CON-CRET Creatine HCl Reviews

By: ProMera Sports

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #1 of 3 (better than 100%) in
Creatine > Ethyl Ester

CON-CRET Creatine HCl is a Creatine Ethyl Ester Product manufactured by ProMera Sports. It is an ethyl ester derivative of creatine. It has been proposed to be more effective than the traditional version, though this hasn't been proven. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Creatine bonded to hydrochloric acid which possesses all the same benefits as creatine monohydrate without the bloating and GI distress.

August 2, 2013

Creatine has also been an odd supplement for my body. Back in the day, it was a staple in my supplement regiment and helped me get huge gains (I use to use a basic MetRx Creatine Monohydrate and also Cell Tech). Over the past few years, I have been unable to find a creatine that worked for me, or even one that I could notice a difference in my workout or body with. To be honest, most just make me bloated and nauseous. While lifting at my dungeon gym a few months back, one of the older dudes was telling me about Con Cret and how it was helping him get through workouts, so i figured why not try it. He also recommended stacking it with a pre-workout so I did just that, stacking it with NO Xplode. When talking to some guys at work I found out that they were also taking it with positive results. I am now on my third tub and these are my results:

Taste/Mix: 9/10: I purchased the unflavored and mixed it with my preworkout, so there is no taste. You do have to mix it well or it will clump up.

Dosage: 10/10: It is quite possibly the smallest scoop I've ever seen. Not a problem here.

Effectiveness: 7/10: I did notice a few positive things about Con Cret, but it wasn't necessarily this hyped miracle creatine all my buddies spoke about. I felt that it helped put water in my muscles from day one and helped with intra-workout fatigue. I recall sitting on the bench thinking, "holy foo, my muscles are swole", lol. With an overall supplement regiment I believe it can assist with recovery. I would recommend this as part of a bigger regiment. I can't say whether it increased my energy or strength. I use pre-workouts and BCAA's intra-workout so I can't distinguish if the Con Cret is helping on top of those products. One thing I love about it is that there is no bloating like I got with creatines in the past.

Value: 6/10: Its a fairly high price for what you are getting. You are suppose to add one scoop per hundred pounds of body weight. I'm 205 so I use two scoops. The tub allows me for 24 workouts worth. If you are a bigger dude you are going to go through this quick. I also only use it on workout days so it tends to last me around five weeks. The price is a little above $30 depending on where you look.

Overall: 8/10: Not necessarily the super hyped creatine all my friends spoke of, but definitely worth a shot.
  • No Bloating
  April 10, 2013

Promera claims they have the Future of Creatine in their most popular supplement: Con-Cret. They boast Superior Solubility, Superior Plasma Uptake, No Loading or Cycling, No Cramping, Bloating, Water Retention or GI Issues. All this along with the promotion of Strength, Endurance, and Muscle Recovery. I'll give you guys my take on it and how it compared to Cellucor's Cor-Performance Creatine.

Dosing- 10/10
Dosing is based on body weight, 1 scoop per 100lbs. Each scoop contains 750mg of Creatine HCl and depending if you get unflavored or flavored, 237mg of flavoring. Take on off days and preworkout. I enjoyed the body weight-based dosing, I took 1 heaping scoop (approximately 1.3 scoops)preworkout and off days, drinking 1 gallon or more every day.

Effectiveness- 8/10
Their supplement supported their claims well.
I originally started using it post-workout, but then realized it was aimed to be used preworkout. As soon as I switched from post to pre, I noticed a reasonable amount of extra endurance during sets; 1 or 2 extra reps or I felt like my muscles recovered quicker between sets. I didn't notice as good of strength increase as I did with creapure however. I feel like Con-Cret helped, but I just responded better to creatine mono.

I didn't load or cycle for around 18 weeks of use, although it seems like there isn't any need to cycle creatine in general. The only other creatine I've used so far (aside from pwos) is Cellucor's creapure which I didn't load either.

I never had any cramping, bloating, GI issues, or water retention. I actually noticed a decrease in water retention when I switched from Cellucor's creatine to Con-cret and I wasn't even holding that much water with Cellucor's product.

