Home > Categories > Creatine > Chelate > Redefine > Crea Trona > Reviews

Crea Trona

By FINAFLEX
Crea Trona FINAFLEX
7.2/10
(Weighted average based on 1 Review)

Ranks #7 of 9 (better than 25%)
in Creatine > Chelate
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

lava135

I really wanted this product to be all that and a bag of chips

I really wanted this product to be all that and a bag of chips and it just fell way short for me personally. First off I am a huge user of Creapure and so when I saw that Alz-Chem had an advanced form of Creapure I was excited to give it a whirl and bought a bunch to give it a run for 2 months.

---------- Formula 9/10
Crea Trona is a bonded creatine using 94% Creapure and 6% sodium bicarbonate + sodium carbonate. This mixture of a weak acid and a conjugated base delivers a perfect PH of 10, which should deliver the highest amount of creatine to the muscle prior to breakdown. Both the studies and science seem to indicate that this is not only possible but was achieved by Alz-Chem. So far, so good - basically everything that we take creatine for in a more bio available form. (I will add that I'm not really all that concerned with the absorption of monohydrate to begin with, but hey, what the heck, I'm in..)

-------- Dosing: 7/10
I purchased the cap form and the dosing has a broad range - from 6 to 12 caps on training days and up to 6 caps on non-training days.

I took 6 caps a day on non-training days and varied between 8-12 caps on training days. I took this for 7 weeks and was hoping to see some strength increases and muscle density when compared with bulk Creapure.

Note to FinaFlex: it irritates me when the serving size on the label is 2 caps and total servings is 60 and then you find out that you need at least 3 servings but possibly 6 per day.

-------- Effectiveness: 6/10
I should say that I've been on Creapure for years without stopping so I'm sure I was already at saturation. And this WAS an effective form of Creapure. My problem is that it simply wasn't superior. I found it to be equally effective to the bulk Creapure that I currently buy. No more, no less. Thus I scored it a 8 which is what I would score Creapure. But frankly I expected to see some gains from this over Creapure given the science and the cost.

The label says to expect gains between weeks 6-12 but after 7 weeks I just called it a day as I saw no gains over taking regular Creapure.

-------- Value: 4/10
Given the fact that the per serving cost of Crea-Trona is .75 if taking 6 caps and $1.50 if taking 12 caps, this is not cheap when compared to bulk Creapure. It is possible to burn through a bottle in 2 weeks of normal lifting.

Since bulk Creapure costs me about .10 per day I rated this a 4. This is just too freaking expensive.

------- Overall: 6/10
Alz-Chem is a top notch company and Crea Trona is a quality creatine, it's just priced way higher than anyone needs to spend in my opinion. The advantages of better absorption, no loading and minimal bloat simply don't warrant the added expense when compared to bulk Creapure.

Personally I think Cellucor hit it better with their blended version of Creapure than Alz-Chem did with the bonded version. Just my two cents.

One caveat is that I respond well to creatine and always have so the benefits of Crea-Trona may be wasted on me; if you are a person who generally responds poorly to creatine then $15.00 is a pretty cheap way to see if this works for you and like I said, Alz-Chem is a top notch company.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Advanced Form Of Creapure
  • Not Better Than Creapure

lava135

Posted January 20, 2013
I'll also add that if this was the same price as Creapure, I would go with this.

Blade410

A lava review!,

Dog4life

Posted January 20, 2013
Nice Rev. My exp with Crea Trona was just plain bad !