Con-Cret

By ProMera Health
Con-Cret ProMera Health
8.1/10
(Weighted average based on 64 Reviews)

Ranks #2 of 12 (better than 91%)
in Creatine > Monohydrate
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

Meuth

CON-CRÄ’T is the only creatine on the market that is dosed based on body weight

What the product claims:
What the product claims:
Con-Cret is supposed to have the most bio-available creatine. This should result in better endurance, quicker recovery, and increased strength. It is more soluble than mono due to its unique creatine HCI molecule. It claims to have no side effects like cramps, water retention, bloat, or diarrhea. One serving is equal to 5-10 grams of mono.
I took this during my time in Mississippi for my company. I took it at the same time I was taking C4. I had never used either product before and did some experimentation with the dosage of both to pinpoint the effects of each one.
Dosing 10/10
This was very easy to take. The container is so small you think that you won't get much out of it! Then you open it and see how small the scoop is. The serving is ¼ tsp per 100# BW. I would use 1 heaping scoop and found that to be very effective. I took this as part of my PWO.
Taste 9/10
Once again, I put my disclaimer in that if it works, the hardcore person doesn't care about taste. However; if it tastes good too......BONUS! I had the Blue Razz flavor and found it to be just right. It didn't make the shake too sweet, due to the fact the serving size is so small there's not a lotta room for fillers. In fact, once I was confident in how it affected my workouts, I started adding it to my C4 which was a very good taste! Plus the serving is so small, even if you don't like the taste, you can easily mask it in something else.
Effectiveness 8/10
Of course this is the IMPORTANT part. Did the product do what it claims? I will say that while I was taking this product, I had more endurance and good recovery. I'm always strength training so I can't say that my strength increased due to this product. During the first couple of weeks, I would not take the CC and just take the C4 before my workout. During those workouts, I could tell that my muscles would fatigue sooner. I never got overly sore while taking this product and went up 5# on all my major lifts each week.
Value 7/10
I got this for around $30 for 48 servings. Because I was using heaping scoops, I say I got about 40 servings out of the container. That is $.75 a serving which isn't too bad. You can get Green Mag for 50-60 cents a serving.
Overall 8/10
I could have gone 8 or 9 here but I'll go with 8. The value is decent, the taste is good, and the effectiveness is much better than mono for me. I would try this product again someday if I want to change my creatine. I personally like Green Mag better but would not hesitate to use this again if I came across a good sale. Quality product that delivers what I expected it to.

CON-CRÄ’T is the only creatine on the market that is dosed based on body weight (Micro-Dosing®) "” ¼ tsp or one capsule per 100 lbs body weight with NO-LOADING, NO CYCLING

Pros:
Cons:
  • Increased Muscle Endurance
  • Doses Are Small
  • Recovery
  • Banned Substance Free
  • Cost Is The Only Downside To This Supp.

Posted December 22, 2011
I swear I had the double spacing between paragraphs when I wrote it in word! I didn't check it after I pasted it! Oh well! I also have no idea where that "dosing" thing came from at the bottom?

gms585

Posted December 22, 2011
word must have wanted to toss that in for us.

Posted December 22, 2011
And I was gonna say it was helpful, but not with those paragraphs all bunched together lol. Nice review Meuth been thinking about trying this stuff.

Posted December 22, 2011
Like I said, I double spaces them in WORD but that didn't transfer well! Haha!

I'd give it a shot.

Posted December 22, 2011
Great review. This is BY FAR my most favorite Creatine. I wish I could go back a year and re-write some of my old reviews like this one again now that the standard has been set

Posted December 23, 2011
Good review, glad this helped you out, creatine HCL doesnt do jack for me.

Posted December 23, 2011
I get nothing out of mono myself. Well, except for some extra trips to the bathroom.

Posted December 23, 2011
Dorain Yates on Body Coaches via facebook said that the only creatine that worked for him was creatine ethyl ester or a blend creatine creatine monohydrate did not work for him.

Posted December 23, 2011
Happy it worked for you...didn't do anything for me at all!

