Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > Purus Labs > Muscle Marinade

Purus Labs Muscle Marinade

Muscle Marinade Purus Labs
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (77 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)
This product has been reported as discontinued.

LOWEST Prices for Muscle Marinade (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
39.95 Buy Muscle Marinade 5%Off code:SR05 +Same Day Shipping Buy Muscle Marinade
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
Cellucor C4 Extreme Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Lecheek Nutrition Speed X3 Reviews
Speed X3 (35 Reviews)
Citadel Nutrition Tier 1 Reviews
Tier 1 (14 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
NO-Xplode (356 Reviews)
6.9
Muscle Pharm Assault Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)
MRI Black Powder Reviews
Black Powder (154 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

anyone tried Muscle Marinade Grape Flavor in the past ? (plz help health issues)
Hi, Please anyone whom tried out muscle marinade grape juice flavor in the past...

Muscle Marinade $19.99 !!!

Muscle Marinade is being discontinued
Just like the title says.  It's a sad day if you're like me and c...

Purus Labs Muscle Marinade is no longer being produced... now what?
Hey all, Just found out that Muscle Marinade is not longer being manufactured. ...

Foamy saliva after taking Muscle Marinade and green magnitude, any danger?
I took muscle marinade for the first time and afterward took green magnitude, so...

Best Preworkout: bullnox, Muscle Marinade, razor8 or speedx3?
Between bullnox, muscle marinade, razor8 and speedx3 what should I grab? Those a...

N.O. stack with Muscle Marinade preworkout, ineffective?
i am about to start taking muscle marinade preworkout by purus labs. it is stimu...

Muscle Marinade Lot of 8 for sale
I want to sell my lot of 8 Purus Labs Muscle Marinade. Lot will come with 5 F...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Muscle Marinade Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Muscle Marinade Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Increased Energy (62)
    • Increased Focus (62)
    • Only Need One Scoop (56)
    • Great Endurance (50)
    • Bad Taste (27)
    • Hard To Stay Hydrated (16)
    • No Pumps (16)
    • Uncontrollable Sweating (15)
    August 20, 2012

Age: 27

August 20, 2012
     There were only good things to be said about Muscle Marinade when I took the plunge and bought myself a tub. I usually dont have high expectations for hyped products but this might be my favorite current PWO to date thats still in production.

Overall: 9
    Muscle Marinade is one of those "kitchen sink" pre-workouts that has a ton of ingredients but the difference is that these ingredients are dosed effectively.
    I wont get into the details of its ingredient profile but its very thorough to include effective dosing of creatine, 6g amino acids, a hefty stimulant package, an electrolyte blend, and a cortisol reducing, antioxidant blend.
    Every workout that I had while taking Muscle Marinade was intense and focused which is rare even with the majority of other PWO's for me. It didnt seem to matter what additional supps I was taking at the time, if Muscle Marinade was my PWO, then I was going to crush some weights that day. I set several personal records in my lifts while taking MM and increased on average 10-20% in all of my lifts during my tub of MM.

Effectiveness: 9
    It doesnt take long for MM to kick in and its especially potent if you spike it with some primatene to make it part of an ECA stack. I noticed zero side effects, no upset stomach, headaches, nausea etc. With its CNS stimulants and the amino acid profile its a good anabolic mixture to promote muscle growth and it lessens the need to have an intra BCAA. As with any PWO with stimulants like this, you will sweat alot more than usual but this is almost expected with PWO such as this.

Taste: 8
    Its a PWO with alot of crap in it so, its no kool-aid. It is however palatable and somewhat enjoyable compared to many other PWO's. I had the cherry limeade flavor and I never had a problem with the taste.

Price: 9
    Depending on where you buy from, you can find this for around $29.99 which puts it at a very competitive price. Thinking back, I believe this was close to the $40 range when it first came out but predatory pricing lowered it to the $30 range making it a good value.

Conclusion:
    I would definitely buy Purus Labs Muscle Marinade again and im excited to try Condense by Purus Labs as well and see how it stacks up to MM. The workouts I had with MM were sick and unparalleled, its a good value, it doesn't taste half bad and it has such catchy and disgusting catch phrases such as "Baste your beef" and "marinate your meat". All that being said its a top notch product.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Superman Feeling
    • Increased Focus
    • Uncontrollable Sweating

Reviews: 7
    Reputation: +135
    Great review Raptor. Wow, no sides?? Have you ever had sides off of a similar creatine monohydrate dosed product or no??

NoCielings
    NoCielings

Reviews: 10
    Reputation: +134
    Excellent Review. Exactly my thoughts man. You should try craze next man. Im curious to know your thoughts on that as well!

Joined: 3/2009
    Reputation: +2600
    Adonis,
    No I dont usually get any sides associated from PWO's with creatine mono in them. The only sides I do get are light headedness and inability to focus on anything (mostly with Jack3d).

Reviews: 7
    Reputation: +135
    Ahh, I see. Thank you.

BrooklynBuff
    BrooklynBuff

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 11
    Reputation: +807
    This is the best of the best....throwing in some bronkaid or primatene seems serious

RiseAboveIt
    RiseAboveIt

Reviews: 3
    Reputation: +180
    I love my shaker that says marinate your meat. Gets quite a few laughs lol..great review though!

