Home > Categories > Bodybuilding > Pre-Workout > Purus Labs > Condense

Purus Labs Condense

Condense Purus Labs
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (19 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Video Review

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Cellucor C4 Extreme Reviews
C4 Extreme (247 Reviews)
Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude Reviews
Green MAGnitude (54 Reviews)
Muscle Pharm Assault Reviews
Assault (237 Reviews)
Lecheek Nutrition Speed X3 Reviews
Speed X3 (35 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

USP Labs Jack3d Reviews
Jack3d (1006 Reviews)
BSN NO-Xplode Reviews
NO-Xplode (356 Reviews)
6.9
BPI 1.M.R Reviews
1.M.R (191 Reviews)
MRI Black Powder Reviews
Black Powder (154 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Purus Labs Condense Sample Review: A Pleasant Surprise!
Wazzup SR.com! I've registered on here some time ago, but I feel like the ...

M&S buy 2 Condense from purus get free dpol
Buy 2 condense any flavor get free dpol powder full size  http://www.muscle...

Bad idea? Jack3d micro+Condense
Just wondering how bad of an idea is it to mix purus labs condense and jack3d mi...

Getting my MASS on with Lecheek MASS STACK and Condense.
Ok guys Me and Flashsunday are going to do a double log. This will be for athlet...

Facebook Giveaway: Purus Labs Condense and PES Erase (12/28/12)
Get in it to win it! It's time to give out a bottle of Purus Labs Condense ...

Flash & Houston's Condense'd n SWOLL-N Alphamine and Lecheek Cut Stack Log
Here it is boys, the transformation contest last year got sidetracked by injurie...

Purus Labs Condense Video Product Review
Boom boom! Dropping a video review for Purus Labs Condense! http://www.youtube....

Free D-POL when you buy Condense!
I was looking to get me some protein at muscleandstrength.com/store and saw this...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Condense Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Condense Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Energy (13)
  • Slight Increase In Vascularity. (8)
  • Great Flavor (6)
  • Great Focus (6)
  • Value Dependent Upon Servings (6)
  • Inconsistent (5)
  • Takes A Few Uses To Fully Work (4)
  • No Increase In Endurance (4)
December 28, 2012

Age: 35

December 28, 2012
 Thanks to Grambo for the chance to log this stuff and his patience with me on getting this review up.

I have some mixed feeling on this stuff so bare with me.

Ingredients.8
I am not going to list ingredients because they have been listed with others. But at a glance they decent.
Has some beta-alanine , Potassium and some other goodies.
Also note there is NOT a creatine in this so you can add your choice of creatine to it, or use then when its time to cycle off.

Effectiveness: Three PARTS ( 7.5 overall )

Energy 8.5
I loved the energy I got from this. I could tell it was a good feel, Not cracked out, Not too strong. Just enough to get that push you need. I had no crash. I could feel the tingles from the beta alanine every time I used it. Even at a half scoop. I really enjoyed this part of it.

Pump 7
It was hit and miss on this. I never could get the timing right with the right amount of carbs or something with this to get the full feel of what it says was possible. It was kinda aggravating.

Veins 10
I had more veins visible every workout with this product. Even at the end of what turned into a 2 month bulk. I gained fat but was still seeing eye popping veins. I have a new one that goes from neck across my chest into my arm that I could see through a shirt. Even with not much of a muscle pump I had crazy veins. I like it too, if you are anything like me seeing that in the mirror is instant motivation.

Taste 9
I really like the strong bite this had.It really has a punch too it. I would sometimes just dump it on my tongue and get a drink. It would really give you a kick in the mouth of taste then.!

Price 6
I think it is a bit high for what it is as compared with muscle marinade I think it should be a little less. I have found some decent deals for it but most are around 25 - 32 bucks.

Overall 7
Taking in the consideration of the pumps being off and on, and the price it brings it down. If I new a way to gets the pumps every time it would be a lot better. Even the pumps I did get was not as good as when I was taking d -pol that stuff is still king for pumps.
Pros:
Cons:
  • No Creatine
  • Great Vascularity
  • No Creatine
chichistrong
chichistrong

Joined: 9/2010
Reviews: 69
Reputation: +2160
I got nothing from this ***, but a massive Beta-A flush... *** is ridiculous... you feel all around, even close to your anus hahaha

petey7408
petey7408

Joined: 3/2009
Reviews: 38
Reputation: +3992
You're just posting this now? Good lord. :D

Joined: 1/2011
Reputation: +2485
^^ I kept my promise though

Razer
Razer

Joined: 10/2012
Reviews: 5
Reputation: +2
First off great review. Am I the only one who actually got something out of this pre workout?

