Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Muscle Formulas > Rivalus > Promasil

Rivalus Promasil

Promasil Rivalus User Rating: (28 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 11% (Mistrusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Rivalus Hemoxy Reviews
Hemoxy (6 Reviews)
Rivalus Hyperbolic Reviews
Hyperbolic (3 Reviews)
Cellucor N0 Extreme Reviews
N0 Extreme (26 Reviews)
6.8

Products in the same category:

Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Reviews
MyoFusion (178 Reviews)
8.9
Cytosport Muscle Milk Reviews
Muscle Milk (113 Reviews)
BSN CellMass Reviews
CellMass (104 Reviews)
ProMera Health Con-Cret Reviews
Con-Cret (64 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Get Rival-Us Promasil Protein All Flavors For 21.58 At GNC With Gold Card.
Get Rival-Us Promasil protein all flavors for 21.58 at GNC with gold card I was ...

Rivalus Promasil At GNC For 29.99 Per Tub Gold Card Price.
Get Rivalus Promasil at GNC for the gold card price is 29.99 each per tub. http...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Promasil Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Promasil Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Low Cal (21)
  • Taste (20)
  • Beta Alanine (16)
  • Builds Muscle (15)
  • Costly (11)
  • Prop Blend (4)
  • Mixability (3)
  • Only 1 Good Flavor (2)
August 8, 2013

almikez

Reviews: 4

Age: 18

August 8, 2013
you can't go wrong with 7 protein sources

The only reason i bought this product is because at GNC when i was walking around i saw 2 pounds for $23.00 due to the fact it was soon to expire. At a deal like this, i said why not. What else caught my eyes was the 7 protein sources.

Formula-8

Egg Albumen
Milk Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Calcium Caseinate
Beta-Alanine
cold-Temperature Processed Micro-Filtrated Whey Protein Isolate
Ultra-Filtrated Whey Protein Concentrate Goat Milk Protein Isolate

with all these sources of protein and Beta Alanine which promotes muscular endurance, gives increased energy for high-intensity exercise, improved workout performance, and better results it just sounds amazing. Only 1 gram of fat and 90 calories per serving, and 20 grams of protein per serving of 25 grams. For people that love bro-science thats 80% protein per serving. whats even better is 0 grams of carbs and 0 grams of sugar. There is sugar in the product though as seen as sucrose in the ingredients which is an artificial sweetener.

mixabillity/taste- 7

it could be because mine was expired, but it had sort of a funky smell, the soft serve vanilla one. The taste was great though, and that wasn't a problem but the smell was a little bad. But like i said, it was a taste that was good. When i mixed it had some chunks, but it wasn't horrible.

price-5

sixty dollars for 2 pounds!!! This is crazy! I know a lot of people here don't have enough money to even try this, and if they love it they can't have a stack with it because of the fact its 60 freaking dollars for 2 pounds. Also it recommends 2-4 scoops. The serving size is one scoop, and theres 42 servings so thats 21 days or less. Ouch.

Effectiveness-9

I did see gains with this! I built some muscle which i was proud of. I only used this for a month before i was done with it but in that month muscle was built. I used this with an amino acid supplement due to the fact it lacked many. Using this after a workout, and i thought that gave the best results.

Overall- if you can afford this then you should buy this. This product isn't for everyone especially if you have a wife because you wont have money for this. There are of course better products then this, but it works with your diet and gaining lean muscle while dieting for fat loss.
  • Mixability
  • Artificial Sweetners!!!
March 17, 2013

MichaelA

Age: 53

March 17, 2013
 Hi All:

At 55+ and loving work outs I naturally use supplements to help my "mature" body respond and recover from my heavy workouts. I am 5 7 at a lean 175 lbs. My wife and I have high stress jobs and use the gym to release. I use GNC pro performnace creatine and protein shakes. Being a lazy morning guy my breakfast is creatine, Vits C, E, B100, Omega caps, Lecithin (brain food), Milk Thistle(liver protection) with my Promasil shake. Tried ON, 6 Star Whey, and Combat. Promasil is my favourite. Love the vanilla blend and take it before bed too (casein is great).

Now I make a shake with a slice of banana for both my wife and me before we take off for work in the morning. Its great! Usually take a serving at 3 in the afternoon too. Been through 2 2 lb tubs and just bouft a 4 pounder today at GNC. $80 with my GNC card boys!!!!
Cons:
  • Taste
  • Casein And Whey Proteins
  • Low Cal
    January 27, 2013

Rudee

Age: 35

January 27, 2013
     I first discovered Promasil when I was at GNC looking for my usual Optimum Nutrition, but my favorite flavor was out of stock at the time. Salesman suggested I give Promasil a try. The salesman said Promasil was a "clean" protein. He referred to it as the "Athletes Protein". Um.. Ok, we'll see about that. I purchased a 2 pound container of Soft Serve Vanilla. Despite the high price, I decided I would give it a shot.