Reply #7:
    Gabe0886
    Gabe0886

Reviews: 0
    Reputation: 0
    Hey great review Raptor. Quick question though, I was thinking about swapping out my 1MR and buying MM and stacking it with my D-Pol and Animal Nitro... I was curious, did you feel like you had better work out/pumps when using 1MR or MM? Also, in your review you mention that MM has 6 grams of amino acids, and obviously Animal Nitro has a ton of aminos, and I believe D-Pol also has aminos in it too. My question is this, is this overkill as far as amino acids are concerned? Would I be better off substituting Animal Nitro for another supplement? Thanx in advance for your time!

Reply #8:
    nickyfondz
    nickyfondz

Joined: 11/2013
    Reviews: 8
    Reputation: +41
    Just ordered a tub of this from eBay. I always wanted to try it before it got discontinued. Hoping to enjoy it for a long time. Good review!

June 21, 2012

Reviews: 71

Age: 30

June 21, 2012
     First off I want to thank Grambo and the ER program for allowing me the opportunity to run a tub of Muscle Marinade.
    I have never been a fan of high stimulant products due to the jittery/cracked out feeling they would produce, as well as the ineveitable crash afterwards. However, after hearing nothing but positives about MM I had to give it a shot, and believe me when I tell you that it did not disappoint. Ive tried plenty of pwos over the years and MM has got to be one of, if not the best that I have tried.

Profile: 9.5/10
    Purus Labs definitely nailed it on the profile.
    Its very stim heavy, however the additions of bcaas in good quantity, electrolytes, and a cortisol control complex seem to reduce any of the negative side effects of being overstimulated. A+ on the profile IMO.

Taste/Mixability: 9/10
    Im never a big stickler for taste with pwos, but the cherry/limeade flavor is actually very refreshing and enjoyable to drink. Mixability is great, with no grittiness or excessive foaming. Again a great job done by Purus Labs.

I cant say enough good things about how effective this product is. The first time I took it, I went with half a scoop and it provided a huge jolt of clean, jitter-free energy, I had an absolutely phenomenal workout and felt like a champ all the way through, simply awesome. The energy seemingly lasted forever after my workout, and I did not experience the dreaded crash at any point. I tried a full scoop several times and was just blown away by the excessive energy and drive it provided, no pwo that I have tried to date gave me the intense rush of energy that MM did. The best part about MM is that its effectiveness does not waver one bit from the first scoop to the last.
    In addition to the amazing energy that MM provides, I feel as though the electrolyte/bcaa content should not be overlooked as it provides a nice 'security blanket' for getting through the intense workouts one will experience with MM. All in all, MM totally blew me away there is nothing that really touches it in terms of effectiveness.

You can find MM for $25-30. Each tub provides 27scoops, and if you are like me you rarely need to even take a full scoop, which makes the value very solid. Even if you are taking a full scoop each time, its effectiveness completely justifies the price tag.

MM is overall the best Pwo on the market. The energy it provides is intense, long lasting, and jitter-free. Its profile is very well thought out and the value is exceptional for how effective it is. Overall I give it an emphatic two thumbs up. Try this poo!!

3ullD0zer
      3ullD0zer

Reviews: 11
      Reputation: +520
      Sold. I seriously need to get some of this, been a long time waiting. I'm not a big stim guy, but you said half a scoop was good, so that works for me.

Great job KevO!

workoutnoob
      workoutnoob

Reviews: 10
      Reputation: +182
      Very nice review man. I am finally on my 4th tub today after a 4 week off cycle. I've tried the fresh fruit and grape juice flavors and really enjoyed both. Try them out sometime!

roughneck
      roughneck

Joined: 5/2011
      Reviews: 0
      Reputation: +12
      Thanks for the reviews. Just got this in today. Wasn't paying attention so I took full scoop. Got the chills. Never happened with any pwo before. Afterwards though? SICK! Still hyper-alert 4 hrs later.

June 11, 2012

Age: 35

June 11, 2012
       Ok I hate to review the same product right after someone else has but I owe Grambo this review.
      I had the chance of logging D-POL and was sent this with it too. I was not expecting it all, So a huge thanks to Grambo . Our Purus labs rep on SR.com.

Ok I think Everyone that has been on this site long enough has heard the name Purus labs and its products. This brand is in my opinion ahead of the game. And this PWO is well worth anyone's hard earned money too.

So what is it?
      Its a PWO and im not gonna get into the ingredients because just way to many to mention. BUT according to Purus labs it is the Only clinically validated effectiveness dosage of every ingredient in each scoop on the market. Which I will say it dose have some great claims.

Such as:

27 true servings per container ( I think more because It lasted forever!! )
      Extends exercise time of fatigue and shorten recovery times
      Greater lactic acid buffering
      Cortisol blockers and much more.

Dosage 9
      One scoop is all that I ever needed.. ( although I did try two from time to time just too see what happened ) And honestly I couldnt tell that big of a difference.

Mixability 9
      It mixes very easy I never had any grit or anything left behind, no matter how much water I used.

Taste 7.5
      Im not huge on taste but It tasted..weak to me. I had the fruit punch and it just seemed water downed to me even at low levels of water used. I will say this, it does not smell too bad in the container .... BUT!! make sure to wash your shaker bottle after using it!. It will F up a shaker bottle and it will take forver to get the smell out of it then.!.

