Protein Bars

By: Quest

lava135

Special thanks to Quest Nutrition for letting the ER team try their products. Many of us have used Quest bars but for some reason there aren't many ER reviews for what could quite be the best overall protein bar on the planet. I got the All Natural Bars - Lemon Cream flavor. To die for. I'll keep this review short and sweet because at the end of the day, this bar simply excels in all categories and as such, very little needs to be said on it's behalf - your first bite will tell you everything that you need to know!

Profile: 9/10
Here's a great macro profile for a protein...

Profile: 9/10
Here's a great macro profile for a protein bar:

calories: 170

6g fat,
20g protein,
25g carbs (17g fiber, 6g sugar alcohols - for a net of 2g carbs)

Many of the protein bars out there on the market are just deceptive vehicles for fats, sugars and soy proteins. I mean seriously, I've read the label on some of them at Walmart or GNC and other than a few added grams of protein, Pop-Tarts look like a better nutritional choice than most retail protein bars. (or to be a bit more honest - they actually look like an identical choice.) I also like that the calories are under 200; most are in the 300 calorie range and frankly that's a bit too high for my needs. Sure, I could just take half a bar but who actually does that?

The ingredients in Quest bars are : Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharides, (100% Natural Prebiotic Fiber), Almonds, Water, Erythritol, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Stevia.

I mean seriously - whey protein isolate and milk protein isolates - that's nothing but a win in my mind. And all that fiber - 2 of these per day and I'm almost at my daily intake and believe me, getting your fiber has never tasted so good!

Overall Quest has attempted to put together a bar that uses high quality ingredients but also kept the nutritional profile appealing to fitness customers - and they have achieved that!

Taste/Texture: 10/10
These bars were soft, chewy and tastes heavenly. What more can you say but it's a win across the board on the main reason I like to eat these - they taste good! The only negative I could say is that they taste TOO good - seriously, it takes a bit of will power to not scarf down multiple bars at a time.

The reason I'll rate this so high on effectiveness is because I use these as a snack and thus convenience is the primary factor that I turn to a protein or snack bar. And in that role they excel. Not only does it give me a primarily healthy snack that tastes great, but it also gives me 20g of protein. And for me, that's important. If you are on a low carb diet, then the fact that there's only 2g of active carbs is great as well. I use these as a great way to get protein on the go. Throw in the superior taste and texture as well as the fullness I get from fiber and it's win/win all around.

I'll mark these down just a touch on value because they are, well, not cheap. A box of 12 bars can be found online for $24.99, and some sites have them for a bit less, but at the end of the day you;re going to pay right around $2.00 per bar. That's not bad in my opinion given the price of alternative bars; quite good in fact given the higher nutritional value. However, when compared to whole food choices or whey powder, it is a bit higher priced than say a snack that you can put together in your kitchen. But it also comes down to convenience and what the savings in time and effort is worth to you - in the past, the poor quality of the protein snack bars out there hasn't really ever made the choice close for me.

As a final note, in my opinion, the only bar that really comes close in terms of quality is the YouBar and it runs an extra $5.00 per box of 12 so against equal competition, I still choose Quest.

One of the main reasons I take protein bars is convenience. However, with Quest bars, I can actually make quality a factor in choosing a snack as well. And I have never had that choice before. So I am going to rate this very high for a protein/snack bar. Not so much because it is the most superior choice of anything that I could take, but because in the category of protein snack bars, it is clearly the highest quality and best tasting choice I've had to date.

Whether your goal is building muscle or shedding body fat, these bars can fit nicely into your nutritional plan and when you consider the convenience and taste, it's hard to look elsewhere for me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
  • Nutrition Profile
  • Great Taste And Texture

• WarMachine
      November 20, 2013

Can't beat these treats!!

Nice review lava!!
    • irondude
      November 20, 2013

6 sec on the microwave and.... boom you can eat the whole box in 1 day!!!!
    • tiktik
      November 20, 2013

Lav, your profile pic made me gag.

And I love quest bars, but now you made me associate them with that horrible monstrosity.

• hardworker
      November 20, 2013

I might be the last person to have not tried these. Will definitely have too.

