Home > Categories > Protein > Weight Gainers > PVL > Mutant Mass > Reviews

Mutant Mass

By PVL
Mutant Mass PVL
7.6/10
(Weighted average based on 21 Reviews)

Ranks #20 of 31 (better than 37%)
in Protein > Weight Gainers
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

TheBeast's Mutant Mass Review

First off, this stuff should be called "Mutant Gas" not "Mutant Mass" Kinda embarrassing to say this but it gave me the most gas I have ever had in my life.

"Triple Chocolate"

"Triple Chocolate"

In the morning I take 2 scoops, before working out I take 2 scoops and after I take 2 scoops. I found out that 4 is way too much (Almost 1 litre of water is needed).

The 2 scoop serving gives you 26g of protein and 530 calories.

The 4 scoop serving gives you 52g of protein and 1060 calories.

Ive been taking this 5 days a week for 1 month and have noticed some changes. Surprisingly, my bodyfat percent had dropped and my weight went up by 5 lbs; scales and calipers don't lie I guess.

I use a shaker cup for mixing which barely has room for the 2 scoops plus water. Shaking it is basically a workout in itself because you really have to shake it in order to dissolve it all. But it still mixes a lot better than some others.

The taste of the triple chocolate is good; Better than many other products.

I bought 2, 15lb bags of this; each costing $80.

TASTE: 9/10
COST: 7/10
EFFECTIVENESS: 8/10
OVERALL: 8.5/10

Pros:
Cons:
  • Gained Lean Mass
  • Lost Bodyfat
  • Price

dwendt's Mutant Mass Review

TASTE- 9/10. Pretty good as far as weight gainers go. Its a little too sweet, but more bearable than many others.

EFFECTIVENESS- 9/10. I noticed very quick gains. I took this product with a high calorie diet and solid workouts, I had gained ten pounds by the end of the bag (not that this was all clean muscle weight).

VALUE- 7/10. This product is a little bit pricier than some other gainers.

OVERALL-8/10. Good taste, good results. The price was a bit high and many of the calories come from sugar, but overall a good product.

Posted July 12, 2011
I have never taken this product but I was kinda turned away by the product having trans fat in it. I can't argue with the results of people on here and positive reviews but I don't think I could take a supplement with trans fat in it.

I reccomend this product to anyone looking to gain mass

Hi all, this will be my first review so here it goes :)

Taste: 6/10
Hi all, this will be my first review so here it goes :)

Taste: 6/10
This stuff is just too damn sweet lol. I bought the vanilla flavour and 4 scoops mixed with 500ml water tastes like your drinking straight sugar :/ but taste isn't a huge factor for me personally so i'll let it slide.

A gainer will only work if you are hitting your daily required macro nutrients. I found this stuff to have a good ratio of carbs to protein, and packed on some good size within a month while taking 1 serving on workout days :)

Now one of the main reasons i switched gainers is price. I was purchasing 10lb tubs of Big Time for 100$!!! I got Mutant Mass online 2 17lb bags for only 140$, sweet deal no? This stuff is probably one of the best gainers when it comes to the amount of servings you get for the cost. Great value.

This is a solid gainer product but there are some cons to it. The gas this stuff gives you is terrible! Your @$$ will explode lol. Along with the taste being too sweet, it is not the most pleasant gainer to drink... But at the end of the day, all that matters is how well the product works :)

So, i reccomend this product to anyone looking to gain mass. Just remember, taking this stuff and eating 1-2 meals a day isnt gonna make you big. Take it with a good mass gain diet and you will be well on your way to packing on the mass :)

• Too Sweet

2nd* review lol, forgot i did one years ago

Posted October 16, 2012
Not a bad review, glad to have you back after a long hiatus.

thank you sir.

kurbis's Mutant Mass Review

I've made it. I've got through one 15lb bag and here is how i see it:
I've made it. I've got through one 15lb bag and here is how i see it:
1) side effects. Be prepared for worst gas you've ever experienced. Before buying this product I read reviews and noticed complains about this product giving a lot of gas but didn't pay enough attention - I knew my stomach wasn't of picky ones....but i was wrong...God save those who take this gainer on empty stomach... It feels like ones ass is on fire.
2) Taste. I took this gainer after Cytosport Cytogainer. Well, midly put, this gainer tastes so so. It has a touch of something in there and I dunno what but it's there and it tastes bad. And it gives me bloating. not much, but still. If you're not choosey, it could be ok for you.
3) Gains. Well, IMHO this is the best thing about this gainer. It gave me gains in weight - in about 2 months I've increased my weight from 207 to 217lbs. Of course, this is not just according to MM merits, but a part of my overall diet.

