Promasil

By: Rivalus

Promasil is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by Rivalus. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

Does Promasil work?
Jcarreno
  June 27, 2011

This is a Zero Carb Protein. So i decided to try it comparing it to Isopure zero-carb protein.

Content: 9
This protein is a blend of egg albumen, milk Protein Isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, and calcium casein, goat milk Protein Isolate and Beta Alanine. The last 2 really caught my attention, so I decided to try it.

Each scoop contains: 90 calories, 20 grams of protein and zero carbs.

Taste:7
I bought the chocolate flavor and it wasn't the best but it was ok. The best chocolate flavor I have tasted was pro-complex rich chocolate and it was not even close to it but it was drinkable.

Mixability: 7
I must say the mixability was terrible but we must keep in mind that the blend has casein in it and we know casein does not mixes well at all. I usually drank it in my blender bottle and I had to mix it like a BCAA. I had to shake it a few times and just left it in my locker while I showered and it was fine by the time I came back.

Price: 8
I bought this protein during gold card week at GNC. It was $33 for a 2.3 lb tub ($14 per lb), but I got 20% off dropping the price to about $27. Compared to Isopure zero-carb it was not a terrible price.

I have to say that this was a very good protein overall. You can't really feel protein working in your body, but it did the job. I am currently cutting and this protein helped me maintain my muscles while cutting fat.

Comparison:
I decided to compare it to Isopure zero-carb since it was the reason I picked it up. These are the stats based on one scoop since it will be the fair way to compared rather than serving since Isopure's serving is 2 scoops.

Promasil/isopure zero carb

calories 90/200
carbs 0/0
fat 1g/0
cholesterol 1g/ 0
sodium 7g/ 16g
Protein 20g/25g

Types of proteins:
Promasil: egg albumen, milk Protein Isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, and calcium casein, goat milk Protein Isolate

Isopure:Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate

Overall: 9
I will pick up this protein any day over Isopure when looking for a protein without carbs (cutting). The price is very similar per pound, but I can get a discount on this protein when Isopure is very expensive and you can not really get discounts on it.

I also like the blend of proteins compared to just one type. I used GNC's website to compare the content of both proteins.

• Great On A Cut
  • Taste
  • Mixability

• BrooklynBuff
    June 27, 2011

Nice review,I just wish this was cheaper+
  • steelforce
    June 27, 2011

Nice review one thing was missing for me was how many servings this has.
    June 27, 2011

Thanks fellas. Sorry about that. 42 servings.
  • Raptorbh12
    June 27, 2011

Zero Carb Isopure has 50g protein per serving not 25.
    I didnt know what you were going for because you said its calories were 200 (2 scoops) but it only had 25g protein (1 scoop).
    Not a biggie. I wanted to try promasil but I cant bring myself to shop at GNC.
    June 27, 2011

Raptor I compared them scoop to scoop not serving to serving since isopures serving size is 2 scoops
    June 28, 2011

You are right about the calories. Isopure zero has 100 calories per scoop. I apologize for that.

I've been using this for over a year now and finally getting to my review. Let's start by exposing the worst thing about Promasil. It's a proprietary blend, which means there is no real way to tell how much of each ingredient is in the mix. This is the primary reason for an overall rating of 7. Now that we've talked about the worst, let's have a look at why I've been using this product for a while now.

The reason I tried this protein was because of the low calories, stevia sweetening, and added beta-alanine. These, in however small amounts, plus the label, which claims that this is the best absorbing protein on the market.

The results were fairly straight forward. I found that the day after my lifting I was not as sore. When I took it after cardio, I felt like I could head right back out again. Since I began using Promasil I've actually added a workout day to my week.

I was also more capable of handling my calorie intake. When I had a shake in the morning I wouldn't be as hungry throughout the day. I think the blend of casein and whey is working here and that is good news. As an endurance athlete, I cannot afford to gain or lose weight significantly. This product is great for weight management or a cut.

After the first tub, I stopped using this stuff because of the price. I had already tried isolates so I went with BSN's synthia-6 and was not impressed, so here I am back with the expensive stuff that works.

I should also point out that this protein blend isn't really made for bulking. Not enough protein, not enough calories. If you wee going to try and bulk with it, you'd be doing 2-3 scoops per shake and watch your wallet get lighter and lighter.