I also like the that there's erythritol and stevia, instead of some other sweetners.
    • TigerJT
      November 20, 2013

All I've used is builder bars. So there are Better IYO? Great review!
    • Gkeezy
      November 21, 2013

I've been hoarding these at $16 a box, boom!
    • VonBoom
      November 21, 2013

Great review, though I'd never give an 8/10 for value on a $2 protein bar. Pure Protein has a very similar profile and is half the price. Other than that, congrats...you made me hungry!
    • iSamurai
      November 21, 2013

Best bars on the market without question.
    • lava135
      November 21, 2013

Thanks guys - I love these as well. @VB - you're right about Pure Protein being less expensive and I would rate them high on value for sure - but I have yet to find anything that tastes as good as Quest bars and the sheer pleasure factor (as opposed to just getting in your macros) up the value imo.

Thanks to the Quest Nutrition Team and Petey for letting me try two varieties of the Quest Protein Bars! I was sent both the chocolate peanut butter and the banana nut flavors, for the review I will focus on the CPB flavor, however I will mention my experience with the banana nut in my tastes and overall comments in the bottom.

My work schedule is pretty hectic, so I usually always have some type of meal replacement/protein bars on hand. In my opinion there is not much out there that compares to the Quest product, the CPB flavor tastes good, it filled me up and stayed with me throughout the day. I definitely have a sweet tooth, so the bars helped keep the chocolate cravings to a minimum.

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER Ingredients
    Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharides* (Prebiotic Fiber), Peanut Butter, Water, Erythritol, Cocoa, Peanuts, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Stevia.
    Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 Bar (60g) Calories 160 Calories from Fat 45 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    Amount/Serving %Daily Value* Total Fat 5g 7% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 5mg 1% Sodium 270mg 11% Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Magnesium 4% Phosphorus 8%
    Amount/Serving %Daily Value* Total Carbohydrate 25g 8% Dietary Fiber 17g 68% Sugars 1g Sugar Alcohol 5g Protein 20g Calcium 2% Iron 6%
    CONTAINS: Peanuts, Almonds and Milk Derived Ingredients. Only 3g net carbs (and they're all from nuts - not sugar).

Effectiveness (8/10):
    Quest bars work, they fill you up, provide the extra protein that my body needs and is an easy, quick meal replacement. I really noticed how it kept me full throughout the day, in fact when I eat one before working out in the evening I notice my appetite is really decreased. I recommended the bars to several girl friends who have been dieting and working out after their doctors told them both they needed to up their protein intake. I have said this before on another review; I think many women start cutting calories by eating fruits and vegetables and less protein. The quest bars are a great way to incorporate more protein in your diet, easy to carry with you and it almost feels like having a dessert!

Taste (8/10):
    The chocolate peanut butter is good! The texture is almost like a very dense brownie or cookie, a little chewy but otherwise just as good as or better than most bars I have tried. I did notice a strange after taste, but nothing to awful with the CPB flavor. I did not care for the banana nut muffin flavor at all; it seemed to have this weird chemical taste making it the least favorite of the varieties I have tried.

Value: (8/10):
    After looking on several sites you can find the bars between $25.00 and $30.00, so each bar would be around $2.30 (box of 12). If you are using the bars as meal replacements then I believe it is a pretty good value, it is a quality product, one which is worth the money.

Overall: (8/10): There is no doubt in my mind Quest bars are a good, quality product. I believe the additional protein in my diet is helping me build more muscle, and achieve an overall "tone" look. I look and feel leaner, and honestly believe that they are helping me achieve my overall fitness goals. Obviously I like this product or would not be recommending it to friends! I did not like the banana nut muffin flavor; however after trying one bar my girlfriend proclaimed it was delicious! I will stick with the chocolate flavors, they seem to taste the best to me. I would highly recommend this product anyone looking to incorporate more protein in their diet, wanting to cut calories or needing a good meal replacement bar. Thank you Quest for producing such a quality product!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Very Good Tasting
    • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
    • Nutrition Profile

• bontemps
        December 3, 2013

Really good review. I found the same thing with the banana nut muffin the first time I tried it. However, like the rest of the Quest bars, the flavor got so much better when microwaved for about 10-15 seconds.
        December 3, 2013

Any other ER going to review this today :o)

• Clipper83

I should...
        December 3, 2013

I can't believe the two bananas that rated this review not helpful...that is just lame guys
      • jmlstocks

Shockingly Frankie and I agree on something else-whatdayaknow

Seriously though, great review, don't know how somebody didn't find this helpful

line6reed

Quest was generous enough to provide myself and the rest of the ER team the opportunity to try out their protein bars.