Posted December 23, 2011
good day! nice review! i would just like to know if how many oz. of water will you mix with one micro scoop of con-cret? and for 145 lbs. how many scoops will i take? and do you need to take it daily even on your non-workout days? your urgent reply is most appreciated. thanks bro. merry christmas!

Posted December 23, 2011
I mixed it with very little water so I could still taste it. When I mixed it with C4, I didn't add anymore water than I would for C4. Maybe 8-12 floz total?

At your weight, I'd say 3/4-1 scoop would be fine

Depends on how many days you workout a week. I'd say yoh take it at least 5 days a week at least.

Posted December 24, 2011
I'm still debating on whether to take it with my pre-workout or with my post-workout shake. I've done both with creatine in the past so I'm not sure when to take this. Suggestions anyone?

joeflah13

Con-Crete is a popular variation of creatine monohydrate. I've had it as an ingredient in a few pre workouts and I wanted to try it as a change up from regular CreaPure for my DTP routine.

CreaPure works the best for me, and you can't beat the value. But I honestly don't know how to feel about the Con-Crete because even though I did see some positives, it's crazy expensive for very few servings.

Dosing/Profile: 9/10

The only ingredient in Con-Crete is Creatine HCl in a dose of 750 mg per scoop. The hydrochloride molecule that is bonded to the creatine is supposed to enhance absorbtion, increase ATP production, and allow you to avoid a lot of common side effects that come with creatine supplementation like water weight gain and cramps (even though I've never experienced any side effects from any creatine before).

Since the creatine is "concentrated", less of it is needed to be effective. Promera advertises that "1/4 teaspoons is equivalent to 5-10 grams of regular creatine". I don't know how I could verify this or not but I really like the premise of micro-dosing. It makes this creatine versatile and convenient to take. Just two tiny scoops preworkout and you're good to go, no loading necessary and no large amount of powder to have to gulp down.

Con-Crete loses major points here. I spent $29 for a 48 serving tub on NutraPlanet and that's the standard price on the web and in stores. Since I used 2 scoops a day, it only lasted 24 days. I like that you don't need to do major doses for a loading phase because that always kills the value of a creatine supplement, but c'mon man! $1.21 a day for creatine! SIKE, THAT'S THE WRONG NUMBER! It better lift the weights FOR ME if you expect me to shell out that much every 3 weeks.

CreaPure gave me the same (probably better) results for a fraction of the price. At NutraPlanet I came across a 60 serving tub of Optimum CreaPure for $9. Even if you double up the dose to make it 10 grams, that's still a full month's worth for $.30 a day. Unreal...

Taste/Mixability: 7.5/10

A lot of people complain about the tartness of how the unflavored version tastes, but I found no problems with it. It's a little bitter, but I think creatine ethyl ester tasted way more bitter than this. I'd mix it by itself, with my Alphamine dose in the morning, or with my Condense preworkout and you couldn't taste it much at all, and it just had a dull, sour taste that was a little chemical-y. If you don't like sour tasting things, I understand, but this is nothing to worry about. I'm sure the flavored versions taste better but I wanted to avoid the fillers and flavoring.

The only thing I noticed about the mixability was that the taste got stronger near the bottom of the drink, so the creatine was settling right away. But as long as you can get over the little shock from that concentrated tartness at the bottom of your shaker cup, you're good to go. Mixes clear and leaves no particles or floaties in the cup even if you use a spoon to mix it.

Here's where I'm kind of fuzzy on Con-Crete. For the price I paid, I was expecting it to exceed the effects of a normal creatine. That might've skewed my perception of how this worked.

Since I was running the DTP program, I was really relying on my stamina and endurance to get through the workouts. I did manage to add weight to every exercise in the program over the course of 4 weeks, so Con-Crete did contribute to a little more strength over those long 40 and 50 rep sets.

I don't think this contributed to any kind of pump I had while working out, but since creatine draws water into your cells my muscles did look a little fuller while on Con-Crete. I never experienced any bloating, cramps, or excessive water retention while using this, but like I said I never have with other creatines either.

I did notice I recovered really well day to day while taking this, but I think the cardio/rest day in between each workout helped with that, as well as the other supplements I was stacking with this. But Promera does say that Con-Crete helps with recovery, and I never felt any DOMs or muscle soreness the day after a workout.