Bfrob22
Bfrob22

Joined: 3/2013
Reputation: +1
You could try taking with 1000mg of vitamin C and that should help out the pumps. Vitamin C will work with any nitric oxide product.

Meuth
Meuth

Reviews: 40
Reputation: +3594
Reading some old reviews after reading the new one posted. Even though I had already repped this one, I got a laugh out of reading:

October 19, 2012

Age: 20

October 19, 2012
 By the looks of recent reviews, I’m not the only one who was disappointed with Condense! Purus Labs is still one of my favorite companies when it’s all said and done but if I have to give them a mulligan on one supp, this would be it.

Overview

Took a while, but Purus finally jumped on the “concentrated pre” ship and came out with Condense as a minimalist-style powder that focuses on a pump via the nitrate/nitrate pathway and contains no creatine or DMAA.

Not gunna lie, when I saw Purus drop an N.O. product, my heart skipped a beat. I figured it would be a powdered version of D-Pol, or at least deliver the same kind of wicked pumps since they use the same type of nitrate in both products. I was going to stack this with Muscle Marinade (I think this was Purus’ intentions?), but I decided to run it along with some added ConCrete pre workout.

Since I ran it during my DTP routine, I’m not sure if the workouts themselves didn’t lend to a good pump or if they played any role in the product underperforming at all, but I think it’s worth noting.

Effectiveness: 6

It pains me to slap Purus upside the head with such a low score, but I have a hard time finding anything positive to say about Condense.

I only took it 4 times a week on days where I lifted. Being the stimulant addict I am, I figured 2 scoops with 400 mg of caffeine would be a breeze for me to handle. I’m not sure if it’s the combo of the stims and the nitrates or what, but there were a couple of times where I felt really light headed and had to sit down to stop my heart from racing just so I could finish my workout.

Even though this is loaded with Beta Alanine, I never felt a flushing or tingling feeling from it. I may be more immune to that feeling now days, but I found it strange to not even feel it on my lips when I drank the stuff. The tingle is basically a signal that it’s working in your body, so I was concerned when I never felt that.

In terms of endurance, I never really felt a tangible gain from this during the marathon sets of DTP. I think a lot of the strength gains that I got in the 4 weeks don’t have a lot to do with this either, but rather the other supps I stacked this with (D-Pol, AD-3, and ConCrete).

The biggest let down… WHERE WAS THE PUMP? IamAlex adequately paraphrased Arnold in saying everyone chases the pump, and I thought this was yet another shortcut to that feeling that makes you feel (and look) like a Greek God. But I never got any extra pump from this at all. I was running it with D-Pol, which gives some density and a decently veiny look, but Condense added nothing to it. EVERY TIME. I kept waiting and waiting, thinking that it might take a while to build in my system, but nothing ever happened.

Looking back, Condense did next to nothing that actually aided my efforts during a workout.

Profile/Dosing: 8

At least Purus gains some “in theory” points back here. I commend Purus for only using ingredients that are backed by research in the proper dosage in every product. That’s the confusing part… On paper, this stuff is awesome. Maybe Purus is mixing the powders the wrong way? I’m reaching for any excuse at this point.

I also kind of like the fact that they don’t add in their own creatine because it makes this a very versatile pre that you can stack with the creatine that works best for you.

And an added bonus: no prop blend. I like how they list the 1 and 2 scoop values for each ingredient to the milligram on the panel. That would be a much cooler perk if it actually worked.

1 scoop (6.3 g)/2 scoops (12.6 g)
Servings per Container: 40/20
Active Ingredients: 5.18 g/10.36 g
Betaine Anhydrous: 2.5 g/5 g
Beta Alanine: 2 g/4 g
Nitratene: 480 mg/960 mg
Caffeine: 200 mg/400 mg

Loses points in the fact that over 1 gram per scoop is pure filler and because no matter how cool the combo of ingredients is, they didn’t do jack.

I would dose two scoops of this about 10 minutes pre workout along with 2 scoops of ConCrete. I was only drinking a whey/maltodextrine shake for my preworkout meal about an hour before the Condense, so it was on an “empty” stomach.

