G8 Reviews

By: FINAFLEX

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #4 of 33 (better than 91%) in
Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

G8 is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by FINAFLEX. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.
COMPARE SIMILAR

WarMachine
  December 27, 2013

After seeing the reviews for the new G8 pour in, I figured this was as good a time as any to drop my own impression of this tasty snooze juice.

First, I gotta give a big time shout out to Montego, snagency, and Finaflex for once again hooking me up with some nice goodies. The new G8, of course, being one of them.

Anyone who had tried the original G8 could immediately interpret that the new G8 is very similar in terms of purpose and ingredient profile. It is specially formulated to promote better more restful sleep and improvement. However there are some key differences. These key differences include a reduction in dosage per serving, the exclusion of L-dopa, more servings per tub, and improved taste. I will get into more detail later in the review.

Now for the specifics..

Taste (9): For those who've read mine and the others' reviews on the original G8, the putrid taste of the lemon freeze was an immediate complaint. Needless to say, that is the first thing that was in need of improvement. Luckily, the boys at Finaflex decided to take action. The result, a tastier more satisfying lemon freeze flavor which will leave a sweet, tangy taste in your mouth. In short, the new G8 taste way better than the original.

Profile (9):

Ingredients:

4-amino_3-phenyl-butyric acid, 4-aminobutanoic acid, L-arginine, L-Glutamine

Mood Elevator Blend 812.5
L-Phenethylamine HCI, L-Tyrosine, 4-(pyridine-3-carbonylamino) butanoic acid,2-amino-3-(5-hydroxy-1H-indol-3-yl) propanoic acid

If you've used the original G8, or have read reviews on it, you would notice that the ingredients themselves are virtually similar in this new version.

However, there are two major differences.

The first one is the reduced dosage per serving. A common complaint with the original version was that it was overdosed, causing sleep hangovers and morning grogginess. In response, Finaflex halved the dosage per serving, but also increased the number of servings per tub from 20 to 40.

The second difference is the exclusion of L-dopa. Originally, I believed that the exclusion had something to do with the overdosing or was partly responsible for the side effects. Nonetheless, Montego and snagency made it clear that the exclusion was an FDA-warranted action done to avoid and conflicts with G8's release. Evidently, L-dopa has come under fire.

Despite these differences, the profile is still quite effective at promoting sleep an relaxation.

Usage: With the dosage quantities halved, one scoop is intended to suffice for most users seeking a restful sleep without the hangovers. For bigger individuals who actually responded well to the higher doses of the original G8, such as myself, I found that two scoops before bed was the more effective dosage. Similar to the original, I experienced no side effects like hangovers or grogginess the following morning.

Effectiveness (8.5): I will be using Finaflex's patented rating scale for this section as I did with the original products.

5. Strongly agree

1. This Product Helped Me Fall Asleep -(5)

Two scoops of new G8 and I peacefully and gradually drifted off into dreamland lol I especially likes how I was more calmed into sleep as opposed to just knocked out as the original G8 did.

2. This Product Provided deep, restful sleep- (5)

Absolutely; I slept like a baby on this snooze juice and woke up more refreshed and ready to destroy the iron.

3. This Product Enhanced my Recovery- (4)

A deep restful sleep is the epitome of recovery for us athletes. Therefore, by enhancing my sleep quality, I was able to recover from my workout more efficiently. Of course, the recovery ingredients from other supps I had been using also came into play, so all credit cannot be given solely to G8.

4. This Product helped Me Relax - (4)

I did experience a more calmed state of mind and general overall less stressed feeling when using G8. Therefore, I will give points here.

5. I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family - (5)

I would definitely recommend it over the original to avoid the side effects of the overdosing. In addition, i would recommend it simply because it was highly effective at promoting sleep and improving recovery and state of mind. Personally, I think one scoop would suffice just fine for a majority of the people I know.

Side Effects: Vamp, Pudgusky, and Guru all mentioned that they experienced sleep hangovers on occasion even with the reduced dosage profile. I myself, even at two scoops, experienced no such sides. Sleep hangovers, morning grogginess, or zombie-like sluggishness were never experienced by me. Needless to say, I tolerated the ingredients very well.

