Fat Smack

This product has been reported as discontinued.

By Purus Labs
Fat Smack Purus Labs
7.7/10
(Weighted average based on 7 Reviews)

Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

iSamurai

Purus Labs has done it again by creating an outstanding product

Please observe that this is a review for Fat Smack XR -- which is currently not in the SR review section, which is why I had to put this review under the original Fat Smack.

To start, I would like to thank Grambo and the team over at Purus Labs for allowing me to test this product free of charge via their Facebook giveaway. I was lucky enough to be one of the first 50 people to "Smack my Fat" and I must say that I was extremely impressed with Fat Smack XR. While I was taking Fat Smack XR, I stacked it with PES Alpha T2 to maximize the results, and my diet was also based on Petey's recomp article. So I wasn't cutting which is why the weight loss wasn't extreme, but I will explain my results later. Now to the review...

Profile:

Fat Smack XR Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Capsules
-----------------------------------------
Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) – 5000 IU
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) – 60mg
Controlled Sympathomimetic Psychoactive Adrenal Stimulant Complex: 410mg
1,3,7-trimethylxanthine (as caffeine anhydrous and controlled release enteric coated caffeine pellets), 2-amino-4-methylhexane
Green Tea extract (std. min. 60% EGCG) (leaf) – 500mg
Cissus quadrangularis extract (20:1) (std. min. 5% Ketosteroids) (root) – 300mg
Black Pepper extract (std. min. 98% Piperine) (fruit) – 5mg
Chili Pepper extract (std. min. 90% capsaicinoids and 55% capsaicin) (fruit) – 2mg
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, magnesium stearate, silica, FD&C red #3, titanium dioxide, FD&C yellow #6, FD&C red #40, FD&C blue #1.
In comparison with the original Fat Smack, this is what Purus Labs improved (copied from Grambo's original post on Fat Smack XR)
1. Fixed the original problem of upset stomach/GI issues when on an empty stomach.

After some testing we determined that the problem was not the capsaicin as originally thought. We determined it was actually the added minerals in the product (Iron, iodine, zinc and selenium). This allows the product to now not need to be taken with food as well as not make you feel sick.

2. Make the stimulant components last longer throughout the day

We swapped approximately half the caffeine anhydrous per serving to an enteric coated, delayed release caffeine anhydrous beadlet, thus creating a 2-teir stimulant effect providing a less acutely pronounced stimulation in exchange for a smoother more sustained stimulant effect.

Dosage:
The dosing for Fat Smack XR is very similar to other thermo's/fat burners. Start with 1 pill upon waking until your tolerance is assessed and add 1 pill later in the day. Then bump it up to 2 in the morning and another 5-6 hours later. Sensitive users should consume with food.
-The pills are medium sized, gelatin pills with a black and red color...very cool looking pills and easy to get down

Effectiveness: 9
I have taken multiple fat burners/thermo's like the very popular USP Labs OxyElite Pro and others like Lipo 6 Black, Hydroxycut, etc. Fat Smack XR is right on par with OEP to me. From the first dose to the last, this product delivered every time. I must add that I'm a very stimulant tolerant person and a lot of fat burners/thermo's don't effect me, but I can say with certainty that Fat Smack XR delivers even to the most stim tolerant people.

Energy – The initial morning dose always provided me with the most energy (like it should) within 15 minutes of taking it. A little jittery, but the energy was still fairly clean in my opinion. I could also see where Purus Labs was going with the time release addition; after the initial energy surge, about 2-3 hours later I would get another energy surge which was great and I wish more supplement companies would adopt this aspect when creating their fat burners.

Thermo – Be warned that this product will make you sweat hard! Granted I work in a bank so I'm in a shirt and tie all day, but I swear I could not stop sweating. I was constantly craving water and occasionally had to step outside to cool down a bit. You can definitely feel the great thermo qualities this product contains.

Mood – I hate my job to say the least, but after taking Fat Smack XR, my mood always seemed to elevate. Of course there were days where my mood was unable to be affected by FSXR because of my professional situation, but most of the time, especially during the weekends, I always seemed to be in a great mood.