Price 8.5
      Thats if you use google and not buy directly from purus I hate saying that but they have it for 67$ .. I think that is crazy!. You can find deals on lockout for half that all the time. And at even 35 bucks for as many servings I got that is not bad.

Effectivenes
      Pump 6
      I didnt notice any pump from this alone. sorry so low. I just didnt get a pump from this. I did however seem to notice more endurance. But it is not marketed for this anyway.

Focus 9
      Honestly I didnt think It was working at first, But It does. I seemed to have such a clear mind and focused attention to what I was doing while taking this. I never felt jittery or buzzed out.

Overall for this I have to say its a great product, I had some really good workouts on this thats why I only used on days I knew I had some extra time to kill at the gym. The one thing I like about this It does not bother me while doing cardio. Others I have used seemed to really effect my Breathing or something. I never needed to use more than one scoop. I normally used this around 6 pm and went to bed around 10 -11 pm and hardly ever had trouble sleeping. I never had a huge crash off this either. I cant say that long term recorvery was good ( as in next day soreness ) But I could however seem to take less time to recover between sets.
      I never really got the good old sweats like I have with other like Jack3d . But I do like this product. I have others I want to try first before I say this is my go to product. I dont think this stuff is a strong as some say it is or blow it up to be.

So for me I say overall is a solid 8.5 or 9.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Increased Focus
      • Only Need One Scoop
      • Will Ruin A Shaker Cup If Not Washed Out Asap.

BOOM NEGATIVE REP!
      I GOT FAT FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reputation: +2496
      Thats cool Must be why It didnt stay on main page long either lol. And its fine about the neg. I just neg you back later. lol. Jk.

Reputation: +2878
      BOOM! I WILL NEGATIVE YOU ALL DAY LONG! :)

CHICHI STYLE

Reputation: +2496
      HA. WELL that sucks to be on the end of the spectrum. Maybe one day I will be able to have as many like my reviews as cray.. Cray is my hero. If only he could put those ingenious meme's on his reviews. lol

June 8, 2012

Reviews: 55

Age: 28

June 8, 2012
       You can probably skip this one boys; I am not about to reveal anything new. If you didn’t already know, Muscle Marinade is amazing. If you haven’t tried it yet, you are missing out. Still I need to do this beast justice, so let’s get reviewing.

Props to Grambo and Purus Labs for bouncing out a TON of product on SR.com and allowing me to run Muscle Marinade. Purus Labs is honestly one of my favorite supp companies. Their products are consistently excellent, priced fairly, and well-marketed.

OVERVIEW:
      MM is a preworkout - a good one. It’s strong and has an awesome profile. In addition to all the traditional nutrients, stimulants, and creatine, MM also throws in almost 6g of BCAAs, an electrolyte balance, and a cortisol reducing complex.

TASTE: 8.7/10
      I had the Cherry Limeade flavor and it was excellent. Tasted exactly like some sort of juice or soft drink you’d buy off the counter in a grocery store. I will say the taste can be a bit overwhelming as it is very tart and potent. Unlike Supp-D, which I would gulp down greedily, I would have to sip MM slowly. Still, extra points to Purus for releasing such a uniquely flavored supplement.

Side note - MM smells like loose butthole. I actually laughed out loud when I opened the tub and smelled the powder. It’s horrendous. There’s no issue once you mix it in water but just be aware that you haven’t gotten a bad batch if your freshly opened tub smells like the bathroom of a seedy bar.

MIXABILITY: 9.2/10
      Excellent mixability. No clumping or grittiness. Only issue was some slight foaming which usually subsided pretty quickly.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9.3/10
      Unlike many preworkouts, Marinade isn’t marked as a “vaso-dilator” or pump producing product. Instead its focuses are improved exercise through increased energy and the facilitation of post-exercise recovery, both of which is does very well.

Put plainly, MM is probably the strongest preworkout supplement I’ve ever tried… and I’ve tried just about everything on the market. Every time I dosed MM it gave me a massive jolt of energy that easily carried me through my entire workout. Generally I’d drop one scoop and sip on it approximately 30-45 minutes prior to exercise. While MM didn’t always provide the focus or “dialed-in” effects of some other pre’s, the fact remains that its energy-boosting properties are second to none.

A few notes on MM’s strength. First off, I am very stim-tolerant and yet even I had a few times where I experienced the “cracked-out” feelings of being over-stimulated after dosing MM. While the product was generally very consistent, I would urge sensitive users to go easy with MM and start with half a scoop. Honestly, I imagine most people will be able to stick with a half scoop throughout the entire tub and still feel excellent effects. Though I personally never had issues with crashing or trouble sleeping, I would expect those sides could easily occur for some individuals.

As for recovery, I didn’t experience anything drastic or noticeable. Given the profile however, I do believe some of the additional ingredients in Marinade serve to keep the body balanced and primed for swift recovery. MM alone isn’t going to turn you into Wolverine, but the BCAA’s and electrolytes are a nice addition to any supplement stack.