Taste/Mixability: 9

Some more positive points in this category that don’t matter much. The “Crisp Apple” flavor was the first apple flavored supplement I’ve tried outside of protein. I wasn’t expecting it to be that good, but I found it to be very refreshing in cold water and not overly tart. Even though I added really bitter ConCrete to this, I looked forward to drinking it every morning. I will say that apple is a unique taste, so it might not be for everyone, but I liked it. It mixed clear-ish and never left anything at the bottom of the shaker.

Value: 6

This is directly tied to quality, so value suffers a lot here. I usually give a poor rating when a good product has an absurd price, but this is the exact opposite.

I picked this up on Nutra Planet as part of the Thunder and Lightening Stack (with D-Pol) for $39, but they have it on its own for $25. The “per use” value ended up being $1.25, which is decent.

Even though the price tag would be a good value for most pre’s, I wouldn’t pay anything over clearance price for this ever again since it does just about as much as an energy drink would.

Overall: 6

I haven’t given a product this low of a score in about 2 years, but Purus… you guys earned it with this one. I’m not sure where the disconnect is between the ingredient panel and the effectiveness, but it’s there BIG TIME. Hopefully Purus catches wind of Condense’s shortcomings and reformulates it.

I won’t hold this against Purus in the grand scheme of things and I’ll be eager to try any new products they come out with. But in the meantime, don’t waste you time or money on this.

*Sigh*…At least the bottle looks cool.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Bottle Looks Cool
  • Great Flavor
  • No Ba Tingle
  • No Increased Vascularity
  • No Pumps

Reviews: 83
Reputation: +881
I got 5 sample packets of this to try and I was not real crazy about it either. The flavor I had was melonberry cooler and I was not to crazy about that flavor at all. The Apple flavor you had sounds like it would be a lot better. Not really a big fan of these kind of pre-workouts where there is no creatine and other stuff they normally put in pre-workouts.

cjm502
cjm502

Joined: 3/2011
Reputation: +109
I agree with everything you said, nothing but a let down for me.

Reviews: 73
Reputation: +2358
Boy, condense seems to be getting the SR fist of disapproval quite often lately. While I respect purus labs, I think they may have to go back to the drawing board with this one. Then again, I haven't tried so I guess I shouldn't judge, just my opinion based on some of the reviews I've seen.

BTW, great review Joe.

Honest review

I got a great pump from this product, but zero energy and at 2 scoops I had the same side effects. Have since scaled it back to 1.5 scoops to finish out the tub.

They should have put different stims in it.

Joined: 5/2009
Reputation: +1254
Thanks guys. Yeah i really agree with all of you when u say back to the drawing board. Its a really cool concept tho. Maybe if they change the stims up like Frankie said and change the beta alanine to the patented CarnoSyn form, it might work better. But overall it did very little as-is.

Reputation: +39
Flash, I see condense was a disappointment for you but take it 2 hours after your protein shake and see if that makes a difference. What I noticed condense has been doing lately is keeping me going after I thought I had failed.The vascularity hasnt or pump isnt really there but I get the pump from the iron. Good review man.

Rebel29073
Rebel29073

Joined: 11/2010
Reviews: 1
Reputation: +387
I guess I am the odd man out here. I am enjoying Condense and I seem to get the tingles every time I use it. I only drink it on my way to the gym. Sorry it didn't work too well for you.

October 4, 2012

Reviews: 20

Age: 23

October 4, 2012
 Every time I hear someone mention the word pump, I can’t help but hear it in the Arnold voice. “The pump”… But, he was right. We are all chasing that “pump”.

I’ve been a huge fan of Purus Labs ever since I’ve started using D-pol, which is hands down my favorite supplement. So naturally I was really excited when I learned that they were developing a new product called Condense that was going to be a “pump” product. I was kindly given the opportunity to run this product in full, and here is my review.

EFFECTIVENESS- 5.5

All in all, I was disappointed by what Condense brought to the table for me. There’s two main complaints I have about it. It’s not consistent, and the amount or type of stimulants needs to be changed. When I say it’s inconsistent, I do realize that there are other factors (timing, meals, workout routines, etc) that affect a products like this, but I never could figure out what I needed to do to make this work every time. Sometimes, it would blow me up like I’ve never seen before, but that’s where my complaint about the stimulant content comes in.

I needed 2 full scoops to achieve the desired results which adds up to 400mg of caffeine. Right as I was really starting to enjoy the pump (when I would get a big pump), I would start getting so nauseated from the amount of stims that I couldn’t finish my workout. Other times I wouldn’t see much of a pump at all, but I was still getting sick from the amount of caffeine. I would much rather see this product caffeine/stimulant free or at least the amount of stimulants dialed down.