Overall I do recommend Promasil in the right situation. A 7 for a high priced prop blend that worked well for me. I think that's fair.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Beta Alanine
  • Stevia Sweetened
  • Casein And Whey Proteins
  • Low Cal
  • Costly
  • Prop Blend

My girlfriend bought this protein for me from GNC, god bless her heart, but i personally would never hand over the 52.99 retail for 2 lbs because my wallet won't stop crying if i did! I'm not going to lie though, this protein didn't dissapoint but still not enough to justify the price. I used this in conjunction with a CKD fat loss regiment. Down to the nitty gritty...

----------------------PROFILE (8)

This protein actually has a proprietary blend starting with...

----------------------PROFILE (8)

This protein actually has a proprietary blend starting with whey isolate and whey concentrate. Towards the end there is some hydrosolate as well. Per scoop it has 20 g of protein with only has 90 calories, 1 g of fat and 0 g of carbohydrates. In the blend what caught my eye was the added goat milk protein and it even has beta-alanine in it but since its in a prop blend theres no way to know at what dose. If it wasn't for this prop blend i would have given it a 9.

----------------------TASTE (10)

The best thing about this protein was the taste, I always looked forward to the vanilla flavor after every workout. I'm even going to go out on a limb and say its up there with myofusions cinnamon roll. The taste never got old either but im not surprised seeing as it was only a 2 lb tub.

---------------------MIXABILTY (9)

This protein always mixed very well, i mixed this with water and never really foamed. The protein really seemed to dissolve well and didnt leave much residue in my shaker.

--------------------EFFECTIVENESS (8)

Its really hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein because it has a residual effect. Meaning you don't notice a change right away. I give this an 8 because even on a CKD i managed to maintain most of my strength.

--------------------------OVERALL (8)

The biggest drawback to this protein is definitely the outlandish break your savings price tag. At 52.99 for 2 lbs i find it hard to justify no matter how good the taste.
One positive is the 0 carbohydrates making it ideal for anyone watching their carbohydrate intake meticulously. If you can find this on sale (which i doubt because believe me i've looked) then it might be worth the try. But if you can't i would stay away and go with something more cost effective.

And for the sake of story, i schooled my girlfriend on buying things from GNC but that i still appreciated the thought ;)

• Beta Alanine
  • Taste
  • Stevia Sweetened
  • Low Cal
  • Great On A Cut
  • Feel Like A Baller Drinking This
  • Costly
  • Prop Blend

• Cray
    October 22, 2012

Nice review.

Girl spent $50 on 2lbs of protein for you? Marry her.
  • Eliospeaks89
    October 22, 2012

Thanks man i appreciate it.

Haha im about to put a ring on it. she bought because she caught me eying it online

The only reason i bought this product is because at GNC when i was walking around i saw 2 pounds for $23.00 due to the fact it was soon to expire. At a deal like this, i said why not. What else caught my eyes was the 7 protein sources.

Formula-8

Egg Albumen
Milk Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Calcium Caseinate
Beta-Alanine
cold-Temperature Processed Micro-Filtrated Whey Protein Isolate
Ultra-Filtrated Whey Protein Concentrate Goat Milk Protein Isolate

with all these sources of protein and...

Formula-8

Egg Albumen
Milk Protein Isolate
Whey Protein Hydrolysate
Calcium Caseinate
Beta-Alanine
cold-Temperature Processed Micro-Filtrated Whey Protein Isolate
Ultra-Filtrated Whey Protein Concentrate Goat Milk Protein Isolate

with all these sources of protein and Beta Alanine which promotes muscular endurance, gives increased energy for high-intensity exercise, improved workout performance, and better results it just sounds amazing. Only 1 gram of fat and 90 calories per serving, and 20 grams of protein per serving of 25 grams. For people that love bro-science thats 80% protein per serving. whats even better is 0 grams of carbs and 0 grams of sugar. There is sugar in the product though as seen as sucrose in the ingredients which is an artificial sweetener.

mixabillity/taste- 7

it could be because mine was expired, but it had sort of a funky smell, the soft serve vanilla one. The taste was great though, and that wasn't a problem but the smell was a little bad. But like i said, it was a taste that was good. When i mixed it had some chunks, but it wasn't horrible.

price-5

sixty dollars for 2 pounds!!! This is crazy! I know a lot of people here don't have enough money to even try this, and if they love it they can't have a stack with it because of the fact its 60 freaking dollars for 2 pounds. Also it recommends 2-4 scoops. The serving size is one scoop, and theres 42 servings so thats 21 days or less. Ouch.

