a recommended 6 caps per day, you'll only get 15 days out of the bottle. On the plus side though, you get a full 2g of Agmatine per day instead of the 1g that comes in one scoop of the powder. Now if you are someone who only needs 1g of Agmatine then you could take 3 caps per day, but you'd still have to supplement the extra 1.5g of DAA to get the scientifically proven 3g per day. However, DAA can be purchased fairly cheap and this could be an option to get the benefits of Testogen without spending more than you're comfortable shelling out.

--------------- Dosage ---------------

I did exactly as directed and consumed 1 scoop 30 minutes pre-workout.
    Also as directed for MAXIMUM results, I consumed 1 scoop of Myo-Blitz-XS at the same time. The rest of my daily RCSS stack consisted of Amino-Tone, Resurrect PM, Pro-Antium and King-Mass.

--------------- Taste / Mixing ---------------

The flavor I received was Strawberry Lemonade and that is exactly what this tastes like. The directions state to mix 1 scoop with 6-8oz. of water and for me personally, that was waaaaaaaay too tart. Guess I like my lemonade sweet.....
    Anyways, this is a very strong flavor and I found that I needed at least 12oz to get it down without shuttering. As far as mixing is concerned, I found no issues and only a minor amount of grit left in shaker after my final gulp.

--------------- Effectiveness ---------------

While I would love have obtained actual testosterone blood testing during this run I have zero doubt to this product's effectiveness. The increase was very apparent to me through the minor acne on my back and increased aggression as verified on several occasions to me by my very irritated wife.

Strength was up across the board and truly started to show in the middle of week 2. Most notably, I had been stuck on my bench press 1RM for over 6 months and in 4 weeks of using Testogen, I increased my bench press by 20 pounds! With the RCSS stack being the only dietary change I'd made in the previous 6 months, I have to give huge props to RCSS for helping to make this possible.

Best strength gain examples:

Deadlifts for 10 minutes - 225x90 ---> 225x94
    Bench Press 1RM – 345x1 ---> 365x1
    Bench Press 225xFail – 225x19 ---> 225x22
    Standing Overhead Press – 205x3 ---> 225x1 followed by 205x5

Pumps were strong, but seemed to dissipate towards the end of a longer (90+ minute) workout and were much more obvious during a higher rep routine.

Lastly to be completely honest in the spirit of full disclosure, at 45 years old, morning wood does not visit the house as often as it once did. I've tried horny goat weed supplements in the past with no noticeable results, but apparently mixing that with AstraGin and WOW, huge difference. Now it didn't occur every morning, but instead of maybe once a week it was more like 4 or 5 days a week. That's as much detail as I'll give here but lastly I will add that throughout my run with Testogen, there was a very very noticeable improvement in libido across the board.

--------------- Side Effects ---------------

Unfortunately this awesome product does not come without a dark side. Like many DAA products, this one cleans me out with explosive diarrhea anywhere between 30-180 minutes post consumption. I quickly discovered that by eating a small meal 60 minutes before taking Testogen, I could completely eliminate the G.I. issues.
    Meal of choice = 1 protein bar + 1/4 cup almonds.

--------------- Final Words ---------------

Having tried several test boosters over the past few years, not one has so clearly given me the benefits that Testogen has provided. It has certainly restored my faith in this category of the supplementation market. When I am ready to run another natural test booster, this is without a doubt my go-to product of choice.

Lastly, I'd like to sincerely thank SR's very own Joeflah, the entire RCSS crew including Big Ronnie Coleman himself, for the opportunity to test their entire product line. I did my very best to be as descriptive while running each of their products and I hope I did them all justice. If you'd like more detailed information about my run with the entire RCSS supplement line, please check out my journal at:
    • Minor Bacne

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.