I'm not a vascular person to begin with, so the fact that I didn't notice an increase in my vascularity doesn't surprise me. So with that said I can't say for sure if it increases vascularity.

TASTE/MIXABILITY- 8

It seems this is a topic of differing opinions, but I for one thought the Crisp Apple flavor was amazing. It was refreshing and easy to drink, and there was absolutely no bitterness or funky after taste with this.

It mixed well, leaving only a small amount of sediment at the bottom of my cup. Nothing major.

VALUE- 5
I can only give this a 5, even though it’s what I consider an affordable price. Affordably priced or not, a products value is directly affected by its quality. Unfortunately, in this scenario the quality was lacking for me.

OVERALL-5.5

Even though I’m disappointed with Condense, I still am a huge fan of Purus Labs. They’re on the leading edge of science in the supplement industry, and I’d say they’re onto something with this product. Maybe it just needs a bit of tweaking or reformulating, or maybe I’m just a non-responder.

I really had high expectations with Condense, and a few times it did meet them. But with how inconsistent it was for me I really can’t say I would recommend it to someone based off my experience. Now it does seem that for other people it works quite well every time, and that’s seeming to be the trend with supplements that utilize nitrates. Some supplements are “hit or miss”, and this was simply a miss in my scenario.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Flavor
  • Inconsistent
  • Too Much Caffeine
Vermonster
Vermonster

Reviews: 19
Reputation: +255
Unfortunately this one did not work for me either. I think it is the perfect product for younger student athletes but I couldn't find a lot of joy in that tasty can.

Reputation: +133
Good review, thanks for the heads up. Really was looking forward to this but you and I believe raptors review swayed me away

Joined: 5/2009
Reputation: +1254
Dammit, my bad Alex, my stupid ass Galaxy S III tweaked out and neg repped. Stupid touch screen... shoulda been a +rep

Joined: 7/2010
Reviews: 20
Reputation: +949
No problem joe, I've done it many times myself.

Reputation: +1228
Alex, was there any correlation if you took it on an empty stomach or not?

I started my tub today on an empty stomach. The pump was fantastic, no3 black chrome like but vascular and I am not vascular.

Energy was decent at 1.25 scoops, but it kicked in about 3 sets in taking it 10min prior.

October 3, 2012

Reviews: 62

Age: 27

October 3, 2012
 Thank You to Purus Labs and the E.R. program for allowing me to review this pre-workout.

This is marketed as a pre-workout supplement with emphasis on the fact it does NOT contain creatine (one of the most scientifically proven legal muscle builders)dyes, or DMAA which is now banned for resale.
The emphasis is however on the fact that this is a "nitric oxide potentiating/ oxygenating hemodynamic catalyst". This all means that its supposed to increase nitric oxide levels in your bloodstream and muscle tissue as well as increase the transportation of oxygen in the bloodstream which is great for AEROBIC workouts.

Effectiveness: 5
My first workout with Condense was abysmal, lifts were weak, muscles burned with fatigue, lacked any drive in the weight room.
After my first dose, I really didnt even want to try it again but I had to give it a true shot so I kept with it. The second time I used condense I used it on a 3-mile run with great success. Alot of aerobic endurance and little to no lactic acid fatigue from running.
Now this sounds like a eureka moment only these results are identical to when I typically run with caffeine alone (which is 2.99 a bottle)
So it works well for running, and why wouldnt it with 200mg caffeine per scoop?
So I continue to use it for both running and gym workouts and I would switch up pre-workouts some days just to check if it was me getting weaker or if Condense really was THAT bad, and its safe to say that this is one of the worst pre-workouts I have ever used.
Gym-wise its in the bottom third of preworkouts, cardio-wise its in the top third but thats not saying much since caffeine alone would be in the top.

Profile: 4
Beta-alanine, Betaine, caffeine, and *Nitratene*
Nitratene is supposed to be a high molecular yield nitrate form.
Condense also has 52mg potassium, 130mg sodium, and 48mg chloride to help with electrolyte balance.
The combination of these ingredients clinically work marginally better than a placebo. The caffeine is the only performance enhancer with the beta-alanine only marginally helping.

Taste: 2
Every time I drank CONDENSE, I felt like I was back in college and being forced to drink some chicks apple pucker.
"Crisp Apple is a disgusting flavor to begin with and why they omitted fruit punch as an option is beyond me. Melon-cooler is the second option which I have not tried but it doesnt sound much better.
A good rule of thumb when picking flavors would be not to choose anything that is also a VODKA flavor.