Fat Loss: The most important factor that y'all have been waiting for. I started my recomp at 182.5 lb's with a 34 inch waist. Please keep in mind that I was not cutting and I was following Petey's recomp diet, but I still managed to drop down to 178.0 (4.5lb loss unintentionally). I leaned out considerably in my chest, back, arms, and midsection...I also have a 32.5 inch waist now which is more then I was expecting.

Sides:
The only side effect I felt from Fat Smack XR is that sometimes I would feel this peppery burn in my stomach, but this only happened when I didn't take it with a full glass of water (which is what they emphasize on the bottle) I recommend downing these pills with 16-20 oz of water to prevent this.

Value: 9
You can buy Fat Smack XR for $25-$30 online depending on what retailer you purchase from. This is in the same price range as most fat burners, if not cheaper. There are 90 pills in one bottle which is a 30 day supply if you follow the 3 a day protocol, but if you're sensitive to stims, you could easily make this product last for 45+ days.

Overall: 9
Purus Labs has done it again by creating an outstanding product. Like I stated before, this is on the same level as the beloved OEP and I will definitely be taking this product again and next time for a full 8 week cycle. I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a fat burner outside of OEP, but please remember to take these pills with a lot of water! Based on the effectiveness and value, this supplement is hard to pass up on.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Enhanced Mood
  • Strong Thermo
  • Extended Release In Energy
  • Peppery Burn In Stomach

Jpotter21

Posted June 15, 2012
With running a recomp and the results you got I am extremely impressed. That is pretty sweet. And I feel your pain working at bank. Did it for less than a year and hated it. Haha. Good review bro.

Posted June 15, 2012
Haha thanks man...yeah working at a bank sucks. I do everything for this place, even training our assistant manager, and I get paid like poo. I need a new job for sure.

Posted June 15, 2012
Great review iSamurai! I am currently on a cycle of Fat Smack XR as well. I saw that you used peteys recomp diet and was wondering how often you did cardio? Also, since you lost almost 5lbs did you lose or gain muscle? Any increase in definition or cut? Thanks!

Posted June 15, 2012
I did cardio 3-5 times a week and increased in strength in most of my lifts. You can check out my log which goes into more detail. http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=19965.0

Great review

trooper

More than what I expected!!

I purchased Fat Smack from the online store called Lockout Supplements for $27.95

Manufacturer Purus labs
Ingredients Serving Size:2 capsules

Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
Vitamin A acetate (retinol) 5000IU...

Manufacturer Purus labs

Iodine (as potassium iodide) 150mcg 100
Iron (as ferrous fumarate) 18mg 100
Zinc (as zinc methionine) 15mg 100
Controlled Sympathomimetic Psychoactive Adrenal Stimulant Complex 410mg
-1,3,7-trimethylxanthine; 2-amino-4-methylhexane (a naturally occurring constituent of geranium oil)
-Green Tea Extract (60% pure EGCG) 500mg
-Cissus Quadrangularis (5% ketosteroids) 300mg
-Piperine (98% pure extract from piper nigrum, fruit) 5.05mg
-Capsaicinoids (95% pure extract from capsicum annuum) 1mg

Fat Smack Ingredients Other ingredients: ginger root, magnesium stearate, silica.

Fat Smack Directions from PURUS LABS Take 1 capsules to assess tolerance. If tolerance permits, you may take 2 capsules. Do not exceed 2 capsules in a 24 hour period. Sensitive users should consume with food. Do not take within 6 hours of bedtime.

Taste - There is no taste, it is a capsule, unless you decide to take on an emtpy stomach a I have heard people complain of a peppery burn in their stomach. I would normally take this product approx 1 hour before the gym at 7 am.