Texture:D
      The texture of these bars is similar to a laffy taffy. I have tried may protein bars and initially when I first unwrapped it I was kind of nervous. Most protein bars I have tried in the past has more of a texture of a granola bar or brownie. Chewing these bars also gives your jaw muscles a good workout.

Taste:A

Texture:D

Taste:A
      The flavor I received was cinnamon roll. This flavor tasted very amazing reminded me of a fresh cinnamon bun. The flavor was the perfect combination sweet and cinnamon. I found that the longer I chewed the bar the more the more pronounced the flavor became. Other users stated that they put the bars into the microwave I never tried that but I'm sure heating these bad boys up would enhance the flavor.

Effectiveness:8/10
      Quest bars are perfect snacks, they are healthy, and provide you with 20grams of protein and 17grams of fiber. I found these bars very useful to curb my appetite in-between meals. It blew my mind that something so tasty and filling could only be 170 calories. I did not notice an increase in recovery or an increase in muscle, but I don't think that is what these bars are designed to do.

Value:7/10
      This is America and you get what you pay for. The price on these are a little high at $25 per box of 12 this comes out to a little over $2 per bar. with the quality ingredients and amazing taste I cannot argue with the price. I would love to see the boxes come with more bars just so I wouldn't have to buy three plus boxes to have a month supply.

Overall:7/10
      I'm very impressed with quest bars I enjoy the taste and quality ingredients. I definitely will continue to purchase these to use when I'm on the go and need a quality food source. Quest has set the standard for the way a meal replacement bar should be.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Very Good Tasting
      • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
      • Nutrition Profile
      • Very Filling

• Brotein
          December 14, 2013

Popping them in the microwave for about 7-10 seconds really helps with the texture too. I would say definitely get around to trying that.

Nice review
        • Superdude246
          December 18, 2013

I agree with brotein I had a chocolate brownie after 10 sec in the microwave and OH MY JEEZ IT WAS AMAZING and very filling

Big thanks to Quest for sending out a box of their protein bars. I requested the coconut cashew flavor and boy was I glad I did!

Profile: 10/10

Nutrition Facts
        Serving Size: 1 Bar (60 g)
        Servings per Container: 12
        Magnesium 2%
        *Daily...

Profile: 10/10

Nutrition Facts
        Serving Size: 1 Bar (60 g)
        Servings per Container: 12
        Vitamin A 0%
        Iron 4%
        Phosphorus 2%
        Magnesium 2%
        *Daily value not established.
        Other Ingredients: Protein blend (whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate), isomalto-oligosaccharides (100% natural prebiotic fiber), almonds, water, erythritol, coconut, cashews, sea salt, natural flavors, lo han guo, and stevia.Isomalto-Oligosaccharides are 100% natural prebiotic fibers derived from plant sources.Contains almonds and milk derived ingredients.

Do I really need to say anything here? lol
        The profile is as good as it gets for a protein bar. No processed crap, cashews, coconut, wpi/mpi and a ton of fiber.
        20g of protein, 17g of fiber and only 2grams of sugar.
        This is what a protein bar profile should look like. Two emphatic thumbs up!

Well its a protein bar with a ton of fiber, a great profile with wpi/mpi and no processed junk to upset your stomach, so right there the effectiveness is far and away better than most protein bars Ive ever tried.
        Honestly though this little gem is perfect when you are in a pinch and need some quick wholesome nutrition. Surprisingly these 170 calorie bars kept me full for a very long time and really helped to fill in gaps in my eating schedule. Id attribute the feeling of satiety from the massive dose of fiber in each bar. No you wont put on muscle or get a noticeable boost in recovery from these bars and that is not really the intent when using a protein bar, but they truly serve their purpose better than any other bar Ive ever tried.
        All in all these bars are perfect for a quick snack and a nice shot of protein, they dont give any digestion issues and for such a small bar they really fill you up. Again two thumbs up...