Pumps: 0
Not saying its a bad thing since you dont want pumps when running but I got nothing from this in the gym.

Vasodilation: 2
This has no vasodilating ingredients since Nitratene is a nitric oxide potentiator and not a vaso-dilator.

Value: 4
The ingredients in Condense are very cheap to obtain and yet its priced comparably to muscle marinade and other pre-workouts with more servings. Im basing this off a $27-30 range for Condense.

Disclaimer:
I still really do love purus labs and they are a top notch supplement company and I also understand the goals of this product. Its a "creatine free" preworkout to compete with the new Jack3d Micro.
I LOVED muscle Marinade and its probably my favorite currently available pre-workout.
Condense fell VERY short for me in the pre-workout category and I feel the other reviewers even the Experts have been cushioning reviews on this product since it certainly is no 8 or 9 out of 10.
  • No Pumps
  • Nitratene
  • No Increased Vascularity

Reputation: +1988
Great review i dont get anything from this either ive only taken it for about 8 workouts so i hope it gets better. As far as the taste goes just nasty

Cray
Cray

Joined: 6/2010
Reviews: 55
Reputation: +2374
God I love it when Raptor lays it down.

Boss review. I'm with you on ConDense for the most part. Very disappointing. And I HATE the flavor. Ugh.

Reviews: 73
Reputation: +2358
Sounds like you had some good college years raptor LOL
Great review, sorry this stuff fell short for you but hey, we're all different.

But its so crisp!?!?

jpount
jpount

Joined: 2/2012
Reviews: 12
Reputation: +18
Good review.

Interesting that this product is geting a variety of different views.

Might pick this up next and try it myself, but the flavours do 'read' awful.

Melon cooler sounds like pain waiting to happen.

Reviews: 83
Reputation: +881
I got 5 sample packets of this to try and I am not overly crazy about it. Yeah it does give you some good engery but does not help much is builder more stregth and size. After trying the samples I got I am glad I never go a full container of this.

Reviews: 11
Reputation: +520
Solid review Sir.

I however disagree, I anbsolutely love this stuff. I think it tastes fantastic, but I don't drink so that might be something to do with it. I get solid pumps, that get better the more consecutive days I take it.

I have yet to take it for cardio, but my CFT is coming up, so ill give it a shot then. My only gripe is too much caffeine for me

Reply #8:

Reputation: +490
Shouldn't you be able to have a better than abysmal workout even if the Pre you're taking sucks? You really shouldn't need a Pre to give you drive in the gym

Reply #9:

Joined: 3/2009
Reviews: 62
Reputation: +2600
Its the context.
If a drag car runs 10 seconds in a 1/4 mile then its a good run. If the same drag car runs10 seconds while using nitrous then its an abysmal run. Context....

Reply #10:

Reputation: +490
If you say so

September 26, 2012

Age: 33

September 26, 2012
 Thank you to Grambo and Purus Labs for participating in the ER program, and allowing a few of us to try their new Pre-workout product, Condense.

Overview: Condense take a different approach than today's average PWO. The goal of the product is to literally expand your workout capacity, and with this goal in mind, Purus has achieved success. For all of the stim junkies out there, myself included, this product needs to be taken with a different approach and with a slightly different expectation in results.

Effectiveness:9
This will need to be broken down a bit to gauge the full effectiveness of Condense.

Energy:8
The energy provided by Condense came in the form of endurance. I never really experienced a jolt or burst of energy. Yet the energy came on gradually and lasted through out. The ability to add one more set or one more rep was at a constant. Although I did on occasion miss that initial kick in the teeth burst of energy, the long lasting effects with zero crash, out weighed my initial desire.

Pump: 9
The pumps were solid, and dense on a consistent basis. Never puffy, or watery, and increased with usage. Having the nitrates in your system after a few uses, or consecutive days, paid dividends. Some muscle groups seem to be targeted more than others, but they were prominent.

Vasodilation: 7
I am certain that Condense had a widening effect on my veins, allowing for a great number of physiological benefits. But the visibility was nothing extraordinary. I don't put this on Condense, as much as I do my own genetic make up. But I have to rate the effects on my experience alone. I did see many more spider veins in my shoulders, and the veins in my forearms were more visible, but no fire hoses popping out.