Effectiveness 10/10
I have tried several weightloss supplements but I have had the best results with Purus Labs Fat Smack and I would choose
this brand over the rest. I would notice an increase in body temperature, not to the point where I was sweating but a general warm feeling. When I would be at the gym and either lifting weights or on the treadmill sweating would increase and overall body temperature. I eventually started to take 2 pills per serving and experienced an even greater increase in body temp and sweating. What I enjoyed most about this product is the appetite suppression. You don't feel the cravings to snack on food. Sometime I wouldn't be hungry for 8 hours but I new I needed to eat my servings of protein every 3 hours. This appetite suppression comes in handy when your friends around you are snacking on cheeseburger and you are completely eating a small portion of protein without the side of fries or worse. I also notice a loss in weight. At the same time I increased my cardio from twenty minutes of running to 40-45 minutes of running and at the same time was monitoring my calorie intake as well as carbs/protein. I had many friends come up to me and ask me how much weight I loss. I'm 6'2 and normally weigh approx 200 lbs, I quickly dropped to 186 lbs and I had about 3-4 people ask me how I accomplished that.

Side-effect - Other than an increase in body heat and sweating which is normal when your busting your butt at the gym anyway sometimes when out to dinner, I would occasionaly feel warmer. I also noticed that after taking a dose, about an hour later I would be very thirsty and was drinking 3-5 12 oz bottles of water for the next 4-5 hours. Without water, I would get that dehydrated feeling with a slight headache. I never experienced any stomach upset or dizziness.

Overall 10/10
This product was exactly what I was looking for and I was surprised with the results. It was more than I expected. The increase in energy boost was a nice addition also. I would recommend this supplement to people and I will continue to use it as needed in the future.

• Clean Energy

Posted May 10, 2013
    Did you take just "Fat Smack" or "Fat Smack XR"?

trooper

Fat Smack

TigerJT

Posted May 10, 2013
    May have to get this for the wife; she has been looking for a good FB supp! Great review.

I've been preparing to go into the Marines and trying to loose some more weight before basic. My gym trainer recommended Fat Smack and Jacked 3d to me, and other than protein powder those are the only two supplements I've been using. In the month I took Fat Smack I lost 3.4% body fat. I go to the gym 5 times a week. First time I took the pills I noticed an extreme boost of energy for about 3 hours. Toward the end it was less intense though still raised my body temp a bit and gave me a hyper feeling. I personally didn't experience any crash afterward with Fat Smack. I'm very satisfied with the product and would recommend it in conjunction with regular exercise, though I am not certain if ill being buying it again. Tolerance seems to build up pretty fast. Be sure to eat something before taking the pills. The first time I took them on an empty stomach it almost caused me throw up.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • No Crash
    • Super Clean Feeling Without Being Overpowering.
    • Tolerance Builds Quickly

Ive just finished this product and I have to say, I love it.

Ive just finished this product and I have to say, I love it. From day 1 I have noticed a subtle energetic feeling without the jitters. I've had some uncomfy experiences with other fat burners, heart flutters, jitters, constant dry mouth.. This product was super clean and not overpowering. The standout effect for me was my metabolism went through the roof. This in use with Muscle Marinade has me bouncing from one end of the gym to the other. Cardio has also been great with no sides at all. Love it and highly recommend.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Super Clean Feeling Without Being Overpowering.

Posted February 3, 2011
      What other fat burners have you used? I have used Oxy Elite Pro and liked it quite a bit but I'm getting ready to start a new stack and I'm strongly considering fat smack to be a part of it. I was just wondering if/what you could compare it to?

Posted February 3, 2011
      I have taken hydroxy cut, ripped fuel, atrophex, and lean efx... stackers, lean efx was potent, but was harsh on the body, constant dry mouth and jitters, and if you didnt drink an obscene amount of water, you were asking for trouble. the other products were a mixed bag of results, nothing special though, atrophex being ok, almost no noticeable improvements off the other products other then a caffein bump. on the fat smack though, it was just a really clean feeling, felt focused, and metabolism took off.

It was fairly decent as far as increasing energy

I am ussually very pleased with purus products but the Fat Smack didnt do much for weight loss support and i noticed headaches 4-5 hrs after taking it . It was fairly decent as far as increasing energy but it was short lived with a crash a couple hrs later. wouldnt take this product again

Pros:
      Cons:
      • Super Clean Feeling Without Being Overpowering.

GREAT ENERGY BOOSTER WAY BETTER THAN THE XR VERSION!

