Mutant Mass

By: PVL

Mutant Mass is a Weight Gainer manufactured by PVL. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

What should I take with Mutant Mass?

First off, this stuff should be called "Mutant Gas" not "Mutant Mass" Kinda embarrassing to say this but it gave me the most gas I have ever had in my life.

"Triple Chocolate"

In the morning I take 2 scoops, before working out I take 2 scoops and after I take 2 scoops. I found out that 4 is way too much (Almost 1 litre of water is needed).

The 2 scoop serving gives you 26g of protein and 530 calories.

The 4 scoop serving gives you 52g of protein and 1060 calories.

"Triple Chocolate"

The 2 scoop serving gives you 26g of protein and 530 calories.

The 4 scoop serving gives you 52g of protein and 1060 calories.

Ive been taking this 5 days a week for 1 month and have noticed some changes. Surprisingly, my bodyfat percent had dropped and my weight went up by 5 lbs; scales and calipers don't lie I guess.

I use a shaker cup for mixing which barely has room for the 2 scoops plus water. Shaking it is basically a workout in itself because you really have to shake it in order to dissolve it all. But it still mixes a lot better than some others.

The taste of the triple chocolate is good; Better than many other products.

I bought 2, 15lb bags of this; each costing $80.

TASTE: 9/10
COST: 7/10
EFFECTIVENESS: 8/10
OVERALL: 8.5/10
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gained Lean Mass
  • Lost Bodyfat
  • Price

Taste (10/10):
First off, I gotta say that Mutant Mass is the best tasting supplement I've ever tried! It even edges out Muscle Milk. I've tried three flavours: Strawberry & Banana (9/10), Triple Chocolate (10/10), and Cookies and Cream (10/10). The Cookies and Cream actually tastes like dunkaroos in milkshake form lol, which may not sound appealing but I like it.
Taste (10/10):
For the ppl who say it's way too sweet, what are you retarded? Either use less scoops or put more water. It's not rocket science! Personally I only use two because that's all that will fit into my 20oz shaker cup, and I can't be bothered to use a blender.

Mixability (3/10):
As good as it tastes, however, this stuff mixes terrible! Unless you use a blender, you're going to end up with clumps, even if you shake that baby for 5 minutes straight! If you're like me and are too lazy to use a blender, a little trick you can try is to mix it with hot water and shake it up. The heat helps break up the clumps so it'll actually mix proper. Then, put it in the fridge for a couple hours or even the freezer if you're short on time.

Effectiveness (6/10):
I gotta question people who claim they put on like 10+lbs from this supplement. Is this like your first year of working out? Were you not taking in sufficient calories/protein to begin with? Because this stuff is not a miracle worker. I've gained maybe 2-3lbs since using this stuff (and I'm halfway through my third bag) so it really isn't gonna add slabs of muscle or anything if you're alrdy eating well. Then again, I'm only taking half the recommended dosage and usually only on workout days (but I'm 5'8" 178lbs so I'm not that big to begin with) and that's really about as much as I would want.
The main reason I continue to take it is because the stuff tastes so damn good! Plus it can't hurt right... hopefully? lol

Price (6/10):
Honestly, I don't remember what I paid for it. Think it was $90 for a 15lb bag? Up here in Canada, we're used to getting ripped off on everything so I don't really care any more. It's a supplement - they're pretty much all a rip off.

Side Effects: negligible
Lastly, I've seen a lot of people mention that it gives you bad gas. I did notice I was farting quite a bit on my first bag (not super stanky or nothing, just farting ALOT lol), but at this point it really doesn't give me any gas at all. Maybe it varies from bag to bag, or flavour to flavour? More likely, it's just that the body gets used to it and adapts to it.

• Great For Bulking
  • Didn't Help Me Gain Muscle
  • Terrible Mixability

Hi all, this will be my first review so here it goes :)

Taste: 6/10
This stuff is just too damn sweet lol. I bought the vanilla flavour and 4 scoops mixed with 500ml water tastes like your drinking straight sugar :/ but taste isn't a huge factor for me personally so i'll let it slide.