Taste- 7/10
I tried the Unflavored and the Snakefruit flavor. The unflavored was quite bitter but could be masked well in a preworkout. The Snakefruit however, was interesting to say the least. A bit spicy, tangy, sweet. I couldn't tell if it was pleasant or unpleasant.

Mixability- 9/10
They were spot on with their claims of Superior Solubility. When you drop it in your shaker, it usually just disappears. There was one instance when I had to mix it in a glass with a spoon and it didn't mix so well, resulting in a 9 instead of 10.

Value- 6/10
You can usually find Con-cret for around $30-$35 for a 48 serving container. At this price, it would run $0.62-$1.45 depending on how you dose it and how much you paid. More than likely, you will use closer to 2 scoops running the price closer to $1.45, although this is on sale/bogo a lot at

Overall- 7/10
Con-cret is pretty good, but there's a lot cheaper creatines on the market. It seems like it's a hit-or-miss supplement in terms of people's response to it, but I had a pretty positive experience with it so I would recommend giving it a shot. I feel like due to having no/minimal water retention, it would be effective on a cut, but if you're bulking, I would just stick to some Creapure.
  • Extra Endurance
  • Cute Scooper
  • Body Weight Dosing
  • Low Water Retention
  • Hit-or-miss Results
  April 9, 2013

Con-Cret is without a doubt the best creatine i have used. The one thing i love about it is not having to load it over a while, especially if im too busy to go to the gym regularly.

Taste: 7/10
So far i've used Blue Raspberry and Snake Fruit. I would recommend the Blue Raspberry flavour over Snake Fruit. Mixability wise; its great, completely soluble in water making it easy to drink. That being said the flavour is still pretty crappy.

Compared to other creatines i have used, this is by far the best creatine i have used. The benefit of not having to load is also a positive aspect. The first time i used this i upped my weight on the preacher machine by two plates and did twice the amount of reps as i normally do. I find i dont get exhausted over time either using this.

Value: 6.5/10
Here in Australia everything is ridiculously expensive, so if your in America your in luck! The price here is a bit outrageous but it doesnt stop me buying it.

Overall i would recommend this product, even if it is a bit overpriced. The endurance i get from it is astronomical compared to other creatine products ive used. Buy this if you want to be huge everyone!
  • No Legit Science Behind The Product
  October 13, 2012

Con-Crete is a popular variation of creatine monohydrate. I've had it as an ingredient in a few pre workouts and I wanted to try it as a change up from regular CreaPure for my DTP routine.

CreaPure works the best for me, and you can't beat the value. But I honestly don't know how to feel about the Con-Crete because even though I did see some positives, it's crazy expensive for very few servings.

Dosing/Profile: 9/10

The only ingredient in Con-Crete is Creatine HCl in a dose of 750 mg per scoop. The hydrochloride molecule that is bonded to the creatine is supposed to enhance absorbtion, increase ATP production, and allow you to avoid a lot of common side effects that come with creatine supplementation like water weight gain and cramps (even though I've never experienced any side effects from any creatine before).

Since the creatine is "concentrated", less of it is needed to be effective. Promera advertises that "1/4 teaspoons is equivalent to 5-10 grams of regular creatine". I don't know how I could verify this or not but I really like the premise of micro-dosing. It makes this creatine versatile and convenient to take. Just two tiny scoops preworkout and you're good to go, no loading necessary and no large amount of powder to have to gulp down.

Con-Crete loses major points here. I spent $29 for a 48 serving tub on NutraPlanet and that's the standard price on the web and in stores. Since I used 2 scoops a day, it only lasted 24 days. I like that you don't need to do major doses for a loading phase because that always kills the value of a creatine supplement, but c'mon man! $1.21 a day for creatine! SIKE, THAT'S THE WRONG NUMBER! It better lift the weights FOR ME if you expect me to shell out that much every 3 weeks.

CreaPure gave me the same (probably better) results for a fraction of the price. At NutraPlanet I came across a 60 serving tub of Optimum CreaPure for $9. Even if you double up the dose to make it 10 grams, that's still a full month's worth for $.30 a day. Unreal...

