Condense Reviews

By: Purus Labs

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #126 of 199 (better than 37%) in

Condense is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Purus Labs. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Active metabolite of choline that increases power output and strength, decreases soreness, and supports creatine production in the body.

Non-essential amino acid that buffers lactic acid in the body by increasing cellular carnitine levels leading to greater endurance, strength, and power.

November 21, 2014

Hey SR, another review from ya boii
Case you folks notice that my pre workout reviews aren't a month apart, I often switch on and off with different PWD's for different days. Sometimes it helps when I feel a tolerance to one or just feel like using another.
<- this'll play into effectiveness by the way
ANYWAY, Here's my two cents on Purus Labs Condense!

Dosing / Mixability / Taste - 7
I had Melonberry Cooler, but had lots of samples of the Island Punch and Crisp Apple as well. In all honesty, the taste wasn't a strong point in any of the flavors. I really started to get sick of the Melonberry towards the end of the tub. I will, though, be getting another container of Island Punch regardless.
Never had problems with mixing; seconds to mix with minimal chunking(?) if any at all. Easy to down once a flavor starts getting sickening.

Effectiveness - 8
Initially, I dosed with two scoops/servings and felt no significant effects of Condense in terms of the advertised vasodilatory effects. The energy and focus were clean and on par. After consecutive use over a couple of weeks, I started to get some maaaaaad pumps, actually the best pumps I've ever experienced. After I started my cycle of D-Pol, the pumps only kicked harder! You'll see that some of the other reviewers didn't get the results I got, so I guess everyone's different.

Value - 8
40 servings cost me about $27, $0.68 a serving. It's a nice price I think if you only need ONE scoop per; I was using two for a while just to see if I could get the pumps going (when I hadn't felt any effectiveness). If you don't have lots of nitrates in your system already, or are kind of a stim junkie and need that extra kick, it goes 20 servings, $1.35 per (2 scoops).
Side note - It comes in a pretty big tub, but it's filled maybe halfway. Kind of a let-down upon opening.

Overall - 8
At first, I was pretty disappointed with Condense, given pretty bold claims. I took their word for it and regretted it (at first), but I wasn't about to waste a container of pre- so I stuck with it; turns out that decision payed off! The taste isn't phenomenal, as long as it works, right? Energy and focus are clean and solid, pumps get better and better. I definitely have a go-to now - Razor 8 is still next though
  • Takes A Few Uses To Fully Work
  August 22, 2014

Hello SR, long time no see. Im back at it again. This time it is Part 2/3 of my Purus Labs experience. Again, the good people over at Purus sent this out along with AminoD(already reviewed) and Noxygen(review coming soon) and, as always, I am thankful for their participation. This tried and proven PWO performed quite well for me.

Serving Size- 1 scoop(6.1g)
Servings per Container- 40

ATP-Sustaining, Lactate-Buffering,
Blood-Oxygenating Mitochondrial Efficiency Complex- 5.18g
Betaine Anhydrous(2.5g), Beta Alanine(2g), Nitratene(480mg), Caffeine(200mg)

Alrighty, so pretty simple huh? Most people are going to need more than a scoop but they account for that with 40 servings. Some people might not need much so this makes it usable for a greater variety of users. Proven ingredients at nice dosages. Can't really ask for more than that. I would like to see some Carnosyn(pure beta alanine) in here. With not so many ingredients you would think they could shell out the money to put the best quality in here. Still, overall I can dig it.

I used 1.5 scoops for majority of the run but did feel the need to dose 2 scoops from time to time. I really don't like to be too stimmed up but some days I needed the extra boost. Another thing I will add is I like how they provided a long handled scooper. With the long tub, it was nice to see some thought go into this. Just sayin...

I had the Crisp Apple flavor and I really, really liked it. It had a nice kick to it and was on the sweeter side for sure. I actually looked forward to drinking it which is not usually the case for a PWO.

Perfect. A few light shakes and it was completely dissolved.