Profile: 8
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings per Container: 40

Cloride 48 mg
Sodium 130 mg
Potassium 52 mg

ATP-Sustaining, Lactate-Buffering, Blood-Oxygenating Mitrochondrial Efficiency Complex:

Betaine Anhydrous (2.5 g), Beta Alanine (2 g), Nitratene (high molecular-yield nitrate form) (480 mg), Caffeine (200 mg)5.18 g

Effective ingredients, however at near 200lbs, and a high tolerance to caffeine, I felt the need for 1.5-2 scoops at a time. I am neutral on the absence of creatine.

Dosing/Taste: 10
1-2 scoops 10 min prior to workout. Doesn't get much easier than that. The taste, Crisp Apple, is the best tasting supplement that I have ever tried. I could absolutely care less about the taste of a PWO, I usually pound it down and go. But this was honestly amazing.

Value:8
The value remains simply due to the products effectiveness. This can be found on average for $25. If you were to only use one scoop, and found it to be effective for you, than this would present a tremendous value. At two scoops, that is only 20 servings, a little over a dollar per serving, which I am not usually willing to go higher than when purchasing a Pre-Workout.
So the value is truly dependent upon the user.

Overall: 8
A solid pre-workout with a change of pace. I thoroughly enjoyed the endurance aspect of the product. The consistency was was great, and I never crashed once. I am very used to stimulant laden PWO, in fact Muscle Marinade is my all time favorite, so I can't say that I will never go back. But I can say with the up most certainty that I will be including Condense in my stack again in the near future.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Endurance
  • Amazing Taste
  • Slight Increase In Vascularity.
  • Great Pumps
  • Value Dependent Upon Servings

Reputation: +1988
reinger how do you think a scoop of this with a scoop of muscle marinate will fair

Reputation: +1977
It sounds like something I would try lol. Thats a lot of Stims. Maybe a half scoop of MM and a Full Scoop of Condense. I would be more inclined to alternate the two deoending on the day,

Reputation: +1988
I never tried mm but I have been using condense for a few days and i agree that its a smooth clean energy. Im thinking about mixing it with animal rage

RiseAboveIt
RiseAboveIt

Reputation: +180
@line..i actually tried that and it was awesome. I used half scoop of mm and one scoop condense and it gave me the best of both worlds with energy/pump

Reputation: +1988
ok cool rise ima try it with rage today

Reputation: +39
I might have to go get me some MM now. I hate the 1,3 DMAA but MM was badass. I love Condense so together they must be crazy.

kris65

Reply #8:

Muscle and Strength has a deal going on now, buy 1 Condense get Dpol for FREE

Reply #9:

Reputation: +1977
Thats a great deal and a sick stack. Just have to watch the Nitrate intake if you have issues with that sort of thing.

Reply #10:

Reputation: +133
This review made me wanna put a line of Condense as my Facebook profile pic. Good job. How does this stack up against the jacked micro, if you've tried it

Reply #11:

Reputation: +1977
Just recieved Micro yesterday. I will be sure to let you know.

Reply #12:

Reply #13:

Reviews: 11
Reputation: +520
Great review and log Reinger!

I'm really enjoying this stuff, Condense is legit. I think Jack3d micro and condense are my favorite pre's

October 15, 2013

AlphandOmega

Age: 21

October 15, 2013
All Pumps, No Kicks.

I waited I don’t know how long to try this product since it was originally announced. But I just recently finished my first tub and I was sadly pretty disappointed.

Content: 8/10
I am not going to go over everything in great detail as most of the ERs have already done a very thorough job breaking it down. But just for a quick recap, this is what each scoop of Condense provides: 230 mg of Electrolytes to maintain/enhance cell hydration levels. 2.5 grams of Betaine Anhydrous, an anti-oxidant, which studies have shown to help increase power exerted and overall workout performance levels. 2 grams of Beta Alanine, a Non-Essential Amino Acid that aids in anaerobic endurance and exercise power output. As well as being linked to higher increases in lean muscle mass. 480 mg of Nitratene, a patent pending nitrate blend used to increase nitric oxide production, thus providing better pumps. And last but not least, 200 mg of Caffeine to increase overall energy, focus, and alertness.

Overall, most of these ingredients are pretty common in most solid pre-workout blends. With nitrate formulas being used more and more by the day. So nothing extraordinary, but I have to give props to Purus Labs for not using a prop blend.

Dosing/Mixability: 7/10
On the tub, Purus recommends taking 1 scoop 10 minutes before working out. I lift first thing in the morning 4 times a week. So as soon as I got out of bed, I would get dressed and take a serving of Condense then drive 3-5 minutes to the gym. Once I had established my tolerance, I upped the dosage to 2 scoops for the remainder of the tub.