Effectiveness-9

I did see gains with this! I built some muscle which i was proud of. I only used this for a month before i was done with it but in that month muscle was built. I used this with an amino acid supplement due to the fact it lacked many. Using this after a workout, and i thought that gave the best results.

Overall- if you can afford this then you should buy this. This product isn't for everyone especially if you have a wife because you wont have money for this. There are of course better products then this, but it works with your diet and gaining lean muscle while dieting for fat loss.
  • Mixability
  • Artificial Sweetners!!!
  January 27, 2013

2.0

I first discovered Promasil when I was at GNC looking for my usual Optimum Nutrition, but my favorite flavor was out of stock at the time. Salesman suggested I give Promasil a try. The salesman said Promasil was a "clean" protein. He referred to it as the "Athletes Protein". Um.. Ok, we'll see about that. I purchased a 2 pound container of Soft Serve Vanilla. Despite the high price, I decided I would give it a shot.

I did my normal workout routine of hitting the weights 4 times a week for 90 minutes a session, and supplemented with Promasil post workout.

I'm a person...

I'm a person that is very sensitive to artificial sweeteners, and the artificial sweeteners in Promasil (Ace-K, Sucralose) caused me a few minor reactions. But I decided to give myself ample time for the the minor reactions to subside. They eventually did.

After the 2 pound tub was consumed, I went back to look at my lifting journal to view my performance results (I journal all my lifts in terms of sets and reps) over the past 5 weeks, and noticed that my reps had not increased at the same level over the past 5 weeks as they routinely did when taking my usual protein - Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. Although the Promasil tasted great, and mixed quickly, it clearly wasn't doing anything in terms of helping me gain strength or build muscle. Which is the main reason why I supplement with protein powder in the first place. I went back to consuming Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey and saw my strength gains return back to normal rather quickly.

Given the fact that Promasil was considerably more expensive than my regular protein powder. (ON) And given the fact that Promasil was not nearly as effective for strength and size gains as my regular protein powder, I decided to stick with what works. Best rule of advice here is if it ain't broken, don't try to fix it. I won't be buying Promasil again.
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Low Cal
  • Costly
  • Artificial Sweetners!!!

Hello there! Another review for all of you to (hopefully) enjoy!

To start off all the proteins I have consumed consist of Optimium Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey, Promasil, Hydro Builder, Hydro Whey, Myofusion, Nitro Tech, Muscle Milk, GNC 100% Whey, Syntha-6, Lean Dessert, Cytosport 100% con/iso whey, GNC Wheybolic 60, and Dymatize Elite Gourmet.

*VALUE- I believe I got this for 36$ for 42 servings (2.33lbs) which is actually a pretty good and reasonable price. So the value is a hit for sure I wouldn't pay more than 40$ for it.

*TASTE- I had the chocolate, which...
Hello there! Another review for all of you to (hopefully) enjoy!

*TASTE- I had the chocolate, which was pretty generic. I've heard horrendous things about the Vanilla in the past so I wouldn't even touch it. So like I said it's alright, but it's nothing special for sure.

*EFFECTIVENESS- The effectiveness of this protein was hard to tell by the naked eye. RIVALUS makes a lot of really high claims about their product, so by what they say you'd expect the gains on this to be through the roof. Honestly, it's an average protein.

*INGREDIENT PROFILE- There's only 90 calories and 1g of fat, 20g of protein. Add it up that balances out to 80/90 calories consisting of protein which is pretty impressive. The protein is a blend, for some reason they have added "goat milk" protein in there. But it consists mostly of "Cold-Temperature processed Micro Filterate Whey Isolate." Sounds pretty fancy huh? Well, you can also find whey isolate in ON's 100% whey. Indeed it has Beta Alanine, but with the prop blend you can't tell exactly how much and with it being a the bottom of the list I highly doubt there's enough to assist in your gym performance.

• filg
    June 26, 2012

Out of all the proteins you've tried, which one do you consider the best?
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.