Taste/Mixability: 7.5/10

A lot of people complain about the tartness of how the unflavored version tastes, but I found no problems with it. It's a little bitter, but I think creatine ethyl ester tasted way more bitter than this. I'd mix it by itself, with my Alphamine dose in the morning, or with my Condense preworkout and you couldn't taste it much at all, and it just had a dull, sour taste that was a little chemical-y. If you don't like sour tasting things, I understand, but this is nothing to worry about. I'm sure the flavored versions taste better but I wanted to avoid the fillers and flavoring.

The only thing I noticed about the mixability was that the taste got stronger near the bottom of the drink, so the creatine was settling right away. But as long as you can get over the little shock from that concentrated tartness at the bottom of your shaker cup, you're good to go. Mixes clear and leaves no particles or floaties in the cup even if you use a spoon to mix it.

Here's where I'm kind of fuzzy on Con-Crete. For the price I paid, I was expecting it to exceed the effects of a normal creatine. That might've skewed my perception of how this worked.

Since I was running the DTP program, I was really relying on my stamina and endurance to get through the workouts. I did manage to add weight to every exercise in the program over the course of 4 weeks, so Con-Crete did contribute to a little more strength over those long 40 and 50 rep sets.

I don't think this contributed to any kind of pump I had while working out, but since creatine draws water into your cells my muscles did look a little fuller while on Con-Crete. I never experienced any bloating, cramps, or excessive water retention while using this, but like I said I never have with other creatines either.

I did notice I recovered really well day to day while taking this, but I think the cardio/rest day in between each workout helped with that, as well as the other supplements I was stacking with this. But Promera does say that Con-Crete helps with recovery, and I never felt any DOMs or muscle soreness the day after a workout.

But for the people who've reviewed this before me saying the pros are "steroid-like results" and "feeling unbreakable", you might want to check if you were actually taking this and not something else... this is just a creatine supplement, let's calm down.

I feel bad giving this such an average rating because it's a quality product that has its fair share of positive effects. 100% purity, enhanced potency at low doses, increased creatine uptake because of its bond to the hydrochloride molecule...

I think all of Promera's claims of how much better this works than regular creatine are based off of comparisons to regular creatine monohydrate, not CreaPure. I recently switched back over to a CreaPure based creatine supplement and I see no noticeable differences in terms of strength or endurance while lifting. You can get the same results from a creatine that's ¼ the price of Con-Crete, so I don't care if Con-Crete is ¼ the dose of regular creatine. That's cute and all, but doesn't really matter.

If you need a little changeup and want to see if Con-Crete works better for you, I'd say go for it. A lot of people who make the jump over from monohydrate to Con-Crete never go back, so this might work well if you don't respond to mono. But since I know the CreaPure form of monohydrate works really well for me, I wouldn't get this again, and I wouldn't waste your money if you're in the same boat as me.

Next creatine to try for me is Green Magnitude, but I'll be sticking with CreaPure for now and won't be going back to Con-Crete.
  August 14, 2012

Just about halfway through my second tub of this and finally decided to give this a review. Although I usually just stick to CreaPure, I decided to venture off into the world of creatine, as I get really bored using the same product constantly. I see all these new attempts at introducing new creatines to the market as if companies were trying to reinvent the wheel. Then again, that doesn't take away from the effectiveness of these new forms of creatine. Anyway, let me get this started.

A very small scoop. Kind of surprising actually. Just looking at the bottle it's in you would think that there was barely anything in there. But one scoop delivers 750mg of Creatine HCL. 1 serving(scoop) per 100lbs of bodyweight. I'm currently at 193lbs so I just take 2 servings pre/post. On off days, I would take 2 scoops in the morning to saturation.

I used the "raw" flavor twice. I can see some people being turned off by it, but as sick as it may seem, I actually enjoyed this flavor. I wouldn't be able to drink it all day, but for some reason the chemical like taste was just good. As a warning, I would just say go for a different flavor, because I am sure most of you guys won't like this taste. Then again, mixing it with a preworkout would be a great way to mask the raw flavor if it was a problem for you.

With old school mono, I would usually have to wait for it to dissolve before I drank it. That would usually take a few minutes. This stuff dissolves immediately. After one shake, it would be like there was nothing in there. The only thing left would be that weird taste.