In 4-6 ounces of water, Condense does a better job of mixing thoroughly then some pre-workouts. But even with stirring with a spoon for several seconds, it always left a little pool of wet powder at the bottom of the glass that I had to swallow/chew through.

Overall Effectiveness: 5.5/10
Energy/Alertness-3/10
I come in over 200 lbs. and would consider myself pretty stimulant tolerant. This was however the first stimulant containing pre-workout that I had taken in about six months so I expected to get a pretty good jolt out of it. At one scoop, I barely felt anything and was yawning the whole time while I was lifting. At two scoops, same deal, except I felt a little bit alert and wasn’t yawning as much. I understand that Condense does not contain any hardcore stimulants, but at 400 mg of caffeine from 2 scoops, I was expecting a little more kick.

Pumps/Endurance/Vascularity-8/10
This is the highlight of the product. At one scoop, the pumps were good but didn’t really take full effect till after I was about a ¼ through my workout. At two scoops, the pumps were even better and starting kicking in during my beginning sets. The pumps were definitely nowhere near the ones I get from D-pol, but were still probably some of the best I have ever gotten out of a pre-workout formula.
My endurance levels definitely increased while running Condense. But with 2 scoops providing 4 grams of Beta-Alanine, this should be a given. In general, my vascularity increased though for whatever reasons, seemed to remain inconsistent week to week.

Taste: N/A
I don’t rate the taste for pre-workouts as I only have to taste it for about for 5 seconds. I just care about if they simply work or not. But as compared to other pre-workouts I’ve taken, Condense is definitively one of the best tasting ones. I had the “Crisp Apple” flavor and it has a nice mellow and tangy taste to it. It is also dye free, which is another plus in my book.

Condense will run you about 25-32$ online depending where you order it from. This is pretty average pricing for most pre-workouts. Depending on how you dose it, a tub of Condense will give you between 20-40 servings. Which is not too bad at all, but based on my own personal experience, I would consider Condense simply more of a pump enhancer then an actual pre-workout. So it only lives up to about half of what’s meant to do.

Overall: 6.4/10
Overall, Condense simply did not live up to what I expect out of a pre-workout. It was more of a pump enhancer then an actual pre-workout. So I cannot recommend it to anyone looking for a new or solid pre-workout formula to try out. Purus Labs is still one of my favorite companies and I plan on trying out Muscle Marinade sometime hopefully in the near future. Which I probably should have done in the first place.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Dye Free
  • Slight Increase In Vascularity.
  • Great Pumps
  • Great Flavor
  • Better Endurance
  • Low Energy
  • Needs Different Stims

Joined: 1/2011
Reputation: +2485
about what I got out of it too. Mostly the pumps and tingles.

May 8, 2013

trooper

Age: 32

May 8, 2013
Top three of my PWO supplements!

What grabbed my attention first was its label. There are no outrageous claims on the bottle, just the supplemental facts, directions for use and the warnings, I like that! I've had great results from this product as my pre-workout supplement and I have purchased and used four bottles so far. The bottle itself is your typical small round container which fits easily in your gymbag, glove compartment of your car or your kitchen cabinet. The first container I bought came with a small scooper that couldn't reach to the bottom so I ended up using a spoon. The latest bottles I have purchased have come with scooper with an extended length which is a great idea.

Price 10/10
I purchase Condense from Lockout Supplements for $24.95. I use 2 scoops which equals to 20 servings. Due to my work I can only make it to the gym three times a week. I usually average a month and half of workouts per bottle and I have no complaints about that.

Taste 10/10
I love the taste of Crisp Apple Condense. It smells like sour apple candy and when it first hits your lips you might pucker a little. It almost taste like some fruity alcoholic drink you get on vacation at an island minus the alcohol. I have never experienced an upset stomach or bad aftertaste, dry mouth, bloating or any side effect. The sour taste might not be that great for people who work out early in the morning.

Mixability 10/10
When you look at the product inside the container it resembles salt. White, fine and gritty. When you shake it up in a bottle it mixes well with no lumps or foam. I usually drink Condense on my way to the gym so shaking it inside a bottle while driving is not a problem. The top of your shaker bottle doesn't want to explode, however you might get a little bit of settling at the bottom if you don't drink it right away, but it's very little.