But for the people who've reviewed this before me saying the pros are "steroid-like results" and "feeling unbreakable", you might want to check if you were actually taking this and not something else... this is just a creatine supplement, let's calm down.

I feel bad giving this such an average rating because it's a quality product that has its fair share of positive effects. 100% purity, enhanced potency at low doses, increased creatine uptake because of its bond to the hydrochloride molecule...

I think all of Promera's claims of how much better this works than regular creatine are based off of comparisons to regular creatine monohydrate, not CreaPure. I recently switched back over to a CreaPure based creatine supplement and I see no noticeable differences in terms of strength or endurance while lifting. You can get the same results from a creatine that's ¼ the price of Con-Crete, so I don't care if Con-Crete is ¼ the dose of regular creatine. That's cute and all, but doesn't really matter.

If you need a little changeup and want to see if Con-Crete works better for you, I'd say go for it. A lot of people who make the jump over from monohydrate to Con-Crete never go back, so this might work well if you don't respond to mono. But since I know the CreaPure form of monohydrate works really well for me, I wouldn't get this again, and I wouldn't waste your money if you're in the same boat as me.

Next creatine to try for me is Green Magnitude, but I'll be sticking with CreaPure for now and won't be going back to Con-Crete.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Strength Increase
  • Doses Are Small
  • Recovery

Posted October 13, 2012
First of all, im not a rapper... So stop rappin at me.

second of all helpful review. i been iffy on trying this

joeflah13

Posted October 13, 2012
Lmao yes! Somebody caught the reference! Haha glad you gound it helpful bud.

Posted October 13, 2012
Glad this worked for you, never had much luck myself with creatine hcl.

Posted October 13, 2012
Good Review. I've been thinking about trying this but will prob stick to creapure.

But I'm not a rapper.

VonBoom

Nice review...and reference.

Posted October 14, 2012
not worth the price. here in aus it retails at $60 for 30 serves - JOKING!

kris65

Overall I really really wanted to like this product

Whats up everyone? This review I have been prolonging for quite some time because in all honesty, I just don't like giving negative reviews. Today I will be reviewing ProMera's Health Con-Cret.

So quick backround; I love creatine, have tried basically every designer creatine and creatine blend on the market. So my experience in the creatine department is not lacking by any means what so ever. With that said lets jump straight into the review.

Taste – 9/10

So taste is never a make or break item when determining whether a supplement is of good quality or not. If something tastes bad but is quite effective (ex. Creatine Ethyl Ester) you suck it up and just endure the taste. This is not an issue you will have with this product. I had the unflavored and the Lemon Lime. The unflavored was really unflavored.

Usually when a creatine is unflavored it is accompanied by a slight bitter taste, but not this. It might actually be due to the fact that the doses are so small that there really is no room to taste anything at all. The Lemon Lime flavor was pretty darn good. Not too strong/overpowering or sweet, again I have a feeling this is because of how small the doses really are.

Mixability – 9/10

So the mixability was excellent here. The doses are so small that there really isn't that much powder to mix in the water at all. This is prob one of the best mixing creatines I have used.

Content – 10/10

So I really liked the content here. This product consists entirely of creatine hydrochloride. Basically its creatine bonded to HCL; HCL acts as the form of transportation for the creatine in your system. The makers say that "Con – Cret contains no sugars, no fillers, no binders, no buffing agents, no additives, no stimulants, and no banned or illegal substances." Whats also comforting to know is that Con –Cret is is made in the USA and complies with c(GMP) standards.

Effectiveness – 6/10

So this is what really irks me; on paper this is a great supplement, I just didn't respond to it at all. I didn't notice any strength gains or anything similar to what I experience with other creatines. So the first time I ran this was when it first came out, I was taking it with a bunch of other stuff and I didn't notice anything. I ran it a month before I started my Licogenix/OxyECA log and still had noticeable changes.

Recovery – 0/10
Recovery wise I didn't notice much either. With other creatine products I notice a slight change in my recovery, with this I noticed nothing substantial.