Value (8): The average price for the new G8 is about 28-30 dollars for 40 servings. Since most individuals will settle for only one scoop, that is a great deal for 40 servings of a highly effective product. For those of us who need a little more than one scoop, I still think the price is reasonable for the efficacy.

Overall (8.5): The new G8 is without a doubt a superb improvement over the original in taste, efficacy, and absence of side effects (for most of us). I would definitely recommend it to anyone seeking an effective sleep aid for a good price. My only grievance is that I wish it still L-dopa.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Deep Sleep Mood Elevator
  • Good Recovery
  • No L-dopa
workoutguru
  December 23, 2013

I was given the opportunity to try the new version of G8 by Finaflex (Redefine). I want to give a big thank you to Montego the rep on here from Redefine for sending me this to try. In the new version they changed some of the ingredients so it's not as potent as the old formula was. They also improved the flavor and upped the servings and change the label a bit. I will be comparing this to the old formula.

Ingredients:

4-amino_3-phenyl-butyric acid, 4-aminobutanoic acid, L-arginine, L-Glutamine

Mood Elevator Blend 812.5

Other Ingredients:
Natural Flavor, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Malic Acid, Citric Acid.

I am not usually a big fan of prop blends but I was ok with that in this since it was just a sleep aid product and it worked good for me. I liked the scientific names they use but was not very familiar with what a lot of the ingredients were unless I looked them up. I do like that the dosing of ingredients in the new formula is not as potent as the old formula was.

Value:
I do like that they upped the number of servings in this from 20 to 40 servings now which I think makes it a lot better value. This is kind of hard to rate since I have not seen any sites selling the new formula yet. If I had to guess I would say that this will probably sell between $30 and $35. I know the old formula sells for around $30.

Dosing/Mixability:
It says to take 1 scoop. I would say start with 1/2 to 3/4 instead of full scoop. I will explain more about that later.

Mixability:
Had no problems at all with this mixing up. Had no clumps or any little floating pieces to deal with. When mixed it looked very cloudy unlike the old formula that was a dark green color.

Taste:
WOW what an improvement on taste. When I drank the old formula stuff that was horrible and could barely drink that stuff. The flavor of the new formula is Lemon Freeze. This new flavor is 100% better. It has a real strong lemon taste and a little bit of a custard flavor to it. Every night I really looked forward to drinking this because it tasted so good. Every time I drank this all I wanted to do was chug right away because it was so good. I would have to say this was probably one of the best tasting supplements I have ever had.

When I first took this I started with a full scoop. That was not a good idea doing that to start with because of the horrible sleep hangover I got and I was not use to them at all yet. That morning I wound up sleeping over an hour later than I normally do and could have slept even longer. Thankfully I did not have to be anywhere that day. I was told later to start with only 1/2 to 3/4 scoop until you get more use to it. I was told phenibut is what they put in this that causes the sleep hangovers. I was told it takes a few servings before your body gets more use to it so it's not as strong. The rep Montego said that they only put half as much in this as they use to with the old formula. I was like wow if this is as strong as it is at half the dosing no wonder the old stuff was way to strong LOL.

The first week of taking this I stayed at a full scoop. I wanted to stay at a full scoop so I could get more use to it faster and so the sleep hangovers would not be as bad. It was just to strong and the sleep hangovers were to much so I finally had to cut back to 1/2 to 3/4 scoop and that helped a bit. It took me until I got about half way through the container before I started to get a lot more use to it so it would not hit me as strong. I thought by taking less at night you would not get enough of some of the other ingredients that are in this but as long as it keeps you a sleep all night long your ok I was told. Now I understand why the sleep hangovers are so strong so they can keep you fully a sleep all night long without waking up until morning.

Even on days I felt really tired and groggy I still felt like I got some good recovery from this and I felt better and more alert. I like that this keeps you fully a sleep all night and puts you in the deep sleep mode where your not going to wake up during the night. I noticed at times my mood was much better in the mornings and felt happier. I do think this helped increase my HGH levels a bit but how much it did I don't know since I have no way of testing it. When I would take this shortly before bed I could feel it start to knock me out but nothing like the old formula did. It was great being able to fully sleep all night long without having to deal with waking up during the night. I did noticed that when I got towards the end of this it did not seem to be as strong but it still kept me fully a sleep at night which was good.

