Home > Categories > Vitamins > Other Vitamins > Rivalus > Complex5

Rivalus Complex5

Complex5 Rivalus User Rating: (14 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 22% (Mistrusted)
LOWEST Prices for Complex5 (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
Buy Now Buy Complex5 Thousands of Supplements! Buy Complex5
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Rivalus Rapid-FX Reviews
Rapid-FX (1 Review)
Universal Animal Pak Reviews
Animal Pak (135 Reviews)
8.9

Products in the same category:

Dymatize GABA Reviews

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Complex5 Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Complex5 Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Mixes Easily (13)
    • Increased Energy (10)
    • Tastes Great (10)
    • Naturally Sweetened W/ Stevia (9)
    • Wish It Cost Less (3)
    • Nausea (1)
    • Headache (1)
    • Expensive (1)
    May 17, 2013

Jraymond82

Reviews: 11

Age: 31

May 17, 2013
    Complx5 review

I was on my usual stim break and was looking for a stimulant free PWO. I stumbled across Complx5 by Rivalus so I decided to give it a try and here is my review.

Ingredients

5000mg proprietary blend

Micronized bicarbonate

As your body burns ATP for energy, lactic acid is released a s a bi-product, causing a burning feeling in the muscles and the onset of fatigue. Micronized bi-carbonate buffers the effects of lactic acid and removes it through the urea system, leading to higher levels of endurance and better athletic performance.

N-Acetyl-tyrosine

L-Tyrosine is an essential amino acid which supports brain function. It can be converted by neurons in the brain into the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine (noradrenaline), hormones which are depleted by stress, excessive work and certain drugs. By replenishing norepinephrine in the brain, mental energy levels are enhanced and a feeling of contentment often occurs. L-Tyrosine boosts certain neurotransmitters in the brain and has been used to support stress reduction and depression. L-Tyrosine is converted in the body into other key biologic compounds, including L-dopa, CoQ10, thyroid hormones and melanin.

Citrulline malate

an amino acid which helps your cells eleminate waste products and enhances production of nitric oxide.

Beta-Alanine

β-Alanine is the rate-limiting precursor of carnosine, which is to say carnosine levels are limited by the amount of available β-alanine. Supplementation with β-alanine has been shown to increase the concentration of carnosine in muscles, decrease fatigue in athletes and increase total muscular work done.

Red Ginseng

Relieve stress and fatigue. Ginseng works as a natural adaptogen in the body. This allows the body to accommodate to stress in a natural manner. It is also said to work with the nervous system as a natural tranquilizer.

Boost mental efficiency. Ginseng contains many gensenosides that are able to boost efficiency in the brain and reduce mental fatigue.

Now that you know whats in the product lets move on to my review of Complx5

Taste

Orange Slice (8/10)
    Fruit punch (7/10)

The orange slice flavor in my opinion was the better flavor. It reminded me of Tang. It was nice and refreshing to drink and did not leave a nasty after taste after drinking it. Now the fruit punch was not great and was not bad it had a slight fruit punch flavoring to it but I can not really pin point what it tastes like. Also left a mild after taste in your mouth

Mixing (8/10)
    Complx5 mixed pretty well it just needs a couple stirs with a spoon.Or you can use a shaker if you like but be careful the bicarbonate will pop the top off your shaker. On a side note though do not spill any or get any on something it staind my counter top and shirt.

Effectiveness (8/10)

Now remember Complx5 is stimulant free so of course I did not have an energy rush like you would get from stimulant based PWO. I will have to say Rivalus made up for the no stims with giving you a great focus product. While on my break from stimulants I was able to go into the gym and basically have some great "tunnel Vision" during my workouts. I was not recieving the amazing pumps I got from other products stimulant based. I did have pumps just not what I am used to. Now the bicarbanate did do its job, I had less lactic acid build up and it did help me feel less sore after my workouts. With complx5 you are going to have to play around with the dosing. I started with 1 scoop had some good focus but when I upped the dosage to 2 scoops the focus was insane. Another upside to this is when I had my late night workouts I was able to go right to sleep after without all the stimulants keeping me up at night.