Side Effects – NA
So I had no issues, no bloating or water retention which was a plus.

Overall – 6/10
Overall I really really wanted to like this product. It mixes well, the flavor is good; not too strong or overpowering and the value isn't that bad either. On BB.com its 34 bucks for 48 servings, and they have a coupon where you can get 20% off of that price. There are no sides, no bloating or water retention, but for me there was also no results. This is a shame, but everyone responds to supplements differently and I guess this is one of those products that is just not effective for me. I tried GNC's creatine 189 before in the past which is creatine HCL and that too didn't do much for me.
Overall I think I would recommend this to someone to try, as I have several friends who did like it. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for anyone else. I hate it when people don't like a product and automatically assume its trash and wont work for anyone. This is a fairly popular creatine supplement which has worked for others so clearly some people are getting something out of the HCL bonded creatine. In my case though I think I will just stick to Green Mag and good ol' reliable micronized creatine monohydrate.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Mixes Very Well
  • Doses Are Small
  • Banned Substance Free
  • No Results

Posted April 3, 2012
Sorry, hit he wrong button :(

Gkeezy

Posted April 3, 2012
If effectiveness is 6 and recovery is 0 why would you recommend this product? just curious broski

Posted April 3, 2012
Well like I said above this is a very popular product that many people have found to help them. Everyone reacts to these things differently, chances are im just a non responder to creatine HCL. I would recommend someone to try it though cause I seem to be in the minority of users who didnt respond well to it. Just cause a product doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

Posted April 3, 2012
Good detailed review. Im in the same boat i wanted to like it but it just doesn't work as well as Creapure or Green Mag.

Posted April 3, 2012
my favorite right here. sorry it did little to nothing for you man

Posted April 4, 2012
^Thank Cam, yea I tried to like it lol ran it twice just didnt work out. Creatine HCL is the only designer creatine that I dont respond to.

Posted April 4, 2012
I agree Kris, I just haven't put my review out yet on it, Con-Cret had little to no effect on me and I ran it three times just to make sure.

Intro/Background

With all the crazy reviews and hype around this product I would consider it a sin not to try out this product.

Intro/Background

I have tried a majority of Creatines out there. I have had nice expernieces with Monohydrate & Kre-Alk and was very excited to try Con-Cret.

Con-Cret is ProMera Health's high-selling creatine product. Con-Cret contains Creatine Hydrochloride (HCL) which sets it apart from your traditonal Monohydrate and "cousins" like Kre-Alk & Ethyl Ester. One 750 MG dosge is apparently equal to 5-10 grams of Monohydrate.

"Science Behind Con-Cret"

While my order was in the mail I was doing some extra research on Con-Cret and noticed there graph that explains how Con-Cret is much more soluble than Monohydrate. This graph interested me so I decided to look into a little more.
The lab that conducted the study was Viero Systems and the "Labs" website (Vierosystems.com) was the phoniest thing I have ever witnessed. It contains one page with just a backdrop of some generic lab.
Although this kinda left me feeling punked the MASS amount of positive results gave me hope.

Taste-

Taste is relative but I could not see anyone enjoying the unflavored taste. It simply sucks, but I could care less. Mixing it with juice lessens the horrid aftertaste a bit. I have not tried the new flavors but I hear they are solid which beats the unflavored significatly.

Overall, taste is not a biggie for me and it has no effect on the rating of this product.

Sides-

None to report. This should be expected of a "concentrated creatine." Although the "sides" that come from Monohydrate seem to come with products like Cell-Tech that has way too much sugar, which can cause bloating, water retention, etc. which is later blamed on Monohydrate.

Value-

It is quite possibly the most expensive creatine. It will cost you in the ballpark of $35 for a tub or bottle of caps, which is extremely high compared to Creapure and is a bit more expensive than Kre-Alk.

Effectiveness-

This is were the product truly disappointed me. I ran this product for close to 12 weeks. I did two tubs of powder and a bottle of capsules and would rank this below Monohydrate and Kre-Alk.