Side Effects:
The big side effect from this of course is the sleep hangovers. There were a few times I took this and did not get very much sleep because I had to be up early and it was really hard to function during the day because it made me feel really tired. All I wanted to do was take a nap LOL. I would say if you know your only going to get a few hours of sleep that night I would probably not take this otherwise you may have a hard time functioning and feel very tired.

Overall:
If your in need of a good sleep aid product that will keep you fully a sleep all night long until morning and give you some deep sleep this would be the product I highly recommend. I was very pleased with this product and would be willing to try it again when I am in need of a good sleep aid product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Deep Sleep Mood Elevator
  • Good Recovery
  • Woke Up Groggy
  • Cause Some Drowsiness
sdunlimited

April 30, 2015
Verified Full-Container Use Through SR TROOPs

----Introduction----
Finaflex doesn't hold back in their product development. When they introduce a product into a category I've found that they make it both strong and effective. There may be an exception or two here and there, but with G8 they got it all right.

For all the details on the ingredients included in the proprietary blends used in G8, get it straight from Finaflex here: http://finaflex.com/products/geight-detail

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
G8 is a powdered product and the flavor I had was Lemon Freeze. I hate lemon flavor generally but this was certainly palatable. I actually began to enjoy it over time. Mixing was never an issue, not clumps, powder balls, etc. The amount of water used varied based on my dosing (which I'll speak to more below) but the flavor never dramatically changed for the better or worse.

----Effectiveness----
This was a very effective product for me. I rely on sleep aids a lot (3-5x per week) and have always had trouble falling asleep. The many stressors in life has my mind racing non-stop and I have an extremely hard time trying to kick back, relax and just sleep.
G8 never really knocked me out (nothing does but Nyquil or a similar pharmaceutical) but it would make me tired. Where its effectiveness lies is in its ability to put you into a deep, uninterrupted REM sleep all night long. There can be a sleep hangover effect associated with this which I'll cover in more detail below but it never really bothered me (I kind of liked it as you'll see).
Dosing was varied throughout my use of this product. Due its strength, I believe you can't find a better deal on a sleep aid of the same caliber. The container literally seemed to be unending!

The various doses I used were:

1/4 scoop: If I had to sleep and it was getting late for me (after 10:30pm) I could only do a 1/4 scoop. I would also use this dose earlier in the evening if I knew I needed to sleep well and couldn't afford a sleep hangover the next morning.

1/2 scoop: The staple dose. Taken anywhere between 9:30-10:30pm I would get a great nights sleep. My normal waking time is 6:30am. A 1/2 scoop taken too late would result in a hangover effect.

3/4 scoop: This gave an incredible nights sleep. Taken no later 9:30pm I could fall asleep anywhere between 10-11pm and wake up at 6:30am with only a mild hangover. Lot's of vivid and memorable dreams at this dose.

1 scoop: The Big'un. Saved for those rare occasions when sleep was required regardless of the outcome. I found out early on that this was a powerful dose and had a substantial hangover effect for me. Keep in mind that I'm of your average athletic build at ~185lbs. This dose would yield deep, uninterrupted sleep with vivid dreams and make it hard to get out of bed in the morning. The hangover would last easily until noon the next day.

----Value----
The best value in a non-pharmaceutical sleep aid I've found. For right around $26 online, this will last you for months. Yes, months. There are 40 single scoop doses in each container and if you use it with a varied dosing protocol like I did you too will experience the 'never-ending-tub' phenomenon. Regardless of dosing schedule, the per serving cost ends up being well worth it in my book. Even if you used this 5 days per week at a full scoop dose, you'd still get a solid 8 weeks of use out of it. Less than $0.50 per serving?! Can't beat it.

----Side Effects----
The sleep hangover effect can be strong with G8. There are a couple of specific side effects I consistently experienced from the 1/2 scoop dose on up.