VALUE: 8.0/10
      A tub of MM will run you around $30 and includes 27 scoops. At a per scoop cost of over $1.00 Marinade is certainly not cheap, especially when considering most preworkouts cost between .50c-.75c per scoop. That being said, it is also true that active users will often need more than one scoop to get the full effects of the product (ex: Jacked, White Flood, Supp-D, C4). If you need more than one scoop of MM then you probably need to cycle off stimulants for like a year. Given that one could easily stretch a tub of MM to last 45 workouts or more makes me a bit more lenient in the value category.

OVERALL: 8.8/10
      Marinade is great stuff, plain and simple. Personally I think MM is best utilized only occasionally, as in right before a harsh leg or deadlift workout. Generally I’m reaching for a little more well-rounded and milder preworkout, however I’ll def be keeping a tub of MM in reserve for those days when I need a super blast of energy.

Thumbs up to Purus Labs for putting together one of the best pre’s on the market today.

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Extremely Potent
      • Solid Ingredient Profile
      • May Be Too Strong For Some Users
      • Possible Over-stimulation Jitters
      • Value Depends On User
      TigerJT
      TigerJT

Reviews: 8
      Reputation: +181
      This may be my next PWO. Purus so far = results to me. But So far PWR has not let me down. Great review!

lava135
      lava135

Reviews: 81
      Reputation: +3568
      good stuff, what's your thinking behind only using MM occasionally? Interesting, since I'm currently switching back and forth between MM and PWR, is it just the stim profile?

Joined: 6/2010
      Reviews: 55
      Reputation: +2375
      Thanks bros.
      @Lava - I am a fan of having multiple pre's. It's overkill for sure, but I dunno... some days feel like a Supp-D day, others a D-Stunner day, etc.

MM is awesome for those super harsh days or those days where you just do NOT want to go anywhere.

May 11, 2012

Age: 19

May 11, 2012
       First and foremost, big thanks to Grambo and everyone over at Purus Labs for letting me try out their new Fresh Fruit flavored Muscle Marinade and D-Pol. I had an absolute blast logging these products, and I am beyond happy that I finally got to try the fabled Muscle Marinade.

I can honestly say this is my new favorite pre workout drink, and I've had more than my fair share.

I'm going to attack this review from a slightly different angle than normal, so bear with me. I'll go with a bit of stream of conscious with a summary at the end. Here goes.

First of all, I love Purus' approach to their supplements. The more I read, the more I admire their intentions to only include proven, research-backed ingredients in their supplements. If I started a company, I'd do the same thing. Throw in the fact that all of their containers look badass, and most of their products are priced competitively, there really is nothing to point out as a negative about the company itself.

Speaking of price, after a quick look on the interwebz and it can be found for anywhere from $25 to $40 per tub. At 27 servings, that's $1.08 to $1.48 per workout, which is pretty legit, especially for what you're paying for. Not the best, and I actually paid $free.99 for it, but I'd grab this again if it stays in that price range.

I mentioned the 27 servings, but this is a TRUE 27 servings, no double or triple dosing here like most pres available today. To me, this is awesome and makes things very convenient, not to mention how cool it is to finally find a product that WORKS on a stim junkie like me at 1 scoop.

As far as taste goes, I have to be fair and say that I can't exactly comment on the Fresh Fruit flavor by itself. Reason being is because I wanted an added pump to go along with the great energy/strength/focus that comes with the MM, so I added pure Agmatine to the mix. For anyone who's taken the pure stuff, you know how dry and tart it can make even the best things taste. FWIW it smelled incredible, and it didn't taste bad at all even with the added Agmatine. I'd venture to say it would have a pleasant taste on its own because it definitely wasn't overpowering or fake tasting, but I want to try it at least one my time to firmly comment on taste.

What I can firmly comment on is the EFFECTIVENESS of this stuff. Good lord this stuff kicks ass! I'm sure by now the majority of you know what's in MM, but for a short recap: 0 calories/carbs, creatine, beta alanine, aminos, electrolytes, caffeine, and a gamut of others, ALL at effective dosages. Again, love the theory here: a lot of what works, none of what doesn't. For that reason, they left out arginine. FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS! For this same reason, MM doesn't give much (if any) of a pump, but it's not formulated to. This can be a possible drawback if you seek a solid pump, but can be easily combated with a nitrate like D-Pol or an additional pump product to add to the MM like I did with Agmatine.

Listen, I don't give anything 10's in terms of effectiveness, at least anymore now that I have become accustomed to what I should expect from natural supplements. But I was tempted to give this a 10 for effectiveness. Point blank, THE best focus and energy I've had in the gym, and this was day in and day out. The only set back was a short period of 3 or 4 days where my body was adjusting to the 1,3-di in the formula, so I felt kind of crappy after working out (similar to an energy drink crash feeling). But you better believe the days before and following this short period my focus was razor sharp. It was just me and the iron, nothing ever crept in and broke my concentration. I felt the best mind-muscle connection with this stuff due to the great focus. The ironic thing was that because it provided such good attention to detail via the enhanced focus, I got a great pump due to how I was focusing on contracting at the top of each rep. You feel like a robot on MM, in a good way.

Other notable benefits: increased strength, stamina, and endurance. Nothing bananas, your bench max won't go up 50 lbs with one scoop. But the energy will make you want to attack the weights non-stop, and the ingredients in MM allow you to keep pushing at higher weights for longer. Don't believe me? Just take one scoop and look at your shirt 7 sets into your workout and tell me if it isn't drenched with sweat. With MM you're able to keep the intensity way up for longer, allowing for steady strength gains throughout the whole cycle. I don't think a single workout passed while using MM where I didn't increase either reps or weight on multiple sets.