Taste: 100000/10
        I love anything with coconut so Im sure Im being a bit biased here, but man these things are so freaking good!
        Throw it in the microwave and its like eating a sinful dessert.
        Its very hard not to jet through the box in like 3 days because they are so good. Fair warning, DO NOT eat more than a couple a day or they will 'clear you out'. I can only imagine the other flavors are just as good if not better. Awesome.

They run around $2-$2.50 per bar.
        All things considered in terms of ingredients and the convenience factor its a very fair deal. When compared with the competition, Quest Bars are far superior in everyway, including price.
        Do the comparisons for yourself and you will see the value in these bars.

I very highly recommend these bars, get some you wont be disappointed.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Very Good Tasting
        • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
        • Nutrition Profile
        • Great Taste And Texture

December 6, 2013

I had to look up the definition of emphatic ...

And great review
          • grldrgn
            December 6, 2013

I decided to heat one up in our break room, forgot about it and had a massive pile of cookie dough like substance.. still tasty!
            December 6, 2013

Strip clubs have break rooms ?
          • mhseaver670

^^^ lol
          • VonBoom

@Frankiemusc Hah!

Good review, man. I agree these have a stellar profile and taste. The only place I differ is the value. $2-2.50 per bar is pretty high if you're downing these things 1-2 times a day. Pure Protein bars are around a dollar a bar. That's kinda my bench mark. Great review, tho!
          • Superdude246
            December 16, 2013

Only problem with these bars is not being able to have them all day because two fills your fiber DV so more might get you constipated unfortunately it happens

Clipper83

*Alright, to start this off, I know about the whole controversy going on right now with Quest Bars, but as I see it, you're innocent until proven guilty. So this review will be based off of my experience and the assumption that Quest Bars are indeed legit.*

A big shout out to Quest for sending me a box of Quest Bars. I've used these before, and have not found a bar that comes close. This has been reviewed several times already, so I'll keep this short.

Profile:

Macros(CCCookie Dough)- 8f, 21c(17f), 21p.

The first thing people notice about Quest bars when they look...

Profile:

Macros(CCCookie Dough)- 8f, 21c(17f), 21p.

The first thing people notice about Quest bars when they look at the profile is the amount of fiber. At 17f per bar, I may as well just eat a branch lol. There is very little to complain about here.

Taste/Texture:(9.5/10)
          This is for the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor.

My god, out of all the Quest bar flavors I have tried, the cookie dough is by far my favorite. I've gone out of my way to buy 2 more boxes of these and am seriously not tired of them at all. I tastes almost exactly like cookie dough, without all the sugar, and is a bit tougher.

Due to all the fiber, the texture is a bit much. It requires a bit more chewing than your average protein bar. I personally like it, but some have complained about it. The plus side to that is you have the taste in your mouth much longer than a normal protein bar.

I have tried many other flavors, but I'm reviewing the flavor they sent me... coconut cashew and the white-chocolate raspberry are great as well.

Effectiveness:(9.5/10)

Well when you used these as they are supposed to be used, they are perfect. As a quick MRP, they are second-to-none. One bar will keep you full for hours. These bars are also a great way to get in fiber if you have trouble getting that in through your regular diet. They will def. help keep you more regular too.

The 21 grams of protein are... well, just 21 grams of protein.

The only drawback to these bars are that they are better suited for a cut, as they will suppress your appetite. If you are trying to add size through quality calories, you will have a hard time eating more if you eat one of these.

Value:(8/10)

You can get these around $2-$2.50 per bar. Seems very fair to me since there are very little undesirable ingredients in them. Not the cheapest, but still very much worth it.

Overall:(9/10)

Quest bars are the closest thing to perfect when it comes to protein bars. They lack high sugar and artificial crap that most of us look to avoid when we eat protein bars, and they fill you up to the point where you feel like you ate a bag of twigs. Try these, and you'll never use another bar again.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Very Filling
          • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
          • Great Taste And Texture

Well I was definitely excited to have this opportunity to review a flavor of Quest Bars. So thanks to the fine people at Quest and the ER team for sending a box of these babies my way.