Value (9/10)

Complx5 is a great value. $69.99 and you receive 120 servings . So one bottle will last you your whole stimulant break or if you are not on a stimulant break like I was and you just want to use as your everyday PWO this will last you a long time.

Overall ( 8/10)

Rivalus has been pumping out some good WADA approved products and this is another example. Weather you are going on a stimulant break or just using stimulant free pre workouts Complx5 I say should be your go to. I mean 120 servings for $69.99 is a great value for a product that gives you great mental focus in the gym.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Orange Yum
    • Mixes Easily
    • Tastes Great
    • Naturally Sweetened W/ Stevia
    • Insane Focus
      September 22, 2012

deeshmond

Reviews: 11

Age: 26

September 22, 2012
       Hey guys. It seems like there have been a few spam reviews of Complex5 so I thought I’d give a fair, unbiased review.

1. USE/INGREDIENTS
      I have used this product twice. The first time was about a year ago and I just finished up another container. I took it because I wanted a break from stimulant-filled pre-workouts. I used 1-2 scoops before workouts (cardio or weights) and sometimes 1 scoop when I woke up for bit of a pick-me-up (not a coffee drinker). The only other supplement that I used at the same time (well, aside from protein powder and a multivitamin) was creatine.
      The ingredient list is pretty short: Micronized Bicarbonate, N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, Citrulline Malate, Beta-Alanine, Red Ginseng. I’m surprised they don’t have any BCAAs in it because this is a staple in pre-workouts (with or without stimulants)--then again, Rivalus doesn’t really have any “all-in-one” products.

2. EFFECTIVENESS
      -STRENGTH (4/10)
      I didn’t get much in the way of physical exhilaration or strength gains--I did notice a bit more strength when I combined it with some BCAAs (Xtend). My buddy (who has never taken a pre-workout) said he felt a lot of energy and some tingles in his muscles from 2 scoops--so maybe this would be a good “introductory” pre-workout supplement.
      -ENDURANCE (9/10)
      I will give props to this product in providing solid endurance. Sure, I may not be able to lift as much weight with this product as I can when I use other pre-workout supplements, but it does allow me to get a full workout (weights + cardio) over a pretty long time. In fact, during my first cycle with this product, I was playing hockey for 2 hours once or twice per week--I definitely noticed that I had more energy near the end of the game when I took Complex5 compared to when I didn’t (this is probably why athletes seem to really like it).
      -FOCUS (6/10)
      Upon taking it, I noticed a small boost, psychologically. It’s definitely better than taking nothing but it doesn’t stand up to other pre-workouts I’ve had.
      -PUMP (3/10)
      Take this rating with a grain of salt because to me, this product isn’t meant to be a bodybuilder’s pre-workout supplement so a pump category may not be very relevant. Don’t expect that blood-straight-to-the-muscle pump that bodybuilders love. My buddy who’d never taken a pre-workout before this said that he noticed his muscles felt fuller when he took it, but I personally did not experience anything too drastic in this regard.
      -OVERALL EFFECTIVENESS (7/10)
      For my needs--needing a bit of a boost in energy and endurance for cardio workouts or mild-moderately intense workouts--I believe it’s pretty solid. (If I were basing my overall rating on effectiveness for intense weight-lifting workouts, though, I’d give it a 5/10--decent and better than nothing but not great.)

3. MIXABILITY & TASTE (10/10)
      This is the highlight of Complex5. A few shakes and it’s perfectly dissolved. And the Fruit Punch flavor tastes GREAT! This and MusclePharm’s Raspberry Lemonade Assault are far and away my two favorite pre-workouts, taste-wise.

4. SIDE EFFECTS
      None. Didn’t notice any bloating, crash, jitters, etc. (which makes sense when you look at the ingredient list).

5. VALUE 8/10
      At first glance, it seems a bit expensive. Up here in Canada, it’s about $60 for a container, which is pretty standard for pre-workouts. However, with 120 servings, it can last for a few months depending on how often you use it.