I did my normal workout routine of hitting the weights 4 times a week for 90 minutes a session, and supplemented with Promasil post workout.

I'm a person that is very sensitive to artificial sweeteners, and the artificial sweeteners in Promasil (Ace-K, Sucralose) caused me a few minor reactions. But I decided to give myself ample time for the the minor reactions to subside. They eventually did.

After the 2 pound tub was consumed, I went back to look at my lifting journal to view my performance results (I journal all my lifts in terms of sets and reps) over the past 5 weeks, and noticed that my reps had not increased at the same level over the past 5 weeks as they routinely did when taking my usual protein - Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. Although the Promasil tasted great, and mixed quickly, it clearly wasn't doing anything in terms of helping me gain strength or build muscle. Which is the main reason why I supplement with protein powder in the first place. I went back to consuming Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey and saw my strength gains return back to normal rather quickly.

Given the fact that Promasil was considerably more expensive than my regular protein powder. (ON) And given the fact that Promasil was not nearly as effective for strength and size gains as my regular protein powder, I decided to stick with what works. Best rule of advice here is if it ain't broken, don't try to fix it. I won't be buying Promasil again.

Cons:
    • Taste
    • Low Cal
    • Artificial Sweetners!!!
    • Costly
    October 22, 2012

Reviews: 6

Age: 26

October 22, 2012
     My girlfriend bought this protein for me from GNC, god bless her heart, but i personally would never hand over the 52.99 retail for 2 lbs because my wallet won't stop crying if i did! I'm not going to lie though, this protein didn't dissapoint but still not enough to justify the price. I used this in conjunction with a CKD fat loss regiment. Down to the nitty gritty...

----------------------PROFILE (8)

This protein actually has a proprietary blend starting with whey isolate and whey concentrate. Towards the end there is some hydrosolate as well. Per scoop it has 20 g of protein with only has 90 calories, 1 g of fat and 0 g of carbohydrates. In the blend what caught my eye was the added goat milk protein and it even has beta-alanine in it but since its in a prop blend theres no way to know at what dose. If it wasn't for this prop blend i would have given it a 9.

----------------------TASTE (10)

The best thing about this protein was the taste, I always looked forward to the vanilla flavor after every workout. I'm even going to go out on a limb and say its up there with myofusions cinnamon roll. The taste never got old either but im not surprised seeing as it was only a 2 lb tub.

---------------------MIXABILTY (9)

This protein always mixed very well, i mixed this with water and never really foamed. The protein really seemed to dissolve well and didnt leave much residue in my shaker.

--------------------EFFECTIVENESS (8)

Its really hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein because it has a residual effect. Meaning you don't notice a change right away. I give this an 8 because even on a CKD i managed to maintain most of my strength.

--------------------------OVERALL (8)

The biggest drawback to this protein is definitely the outlandish break your savings price tag. At 52.99 for 2 lbs i find it hard to justify no matter how good the taste.
    One positive is the 0 carbohydrates making it ideal for anyone watching their carbohydrate intake meticulously. If you can find this on sale (which i doubt because believe me i've looked) then it might be worth the try. But if you can't i would stay away and go with something more cost effective.

And for the sake of story, i schooled my girlfriend on buying things from GNC but that i still appreciated the thought ;)

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Feel Like A Baller Drinking This
    • Beta Alanine
    • Taste
    • Stevia Sweetened
    • Low Cal
    • Great On A Cut
    • Costly
    • Prop Blend
    Cray
    Cray

Joined: 6/2010
    Reviews: 55
    Reputation: +2375
    Nice review.

Girl spent $50 on 2lbs of protein for you? Marry her.

Reply #2:

Joined: 5/2012
    Reviews: 6
    Reputation: +78
    Thanks man i appreciate it.

Haha im about to put a ring on it. she bought because she caught me eying it online

September 27, 2012

Matticusdav

Age: 20

September 27, 2012
     I read a lot of reviews and they all seemed to be from someone promoting this stuff. So heres my review. I went through the 2lb container of this stuff in about a month, switching from optimum nutrition 100% whey and I see A LOT more results with promasil. I got size and noticed an increase of strength in about the first week. I hang out with some SPEC OPS guys in the Air Force and Im active duty USMC and they turned me on to this stuff. My muscles felt like they could go harder, for longer. The recovery time wasnt the greatest, but I work out a lot without much recovery time so dont take my word for that. It mixes/tastes good, I had the vanilla ice cream. Id recommend this stuff over O.N.
    Cons:
    • Taste
      September 2, 2012

plosee214

Age: 24

September 2, 2012
       This is my first review in a very long time, so be gentle.