This was a great all around product. I dosed it with Noxygen most of the time so the pumps were above average. Not what I would have expected though. There were a few times I left the Noxygen out and the pumps were alright, just not really what I expected I guess. This, for me, is the least of my worries though. I care about performance and that is what I got every single time. Im not one to get the beta alanine tingles as much as some might, but I got a slight tingle about 10 minutes after drinking it to let me know it had kicked in. Never hurts. Along with the tingles came a pretty nice rush of energy on my way to the gym. The type that makes traffic quite the pain, as everyone seems to slow down and you hit all the red lights. As far as endurance, I would say that it was great. It got me through some pretty grueling workouts.

You can find this for 25 bucks in multiple places so that is pretty good. Consider that most will dose this at 1.5 scoops and you have this for 30 workouts. For the results I got, this is one of the better values out there.

I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of Condense. The taste was great, it kicked in very fast, you could tell when it kicked in, and it provided great workouts every time. And, at a low price, you really cant ask for more. The stayed simple with ingredients that have been proven to work. Nice work Purus Labs, you've done it again.
  June 29, 2014

Hey all, time for another review and this time it's on Purus Labs' pre-workout Condense. I'd first like to thank Randoja, Grambo and the rest of the Purus Labs team for sending this out for me to try. I appreciate the opportunity. Time to get right into it.

Profile: (9/10)

40 one-scoop servings per container

One scoop of Condense contains:

2.5g Betaine Anhydrous

2g Beta-Alanine

280mg of their Trademarked Nitratene

200mg Caffeine

As well as some electrolytes (Chloride, Sodium, Potassium)

A very simple, yet very effective lineup of ingredients.

The Betaine, Beta-Alanine and Caffeine are all ones we should be familiar with.

The Nitratene is basically Purus' trademarked form of a nitrate, the same kind that you would find in a beet or spinach, per an excerpt from Purus' website. Good for the PUMPS.

Effectiveness: (8/10)

It was a good pre-workout, no doubt about it. While I know some of the other users here weren't too impressed with it, I was left with a great impression and positive experience with Condense.

I experimented with a single scoop, 1.5 scoops and 2 scoops, and I found that 1.5 scoops was the sweet spot for me.

The 300mg of Caffeine in 1.5 scoops was just enough to get me going and keep me energized throughout my workout.

1.5 scoops also dosed out a hefty 3.75g of Betaine and 3g of Beta-Alanine which were great for supporting endurance and performance. I felt like I could hit a higher amount of reps and fatigue less often during my use of Condense.

And I also have to say that the pumps I got from the Nitratene were among some of the best I've ever had. My bodyfat percentage isn't low and yet I still had veins popping out all over the place. The tightness in my muscles also lasted a while after my workout ended.

Great performance overall, and Condense provided a consistent experience every single time. The effects never faltered and I was never disappointed with the product.

Taste/Mixability: (7.5/10)

The flavor I chose was Island Punch and it was certainly the most tart flavor I've ever used for a pre-workout. I wouldn't say that I particularly enjoyed drinking it but it was never something I dreaded. I normally just put a minimum amount of water in a cup and shot it down quickly.

It mixed very well with little sediment and was very light in consistency. There were also no dyes which is always a huge plus in my book. Thanks for that, Purus.

Value: (8/10)

I've seen this for as little as $21 dollars which works out to under $1 per serving if you use 1.5 scoops as I did for most of the run.

They're also proven ingredients in very respectable doses so it represents good value to me, especially when you consider you're getting full label disclosure as compared to other proprietary blends out there.

Overall: (8/10)

Condense receives a very solid 8 all across the board.

Proven ingredients, respectable doses, decent flavor and good value all create a winner in my book.

I would definitely use Condense again and I recommend you give it a try.
  • Proven Ingredients
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • No Artificial Dyes
  • Flavor May Be A Bit Too Much For Smme
  May 24, 2014

To begin, a special thanks to Grambo, Rhandoja, and Purus Labs for allowing me the opportunity to try and log their concentrated PWO formulation Condense.