I am very stim tolerant, but like I said, 1 scoop always did the trick for me. Never made me nervous or made my heart race either, which is an obvious plus. The only possible drawback I can find with MM is the lack of pump ingredients in the blend. But that can be easily fixed with a nitrate, pure pump product to add to the MM, or just by utilizing the incredible focus this gives you to your advantage to create a pump via a more intense, focused workout.

Looking at the cons listed, I don't agree with any. Bad taste? No. No Pumps? Addressed that. Hard to stay hydrated? Not at all if you know how to operate a water fountain, and it has electrolytes in the blend to aid that. Stomach feels weird? Never happened. Heavy Crash? Only a couple times. More sweat? How is that a con??? And build tolerance quickly? Not at all, I never got tolerant to this over the 4 glorious weeks of using MM.

In summation:
      Taste: N/A until further notice (preliminary: 8)
      Value: 8
      Profile: 9
      Effectiveness: 9.5
      Side Effects: 2 (lower = better, 0 = best)

As you can see, I have a really hard time finding anything wrong with Muscle Marinade, which is why it's my new favorite pre. It overtakes Assault, Jack3d, and anything else in my book. I can't wait to run it again. I just really hope they don't reformulate it too drastically now that geranium is banned by the FDA because I do believe Purus uses geranium in Muscle Marinade. But you can be sure I will be picking MM up time and time again, you should too.

I'm Joe Flaherty, founder of this review. You're gunna like the way this works, I guarantee it.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • More Sweat (this Is A Pro!)
      • Never Built A Tolerance

Bout time... lol
        Good review
        ®~®

Joined: 10/2009
        Reputation: +146
        Great review. How long has geranium been banned? Is it completely illegal now? I'm using my first tub of MM and its awesome, I would hate to give it up. If it is banned does that mean you can pop on a drug test? I'm in the Marine Corps and we get random drug tests for all the major drugs, not sure if geranium has made the list.

Reputation: +1254
        Thanks for the props guys.

@ Kyl35 I know that it has been very recently that Geranium has become banned by the FDA, like within the past couple weeks. Not sure how this translates to the Marines, IDK how the determine what to ban. But my guess is that you'd be safe running the rest of the tub and then cutting your usage of this version at 1 tub. Then after they reformulate it, go after it again.

But to be super safe, stop taking the Geranium-included blend until further notice. Maybe contact someone within the Marines to get you more info?

Hope this helps.

Reputation: +1254
        Thanks for the props guys.

@Kyl35, I know it's been very recently that Geranium has been banned by the FDA, I mean like within 1 or 2 weeks. Having said that, I'm not sure how the FDA banned list translates to the Marines. My guess would be that you'd be fine finishing this tub, but don't pick up another tub of MM until they reformulate it.

As always, to be on the super-safe side, you can stop taking this formula and contact someone within the Marines who can tell you for sure.

Hope this helps

Reputation: +1254
        ^awww wtf the original post went up? My internet froze, that's why I wrote a 2nd version lol.

Joined: 10/2009
        Reputation: +146
        Thanks Joe, I will do that. All my favorite pre-workout supplements have 1,3 dimeth, its a shame they are getting pulled from the shelves. Sure hope however they reformualte it doesn't ruin the effectiveness too much.

March 31, 2012

Reviews: 106

Age: 23

March 31, 2012
         First things first, thanks to the Purus Labs reps, specifically Grambo. Not paying for stuff rocks. I was selected to log my experiences with the D-Pol/Muscle Marinade Stack along with a few others, & I was more than happy to give the two products a try.

To put it plainly, I’ve found my new favourite pre-workout supplement & I don’t see it being replaced anytime soon.

Muscle Marinade is one of the few supplements I’ve been meaning to try for the longest time now, really ever since I became active on this site I believe. It started with a rather glowing review from Steelfan10, and some more high praise from other members. Needless to say, I had some very high expectations for Muscle Marinade. I feel safe in saying it not only met those expectations but also exceeded them to a degree.

Profile: A
        -It’s a rather basic profile IMO, but still a good one. I would like to put it side-by-side with another similar product, but unfortunately most (if not all) of the others have prop blends. Muscle Marinade does not, which I found rather refreshing as I could plainly see what goes into Muscle Marinade. The profile is rounded out by your usual suspects, but stim heavy as most have noted in their reviews.

Mixability: C+
        -Muscle Marinade gets low marks here IMO. Note, I always used a blender bottle.
        It mixes up well enough, but there would consistently be a collection of powder at the bottom that wouldn’t dissolve. It would then find its way into each drink in the form of “grit”, and collect on the lip of the shaker cup. Kind of disappointing, but not a deterrent to buying the product. At the most it just got annoying.

Taste: B
        -I received the “Fresh Fruit” flavour, the reformulated version. In other words, it didn’t smell like dead rats in the tub. I was kind of looking forward to that lol, no joke.
        Anyways, it’s by far not the worst tasting supplement I’ve ever taken. It actually had a decent fruity flavour. Not overly sweet, not bitter at all, and extremely drinkable (minus the mixability issues). It doesn’t, however, stand up to Super Pump MAX. It’s still better than most out there today IMO.