First, typically only with the 1/2 scoop and rarely with 3/4 scoop dosing, if I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom my world would be spinning. It was a very unsteady walk to the bathroom and standing there required additional support. Since I can't remember many return trips, I imagine I was probably asleep even before I crawled back into bed. A full scoop dose would have me sleep all the way through the night so it didn't even have the chance of happening then. This was never really troublesome because I barely remember it as it is and I was always back to sleep before long anyway.

Second, the sleep hangover could be intense and long lasting. Upon waking, I would be groggy after a full scoop dose. My normal routine has me downing ~180mg of caffeine within 5mins of waking so that would kick in and make me normal in a short period of time. By the time I got to work however, I would often have a this really nice, trippy, relaxed feeling that would go on until about noon. Sometimes it was even hard to complete thoughts and sentences together. It would be inconvenient if I had meetings or other responsibilities that required my attention but if not, I really enjoyed it and felt awesome! There were a few occasions where I purposely took a full scoop dose at the top end of my "time threshold" the night before so I would be super chill the next morning.

Exercise caution with your personal dosing regimen and ensure you dial in what works best for you.

----Conclusion----
The best non-pharmaceutical sleep aid I've used to date. It's that good. It's that strong. It's that good of a deal. If you need help getting a good nights sleep, you owe it to yourself to use G8.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Deep Sleep Mood Elevator
  • Next Day Mood
  • Great Mixability
brenth6112

August 2, 2014

Good afternoon SR community. Next up is Finaflex's G8. Thanks again to Finaflex for sending this out. G8 is a sleep aid and this is the new version where the ingredients were changed up a little. I was excited to give it a go, but was mainly left confused and wished it could've worked out a little better.

Profile-7

4-amino_3-phenyl-butyric acid, 4-aminobutanoic acid, L-Arginine, L-Glutamine

Mood Elevator Blend 812.5mg

Almost identical from the old version. Not sure why they took out the mucuna pruriens. L-dopa has always worked well for me.

Taste-7
The lemon freeze wasn't the best or the worst. Kinda tart. I do enjoy the fact that is had a taste and not pill form. I take enough pills during the day. Some new flavors would be cool.

Mixability-8
Not perfect. Never quite dissolved all the way, but didn't clump up and didn't really effect much.

Dosing-8
Easy to dose as it's a sleep aid so just take it about 30 minutes before bed. I started out with one scoop and ran it like that for about a week. I eventually went to one and a half for a week then ended up running two scoops for the rest of the run.

Effectiveness-7
As the title states, it worked ok but just inconsistent. The main benefits I got from this was that I stayed asleep and woke up somewhat refreshed. It seemed to do absolutely nothing for helping me fall asleep, which was a let down because that seems to be my biggest issue with sleep. There wasn't really a huge difference in recovery but I usually don't have any problems recovering. It seemed to stay on par. As far as mood, well, I guess the fact that I felt good the next morning put me in a better mood but that was about the extent of it. I will add that I was somewhat stressed throughout the run so that may have skewed things a little but I never had that problem with say Resurrect PM or MassHGH. I would say that G8 cant hold a light to those two products.

Value-7
One thing I liked was the fact it came with 40 servings. Finaflex gets a plus in my book as they seem to like to do this with Stimul8 as well. This made the value a tad better because it this ends up working better for you, and at one scoop, then the value would be hard to beat with a tub ranging anywhere from 28 to about 35 dollars.

Overall-7
Again, I wish I was able to get more out of this. I love Finaflex as a company and they usually hit the nail on the head, but this was a let down for me. If you were to read the other reviews you are going to see that this works for most people so I am going to go ahead and say to give this a shot because you never know. I think it is worth a shot still. Thanks again Finaflex!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Deep Sleep Mood Elevator
  • No L-dopa
  • Inconsistent
pudgusky
  December 23, 2013

This review is for the NEW FORMULA.

Big shoutout to Finaflex and Montego for hooking me up with this tub of G8 and sticking with me through the run. Much appreciated.