Around Week 2 I saw slight strength gains but no where near the "steroid-like" strength gains reported or strength gains I have experniece with Kre-Alk or Monohydrate. After Week 2 I didn't see much of any noticeable strength gains. This is really upsetting especially on a calorie surplus diet.

Side Notes-

I'm not saying this product won't work for everyone it simply didn't work for ME! I've had my best results with Monohydrate which doesn't seem normal these days so maybe I'm a "weird" responder to Creatine.

I would recommend Monohydrate (Creapure) or Kre-Alk over Con-Cret. Monohydrate simply because its cost-efficent and has countless studies promoting its effects, and Kre-Alk because I responded well to it.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Doses Are Small
  • Banned Substance Free
  • Overrated
  • No Legit Science Behind The Product
  • Minimal Results

Posted June 21, 2011
How many scoops were you taking?

Posted June 21, 2011
Great review. Honesty is always appreciated.

@Wrestler152

2 to 2 1/2 at 185-190 lbs.

@MassiveBeast

Thanks bro, means a lot.

Posted June 21, 2011
good review bro, nice to see reputable honesty.

Posted June 21, 2011
Great review. I always had a feeling this product was just over hyped man. I'm fine with my Allmax Creapure and/or Kre-alk. +

blizzard

Posted June 22, 2011
Matty, great review. I was going to get this when I go back to the States, but I think I'll hold off since it's so expensive. Have you tried C-Bol? Might try that. Otherwise I might just go back to mono as well.

venom434

Good review.

Try Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude, really good creatine; currently my favorite.

Posted June 22, 2011
solid review bro don't know how it can get a not helpful.

Posted June 22, 2011
creapure, best type of creatine i have used yet. Kre-Alk isn't even close.

@Chichistrong

Thanks man!

@Tsunami

Yep, feel its a little overrated

@Blizzard

People have had awesome expernieces so I don't want to scare you off, but just a little warning! I have looked into C-Bol and will defintely try it in the fall hopefully.

@Venom

I'll look into Green Magnitude. That and C-Bol seem promising.

Control Labs is awesome!

@KRoberts

Thanks!

Maybe a ProMera fanboy?

@Blade

I agree, Creapure is the shiz!

Posted June 23, 2011
Who the F would negative rep this review?

ReAnimate, I hope this was a misclick. Otherwise you win this month's Jerkoff of the Month Award.

Hahaha thanks Blade!

Posted June 23, 2011
no worries homie. i myself only use two creatines. sizeon and greenmag. i will not stray from those two

diazr01

Posted June 23, 2011
ripoff...I bought 3 big bottles and 1 small one and it only last me 2 months (they recommend for intensive training 2 scoops per 100 lbs)...worst part I saw no improvements with my strength and recovery. Overhyped.

Posted June 23, 2011
It's great to see a 32 year old man who's main concern is his online popularity. Your a class act Blade.

Clipper83

Def. give it a shot if you like to experiment

Just about halfway through my second tub of this and finally decided to give this a review. Although I usually just stick to CreaPure, I decided to venture off into the world of creatine, as I get really bored using the same product constantly. I see all these new attempts at introducing new creatines to the market as if companies were trying to reinvent the wheel. Then again, that doesn't take away from the effectiveness of these new forms of creatine. Anyway, let me get this started.

Dosing:10/10
A very small scoop. Kind of surprising actually. Just looking at the bottle it's in you would think that there was barely anything in there. But one scoop delivers 750mg of Creatine HCL. 1 serving(scoop) per 100lbs of bodyweight. I'm currently at 193lbs so I just take 2 servings pre/post. On off days, I would take 2 scoops in the morning to saturation.

Taste:8/10
I used the "raw" flavor twice. I can see some people being turned off by it, but as sick as it may seem, I actually enjoyed this flavor. I wouldn't be able to drink it all day, but for some reason the chemical like taste was just good. As a warning, I would just say go for a different flavor, because I am sure most of you guys won't like this taste. Then again, mixing it with a preworkout would be a great way to mask the raw flavor if it was a problem for you.

Mixability:10/10
With old school mono, I would usually have to wait for it to dissolve before I drank it. That would usually take a few minutes. This stuff dissolves immediately. After one shake, it would be like there was nothing in there. The only thing left would be that weird taste.