Effectiveness: A+
        -This is where Muscle Marinade earns all its praise. I typically used Muscle Marinade first thing in the morning (5:30AM-6:00AM weekdays, 8:00AM Sundays) when I lifted, and in the evenings around 6:30PM Thursdays for Martial Arts. It’s important to note I do not lift on Thursdays. I typically follow a 5/3/1 power lifting routine, mixed with the Finnish Deadlift Program.
        Energy is downright awesome. On one scoop, you can literally go for hours in the gym & still feel like you got more in you. At times it was just downright unreal how much energy I had, and I would often find myself scratching my head looking for stuff to do. It wasn’t uncommon for workouts to start around 8:30AM & end well past 11:00AM. For Martial Arts I found myself moving faster, striking harder, & just plain performing at another level. The sessions would start hard & fast & pretty much sustain that pace for 1.5-2hrs depending on what we were doing.
        Focus was rather unreal too IMO. Concerning the time issue, I would find myself so “in” to my workout that you simply loose track of time…and space. My gym has a rather odd setup, but I digress. Smashing through sticking points wasn’t very hard when using Muscle Marinade, and I set several PRs as a result.
        I did hurt my back pretty good a week or so before starting Muscle Marinade, so I couldn’t test my deadlift or squat while using this. So, those numbers stand pat at 525 on deadlift and 420 on squat. I did make decent strides in bench, going from 280 to 290 for a 1RM. I also smashed a serious plateau on military press, topping out at 235for 2 reps, which works out to roughly a 245 1RM. I also set a PR of 230 for 4 reps yesterday (3/30/2012). Decent gains on what lifts I was able to test, but progress is progress.
        I won’t comment on pumps since I was also stacking D-Pol with this. So, that being said it’s hard to gauge just how good the pumps were. It should be noted though that I did get ridiculous pumps at times with this stack.

Side Effects: A (minimal to no sides)
        -No crash that I experienced and it didn’t affect my sleep much if at all even, at 2 scoops & when I took it on Thursdays.
        One thing that did happen, & it usually does with pre-workouts, is I sweat A LOT. I leave little oceans wherever I go. Also, it kind of helped with bowl movements, especially when I took it first thing in the morning. I just eventually accepted this occurrence as a warm up of sorts.

Value: A
        -When you find something that works for you, value jumps up no matter the price IMO. That being said, I would still pay the some $40 Vitamin Shoppe wants to charge me. For kicks I’ve looked up the price at the following retailers:
        NutraPlanet.com: $39.99
        Lockout Supplements: $29.99
        ProHormoneForum.com (store): $35.99
        IllPumpYouUp.com: $30.95
        Vitamin Shoppe: $42.99
        I would pay for anyone of those prices now, but at Lockout & Ill Pump You Up it’s darn good buy IMO. At 27 single scoop servings it’s fairly priced for the output you get.

Overall: A+
        -Like I said earlier, this is my new favourite pre-workout supplement. It just about knocks the socks off every other pre-workout I’ve taken to this point. It tastes good, goes down alright, is priced fair, & just works like nothing else.
        I highly suggest giving this product a try in the least.

• More Sweat

Reputation: +3345
        I like your reviewing system. People see a 7 and they think its terrible. People see a C and they know that means average. Might have to start using that!

ReVengeance
        ReVengeance

Joined: 1/2012
        Reviews: 5
        Reputation: +128
        Great review good sir, can't wait to try this out meself!

Joined: 8/2009
        Reviews: 106
        Reputation: +2793
        @Flash
        7 is crap? Huh...
        Anyways, I like my letter-grade system lol. It is different.

@ReVengence
        Its def worth a try at the very least.

March 27, 2012

Age: 23

March 27, 2012
         This is part two of my Purus Labs reviews. This will cover the preworkout formula Muscle Marinade. Purus Labs took the supplement industry by storm with D-Pol and Muscle Marinade, I'll say that right off the bat and I would like to thank Grambo and Purus Labs
        for giving me the opportunity to log and review these great products.

-------------Effectiveness (9.5/10)----------

I have a lot of admiration for a high-intensity preworkout that doesn't tweak you out and that is what Muscle Marinade is. This product gave me energy to spare during my workouts, but it wasn't a bad stim feeling at all. I don't feel like my BP was crazy out of
        control, it just intensified my workouts and allowed me to go through my routine faster and with shorter breaks in between sets. Also, I never had to increase the doseage past the one scoop, so my tolerance for
        this product didn't seem to increase too much while taking this product.

As far as focus or pump goes, some of the time I was taking other products with this that provided me with focus and pumps, but with this product by itself, I could not determine if I was getting any pumps or extra focus from this product alone. The Speed Extreme I had been taking was amazing for focus, so when I wasn't taking it while I was taking MM my focus levels weren't as high.

--------------Taste (7/10)------------------

I agree with everyone else that taste is one of the least important aspects of any supplement (besides protein shakes). However, with that being said MOST of the preworkouts I have tried have tasted as good or better than this. The Fresh Fruit flavor did grow on me and it wasn't gross in any way, it just didn't strike me as something I thought was exceptionally good.
        But at the same time why don't you try original N.O. Explode, once you try to choke that down you will drink Fresh Fruit like
        its the nectar of the gods.