--Overview--

Quest Bars are simply the protein bar that you should be measuring all others by currently. They are a high fiber, low carb protein bar that is not only one of the healthiest on the market but delivers awesome taste as well. I am writing this on the Peanut Butter Supreme flavor mainly but will touch on some of the other flavors I had as well.

--Profile 9.5/10--

The only...

--Overview--

--Profile 9.5/10--

The only reason that I am not giving it a perfect 10 here is because of the inclusion of Sucralose which I am not a fan of to be honest. Also it would be nice if they had a little more protein per bar. If it was Stevia instead and it had just a little more protein I would have given it the elusive perfect 10 score in this department. It also uses a sweetener called Lo Han Guo that I was not familiar with prior to researching that is supposed to be a healthy alternative to artificial sweeteners and is believed to have longevity increasing effects. I can't confirm or deny this and to no shock no actual scientific studies are to be found anywhere on this stuff but interesting nonetheless.

When you look at the peanut flavored bars they do have a bit of sodium but not something that I concern myself with as a general rule since I usually get in a good workout most days of the week. But other than that its protein is sourced from whey and milk isolates and most of the carbs in these bars come from a prebiotic fiber. So your net carbs are almost zero and what little there are come from the almonds and peanuts.

Keep in mind the nutritional profile will vary slightly based on flavor but does not really deviate much from flavor to flavor. They are all solid in the nutrition department. If you want to see the profile of the individual flavors it is an easy google search away.

Overall the profile on Quest Bars is better than any other I have found to date. Most protein bars are nothing more than a chewy candy bar with some cheap protein filler but Quest definitely sets the bar higher than anyone else.

--Dosing 10/10--

Are you hungry? Then it is a good time to have a Quest bar!! Simple as that!!

--Taste 9/10-- (Peanut Butter Supreme)

Reminded me slightly of a peanut butter cookie when I ate it right out of the wrapper. However if you wrap it in a paper towel and microwave it for 10-15 seconds and you would almost swear to god you were eating a fresh baked peanut butter cookie!

--Taste 10/10-- (White Chocolate Raspberry)

Hands down my favorite of all the flavors. Like eating a raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake. Again they are always better warmed up in the microwave but nothing to turn away from right out of the wrapper either.

--Taste 8.5/10-- (Cinnamon Roll 9.5 if you heat it up)

Good out of the wrapper and amazing in the microwave!! You would almost swear you are eating a warm buttery cinnamon roll! Highly recommend these for breakfast if you are in a hurry.

I have tried several other flavors but these are my standouts and just for the record I have yet to try a flavor of Quest Bars that I didn't like. But some are definitely better than others.

--Effectiveness 9/10--

I think I have ranted enough about how great the profile is on these things so I will just say that they work great for their intended purpose. Fair warning to all those out there though. These bars have around 15-17g of fiber per bar and you don't want to go haphazardly eating them. Have two or more in a day and you could be looking at some serious consequences in the bathroom. But other than that I have no complaints.

--Value 9/10--

Some think that they are too expensive and while I agree that they aren't cheap. Value is not comprised solely on price. What are you getting for your money? In this case you are getting a bar that is actually a healthy snack and not just a sugary mess like most protein bars.

--Final Thoughts--

If you have room in the budget then these are a must have staple in your nutritional arsenal.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
            • Nutrition Profile
            • Great Taste And Texture

These are by far my favorite protein bars. Taste, profile, and variety it all adds up to one hell of a great product. Lately they have come under fire for supposedly mislabeling certain ingredients. However, I have never had a bad experience with quest and for that reason I will continue to buy them. Now lets dive into the review.

Taste-9

Taste-9

I had the double chocolate chunk flavor to review and it was very good. To me it tasted like a softer version of a famous amos cookie. Now I have tried pretty much every flavor of quest and the flavor that I continue to buy regardless of price(good job quest) is cookie dough. For the cookie dough flavor it does not taste like a protein bar, this is a hard thing to do, as some of the proteins and ingredients tend to overpower other flavors. So for taste quest bars are by far superior to others.