Condense is Purus Labs' concentration PWO formula which has replaced their previous PWO Muscle Marinade. Condense features some of the more basic well-known ingredients we are used to seeing in many PWOs on today's market. These ingredients include caffeine, betaine, beta-alanine, and Purus Labs feature N.O booster; nitratene. The formulation is designed to support energy, pumps, endurance, and vascularity.

Due to the DMAA ban which hammered ban nails on several companies' PWO products, muscle marinade was discontinued and replaced with the DMAA-free condense. I myself was a bit skeptical about condense primarily because at the time I was use to the stim-surge I got from DMAA and the fact that condense was receiving intermediate feedback leaning more towards the unfavorable side of the spectrum.

Of course, I am keen believer in the fact that everyone will respond differently to all supplements. Therefore, when the opportunity was presented to the SR community, I was quick to capitalize.

Now to get into my experience...

Taste (8): I was given the Crisp Apple flavor. I found it to be refreshingly crisp indeed and have the right combination of smoothness and sweetness. There were no unpleasant aftertastes or stomach upsets afterwards and the mixability was fine.

Ingredient Profile: Compare to some of today's PWOs, the profile is much more straightforward. I especially favor the fact that everything is properly listed with its quantity rather than being in a messy jumble of ingredients put into a randomly quantified prop.blend.

Amount Per Serving

Chloride - 48mg
Sodium - 130mg
Potassium - 52mg

ATP-Sustaining, Lactate-Buffering, Blood-Oxygenating Mitochondrial Efficiency Complex - 5.18g
Betaine Anhydrous (2.5g), Beta-Alanine (2g), Nitratene (high molecular-yield nitrate form) (480mg)

Key note here is that these are the quantities for one scoop. Two scoops will obviously result in a double dose of everything.

I don't believe there is a need to break down anything and explain as these are all ingredients that we've seen plenty of times by now. We've got caffeine for improved cognitive function and energy, beta-alanine and electrolytes for enhanced endurance, Betaine for lipolytic and recovery support, and nitratene for increased pump and vascularity.

Usage: Despite both my stim-tolerance and the anticipation that I was most likely going to need an additional scoop, I assessed my reaction to the supplement by beginning with one scoop on the first day. After no adverse effects were experienced, I began using two scoops, which turned out to be the "sweet spot" dosage. Therefore, primary method of utilization was two level scoops about 20 minutes pre-workout.

Effectiveness: As usual, I am going to be break this down into sub-categories..

Energy (9): Two scoops of condense gave me a clean, consistent, strong surge of energy throughout.

Endurance (7): I noticed my endurance was moderately improved during high-volume compound lifts. I was a bit less fatigued even when weight levels were still acceptably high and I also found my self cranking out some more reps on isolation maneuvers. Cardiovascular aerobic endurance didn't seem to change much, but I've always considered my endurance here to be high to begin with. In all, I had better endurance in some areas but not all.

Pump/Vascularity (8): The pumps were noticeable and consistent as was the improved vascularity. Not as intense as thunderbolt though, but decent pumps nonetheless. I found that the pumps were more pronounced provided my pre-workout meal had a good amount of complex carbs. For me, proper carbohydrate intake time pre-workout is usually two hours before the beginning of my workout, but everyone is different.

Value (7): I give condense a 7 for value. I've found it ranging 25-28 dollars online. However, in some supp stores it goes for 38 dollars!!! No thanks....In any case, assuming you find it for a proper price in the lower to mid-20s, condense's value is decent especially if you find only one-scoop to be necessary. However be stringent with shopping if you feel you'll need two scoops.

Overall (8): Condense gets an "8" out of 10 based from my experience with it. It is not the greatest PWO I've used, but for something with a more straight-forward profile that doesn't have any creatine or DMAA, it is effective and consistent in the prime areas of energy, endurance, and pumps.

Would I try it again? Yes, but only on periods when I wish to cycle of creatine since being creatine-free is one of condense's highlights.