Effectivness 10/10
For me, I eat breakfast approx 45 minutes to 1 hour before working out. I use Condense about 15 prior to my workout (on my drive to the gym) I warm up for 5-10 minutes and soon as I start with my first set of (chest, arms, etc) the tingle kicks in. My workout last about 35-45 minutes and I have that Condense "effect" the entire time. For me, I have an extra boost of energy and increased focus. I have even finished a workout and had great 20 minute running sessions on the treadmill. I think its a timing issue for most people with their preworkout supplements. I've taken condense and then had a conversation with a friend at the gym and ran out of steam near the end of my workout, but after many uses I've got the timing down to my specific drive time to the gym, warmup, and workout time frame. I've noticed great pumps with my arms to the point I can't fully extend my arms while doing tricep rope extensions. I have also noticed increase vascularity in my forearms.

Overall 10/10
I have recommended this product to many friends who have said they loved it. What I like best about this product is that the effect last about 35-45 minutes for me which is the length of my workouts. I don't feel a crash afterward or any stomach upset. I workout around seven am so I have never experienced this product taking it at night and then trying to sleep. If you're expecting to take Condense and feel the strength of a gorilla and knock out two hours at the gym I would suggest that this product is not for you. I simply tell people that for me I get good focus, a clean feeling of energy with no crash. Peoples opinions will vary and no two people are alike but I am very happy with this product and that is why I would place it in my top 3 of PWO supplements.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Slight Increase In Vascularity.
  • Value Dependent Upon Servings
February 25, 2013

kaaihue1

Reviews: 2

Age: 42

February 25, 2013
 I really wanted to put in my review on Condense after reading a lot of negatives on this product. I have been trying to find a pre workout product that did not contain creatine or DAA for my off cycle.

Ingredients you'll have to read other peoples reviews on all that stuff what was important to me was no creatine and no DAA.

Effectiveness: Now for me I weigh around 240 so I would take 1 1/2 scoops about 10 min before a workout. Condense gave me great focus and stamina to last through my hour and a half workout. I really have not seen any size or loss in weight that I'm pushing up. I work a night shift so I really count on having that boost to get me motivated to workout and I feel Condense provided me with that.

Taste: Melonberry cooler wasn't bad I had no problem drinking it down. It's not the best tasting,but its a lot better than anadrolic GT.
Pros:
Cons:
  • No Creatine Or Daa
  • Slight Increase In Vascularity.
    February 24, 2013

littleguns

Age: 40

February 24, 2013
      I have been a lurker among SR and figured it was time to add to the masses.
    I was fortunate enough to be chosen to test the product on another board and wanted to share my reviews here.
    I have tried numerous PWO and there are only 2 I like. Formutech Volatile and now Purus Condense. 1-MR, not bad, Hemo Rage ok, Supp-D, crap
    PRO’s
    Probably the best I have ever tasted. Similar to a sour apple Jolly Rancher
    Mixability – Can’t really comment as I always mix everything in a bottle with a wire ball. Never any clumps.
    1 scoop is enough for me as 2 over-caffeinates.
    Skin tearing pumps?? No then again I have never tried a PWO that does.
    Energy – very clean and smooth
    Crash – no
    Another positive I like about this is no creatine. Unfortunately my muscles tend to be very saturated and when I use products with Creatine I experience bad bloating and am on the throne a lot.

I highly recommend this product again based on energy and taste.

December 4, 2012

phoenixx

Age: 31

December 4, 2012
       Love Purus, kinda like Condense. I like the idea of a minimalist preworkout a lot but I think Condense needs a little more work before they perfect it. I'm writing this hoping they pick up on that and perfect it.

Effectiveness- 6

Vasodilation is moderate, but it took me several doses of Condense to really feel it.

Energy is moderate as well but a pretty clean lift and finish which is nice. Not as much of a boost as Muscle Marinade, and not as much energy. Kicked in within about 10 minutes and plateaued around 20. Endurance increase is moderate at best.

Taste- 5

I had Crisp Apple. It tasted a little like salt water. I expected a better flavor since there are fewer ingredients to cover than a traditional preworkout. I had a sample of the Melonberry Cooler and preferred that one, for what it's worth.

Value- 6

I believe Purus is on the level with their research and have no problem paying an extra dollar or two for something that I know is top notch. However with the less than superb performance of the supplement the value is not entirely there.

Overall-6

Side effects were minimal, other than feeling slightly nauseated the first two times that I took it. I think that this product is not a bad one to use for a month or two if you're trying to give your body a break from complex preworkouts that have creatine etc.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Slight Increase In Vascularity.
      • Takes A Few Uses To Fully Work
      • No Strength

Have you used Condense? Submit your own Review!