A gainer will only work if you are hitting your daily required macro nutrients. I found this stuff to have a good ratio of carbs to protein, and packed on some good size within a month while taking 1 serving on workout days :)

Now one of the main reasons...
Hi all, this will be my first review so here it goes :)

Taste: 6/10

Now one of the main reasons i switched gainers is price. I was purchasing 10lb tubs of Big Time for 100$!!! I got Mutant Mass online 2 17lb bags for only 140$, sweet deal no? This stuff is probably one of the best gainers when it comes to the amount of servings you get for the cost. Great value.

This is a solid gainer product but there are some cons to it. The gas this stuff gives you is terrible! Your @$$ will explode lol. Along with the taste being too sweet, it is not the most pleasant gainer to drink... But at the end of the day, all that matters is how well the product works :)

So, i reccomend this product to anyone looking to gain mass. Just remember, taking this stuff and eating 1-2 meals a day isnt gonna make you big. Take it with a good mass gain diet and you will be well on your way to packing on the mass :)
  • Increase Strength
  • Great For Bulking
  • Gained Lean Mass
  • Too Sweet
jordansadler
  May 18, 2012

I ordered a large bag of the cookies and cream flavour Mutant Mass on eBay, like the other reviewer, this was a great deal and was also the limited larger size. I had originally trialled a small bag of the triple chocolate and decided this was far too sweet (think a triple chocolate cookie, blended). So, firstly, taste. The drink seems nice the first few mouthfuls but it's so sweet it's hard to get down. After a few weeks,you'll struggle to continue to drink this. Once you get over that though, the gains are great. I'm no bodybuilder but I struggle to put on weight generally and this, coupled with a high calorie/carbs diet (3000 calories a day including Mutant Mass) gained me 2kgs in 2 weeks. This is HUGE for me. The gains are continuing and none of this seems to be fat. I have a relatively moderate cardio programme with machine use 4 times a week and a military fitness session for one hour a week. As with other reviewsers, I split this drink into two portions, one after excercise and one late afternoon. Therefore, getting around 500 calories a time. I don't think I could drink the full drink of 1,000 calories, the amount would be undigestable. Also, gas is terrible. I suffered no stomach pains or cramps and some days are better then others but it is yet to cease after 3 weeks of use. I also find the heart races a bit if you drink it too quickly and right after, I do have some fatigue, like I have just eaten a large meal. I would recomend this for hard gainers like myself as long as you put in the work.
  • A Little Heart Race If U Take Too Much At Once
  • Fatigue Directly After Drinking
  • Too Sweet
kurbis
  February 20, 2012

I've made it. I've got through one 15lb bag and here is how i see it:
1) side effects. Be prepared for worst gas you've ever experienced. Before buying this product I read reviews and noticed complains about this product giving a lot of gas but didn't pay enough attention - I knew my stomach wasn't of picky ones....but i was wrong...God save those who take this gainer on empty stomach... It feels like ones ass is on fire.
I've made it. I've got through one 15lb bag and here is how i see it:
2) Taste. I took this gainer after Cytosport Cytogainer. Well, midly put, this gainer tastes so so. It has a touch of something in there and I dunno what but it's there and it tastes bad. And it gives me bloating. not much, but still. If you're not choosey, it could be ok for you.
3) Gains. Well, IMHO this is the best thing about this gainer. It gave me gains in weight - in about 2 months I've increased my weight from 207 to 217lbs. Of course, this is not just according to MM merits, but a part of my overall diet.

I mostly do hard kettle-bell trainings and pullup workouts and martial arts training, I ain't no bodybuilder or power lifter. Thats why 10 pounds of weight in 2 months seems great. Of course not 100% muscle...

You can sacrifice you ass for gains.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gain Weight
  • Felt Bloated
  • Serious Gas
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.