6. COMPARED TO OTHER PRODUCTS
      This is probably the best stimulant-free pre-workout supplements that I have taken (e.g., stimulant-free Xpand or BCAAs). I’d be interested to see if there is another one that is more “bodybuilder-oriented” (i.e., has BCAAs and other amino acids, vitamins, etc.) for the next time that I want to use a stimulant-free supplement before an intense, heavy-lifting day. Like I said, I do like taking Complex5 for a cardio session or light workout, though--it’s my favorite pre-workout product for these types of workouts.
      Compared to other bodybuilding pre-workouts that I have tried though (Assault, NO-Xplode, Neurocore, Black Powder, Jack3D, Craze, SuperPump, etc.), it doesn’t stack up. But, to be fair, I’m thinking this product was created for average exercisers or athletes who want a bit of an energy/endurance boost rather than people looking for big gains in their muscle and/or strength. If you’re hoping for these latter types of improvements, I’d definitely recommend something else (my favorite is MusclePharm’s Assault).

7. OVERALL 7/10
      It all depends on what you're looking for out of this product. If you are (a) looking for a pre-workout supplement that doesn’t have stimulants, (b) an average exerciser or athlete looking for a bit of a boost in your workouts, or (c) new to pre-workouts, then this could be a good product for you--especially if you combine it with some BCAAs. However, if you are an experienced lifter or bodybuilder who is used to other bodybuilding pre-workouts and loves something that provides a big energy boost, lots of focus, and a good pump, I wouldn’t recommend it. On that note, this product is clearly made for athletes or “average Joes” not bodybuilders--just look at their celebrity endorsers.
      Personally, I like to have it on hand for my cardio sessions or less intense workouts so I will likely buy it again.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Tastes Great
      • Mixes Easily
      • Not An All-in-one Pre-workout
      September 17, 2012

codyyano

Age: 21

September 17, 2012
       I love this stuff because when I dive, i exert a lot of energy and power. My legs get tired, I start to cramp and fatigue. So what COMPLX5 does is it helps keep me energized longer, my muscles can take a bigger beating without fatiguing and cramping up which is great, extra dives = extra point later on :)
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Mixes Easily
      • Flavour Actually Tastes Like Grape
        September 7, 2012

axemen5

Age: 26

September 7, 2012
         Great product by Rivalus. As an athlete I use it before games, practices and workouts to help get me ready. Get the benefits of an energy matrix without the downfall of cramps and crashes. Contains no NO products which can result in muscle pulls from excess vasodilation. Best of all - SAEF!
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Mixes Easily
          August 27, 2012

SafeSupps

Reviews: 2

Age: 23

August 27, 2012
           Complex5 is a very effective pre-workout product, that gives you the burst you need for a great workout, without any sort of crash afterwards. It is reasonably priced, and a container of it lasts a very long time.
          Pros:
          Cons:
          • Mixes Easily
            Reply #1:
            Jakeman6797
            Jakeman6797

Joined: 7/2011
            Reviews: 9
            Reputation: +58
            your guys crap spam reviews are getting really annoying

August 23, 2012

Meston

Reviews: 3

Age: 28

August 23, 2012
             Out of all the preworkout supplement's, Complx5 is my go to choice. The reason is that when i take it, I do not get any crash, but still a sustained release of energy and great focus. No jitters! My fat burning has gone through the roof, and since the ingredient's are all safe, i feel more comfortable. Not a fan of taking shortcut's! Give it a try :)
            Pros:
            Cons:
            • Mixes Easily
              August 19, 2012

CoachM

Reviews: 2

Age: 32

August 19, 2012
               An awesome project. I have tried the Grape, Orange and the Fruit Punch. I am partial to the Fruit Punch and Grape (personal preference). I have tried lots of "energy recyclers" and "pre workouts" and this is the first to really fit the bill. I have a poor reaction to caffeine and other stimulants found in lots of these products. This one is all go and no jitters or crash. Amazing, mixes easily and tastes great. No grit.
              Pros:
              Cons:
              • Mixes Easily
              • Wish It Cost Less
              August 16, 2012

bberrigan

Age: 27

August 16, 2012
               I'm going to start this review by saying that I only use RIVALUS products because a) there are the safest products on the market and b)the results I've achieved since I started using RIVALUS have been amazing.

That being said COMPLEX5 is my favorite RIVALUS product! I've been using it on and off for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with the results.