At first, I didn't see any results from this because I was just using it post workout. Then after finally caving in and taking it as a pre-training creatine, I found it to be very effective. My strength increased noticeably. Endurance was also up, I could just tell that I would fatigue sooner when I forgot to take it. I wouldn't say that I actually recovered better from it, but I usually rate my recovery by other factors(diet/water intake/BCAAs). Another good thing is that there is no water retention with this, something I can't say about Mono(GNC brand mono, no problem with CreaPure)

To be honest, this was a killer. GNC has AMP Creatine 189, which is the exact same ingredient, but is a lot cheaper per serving(You know something is expensive when you can find the same ingredient at GNC cheaper). Even online it is rather expensive for the amount of servings you are getting. One bottle comes with 48 servings, I take 4 on training day, and 2 on off days. You do the math.

I'll be generous and overlook the value a bit. I really like this creatine and will continue to by it from time to time. I would say give this a shot if it's on sale because it works. Def. give it a shot if you like to experiment.

Or if you want to be "that guy", who is very boring and refuses to use anything else but CreaPure, you are fine going that route, but just to let you know, you are missing out!
  • Recovery
  • Cost Is The Only Downside To This Supp.
  June 4, 2012

Just finished off my first bottle of ProMera's Con-Cret. It took me a while to finish, because I stopped using it for a while, and this is really where the insight comes from. I have stacked it with ON Pro Complex (both normal and gainer) along with ASN HP-100.

Doseage is micro, as it says. It's nice and handy; the tubs are quite small so it's a nice change from having big, bulky tubs laying around.

This is my second creatine product. The first was GNC's Mono.

As I mentioned above, I stopped taking it for a little while. I felt like I wasn't really getting much out of it. Anyway, I started using it consistently again about a month later and that's when I really saw the benefits that this product produces.

My strength increased quite a bit. I was kind of stuck for a while, not really going up or down in my weights training. As a result, I wasn't really gaining a lot of muscle either. When I started back up on this though, things really improved. My bench improved dramatically and I was hitting harder for longer, in all facets of my training.

Best of all - no bloating.

Blue Raspberry is a bit rough for mine. It is extremely sour/tangy. It took me a while to get used of, and even at the end, I wouldn't say I loved throwing it down. Not the worst, but I imagine the other flavours would be better.

No complaints. Mixes perfectly, as you would hope/expect with creatine.

Value wise, there are cheaper options ... but I still think it's OK if you look around, because you can get some solid deals. Right now, I just re-ordered 2 more smaller tubs of it because one of them came free on I ordered Pineapple this time, though.

I highly recommend trying this product. It enabled me to go harder for longer, increase my weight training which then ultimately led to strength and muscle gains. I'm a big fan of this product. I really want to try Green Mag, but I couldn't resist going with this again because it produced solid ass results.
  • Taste Is A Little Harsh
  May 1, 2012

Just finished Con-cret. I was stacking with it NLA Performance 'SUPP-D', Optimum Whey, and Optimum BCAA.

Con-Cret's supplement facts:
-Creatine HCI 750 mg

Value: $17.99 for 24 servings (scoops) but the product recommends 1 scoop per 100 lbs of bodyweight so if you weight 200 lbs this comes down to $1.50 a day which is extremely expensive for creatine.

Taste: 8/10
The taste of unflavored is extremely bitter/sour almost like a warhead. I don't mind this because it gets me hyped up drinking it.

Concret is just like Kre-Alk in the sense that they promote no bloating. While taking both of these products I still put on substantial water weight so I don't buy into any of this marketing.

Concret is effective for sure. I put on some reasonable strength gains and did have less bloating and more strength gains than while taking Mono. Personally Kre-Alk is the best creatine for me but everyone is different. While taking Con cret I also noticed enhanced muscle strength and endurance while lifting. I like to take 1 scoop of concret pre workout and have one scoop in a shaker bottle mixed with juice during my workout for maximal energy

All in all, Con-cret gets two thumbs up in my book. It is far too expensive but I recommend everyone try it. Creatine works different for everyone and I have a buddy that swears by the this product and makes insane gains while taking it.

Fair and Honest,
      April 3, 2012

Whats up everyone? This review I have been prolonging for quite some time because in all honesty, I just don't like giving negative reviews. Today I will be reviewing ProMera's Health Con-Cret.