--First impression-- 9/10
There were two things I noticed with this product that I really like that showed Finaflex is paying attention to the community and giving us what we want:
1. They use NO artificial flavors or dyes. Love to see that, and it shows a commitment to quality and proves a focus on the things that matter.
2. They use a large, high quality moisture absorbing pack. This is worth noting! If you were looking for a supplement to improve sleep quality, but you only wanted to use it on nights when you really needed to get in quality sleep, then you would want your sleep product to have a long effective shelf life. G8 would be the perfect option.

Unfortunately, there was also one thing Finaflex did that is a shame. They hide behind proprietary blends. I don't mind so much with a trustworthy company like Finaflex, but I believe proprietary blends will not be the norm for much longer.

--Taste & Mixability-- 10/10
Great. Light & tasty. Mix with very little water or a lot of water and the taste is great.
Mixes easy just swirling in a cup. You can really use very little water and make a small G8 shot almost.

--Dosing-- 7/10
This was a heaping scooper for me. More of a rounded scoop I suppose.
However, I think I liked having a mixable drink rather than pills for a sleep supp. It helped me get better hydrated before bed.

My preferred dosing by the end of the run was one rounded scoop in about 500ml water.

--Effectiveness-- 8/10
I've run 360Dreams, part of a bottle of MassHGH, and several samples of HGH Pro.

G8 is definitely a worthy addition to this line of supplements. It excelled in mood elevation. The next day I felt on top of the world. Every time.

I got a sleep hangover once.

I never have dreams. Not once on any other sleep supp. I had dreams every few nights on this stuff. LOVED that about it.

I am used to sleeping through the night. One thing that 360Dreams did for me that G8 didn't do was make 5 hours of sleep feel like 8+ hours. While the next day mood elevation mitigated lack of sleep, I wish this had that effect for me. Would have made this product an instant 10/10 for effectiveness.

--Value-- 8/10
If I interpreted this correctly, this new formula is selling for the same price as the old formula. Order through Nutraplanet.com and ask for the new flavor system in the order comments. That puts the pricetag at $28 for 40 servings, or 30-33 effective servings for me. That's not bad.

--Finaflex Rating System--
5. Strongly agree

This product helped me fall asleep.
4. It was gentle but definitely got me ready for a snooze.

This product provided deep, restful sleep.
5. Naps were the furthest thing from my mind after a night of G8 fueled sleep.

This product enhanced my recovery.
3. Maybe? Nothing worth noting.

This product helped me relax.
3. What's the difference between normal sleep and relaxed sleep? I don't understand what place relaxation has for this.

I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family.
5. I would recommend this to anybody looking for a solid sleep supplement who isn't trying to spend too much money.

--Closing Statement--
I doubt anybody who picked up a bottle of this stuff would regret it. I'm picking up a tub for my dear mother after my bank account has recovered from the holidays.
One goof that I'm a little embarrassed about is taking my G8 with dextrose for nearly a week. I wanted to try it because I felt like the G8 wasn't hitting hard enough, and I found that it helped with the knockout potential of the stuff. HOWEVER, as SR's own Joeflah enlightened me, this will delay or negate any GH production that would be caused. I would NOT recommend adding dextrose to this mix. Thank you Joe.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Next Day Mood
    tree
      January 7, 2014

I've always been a pretty light sleeper, I usually take some

melatonin or other supermarket sleep aids. These have minor,

if any effect. I tried a few other supp-market sleep aids, but

nothing close to G8. I already ordered two more tubs, I can't

wait for them to arrive!

The tub lasted about six weeks (forty servings, didn't take it

every day) during which time my squat went from 275x1 to 275x5

1. This product helped me fall asleep -- 4/5

G8 helps you fall asleep without PUTTING you to sleep. It

really feels like it just relaxed me a bunch. I took it about

twenty minutes before I went to sleep, but if for whatever

reason I had to stay up, it was no problem.

2. This product provided deep, restful sleep -- 5/5

This was what sold me on this product. Not only getting eight

hours, but getting eight GOOD hours of sleep makes all the

difference. G8 relaxes you so much, you're not just asleep,

you're totally out.