Effectiveness:9/10
At first, I didn't see any results from this because I was just using it post workout. Then after finally caving in and taking it as a pre-training creatine, I found it to be very effective. My strength increased noticeably. Endurance was also up, I could just tell that I would fatigue sooner when I forgot to take it. I wouldn't say that I actually recovered better from it, but I usually rate my recovery by other factors(diet/water intake/BCAAs). Another good thing is that there is no water retention with this, something I can't say about Mono(GNC brand mono, no problem with CreaPure)

Value:6/10
To be honest, this was a killer. GNC has AMP Creatine 189, which is the exact same ingredient, but is a lot cheaper per serving(You know something is expensive when you can find the same ingredient at GNC cheaper). Even online it is rather expensive for the amount of servings you are getting. One bottle comes with 48 servings, I take 4 on training day, and 2 on off days. You do the math.

Overall:8.5/10
I'll be generous and overlook the value a bit. I really like this creatine and will continue to by it from time to time. I would say give this a shot if it's on sale because it works. Def. give it a shot if you like to experiment.

Or if you want to be "that guy", who is very boring and refuses to use anything else but CreaPure, you are fine going that route, but just to let you know, you are missing out!

CLIPPY!

Mooselini

Posted August 14, 2012
Yo Clip if your review gets pushed way down just post in the thread i started for Lava with the link and we got you

Posted August 14, 2012
This is creatine hydrochoride right?

Der Bladeski!

Alright Moose, even though the spam reviews seem to have died down a bit, sounds good

Yerp it is

Posted August 15, 2012
I hear so much about this one and thought about trying it but taking 4 scoops a day makes it go real fast. Value is not good for bigger guys I guess lol. Imagine if you were up to 300 this supp would fly by in days. Good point on GNC being cheaper.

But good review. Ill try green mag before I try this.

Gkeezy

Posted August 15, 2012
I loved this stuff! but still think SizeON is king of creatine imho

This product is pure and effective, defiantly worth a try

ProMera Health's Con-Cret. Powdered and flavorless.

ProMera Health's Con-Cret. Powdered and flavorless.

This is the first creatine I have ever tried. Based on what I've read on this site I knew I would be trying this first. I will note that my overall goal is to reduce my body fat percentage by increasing Muscle and Strength, while losing fat.

Taste: I've tried with just water, as well as dumping on my tongue when I was running late. I recommend neither. The taste is just horrible, but honestly that doesn't matter to me. Might to someone though, keep reading if it does to you.

Mixability: This mixes extremely well, just disappears in water. I've heard about monohydrate mixing issues and can say they do not apply. And to conquer the taste I mixed with a half packet of Crystal Light. Perfect.

Effectiveness: Unfortunately I do not have a standard to compare against, as this is my first creatine. That said, I'm still convinced that this product contributed to my strength gains, which through the course of this tub, have been significant. I recommend.

Value: I ordered the 38.4 grams tub from ProSource.net for $29.99. I used 2 ½ scoops per workout which comes out to $1.56 per workout. This is kind of expensive to me, however, the tub just seems to last a good while and I still recommend based on effectiveness.

Side Effects: I'm pretty sure I had none. Absolutely no pain/headache/upset stomach type symptoms. Some days I was concerned about that watery look, but the fact of the matter is I drink a LOT of water through the course of the day, which is most likely the root.

Overall: This product is pure and effective, defiantly worth a try. After all when it comes to physical fitness, you can't argue against at least temporary change.

This product, Kre-Alkalyn, and Creapure products are the most praised creatines period. I'm starting Kre-Alkalyn now, with plans on using Creapure under Optimum's label next. After that I hope to be able to decide on the permanent creatine in my stack.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Dramatic Strength Increase
  • No Fillers

Cray

Great review.

Thank you very much.

Posted April 10, 2011
Nice review, I noticed you mentioned some of your goals/reasoning behind using this product, have you checked out petey's diet plans on the forums?

Posted April 10, 2011
Wow dumping straight on your tongue. Thats hardcore to say the least lol. Great review

Posted April 10, 2011
Anthraxx, I haven't checked out the diet but I will, thank you.