I mostly do hard kettle-bell trainings and pullup workouts and martial arts training, I ain't no bodybuilder or power lifter. Thats why 10 pounds of weight in 2 months seems great. Of course not 100% muscle...

You can sacrifice you ass for gains.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Gain Weight
  • Felt Bloated
  • Serious Gas

mrdiu

mrdiu's Mutant Mass Review

This is my first review on a supplement.

Firstly, Mutant Mass will make your ass explode, literally. From gas, to the ***s. My ass was literally burning after taking this.

This is my first review on a supplement.

I've been on this for about 5 days, I've been a steady 152-158. I was 155lbs before taking this. On the 5th day, my weight increased to 161 lbs (I was never able to get past 158lbs for the longest time on my normal dieting). I work out at high intensity for 1 hour and train 5 times a week.

Taste: 9/10, strawberry banana, but you get sick of the taste after downing a couple.

Effectiveness: 10/10, I only rated this as a 10 due to the 6 lbs of weight increased within the 5 day period.

Value: 7/10, got it on sale and *** is still too pricey.

Overall: 8.5/10. If it didn't give me the worst gas and ***s in my life, I'd rate it slightly higher.

Conclusion: This stuff works only if you use it with correct dieting. I only use 2 scoops and not the suggested 4. MM, solid meal, MM, solid meal, MM, solid meal.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Great For Bulking
  • Gain Weight
  • Gave Me Gases

markp

Posted January 2, 2012
Good review bro. Make sure to finish the product before reviewing it! (I know the stuff goes fast so I'm not accusing you of not finishing it). Did you get it at Popeye's?

Taste: amazing! Effectiveness: questionable

Taste (10/10):
Taste (10/10):
First off, I gotta say that Mutant Mass is the best tasting supplement I've ever tried! It even edges out Muscle Milk. I've tried three flavours: Strawberry & Banana (9/10), Triple Chocolate (10/10), and Cookies and Cream (10/10). The Cookies and Cream actually tastes like dunkaroos in milkshake form lol, which may not sound appealing but I like it.
For the ppl who say it's way too sweet, what are you retarded? Either use less scoops or put more water. It's not rocket science! Personally I only use two because that's all that will fit into my 20oz shaker cup, and I can't be bothered to use a blender.

Mixability (3/10):
As good as it tastes, however, this stuff mixes terrible! Unless you use a blender, you're going to end up with clumps, even if you shake that baby for 5 minutes straight! If you're like me and are too lazy to use a blender, a little trick you can try is to mix it with hot water and shake it up. The heat helps break up the clumps so it'll actually mix proper. Then, put it in the fridge for a couple hours or even the freezer if you're short on time.

Effectiveness (6/10):
I gotta question people who claim they put on like 10+lbs from this supplement. Is this like your first year of working out? Were you not taking in sufficient calories/protein to begin with? Because this stuff is not a miracle worker. I've gained maybe 2-3lbs since using this stuff (and I'm halfway through my third bag) so it really isn't gonna add slabs of muscle or anything if you're alrdy eating well. Then again, I'm only taking half the recommended dosage and usually only on workout days (but I'm 5'8" 178lbs so I'm not that big to begin with) and that's really about as much as I would want.
The main reason I continue to take it is because the stuff tastes so damn good! Plus it can't hurt right... hopefully? lol

Price (6/10):
Honestly, I don't remember what I paid for it. Think it was $90 for a 15lb bag? Up here in Canada, we're used to getting ripped off on everything so I don't really care any more. It's a supplement - they're pretty much all a rip off.

Side Effects: negligible
Lastly, I've seen a lot of people mention that it gives you bad gas. I did notice I was farting quite a bit on my first bag (not super stanky or nothing, just farting ALOT lol), but at this point it really doesn't give me any gas at all. Maybe it varies from bag to bag, or flavour to flavour? More likely, it's just that the body gets used to it and adapts to it.

• Didn't Help Me Gain Muscle
  • Terrible Mixability

theguyisback's Mutant Mass Review

i had two of these epic 6,8 kg bags of weight gainer - low protein content and i must say
i give taste a 7 to triple chocolate and an 8 to vanilla ice cream..
i give taste a 7 to triple chocolate and an 8 to vanilla ice cream..
i give the price a 7 because at 4 scoops with 260 grams of powder it means it one scoop has 65 grams inside.. which is fairly big and a waste of your powder on any more than 2 scoops..
I got from 68 to 73 kg in 3 months with somedays 3 scoops some 4 (2 pre and 2 post workout) and 2 on non training days...
Epic energy all over my body.. more will to work hard ..but.. jezus i had this farts like evry half an hour .. i was too scared to have a protein and then go to my girlfriend..
The results were pretty stunning to me my body fat increased from 8 to 9% in these 3 months but it was still better and more bulk like.. the whole size of me and my frame got bigger and i was skinny so not a problem for me.. i was looking more cut and defined too because the muscle mass got up more than the body fat and the strength helped me to burn fat even faster with more tough bench presses and lat pulldowns

Price in greece was 68 euro after discount (half price they brag)..i still see it this prive one year after..so they are liars!
for 6,8 kg like 10 euro the kilos(still cheaper than pure almonds per kilo) that means 15 lbs for 88 dollars!
Thats cheap.. but dont forget.. its not full of protein.. just some good fats that are also found in butter ..and they tend to make you leaner if your bodyfat is more than 12%
partition is pretty damn big.. and thick tooif i took it night i wouldn't feel hungry all the morning!