So quick backround; I love creatine, have tried basically every designer creatine and creatine blend on the market. So my experience in the creatine department is not lacking by any means what so ever. With that said lets jump straight into the review.

Taste – 9/10

So taste is never a make or break item when determining whether a supplement is of good quality or not. If something tastes bad but is quite effective (ex. Creatine Ethyl Ester) you suck it up and just endure the taste. This is not an issue you will have with this product. I had the unflavored and the Lemon Lime. The unflavored was really unflavored.

Usually when a creatine is unflavored it is accompanied by a slight bitter taste, but not this. It might actually be due to the fact that the doses are so small that there really is no room to taste anything at all. The Lemon Lime flavor was pretty darn good. Not too strong/overpowering or sweet, again I have a feeling this is because of how small the doses really are.

Mixability – 9/10

So the mixability was excellent here. The doses are so small that there really isn't that much powder to mix in the water at all. This is prob one of the best mixing creatines I have used.

Content – 10/10

So I really liked the content here. This product consists entirely of creatine hydrochloride. Basically its creatine bonded to HCL; HCL acts as the form of transportation for the creatine in your system. The makers say that "Con – Cret contains no sugars, no fillers, no binders, no buffing agents, no additives, no stimulants, and no banned or illegal substances." Whats also comforting to know is that Con –Cret is is made in the USA and complies with c(GMP) standards.

Effectiveness – 6/10

So this is what really irks me; on paper this is a great supplement, I just didn't respond to it at all. I didn't notice any strength gains or anything similar to what I experience with other creatines. So the first time I ran this was when it first came out, I was taking it with a bunch of other stuff and I didn't notice anything. I ran it a month before I started my Licogenix/OxyECA log and still had noticeable changes.

Recovery – 0/10
    Recovery wise I didn't notice much either. With other creatine products I notice a slight change in my recovery, with this I noticed nothing substantial.

Side Effects – NA
    So I had no issues, no bloating or water retention which was a plus.

Overall – 6/10
    Overall I really really wanted to like this product. It mixes well, the flavor is good; not too strong or overpowering and the value isn't that bad either. On its 34 bucks for 48 servings, and they have a coupon where you can get 20% off of that price. There are no sides, no bloating or water retention, but for me there was also no results. This is a shame, but everyone responds to supplements differently and I guess this is one of those products that is just not effective for me. I tried GNC's creatine 189 before in the past which is creatine HCL and that too didn't do much for me.
    Overall I think I would recommend this to someone to try, as I have several friends who did like it. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for anyone else. I hate it when people don't like a product and automatically assume its trash and wont work for anyone. This is a fairly popular creatine supplement which has worked for others so clearly some people are getting something out of the HCL bonded creatine. In my case though I think I will just stick to Green Mag and good ol' reliable micronized creatine monohydrate.
    • Mixes Very Well
    • No Results
      March 29, 2012

This is the second creatine product i have taken. By far I saw the best results out of this product. I took two pills 30-45 mins before i worked out. Now I'm not a big fan of dosing creatine before a workout but, I did what the directions told me, and I noticed some increase in my endurance in the weight room. Which is a big plus because of the workout routine I was doing. Con-cret gave me amazing strength gains. While on my cycle of con-cret, I started a new lifting program called German Volume training(GVT), which is basically 10 sets of 10 reps for a compound lift with 60-90 sec rest in-between sets. Every week when I went to the weight room my weights on all my compound lifts, went up either 5lbs or 10lbs and some rests would be shorter than others. For example I would usally rest for 40 secs on the first 4-5 sets, than on the 6-8 sets i would rest for about 70 secs and on the 9-10 set i would rest for 90 secs. For about 4 weeks i recieved these results, then sadly i ran out of con-cret.
    Also, while on con-cret i noticed an increase in recovery. It was not a big difference in recovery but, it was noticeable. Like after a hard leg workout I would not have the feeling in my legs, like im about to collapse or my legs feeling like jelly. Another thing is that I would only take con-cret on training days. On off days I took scit-fit -kre alkalyn. I love con-cret. I recommend this product to anyone who wants to gain strength. Im going to try a full three month cycle when i have the money in the future.
    • Makes Intensity Go Through The Roof
    • Cost Is The Only Downside To This Supp.
      February 29, 2012