3. This product enhanced my recovery -- 4/5

As much as it helps my sleep, it helps my recovery. Recovery

obviously depends on plenty of things, but sleep is a critical

part of the puzzle. I always got a good nights sleep to fuel

me in the gym.

4. This product helped me relax -- 5/5

Man oh man did it ever. Like I said it doesn't knock you out.

It just makes wherever you are very comfortable. I kind of

reminds me of the foodcoma you go into after a huge delicious

meal.

I'd say the standout aspects of G8 are the relaxation and mood

elevator effects. Sometimes I'd down my G8, then forget to go

to sleep, grinning like a moron on the couch with my girl.

5. I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to

friends and family -- 5/5

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to sleep better at

night. PWO's and creatine and BCAAs I would only recommend to

other gymrat types, G8's I would recommend to absolutely

anyone.

Even if you're not trying to recover from a day of heavy

squats, G8 will give you great nights sleep. It was really

helpful as the semester came to a close and I needed to

capitalize what little sleep I could get.

Overall - Awesome product. Did exactly what it's advertised

to do, and less than thirty bucks for a forty+ day supply.

Also, tastes awesome.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Sleep
    • Deep Sleep Mood Elevator
    • Good Recovery
      AlphandOmega
        January 2, 2014

I got to give a HUGE thanks to Snagency, Montego, and everyone else from Finaflex for allowing me to try out and log the new G8 Define. This was the first product I have ever taken from FinaFlex and I was greatly impressed.

Content: 8/10
      50 mg of Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
      5 mg of Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine Acid)

Both are very common and popular Vitamins that many people regularly supplement into their diets for various health benefits. In this particular case, they both have studies linking them to increases in healthier sleeping patterns.

HGH Elevate-Restore-Recover Matrix-
      A 3,000 mg combination comprised of 4-amino_3-phenyl-butyric acid (AKA Phenibut), 4-aminobutanoic acid, L-Arginine, and L-Glutamine. Phenibut is a natural derivative of GABA, and 4-aminobutanoic acid is another form of GABA. Both have been linked to improvement of sleep as well as increasing the amount of HGH in our bodies. Same stands true for L-Arginine and L-Glutamine.

Mood Elevator Blend-
      An 812.5 mg blend of L-Phenethylamine HCI, L-Tyrosine, 4-(pyridine-3-carbonylamino) butanoic acid (AKA Picamilon), and 2-amino-3-(5-hydroxy-1H-indol-3-yl) propanoic acid (AKA 5-HTP). L-Phenethylamine HCL is reportedly linked to enhancing mood as well as having an effect on boosting weight loss. L-Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid and is one of the building blocks of Dopamine. As well as being linked to increasing alertness after sleep deprivation. Picamilon is a compound formed by combining GABA and Niacin. 5-HTP is another amino acid that has been linked to suppressing appetite and helping with insomnia and other sleep disorders.

As you can see, almost every single ingredient in G8 is geared towards sleep improvement through different ways. Though from what I was able to find a few of the ingredients only had about one or two studies with not very conclusive results backing them, such as L-Tyrosine. I've also supplemented with bulk Phenibut and L-Glutamine in the past and felt that I did not respond to either of them, or that they are simply bunk.

Dosing/Mixability: 10/10
      Really simple here, take 1 scoop mixed with 12-16 ounces of water about 30 minutes before bed, taken on a 5 day on and 2 day off schedule. And for me personally I used G8 Sunday through Thursday so I was able to get the most out of sleeping on the days that I had class.

G8 mixes very quickly and thoroughly with shaking it up in a shaker or stirring it with a spoon. I also never had any problems with the powder clumping or bits of residue getting stuck anywhere at the top or bottom of the container.

As I stated in my RCSS Resurrect-PM, I have no problems staying asleep. But instead tend to have problems falling asleep. G8 did help me fall asleep, but not in the same way as nighttime cold formulas or anything of that nature. Instead I fell into a calm and very relaxed mood which helped put my mind at ease and eventually drift into sleep. Once I was asleep, I would stay out cold for about 6 to 8 hours or whenever my alarm went off. My enhanced mood usually carried on throughout the night to following morning as well.