Effectiveness/Ingredients-9

To start I can tell you that there is a good amount of fiber in these just by the fact of how well I can digest these and other foods throughout the day. With other protein bars, such as GNC protein bars which are filled with tons of sugar alcohols and palm oil and fillers, which upset my stomach. Quest is filled with all good ingredients; they only use whey and milk protein isolate and also use stevia as a sweetener. Also they are low carb just from the amount of fiber they include. What more can you ask for in a bar?

Price-7

This is where most supplements take a hit, price. Quest bars normally run in the mid $20- the mid $30 which can be expensive, but when you take into account all the good ingredients they put in then the price is justified. Personally I buy these for $24 a box on amazon unless I can find a better deal. Pricey yes but quality is what keeps me coming back.

Overall-9

These are simply the best bars on the market. Now other companies are trying to get as close to the ingredients of quest as they can, and I think quest has started a great trend for all protein bars. Why not include only high quality ingredients and not crap fillers? Quest has a winner on their hands and if you ever get the chance to try these you wont be let down.
               Pros:
               Cons:
              • Nutrition Profile
              • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
              • Great Taste And Texture
              • Very Good Tasting

• RiseAboveIt
                  April 8, 2014

Good review!

I recently found these for $22 a box even. Not even tax on them. I'm now buying a box to two a week lol
                • Mooselini
                  April 9, 2014

Thats a good deal where did you find them at?
                • RiseAboveIt
                  April 9, 2014

Sorry, meant to put that in my first comment. It's a local Nutrishop here in Cincy.
                • Alter09
                  (-13)
                  April 10, 2014

I disagree extremely with this. Natural ingredients, no artificial ingrediants? About 30% of the bars have dice aloes and about 80% of the bars have erythritol with is definetly a artificial sweetener.

Also with the fiber content I find it extremely difficult to believe the fiber is 17 grams. Go eat 20g of fiber bread or something that legibly has that much fiber in it in one sitting, you will know the difference. That's why I believe the lawsuit is legit, no way does it have that much fiber in it. So if the lawsuit right, quest bars 5 g of fiber (believable) and 400 calories a bar (believable) with how they taste.

Let's not play stupid, this wouldn't be the first time protein bars have lied and falsely labeled their products and it won't be the last.
                • Alter09
                  (-13)

Sucralose***
                • Mooselini
                  April 10, 2014

You are right bro they do have artificial sweeteners, but that being said I will continue to buy them as they dont upset my stomach and they taste damn good

Today I want to talk about Protein bars, Thanks to Petey and his tireless work a box of quest bars showed up at my door and needed a home which I was happy enough to help out. Protein bars can really help when you may be in a pinch or even just trying to survive when lost during a hike, but with every one and their mom making them which ones are actually a solid choice for nutrition? I have used many different types of protein bars and meal replacement bars with little to no repeat purchasing, Quest bars are slightly different and what I mean by this is they are a true nutrient packed bar made of high quality ingredients and stand out in their respected field.

---------Taste/Texture 9/ 10 ---------------------

For being a protein bar and not a poor excuse of one at that this tasted pretty good. The flavor that showed up on my door step was chocolate brownie and even thought the bar it's self was a bit chewy and when left in colder climates outright hard to chew with out hurting your teeth it tasted like a true treat. I quickly found that if you popped in the microwave for 5-10seconds the bar became very soft and in fact enhanced the flavor some more.

---------- Timing N/A ----------------

It really depends on you, what I mean is eat one where it fits in your daily calorie intake. There were days where I had one on the way to work and there were days I had one as my last meal while relaxing after the gym. These items may be novel to some but for others are part of their daily intake so use them where you see fit and you can't go wrong.

----------- Effectiveness 9/10 -------------------

It's a protein bar and we all know it is tough to judge if a protein bar or even shake builds muscle or increases your work load capabilities. So I'm going to grade the effectiveness on this as a straight out meal replacement with that said this bar kept me fuller longer then any of the empty calorie bars that may be called protein bars I have used in the past. I can closely compare this to the whey crisp bar from optimum in the sense that it was lower in calories higher in complex carbs and fiber with a better protein source then your typical gas station met-rx bar. Or even cliff bar.