So I recently placed a review about the wrong product. I meant to review this version not the XR version which is the extended release and I screwed up and rated that all 10/10/10 which I should have rated it 5/5/5 because in my opinion it definitely does not compare to the original formula which I'm finding harder and harder to obtain. Anyways, here goes my review.

Dosage: I took one pill upon waking up and 1 pill about 5hrs-6hrs later which would be about 30min before my workout.

Taste: I didn't get any type of nasty vitamin burps or indigestion from these like I've gotten from other weight loss supplements.

Absorption: The pills take about 30min to kick in and I take them with a light meal although I have taken them on an empty stomach and they didn't bother me but I believe in food equals energy too. I would however avoid sugars and caffeine which is pretty difficult for me since I drink around five shots of espresso a day but you definitely have to eliminate caffeine from your diet while taking these or any weight loss supplement or else you may find yourself hunched over with extreme burning pains in your kidneys! That's definitely not fun.

Effects: For me this is really where this product excels over others that I have tried and I'll list those products below. I found from the first day these pills really do it for me and I must say I have a high tolerance stimulants. Each time I eat my dosage I feel an euphoric almost heady uplifting buzz. The energy comes on fast and strong. I have to move around and keep myself busy because it can make you feel like your going to lose yourself or jump out of your body. Now I don't think this has anything to do with the caffeine because as I mentioned above I have a super high tolerance to stimulants especially caffeine. So this leads me to believe it must be the DMAA

DMAA: I'm by no means an expert on this chemical but from what I've read it seems to be a controversial compound that can produce a psychoactive effect on your brain. Now I'm not sure if it's because I've experimented with psychoactive drugs such as: LSD, ecstasy, mushrooms, cocaine, and methamphetamine in my younger partying years. But for some reason this product gets me to where I want to be and maybe that's a good thing or maybe that's a bad thing for those with addiction problems. However I never abused this supplement and I took it as directed and never for a period longer than 60 days.

My experience: I have to admit I really like these and they allowed me to shred up taking me from 191lbs to 175lbs last summer. Of course these aren't some sort of magic pill and one has to have excellent will power and the ability to carefully monitor their calorie intake and sugars also not sit around
      and not exercise.

Other products: My wife was a huge advocate for the original Oxy Pro Elites so of course I ran a cycle of those before trying these. I definitely liked the Oxys however I didn't like how you would build a tolerance and at times they would make me tweek and make food look repulsive. As for the Fat Smacks I could still bring myself to eat so the appetite suppressant wasn't as strong but the energy and mood enhancement is much better and more of what I'm looking for. I've also tried Roxylean which should be renamed to Roxy-Colon-Clean because that's all those did for me was make me agile and poop. I've ran a cycle of hydroxy elites and I thought those suck too I would say an iced Vinti from Starbucks will get you going more than the Hydroxy Elites. I even tried the Fat Smack XRs and I thought they were far inferior to this original formula and as an editor's note: (I totally screwed up when I wrote my review about the Fat Smack XRs and rated them an all around 10. If I could rewrite that review I would and I would rate them a 5/5/5).

Side Effects: The only noticeable side effect I felt while taking these was increased heart rate at times and an addictive euphoric feeling which I think is from the DMAA. I did not get jittery, nasty burps, stomach cramps or poop excessively.

Thermogenics: I would sweat a lot on these especially my armpits they would drip sweat without me doing anything which leads me to believe the thermogentic effects were doing what they are supposed to.

Overall: I'm pretty stingy on perfect scores and that's probably why a lot of folks hate on me because I speak my mind and give you a no BS review. I've rated several other products zeros and received backlash and now I have a -4 rating as a new member because I spoke my mind about other products which in my opinion suck. So like it or hate here is my honest opinion about this particular product I'm giving it to Purus labs at a perfect 10 and I'm super excited to try their growth hormones so once I complete a cycle you'll be hearing back from me!

• Enhanced Mood

I used Fat Smack for 4 weeks and it was OK

I used Fat Smack for 4 weeks and it was OK. It wasnt anything like Oxyelite or Lipo 6. I did the dosing thats on the label and did not lose any weight. I do appear a little leaner in the mirror but thats it

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Super Clean Feeling Without Being Overpowering.
        • No Crash