My dreams were a bit inconsistent though, some nights I would have crazy and very vivid ones. Other nights I couldn't remember my dreams at all. Or would get very odd sensations of Deja Vu the following day. Nonetheless, I was getting the right amount of sleep each night and my recovery and overall efficiency went up accordingly.

Side Effects: N/A
      I never experienced any kind of grogginess or "sleep hangovers" during my entire tub of G8. I did wake up feeling a little zombie like some days, but it completely subsided once I had my morning cup of coffee.

Taste: 9/10
      The newest formula only comes in the "Lemon Freeze" flavor and it almost tastes exactly like Country Time Classic Lemonade in cold water, just a little less sweet. It really makes for quite a delicious drink right before bedtime.

G8 will run you about 28 to 30 dollars online. If you only need one scoop a night and you follow the 5 day on 2 day off schedule, a full tub will last you 8 weeks. That simply makes a superb deal that many similar products cannot even come close to.

Overall: 9.2/10
      G8 simply offers everything you should want out of a sleep product without any of the negative side effects. It has a superb value and tastes great to boot. I recommend it to any member of this site.

Finaflex Rating System:
      5. Strongly agree

1.This Product Helped Me Fall Asleep(4)
      -G8 helped me fall asleep in an effective manner.

2.This Product Provided deep, restful sleep(4)
      -After falling asleep I was out cold until it was time to wake up.

3.This Product Enhanced my Recovery(4)
      -Getting enough sleep is a necessity for getting the best recovery, and G8 definitely helped provide both.

4.This Product helped Me Relax (5)
      -G8 provides some of the best mood enhancement I have ever experienced and it definitely helped me relax after a very long day.

5.I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family (4)
      -I thoroughly enjoyed this product and have already recommended it to my weight lifting partner.

And now I'll apologize for my title referencing that horrible Far East Movement song.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Sleep
      • Good Recovery
      • Great Mixability
        Vamp1618
          December 27, 2013

I'll preface this with two things:

A -- I received this product for free through a logging opportunity, but would definitely pay for it.

B -- I am a diagnosed insomniac and a college student. Meaning, I can stay awake through my 12.5 mg Ambien prescription and I often stay up until strange hours anyway!!

I'll begin with Finaflex's preferred rating scale first, then close with my personal thoughts.

1. This product helped me fall asleep -- 3/5
        I'm an insomniac, as stated above. So, I didn't get too strong an effect. Judging by it working at the level of a 3 for me, with a double scoop, I'd say for regular sleepers this is easily a 4 or higher.

2. This product provided deep, restful sleep -- 4/5
        Even though I didn't often sleep on this, the quality of my average 2-4 hours of sleep absolutely improved. I thoroughly enjoyed waking up and feeling more rested, even at strange hours of the night.

3. This product enhanced my recovery -- 4/5
        Absolutely. Once again, I might not sleep much, but I did feel better with this product than without.

4. This product helped me relax -- 5/5
        I can't explain how good this stuff feels. Gave me a strong feeling of warmth and fuzziness over my entire body. Win.

5. I really enjoyed this product and would recommend it to friends and family -- 5/5
        Keeping in mind that I'm an insomniac, the results definitely show. I thoroughly enjoyed G8 and will strongly recommend it to other supp-fiends. Tastes like a very strong lemonade.

I'm qualified to review this product as I'm comparing it to runs of many, many other sleep-aids, both OTC and prescription. It won't knock out the consumer, but if all one needs is some help relaxing this will definitely improve one's ability to fade off to sleep.

I used this during a clean bulk on CBL, and between this and my staple Bio-Gro I grew from 152 to 160. I kept all the weight after finishing the product, though I don't know how much the G8 contributed to that gain.

I can't find the new version on any websites (possibly due to an inadequate search, knowing me) but if the price is the same as the original version, 40 servings for $25-$40 is a solid price, even if one takes more than a single scoop.

I thoroughly enjoyed this product, as I've enjoyed all other Finaflex products that I've tried, and will definitely purchase another tub in the near future.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Better Sleep
        • Good Recovery