The first benefit is the boost in performance you gain for using it before a workout. I've used other pre-work products in the past where you bulk up after exercising but on hour after your workout your body is back to normal. That's not the case with COMPLEX5. For me it provides a boost in energy, although subtle, but seriously effective, I need to get through a tough training day. I find my muscle endurance increases as well as my ability to train longer and harder.

The second benefit to COMPLEX5 is it's great taste. I have tried all the flavors, which are great, but my favorite is fruit punch. It basically tastes like kool-aid! I've tried so much pre-work mixes that have made me gag trying to force them down so it's certainly a relief to drink a product that actually tastes great.

Finally, COMPLEX5 can be used not only as a prework drink but also anytime during the day to give you a mental or physical boost when needed. I train in the morning, usually start at 530am so by the time 4pm rolls around I'm running low on energy at the office. Instead of having a coffee I've switched to having a scoop of COMPLEX5 with water. It has been a great transition because it doesn't burn you out like coffee does once the caffeine wears off and it's much healthier.
              Overall I've rated this product very high do to the fact that it has become a stable in my diet. I recommend this product to anyone looking for a clean and effective pre-workout drink that can be used in many other forms.
              Cheers
              Pros:
              Cons:
              • Mixes Easily
                Reply #1:

Joined: 8/2012
                Reputation: +2
                bberrigan,

Have you actually tried another preworkout product besides Complx5?

Have you actually tried Complx5?

Your "experience" is so vastly different from mine I have to ask.

August 14, 2012

Age: 34

August 14, 2012
                 I am no stranger to preworkout supplements.

In the past I have used the original Jack3d for over a year with great success, and before that Muscleprime by Allmax, amongst a few other experiments. when working well, a preworkout can turn a good workout into a great one, or a great workout into a day where you set multiple new personal bests! It's your funky-flavored ally in the gym.

Complx5 does NOT work well. Upon taking it, two things happened almost immediately:

a) I became nauseous. (Think roiling stomach)

b) It gave me a good, solid headache.

There is no "buzz" as you would expect, given the lack of stimulants. However, it doesn't seem to DO anything else.

Complx5 actually made my workouts WORSE, given that I felt pretty nauseous through the whole affair. This kind of sweaty nausea is good as a result of heavy weight, but NOT as a result of a supplement that should be "helping" in the gym.

In contrast, I can say that it did taste pretty good, if a bit sour. The lack of synthetic sweeteners is also a pleasant surprise in a supplement, and very rare.

However, this doesn't make up for the product not actually performing any function beyond making me feel ill. Have the shills who give Rivalus a perfect 10 actually tried any of this stuff?

I don't mean to sound overly bitter in this review. I really wanted to like Complx5! Given the Professional Athlete/Olympic Athlete marketing that covers the Rivalus website, I thought it would be a solid bet to try. That Rivalus is owned by a former University professor, who taught Sports Nutrition at St. Francis Xavier University, you'd think it would be a great product! Wrong.

In Summary:

If you are looking for nausea-inducing grape-flavored juice crystals, Complx5 is a perfect product. It tastes like grape, makes you feel nauseous, and has no nasty side effects like a better workout.

If you are looking for a product to help you with your workout, avoid this stuff at all costs. It's expensive, over-hyped and completely ineffective.
                Pros:
                Cons:
                • Taste Is Good
                • Flavour Actually Tastes Like Grape
                • Naturally Sweetened W/ Stevia
                • Pompous Advertising
                • Genericly Grandiose Statements
                • Underdosed
                • Headache
                • Nausea
                • Doesn't Actually Do What Is Advertised
                August 9, 2012

dC00

Age: 23

August 9, 2012
                 I have tried many pre workouts (Jack3d, anal explode, white flood, razor 8) and this is by far the best but I stack it with MPOWER and ENCHARGE which are both excellent products from RIVALUS aswell. NANO stim is also taken before work outs aswell I have been known to train for 2 to 3 hours 6 - 7 times a week. Excellent pre work out if your looking to avoid caffiene.
                Pros:
                Cons:
                • Mixes Easily
                • Wish It Cost Less

Have you used Complex5? Submit your own Review!