Posted April 11, 2011
I saw you were about to take kre alkalyn so now that you probably have taken it which one do you think is the best? Thanks for the input I have been taken kre alkalyn and i am about out so I was leaning toward con crete next...

Posted April 11, 2011
I haven't finished the bottle yet, but so far I think Con-Cret is better. I am still getting stronger, doesn't seem as obvious though. I am excited to try Optimum's creatine as well though.

Con-cret is pretty good, but there's a lot cheaper creatines

Promera claims they have the Future of Creatine in their most popular supplement: Con-Cret. They boast Superior Solubility, Superior Plasma Uptake, No Loading or Cycling, No Cramping, Bloating, Water Retention or GI Issues. All this along with the promotion of Strength, Endurance, and Muscle Recovery. I'll give you guys my take on it and how it compared to Cellucor's Cor-Performance Creatine.

Dosing- 10/10
Dosing is based on body weight, 1 scoop per 100lbs. Each scoop contains 750mg of Creatine HCl and depending if you get unflavored or flavored, 237mg of flavoring. Take on off days and preworkout. I enjoyed the body weight-based dosing, I took 1 heaping scoop (approximately 1.3 scoops)preworkout and off days, drinking 1 gallon or more every day.

Effectiveness- 8/10
Their supplement supported their claims well.
I originally started using it post-workout, but then realized it was aimed to be used preworkout. As soon as I switched from post to pre, I noticed a reasonable amount of extra endurance during sets; 1 or 2 extra reps or I felt like my muscles recovered quicker between sets. I didn't notice as good of strength increase as I did with creapure however. I feel like Con-Cret helped, but I just responded better to creatine mono.

I didn't load or cycle for around 18 weeks of use, although it seems like there isn't any need to cycle creatine in general. The only other creatine I've used so far (aside from pwos) is Cellucor's creapure which I didn't load either.

I never had any cramping, bloating, GI issues, or water retention. I actually noticed a decrease in water retention when I switched from Cellucor's creatine to Con-cret and I wasn't even holding that much water with Cellucor's product.

Taste- 7/10
I tried the Unflavored and the Snakefruit flavor. The unflavored was quite bitter but could be masked well in a preworkout. The Snakefruit however, was interesting to say the least. A bit spicy, tangy, sweet. I couldn't tell if it was pleasant or unpleasant.

Mixability- 9/10
They were spot on with their claims of Superior Solubility. When you drop it in your shaker, it usually just disappears. There was one instance when I had to mix it in a glass with a spoon and it didn't mix so well, resulting in a 9 instead of 10.

Value- 6/10
You can usually find Con-cret for around $30-$35 for a 48 serving container. At this price, it would run $0.62-$1.45 depending on how you dose it and how much you paid. More than likely, you will use closer to 2 scoops running the price closer to $1.45, although this is on sale/bogo a lot at BB.com

Overall- 7/10
Con-cret is pretty good, but there's a lot cheaper creatines on the market. It seems like it's a hit-or-miss supplement in terms of people's response to it, but I had a pretty positive experience with it so I would recommend giving it a shot. I feel like due to having no/minimal water retention, it would be effective on a cut, but if you're bulking, I would just stick to some Creapure.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Extra Endurance
  • Cute Scooper
  • Body Weight Dosing
  • Low Water Retention
  • Doses Are Small
  • Banned Substance Free
  • Hit-or-miss Results
  • Overrated

This is a legit, clean creatine

General:
This is the best creatine product I have ever tried. Period. I was skeptical at first about the amazing claims, so I decided to go with the free sample. After using up the sample, I've already had great gains. (5-10 pounds per workout) And this was just the sample.

Value:
General:

Value:
Ok, so it's a little pricy, but because of the way it works, I'm not complaining.

Taste:
I have the blue raspberry powder and it has a strange taste. It's almost like a bitter, dry mouth feeling when you're drinking it. Although, taste shouldn't be important as long as the product works. If you wanna be a wuss, just go with the pills. They work just about as good.