This is a review from around september or something(My Reviews)

Write a detailed and thorough review here. Please, no swearing! DO NOT POST QUESTIONS!Review: So I just want to start with the basics. On this bottle, it litterally says "this product is not a steroid" or something like that. Lets just say to me this is a little mini steroid. Better than any other creatine I've used for sure. Like Kre alkalyn,creatine monohydrate,and creatine eythl ester. Just blew them out of the park like nothing.

I was graciously granted a chance of logging this great product. I really thought it was a hoax because it had way to much hype for me. It definitly was on micro dosing. I never really thought micro dosing was any good because of Jack3d. Jack3d didnt do squat but let me tell you that Con-Cret proved me wrong.

I also ran this product for around approximately 12 days with my partner CaliBakes. Those 12 days were a complete blast! Im telling you in my opinion. Best supplement in the world.I'm very saddened to say "I ran out of Con-Cret" :(

Atleast I got to try it :)

Lets just say I broke a couple of PR's(Past Records)

Time to get started below ¥\/¥

Taste: Ohh sweet baby! This stuff tasted like medicine the first time I took it with warm water. I've truely never tasted blue raspberrys nor ate them, so it was kind of a unique experience. Dont get me wrong but the first time just plain tasted weird. After the first two times you drink it, you will fall in love with this gorgeous drink yummmm. It starts to taste a bit tangly and sweet at the same time. It's pretty much like berry juice. This product is for sweet tooths and who ever want to bring up there game in the gym. I am not usually a sweet tooth, since I try to stay away from sugary stuff. I started to eat healthier and litterally cutted out all sugars. Towards the end of this tiny tub, it starts to taste mightly fine in your stomach and mouth. A glass of joy in your hands. Anyways the taste gets to you like an addiction. Sort of in the sense of a dog and a bone. On off days I took two scoops of Con-Cret with 16 ounces of cold refreshing water. I sipped on this drink while I at one of my meals. The flavor is not even watered out. On training days I took four scoops of Con-Cret with 20 ounces of water. Tasted even better. For the overall taste rating of this product I would give it a 9.9/10 but it doesnt have that option, so I rounded to the closest whole number 10/10

Strength/Endurance:Probably the best quality of this product. The 12 days I had this, were out standing days. I stared with 4 scoops until the last serving which had 5 scoops. The first day was pretty amazing my deadlifts sky rocketed by 25 pounds. Instead of doing 325lbs for 6 reps while struggleing I did 345lbs for 6 reps. Thats what I call insta strength. Throughout the little tub of Con-Cret, I broke a couple of PR's. Like the one I just said above^^^. In the middle of my tub I broke another PR. I was able to do 195lbs for 12 reps with stuggle. As for the bench PR a week before, it was 185lbs for 12 reps with the same amount of stuggle. Another PR was broken by me when I was squating 245lbs for 12 reps. I was doing 235 for 12 reps a couple of days earlier. This product was so amazing on strength and endurance. It helped me push through every repetition from the beginning to the last rep. This is a mini steroid to me(its not a steroid). I broke around 3 PR's just in a short time of 12 days! Thats amazing. I dont think any other product that is safe can do what Con-Cret did. I give this a super duper 10/10 for strength and endurance. To bad there isnt 15/10 -_-, but yea this definitly deserves a 10/10 for stength and endurance.

Value: Since I got this product for free, I would give this product a 10/10 for value :D . The first time I saw this product on, I didnt think it was worth the price because of the size. It proved me wrong again damnit! Even if I bought it with my money. I would have given the value a 8/10. Thats just how good it is.

Overall: Wow... Just totally blew my mind of how much this helped me. I will be buying this product in the near future. This product is a micronized bomb. Small but deadly. 10/10 on everything(Except Value)!

I would really like to thank the repersenative that chose me(not saying who),my logging partn
    er/online friend CaliBakes, and everyone who supported us! Thank you! Sincerely Johnny
    • Dramatic Strength Increase
    • Banned Substance Free

Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.