---------------Price (7/10)------------------

This product comes in 27 serving tubs. A 27 serving tub will last me approximately 6 weeks because I workout between 4-5 times per week. You can typically find this for between 30-35 dollars a tub pretty easily. Thats between 1.10-1.30 per serving. This is a bit above the industry average for a preworkout. Typically, you can get 30 servings for about 30 bucks. Its a slightly more costly preworkout, but I think that the effectiveness makes it entirely worthwhile.

---------------Overall (9/10)----------------

I think that the price and flavor are important aspects of grading, but the effectiveness is so much more important of an aspect that I can't justify just averaging the gradings for an overall total. Instead, I feel that for this product that the effectiveness is so pronounced that I can't help but give this product a solid 9 rating overall.
        • A Bit Expensive
        • Average Tasting

Reputation: +2878
        You missed the biggest PRO: INCREASED MEAN MUGGIN!

®_®

Joined: 9/2011
        Reputation: +24
        MM will be at the top for me for a LONG TIME!

March 23, 2012

Age: 34

March 23, 2012
         Muscle Marinade. I have always wanted to try this product since my boy SteelFan labeled it the king of all pre workouts. Many thanks to Purus Labs for provided a sample tub for me and some of the other folks on the site.

How i ran it: 1 scoop 20 minutes prior to workout on an empty stomach. Nothing stacked with it preworkout or intra workout (other than water).

My Routine: As many of you know my routines are based on supersets, dropsets and monstersets. Many mass to shred supersets are my niche.

Profile: I am not going to list the entire profile, although it has a wide range of ingredients, including Creatine Mono, Beta Alanine, amino acids, electrolytes and the most pronounced inclusion of 300MG of caffeine and 80mg of 1,3 dime. This is a great concept, aminos in pre workout. I have been adding my own for years until some companies had the brilliant idea to add them in themselves.

Effectiveness: With these many stimulants I was worried that a full scoop would be overkill and have potential negative sides. Although I stuck with the plan, 1 scoop pre workout. No significant jitters during the workout were noticed, but it gave you an unreal amount of focus. Not as much energy as I had expected with all the ingredients, but it was solid none the less. The focus is what really sold me on the product, during the workout it felt as if you would lose track of time and be intensely focus on pounding out reps. I also felt myself workout faster, taking shorter breaks (which is odd since I don't rest that often anyway).

I never have had problems getting pumps from my workouts, with or without a pwo. Still had solid pumps with this product. Quite honestly, the pump really doesn't do much for me other than inflate my already large ego. That is primarily the reason I stopped wasting my money on Nitrox II and other type products. My workouts since they are mostly superset will yield a pump just by the sheer volume of work done in the gym.

So as far as effectiveness, this gets a solid 9+. Slightly surprised that it didn't yield as much energy but the focus was where it exceeded expectations. Only crashed one time which could have been due to a host of items, other than MM.

Taste N/A: Taste... Taste... I don't give a damn how it tastes. In my opinion, the worse it tastes the better. At least after drinking this, everything later in the day is only looking up.

Value: At roughly $35 online or $42 at local retailers, this isn't the cheapest but when you factor in 27 servings at 1 scoop each and you will not exceed 1 scoop that is a good value. For comparison, Jack3d and similar items that have 45 servings you would have to use at least 3 scoops to get anywhere near the effectiveness. Not to mention most pwos don't have aminos and significantly higher doses of creatine. Overall solid 9 on the value, the servings on the container are the servings you get. No BS.

Conclusion: I have tried all the mainstream preworkouts on the market with the exception of only a few newer ones. This is by far the king of pre workouts. If you want the best, why not buy the best and stop messing around with upping your dosage from 1 to 2 to 3+ scoops of the other brands.

Bladski seal of approval

• More Sweat

Reviews: 63
        Reputation: +3046
        very nice brother. i think this is my next pwo.

Reputation: +1977
        Great review and product. The only side effect I found was an increase in mean mugging...

Reputation: +2878
        Yea. I should have listed that was a pro
        INCREASED MEAN MUGGIN!

kris65
        kris65

Joined: 4/2011
        Reviews: 35
        Reputation: +2376
        ^LMAO Yea I heard some rumors of some dude who was MEAN MUGGIN hardcore down in the city lol

Yea,

MM definitely aids in the mean muggin area. Also when you are being mean mugged by someone, you have a tendency to throw a plate in the mean mugger's direction.

Mooselini
        Mooselini

Joined: 10/2010
        Reviews: 28
        Reputation: +2203
        Im going to have to pick this up, btw if u mean mug too much does your face stay like that

Reply #7:

Reputation: +1027
        This dude is an absolute pimp. Great review playa! Also thanks for the plug lol.

March 15, 2012

Age: 32

March 15, 2012
         Part 2 of of my logging and review stack provided by Grambo and Purus Labs. Muscle Marinade. Thank you again for the opportunity.

In the overwhelming market of Pre WorkOut supplements, it is truely hard to find one that is just right. Some get you wired and leave you hanging, some leave you wondering if your tub went through the kool aid assembly line, and some are filled with so much unnecessary filler that you leave much behind. This is where Muscle Marinade breaks the mold.