Would I recommend it? Yes, I would recommend anyone looking to try a new product in the PWO line to give condense a go.

• No Prop Blends
  • Consistent Pumps
  • Improved Vascularity
  • Caffeine Content May Prove Too Much For Some
  • Beta-Alanine Tingles May Prove Bothersome For Some
  October 15, 2013

I waited I don't know how long to try this product since it was originally announced. But I just recently finished my first tub and I was sadly pretty disappointed.

Content: 8/10
I am not going to go over everything in great detail as most of the ERs have already done a very thorough job breaking it down. But just for a quick recap, this is what each scoop of Condense provides: 230 mg of Electrolytes to maintain/enhance cell hydration levels. 2.5 grams of Betaine Anhydrous, an anti-oxidant, which studies have shown to help increase power exerted and overall workout performance levels. 2 grams of Beta Alanine, a Non-Essential Amino Acid that aids in anaerobic endurance and exercise power output. As well as being linked to higher increases in lean muscle mass. 480 mg of Nitratene, a patent pending nitrate blend used to increase nitric oxide production, thus providing better pumps. And last but not least, 200 mg of Caffeine to increase overall energy, focus, and alertness.

Overall, most of these ingredients are pretty common in most solid pre-workout blends. With nitrate formulas being used more and more by the day. So nothing extraordinary, but I have to give props to Purus Labs for not using a prop blend.

Dosing/Mixability: 7/10
On the tub, Purus recommends taking 1 scoop 10 minutes before working out. I lift first thing in the morning 4 times a week. So as soon as I got out of bed, I would get dressed and take a serving of Condense then drive 3-5 minutes to the gym. Once I had established my tolerance, I upped the dosage to 2 scoops for the remainder of the tub.

In 4-6 ounces of water, Condense does a better job of mixing thoroughly then some pre-workouts. But even with stirring with a spoon for several seconds, it always left a little pool of wet powder at the bottom of the glass that I had to swallow/chew through.

Overall Effectiveness: 5.5/10
I come in over 200 lbs. and would consider myself pretty stimulant tolerant. This was however the first stimulant containing pre-workout that I had taken in about six months so I expected to get a pretty good jolt out of it. At one scoop, I barely felt anything and was yawning the whole time while I was lifting. At two scoops, same deal, except I felt a little bit alert and wasn't yawning as much. I understand that Condense does not contain any hardcore stimulants, but at 400 mg of caffeine from 2 scoops, I was expecting a little more kick.

This is the highlight of the product. At one scoop, the pumps were good but didn't really take full effect till after I was about a ¼ through my workout. At two scoops, the pumps were even better and starting kicking in during my beginning sets. The pumps were definitely nowhere near the ones I get from D-pol, but were still probably some of the best I have ever gotten out of a pre-workout formula.
My endurance levels definitely increased while running Condense. But with 2 scoops providing 4 grams of Beta-Alanine, this should be a given. In general, my vascularity increased though for whatever reasons, seemed to remain inconsistent week to week.

Taste: N/A
I don't rate the taste for pre-workouts as I only have to taste it for about for 5 seconds. I just care about if they simply work or not. But as compared to other pre-workouts I've taken, Condense is definitively one of the best tasting ones. I had the "Crisp Apple" flavor and it has a nice mellow and tangy taste to it. It is also dye free, which is another plus in my book.

Condense will run you about 25-32$ online depending where you order it from. This is pretty average pricing for most pre-workouts. Depending on how you dose it, a tub of Condense will give you between 20-40 servings. Which is not too bad at all, but based on my own personal experience, I would consider Condense simply more of a pump enhancer then an actual pre-workout. So it only lives up to about half of what's meant to do.

