GunPOWDER

By: Pure Performance Nutrition

November 4, 2010

this is a great pre and post workout drink, gives you great focus and enrgy to workout. the GNC guy recomended it to me and my brother, ive tried Jacked3d before and this stuff is way better. its a bit expensive but well worth it. i cant wait till bb.com starts carrying this product, they will for sure give a better price.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Focus
  • Good Ingredients

• Alex182
      November 4, 2010

Agreed, i tried this last year and loved it, has a good ingredient profile too! Price was too high and the taste seemed to get proggressivelt worse for me hah

November 1, 2012

Gunpowder is only the second workout supplement I've taken, Jack3d was my first which I used for two separate periods of about 3 months. Besides Jack3d I have taken and still am taking arginine and citrulline supplements. I've done a lot of research on workout supplements and I try to stay away from of the more "mainstream" supplements because of their sketchy ingredients. Jack3d was guilty of this which is why I stopped taking it. I've tried a new approach lately (last 5 months), that is more about taking arginine and other amino acids with a strict diet plan. But I started looking for something that didn't have all the obscure ingredients in it like Jack3d, contained arginine and glutamine, and had a little bit of creatine and caffeine to help with pumping me up for a hard workout. Gunpowder seems to be a pretty lose to perfect match for what I wanted. I've been using it for 3 weeks and it's been great. It gives you the focus an energy for a workout on those days where you just feel lethargic.

Taste is pretty bad I think especially since 1 scoop is so big. I usually just chug it as fast as possible or mix it with something else like Gatorade or a non-caffeinated vitamin water.

The type of workouts I use it for include Olympic Lifts, plyometrics, aerobic workouts, and explosiveness building excercises that are essential for baseball players.

It doesn't give me the "shakes" like Jack3d did when I took a full dose (3 scoops). That's probably because once again it doesn't contain ingredients like dimethylamylamine which is in Jack3d.

Price is ridiculous. There's no reason it should be that high.

This is overall a great product. You have to have a good diet though when on a workout routine. That is more important than anything else.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Simple Ingredients List
    • Good Ingredients
        January 26, 2011

This definitely beats out the N.O-Xplode. I liked the focus and energy i got from this product, but i did not like the little side effects it came with, such as stomach sickness, and caffeine shakes (only sometimes). Its worth getting but they really should lower the price.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Ingredients

• kineticpen
          January 26, 2011

Everything beats out N.O. Explode! That stuff is poison.

P.S. You shouldn't do too many reviews in a row. Im a nice guy but others might see that as hogging the airways.
        • valentinoxavier
          (0)
          January 26, 2011

Sorry about that, new to this site.

January 12, 2010

I got this supplement for free when it first came out, it normally costs $70. It is a pre workout product that contains creatine, arginine, beta-alanine and glutamine. It is very effective in enhancing strength, building muscle and intensifying workouts, you get an intense pump from this and do not build up tolerance to it either. When i took it i would sometimes get tunnel vision and would be bouncing off the walls until i was able to lift. It is an amazing product, but the taste is not very good and it is WAYYY WAYY over priced..if they lowered it to around $40 I would deffinantly buy it again! but if you get a good deal on it, i would recomen giving it a try!!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Ingredients
        • Don't Build Tolerance To It
          Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.