GunPOWDER Reviews

By: Pure Performance Nutrition

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

GunPOWDER is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Pure Performance Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

hsbballplyr
  November 1, 2012

Gunpowder is only the second workout supplement I've taken, Jack3d was my first which I used for two separate periods of about 3 months. Besides Jack3d I have taken and still am taking arginine and citrulline supplements. I've done a lot of research on workout supplements and I try to stay away from of the more "mainstream" supplements because of their sketchy ingredients. Jack3d was guilty of this which is why I stopped taking it. I've tried a new approach lately (last 5 months), that is more about taking arginine and other amino acids with a strict diet plan. But I started looking for something that didn't have all the obscure ingredients in it like Jack3d, contained arginine and glutamine, and had a little bit of creatine and caffeine to help with pumping me up for a hard workout. Gunpowder seems to be a pretty lose to perfect match for what I wanted. I've been using it for 3 weeks and it's been great. It gives you the focus an energy for a workout on those days where you just feel lethargic.

Taste is pretty bad I think especially since 1 scoop is so big. I usually just chug it as fast as possible or mix it with something else like Gatorade or a non-caffeinated vitamin water.

The type of workouts I use it for include Olympic Lifts, plyometrics, aerobic workouts, and explosiveness building excercises that are essential for baseball players.

It doesn't give me the "shakes" like Jack3d did when I took a full dose (3 scoops). That's probably because once again it doesn't contain ingredients like dimethylamylamine which is in Jack3d.

Price is ridiculous. There's no reason it should be that high.

This is overall a great product. You have to have a good diet though when on a workout routine. That is more important than anything else.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Ingredients
  • Great Focus