• Thick
  • Gave Me Gases
  • Serious Gas

Awesome product, buy it if u want to gain some serious mass!

Got the 17lb bag of this good stuff for 80$. I take 4scoops a day and it has lasted me a little over a month. I weighed a measly 155lb before i started taking this. At the end of the first month taking this I weighed 165lbs. This was an awesome result for because I can usually only gain one or two pounds a month even if i eat like a cow. I am on the middle of my second bag now and I weigh 174lbs. That is a 20lb gain in one and a half months! The taste is good and the gas is bad for the first couple weeks. I don't recommend drinking all 4scoops at once or else you will feel bloated. I have gained a little gut from using this product but that is what should be expected when taking weight gainers. It mixes easy too. Overall: awesome product, buy it if u want to gain some serious mass! I am lifting heavier and stronger than ever.

• Good Protein
  • Terrible Gases On First Week Of Use

Truly extraordinary in every way

The Original Famous big bag muscle gainer. Everyone has heard of this stuff. Anyone who has looked at putting on mass, has looked at Mutant Mass, And they have a good reason to! Mutant Mass is packed with everything you need to pack on lean mass. Lets take a look at a full 4 scoop serving (260g). You've got 1,060 calories, 176 grams of clean carbs, with 52 grams of protein. The calories and carbs are a LOT higher than the Iso-mass I did a review on earlier, But you really need those to put on serious mass. So you're using less servings, to get higher carb and calorie counts. Personally, I like to throw in a scoop of Rivalus' Chocolate Promasil, just to up the protein per serving to 72 grams, because I like to drink a quarter of my serving before my workout, Hit the weights, Drink my Mutant Rehab, then about 30 minutes later, I'll take the last 3/4 of my Mutant Mass. Right Now I am taking Iso-mass (Got a really good deal on it), and The gains just aren't coming as fast as they were when I was taking Mutant Mass. This really is one of the best, if not THE best gainers on the market. Its Got all the essentials for putting on serious mass, and I've never seen a gainer for a better price than Mutant Mass. I get it for $83.99 for 15lbs. most gainers are about $50 for 5lbs, and also another thing to mention, is the taste. I had the chocolate, and I loved it on its own, but whenever I was home, I'd throw in bananas, strawberries, and maybe blueberries, and make an amazing chocolate fruit smoothie. If anyone is looking to put on serious mass, I would point them toward this product. Truly extraordinary in every way. I've yet to try a Mutant product I didn't love.

• Good Protein

power

Posted September 11, 2012
Why the thumbs down if you liked it so much?
Was that by accident?

Posted September 11, 2012
Yeah It was, and I'm new to this site, and I can't figure out how to change it...

jordansadler's Mutant Mass Review

I ordered a large bag of the cookies and cream flavour Mutant Mass on eBay, like the other reviewer, this was a great deal and was also the limited larger size. I had originally trialled a small bag of the triple chocolate and decided this was far too sweet (think a triple chocolate cookie, blended). So, firstly, taste. The drink seems nice the first few mouthfuls but it's so sweet it's hard to get down. After a few weeks,you'll struggle to continue to drink this. Once you get over that though, the gains are great. I'm no bodybuilder but I struggle to put on weight generally and this, coupled with a high calorie/carbs diet (3000 calories a day including Mutant Mass) gained me 2kgs in 2 weeks. This is HUGE for me. The gains are continuing and none of this seems to be fat. I have a relatively moderate cardio programme with machine use 4 times a week and a military fitness session for one hour a week. As with other reviewsers, I split this drink into two portions, one after excercise and one late afternoon. Therefore, getting around 500 calories a time. I don't think I could drink the full drink of 1,000 calories, the amount would be undigestable. Also, gas is terrible. I suffered no stomach pains or cramps and some days are better then others but it is yet to cease after 3 weeks of use. I also find the heart races a bit if you drink it too quickly and right after, I do have some fatigue, like I have just eaten a large meal. I would recomend this for hard gainers like myself as long as you put in the work.

• Fatigue Directly After Drinking