I have had the option to try all three flavors of Promasil, which includes vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate. I ran two full 2lb containers before reviewing.

Ingredients 9/10
      The great thing about this protein is that each scoop contains 7 types of protein, ranging from whey hydrolysate, to calcium casseinate. This gives it a sustain release blend, that can be used for multiple purposes. I mainly used for postworkout, which is what this review pertains to.
      This is also a great protein blend for what it doesn't have. Each scoop is only 90 calories, with 20g of protein. That leaves 1g of fat, and 0g carbs and is sweetened with stevia. This helps cut out a lot of the fillers, giving you more protein per gram.

Taste and mixability
      Vanilla 9/10, Chocolate 8/10, and Strawberry 9/10
      The flavoring system used is one of the top I have tried. It is a very clean taste, with no trailing aftertaste, due to the use of stevia. I have tried water and milk, and both taste great in my opinion. As far as mixability, I occassionally had some left over chunks in my shaker, nothing bad, just catches you off guard when drinking.

Effectiveness 9/10
      To rate effectiveness on a protein supplement is sometimes hard, in that you don't feel protein like some other supplements. I can say that during my time using promasil, I did notice much better recovery, and a slight increase in strength. I also used in between meals, and Promasil did help to curb my appetite, making it a great shake to tide my over. I also noticed no stomach discomfort or digestion issues due to being a clean source.

Overall I would recommend to anyone looking for a lean protein, without a lot of fillers. It can be used throughout the day, postworkout, or even bed time, which makes it very versatile for those who don't want to buy multiple products.
      Cons:
      • Taste
      • Casein And Whey Proteins
      • Low Cal
      • Costly

Age: 24

August 26, 2012
       Promasil has greatly helped me recover after trainings. It is the easiest protein complex I have every taken. Most proteins are painful to drink but Promasil tastes great and gets the job done building muscle. Great product, great brand!
      Cons:
      • Taste
      • Casein And Whey Proteins
      • Low Cal

Reputation: +398
        Very suspicious looking review. Can you please tell us what prompted you to sign up and only place one positive review for this product, along with several other people the same day?

Reply #2:

Joined: 8/2012
        Reputation: -10
        I have been taking supplements for the last 10 years. Mostly I have been taking protein but now I am taking others and am new to the discussion. My usage of the supplements I think are a little bit different than most users. I take them after training for soccer. I do work out in the gym but mostly my usage is post soccer training. I struggle to gain weight because of the cardio intensive workouts. So protein supplements help me to keep weight up. Promasil is the best tasting product and the most effective that I have ever taken. I'm very satisfied with using it and I recommended it others like me in cardio intensive sports. Please remove your flag as I wish to continue to add to this discussion along with others for the different supplements I take. Thanks

Evan

SanjayBowry

Reviews: 3

Age: 18

August 26, 2012
         This is a quality protein tastes great. It has No carb, no sugar, and only uses the best ingredients on the market i.e. goats milk. This protein only has 90cal and 20g of protein. I thing like about this protein is that it has 4 flavours to chose from. the only flavour i do not like it white chocolate.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Beta Alanine
        • Taste
        • Stevia Sweetened
        • Casein And Whey Proteins
        • Low Cal
        • Great On A Cut
        • Costly

August 24, 2012

Meston

Reviews: 3

Age: 28

August 24, 2012
         From a biological stand point, promasil probably is the cleanest low carb, low calorie protein I have tried. I'm aiming to stay lean, keep my body fat % low and maintain my muscle mass, and promasil has not disappointed. The stevia is a great natural sweetener and the amino acid profile is pretty much complete. Worth the extra buck's in my eyes!

August 20, 2012

ShotieOSU

Age: 23

August 20, 2012
           A very solid protein especially for a clean protein shake throughout the day. It is a blend of 7 different types of proteins which will have quick absorbing and slower absorbing proteins for a steady level of amino acids. It has 20g protein per scoop and the scoop is only 25g which means it is super clean. You get 20 g protein and its only 90 cals. Great to preserve muscle mass while on a cut phase.
          • Beta Alanine
          • Taste
          • Casein And Whey Proteins
          • Low Cal
          • Great On A Cut
          • Mixability

Reputation: +398

Have you used Promasil? Submit your own Review!