Results:
After using a 24 serving sample pack I got past my plateau in bench of 225. My tricep pull down has gone past what the machines can give me so I'm adding on weight now! (20 pound increase from what I was previously doing) There are also several other workouts that have increase about 5-10 pounds. Now, as for the "no side-effects", I can say that I haven't gotten any of the typical creatine cons. In fact, my six pack has gotten more define since using it.

Bottom line:
This is a legit, clean creatine. Go to the website to get a free offer (6.99 shipping). A little pricy, but works amazingly. Paired with a pre-workout; like jack3d, ACG3, or N.O. Xplode, it will increase the results.

• Banned Substance Free

A great product to use in your stack

I've used around 6 bottles of this stuff. Solid product with great results. Recovery time is amazing. A great product to use in your stack. You can mix it with virtually anything. Very concentrated and not filled up with a bunch of junk, so you won't retain as much water if any, as you do with other post workout products. Taste is a bit caustic but it is worth the gains. Put it in your gym bag!

• Thought I Was Unbreakable
    • Dramatic Strength Increase

Posted March 30, 2011
      is it counter productive to use creatine while on a cut or is it totally okay? I've only been cutting ever since I've joined the site so I'm not 100% sure haha

mahe

Posted March 30, 2011
      @bpierce13, creatine is helpful when on a cut, it helps in preserving muscle and giving strength

thanks mahe!

Posted March 30, 2011
      Your pretty swoll man how much u weigh??

I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to add a creatine

A little about my background with creatine products first...I've pretty much tried them all from creatine monohydrate, to CEE, to Kre-Alkalyn. I've even done the post workout products with creatine like CellMass and Size-On. That being said I feel like I have an extensive background with different creatine products to rate it's effectiveness.

I finally got around to trying this product after I found it on sale online. Price was the only thing holding me back from trying it in the past. The flavor that I got was Blue Raspberry.

TASTE: 10/10
      I actually didn't enjoy the taste that much the first couple of times I tried it but it eventually grew on me and I was actually looking forward to drinking it. The Blue Raspberry flavor had almost a sour taste to it which I love.

MIXABILITY: 10/10
      It dissolved in water with very minimal sturring needed. What else more can I say.

EFFECTIVENESS: This isn't a steroid so I wasn't expecting miracles from it. It's a creatine product and worked exactly like a creatine product should. It gave me the energy to push out an extra rep or 2, sometimes 3. I still felt the burn towards the end of my sets but I didn't get that muscle fatigue towards the end. I also felt like I recovered faster between sets. I would have the same energy after 45 seconds of rest as I would with about a minute and a half without taking creatine.

VALUE: 7/10
      I bought it on sale so MY value was great, but the normal price for this is at the higher end of creatine products. There are creatine products out there for half the price that are really effect too, but I really don't think they compare to this one.

SIDE EFFECTS:
      None. Peroid. No bloat or water retention like creatine monohydrate has.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
      I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to add a creatine product to their regiment if they have a few extra dollars in their wallet. As soon as I finish my bottle of Kre-Alkalyn (my go-to creatine) I'm going to fork over the extra dollars and get another bottle of Con-Cret.

• Thought I Was Unbreakable

Posted June 28, 2011
      Great first review bro!,keep'em coming

Posted June 28, 2011
      awesome review man. so straight up, head to head, would you prefer this over kre-alk?

Posted June 28, 2011
      I would for sure prefer this to Kre-Alkalyn. But like I said above, Kre-Alkalyn is my go-to creatine because I feel like I get similar results for half the price. I think Con-Cret has a little bit of an edge over Kre-Alk though just from how I feel like I can recover between sets a lot better and quicker.

mjh34

Posted June 28, 2011
      Great review, thanks mate.

Posted June 28, 2011
      Is it alright if you take this after your workout, because I take jack3d and idk if that's safe to take so close to eachother

Posted June 29, 2011
      It actually should be no problem at all to take before your workout with jack3d...it's not a stimulant like jack3d and jack3d also barely has any creatine in it so it would actually be a good combo to use IMO.

Posted June 29, 2011
      question if you stop using creatine does your muscle loose it's size ? ive never tried one before.Your review makes me want to try this product ..