Overall: 6.4/10
Overall, Condense simply did not live up to what I expect out of a pre-workout. It was more of a pump enhancer then an actual pre-workout. So I cannot recommend it to anyone looking for a new or solid pre-workout formula to try out. Purus Labs is still one of my favorite companies and I plan on trying out Muscle Marinade sometime hopefully in the near future. Which I probably should have done in the first place.
  • Dye Free
  • Inconsistent
  • Low Energy
  • Needs Different Stims
  May 8, 2013

What grabbed my attention first was its label. There are no outrageous claims on the bottle, just the supplemental facts, directions for use and the warnings, I like that! I've had great results from this product as my pre-workout supplement and I have purchased and used four bottles so far. The bottle itself is your typical small round container which fits easily in your gymbag, glove compartment of your car or your kitchen cabinet. The first container I bought came with a small scooper that couldn't reach to the bottom so I ended up using a spoon. The latest bottles I have purchased have come with scooper with an extended length which is a great idea.

Price 10/10
I purchase Condense from Lockout Supplements for $24.95. I use 2 scoops which equals to 20 servings. Due to my work I can only make it to the gym three times a week. I usually average a month and half of workouts per bottle and I have no complaints about that.

Taste 10/10
I love the taste of Crisp Apple Condense. It smells like sour apple candy and when it first hits your lips you might pucker a little. It almost taste like some fruity alcoholic drink you get on vacation at an island minus the alcohol. I have never experienced an upset stomach or bad aftertaste, dry mouth, bloating or any side effect. The sour taste might not be that great for people who work out early in the morning.

Mixability 10/10
When you look at the product inside the container it resembles salt. White, fine and gritty. When you shake it up in a bottle it mixes well with no lumps or foam. I usually drink Condense on my way to the gym so shaking it inside a bottle while driving is not a problem. The top of your shaker bottle doesn't want to explode, however you might get a little bit of settling at the bottom if you don't drink it right away, but it's very little.

Effectivness 10/10
For me, I eat breakfast approx 45 minutes to 1 hour before working out. I use Condense about 15 prior to my workout (on my drive to the gym) I warm up for 5-10 minutes and soon as I start with my first set of (chest, arms, etc) the tingle kicks in. My workout last about 35-45 minutes and I have that Condense "effect" the entire time. For me, I have an extra boost of energy and increased focus. I have even finished a workout and had great 20 minute running sessions on the treadmill. I think its a timing issue for most people with their preworkout supplements. I've taken condense and then had a conversation with a friend at the gym and ran out of steam near the end of my workout, but after many uses I've got the timing down to my specific drive time to the gym, warmup, and workout time frame. I've noticed great pumps with my arms to the point I can't fully extend my arms while doing tricep rope extensions. I have also noticed increase vascularity in my forearms.

Overall 10/10
I have recommended this product to many friends who have said they loved it. What I like best about this product is that the effect last about 35-45 minutes for me which is the length of my workouts. I don't feel a crash afterward or any stomach upset. I workout around seven am so I have never experienced this product taking it at night and then trying to sleep. If you're expecting to take Condense and feel the strength of a gorilla and knock out two hours at the gym I would suggest that this product is not for you. I simply tell people that for me I get good focus, a clean feeling of energy with no crash. Peoples opinions will vary and no two people are alike but I am very happy with this product and that is why I would place it in my top 3 of PWO supplements.

• Amazing Taste
  February 25, 2013

I really wanted to put in my review on Condense after reading a lot of negatives on this product. I have been trying to find a pre workout product that did not contain creatine or DAA for my off cycle.

Ingredients you'll have to read other peoples reviews on all that stuff what was important to me was no creatine and no DAA.

Effectiveness: Now for me I weigh around 240 so I would take 1 1/2 scoops about 10 min before a workout. Condense gave me great focus and stamina to last through my hour and a half workout. I really have not seen any size or loss in weight that I'm pushing up. I work a night shift so I really count on having that boost to get me motivated to workout and I feel Condense provided me with that.