After consuming this bar during busy hours of my day I noticed I was fuller longer more then likely due to the high fiber count and not to mention the longer bathroom breaks due to the incredibly high fiber count. But in all seriousness this single bar kept me satisfied almost like I had a whole food meal, no other bar has done this to date.

--------- Content 10/10!!! ---------------------

Since this is food there is no mystery blend there is no special fiber complex it is plain and simple.
                Serving Size 1 Bar (60g)

Dietary Fiber 19g
                Sugars 1g

Protein 20g

Iron 15%

Here is a quick look at the back of the box per bar and here is how the bar is made.

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharides* (100% Prebiotic Fiber) Almonds, Cocoa, Water, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

Simple yet amazing and also if you notice no corn syrup, no simple fillers just quality let that sink in simple but the most effective content list for a bar I have ever seen!

--------------- Value 9/10 -------------------

I have seen these bars range from anywhere from 2.79 for a single bar to 25-30.00 for a box of 12.With the content being what it is the quality of the bar this is completelt reasonable in my opinion. Granted you can buy others for a bit less money but when it comes to nutrition you don't want to skimp on quality. Solid price, great prodcut and completely blows all others away this is a great buy at this price.

Overall Quest nutrtion has made a solid meal replacement that will fit any and all macros. This bar taste is almost like a dream but can be a task on chewing if you don't have a handy dandy food warming machine( microwave). Quest bars in the morning quest bars in the evening pretty much you can eat them anytime. As for effectiveness thhis didn't make me huge it did how ever fill me up for an exteneded period of time. This bar has the cleanest and most efficient content list out of any protein bars to date. The cost is a bit higher but the content is much better so it is worth it. I will gladly place the hulk's seal of approval on this and I have and will continue to buy these!!

-k-
                 Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Very Good Tasting
                • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
                • Nutrition Profile

• kevO

Love these things...
                    I totally agree that they are worth the extra $.
                    Im playing around with a few methods to make my own similar bars, we will see what happens lol
                  • hulkish1

Hahah
                    i have tried countless ways to make my own and fail everytime.

i made gluten free oatmeal protein cookies and they needed to be dunked in milk to be somewhat edible.

• MMAFreak
                    December 3, 2013

Solid review brother! I forgot to mention in my review that they are one of the only bars where storing them in a warm climate or keeping it in your pocket actually makes it better rather than melting.
                  • hulkish1
                    December 3, 2013

Thanks brother, i agree these puppies need to be warm for best results. when i buy bars it is either the quest or whey crisp thats it no other company comes close right now
                  • jmlstocks
                    December 3, 2013

Did I read that right that 19 out of the 24 grams of carbs come from fiber-Wow!

FINALLY!!!

A bar worth eating that isn't going to sabotage all your hard work in the gym. Quest has made a bar that is perfect for those of us who want to have something delicious to eat during a very boring pre-contest diet routine.

FINALLY!!!

The fiber is listed at 17gm which is half your avg. daily need, not bad. Only 20gm of protein, but at least it's isolate protein and not soy or some other low quality protein. I have tried strawberry cheesecake, chocolate peanut butter, and coconut cashew and I love them all. NO ADDED SUGAR!!! Only 1 gram and they use STEVIA! I don't know why more companies don't use stevia to sweeten their products. It is one of the only all natural plant based extracts that won't spike insulin levels.

My only advice is be careful because it is tempting to want to eat like 10 a day. But at only 160 calories a bar that ain't bad.

Yes I know supreme bars taste like candy bars but I think it's because they practically are with all their sugar alcohols! (don't get me started on sugar alcohol)

Anyways, Great bar, decent price, perfect snack between meals.
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
                  • Nutrition Profile
                  • Great Taste And Texture

• thinisin
                      February 29, 2012

These things are my new favorite cheat while dieting down. They taste like candy. Also, I love the short ingredient list with things i can actually pronounce and recognize. Great review bro.
                    • supps4days
                      February 29, 2012

I totally agree about the short ingredient list. That is a HUGE win in my book.
                    • MrX
                      February 29, 2012

Ive always been a skeptic when it comes to protein bars. They just seem to good to be true. Most definitely need to give this one a go.