I was given the opportunity to log this with D-pol and honestly considered this just a bonus. I had never tried it and wasn't truely expecting all that much. I was wrong. The unassuming energy that this provided on a consistent basis was astounding. Each dose was equally as effective as the last. One scoop "and they mean one scoop" was enough to provide sustained energy through and through.

Dosing: One 19.7g scoop mixed with 12-16oz cold water. Mixes pretty well. Some floaters and grit, but there is a lot going into those 12oz.

Profile 10: Honestly too long to list everything, please see the label if interested. The profile is a key selling point and the basis of the products effectiveness.
        Creatine Mono 6g, Betanine Anhydrous 2.5g, Beta Alinine 2g. ( Even at 2g I could feel the paraesthesia)
        Fantastic Amino Profile, Stim Profile, Electrolyte and Vasolidation profile.

Taste: 7 Fresh Fruit. The taste was OK. Tolerable and easy enough to put down. Taste is certainly not the most important aspect to a pre work out supplement, but considering the profile and all that's in it, it works.

Effectiveness 10: As stated before constant, sustained, clean energy through and through. The beta tingle was a welcome sign of the purity of the product. Best part, no crash. Not once which is unusual for such a stim heavy product.

Value 9: You can purchase this for around 30$ which is around a dollar a serving at 27 servings. Going rate for a solid pre, which really only requires one serving and not three. 27 servings is an odd number and I would purchase a larger tub if possible.

Overall 9: Again Purus delivers. I have great faith in this company after my trial run and am anxious to try more of there product line. Muscle Marinade will replace my current favorite pre work out supplements unless cycling off creatine. Get your hands on a sample or take my suggestion and fry's full tub. You won't be dissapointed.

Joined: 8/2010
          Reviews: 71
          Reputation: +3978
          I was never one to enjoy high stim preworkouts usually because Id feel miserable after leaving the gym, but this little gem is really something else. Good review brother, totally agreed on all points.

Reputation: +3345
          Great review. I really like this stuff too. Have about a weeks worth of each left before I compose.

Reviews: 63
          Reputation: +3046
          solid review brother. i may want to try it out.

AlphandOmega
          AlphandOmega

Joined: 12/2011
          Reputation: +1249
          I gotta try a full tub of this poo too!!

March 31, 2011

Age: 24

March 31, 2011
           Ok so it is time for me to give the review of this amazing product.

First of all I have to say that Muscle Marinade has to be the best PWO supplement on the market, it has absolutely everything you need to perform better in the gym: creatine, aminos, energizers

EFFECTIVENESS: this pwo simply works, and it gives you a ridiculous amount of energy that last hours after the gym. You definitely feel the improvement in your endurance and focus in the gym. The beta-alanine tingles is freaking crazy too; you feel you are being hit with hot needles all over your body and for some reason when I was stretching it felt exactly on the muscle part I was stretching.

TASTE: So it does smell like dry vomit when you open it. I had the grape flavor, but the actual taste of it is pretty good. Just like kool aid, but if you are not into very sweet stuff mix it with at least 10oz of water, because it is very sweet.

MIXABILITY: it mixes very well for the amount of ingredients that it has, sometimes you have small residue at the bottom of the cup, but nothing a lil bit water can handle.

CONS: it does have a crapload of stimulants, 300mg of caffeine!! and sometimes I would crash a couple of hours after it faded away, but that was not common. The amount of caffeine may give you IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) symptoms. I felt like this after a couple of weeks of using. If you think about you are ingesting a crap load of stims everyday with this. Although I did not use the full dosage all the time.

I read online that caffeine affects colon health and it may aggravate IBS or give you a diarrhea

VALUE: 38.95 at ProSource.net, which is not bad because it lasts you more than a month. It has 27 servings, each one a full scoop. I used 1/2 scoop for like 2 weeks.

OTHER BENEFITS:
          *my recovery was definitely improve, i would not be that sore after my workouts.
          * I was able to lift my heavy sets for more reps. I think it was due to the extreme focus you get from MM.
          * I kicks in like 10 mins, which is definitely a plus for me because I workout in the morning... I wake up, get dressed, drink MM and I go.
          *I did not need to use the full scoop until the third week. The amount of ingredients it has kinda compliment each other.

OVERALL VIEW: MM is simply a great PWO. It delivers instant energy, tastes good, mixes well and although sometimes I did crash and had a lil bit of stomach discomfort, the products fulfills its promise. I highly recommend this to anybody.
          • May Develop Ibs Symptoms
          • No Pumps
          • No Vascularity

Reputation: +1027
          You and I both, MM is the real deal.

Reputation: +2172
          yes it is, and I got it because I read your review lol

dorsey67
          dorsey67

Joined: 7/2010
          Reviews: 2
          Reputation: +39
          Thats actually kinda expensive. You get more servings of noxipro for 27 bucks. I cant say which is better though I still need to try this stuff. Good review though man.

Reputation: +2172
          But look at MM profile 6g of creatine, 6g of BCAA, 2g of beta alanine, 2.5g of betaine, vitamins, electrolytes and i forgots what else, you get more for your buck.

Joined: 9/2011
          Reputation: +24
          I've tried alot of pwo's and MM is still close to the top of the list for me... great stuff... Cherry Limeade... mmmmmmmm

Have you used Muscle Marinade? Submit your own Review!