Taste: Melonberry cooler wasn't bad I had no problem drinking it down. It's not the best tasting,but its a lot better than anadrolic GT.
  • No Creatine Or Daa
    Rep: -13
      February 24, 2013

I have been a lurker among SR and figured it was time to add to the masses.
    I was fortunate enough to be chosen to test the product on another board and wanted to share my reviews here.
    I have tried numerous PWO and there are only 2 I like. Formutech Volatile and now Purus Condense. 1-MR, not bad, Hemo Rage ok, Supp-D, crap
    Probably the best I have ever tasted. Similar to a sour apple Jolly Rancher
    Mixability – Can't really comment as I always mix everything in a bottle with a wire ball. Never any clumps.
    1 scoop is enough for me as 2 over-caffeinates.
    Skin tearing pumps?? No then again I have never tried a PWO that does.
    Energy – very clean and smooth
    Crash – no
    Another positive I like about this is no creatine. Unfortunately my muscles tend to be very saturated and when I use products with Creatine I experience bad bloating and am on the throne a lot.

I highly recommend this product again based on energy and taste.

• Amazing Taste

December 28, 2012

Thanks to Grambo for the chance to log this stuff and his patience with me on getting this review up.

I have some mixed feeling on this stuff so bare with me.

I am not going to list ingredients because they have been listed with others. But at a glance they decent.
      Has some beta-alanine , Potassium and some other goodies.
      Also note there is NOT a creatine in this so you can add your choice of creatine to it, or use then when its time to cycle off.

Effectiveness: Three PARTS ( 7.5 overall )

Energy 8.5
      I loved the energy I got from this. I could tell it was a good feel, Not cracked out, Not too strong. Just enough to get that push you need. I had no crash. I could feel the tingles from the beta alanine every time I used it. Even at a half scoop. I really enjoyed this part of it.

Pump 7
      It was hit and miss on this. I never could get the timing right with the right amount of carbs or something with this to get the full feel of what it says was possible. It was kinda aggravating.

Veins 10
      I had more veins visible every workout with this product. Even at the end of what turned into a 2 month bulk. I gained fat but was still seeing eye popping veins. I have a new one that goes from neck across my chest into my arm that I could see through a shirt. Even with not much of a muscle pump I had crazy veins. I like it too, if you are anything like me seeing that in the mirror is instant motivation.

Taste 9
      I really like the strong bite this had.It really has a punch too it. I would sometimes just dump it on my tongue and get a drink. It would really give you a kick in the mouth of taste then.!

Price 6
      I think it is a bit high for what it is as compared with muscle marinade I think it should be a little less. I have found some decent deals for it but most are around 25 - 32 bucks.

Overall 7
      Taking in the consideration of the pumps being off and on, and the price it brings it down. If I new a way to gets the pumps every time it would be a lot better. Even the pumps I did get was not as good as when I was taking d -pol that stuff is still king for pumps.
      • No Creatine
      • Inconsistent
      • No Creatine
        December 4, 2012

Love Purus, kinda like Condense. I like the idea of a minimalist preworkout a lot but I think Condense needs a little more work before they perfect it. I'm writing this hoping they pick up on that and perfect it.

Effectiveness- 6

Vasodilation is moderate, but it took me several doses of Condense to really feel it.

Energy is moderate as well but a pretty clean lift and finish which is nice. Not as much of a boost as Muscle Marinade, and not as much energy. Kicked in within about 10 minutes and plateaued around 20. Endurance increase is moderate at best.

Taste- 5

I had Crisp Apple. It tasted a little like salt water. I expected a better flavor since there are fewer ingredients to cover than a traditional preworkout. I had a sample of the Melonberry Cooler and preferred that one, for what it's worth.

Value- 6

I believe Purus is on the level with their research and have no problem paying an extra dollar or two for something that I know is top notch. However with the less than superb performance of the supplement the value is not entirely there.

Side effects were minimal, other than feeling slightly nauseated the first two times that I took it. I think that this product is not a bad one to use for a month or two if you're trying to give your body a break from complex preworkouts that have creatine etc.
      • Takes A Few Uses To Fully Work
      • No Increase In Endurance
      • No Strength

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.