Oh and great review brother. Rep up +
                    • Raptorbh12
                      February 29, 2012

Great review. Where do you buy your bars at?
                    • steelforce
                      February 29, 2012

You can get this at muscle and strength.com for 24.99 plus 1.99 for shipping.

Hi SR!

One of the first things I learnt about on the site was MACROS - shout out to Sdunlimited for asking me about that because he set me on the right path.

So, I have to admit when I did my first analysis of my daily intake of nutrients my Macro Ratio looked like this: 65c, 20p, 15f.

Clearly this was not good and partly explained why I was literally showing no results from all of the work I was putting in at the gym; sure I was loosing weight, and felt stronger, and healthier but, I didn't look much different than before.

I have to say, maintaining a good or proper...
                    Hi SR!

I have to say, maintaining a good or proper balance of nutrients still gives me trouble because this stuff isn't easy to do on a budget. So, I turned to protein bars for help.

I tried two boxes (12 pack) of Quest Protein Bars:

Double Chocolate Chunk
                    Coconut Cashew

Their Profiles are slightly different.

Double Chocolate Chunk:

24g c (17g fiber)
                    20g p
                    6g f

Taste/Texture.

The Double Chocolate Chunk - 6 out of 10 on taste; not a fan of the texture but, it wasn't bad at all.

The Coconut Cashew - 0 out of 10 on taste; did not like the texture - it was sort of like grainy, dried out peanut butter that didn't taste good.

Both bars took a lot of chewing and my jaw hurt at the end. I took to drinking lots of water while eating these.

There are lots of other flavors so I'm sure there are ones I may enjoy more than these.

SIDE NOTE: under side effects I have to say my teeth were always a touch sensitive after eating these. I'm not sure why.

Effectiveness.

Both bars are filling, have a great balance of nutrients and really helped me hit my macros. I used 1 bar in between lunch and my evening meal, and at night, "if" I felt hungry after I had my post-workout meal. I think they're good at helping you stay full and I never felt like I wanted to eat for at 2-3 hours after eating one. One unexpected component of that is well, as I wasn't so thrilled with the taste, they pretty much killed my cravings but, on the flip side, I didn't look forward to eating them either.

Value.

The bars cost around $25 for a box of 12, or a little over $2 for one. I think that's a reasonable price; certainly it's not cheap but, it's protein and why would quality protein be cheap?

Overall.

These are quality protein bars which are low calorie and filling, which can really help you with your macros, nutrient intake and overall diet. It would be great if they were cheaper but, I would recommend them - not the coconut cashew!!!

I've been looking for something of similar quality that is cheaper and which hopefully tastes better.
                     Pros:
                     Cons:
                    • Nutrition Profile
                    • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
                    • Very Filling

• Brotein
                        January 24, 2014

Good review, but are you sure your the calculations for your previous macros are correct? They would have been dangerously low...
                      • krystian
                        January 24, 2014

Hey Brotein. Thanks man. Yeah it's where I was a year and a half ago; I was coming off of 3 years of grad school and that meant sporadic meals, eating at midnight, cheese pizza, soda, beer, and lot of pasta, milk and cereal, not a lot of meat or quality food, no veggies, starbucks every day, barely any water, and well it wasn't a good time diet wise because all my money went to school. Since July 2012, which is when I made a commitment to change my life, I've made a lot of changes. When I discovered this site I was in poor shape, dealing with allergies and asthma which I didn't know I had as it's brought on by the allergies, and I was embarrassed to ask for help. So for a while I mostly browsed/read the forums and reviews trying to learn what I could. Thankfully, I made my first few posts and everyone who's offered advice and encouragement have really helped me to turn things around. Couldn't be more grateful to the SR Community.
                      • locospider09
                        January 24, 2014

If you were eating a lot of pizza, pasta, drinking beer, soda, starbucks and such I feel like your carbs would be much higher than 65. Like that's a lot of sugar (in comparison one bottle of mountain dew has 77g of sugar)
                      • krystian
                        January 24, 2014

I used the info I could find online to calculate everything but, there's also the fact I didn't eat more than 2 times a day on average and I didn't keep proper records of what I ate, plus most days I'd eat twice a day. You could be right though. I look back on those times as the dark days of grad school!

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.